OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Empty
PostSubject: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 5:10 am

Half past noon, Shimmergloom's alarm clock buzzed, rousing the noctural pony from his much loved slumber, a leathery wing extending, and tapping the top of the alarm clock, stopping the incessant buzzing. Yawning and stretching his wings out, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and rolled out of bed, stumbling a bit on a wrench as she did so. "..buckin' thing..." he mumbled, heading out of the primary room of his one bedroom apartment into the main room, which was connected to the kitchen, and his one true love: the coffee maker. Turning it on, he tapped his hooves impatiently as he watched the stream of blessed caffeine pour into the pot. Eventually, the pot would fill, and he'd fill a cup and take a seat in a well worn recliner, switching on his TV to watch the local news for a bit, his telephone sitting next to him on an end table. "Hmmm... Nah, I think I'll let the work come to me today. Worked my ass off last night, 'ole Gloom deserves a break from pounding the pavement for work eh?" he said aloud to himself, cracking his neck and enjoying a calm morning (Despite what those weirdos who woke up at the crack of dawn would tell him, 12:30pm counts as morning to him.)

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 pm

It's half past noon, and Nicole 'Column Hooves' Evermore, owner of Column's Comforts, has a problem. Her customers have no hot water and her normal repair pony is out on vacation. She checks out customers for a few minutes, then immediately takes the phone book from under the hotel counter and begins flipping through it.

"Repair ponies, repair ponies... Monkey Wrench... No, I've heard he's got a bad reputation... Um... Steam Powers... No, he closed up last week and moved to Cloudsdale... Tartarus, are there any good repair ponies left in this stupid town... Wait... Shimmergloom.... I haven't heard of this one... Well, it's worth a shot..."

She floats her phone set out from under the counter and starts dialing. "Please be available, please be available... Please do rush work..." She idly takes in the sight of her hotel's sitting area. The couches were simple beige things, sitting in front of a currently dead fireplace. The floor is covered in front of the fireplace with a pale green rug. The floors were going bad under the couches and she'd need to get them replaced as well, but she can't afford it. Just the water heater... for now.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:01 pm

Shimmergloom was about 30 minutes into a nap, tv droning on some afternoon show nopony watched, an empty coffee cup beside him when his phone rang. His ears perked, him groaning and picking up the phone. "Ahem... mhmm... This is Shimmergloom, Professional Repairpony, to whom am I speaking?" He asked in a tired, but pleasant tone. Hmm... odd for me to get a call this early in the day. My usual work orders don't come until 8 in the evening. Wonder what this pony wants.

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Nicole breaths out a sigh of relief before talking into the phone. "Oh thank goodness. This is Nicole Evermore, owner of Column's Comforts on the east side. My regular repairpony is on vacation and my water heater's broken down somehow. Things are always breaking down around here and usually my friend Righty Tighty takes care of my repairs. But I need this water heater repaired today or I'll lose a lot of customers. I can't really afford it and... Oh my Celestia... Sorry for rambling like that. I'm just really worked up. How soon can you be here?"

By the end of her rambling, Nicole sits at the counter, rubbing her head, just under her horn, phone floating next to her ear. 

I hope I'm not scaring him off. I really need this.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 2:22 am

Shimmergloom sat up in his chair as she rambled on, seemingly in a mild panic. "Alrighty Miss Evermore. You said Column's Comforts right? I can be there in about a half hour, and depending on the amount of damage done to the water heater, assuming it doesn't need to be replaced entirely, it shouldn't take longer than a couple of hours to get you back up and running. We can discuss payment once I've done an estimate on site. I'll see you in about a half hour ok?" Concluding the discussion, Shimmergloom hung up his phone and retrieved his tool belt and supplies, stuffing a muffin down his face before heading outside, shielding his eyes for a minute as they adjusted to the harsh sunlight before extending his leathery wings, ignoring the few odd looks from people who hadn't seen a thestral outside during the day, taking to the sky and heading towards Column's Comforts. 

After a short flight, Shimmergloom touched down outside of the hotel, pushing his black mane back in place and walking into the reception area. "Hello? I'm looking for a Miss Nicole Evermore?" He called, looking about.

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 1:32 pm

Her head shoots up from her counter top, eyes blinking wildly. "Yes, that's me? May I he- Oh are you Shimmergloom? Thank Celestia and Luna you're here." She gets off the stool behind the counter and walks over to you. "Thank you for arriving so quickly. It's downstairs." She quickly leads him to a door behind the counter, which leads to a set of older stone stairs heading into the dark basement. Her horn lights up and a small ball of oddly colored light appears in the center of the room. Sitting in a corner, patched with duct tape, spot welds, and every last trick in the book, sits a twenty year old water heater, pipes heading up through the ceiling and down into the floor. Also down here are several shelves full of towels, bedsheets, blankets, pillows, tiny shampoos and soaps, and the occasional spare window blinds. "There it is... Can you fix it? I'm not sure I can afford to replace it if it's given up the ghost..."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Shimmergloom nods. "Yup. I'm Shimmergloom. Let's see what I'm working with." He follows her from behind down the stairs. "You should get some lighting installed in here miss. Somepony is bound to crack a hoof stumbling down around here without proper lighting." As she points out the water heater to him, Shimmergloom sighs and shakes his head. "Miss that thing has gotta be at least 20 years old. I'll see what I can do, but I'm not a miracle worker. Gimme a little time and lemme see if I can get this ole' junker back up and running. Usually the pilot light on these old things." Rifling out a few tools from his belt. he knelt down beneath the tank, and got to work. A few JB welds, some electrical tape, several curse words, and a small bump on his head from accidentally hitting his head on the bottom of the tank, the pilot light turned back on. "Standing back up, he used his wing to wipe the sweat from his brow. Finding Miss Evermore, he'd give his report. "Alright, so I got your heater back up and running. Here's the deal though: that thing maybe has a year left in it if you're lucky. You gotta replace that thing. Now, onto brass tax: That'll be 100 bits for the repair miss. And give me a call when you decide to replace that water heater. I might be able to get you a discount."

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Nicole nods, pulling out a small lockbox and setting it down on the counter before her. She then reaches a hoof into her mane and pulls out a small silvery key, unlocks the box, then opens it. Her horn lights up and bits start flowing out of the box in neat stacks of 20 coins each.

"It'll be a close month, but I can afford it. Thank you so much for the rush work, Mr. Shimm-" She looks up again, and finally notices that he has bat wings. "Oh, my... A thestral. I don't believe I've ever met one before..." Her eyes remain locked on the wings as she talks, before shaking her head.

"Oh my, sorry. I get easily distracted sometimes... That was rude of me." She adds 10 more bits to the hundred on the counter. "Here, a tip for my rudeness. I'll be sure to call you when I raise the funds to replace the heater."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 9:25 pm

As she sorted out his payment, Shimmergloom yawned and rubbed his eyes "Not a problem Miss Evermore" When she noted his wings and reacted. he chucked in response. "We're not the most common pony about, especially during the day." Seeing her, push a tip towards him, he extended a leathery wing and scooted it back towards her. "Nah, no need miss. Genuine surprise is nothing to take offense at. Not like you called me a Vampony or something dumb like that. And please do call if you plan to replace it. I might be able to locate a discount on a water heater for you, and oft times I do work at half price when it involves installing a new piece of equipment I have to buy." Turning to leave, he adjusted his pack and started out the door. "See ya 'round Miss Evermore. Have a nice day." And with that, he strode outside and took wing to the sky, immediately heading back home to his comfy chair.

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 9:41 pm

Niccy blushes softly as he pushes the tip to her, absently putting it back in her lockbox. She nods as he talks about the water heater and follows him to the door. She watches him spread his wings and take flight, waving dazedly after the flying stallion. She blushes, looks around the street, then slowly trots back inside. "Oh goodness... Fliers... why is it always the fliers that take my breath away... And why didn't I say something?! Stupid stupid Nicole!" She face hooves twice as she walks back over to her stool behind the counter, sitting down.

"He's such a wonderful stallion... I wonder when the next repair issue will come in... Might have to tell Righty Tighty that I found a replacement..." She thinks, waiting for any more customers to come in for a few minutes before standing up and making her way up the stairs. "Maybe the laundry will help me focus..."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Along the way home home, Shimmergloom made a quick pit stop at a local joint for pegasi, grabbing a fish sandwich and some hay fries before continuing on his way home, setting his stuff by the door as he stepped inside, kicking the door closed with a rear hoof and dropping his satchel by the door, returning to his chair and switching his TV back on, opening the take-out container and digging into his meal. Finishing his food up, he set the container on the nightstand, and stretched out. "Yeah... that was a good start to the day... 200 bits in my pouch, a pretty mare satisfied, and a full belly... mhmmm... should probably start trying to find a patron to put me on retainer though... might run into a dry spell at somepoint..."

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:09 am

Two days have passed, and Nicole sits in her stool, sweating, a sheaf of papers held in her magic, fanning her face as she checks out her last few guests. C'mon, just a few more... give me a chance to call him.... She continues to smile as she checks out her last patron for the morning.

The room finally empty of customers, she shoots a nasty glare at the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. "You... I'm going to make you pay one of these days, you piece of horseapples... For now I'll fix you..."

She grabs her phone, quickly dialing Shimmergloom's number, hoping he's still up at 11 AM. "C'mon, hun... get your flank over here... pick up..."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:23 am

At home in his room, completely blacked out with light blocking curtains, Shimmergloom was snoring peacefully, sprawled out across his bed on his belly, wings splayed out lazily, one hanging over the side of the bed. Unfortunately for him, this blissful slumber was interrupted by the jarring ring of the phone on his night stand. Sputtering a little as her was abruptly woken, he rubbed his eyes, fumbling around for a moment before he picked up the phone. "Mhmmm...mmm..yeah.....mhmmm...Shimmergloom... profess.... re-pony... something....Who's this?...." he mumbled into the phone, followed by a long yawn.

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:35 am

Niccy blinks, hearing the yawn. "Mr. Shimmergloom? Did I wake you up? I'm terribly sorry if I did, but my air conditioning seems to have broken down somehow..." She looks up at the vent, scowling slightly as she twirls the phone cord around her hoof. Damnit, stupid ac... Now I've had to wake up Shimmergloom, and he's going to be tired. And it's all your fault... Then again... I do get to see him again, maybe I should thank you... She grins at this, nodding at the vent.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:41 am

Shimmergloom's ears perked a little as he heard a familiar voice on the other line. "Mhmm... gimme a second miss.." Sitting up on his haunches, he shook his head a little. "Yes, you did wake me Miss Evermore... Your AC you say? I might... *yawn* be able to help... but in addition to my usual fee..." He paused, a long yawn taking precedent over his ability to speak. "I'm gonna need a cup of coffee there on my arrival... its a hotel... sure you got some somewhere yeah?"

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 am

She nods for a second before realizing she's on a phone. "Yes, of course. There's some left over from this morning's breakfast. I'll have a mug ready for you. I'm sorry for calling you in the middle of the day like this." Her horn lights up, turning on a coffee maker in the dining room past the door behind her with her magic. "I'll just... put the pot back on the burner. It should be nice and warm by the time you get here."

She begins tidying up the couches in the sitting area with her magic, realigning the cushions. The fire is out, for obvious reasons, and the rugs are slightly askew, something she also remedies quickly as she also holds the phone to her ear, a faint blush tinting her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 6:28 pm

He nods in response, tucking his wings back into his sides. " Alrighty then. I should be over in..." Shimmergloom glances at his clock, groaning internally. By the moon, why is it only 11am... "Say an hour or so. Till then Miss Evermore." Hanging up the phone, he stumbled out of bed and to the bathroom, taking a quick shower to try and perk himself up, brushing his teeth and then making his way on down to the kitchen after fighting with his bed mane for a bit. Gathering up his tool belt, he made his way outside onto the street.

"Mummy, what's that pony? Why's he got pointy teeth?" Some little filly walking down the street asked as they walked by with their parent. "Hush dear, that's a thestral. They're usually not out at this time of day. Bet the poor stallion's exhausted. Leave him be ok?" the mother replied, smiling and nodding at him, Shimmergloom smiling and nodding in response before taking wing to the sky for the short flight to Column's Comforts, landing outside the establishment and walking inside, the telltale sound of tools clanking against each other signaling his arrival. "Miss Evermore, I'm here." He called. "Show me the coffee and I'll show you a fixed AC unit." He joked with a grin despite the early hour.

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:39 am

Niccy is just walking out the door to the dining area, a full mug of freshly brewed coffee held in her magic. She quickly trots over to the thestral, carefully keeping the coffee from sloshing. "Here you go Mr. Shimmergloom. Once again I'm really sorry. I know this is really early for you but it's just unbearable in here without the AC. If you want, I could let you crash on one of my couches, or I could let you sleep in one of the rooms when you're done. Anything to help."

She shuffles in a seemingly nervous fashion, sweat beginning to bead on her coat as she grabs her stack of papers and begins fanning herself with them.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Shimmergloom perks up when he sees the steaming mug of coffee, immediately claiming it from her, taking a long draught from the mug. "Ah... that's much better..." He mumbles. She'd swear she'd visibly see him awaken, his stance tightening, ears perking, and wings twitching for a moment. "Alrighty then Miss Evermore, lets get this done cause good goddess is it an oven in here. And I might take you up on that offer afterwards. For now, show me where you keep your air conditioning unit, and I'll see if I can hit it a few times and get it working again. Can't have anyone staying in this sauna you're running eh?" he joked, grinning and looking around for the AC unit.

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Niccy blinks, then kinda shuffles nervously on her hooves, blushing slightly. "I don't... actually know where it is... Righty always just disappeared somewhere to work on it... I find if I get close to things they break down faster." She points up the stairs. "I.. Think... think, mind you, that it's in the attic room... which is mine... It's probably hidden in the walls somewhere..."

She begins leading him up the six flights of stairs. "If you'll follow me. I've put anything... indecent away so as not to distract you. I'll just sit on my bed and watch you, if you don't mind..." Her face is flushed beet red, driven to it by her inner voice. Yes! Take him to your room! All you have to do now is get him to fall asleep and you'll have him all to yourself for who knows how long!
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Shimmergloom raises an eyebrow at the mares strange behavior, but nods and follows her. "Well that'd make more sense than it being in the basement" He joked as he followed her up the stairs, a bit confused as to her intentions. "Indecent? Wonder what in Tartarus that mare is on about. Probably just the heat messing with her head. Or she's in heat. He sniffed for a second. Nah, definitely not in heat. Would've smelled that the second I walked in the room, and that'd probably have been the end of any sort of conversation. "Sounds good to me I guess. Helps to have someone around who knows the lay of the land."

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Niccy slowly leads him up the stairs past each floor. Each floor has soft beige colored walls and a soft, matching carpet. There are four doors on each floor with small gold numbers on them. Finally she leads him up the final flight of stairs.

They end in a small landing with just a simple white door. "Ok... Here we are." She pushes the door open onto a large space with white walls and a simple hardwood floor. In one corner is a queen bed, made neatly with a small bedside table next to it. In another corner is a small wardrobe. There are several bookcases across the opposite wall, full of a large assortment of books.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Shimmergloom walked into the room with her, looking around for a closet, or anything that looked like an air conditioning unit. "Hmmm... doesn't look like its in here, but maybe the breaker box is. I can always restart its power source. Sometimes that fixes things right on the spot. I'm gonna move a a few things around ok?" Starting to nose around, he'd leave Nicole up to her own devices for the moment, though he doubted he'd find a breaker box in this room. Truthfully, he was humoring her, and also trying to figure out what she wanted from him, what with them being in her own private room with the large bed...

Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Niccy thinks for a second, blushes, then stammers out to him as she lays down on the bed. "It... m-might be in my cl-closet..." She looks down at the bed under her, twiddling her hooves. She looks over at what appears to be a blank wall against what Shimmergloom would realize would be a dead space in the building, to the side of the stairs they came up to get here.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Shimmergloom nods, and walks over to the closet, opening it and switching on the light. Seeing the breaker box, he opened it. "Huh, there was a breaker box in here, thanks Miss Evermore." He called out, looking over the labels until he found the one that was tripped. Air Conditioning... here we are. Some mare in heat probably checked in and cranked the AC into oblivion, making the breaker trip. "Think I found the problem. Just lemme flip this and..." Flipping the switch, Nicole would hear the AC begin to turn back on, Shimmergloom closing the breaker box and turning back around to her on the bed. "That should do it, unless there was something else you wanted from me this morning?" he added with a grin and a wink.

PostSubject: Re: Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)    Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaotic Shifts (Private w/ Nicole Evermore)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next