OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharp

Sharp

Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Empty
PostSubject: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:05 am

It has been brought to my attention that some of you believe my narration about the merits of toast to have been a rant. To you, I say but one thing: NO TOAST FOR YOU.

And, of course, by “but one thing” I meant I’m going to continue to talk at you. Naturally. Anyways, I feel as though I should probably refresh your memory as to what your relationship with Professor Anomie is. In various points of your differently varying lives, Anomie has become a sort of father figure for you at the Canterlot School For Gifted Unicorns. If you have, in fact, forgotten this... you are encouraged to take a moment to reflect on your failure. Congratulations.

Right, at this point the majority of you, I say majority because some of you have, as I previously mentioned, been denied your toast, are consuming toast and reading a note from Anomie. I would also like to take this time to remind you that you WILL open that package. Your reasons are your own, but, as of this moment, the universal bylaws of universalness require you to open it. Do not be the first pony to find out what happens when you break a universal bylaw of universalness.

Oh yeah, you all live together in a fairly large dorm room. Plenty of bunk beds all around, and you all occupy them. The layout is as follows: Two bunk beds, one on each side of the room. The backwall is a bookshelf, full of books, and in the center of the room there is a rug, atop the rug there is a table. The door is in the center of the only wall not mentioned previously. You know, in case you somehow forgot the layout of the room you've lived in for like 9ever  

Warm, sunny Saturday morning. What do?

The note, in case you forgot. You are, once again, encouraged to take a moment to reflect on your failure if you did.:

Woah, Deja vu...

Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:52 am

Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Heartop2_zps56d14bf2

It was quite the shame that the toast was gone. There was much thoughts to be had about the simplicity of the toast. It's always just bends and moves and allows for itself to be eaten. One could question if the toast was actually a masochist, but...that was probably a thought for another breakfast time, one that wasn't so preoccupied with a gift! Ah yes, gifts! Such amazing commodities that in and of itself was simple in nature as well.

It arrives when you least expect it and fills you with such joy, or possibly terror. There was a simple mystery to gifts. Well no matter...oh look it's from Professor Anomie! The package came with the letter and it was address to all of us, not simply just one pony. "Fascinating, what could possible the professor have sent to us? Hey everypony, come hither." Heartstrings's gentle voice would carry to his roommates as he picked up the package and opened the letter as he brought it to the center of the room onto the table and began to recite the letter aloud so each of the roommates could hear.

When he finished reciting it, his brow arched as he looked at the letter and then looked to his roommates to finally leave his eyes to rest upon the sealed package.

He was perplexed at the thought and was considering a few things. "I smell a story coming out of this..." he grin. He levitated the package onto the table and looked at it, his eyes sparkling with excitement. Equinology? What's that? Pfft...not interesting enough than a secret that precedes even the Princess's.

Last edited by Heartstring on Fri May 15, 2015 4:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : just a small edit.)
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:14 am

Mind Blaze groans. She was sleep-deprived, by about five hours. So extraordinarily well rested by her standards. There were near permanent bags under her eyes, and her two-toned magic was dull, though functional. No one, student or staff, had ever seen her well rested. Not even the lethargy spells some students had learned ever had any effect on her; she either woke up right after they were cast, or couldn't sleep for the exact amount of time she had been in magical slumber. Still, her scores were good, and she didn't seem to be getting any worse, so most let it slide.
Her black and white telekinesis throws off the covers as she rolls out of the bed with a muffled thump. "Ugh.... From the Professor? Read it out then.... Coffee.... Please..."
Blaze seems slightly more awake as Heart reads out the part about secrets. "You... you aren't gonna burn it, right? And you'll make coffee Heart? You're always good about that...." She mumbles, plodding over to the table.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
Chappy

Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:07 am

Gear Head opens his eyes at the sound of his roommates voice. He sat up on his bed and stretched for a moment, before quite literally jumping out of bed. He seemed wide awake, despite only just now waking up.

He was initially going to say something, but stopped as he listened to what the letter said. He seemed confused as to what the professor was saying in his letter, as well as the significance of the package. As soon as he heard the bit about the packages contents.

'A secret that precedes the princesses? That's... Very interesting...' He thought to himself. He was barely listening as Heart finished reading, only really hearing the bit about burning the package.

"Heart, I trust you're not thinking what I hope you're not thinking." He said warily as he inched towards the table, ready to grab the package just in case.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Blood Moon tried to keep her eyes shut, she had been trying to sleep and had been dreaming about eating toast for some reason. She didn't care what had shown up at the door, she didn't care that everyone was waking up and making noise, she wanted to keep sleeping. When Gear Head woke up and started making noise too, she was finally forced to wake up. She sat up out of bed, looking very ragged and sleepy. She climbed out of the bed, levitating a manebrush and beginning to brush her mane out. "What's this...about a package from...a professor? And why weren't you all quieter? Some of us like to sleep in..."

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:06 pm

“Askade took the buttertoast, looked at it blearily. "I can't rewire it into a death ray without some extra parts," he said, and took a bite. "Hm. Tastes okay. What's the problem?”

See, now, that’s where I draw the line. Taking toast and turning it into not toast? You ponies are monsters.  Monsters who have yet to open the package your dear Anomie went through so much trouble to hold off on dying to get to you. So ungrateful. It’s okay though, because unlike Anomie, the package will not, in fact, die anytime soon.

On a semi-related note, I do wonder what stories smell like. Mmm… Good stories probably smell like toast. Well, I guess we’ll find out eventually. As soon as you open the package. Which you should do. Soon.

Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Heartstring would only smirk as he shifted a gaze to Mind blaze and shook his head. His horn and his tribal markings lit up as he used his magic to make her coffee, just the way she liked it 3 sugars with cream. "Of course, here you go, 3 sugar's with cream." he stated to her as he mixed in the sugar and cream into the coffee and stirred it with a stirring spoon and levitated it onto the table in front of Mind Blaze.

Of course his attention turned to Gear Head, as he chuckle. "And what pray tell do you think I'm going to do." He would smirk and arch his brow, his ears twitched to the voice of Blood Moon. "Ah, alas finally the vampiress of the night awakens bright and early." He teased as his magic would coat the package and immediately cut it open to reveal its contents and pull it out of the box.
"You've awaken just in time to see what merry trouble, I've just pulled us all into." he would say with gusto in his gentle voice. Heartstring was quite the morning person and was usually always cheerful about things, especially when it came to things that could be turned into a story in someway.

Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Mind Blaze gives a tired and grateful smile to a Heart, drinking deep of the glorious mug. She leans back, reveling in the feeling as her brain begins to move into the territory of 'adequately functional'. After a moment of this revelry, she looks down at the package. "So what's in the box? Weasels?" She says moving away form it instead of closer, trusting Heart to explain and not wanting to get caught in the radius if effect if it was a prank or trap of some sort.
"And thank you for the wonderful coffee." She mentions, almost as an afterthought. She was much more awake now. She still looked like a corpse, but she was more like an undead than an inert cadaver. Her smile became a little more cheerful and less 'I smile because I hope it will convince you to caffeinate me', is generally a good sign.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
Chappy

Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Gear turned his attention briefly to Blood Moon as she woke up. "Now isn't the time for sleeping, Moon. Now is the time for knowlege! Of what the professor sent us, and what could precede the princesses." He exclaimed, somewhat hammily, as he walked next to Heart.

"Well, I hoped you wouldn't burn it. I'm glad to see you're as curious as I." He said to Heart, as he waited to see what was inside the package.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Blood Moon grumbled as she finished working on her mane, getting it all straightened out before she very quickly did her tail. "Heart, I look like a vampire, the local people of Transymaneia think my family consists of vampires but we're not vampires. Though I guess I do try to sleep at least 12 hours a day...." She glanced over at Gear Head, then threw her hairbrush at him. "Good lord you're thick. Go get laid or something, seriously." She glanced over at the package. "Are we really going to trust whoever sent this and ignore classes? Is that really any form of wise?"

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:57 pm

You know, this is being turned into a story right now? Isn't it funny how that works? I think it's funny. I also think that you should be rewarded for opening the package. So, as of this moment, you, Heartstrings, now have ten Cooperative Narrative Points. Everyone clop (That is, the equine equivalent of clapping, before I have to add another tag to this thread...) for your compatriot's success.

Within the package, there were two things, a map and another note. The map, if any of you remembered anything from cartography, (Naturally I encourage those who don’t to take a moment to reflect on their failure) had a big X somewhere in  the middle of the badlands. That’s to the south, again, for those of you who don’t remember anything from cartography. It’s also extremely inhospitable and will probably kill you, but… that’s a bridge to burn another day.

The note warned you to bring a lot of water and food for the journey, should you choose to undertake it.

Oh yeah! Don't confuse those points with points you'd get from competitions like "Who gets to live and who doesn't," Err, I mean, "Toast Eating Contests"

Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:25 pm

He would only smirk and give Blood Moon a wink. "I only jest, still not a bad approach to a wonderful idea...you know, so long as you don't start to sparkle in the sunlight that is. That would be an absolutely terrible idea. I will agree though, it's not in the least bit wise, but! It's the start of the weekend, we don't have class to worry about right now, now! Let us see what trouble we can enjoy..." He would levitate out the map and the note and his sky blue colored eyes would look over the two items. His ears would twitch a moment as he would look toward's Gear and chuckled. He would move the now empty package to the side a moment just to provide space to spread the map out onto the table so everyone could see it.

He'd open the note and read the contents within it advising for them to bring lots of water and food. "Hmmm the likely-hood of this actually being from the Professor is quite low, but then again at the same time, do we have anyone that hates us enough to send us this? And that likely-hood is also quite low as well. This could very well be a trap, but isn't that the whole fun about this? I mean, we can always just stay here for the weekend and bury ourselves in books. Then again..." he clopped his hoof on the ground for a short moment. "I'm probably just looking for any ol' excuse to trot out of here for a short while. Constantly study this, and study that, can be bothersome and I'm not all for that and I want a break from school for at least one weekend. I'm not worried about my grades, not like I'll end up failing out of this school with my track record."

He looked at the X on the map and took consideration into this. "I'm all for it though, heading to the Badlands? Sound's like a great opportunity. Though we have two choices of routes, we can get on the train from Canterlot and take it southward, going around the Everfree Forest, over the Ghastly Gorge and end up in Dodge Junction it would then be a short trip from there. Or we could hoof it and go through rambling rock ridge, might be a bit more dangerous that way." Heartstring would look to his roommates with a playful look gleaming in his eyes. He was excited to go on an adventure, much like the stories he make. "It'd be quite the story to tell and it would be safer if we all went together, we're all quite talented, together I'm certain we can take any mess we come across. So...let's have a fun roommate weekend get-a-way together, we really don't get to do it all that often with how busy class keeps us." he would resort to giving the 'puppy-dog' stare to each of his roommates in hope that would guilt them into coming along.

Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Mind Blaze perches on one of the bunk beds to give a good view of the map while she sips her coffee.
"It certainly *yawn* looks like the professors handwriting. I guess, I mean its not like I study that particular thing." Another sip. "Heart is write, we don;t have any classes and a trip to the badlands will be an excuse to avoid getting dragged into a bar dive by the randoms... I'm all for it. As long as we bring lots of water."
Another sip. She was nearly out of coffee now, and would have to ask Heart to make some more. Heart was good at that. "I like trains. Let's do that."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
Chappy

Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:24 am

Gear narrowly avoided the brush, what with his poor reflexes, and gave a tiny glare to Moon, before returning his attention to the package.

He sighed internally when he saw the professor didn't actually give them anything, instead giving them the means to get the thing referenced in his letter. He wasn't going to waver though; he knew he wanted whatever the professor was talking about; be it an object, or just knowledge.

"I must agree with Blaze. I believe a train would be the best choice. It'd be less dangerous, and that's enough for me to say it's the better option." He piped in after Mind Blaze, not wanting to take the less safe route.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:16 am

Blood Moon smiled at Heart. "Ah, Heartstring, you do brighten up my morning..." She trailed off, moving towards the bookshelf and moving a book with the title My Personal Plague on the spine and took out one of her strange, meat-based treats, bacon. She opened the bag with her magic, and took out a thick piece of bacon, then reaching behind where the book was and taking out a bag of toast. She immediately forgot about her plan to beat Gear like a red-maned step-foal, and ate some bacon and finished off her simple breakfast with toast. She closed both of the bags, placing them back behind where the book was.

"Since it seems I'm not going back to bed today, I guess we need to start packing?"

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:21 am

So like, remember when I said I was obligated to make big, elaborate updates by my honor as a narrator? Yeah. Me too.

Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 4:05 am

Ah the gallant adventures of Heartstring and company has started, well not exactly started, they were still in the beginning stages with conversing about their plan and what route would be best to go, but the destination, yes, the destination was set in their mind. Oh what wonder's they could come across when they finally cross the threshold out of what could legally be called Civilization.

Dangers? Of course there will be dangers, it's the badlands after all, it has bad written in the name, so it must be bad right? Who knows, there might be some good things there after all. Oh! Oh! What if they went there and they found out that the badlands weren't actually as bad as they thought and it was merely just the ponies of old that named it that way because they lacked conveniences like toast. Yes, toast. Maybe it's badlands because of the lack of toast.

Heartstring thought several things all in an instant as he only chuckled at what Blood Moon said and he would retort in a playful manner. "Ah, but of course, tis only right that I brighten the day, but fret not, the moonlight will glow as well." For a male pony, he did have quite the effeminate features, and he was quite tall compared to most other ponies, think of a height between Princess Celestia's height and Princess Luna's height, he would stand between them two in comparison.

In the midst's of his talking, his magic would wrap around Mind Blaze's coffee and take her cup away to refill it and give it back to her. By this point with how often he made coffee for her, he was able to recognize when she was running low. "I'd say we have ourselves a weekend get-a-way to the Badland's then since everypony is on board."

He would glance toward's Blood Moon as she ate her bacon and he only paused for a moment and blinked, by this point he should be use to it by now. "Precisely, the sooner we pack the better, but just like the note stated, we pack plenty to drink and eat. Stuff that wouldn't spoil over time, and make sure we have at least an ample amount of bits, you never know really." He pondered a moment and then glanced over toward's the other two. "Though I'm sure there are other supplies we could take with us. We can't take to much because then it would just be too much. So simple essentials really; food, water, and shelter. Also let's make one thing clear, No. Splitting. Up." He stood tall as if he was making a firm statement on that. "I've read far to many stories where they constantly split up and it never worked out for them. So unless we are forced, No. Splitting. Up."

Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Mind Blaze smiles as Heart takes the coffee and refills it for her. Was that a blush she was feeling? 'Noooo.... Surely not, Heart i just a nice.... stallion.... that makes me coffee..... Shit. No, focus on epic adventure! Focus damn you!' shaking her head to clear it of such thoughts, Mind Blaze sips her coffee gratefully from her perch on the bed before pointing out one potential snag. "Do we have enough money to buy supplies for all of us? I am rather broke, not sure about the rest of you."
Money was awesome! A shame Blaze never seemed to have any. She had a day job, and didn't buy much, yet she was alwasy out, for reasons she herself did not understand. It was most vexing.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
Chappy

Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 12:23 am

Gear was pleased everyone agreed to go on this venture. Mostly because he was determined to go on it, alone or otherwise, but afraid of any obstacles. So he was mostly pleased there would be others to clear the obstacles for him.

"Yes. Supplies. I'll, uh, allow the rest of you to take care of their purchase." He said, quickly. He didn't have any money, as his one talent, robotics, proved to not be a profitable one. Especially given that he had made one creation, and had no intentions of selling it. Mostly because he scrapped it because it was generally useless.

Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:34 am

Riiight... that's neat.

Are you waiting for me, or something? Because I don't really have much to say here, y'know? You're in your room, talking. Not much to narrate there.  Ten cooperative narrative points to the flamboyant one for remembering the number one rule of life; never split the party.

Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:53 am

Heartstring took a moment to look at his companions and then thought a little more properly as he lifted a hoof and then rubbed his chin. "Well it seems we have limited means in the ways of funds." He'd eyed Blood Moon a moment and thought about her family and took that into consideration as she would, given everyone's history that he knew would be fairly obvious due to being roommates and all, be the most likely candidate to have the most funds.

One spends his stuff on his work, the other mysteriously winds up broke nine times out of ten. "Well we can do what we can with the little that we have. Mainly our concern is having food and water, especially if we are to head to the Badlands. I'm not entirely familiar, but from what I am aware of that place is practically a desert. Water is going to be extremely important. We could last a while on a low supply of food, but we have to be careful with how we manage it."

He gave a nod to his head and he'd smirk. "For now let us pack. Remember to pack light, and have room for when we load up on supplies. For now at least we can gather a little bit of supplies here. I have plenty of water battles from my last performance with my club." Heartstring was totally abusing his club president privileges. "We can also grab some food for the road. At least enough to last us until Dodge Junction and then we can resupply there. How does that sound?"

Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Mind blaze continues drinking the wonderful coffee that the wonderful Hear- 'No. Bad mare. Focus. Water. Desert. Thingy. Focus....'
Shaking her head clear, Blaze takes another sip of her coffee. "We should research foods that keep well in intense heat. There is a library, and I am certain there are at least five different books on how to pack for a desert expedition. If not, we can go to a book store... We'll likely have to leave most of such books behind, or cobble together some method of either shrinking or lightening the load. I do suggest we bring at least one of them with us on the trip. Preferably from the bookstore, on the off chance it gets damaged I'd rather it be a copy we own." Another sip. "Though with our lack of funds, such things are likely no more than idle fantasies. Ignore me if I say something unreasonable, by all means." Another sip. The coffee cup was empty, but that was just fine. blaze had had enough for the day, and set the mug in the kitchen were they would (hopefully/maybe/probably/not really) get around to washing it later.
Blaze notes woth silent approval Heart's abuse of club privileges. That's what clubs were for, after all.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
Chappy

Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Gear was silent for a moment as he considered what supplies he specifically had for a situation like the one they were going in. He then grabbed a box of his supplies-both for his "job", and otherwise- that he kept under his bed. Factoring out his tools, his notes, and the scrap from his last machine, he found that, for the trip, he had a single water bottle. Unopened, yes, but still just one. He put it next to him as he put away his box.

He heard Blaze's idea, and thought about it for a moment. "Well, maybe we should focus on other things. The means instead of the knowledge, so to speak." He said in response. Truth be told, he knew nothing about survining in the badlands, but he figured with him and his companions collective knowledge, they should do fine.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:30 am

Go forth and multiply, word count! Yes, this is me saying you're free to continue the story.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:43 am

Blood Moon had nodded off in the middle of all of this, happily snoozing away while her roommates talked. She shook her head, waking herself up again and looking around. "Someone said money. I swear someone did. Do you need money? I have money. I have....about..." She levitated her checkbook over to herself, flipping it open and looking through it. "600,000 bits spending money that isn't in savings...would that be good?"

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game B) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blissfully Ignorant (Game B)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next