OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharp

Sharp

Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Empty
PostSubject: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:04 am

It has been brought to my attention that some of you believe my narration about the merits of toast to have been a rant. To you, I say but one thing: NO TOAST FOR YOU.

And, of course, by “but one thing” I meant I’m going to continue to talk at you. Naturally. Anyways, I feel as though I should probably refresh your memory as to what your relationship with Professor Anomie is. In various points of your differently varying lives, Anomie has become a sort of father figure for you at the Canterlot School For Gifted Unicorns. If you have, in fact, forgotten this... you are encouraged to take a moment to reflect on your failure. Congratulations.

Right, at this point the majority of you, I say majority because some of you have, as I previously mentioned, been denied your toast, are consuming toast and reading a note from Anomie. I would also like to take this time to remind you that you WILL open that package. Your reasons are your own, but, as of this moment, the universal bylaws of universalness require you to open it. Do not be the first pony to find out what happens when you break a universal bylaw of universalness.

Oh yeah, you all live together in a fairly large dorm room. Plenty of bunk beds all around, and you all occupy them. The layout is as follows: Two bunk beds, one on each side of the room. The back wall is a bookshelf, full of books, and in the center of the room there is a rug, atop the rug there is a table. The door is in the center of the only wall not mentioned previously. You know, in case you somehow forgot the layout of the room you've lived in for like 9ever.

Warm, sunny Saturday morning. What do?

The note, in case you forgot. You are, once again, encouraged to take a moment to reflect on your failure if you did.:

Last edited by Sharp on Fri May 15, 2015 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:31 am

Sacred Knowledge read the note from Anomie carefully, tilting her head a little to the side. She put the note down on the table in the middle of the room for the others to see as she looked at the package. She tapped a hoof against her muzzle as she thought about what could cause Anomie so much grief. She looked down at her little communicator strapped to her left hoof for a moment before lighting her horn up and slid her magic across the little device for a few moments. A half a second later a mare's voice came out of the device. "Hey guys. What do you think of the note." Of course, it was probably said as a question and not a statement, but they couldn't be too sure.

She paused for a single moment to grumble at the fact she didn't have toast at all. She should get some later. She used her magic to slid over her device again. "Do any of you have any extra toast. I'm a tad bit hungry." Now it was obvious that that first sentence was suppose to be a question. "You know what. Nevermind. More important things to do." She shook her head a little and grabbed the package in her magic and floated it over to her. She then proceed to open the package and look inside it for the apparent information the professor had said he put in there.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Sena hadn't been at the door when Sacred opened it and so she'd missed the initial glance at the letter, but the presence of the box on the table drew her purple eyes with their yellow outline. Sena's horn lit up after Sacred had finished with the note and she levitated it over to herself to read over while munching on her own piece of toast. "Wah, what the, I- I don't know what to think," Sena responded to Sacred first question, her face a twisted mix of confusion as she looked back over to Sacred as she opened the box. Curiosity drew her closer and Sena peered over Sacred's shoulder to see what was could be inside. The note was just loosely held in her magical graps, free for anyone to take and read over themselves.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:11 am

Dawn. Morning. Day. There were a million and one ways to describe it, but the one Ciergey chose at that moment was torture.

"I hate mornings," she groaned. Wearily, she inched her way over to the edge of her bunk bed, and realised one second too late that she'd moved just a little too far. Her subsequent fall and collapse on the floor beside her bed was punctuated by a surprised yelp. The ground wasn't as inviting today as it was most days. She'd forgotten to put the floormat there, it would seem.

"Help," she said weakly. She was rewarded for her efforts with a set of talons on the side of her face. She jerked her head upright, sending her snow petrel agitatedly flying off her cheek. "Kaien, don't do that. I don't need mess myself up any more than I already did, I have to get ready for sch..."

Wait a minute.

"Planner," she said to her petrel. The bird stopped its agitated flapping immediately and swooped off to her bag. It was lying beside her bed. Ducking its head into the bag, it poked around for a little bit before drawing its head out and returning to Cier, a little felt book in its beak. Cier opened the book and began flipping.

"Saturday," she remarked impassively, to no one in particular. She lay there for a little while longer, staring blankly at nothing, and then all of a sudden she sprang to her hooves. "Mornin', everypony!" she said cheerfully. "What was that about a note? Kaien, fetch!"

Once again came the flapping of wings as the petrel took off. Cier trotted over to the table with a spring in her step, taking a few moments to realise that Sena and Sacred were reading the note too. "Oh wait, no! Kaien, don't fetch! Stop! Cancel order! Control alternate delete!"

The bird somehow screeched to a halt in midair, swooping around and nestling itself in Cier's mane. "That's more like it. So, what's the note say?" She waited a few moments for the note to free itself up from being read before reaching her own telekinetic grip out and floating it over to her.

"... huh. Thought Anomie never liked to work over the weekend." She tossed the note up into the air and whistled, letting her bird spring into action and grab it. She pointed towards the last of her dormmates, Dust, and the note was shortly flown over to her and deposited beside her pillow.

She jabbed a hoof at the package. "So, when are we going to open tha..." She then noticed that Sacred was already opening it. "Never mind. So, what's in it?"

Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Dust scanned through the note, frowning when she finished it. She had woken up hours beforehand, but had laid in her bed, unable to sleep. She was never a heavy sleeper.

She soon climbed down carefully from her bed, approaching the package as well. "I'm never one for unanswered questions..." she mused.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 3:49 pm

"The subtext of that acid pit is acid. The content of the pit is also acid. I'll let you fully absorb it."

"Remember, these exhibits ARE interactive. Like a children's museum. So that means the pits of acid are filled with REAL acid. Like at a WELL FUNDED children's museum."

You know, it could be worse. I could, instead of being a toast-loving narrator, be an acid-loving narrator. Maybe I am an acid loving narrator. Maybe that package is actually a bomb. An acid bomb. But you wouldn’t know that, would you? You’re still sitting around… doing things that aren’t opening the package, and forcing me to make this update so small. Shame be unto you, ponies. Shame be unto you.

I guess it’s not all bad. The package won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. It is, like toast, willing to wait forever… But you shouldn’t make it wait forever. That would be rude. Anomie put off dying to get you this package, and you’re ignoring it. Tsk tsk tsk, so selfish.

Disclaimer: State and local statutory regulations require me to warn you that should that package in fact be an acid bomb, you will die. Have a nice day. A nice, package opening, life changing day.

….At least, that’s what the update said BEFORE I realized one of you beautiful equines opened said package, unlike SOME PONIES. Right… onto your regularly scheduled plot device.

Within the package, there were two things, a map and another note. The map, if any of you remembered anything from cartography, (Naturally I encourage those who don’t to take a moment to reflect on their failure) had a big X somewhere in  the middle of the badlands. That’s to the south, again, for those of you who don’t remember anything from cartography. It’s also extremely inhospitable and will probably kill you, but… that’s a bridge to burn another day.

The note warned you to bring a lot of water and food for the journey, should you choose to undertake it.

Heh… You didn’t think it’d be that easy, would you? Just open a package some old dude sent you and poof, life changing event? Nope.

Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Sacred winced a bit when Ciergey fell on the ground. that sure looked painful. She turned her attention back tot he packet and looked inside again. She floated out the two things in the packet and put them on the table with what they were held in. She took the map and looked it over for a few moments, frowning. She put her map down and shook her head silently. Her magic swept over her communicator just like before. "The badlands. He had to put it in the badlands. Why." She took a deep breath in and let it out slowly. She took the note and read it over for a few minutes before putting it down on the table with the map and walking over to her bed.

She she used her magic to lift up the saddlebags that were at the foot of her bed and opened it. She then proceeded to dump out it's contents onto the floor. Now with papers and books on the ground and an empty saddlebag, she strapped the saddlebags onto her back and used her magic to clean up the paper and put it on her bed for later. She then turned to her roommates and smiled at them, her magic once more going to her communicator. "So. Who wants to go on an adventure to the badlands. We're gonna need to go get lots of food and lots of water."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Since it hadn't been said, and no one had done it yet, Sena went over to Ciergey to help her up after her little glance into the box Sacred opened. That wasn't to say she wasn't curious about the contents, she just didn't see the rush to really review them in detail. Sacred's next statement however drew her attention right back as she looked over at the map herself, and gave the note a quick glance. When Sacred emptied her saddlebag, she'd been confused at first, cocking her head to the side as she wondered what the mute mare was doing, but the open proposition towards an adventure explained it easy enough, she was making space for travel supplies.

"I think I'd like to go," Sena said with a hesitant smile before walking over to her bunk and grabbing up her own saddlebags in her telekinetic grasp. The thin, whitish coating of magic over the pack simply opened it and removed the papers and books that had been inside rather than dump them on the floor, placing the pieces on her bed before placing the saddlebags on her back and making sure the straps were on. It was no secret she'd forgotten them before and when the need to run to a class appeared, she'd lost them in something akin to an explosion of papers and books. Sena looked towards the map then, waiting for everyone who wanted a look at it, to have their look before trying to levitate it into her pack.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:09 am

Ciergey watched Sacred and Sena unpack their bags with raised eyebrows. "Um, yeah, well, I hate to be a killjoy, but before you get yourselves killed I should probably just sum up the situation, yeah?" She pointed at the package. "We just got something in the mail, which we think is from Anomie, with a cryptic message and a cryptic map. The map has a cross in the middle of the Badlands. And you both want to leave to go there, without, might I add, any knowledge of what we're even going to find. Going alone, just us four students, and also we're going to miss school. At least that last one won't matter so much if we, you know, don't come back. Which is one good thing, at least."

She took a deep breath. "So, yeah. Are we all on the same boat? And does anypony else have any objections?" She waited for a little while, and then telekinetically reached out to her own bag, upending it on the bed and letting everything fall out. "Yeah, I'm not going to be the one to have to explain where all of you went. 'Oh, yeah, we got a package from Professor Anomie, it had this weird map in it and all that, they went off to the Badla... what do you mean, Professor Anomie never sent a package?'." Ciergey started to put a few things back into her now empty bag: her planner, a few other books, and pens. "What about we go and see Anomie first? Get this whole thing sorted out. We'll also need to collect some supplies. Y'know, like food and water. And books, in case we get bored. Maybe some board games? And marshmellows for the inevitable campfire. Tents! We need that too."

Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:50 am

Dust frowned. "I don't have any objections, but it's ultimately up to you guys. I'm not a very good decision-maker." She pauses. "You guys could talk with Anomie while I get supplies." Dust had always been a bit awkward around him, despite his fatherly nature. "As much as I would love to see him, I don't know how much time we have..." She sighs. "I could go get supplies now, if we are going. It might take a bit to be able to see him, anyway. He might be asleep right now."

She approaches Ciergey. "Do you think you're gonna get any bruises? I can fix them."
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:52 am

Well then, go ahead, what are you waiting for? Ponies these days... so entitled.

Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:09 am

Sacred took a moment to stare at Ciergey as she summed up their situation. Her magic went down the her communicator as it did the previous times. "Stop killing joy. You're no fun." She then grinned and went through the motions that one would do when they laughed, but of course no sound came out. She took in a deep breath and let it out as she shook her head. She then looked at Dust for a moment and nodded. "Yeah. That sounds good." She trotted over to the door and opened it when she got close. "Well let's go see the dear professor." She then paused a moment. Her magic quickly went over to the first note and she grabbed it in her magic. She then proceeded to put it in her saddlebags as she trotted out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:13 am

Sena took a moment to really think over Ciergey's words, and they weighed heavily upon her mind, but then she looked back with a confident smile and nodded. "Yeah, I have no objections to going," she said before moving to follow after Sacred. "I'm sure we'll be fine," Sena went on with a reassuring grin.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:45 am

Ciergey sighed, levitating her saddlebags into the air and dropping it onto her back. "Well, if you say so. Sure we don't want to raise our insurance before we go?" She followed Sacred and Sena out of the room, her snow petrel flying little circles around her head before finally coming to a stop and nestling in her mane as it had earlier. "Because insurance sounds like a really good idea right now. Or maybe some private guards."

Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Dust's frown deepened. "Guess not..."

Following the three, she paused. "Well... Tell me how it goes, guys. I'm going to head to the general store and get as much supplies as I can carry. Sound good?" She sighs. "Wonder if we'll split the bill," she mutters under her breath.

Turning towards the direction of the general store, she waited for their responses.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:08 pm

I actually kinda felt bad for how short that last update was... but then I remembered a certain pony's disposition towards my toastly praising, and I got over it. Blasphemous Equines are why we can't have nice things, my little ponies. You know who you are.

As you all probably know, Anomie's office was on the top floor of the school, where all of the important ponies had their offices. Your dorms are on the first floor. Wow. I just realized something... They totally think you're not important. You'll show them, right? Combustible lemons, anypony?  Anyhow, the trek to the top floor would be pretty exhausting, as you'd have to travel several flights of stairs to navigate to the correct room.

Also, the closest general store is in the same direction of your bookshelf, so, Dust is totally just staring at a wall.

Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Sacred paused and looked at Dust. Her magic went over to her bed and she floated over her bag of bits. She then floated out a fair amount of bits out of the bag and over to Dust. She then proceeded to close her bag of bits and toss it back on her bed. She then smiled at Dust for a moment. "My part of the bill payed." She shrugged a little as she turned towards the stairs up to Anomie's office. She took a deep breath in and let it out. Oh how she hated climbing up these stairs. If only she had been born a pegasus...She shook her head and began climbing up the stairs. When she finally got to the top floor she was panting. She shook herself a little and looked back at roommates for a moment. She then proceeded to trot to Anomie's office.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Sena paused for a moment in the hall and took a look towards Sacred and Ciergey, and then towards Dust. "Actually, I think I will go with Dust. Three of us don't need to go see the professor, and it'd be hard for one of us to carry back all the supplies by their self," Sena said before turning about and waiting for Dust to exit so that she could walk with the other pony to the store.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:19 am

Ciergey looked at Sacred, and then at Sena and Dust. "Um... should I... I think I'll just follow Sacred, yeah? Not sure I'll be of much help with shopping. Here's my share though!" She reached into her saddlebags and pulled out a little coin pouch, floating it over to Dusk. "That's everything I have, not that much but I hope it's enough." She smiled. "Oh, yeah, before I leave. One more thing. Grocery list!" She pulled out a book from a bag, levitating the pen over it and scribbling away in barely legible handwriting. As soon as she had finished, she ripped the page out of the book and floated it over to Dusk as well. "Here ya go! And good luck, have fun, all that y'know?" With that, she followed Sacred off to the office.

Scribbled Note:

Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Dust smiled, glancing over at Sena. "Alright," she said, exiting as well. The two began to make their way down the corridor, Dust scanning through the list as she did. "She has my hoofwriting," she said with a wry smirk.

"Is there anything you want to talk about, Sena?"
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:46 am

Oh uhh... that's embarrassing.  It seems that in all my glorious narrative narrations, this small and insignificant tale has slipped through the cracks and gone ingloriously not so. By the name of Toast, I shall rectify this situation at once. Did you know the omnipotent could forget? I didn't. Huh.

Dust and Sena made their way to a general store, naturally, because of the linear nature of time... they're not there yet. They are, however just outside of their school. The closest general store lies about one post cycle away, to the south.

Sacred and Ciergey would be met with the sight of Headmistress Ardent Vehemence at Anomie's door, the mare looked rather... melancholy. Ardent's color-scheme, for those of you particularly inclined to know such things about those you interact with, is as follows: Her coat is Periwinkle, her mane is Iris blue, and her eyes are of a shade of blue known as 'Phthalo'.  Headmistress Vehemence had a reputation for being strict, cold even. For her to appear anything other than the stoic mare she had always displayed... Someone probably died. Are lightbulbs shining yet, little ponies? They better be.

Ardent Vehemence had yet to notice the two students who had walked up to her. She was, in fact, sitting in front of Anomie's office, as if debating whether or not she should go inside.

Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:52 am

"Headmistress." Ciergey approached her slowly, carefully. Even she, oblivious as she often was, could sense the tension and the unhappiness in the air. "Are you alright? Is everything okay? You seem..." she struggled to find an appropriate word. "... troubled." Her petrel, earlier dancing around on her shoulder, was now perched perfectly still, as if it too was aware of the mood. "Why are you sitting outside Professor Anomie's door?"

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 am

Sacred followed behind Ciergey as she walked over to Ardent. She frowned as she looked at the headmaster. She glanced at the door to the professor's office then back at the mare. Her magic went over her communicator. "I think sad would be better than troubled in this case. Did something happen to the professor." She raised an eyebrow while frowning. That couldn't be right. Sure nothing happened to the professor...or maybe something did...Ardent was never one to seem to show much emotion besides strict and cold.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 am

Sena shared the chuckle from Dust's joke about the note, and then walked along silently until Dust posed her question. Sena thought about it for a while, before just looking over at Dust curiously. "Well, we've been sharing that dorm room for a while, but I don't think I've really gotten the chance to know about you," she started. She looked ahead again before continuing, "you have parents right? What are they like?"
Back to top Go down
Cynicalwhovian

Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Dust paused for a few seconds. "They were... interesting. They didn't really want me practicing magic at all. They thought I would hurt myself." She sighs. "I can understand that, but they didn't even try to teach me proper safety techniques." Her wry smile returns again. "There's a reason I spent so much time in the Canterlot library. I don't think I'd have my cutie mark by now if I didn't."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Blissfully Ignorant (Game A) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next