OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:57 am

Off in the Everfree forest, there are forgotten and unexplored places from the ye olden times. Only a few have ever been brave enough to go in and explore around to find them. If any of them have found anything, none of them has survived to tell their story about it. Some ponies who have contemplated going out there and exploring, have said there a rich treasures to be found or forgotten knowledge to be had and maybe even others things to be found.

A flier had gone up all over Equestria as of late, asking for adventures to come explore the Everfree. It said to meet a thestral that would be sitting in the corner of the bar in the town of Ponyville. It said whatever they found would be theirs to keep if they really wanted. The reason for the fliers being put up? Pure curiosity and a need for adventure. The pony didn't care who came with, if anyone. They just wanted to find adventure and was asking if others wanted to come with. A day was to begin and new thrills were to be had.

The afternoon sun hung lazily in the air as all was quiet in the peaceful town of Ponyville. Only a few ponies came in and out of the bar since most ponies came during the night time. In one of the corners of the bar sat a lone gray thestral stallion, drinking something out from a mug in his hands. He had on just a lunar guard chestplate and sunglasses. His black mane hung down short in front of his face as he waited calmly for ponies to approach him.

Last edited by Star Sentinel on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Dressed in a long black coat, a dark shirt and pants, and a pair of heavy combat boots, the stallion pulling his wagon was a far sight from the often colourful ponies of his race. He raised a hand to shield his eyes as he looked up to the sky, before glancing at the mare who lounged in the cart he pulled.

Wearing a dress that seemed to have come from several eras previous, she was beautiful in the truest sense of the word, graceful despite her position in the cart. She snorted at the stallion ans he nodded. "Quite... I reckon we could find some adventure in this town."

Leaving the cart outside the bar, the duo stepped into the bar. The stallion held a flyer in one hand and looked around, before spotting the thestral and walking over, the mare following him silently.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:25 pm

The thestral looked over at the door as a pair of ponies came in and walked over to him. He put down his mug on the table and smiled at the two. "Well hello there. I'm guessing you two are here because of the flyer." He said, his eyes falling on said flyer in the stallion's had. He sat back in his seat a little and eyed the two for a few moments. He had to question why the mare would wear a dress into the Everfree, but he didn't say so verbally. He grabbed his mug and drank whatever was left in it before standing up and fixing his clothing so they were straight. "Alright then. I'm Star Sentinel. Pleasure to meet you both." He stick his hand out to the both of them. "You two can get something to drink before we head out into the Everfree if you want."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:01 pm

The stallion nodded at his question, placing the flyer on the table and pulling the chair out for the mare. She sat down silently, glancing at tje stallion, who chuckled and sat down next to her. "Shadow," the stallion said, shaking his hand. "And this is Lady Anja." He gestured to the mare, who merely nodded her head once. "Do you mind if I rest here for a moment. It was a lomg walk here."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Star's eyes widened slightly when Shadow said Lady Anja's name. "A lady huh?" He bowed a little to her before looking back at Shadow. "Hmm...I'd imagine it was a long walk here. Sure, go ahead and rest up. I'll get you both something to drink." He walked over to the bartender and ordered three mugs of apple cider. He then carefully took the mugs back to the table Shadow and Anja were sitting at and placed it down on the table. He then sat down in his seat and took one of the mugs before drinking from it.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 am

Shadow stretched out as he waited for Star to fetch their drinks, before smiling at Anja. She returned his gaze and he snorted. "Oh hush. This will be plenty fun. And you have no right to complain, I did all the walking." When Star returned, Shadow took the cup gratefully and sipped it gently. Anja examined the cup for a moment before picking it up and drinking it as slowly as Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 am

Star drank his apple cider calmly while eyeing the pair for a little bit. He put his mug down and sat back in his seat thinking quietly to himself about the pair. "Hmm...Not to be rude or anything...but is she mute?" He asked, raising an eyebrow while tilting his head to the side a bit. He was genuinely curious about her. Since the pair had came up to him it was only Shadow who talked, making him even more curious about the quiet mare. He glanced around a little bit at the few ponies who were in the bar at the moment.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:23 am

Anja snorted and shook her head. "Hardly, I just do not speak often," Anja smiled gently. Shadow chuckled, and raised an eyebrow at her, to which she responded with another snort.

"I must congratulate you," he said, drinking some more of his cider. "You managed to get her to speak, a rare thing indeed. As she said, she is not mute, just very quiet. I've been around her long enough to read her body language well... very well in fact."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Star turned to face Anja when she talked, smiling a bit. He then looked at Shadow as he congratulated him. "Well then. I must be special or something." He gave a little chuckle and a small shake of his head. "You two know each other rather well. Mind if I ask how long you've known each other?" He tilted his head to the side, while his smile stayed the same, warm and friendly. He probably shouldn't be asking such questions, but he usually liked to know more about the ponies that he'd be working with. It was just something he made a habit of since his foalhood.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 am

Anja blinked at the question, as if considering it for the first time. Shadow chuckled however and smiled to himself. "I would say it has been about eight years... Yes, eight years since we first met." He was as warm as Star, and seemed content to answer his questions. Anja seemed to be surprised by the answer, but she said nothing and her expression quickly returned to normal.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 4:41 am

"Eight years huh? That is quite a long time..." Star's smile faulted just for a moment as he looked down at his mug. He quickly put a smile back on and looked at the pair. He tilted his head to the side a little when he saw Anja's surprise to the answer but didn't say anything as he rubbed his muzzle with a hand. He was trying to think of what else to ask the pair before his eyes landed on the flyer that Shadow had put on the table when he sat down. His eyes went back up to the pair. "So, why'd ya two want to come with me to the Everfree anyway? It's quite dangerous after all. I can't name anypony I know that would come with me to that Luna damned forest."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:34 am

"Yeah, I guess it is, isn't it?" Shadow asked rhetorically, having caught Anja's surprise as well, but he didn't make a comment on it. He also noticed Star's faltering smile, but he simply continued to smile. Turning his gaze to the flyer, and to Star's question, Shadow shrugged. "Eh... it seemed li-"

"It has been a while since I have spoken to the trees... and it is not that dangerous really." Anja spoke up, sipping her cider.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 am

Star blinked at Anja for a moment, staring at her. "Spoke to the trees...? Never heard of a pony who can speak to trees before." He commented, tapping a finger against his muzzle. "Now...I'd beg to differ on that statement of it not being that dangerous. There's plenty of things in the Everfree that can get a pony. For example timberwolves, cockatrices, manticores, cragadiles...Err...poison joke...Thought that wouldn't really get a pony. It's just a pain to get rid of the effects of it." He muttered that last bit about poison joke as he tried to think of more dangers of the Everfree off the top of his head. He then shrugged and looked at Anja. "But uh...yeah. I'd hardly say the Everfree was not really dangerous."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:02 am

"Yes, speak to the trees. And perhaps I should have said that it is not dangerous for an elf." Anja didn't smile at this, but she did nod. "I must say, poison joke is a great fun indeed. Wouldn't you say Shadow?"

"Yes... fun... so much fun." He replied dryly, and she booped his snout. He sniffled and she shot him a smile, that Star would not see.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 am

"An elf." Star repeated Anja, thinking about the word for a bit. He blink at Shadow, smiling a bit. He figured the stallion had a run in with poison joke before. He watched Anja boop Shadow, his smile turning into a sad one for a millisecond as he looked down at the table before looking back up at the two of them. "You know...You two remind me of me and my friend...Sweet mare." He then shook his head a little bit. "Anyway, mind if I ask why wouldn't it not be dangerous for an elf to be in the Everfree?" He raised an eyebrow, drinking more of his cider.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:55 am

"Yes, I am of elvish decent. A lady of the elven ponies... at one point." Anja said quietly. Shadow sighed and returned her action, booping her snout gently. "You still are a lady in my mind Anja."

Shadow smiled at Star, before raising an eyebrow. "Who is she?" He asked, before glancing at Anja. "I'll let her answer that..."

"Well, I say it would not be dangerous for an elf, because most elves are fast and strong enough to contend with the beasts in the forest. I on the other hand have my own methods."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:19 am

"At one point?" Star asked, raising an eyebrow. He then smiled at Shadow sadly. "Not is...was." Star corrected him, shaking his head a little. "Her name was Sweet Heart, ironically." He answered, sitting back a little as his mind wandered to old memories. He did, however, continue to listen to Anja as she explained how an elf wouldn't be in much danger. "Own methods huh? And what methods are those?" He glanced down at his cider for a moment before drinking whatever was left in the mug and setting it off to the side.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:25 am

"I was... dethroned. If not for Shadow, I woupd be quite dead... and I am sorry for your loss." Anja sounded genuine. "Do you have a photo of her?" She asked quietly.

"And... they are these methods," she murmured, gesturing to his glass, which to him would turn into a cobra.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:45 am

"Yikes...Well glad you're not dead then, eh? Death is always a scary thing." Star said, tapping his finger against the table quietly. "And I didn't see her die..." He said, just barely above a whisper. He shook his head a little. "No I don't have a photo of her. Photos were...hard for foals to get during my foalhood. But the memories of her still live on in my mind and that's all that counts. As long as someone remembers you, you will always live." He smiled at the two of them.

He then raised an eyebrow when Anja gestured to the mug he just set aside. He looked over at it and almost immediately jumped out of his seat. His jumping however didn't quite mean he landed on his feet. He instead landed on his back, holding his head a little. A few of the ponies in the bar turned to see what was going it. Star lifted his head off the ground and stared at Anja. "Your methods are turning cups into snakes?!" He groaned letting his head fall back to the floor. "I should have grabbed my helmet for today..."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 am

Anja was quiet as he spoke about his lost love, before nodding. "That is true..." She snorted at his reaction, but offered him a hand up, the snake curling up her other arm before vanishing and reappearing as a mug on the table, exactly where he had left it. "Tell me, what do you think just happened here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:36 am

Star took her hand and pulled himself up, dusting himself off. He looked at the mug then at Anja. "What do I think just happened? Well it looked like you turned my mug into a snake and then poofed it back into a mug where it was place down." He said, sitting back down in his seat. He eye the cup warily, poking it with a finger as if making sure it was just a regular mug. He then shook his head and turned back to Anja. "But that was what I think and I'm not one for magic, so tell me what happened?" He raised an eyebrow, sitting back in his seat and crossing his arms over his chest.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:12 am

Anja didn't really pull him up so much as merely provide him with a lever to do so. "A shame that you do no understand what occurred. I will not tell you what actually happened, it is something you must deduce for yourself. Otherwise, why would I even bother having this power?" She smiled calmly as he poked his mug, the cup gibing no sign of its earlier snakeness. She sat back down across from him and Shadow snorted. "Sorry Star, but she is rather adamant about this. Took me several years to work it out, but then, I have always been a bit slow regarding puzzles."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:34 am

Star tapped his foot against the ground a bit, eyeing Anja. "I have to figure it out myself? Well that stinks." He said, smiling just a little bit. "Eh, I'll figure it out eventually...maybe. It takes me a long while to solve puzzles." He gave a little shrug, eyeing the mug for a few more moments. He made a little reminder in his head to go find books about elves when he got back here after the Everfree adventure. "So Shadow, you rested up enough yet to get this adventure started?" He asked, his eyes going up to look at the stallion in question.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:56 am

"Yes, you do," Anja said, and seemed to go quiet again, having said her piece. Shadow chuckled at Star's expression.

"Don't worry Buddy, it's worth the brainpower you put into it." In response to his question, Shadow nodded and stood up, offering a hand to Anja, who took it. "Yes, I am. I assume you shall lead the way?" He asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:04 am

"I'm sure it is." Star said to Shadow in response to using his brain power. He stood up when Shadow did, smiling at the pair. "Do I? I was never one for leading." He shook his head and chuckled a little. "Joke aside, of course I'm leading. I don't suppose the two of you have any knowledge of where some ruins might even remotely be, do you? I'd hate for use to spend the whole time wandering aimlessly around and not finding a single thing." He fixed his chestplate and the belt around his waist that help his short sword. He then smiled brightly at the two before walking out the front door of the bar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)   Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stars Above, Shadows Below (Private)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next