OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

To restore or forsake the past (Game A)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 1:47 am

Griff, Sharp, Shadow, and Anja:
The filly's tear stricken eyes looked up towards Shadow when he made his offer, and nodded hesitantly before climbing up onto his back and instructing him on to the city gates. The filly's expression turned confused when Sharp asked her question and she pondered for a moment. "I- I don't know," she responded hesitantly, "a little more than me?" As the group passed through the gate, the gently rolling landscape of smooth hills slowly turned more steep a short ways away and to the right. Beyond them were a few mountains and surrounding the mountains was the foreboding forest in it's ominous glory. "It's a bit farther that way," the filly said from Shadow's back while pointing in the direction of the mountains.

Oeilde and Bloodstone:
Back in the tavern, what became of Atom would remain unknown as chaos erupted in the building. The shadow was not just the breaking point, but well beyond it for the already panicky tavern folk. Screams erupted from the crowd as the demonic looking visage appeared on the back wall and the crowd suddenly surged forward in a desperate attempt to get out of the building and away from all the terrifying things that had suddenly invaded their otherwise quiet and ordinary day. Some went for windows, and fewer still bothered opening them before trying to go through them, but the majority of the crowd surged towards the front door.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:57 am

Sharp rolled her eyes at the filly’s imprecise answer. “Of course she doesn’t know, she’s a filly, and you’re, an idiot.” she chastised herself. Her horn then lit up, covering the filly in her white telekinetic aura and keeping her airborne for a few seconds before gently returning her to her place on top of Shadow. “Huh. Good to know.” She mused. A little after the group passed through the gate, Sharp glanced towards the mountains, a shiver going down her spine at the sight of the forest. “It’s hard to believe something like that nearly ended the world…” she wistfully mumbled, shaking her head.

The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:36 am

Shadow knelt down and let the young filly onto his back, making sure she was secure before moving onwards. Saying nothing as Sharp picked her up, he paused, steadying her on his back again. He began to move with a quicker pace as they moved through the city gates, Anja keeping pace alongside him.

Looking up at the mountains, Shadow let out a low whistle, before nodding to filly on his back and glancing at Sharp, before moving towards the mountains. Anja however paused at Sharp's murmur. "Those trees... are so very angry," she whispered to herself before catching up with Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Griff watched as the filly was placed onto Shadow's back before following them silently and looking down at the ground again, however, his ears were perked up and on constant alert. He wanted to look as innocent as he can and pose the least threat to anyone who would look at him.

When they passed the gate, Griff briefly looked up at the gorgeous view of the mountains ahead, the deadly forests surrounding them. He listened to what the group had to say before adding something to the conversation himself. "Aye. I almost wish I lived back in the day where forests weren't so deadly.." he murmured and a small smile appeared on his face.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Bloodstone focused his magic into his horn. If you're going to use darkness, I'll use light. He started to charge a light spell, but was forced to move out of the way of the crowd of stampeding ponies first. He focused his strength into his legs again, using a very powerful jump to move to the side of the doorway, and turning his attention back to the monster at hoof. He sheathed the knife back into the spot in his rib cage and let loose an orb of bright light at the massive shadow demon. He would charge up another orb, firing it off before stopping to charge an even larger orb. He was going to make the area bright enough that the shadows couldn't be seen.

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 am

Oh this little pony would be brilliant if he wanted like I. the shadow demon thought, releasing his grasp on much of the shadows in the room, like those formed into the demon on the way. They had done their duty. They did absolutely lovely in acting out his bidding. And now it was time to leave.
The little pile of shadow that had stayed wrapped around Oeilde's prize surged away from its spot, latching on to the shadow of the nearest stampeding pony and simply keeping up with them, whistle held in his ever so tenuously-solid grasp. Just one short little stint away from the crazy psycho Derelicta pony, and he'd be free.

Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 am

Sharp, Shadow, Anja, Griff: The filly 'eeped' a little when seized with magic, but didn't fully scream because of how brief the interaction was. As the group pressed onward, the land became slightly more hilly and the filly shortly after pointed towards the mountains. "We were playing over there," she said nervously, "just over this hill." Sure enough, after ascending the hill, all could see the rough and large hole in the ground at the base of the hill.

Oeidle and Bloodstone: The panicky tavern patrons were filing out of the establishment in a hurry, most with their backs to the bright orbs of light that were being spawned. The Tavern owner hadn't been so luck what with the bar itself in the way of his retreat and so was stuck there while crying out, "my eyes!"

Now outside, some of the villagers rushed straight home, while a few others turned back to look at the tavern and watch what happened next.

Last edited by Zen on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:27 am

Sharp passed the travel time relatively silently, lost in whatever train her mind decided to board as the group pressed onward. The slightly hilly terrain shift was a bit of an inconvenience for her less-than-stellar athleticism, but, nothing the mare couldn't handle. Ascending the hill itself did leave Sharp slightly out of breath, however, and when they did finally arrive at their destination, she broke her relative silence. “Wow. That’s a hole, alright.” she idly commented, looking into said aperture. Sharp looked to her companions, smiling. “Well, nothing ventured nothing gained, right? And, we’ve a colt to save.” she said happily. It seemed the trip over had gotten her excited, a fact she illustrated by jumping down the hole with an “Allons Y~”

Should the hole be deep enough to be a damaging fall, she’d teleport to the bottom as she fell in a flash of white magic. “Huh. That was fun. I should get out more.” she commented to herself upon landing.

Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Griff followed the group silently until they reached the top of the hill and were overlooking the hole. "A sinkhole..." he murmured as he inspected it. "...or a trap that was hastily dug up. Doesn't seem that deep.." he continued talking to himself while observing Sharp going down the hole. "Doesn't seem to be wide enough for all of us down there! Do you see anything, miss? A trail of his brother, maybe?" he asked Sharp and continued looking down into the hole, before looking at Shadow, Anja and the filly.

The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:31 am

Shadow crested the hill and stared down at the hole which lay before him. Letting out a low whistle, he glanced at the filly with concern. "Your brother fell down into that hole?" He asked gently, stroking her mane before helping her down onto the ground. "Ah, Miss shar- and she's gone... Well, I assume you have your own method of getting down Mister Griff? I'm afraid my shadow travel has a limit of three."

Anja stepped next to him, the filly between them. She bent down and gave a comforting smile. "We're going to save your brother now. It may look scary, but I promise that Shadow's magic is completely safe."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 2:00 am

Shadow, Anja, Griff, Sharp: Down in the sinkhole, the ponies would find some rocks, dirt, and grass from the cave in, but no immediate sign of the colt. There was however a single cave leading off to the side, the darkness in it only lasted. An alien, soft blue glow illuminated the far end of the cave and served to provide just enough light so that none would have too much trouble navigating the passage without tripping over anything. At the end of the tunnel, the group would behold quite the sight.

As the group would continue to press on, the cave abruptly opened up into a massive cavern. Even the floor dipped down away from the current level of elevation the group was at while standing in the cave aside from a single path, and what a sight to behold. Massive structures line the walls, each partially collapsed and covered in a spiderweb of cracks and occasional massive holes in their sides. bridges seem to weave back and forth between these structures, some like the sheet of metal that was making up the only way down from the ledge that was the edge of the cave the group was standing at, while others appeared to be collapsed parts of walls or columns. The eerie lights appeared to be coming from miraculously still functioning poles and the water appeared to be flowing fairly steadily out of one of the upper floors of one building and forming something of a pool and stream down below.

Said path leading away from the cave that was in the form of a rather thick looking sheet of metal, that despite having a few dents in it, was largely intact and appeared to serve the purpose of being traversed regularly and leading into the rest of the cavern. While there was some illumination from the partially functioning lights, it didn't reach everywhere, and possibly something of particular note was a distinct yellow glow coming from one of the holes in a building a few segments of path away.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 7:46 am

“Uhh… rocks---ewh, dirt, and grass. All deposited from the cave in. No signs of foals of any kind, stranded or otherwise.” Sharp called back up to the ponies above, specifically Griff, who had asked the question she had just answered. The mare looked around, noting the soft alien light of blue glowy-ness. “There’s something down the tunnel here… we've got to go deeper” she told the group as she moved to do just that.

When the cave opened up into the massive chamber, Sharp whistled to herself. “Woah, what a find..” she mused to herself, notebook floating out from her bag followed shortly by a quill, both encompassed by the mare’s white magic. Quill engaged in vicious dance across paper as she began to take note of everything in the massive cavern. She’d venture further in, drawing diagrams of what she saw and pairing them with occasional side notes for clarification.

Sharp noticed the yellow glow rather quickly into her observational note-taking, and decided to make it her first destination. She seemed to forget about the missing foal, lost in the excitement of the situation. If the yellow glow proved to be unreachable by hoof, the mare would get as close as she could to it before teleporting towards it.

Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 2:54 pm

"Oh, I do. I just prefer not to use it right now." he said and teleported down as soon as Sharp moved out of the way. He started following her into the tunnel, making sure the trio was coming after, and once the sight opened in front of him, he had to stop for a moment and observe it. "...This was down here all this time? Woah.." he said, more-or-less talking to himself before remembering their objective and seeing what Sharp was doing. "Miss? I am deeply sorry to interrupt your... exploration, but I do believe we came here with a different purpose than exploring." he said to Sharp while continuing his way into the cave.

The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Shadow smiled at the filly and took her hoof, before Anja took her other hoof, still smiling gently to her. Shadow's horn began to glow with a dark light, before the shadows reached up and gently dragged the trio into the ground, before they stepped out into the bottom of the hole. Shadow helped the filly onto his back before following the pair in front of them, Anja moving alongside, still holding the filly's hoof gently. Hmmm... this is unexpected..." Shadow muttered before smiling at the filly and looking around. 'Where you playing in here, or did your brother fall down the hole and end up here? It's ok if you don't know."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:39 pm

The filly didn't notice she'd been addressed at first, her gaze had been locked on the ruins as soon as they came into view. "Uh, I... N-no, we... we were playing back where the hole was. I- I didn't know any of- of this was here," she went on with a trembling voice. "Are the rumors true? Do... do these ruins really make ponies disappear?" The filly asked fearfully.

Progression into the ruins would actually be fairly smooth as the improvised bridges held strong for any and all that progressed across them. Travel into any of the sunken skyscraper like buildings though would prove futile as collapses rendered most hallways and the like inaccessible. Moving towards that yellow glow still seemed fairly easy as most of the walkways actually seemed to be leading to/from it. As the group reached the glowing hole, they'd suddenly run into a pair of dark lenses ringed with lights. That and a surprised gasp were all the warning any got before a green ball of fur tackled into Griff, knocking him clean off his hooves and onto his back on the ground.

Now that there was a moment to actually look at the ball of fur, all could see that it was a pony, and a mare at that. She had medium-short, bright blue mane, haphazardly brushed and becoming steadily messier as she happily giggled and nuzzled into the surprisingly strong embrace. "There is more of you!" she happily exclaimed excitedly before finally releasing Griff and moving over towards the other 4 ponies to pull them into a similar tight embrace, still beaming with happiness as she giggled. "I though I was only one for so long, but then little one fell in, and now all of you appear! Oh this is great!" She went on happily before finally releasing the group from her stream of hugs and snuggling.

The mare took a step back from the group as she regarded them, still full smiles. With that step back, the group could also see her entire form. A young adult mare, with old and somewhat ragged looking clothing held down with straps and other measures. A set of hoof bracers adorned her hooves and the set of goggles were now resting on her forehead just below the horn. Her cutie mark could also be seen as a delicate looking crystal flower. She stood there for just a moment grinning at everyone before slowly speaking in her slightly accented voice, "my name es Sena, what is yours?"

The filly would respond quickly, though not with an answer. "Uhm, miss Sena, have you seen my brother?" she asked sounding quite scared and nervous.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Griff exhaled and yelped in surprise as he was suddenly tackled by a green mare, almost about to show a bit of his powers in self defense, but after noticing that the mare started snuggling and nuzzling him, he decided not to use that power. When she finally released him, he got back on his hooves almost immediately, not realizing that his hood wasn't covering his head anymore, revealing his dark-green fur, spiky snow-white mane with dark-green tips and dark red eyes. He was about to comment about how dares she just suddenly tackle him, but after seeing her happiness, he couldn't resist giving her a warming smile.

He waited for the mare to finish introducing herself before coughing off. "The name's Griff. So the 'little one' fell down here before we did, huh... This may be this filly's brother that we've been looking for down here." He said and looked around. "Speaking of 'down here', what exactly are you doing down here? If you're living down here, then I must say, you sure picked a well-hidden and remote place to do so.. but why?" He asked, still looking at the mare as if trying to remember her appearance. "You were apparently very lonely, seeing as you were so happy with us arriving... why don't you live up on the surface?"

Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:19 pm

“What are you---? Oh! Pssh, we can totally do both.” Sharp replied to Griff’s intrusion into her exploration. When Sena glomped him, Sharp couldn’t help but laugh. “Gotta say… out of all the things I expected to find in this place, a hyperactive mare was pretty low on the list” she said after Sena’s hug. “My name is Sharp. Nice to meet you, Sena” She introduced herself. The mare’s odd accent did interest Sharp, she’d never heard anypony speak like that before. Sharp eagerly awaited the mare’s response to Griff’s questions, she herself still continued drawing her diagrams.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Bloodstone dispelled the bright lights as the shadow demon disappeared. He stumbled, looking around for the whistle. When he couldn't find it, he sheathed his knife and re-buttoned his mourning clothes. Damn....it's gone...and so is that Phoenix member...I'll have to be more careful next time...I'd better check on that group that left with the child... He limped out of the tavern, looking for the tracks of the group.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 4:41 am

"I cannot say that I have ever heard of ruins that cause ponies to vanish... I do not think your brother will have..." Shadow paused as the mare tackled Griff, hoof moving to his dagger before he paused as he saw she was only hugging him. Raising an eyebrow, he cautiously hugged her back, not one to be rude. Similarly, Anja gave the mare a cautious hug, and to every bar Shadow it would appear that she remained there afterward. To Shadow however, he saw through her illusion, glad that she had decided to scout out the area, and see if she could find the colt. "I am Shadow, and this is Anja, and as Griff asked... where is this little one's brother? Is he injured?" He asked, holding the filly close whilst he waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Shadow, Anja, Sharp, Griff: "Oh! The little one like this one?" Sena asked rhetorically while still grinning and smiling happily. "Yes, he was injured, but I fix, good as new. Broken leg and concussion, but I fix all!" Sena proclaimed with her slight accent and still almost overly happy demeanor. She abruptly turned around and started walking back through the hole in the building where the yellow light was coming from. "It take most supplies, but I could not let him hurt," she went on.

The hole in the wall led to a hallway, just going straight back and while there was the occasional split off from it, they were all collapsed and blocked. As such, there was only the single path leading straight back to a larger square room. Inside the room was the source of the yellow light and that was a cylinder shaped object that put off a surprising amount of light and even generated some heat that kept the room fairly comfortable (it looks like a lantern). Scattered about the room were small bits and pieces of metal and other things that were blatant old world technology, and in the far back corner was a mound of cloth and other fabrics piled in what appeared sort of like an old pillow fort, complete with bed.

The filly on Shadow's back jumped off as soon as her eyes fell on the colt who was laying down asleep next to the light source. "Brother!" she called as she ran over to him and shook him lightly until the colt woke up. The two talked a little, recapping what had happened, which basically amounted to the brother saying he fell and blacked out until now.

As they recapped, Sena looked towards Griff and replied in kind. "I did not know there was surface to live on. That hole in roof is first I see of surface," she replied a little shakily. "I did not even know there were other ponies until little one there fell," she went on before turning a happy grin towards the two reunited youths.

Bloodstone: There wouldn't be a lot of signs to where the others had gone since it'd been some time since their passing, it hadn't rained recently, and there'd been a small stampede just moments ago. With a little inquiring though, Bloodstone would get some hesitant and shaky hooves pointed towards one of the gates leading out of the town.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Griff followed Sena through the long hallway that ended up in a warm room. He smiled at the little reunion occurring in front of him. "Back together at last..." he said and chuckled before turning back to Sena. "But then.. miss Sena, how long have you lived down here? Have you never attempted making a trip out that hole? Or has it only recently appeared... in any case, When did you end up here?"

Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:04 pm

“Oh, lookie that. It’s the colt. That’s nice. Y’know, I wonder where that Historia member is. He’d probably have a field day with this stuff” Sharp thought to herself, slightly amused with imagining his reactions to the cavern.

Naturally, she still hadn’t stopped noting, scratching a neat little diagram of Sena inside of a box beside a question mark on a new page. Griff had asked a few of the biggest questions, and Sharp chose to draw another neat little diagram, this time of the cylindrical light-container-thing, as she waited for Sena’s answers.

The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:50 am

Shadow let out a breath of relief as he spotted the colt, and smiled when the filly ran over and gave him a hug. He scanned the room, the invisible Anja exploring around a bit whilst her visible fake counterpart moved the pair once they were done catching up and hugging the pair warmly. He raised an eyebrow as Sharp continued to take notes, but said nothing of it, content to let Griff do the questioning whilst he bent down to dust off some of the old technology. "Say... You've never seen the sky? Which means you were born down here I guess... Any idea what all this tech does?" He asked, looking up at Sena.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:14 pm

"I woke here, yes, hole in cave is new, I had to treat colt's injuries, no time to explore the up," Sena replied to a mix of both Shadow and Griff. Then she shook her head towards Shadow's further inquiry. "Any thing that works, I use. Lots are broken though, I had to use several last supplies to make medical pieces work this final time to save colt," she added with a gesture to the bandaged colt.

Said colt and his filly sister were now actually approaching the group, the colt hobbling heavily on his bound hoof. "Miss Sena," the colt started hesitantly. Apparently he'd been told her name by his sister. "Thank you for healing me," the colt said but then looked towards his sister, motioning for her to speak.

"Yeah, but can we go home now?" the filly asked, though the question didn't just seem directed at Sena, but rather the whole group.

Sena started to respond, but she paused and then looked back at the others quizzically. "Can we take them home? Can I, go up?" Sena asked, her expression and tone turning hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:25 am

"Personally, I don’t have any problems with bringing you back up. Though, you need to be made aware of a few facts. Firstly, up topside, ponies are extremely technophobic, to the point where they will jail you, or even execute you if they believe you’re in contact with advanced technology. Before you ask why, it has something to do with how a forest literally nearly destroyed all of equinity… Wow. That sounds a lot sillier when you actually say it. Huh.” Sharp said, her attention directed towards Sena.

“Too bad about the tech though. Ah well. It isn’t useful if you don’t use it, I guess.”

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To restore or forsake the past (Game A)   To restore or forsake the past (Game A) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To restore or forsake the past (Game A)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next