OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

On the hunt for Gold and Monsters

Go down 
+2
Two Sides of the Coin
Xereth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Empty
PostSubject: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:55 pm

(Enter as if you had just seen a flyer or some other way that the job would catch your eye. Due to popular demand the game will be Anthro.)

It was to be a fine morning, the warming sun peaked over the white top mountains in the east. The comforting light shimmering across the white walls of the castle. Celestia stood outside of her home, Luna just at her side waiting for the coming of some warriors that would deal away a problem wracking the land northward of the castle. The soothing sounds of the nearby waterfall did nothing to calm Celestia down. Tension was running high and she was wrapped in the middle of that tension. Her neck fur stood on end while her throat ran dry. If only there were another way she wouldn’t want to put these ponies in harm’s way but the elements of harmony were far away in the Crystal Kingdom.

Luna, seeing the distress of her sister, came up beside Celestia and laid a hand on Celestia’s shoulder. “It will be alright… they can take care of themselves and you know it.” Celestia nodded once before laying her own hand on Luna’s. In a somber voice “I wish that there would be another way. I feel like I am casting them into their doom.”

Luna could’t help but squeeze her sister’s shoulder once for comfort but Celestia’s words rang true. Luna tried to keep a straight face but all the words that Celestia said struck deep into her heart. They were sending others to their possible doom and paying them to do so. Luna hung her head low for a moment then raised her head back up to watch the morning sun rise over the land. “Let us just hope that we won’t need to pay for our sins.”

Along the paved path of grey stone was walking a strange beings that wouldn’t normally be seen by most pony folk. It had scales, claws that could rend flesh from bone, and it had eyes like slits that seemed like it could peer deep into the soul of another. The creature walked the path straight to the palace, haste made the creature want to get to the castle then get under way with the mission that the princesses had sent out on the fliers. The information had been quite stiff on what the job was going to be like but he had gone on worse missions with even less information. His scale form bounded along the paved path with his weapons and bag hugging closely to his side. The weapons clinking together with each step he took.

The promise of gold and riches was just enough for the reptile being to go out of his way to get the reward that would make him live like a king among ponies. The thought of gold and gems urged him forwards. Arriving at the stairs to the palace he stared up at the two forms of Luna and Celestia. Stepping lithely up the stairs in a flash of scales he bowed on his knee before the two mighty rulers. “Felorairi, at your service… I heard that you need a monster slain, well I am the one to do it.” A toothy smirk had formed on his face just after his words, leveling his head to gauge their reactions to the two princesses of Equstria. He would impress them with his hunting skills and they would have more jobs for him in the future. Felorairi would become respected across all of Equstria.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Not too long later, a tan Pegasus with with a forest green mane and tail clad in leather armor walked along that very path. He was walking because he felt at least a little professionalism would be needed when taking a job from the princesses themselves. Still, he didn't look very professional as he had a clearly excited look on his face. It was these kind of jobs that he liked best.

He was already packed up and ready for an adventure, as he had his longbow, a compact crossbow, arrows and bolts, and a pack filled with rope, some emergency rations, a bedroll and a small tent.

He soon came up to where the princesses were, and pretty much ignored the other figure, likely a mercenary too, and said, "Ash Longbow at your service." He then actually took a closer look at the fellow beside him, and it was the first time he noticed he was reptilian. It didn't bother him too much, figuring the fact he was let in said he was a decent person. He then said, "I'll be sure to leave some beasts for you too. Maybe two or three depending on how I feel.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:17 am

"Hoy, hy'm here," the newest arrival announced as he shoved the doors open. It at least looked like a pony, though with longer and shaggier fur than usual, and the fur of one leg looked to be definitely a different color than the rest of him, and one arm was blatantly mechanical. That however might not have been the most distinguishing features though given the large mechanical wings on his back, or the set of pointed teeth that filled his smile, or even the large and slightly off looking halberd strapped to his back.

Striding up to the throne, the strange new arrival just bowed to the princesses. "Ah goot to she hyu's princeshes," he said through a thick accent that was made all the thicker because of the large pointy teeth. "Hy hear hyu ish needink a monshter hunta. Vell, Jäger ish alvays villing ta hunt de dinks dat go bump in de night," Jäger said still grinning and at least for the moment not even seeming to notice the other two that had shown up as well.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:17 am

Sophie slinks quietly into the throne room, unseen spirits coiling around her. There are a set up saddlebags and a heavy crossbow slung across her back. underneath that is a thick raincloack, the hood currently pushed back.

"Iye 'ave come to take tha' job. Be it still open to one's such as I?" she calls out. She steps lightly up beside the others, giving them each a careful eye. The spirits whisper silent council. 'These we must watch', they say.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 4:37 pm

A few moments a gigantic beast of ice slam-landed down in a clearing just in front of the palace with a loud thud and slightly growled, ground freezing around his legs. The ice dragon was at least 4 times the size of a big stallion, almost three times the size Celestia would be. he spread his large wings one last time before folding them, shaking excess ice off them before a pegasus jumped off of the beast.

"Okay, Frostie, when they come out, show them this," the pegasus said and handed out a flyer, Frost Scale grabbing it with his mouth. "Tell them that you're here for a job, 'do the job, clear this world of evil, blah blah blah..' and please, try to behave." she said jokingly before giving a kiss on the ice dragon's cheek. "I'll be back at our cave, cleaning things. Good hunting! And don't forget to bring me the gold, not eat it!" she added and giggled before flying away into the mountains.

Frost just groaned as he lay down in front of the palace, the flyer sticking out on the side of his mouth for about three quarters. He waited patiently for others as the ground around him continued freezing up.
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 4:15 am

Honed Edge arrived, wearing only simple, dark clothing and a blindfold, and carrying nothing but a walking stick. She had carefully made sure she was fully dressed as a stallion. In her experiences, they had much better opportunities in things like these.

She appeared unfazed at the variety of mercenaries that had arrived. To her, it just sounded like a mare with an accent, a stallion with some sort of armor, probably a lizard(scales did, in fact, make a noise, if you knew what it was), and an ordinary mercenary. Though she did turn towards the sounds of the dragon. Turning back to the princesses, she gave a slight bow. "Honed Edge. I was told you needed mercenaries, and I think we have agreeable interests." She straightened, and made a vague gesture towards her blndfold. "I'd like to assure you in advance that my handicap will have minimal effect on my effectiveness."
Back to top Go down
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 4:45 am

Celestia and Luna watched with wary eyes at the mercenaries that gathered in the throne room. Some were terribly strange while others looked like common folk that took up weapons for the purpose of money. Celestia shifted uncomfortably on her hooves while she clasped her hands together. Luna did nearly the same but unperceptively rocked on her hooves. First, Celestia bowed back to Ash followed by Jager, Sophie, Frostie, and Honed Edge. In a professional tone her words seemed distant “Likewise to all of you… It is good to meet all of you but you all know why you are here and what you will be doing.” She paused for a moment to retain her regality “There is talk of a monster attacking towns near the base of the blue mountains… based on what has been told by survivors; the monster is something very long and purple in color. It is big enough to swallow buildings, ponies, and stone itself. “Turning to her side to motion to Luna, “My sister has gathered enough gold from the personal treasury to pay all of you a fair amount for your trouble if you can defeat the monster.”

Right beside Luna was six gold inlayed chests made entirely out of wood. Each chest looked like it could hold at least five hundred pounds of treasure. Celestia turned back to them once again as her horn glowed bright yellow. The yellow aura wrapped around six instruction scrolls that would tell them the location, the details and the amount of treasure they would receive. “Here is some information about your task but all I can do it bid you good luck on this quest.” She said saddened by her lack of help.

Felorairi simply looked at the rest of the companions he would have in the merry little band. “Hmmm, I just hope I can save enough monsters for the rest of you.” He said with a chuckle in his voice as he swiftly took the scroll out of the air. Monsters had hardly ever been a problem for him, the bigger ones were a bit tougher but he in the end had always beaten them off. His axe banged lightly against his thigh, causing his scales to sound like a rubbing stick against grooved wood. “Now since we all are going to live with one another I think we should divide up the duties.”
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 5:01 am

Sophie also takes up a scroll, unfurling it to read. She turns at Felorairi's words. "Aye, tha' seems prudent. Ay woul' nah like to get in one another's way. Wouldnae be smart." She says, the spirits looking over her shoulder. She directs a few to begin gather other spirits around the are indicated. If as many ponies had died as the Princesses had claimed, there should be plenty new friends for her to meet.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 5:29 am

Ash took his scroll and read it as well. After Felorairi's suggestion, he said, "I suppose that makes you the leader then. Wouldn't that make you the guy that has to stay in the back while we rack up the kills?" Ash had a bit of a smirk as he said the last part. As for dividing up duties, he thought communication would be an issue with at least one of them, maybe two if Sophie's accent got any stronger. On second thought, he made it three. How was he going to communicate with a Dragon unless it spoke Equestrian.
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:24 am

Edge quickly encountered an issue: her instructions were written.  For the time being, she couldn't read. She supposed she could have the one without an accent read it to her.  Thinking of it, the accents would be useful, and make her... well, they were Allies now, her Allies easier to tell apart.  She listened to the others as they spoke, then pitched her own opinion in her stallion voice.  "I agree with the accented mare and reptile.  Individual jobs would make things easier.  Now, where are we headed first?"

Edge's ears picked up the sounds of a weapon.  Good, they had brought their own.  She could borrow one, if she encountered an enemy with a blood skill for weapons. She tended not to carry weapons. It imbalanced the field to have a strong weapon at your side, when you had an untrained enemy.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Jäger took his scroll but didn't bother reading it at the moment. "Ova near de Blue Mountiansh? Hokay, hyu dun need to vorry about anydink more princeshes. Hy'll be brinkink shomedink back shoon enough," Jäger said as he started to leave the room. Then he heard what the others were saying and cocked his head. "Hoy, dis shounds like dinks dat could be dishcushed on de vay dere, und ve ish burnink daylight chust shtandink here," he continued before going to the door to see if the others were following.
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:50 am

Edge slowly nodded. "You make a good point. We've talked enough." She started following after him, using her stick to make sure she didn't bump anything. "Jäger, I would prefer you keep moving. I can follow the sound of armor in motion easily." Of course, said armor was usually a target to hit. But that was irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the hunt for Gold and Monsters    On the hunt for Gold and Monsters  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the hunt for Gold and Monsters
Page 1 of 1