OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 8:24 am

Calliope would just give Sugary a look of seething hatred but notably, looks away from him when he speaks his advice, unable to meet his earnest eyes. As he turns away, she gets to her feet and seems none the worse for wear as she trots off lightly in the direction away from him. When he joins her, Thryssa turns to him and he feels her lips lightly brush over the top of his forehead in a quick but lightly affectionate gesture. "You have a good heart, Sugary Market, in addition to being a gallant Tantalus. On the likes of Calliope that good heart is wasted, but you have it nonetheless and it is to your credit that you find it so easy to express." She takes him to the lift and starts down with him. "I'm beginning to think that you have no fear at all, and especially none of any creature living because Calliope and the noble family she represents are merely ponies to you. Except for her unfortunate sister and nobles of greater status like Callista and my own family, it's rare for anyone to stand up to the du Luc family. Those who don't fear them ignore them, even when ignoring them exposes others to their petty meanness."

The lift arrives and Thryssa immediately sets off towards what is presumably the barracks, the crowds of changelings politely parting from her path with minute bows of their heads in her direction before they continue on. As he's no doubt getting used to, the changelings press in on him, acting as if they're metal filings attracted by his magnetism. They no more hinder his way or smother him than other times, but it's quite clear that he's the focus of their attention. As he follows Thryssa to what appears to be a door embedded in a stone column with not enough room for there to be anything behind it. And yet when Thryssa kisses the handle of the door, it swings open and Sugary abruptly finds himself in the midst of tightly-organized insanity. It seems that the entire barracks decided to engage in a mass cleaning in preparation for inspection and they're so busy, it's several minutes before a stallion bounces off Thryssa, looks up, sees her, turns white as a sheet and high-tails it in the direction of what is very likely the commander of the barracks. Thryssa actually giggles inaudibly at the behavior.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:59 pm

Sugary blushed lightly at the affectionate gesture, certain that Thryssa wasn't one who was likely to be as affectionate as most of her kin from what he knew. He felt it was very meaningful that she approved of his ways in such a manner.

On the way down the lift, he smiled a bit more, thought thoughtfully as well. "... There are many things I fear, Princess. While uncouth Nobles are hardly a bother to me, the fact some are already showing enemosity is cause for concern... I'll be keeping my eyes and ears sharp of course. I could also tell you some of those other fears over time, but just ask at your leisure and I'll speak... Right now though, none of what happened with Calliope just now better lash out on young Belladonna, lest I have to make harsh persuasions against it..."

Once they were down, he couldn't help but chuckle as he was surrounded so soon by the general populace in the area. He had been to many places in his life, and it was very easy to tell when those around him were getting close on purpose. Fortunately for him, he didn't have to worry over Thieves here; They were all free to take the essence of his good mood as he was as content as ever being surrounded by a welcoming crowd. One thing he did try to do differently this time around was to see if he could keep track of the flow of magic and life of the unusual changelings. A variant of Equines they may be, but there was still something alien about them he couldn't quite grasp just yet as emotions were such a big deal in Scarabi and how it influenced their very beings.

Once they had arrived at the barracks, the organized chaos was actually a breath of fresh air to him. He had a strong nostalgic look around him as he was reminded of the organized chaos that was to be expected back at the Guild he was from; He felt right at home looking over the busy soldiers. Chuckling again as he saw the mortified look of the one changeling that bumped into Thryssa from who knows where, he looked around to see who else had noticed their arrival, but it seemed they were still quite busy in his eyes. Smiling to Thryssa, and keeping his eyes sharp to avoid suddenly being bombarded by another changeling himself, he looked to the crowd as he addressed the Princess. "My my! Quite the lively bunch here today! They must be very eager to go along with the inspection for today! Right, Princess Thryssa?" He made sure to deliberately point out certain keywords that were sure to get the attention of everyone and see if it got them to notice better who was there to do their duties for the day. He couldn't very well ask anyone to come at attention, but he could certainly allude to it.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 pm

"Calliope knows better," Thryssa says. "She was taught the lesson that there were limits to what she was allowed to say and do, and taught in a way that no one who watched will ever forget. She was taught that goodness is not weakness, and that gentleness isn't either. In fact, gentleness is sometimes stronger than overt strength, which is why it has tempted me more than once to abdicate in favor of my little sister, Chidinida. She is the gentlest, and also the strongest, a exact image of our greatest queen, Amaryss."

It may have been too subtle for any other pony to have picked up, but Sugary is a unicorn and so he'd be able to feel the faintest currents of magic drifting by him, the energy of the crowds swirling around his horn like a light breeze, and then moments later flowing over his coat and skin like a burbling creek. It would be very pleasant since it is, after all, the subtle currents of positive emotional energy that swirl around him and flow with careless freedom through the crowds bowing to Thryssa and pressing in sociably on him.

The energy in the barracks is even more fervent and frenzied, almost electric while still being harmless and welcoming. The energy is such that it almost feels as if he could reach out with his own magic and drink it in, and yet the energy is like moonlight on sand, silver and soft and pleasant but impossible to actually touch and feel. The frantic soldiers scurry about right up to the point at which Sugary starts to talk and the unfamiliar voice causes each and every one to turn and look in perfect synchronization, and maximum creepy. Their reaction to seeing him, or more specifically Thryssa, is to freeze in place looking quite horrified as they realize that their lady marshal is ahead of schedule. Nonetheless, the entire room drops what they're doing and forms immediately into rows of soldiers at attention. The display would probably be more impressive, though, if half of them weren't covered in some way with the debris of their frantic efforts. Thryssa blinks at the soldiers in astonishment before her face begins to twitch. It takes the tall changeling royal less than a minute to lose her battle and start laughing heartily. The lines of soldiers immediately relax in relief and without being bid, they scatter again to take up where they left off.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:06 am

Sugary couldn't fully grasp it, but the flow of magic given off by the surrounding Changelings was rather comforting, as if they instinctively accepted him among their kind despite not knowing him all that much. Even in the chaotic barracks, he felt comfortable. "... Such a good feeling... Does Thryssa and the others feel this every day? Every single day of their lives...?"

While pondering about the immense level of comfort he felt where he was, he was snapped back into reality when all of the Changelings looked right at him. He wasn't quite expecting to get that much attention in one go. "I wish recruits listened to me that well before...!!"

Waiting for Thryssa to give an order, or at least say something in particular, he was instead met with the wonderful sound of her deep laughter; It was music to his ears. It was also making him curious to know if he need to learn more about the customs of Scarabi as the soldiers went back to their duties without being told anything, looking over to Thryssa with a curious gaze. "Huh... Princess, I'd say they all gathered nicely before you, but... Do you normally dismiss others by laughing, or do they just know something I feel like I should know?" Since there wasn't any sort of jest in his tone nor in his body language, he was asking a very serious question, even if it sounded silly.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 10:37 pm

The question makes Thryssa laugh a bit more merrily for a minute before she gets herself back under control, but she's still smiling broadly at Sugary when she does. "They're familiar with me Sugary," she tells him. "If I was going to be angry or annoyed or pretend to be one of those two for the purposes of chastising them, I'd have done so. But they know quite well that my moods aren't very volatile so when I indulge myself in real pleased laughter, I'm not angry and have no intention of speaking harshly to them. So they went right back to cleaning up the barracks and making it presentable for inspection." She grins a little. "Which, by the way, is why they stopped suddenly enough that they were covered with the debris of their efforts: to provoke that pleased laughter and buy themselves some more time. They know what I expect of them, and they also know that I rarely have cause to laugh genuinely, so I allow them to get away with tickling my funny bone for leniency."

"Besides which, Sugary Market..." one says as he goes passed with a load of laundry needing folding balanced flawlessly on his head.
"...we know and she knows that in not too long of time..." a mare continues juggling a dust cloth and furniture oils in her magic.
"...there will be a tall armored princess looming while we cower before her wrath for being too loose," another mare concludes as she pauses in her efforts with a broom to give Market a bright smile and a respectful bow.
Thryssa smirks at their recitation before looking to Sugary. "And in case you were wondering why they responded so instantly, Mister Market, they know the voice of command when they hear it and by this point in their careers, responding to it is so deeply ingrained that they're not even conscious of leaping instantly to obey. I realize that you didn't actually give any commands, but not all commands come in the form of direct instruction."
She then lapses into silence and smiles indulgently while her soldiers continue their frantic working, clearly enjoying the chaos around her.

Last edited by DualThrone on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:38 am

Between Thryssa's explanation and laughter, the way the soldier males and females worked and explained as well with such stoic expressions, and the fact the room was still an organized chaos, Sugary would finally crack as well and let out a hearty laugh of his own. His good mood skyrocketed, and anyone who was willing might get some more essence of affection out of him right there and then. Indeed, he felt at home once more like he did when he used to stay at the Guild as he had said, and he was quickly growing fond of the ambience the barracks held, the dutifulness of the soldiers, and Thryssa's own reasonable sense of humor. It was as if he had merely transferred to a new branch from the old one he was in. It was a truly unique kind of comfort, and all he had to do was recover and adjust.

Once he calmed down enough, he looked to the room in general, and then at Thryssa with a broad smile, speaking softly. "I'll assume inspections are already going well and good then, if this is to be expected. What else am I to learn about the barracks today, Princess?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 pm

"They're going well," she said just as softly before raising her voice enough for the room to hear. "I can't say inspections are going 'good' until I see some 'good'."
The frantic chaos of the room immediately went up a tick and Thryssa beamed in satisfaction before returning her voice to a softer conversational level. "As you might have guessed by how we got in, this barracks is concealed from ordinary view by a complex collection of runes, devised by Tettidora of course. The entrance is a concealed 'blink' spell tied to a particular side of a particular pillar in one of the city squares, designed to move us about six feet in a specific direction so seamlessly it feels like walking through a doorway. The largest barracks are hidden this way and accessed this way, to ensure that if an enemy makes it passed the walls, they won't see where hundreds of well-armed soldiers are hiding until it's far too late."
"Sneakiness is the changeling way," a soldier with lieutenant stripes on her armor comments with a wink to Sugary. Before disappearing into the crowd again, she lingers a moment with her eyes closed and breathing in slowly. After a moment of this, she licks her lips with a rather satisfied expression and returns to what she was doing before. If he's watching closely enough, Sugary would see that several of the soldiers are doing this, apparently on some kind of rotation so each one can get a little treat from the intensity of Sugary's positive feelings. Thryssa apparently notices because she has to suppress a chuckle at it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:53 am

At first, Sugary wouldn't quite get why some from among the crowd of soldiers seemingly stopped while doing nothing before moving again with their tasks, since it wasn't as obvious when out in the streets. Eventually, he did notice, and smiled sheepishly as he whispered over to Thryssa about it. "... I think some are snacking on me, Princess..." He also had a good chuckle as the soldiers worked harder still for her, but it also seemed they would be done very soon.

On a more serious matter, he listened well in regards to the concealing spells. "Certainly quite a boon for strategy... About the only thing missing would be teleporting devices around the city if there aren't any for maximum deployment of troops to locations near instantaneously. As far as history on my homeland was, it was often easy to overtake opponents when they didn't expect raids from within their borders when such devices were attached to carrier ships..." He then sighed mildly and continued. "... Unfortunately, such tactics were often used by warmongers for conquering. The tactics are sound in general, but obviously hold a negative stigma with them. Many countries had to enforce laws over the years against mass production of such devices and restrict them to Non-Military use at most... Anywho, I'm rambling a bit... Been meaning to ask about the concealment spells... The barracks and hospitaller aside, are there any other places hidden in plain sight?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 am

Thryssa chuckles. "Sugary, most of Scarabi is hidden in plain sight. Most buildings are larger than they appear to be. The walls are higher, the towers more formidable, the castle ringed with additional protection and dozens of places inside leading to bolt holes and passages invisible even to most changelings. For a thousand years, Scarabi has been designed around the assumption that the day of invasion is always tomorrow, that the enemy is ever at the gates, that Celestia will decide that exile was too kind. We are no longer under any delusion that Celestia means to destroy us, of course, but the work to make our home impervious continues."

Her expression becomes determined and hard. "We will never be cast from our homes again, Sugary Market. Neither the wrath of a goddess nor ordinary force will make us leave. We will have our homes, our families, our lands, our rightful place, or we will be buried here to the last one. We raised Scarabi out of a broken mountain and dead sand, and made it an oasis brimming over with love, life, industry, and hope under one noble and benevolent queen after another." As she talks, Sugary watches the chaos quiet and the soldiers stop to watch and listen as Thryssa orates. "Scarabi is the shining jewel of the east, radiant with the spirit of the changeling people, paved with the footsteps of a dozen generations that were born, lived, and passed away leaving their mark on our home. In honor of all of those, we never cease expanding its defenses and never falter in our determination to keep it safe." Her gaze moves from Market to the soldiers, who've gone almost unnaturally still with the intensity of their focus. "Each soldier of Scarabi is sworn into this selfless service so that every newborn foal will breathe free air, will have fresh and nourishing food raised out of an infertile mound of sand, and make its byways echo with laughter and uncomplicated joy in each new day."

Thryssa ends her last sentence by stomping the ground firmly and as one, the soldier come to attention and respond with a synchronized stomp... and then the rapid stamping of applause. The energy in the room practically radiates with determination and newfound zeal and they once again break apart, but there is purpose in the chaos now. A sense of order encompasses their cleaning and work now, and the mass seems to spontaneously assemble into a well-oiled machine before Sugary's very eyes. He feels Thryssa step forward and rest a wing on him, watching with a more subtle smile now but one no less proud and pleased. In only minutes, the room is the picture of military spit polish and the soldiers are assembled again in mathematically-neat rows, wings tucked, legs braced, their eyes focused on their lady marshal--and her unicorn executive officer. "Princess Thryssa, Sugary Market, we await your approval," the lieutenant announces crisply.

Last edited by DualThrone on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 pm

"So that's why this desert city is so vibrant and rippling with magic..." While Sugary was certain the Changelings themselves were heavily magically influential of their surroundings, it gave him a new perspective to think of the city as malleable as any one changeling could be.

Musing on how the city remained under a constant zeal of protection would take a backseat as Thryssa delivered a rousing speech right there and then though, gaining his full and undivided attention as well while he had the best seat in the room: right by her side, where he could see and feel her every gesture and absolute belief in her own words without a hint of hesitation.

When the stomping began, he too joined as a show of support as his spirit was roused along with that of the others. And when the fanfare was done and she placed her wing on his back, this time feeling a light tingle from it as his back was bare for it, he responded by lightly flicking his tail and gently smacking the back of her hind leg in a gesture that was meant to be the equivalent of a hardy pat on the back; he made absolutely sure not to hit her flank though, as that would have been another gesture altogether. "Wonderful speech, Princess. Though I'd like to think the the most precious jewels of Scarabi are those with its best interest in mind..." Even if he didn't say it outright, he was talking about her.

As the soldiers were finally done with their chore, he looked around the room an the soldiers to give his best opinion with a smile. "... It's practically spotless if you ask me. If there's something wrong, I don't see it."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Thryssa turns slightly and quirks an eyebrow at him when he strikes her back leg with his tail, looking slightly uncertain before doing the same to him although because she's larger, the tail strikes everywhere from his hind leg all the way up to his flanks although Thryssa doesn't seem to be aware that her friendly gesture could be taken to be more than friendly. She smiles so broadly that it bares her fangs when he praises her speech and speaks of the precious jewels of Scarabi. "Yes, our city's most precious jewels at its people and especially those who are dedicated to our people, and vigorous in self-improvement and empowerment. Mostly changelings but I know of a stallion foreign to all of the lands of this world who is just as much a jewel for the very reason of his dedication. More or less taken as a prisoner, he is now as much part of us as any natural-born changeling could be and for that reason among others, has been welcomed into the plethora of secrets that would be forbidden to an outsider."

Having said to him what she would, Thryssa turns to watch the soldiers at work and when asked, she's about to answer when Sugary speaks up. She smiles just as broadly as she had before and nods in his direction. "I concur with the judgement of my executive officer lieutenant," she says. "Although caught unawares and surprised again, you responded rapidly and with admirable alacrity. I see that this unit is in readiness if it needs to be called upon and would leave it with my favor and support." She lights her horn and it flares brightly in the room with greenish light and as Sugary watches, motes of magic appear in the air and drift downwards, each landing precisely between the eyes of every soldier, glowing in the vague shape of the mark of a kiss before vanishing again. The soldiers smile and as one, bow deeply before Thryssa and Sugary. "Thank you Princess," the lieutenant says. "And you as well, XO Market. Your approval honors us."

"It is well-earned," Thryssa says happily. "Is there anything further you would wish to say, Mister Market?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:00 am

Some way, somehow, Sugary's mere intended pat of encouragement would set off quite the chain reaction as Thryssa responded in a way that filled him with a lot of questions. Mostly, he just stood really straight and neighed in surprise right in front of everyone as she struck his entire backside with her tail. He then kept a deeply crimson visage upon himself, lightly hiding hi face under his own mane, as he deeply contemplated if she meant what she did, and if perhaps he should have held back his neigh a bit more. "Sh-Sh-She wants me that badly!?!? M-M-Maybe she made a mistake...! Yeah...! By hitting my entire flank... M-Maybe changelings really are that open...!?" She had given him many signals in her only response, and the fact she was still by his side with no issue kept making him think she was claiming him right in front of her troops. It was hard to remain calm and composed as he thought about what Masquerade had said about relationships in Scarabi, and how much of it might have been true or not. It didn't help he still felt the tingling sensation on his flank caused by her.

At the very least he had the sense of mind to keep listening to those around him especially Thryssa, which only made him blush further the more he realized she had been very generous in her compliments towards him. He was beginning to wonder if the idea for a date was little more than a mere formality, and she just wanted to be mates already. Of course, that was just a wandering thought at the back of his mind... one that lingered at the wrong time as she directed her attention to him once the troops were well and truly done. "We should at least go on the dat-...!!!?" And then he paused, and his whole body was practically going red at his own fault for letting his mind wander when it shouldn't have. "I-I-I mean, nothing wrong here I can complain about!! What's next!? Training!? Non-military affairs!? Cold showers!?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 pm

The entire barracks goes unnaturally quiet as all soldiers plus a very stunned-looking Thryssa stare at Market. "Bwuh...?" she finally manages to say.
"I think he said something about a date, your Majesty," the lieutenant offers.
Thryssa's eyes widen. "...buh ...duh ...duh... date...?"
"And cold showers, your Majesty," the lieutenant adds, her eyes twinkling.
"C... cuh... cuh... cold showers...?" Sugary can see the gears turning and the eyes widening. "Buh... cold shower... date... date cold... shower date... date shower..."
"Congratulations, Mister Sugary Market, you have successfully derailed the mental locomotive of royalty," one of the other soldiers says with a grin as Thryssa stands there making random noises, staring wide-eyed, and randomly stringing the words 'date', 'shower', and 'cold' together.
"If only we had popcorn..." one of them sighs longingly.
"Or a camera," another says earnestly. "I'd treasure the picture forever."
"Although speaking of a cold shower..."
"...where'd we put that ice bucket...?"
"I've got it!" a soldier who looks young enough to have just joined up yesterday says, coming forward with a large bucket of icewater held in her magic. "What now?"
"Simple greenhorn," the lieutenant says, turning around to face the soldier. "Eenie."
She points to one column and they say "Meenie"
She points to another and gets a "Miney"
"Moe."
"Catch."
"An."
"Alicorn."
"By."
"The."
"Toe."
"If."
"She."
"Sparkles."
"Let."
"Her."
"Go."
"Eenie."
"Meenie."
"Miney."
"Moe!" The newbie declares excitedly before throwing the contents of the bucket in the general direction of Sugary and Thryssa.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:48 pm

((Silly Red Knight))

Sugary partially felt like having the ground swallow him up as Thryssa became mindboggled right before him, and her soldiers were practically bombarding the two of them with teasing. He actually did know a few spells to do exactly that, but then he'd probably be asked about that too, and it would not help him in any way; He was stuck between a rock and a hard place it seemed.

He wasn't faring much better otherwise since his only thoughts revolved around "Stupid, stupid stupid...!! Why did I say that...!? She didn't smack my flank that hard...!!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... Felt kinda nice though..." He then groaned internally as his focus was going all over the place afterwards trying to find reason again. Fortunately, it would come in the granting of one of his requests... as he saw, but allowed, the water to hit and wash over him and Thryssa. As his long white mane and tail became flat, covered his face, and stuck to his now wet back and back legs, he let out a lengthly snort as he shivered by the sudden cold. "Gah...!? Brrr~..."

He couldn't see very well right away since about all he could see was his own mane, but it did help he didn't have to look at Thryssa right in the eye for now; It helped to speak the first coherent thing he could think of. "... Princess... A promise is a promise... No dates, yet... Not until I'm worthy as an Officer." He paused briefly, and again he spoke towards where he thought she was, more softly. "... But I'm content just accompanying you with your tasks in the meantime..."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:50 pm

"Success!" The newbie declares cheerfully, turning to the rest of the soldiers and grinning. "One cooled-down stallion and fine times had by all!"
Meanwhile, Thryssa is also soaked by icewater and quite unlike Sugary, she says nothing and does nothing for several moments. Then, as the newbie is declaring success, she walks over silently and looms over the cheerful rookie. The rest of the soldiers respond by backing up a few steps.
"Hey! Why are you all...!?" She is seized by a sense of impending doom and looks up to see Thryssa grinning widely above her. "...helloyourmajestypleasedon'tkillme..."
Thryssa responds by lighting her horn and picking the much smaller changeling up in her magic. "Greenie, do you know what time it is?"
"...um..." she swallows hard. "...three quarters past the hour...?"
"No my dear." Thryssa starts causing her to tumble end over end inside the magic field. "It's time for my occasional failed attempt at games. Today's game will be..." She turns her wicked grin on the rest of the soldiers. "...bowling."
The soldiers stand there quite stunned for a second before they start trying to scatter. At this precise instant, Thryssa accelerates the tumbling with the rookie until she's a screaming blur, puts her down, and lets her go. The effect is remarkably similar to a bowling ball striking pins that are trying vainly to escape, and moments later, there are a pile of very woozy changelings where once there were orderly ranks.
"Inspection over." Thyssa announces cheerfully before turning to Sugary and he finds himself floating off the ground very lightly grasped in her magic. "As for you, Gallant Tantalus, I think we can justify discussing the results of this inspection over food, can we not?" Without waiting for an answer, she trots out the door of the barracks and into the square where the hidden entrance leads to.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:17 am

For a fair bit of time, Sugary thought he did something wrong as Thryssa didn't say anything to him at all. He didn't expect her to speak right away, but eventually it was making him worry. He still couldn't see since his mane covered his eyes, and he didn't dare remove his mane out of the way just yet until she spoke back at least.

So it came as a big surprise as he instead followed the sounds of her steps when she moved elsewhere, only to be followed by some chatter he didn't quite get the meaning of until he swore he heard the sound of bowling pins all around him. Before he could get a word in about it though, he was swept up from his legs while still wet and sightless. "Hwah...!? Lunch time already? Princess, what happened? What was that noise!?" Perhaps being levitated by his boss while wet and confused was not how he expected his day to go, but he did at least look forward to a relaxing meal. If only he didn't spend a bit of his time flailing softly in the air while under her unexpected grasp before he had the good sense to move his mane out of the way and see they were long gone from the barracks.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:26 am

"That noise, Mister Market, was a rookie soldier being spun end over end until she was shrieking and then used as my makeshift bowling ball to pay the rest of the soldiers back for the ice water thing," Thryssa informs him as she carries him just out of the square before putting him down, and then he feels currents of magic flowing over him and around him, and his coat and clothes quickly drying out. "Don't worry about their well-being, by the way. Soldiers are generally well-loved in Scarabi and since the nourishing energy of love makes out carapaces simultaneously supple and soft, and as hard and tough as iron plate, they won't be the least bit hurt. Chagrined, stunned, but not hurt."
She glances back and forth through the crowded streets, seeming to not notice that as par their usual behavior around him, the milling changelings all make sure to pass close by him. "I'd like to have a word with Ally concerning a few specializations of his prototype, and it seems like I'd benefit from my executive officer's presence and advice. Afterwards, we can find someplace to eat and while we eat, we can have a serious, honest discussion about your slip of the tongue in the barracks. We're both adults here, Sugary; speaking frankly about our feelings, perceptions, intentions, and the possibility of a deeper relationship is well within our capabilities. Now then... Ally's foundry is in the craft district which is this way."
She starts off through the crowds, checking her pace so Sugary can walk alongside her at a comfortable speed. The ostentatious structures around the square give rise to all sorts of craft and manufacturing establishments, including potters, artists, builders, blacksmiths, even some brewers. About midway through their progress, Sugary would notice a particularly large (and thus wealthy) shop with a stature in front to advertise the owner's work. The work is an exquisite rendition of a changeling queen that bears a resemblance to Queen Crysalis but for the very long mane that she's currently peeking out behind with a very shy smile. It's also very detailed and almost lifelike in its precision, work that seems uniquely sophisticated and fine. It would occur to him that he's seen this kind of artisanship before, in a certain underground home in fact, when Sugary is suddenly being snuggled in snake coils and hugged tightly by a visibly happy Maredusa.
"Hello, Mister Market!" she says happily. "It feels like ages since I last saw you and gave you a good quality snuggle!"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Sugary didn't even try to understand what compelled Thryssa to treat her soldiers like a bowling alley as he listened with a perplexed expression, mostly since he was more concerned about being levitated until released. He still paid attention to their nourishment as he considered the relationship between Changelings and emotions. The topic about the talk during lunch was one he'd address right away though. "... You're absolutely right. Neither of us are at that age to beat around the bush, are we? We'll have that talk at lunch for sure... If I seem quiet from here on though, I'm just... considering what I should say to you by then."

And indeed he'd keep fairly silent, but not by any means disheartened. He was trying his best to recall all the advice he had ever been given about relationships, from both family and friends, and how it could be very important for those involved. From time to time, the changelings passing nearby him could see that he regarded them with a somewhat different view than before. "Willingly being close to one another... no stings attached... Sounds very nice actually."

Such was his distraction in his own mind at one point that he didn't even realize a very familiar friend was nearby when he looked at the statue of the Queen, and soon found himself being bound once again by a mare for the second time that day. He smiled broadly once he saw who it was though. "Uwah...!? Oh...!! H-Hello again, Madam Maredusa! I've been meaning to speak with you again before you left for the grotto...! Now's not the best time though, I'm following Princess Thryssa with her errands. You'll be staying a while longer in Scarabi, won't you?" He'd of course also greet her with some nuzzling and tight hugging of his own where he could manage it, though a gorgon wrapped stallion would only move as well as could be expected.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 7:29 am

"Of course I will Sugary," Maredusa replies, uncoiling from him and lowering herself down so she's resting her front hooves on one of her coils, now resting at roughly his eye level. "As you might be able to tell from the display pieces, I maintain a shop in Scarabi until Queen Chrysalis achieves her passionate dream and I'm once again welcome to slither the streets of a major Equestrian city, selling stonework to snooty shallow high-society ponies so all their friends can see how sophisticated and 'with it' they are."
"Lady Maredusa," Thryssa inclines her head politely to the gorgon.
"Princess Thryssa," Maredusa rises up on her coils just so she can bow deeply to the princess before resuming her previous position. "Are you here to browse?"
"I'm actually passing through with my executive officer to speak with Ally," Thryssa says.
"Then I won't keep him long." Maredusa smiles to Sugary. "You may feel free to come to this shop whenever you wish; I have no need to lock it. Mischievous young changelings know better than to bother my work, the one or two vandals I've ever heard of would be grateful for broken limbs after I was through making them soil themselves, and it's impossible to mistake my work for any other's. So with neither tricksters, vandals, or thieves there's no need to lock up."
"Um, yes, but if you don't mind we..."
Maredusa holds up a hoof to her and Thryssa stops talking immediately. "Point being, my door is always open to the stallion favored of the royal family, who rumor has it has done much good and made the queen's ambition seem all the more real." She sighs wistfully. "Although I do wish it was fully real right at this very moment. My daughter has the heart of a fashionista and it's both spoiled and wasted by being far away from the world of fanatic good taste, an eye for form, and the 'in thing' changing every two seconds."
"Milady..."
"Oh be patient Thryssa, Sugary already did the heavy lifting with Ally this morning," Maredusa tells her with a touch of annoyance. "That said... whatever you wish to speak to me about, Sugary Market, feel free to do it anytime. Now I've work to do, so I bid you adieu and wish the best upon you and your boss." Maredusa pecks his cheek entirely chastely and slips gracefully around her incredibly lifelike statues and into the shop beyond them.
"Heh... there's a reason Mother treats her like a long-lost sister at times," Thryssa smiles a bit. "When Mother achieves her goal, it'll be the ponies like Maredusa who come out the most ahead, with the blessing of the Sisters to go about her business and enjoy a life of ease and happiness and excellent reputation for art." With that said, she starts again towards the foundry, clearly expecting him to keep up with her casual pace. "After that... tell me what foods you love best and I'll find a place for us to eat them and talk."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 5:57 am

While the mares spoke, Sugary took his time stretching a bit after being coiled up while listening in with intrigue. Pleasant as the hug was, there was no denying Maredusa's strong grip. One had to wonder if she liked him that much, or if she was always that hug-happy when in a good mood. He did find it oddly entertaining to see Thryssa being treated like a filly for her apparent lack of patience though, but even he had to agree there could only be so much time for idle talk when there was work to do, so when it was time to depart, he gave the gorgon a deep bow of respect along with a smile after the kiss he got, and would soon follow the Princess. "Great. You're bound to see me again very soon then. See ya!"

He was admittedly caught a bit off guard when Thryssa soon asked him about food though, but he did know why she did so. It was now a matter of trying to be clear with her as he gave the question a fair bit of thought while humming. "Well... That's a tough one when you were born and raised in fertile farmlands not too far off from the sea. It wasn't hard getting imported good from other places, so even I got to eat something or other from far away even before I went traveling... There's a lot of good stuff I tasted over the years, like sweets of course!" He lightly rubbed his chest wistfully at the thought of it. "My mother used to worry I'd grow chubby eating that a lot as a foal, but I suppose I have my father to thank for that not happening... Work and chores tend to burn that away, so he gets that credit..." He didn't sound particularly fond of talking about his father, but he soon continued normally nonetheless. "Anyway... Point being, despite all the things I did get to taste, there's no denying sweet juicy refreshing fruit. I'll eat just about anything if it has fruit in it... Like the nogales! Tad spicy, but it hits the spot!" He actually drooled mildly at the thought of the local dish he got to taste and quickly grow fond of, before catching himself doing so and wiping his mouth while chuckling. "Eeyup. Nothing like mouth watering dripping nectar for a warm day to appease thirst and appetite... You get what I mean, don't you, Princess?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 am

Thryssa stops when he talks about mouth-watering dripping nectar and eyes him, clearly trying to stop herself from giggling. "Mister Market, you're so fortunate that Lepinora isn't around to hear you say that. She'd unload her entire collection of double ententes in five seconds flat and then proceed to give you too much information about things you desperately did not want to know. Cleverer than she allows anyone to see she might be, but there will come a day when Lepi will learn shame, and it can't come soon enough." She shakes her head as she keeps trotting along. "So you grew up on a farm, working hard, and eventually found yourself inspired to become a Tantalus mercenary." She smiles at him. "So when it comes right down to it, you're a very uncommon common pony. The very image of a citizen soldier, lifted high above his station by being more than just another stallion in armor with an arsenal of spells and an airship."
"And one hay of an arsenal of spells!" A by-now-very familiar voice says from above them.
Thryssa drops her head and sighs, stepping over to a nearby building so she can lightly hit her forehead against it a few times. "Belladonna, why are you here?"
"Pear's family needed her, Sweet's keeping an appointment with an embroidery tutor her parents found," Bella says as she descends lower. "I spent a few minutes considering my options and concluded that Mister Allyosha does not yet hate his life enough, and needs to be inspired."
Thryssa looks up at her steadily. "I wasn't joking, Belladonna."
"I'm not either, at least not about where Pear and Sweet are," Bella says, doing the very pegasus thing of turning on her side and lounging in midair in an aerodynamically impossible manner while her wings flap slowly. "I'm actually here because I was over the square, saw Mister Market and yourself walking somewhere, saw you be stalked and intercepted by Lady Maredusa, and decided to follow along."
Thryssa sighs. "Bella, we're on business. Actual business, between the lady-marshal and her executive officer. I appreciate your issues, your drive, your intellect, but you're still a child and I don't have time to play any games with you. Bother someone else." She pauses. "Please."
Bella sighs and nods. "OK, but for the record Princess, I can help and was planning to."
Thryssa blinks. "Can help how?"
"You want to talk to Mister Alyosha about specializations of his armor design," Bella said. "I do stuff with Nurse Ratchet, so I can help."
The princess stares at her. "How... can you have heard that?"
"After six or seven items on our list involving being very quiet and invisible, we all got kind of good at it," Bella says with a smug look. "Hard to photograph a skittish bug if you scare it."
Thryssa sighs and looks at Sugary. "You've been spending more time around her and her friends than most do, Sugary... what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:06 am

It took a moment for Sugary to realize what Thryssa meant by speaking about innuendos, when he thought back briefly and chuckled with a light blush as to how he must have really sounded as well in a different context. "Eh heh... Well, that's a different kind of craving alright..." And he'd leave it at that, later listening on a brief summary of his own life. He smiled lightly, content in how there was quite a bit about his career worth mentioning, yet her words were true in their simplicity.

That reverie of mind would soon end once a certain mischievous mare appeared. He briefly closed his eyes and sighed lightheartedly as Thryssa banged her head on a wall instead, listening to both mares in their odd conversation before he was needed. "Hello again, Miss Bella... As for what I think..." He took a few steps over to the hovering mare, and lightly booped her nose while staring at her with a cocked eyebrow. "I think she should come with us. Maybe she'll learn more discipline that way and not bother the forge Master further?" He let go of the boop with a lighter smile. "Besides, she already helped this morning... I trust things will be fine."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:23 pm

Belladonna stops flapping her wings at all and crosses her eyes, staring at her booped nose. "...I don't know what to say," she says. "I mean, I know you're fond of me in an exasperated adult kind of way but I was dead certain you had the hots for Princess Thryssa. I think I'm a bit young for you Mister Market, sir. I guess it could be a different matter altogether in Equestria, though."
Thryssa blinks at her. "Belladonna, what in the absolute history of buck are you going on about?"
"Isn't a hoof on the nose some kind of elaborate pony mating ritual?"
The princess gapes at her, her mouth attempting to move in a way that results in words for several seconds. "Elaborate...?! Belladonna... it's..." She stops and clears her throat. "Belladonna, that's a gesture of light friendly affection called, appropriately enough, a 'boop'."
Bella looked curiously at her. "So I was just... booped?"
"You have been booped," Thryssa confirms.
"Ah." Bella starts moving her wings again, having remained suspended in midair the entire time. "I'm not sure how to feel about that."
"I suggest you consider it an honor that Sugary Market has spoken on your behalf and recommends that you come to the foundry with us," Thryssa says dryly. "Now, we've been delayed enough already so mobilize your plot and keep up."
Upon saying this, she gets moving at a change of pace towards the foundry and is already striding inside when Sugary and Bella catch her. The only changelings in sight when they enter are foundry workers who look appropriately stunned to see Thryssa. The thing that breaks them from their stupor is the sight of Bella following Sugary inside, and they at move their gazes to her and panic.
"It's her!"
"It's Belladonna!"
"Hide!"
"Secure the forges!"
"Secure the bellows!"
"RUN!"
And they promptly flee into the foundry in every possible direction, leaving the trio of them standing there. Thryssa stares a moment before turning to look at Bella with an expression of horrified fascination. "What did you DO?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 3:50 am

There was quite a flushed face to be had out of the conversation between Belladonna and Thryssa, Sugary hardly believing what he was hearing from the young mare. Fortunately, the mares talked out the details for him, but that didn't keep his mind from wandering. "Well, she's probably not THAT young..."

"No! What are you thinking!?"

"Same thing as you?"

"Don't change the subject, perv!"

"If we can agree that Thryssa has the better flank, can we cut this out now?"

"... We have come to terms."

Having finished the self-made mental argument with himself, he was glad to know things had sorted themselves out outside his mind as he followed Thryssa to the Foundry once more. As he bore witness to the immediate, yet reasonable, panic attack by the workers, he sighed as he moved a bit farther ahead of the mares to speak up. "Will you all calm down? Princess Thryssa is here for an inspection, and you're panicking over young Belladonna after she helped with testing...? And is Ally here? Ally...!?" He looked around as he called out to the Forge Master.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Numerous changeling heads peer out cautiously around pieces of equipment heavy enough to have a reasonable chance of stopping any Bella-flung objects. "Oh, it's Princess Thryssa."
"And Mister Sugary Market."
"There is a reasonable chance they can and will save us from any disasters caused, encouraged, facilitated, perpetuated, or brought to pass by Belladonna."
"That was one time!" Bella protests.
"But it was traumatic!" one of the workers says with wide scared eyes.
"And then you did it again!" another says.
"The Gallant Tantalus saved us from your tantrum wrath."
"..." Thryssa sighs. "Get your plots out from hiding behind your machines. Royal orders."
"Yes your majesty," the workers say in almost perfect unison, reappearing tentatively from the machines to assemble in front of the trio of visitors.
"Now, forget about Belladonna and tell me where I can find Alyosha," Thryssa says next.
"Hospitaller Refuge," a worker says.
"He went to consult with Nurse Ratchet Limb about armor variant designs," another supplies.
"Is... there any way we can help?"
Thryssa mulls this over. "Actually, I think you can. We need armor specifically fitted to a war form, and integrated pieces that can back natural claw and fang with iron."
"And something that can accommodate bat wings," Belladonna adds. "With some artificial claws and the like."
The workers blink at her and Thryssa turns around to stare. "...yes, but how?"
"You can learn a lot in a dark steam-filled isolated room," Bella says cheerfully. "Don't let anyone ever tell you differently."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
Thryssa coughs. "...the degree to which I don't want to know cannot be expressed in words..."
"Seconded."
"Thirded."
"Fourthed."
"Fifthed."
"Anyway, those are the main specializations I wanted to discuss," Thryssa says, turning away from Bella, who's looking rather confused at the reaction.
"Of course your Majesty."
"And company, of course."
"Right this way." And they're led back towards the testing area, but off to a side where there's a large workroom with its walls heavily papered in blueprints for armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next