A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Sugary was wary the moment he got picked up slightly with levitation, but wasn't feeling threatened as it were. Thryssa would be stared back by still adamant eyes that sought a future without conflict. He was, however, surprised to see what she sought in greater detail. Once he was let back down, he kept staring, never once breaking contact nor blinking as if doing so meant losing a battle of wills. "... So you do want progress... but you want to enforce it? What you really want is to make the others to meet to your standards then? To earn and to show that they are worthy of the new Scarabi? Am I understanding correctly?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Thryssa smiles a little. "Sugary, I'm a military mare, a soldier. Using violent power in the correct way for the correct reason is just as much a part of my identity as my future throne. Yes, I would want to see progress enforced and regress staved off by force. Whether doing both will require force of arms, force of will, force of personality, force of intellect, force of spirit, or some combination of these is unknown to me. What I do know is that if any of these forces or combinations of them are needed, I need only look at my family who I can always depend on. Without Mother working for it in any way, I am the force of arms, Tetti of intellect, Lepi of personality, Chidi of spirit, and Mother of will... and as a family, there's nothing we cannot do." She leans down and very lightly kisses him on the forehead. "I'm sure you can relate, having a family that you love and know you can always count on, and who makes you feel like you're the strongest person in the entire world when they're around." She looks up at the nearest stone structure, which coincidentally seems to resemble the foundry that Sugary visited earlier with Masquerade. "You understand me well, Mister Market; we must be better and if ponies cannot be better, even if they're changelings, they'll be crushed under the wheels of history whether I do anything to them or not."

Last edited by DualThrone on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:06 am

"So... She really is a Warrior deep down..." The more he listened, the more he came to respect her. He still had his reservations about her possible approach should he be around when relations between the societies became more concrete, but he felt that she had her heart in the right place. His concern was that she might be more harsh than necessary with her judgement and her might, which was something he had no way of knowing at the moment.

The kiss, followed by her speech of family, elicited a very light blush from him despite the light lingering tension in him from earlier. He made effort to separate himself from his family to head out on his own, but he was not actively preventing himself from keeping contact with them entirely, so he understood her well even if his family and her family were worlds apart , both literally and figuratively. "... I suppose we do both share in the experience that might can make things right. However, I was distinctly taught not to use my might against those not deserving of it... I'm willing to bet that we won't have to rely on too much force to make that ideal future. But... If it turns out extra is needed to encourage progress in the face of opposition... then we'll do things your way. Sound fair to you? I'd rather more than less managed to be a part of that future without being crushed by anything other than time..." Were he to say that all could be solved without lifting a hoof or causing a few bruises, he'd be a lying hypocrite. Even peace had to be kept with blood, sweat, and tears as he had done so along with fellow Mercenaries along the way. But he knew full well that still only made a part of the effort. Peace had to be wanted after the fighting was over, or all the fighting effort itself would be for nothing. "... I'm sure even you would prefer to have all the fruit you can eat while on stand-by and alert than fighting till you drop... Right?" Maybe it wasn't a very strong point to make by bringing up the fruit, but he would still try to make sure she were actually leaning towards a more calm goal deep down after sharing his words of compromise.

The more he looked at the structures, the more he began to feel like things were familiar. That became especially so in the double of the foundry building. "Wait... This place... I swear I've been here before..." He kept staring at the building as he tried to place why it seemed so familiar, but his thoughts were currently more focused on his conversation with Thryssa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 am

Thryssa laughs softly. "Sugary, you are an idealist despite how seriously you take things and how solemn you are when needs be. Achieving our goal has already taken immense force, although not my sort of force quite yet. Absent the force of Lepi's personality and Tetti's intellect, the critical refinement of the plan that allows its success would never have come to pass. Absent the force of my sweet-natured sister's spirit, success would be a mere hope but Chidi loves her Shining Armor passionately, and he in return. Frankly, the only pony in this scheme who hasn't used force to advance our goals has been me. But fear naught... my time is coming and will soon arrive." Her expression grew grim. "It has long been the terrible duty of the best of us, our greatest queens, to cut away certain gangrenous flesh for the good of the greater body of our people. I hope that if it must be done, you will forgive me for not including you, forgive me for concealing it from you, and forgive me for doing what must be done. At least I'll never have to do what Queen Amaryss did; I'm strong, but I'll never be strong enough to shoulder the same burden that our greatest queen took upon herself."

She pauses for a long moment, her eyes very briefly filled with visible pain, before she smiles and hugs Sugary. "But I'd prefer to think of the emperor's ransom you gave me just to be kind. And I'd much prefer to think and talk of other things, if that's fine with you. For example, Maredusa's skill in recreating the central foundry that Ally and his workers maintain." She gestures towards the structure that Sugary thought familiar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:37 am

While Thryssa laughed about him being an idealist, Sugary was sighing softly. "Good grief... Many years later, and I still get called an idealist... I'm either doing something wrong or something right..." At the very least, her laughter meant the tension was slowly breaking up again, which he preferred after what had been discussed. When she spoke of her 'time' he once again looked at her, but became concerned over her expression. The passion and pride she showed earlier was now replaced with something much more somber he felt, and he wasn't entirely sure why but it bothered him. He also became puzzled in his thoughts as to why it was that he could not aid her in what she might end up doing.

His thoughts and concerns would be abruptly stopped when she hugged him with a smile again, and asked to change the subject. He had no objections to the idea as he smiled back slightly and hugged her in return, showing no hard feelings. "Of course... But please, don't hesitate to ask for my help if you think you need it." It was probably an unnecessary formality given he sought to be employed by her, but anything to try and reassure her and lighten her mood was ideal.

He'd immediately look upon the structure once more as soon as he's told what it's meant to resemble, and the memories of the location flow into his mind like a rapid river. "Oh! It is the foundry! And that must be..." He looked at the buildings closest to the foundry, and the image on his mind ran the time he'd spent back at Scarabi in the same section and what he'd seen. Except for the lack of citizens, he recognized most to be virtually identical. "... It's all here...? Impressive! Where did she find the time?" He was in awe to say the least while another minor detail ran through his mind. He had brought the fruit with him. So, with a slightly broader smile, he activated the Inventory with a brief soft flash of his horn, and right in front of them was a random cooler being levitated. When opened, it had Cantaloupe slices and Pears. "... Want some now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:33 am

"There will be times when I do need your help, Sugary, but cannot have it. There are some things that the heir to the throne needs to do herself or she's failed her people before she even has the throne." She smiles. "We can hash it out later, I promise."
She chuckle a little at his astonishment. "Stonework is Maredusa's form of fun and relaxation. To us, it appears to be nothing but an immense amount of work and effort but when she needs to wind down or just feels like having some fun, she finds some stone and works on it. It's why she has such an intricate home and how her caverns and tunnels appear to be paved in cobblestone: in the last thousand years, she's spent quite a span of time just enjoying herself and letting her muse run free."
She blinks and looks delighted as he summons a cooler and opens it to reveal fresh fruit. "What IS the spell you use to do that, Sugary? Does it have limitations on what it can hold or how much it can hold?"
"And most importantly," Bella says, somehow standing right next to Sugary.
"...do we detect the delicious smells..." Sweet Belle continues, somehow on Sugary's other side.
"...of cantaloupe and pears?" Pearbloom concludes, leaning closer to the cooler with interest.
Thryssa blinks. "...that.. is quite the trick."
"Thank you, your majesty," Sweet smiles.
"We've been workin' hard on it." Pearbloom grins.
"So, Princess, Sugary, share the wealth?" Bella looks hopefully at the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:37 am

Just before Sugary had a chance to explain what was what, he suddenly found himself surrounded by be very curious and likely nosey young mares. He didn't really mind the extra company again though, and kept the cooler open for all of them. "Yes, you three can have some too... Though I was under the impression you three went off on your on... You weren't spying on us, were you?" He was fairly certain they did given how oddly they behaved when they parted ways earlier, but he hardly really minded right now though still needed to make sure things were kept relatively discreet. "Because of you did, I'd rather we kept this to ourselves... Now!" He smiled as he shifted the topic onto his Inventory which he untied and held in front of everyone with his hoof.

"This little bag with runes essentially compacts a number of things that are placed within it with a size reduction enchantment. Some can even be custom made for those that can't use magic so long as they use it responsibly. As for capacity, think of it as an artificial pocket dimension, so it holds plenty though it does in fact have a limit since you can only compact so much at once in a single spot as well as what can be reasonably compacted into it depending on size and mass. Also, there is nothing frail about this thing or the enchantments..." He'd immediately demonstrate the bag's resilience by biting on it and pulling hard with his hoof. Once he was done, the bag was barely any different than before while he moved his mouth in light discomfort while the runes briefly shone as if defending the already tough leather-like material passively. "Wouldn't do to have something like this failing all of a sudden or breaking apart easily. Even an Anti-magic field alone won't disable it right away. I can't stress how dangerous it is for a sudden burst of gear being flung at random, though the failsafe tends to send it away from an owner in the worst case scenario... usually..." He recalled the very rare and few times he saw similar events occur with a light wincing at the memories. In order to immediately focus on less painful thoughts, he took a piece of Cantaloupe and started eating. "Anyway, that's the gist of it... Oh! Yes, one more thing: You could place a small enough living creature in it, but you're better off not doing that if you want to guarantee its safety; For reasons I hope are obvious enough... The coolers are just regular coolers by the way. Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 am

"How can you ask that?" Sweet asks, looking scandalized. "A lady certainly..."
"Of course we were," Bella interrupts with a snort. "C'mon Mister Market... this is a cool place but how many ordinary changelings are ever going to get the chance to hear one of their princesses talk about the exile and the plan to fix it all, and what she thinks about the entire thing?"
"Can't say she's totally wrong neither," Pearbloom adds as she takes a piece of cantaloupe and nibbles it. "Not sure 'bout the everypony needs to be better and gettin' revenge but it ain't ever going to be the same. Can't be; Celestia sorta chose allies 'stead of subjects, yanno?"
"Yeah, and we're gonna be buckin' awesome allies." Bella grins as she takes a slice too.
"Bella!" Sweet exclaims. "Mind your..." and she stops when Bella stuffs a large piece of melon into her mouth with a cheeky grin.
Thryssa gave them an amused look and took a pear, biting into it. "Mmm...~! Thank you for that explanation, Sugary... that's an exceptional piece of equipment you have. Perhaps sometime Tetti could study its construction and its magic to see if she could replicate it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 am

Sugary grins slightly mischievously at the young mares. "Is that so? Perhaps you should try specializing as spies then. Lady Masquerade told me it was a rather harsh and thorough training regime during her time. But I'm sure you gals will do just fine when it's your turn." He genuinely admired their spirit for the cause, of course. But he also wanted to test their resolve depending on whether or not they knew about the hard training Masquerade had told him about. It might also give him insight on where they were planning to pour their focus to depending on how varied the Changeling military was spread or generalized, which he knew little of so far.

Looking at Thryssa again, he thought about her request carefully. "As for sharing the design... I could do that, sure. But it might be easier if I tried to pull a few old strings and ask for pre-made recipes and techniques too. Though some of that information is sort of a trade secret depending on who you ask..." He smiled, thinking back on his earlier days as a Merc. "The one who made and gave me mine said it was an early gift meant for pros, but I think he was just trying to keep my spirits high. Having and using it is as much a part of my job as is the rest of my gear and training. Same goes for most of the others in the Guild."

After the quick briefing and reminiscing, he looked down slightly and realized that he was still hugging Thryssa after all this time since he never actually let her go since after their initial argument. It wasn't so much that he hadn't noticed rather than him being comfortable with it, though he did wonder just how much longer they'd all stay as close as they were in the mirror town. "... So, shall we keep touring, or...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:11 am

"None of us have guise expertise," Sweet shrugged. "It's a skill that can be trained but to be successful, you have to have a gift for it."
"An' as much as cutie marks don't tell ya what yer fate is, it's not wise ta go down one specific path," Pearbloom added. "At least, not till ya have one."
Bella just grimaced and said nothing at all, drawing quick looks from her friends who noticeably don't comment on her expression or her lack of reply.
Thryssa furrowed her brow a little as well but apparently decided that it wasn't worth her time and looks to Sugary as she takes another pear. "Whatever you can do, Mister Market, although I think Tetti would most enjoy the challenge of dismantling and building her own inventory bag."
The Trio look at one another, grin, and look at Sugary. "Tour!"
Thryssa chuckles. "Tour."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 am

Seeing Bella grimace was a bit of a red flag for him, but he was otherwise pleased enough with the attitude of the other two young mares. Although a bigger concern for him was when Thryssa spoke of Tettidora dismantling his Inventory Bag, to which he responded by holding it very close and trying it back up quickly. "Yes, I'm sure she would enjoy that..." He doubted she'd break it, but he was most certainly going to try and get another one first if he could before having to part with his number one tool for long.

Seeing the young trio gingerly look to him for the choice of the tour, he gained a more cheery demeanor still, let go of Thryssa, and took a couple steps in a random direction. "Okay! Tour it i-..." Then he stopped in place and looked to the young mares and then at Thryssa somewhat sheepishly. "Eh heh... I don't know where to go from here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Thryssa laughs at Sugary clutching his inventory bag close to him as if someone was going to steal it suddenly. "Calm yourself, Sugary... I don't mean that Tetti would literally dismantle it. She'd figuratively take it apart and put it back together to learn how it works so she could make more of it."
She looks around. "Well... to be honest, the only thing there is to see is empty duplicates of buildings that exist in Scarabi. I suppose we could wander around and admire how exactly Maredusa and Mara Belle imitate existing structures but it's not as if there's anything here that doesn't exist in the city." She pauses and thinks. "Well, except for the part where the cavern version of the palace is on the ground in the center of the duplicated city but I seem to recall that you've already been there, Mister Market."
"We haven't, Princess," Bella points out.
Thryssa eyes her. "I'm not sure why you'd want to. It's not as if the bare walls and rooms of the palace with nopony in them are particularly interesting. There's no carpets, furniture, fixtures, or any of Lepinora's art. It's just... dead stone with no one in it." Her expression becomes slightly sad. "And really, the last thing I'd enjoy seeing is my home completely empty of life, love, and everything that makes it home."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:57 pm

((Shadow of Scarabi))

Sugary chuckled at Thryssa for a moment about Tettidora. "I figured, but I'm keeping cautious. Seen one too many Scholars get a bit too eager to study, and she kinda reminds me of them..."

When the topic went back to the tour itself, he noted Thryssa's expression rather well, so he took a moment to consider what to do as he looked around the marvelously crafted look-alike of Scarabi. He too shared in the feeling of emptiness of a familiar looking place that was eerilie quiet except for their group. "A duplicate... Duplicate... Oh!" He got an idea that might help satisfy the overal needs of the group just there and then. "Okay... How about this then... These mares want to be in the military, right? Why not go to a few key areas that need to be kept in mind for guarding the city properly? You know, see this place as a model and use it to point out details like that while there's no one to interrupt. If you don't want to go to the castle model, then the mares will just have to earn their way into the real one like they might anyway... Then we can head back to the city and everyone else. Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:03 pm

"Well, yes, Tetti tends to be a little on the overly-eager side when she feels like studying things." Thryssa chuckles. "I see it as mildly cute, but that's because I'm her older sister."
"Ponytails make everything cute," Bella grins. "As your sister seems to have figured out."
Thryssa gives her a dim look as Sugary makes his suggestion, and then looks at him. "Hmm... well, it certainly couldn't hurt if they were ever called up as militia from the general population. Plus, it gives us an excuse to actually do something with this life-sized model of Scarabi."
"Ah'm game, Princess," Pearbloom beams.
"As am I," Sweet nods.
"Me three, and there ya go." Bella grins at Sugary. "Nice job, Mister Market."
Thryssa gives Sugary a brief smile and a chaste peck on the cheek before looking at the three older fillies. "One of the first major points to keep in mind is this foundry, which we're standing in front of," she says. "Its position makes it a chokepoint from the direction of the entrance, and it's well-built enough to serve as a strong fallback if it become necessary to withdraw. Having the forges in operation, moreover, means that we retain the capacity to build and repair metal components of things with very little trouble, which will become much more important in the future if a certain mercenary with his very own airship chooses to make this his home."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:23 am

With yet another kiss to him, Sugary felt a little more eager to do better as a merc and as a stallion for Thryssa, if subtly. Every show of affection did not go unnoticed thus far, and gave him more to think on for when he finally got around to keeing his promise to date her as he stared back at her with a broad smile. "I think you know my answer to that. I've made my choice..." He paused briefly before continuing with the topic of the tour after looking into her eyes, again and perhaps just a bit longer than he should have before looking at the Foundry and surrounding buildings.

"That's convenient. A fight of attrition will be made that much easier to be sure..." He then stared at the young mares as well, glad to see that they liked his suggestion thus far. "In case you were wondering, I got the idea from the founders and current Commanders of the guild. Places that were well known would have small scale models made after them for planning. Simple, and effective for performing general tasks later on even if dolls are sometimes used... Which would make this place perfect for some exercise drills being full scale and, again, the general populace doesn't need to be disturbed..." He then looks upwards towards the ceiling of the cave, but was actually focusing high up on the rooftops and general airspace. "This spot covers the ground route well... But where would a great vantage point be at a higher area? Aside from the real castle, that is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:34 am

"A fight of attrition isn't what we're after, Mister Market," Thryssa says. "We'll lose a fight of attrition since we're always going to be less numerous than whomever we're at war with. The idea is to create a battle situation where they're stopped dead and can be effectively drawn, pinned, and bled on our defenses while we suffer no casualties at all."
"Well, we're never going to suffer no casualties," Bella says. "But excellent defensive positions and superior armor--the second of which is going to come from you Mister Market, sir--will be the difference. That, and we are naturally like scaled-down versions of alicorns with the ability to fly with very precise maneuverability and the capacity for horn magic, which means that every one of us can be a host unto ourselves with proper training and abundant assistance from the Royal Family."
There was a long and pregnant pause as her two friends gaped at Bella with dropped jaws and Thryssa stared at her with very clear surprise. Bella looks around at the open astonishment and her ears fall, and her face turns bright embarrassed red.
"That is... a brilliant summary, Belladonna," Thryssa finally says, patting the filly's shoulder. "You're very well-learned in military tactics and theory. Well-done."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 am

Sugary smiled broadly as Belladonna spoke. Humbled by her straighforward input. "Well, with enough of a fighting spirit, you can take on a whole army of evil alone if you must...!" He purposely paused, trying to get the attention of the young mares most of all. "... But an excellent assessment, miss. One should always consider things from a 1 on 1 perspective at the very least. Fact is, I just don't know the exact force Scarabi has at its disposal, so I got a lot to learn in due time. I'll be keeping your words in mind to be sure."

He then tuned his attention back to Thyssa. "Alright, so we covered the benefits of the foundry, and a quick lesson on local strategy. Do we keep touring for more lessons, or should we head back? I'm feeling well enough to keep up..." "Especially with that invigorating lick to the horn..." He thought quickly.  "... But it is getting late, isn't it?" Thoughts of pleasurable accidental affections aside, he was unsure what the others needed to do with their time, so the suggstion wasn't sudden nor out of place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:17 am

Thryssa laughs. "All you need is fighting spirit and you can take on whole armies, huh?" She smiles with a touch of sadness and leans down to nuzzle him and kiss his cheek. "You have a strong heart, Sugary Market, and a zealous spirit. But I fear that things are never quite that easy... I wish they were, however, because there would be so many less dead and fewer cripples. Fewer tears, fewer graves, less pain, less suffering, fewer lives destroyed... if only we could persevere with naught but strong and valiant hearts, zealous for a righteous cause."
"Maybe things will be different now, Princess," Sweet Belle offers timidly. "Things are bound to change now, aren't they?"
Thryssa raises her head and looks curiously at Sweet. "Excuse me?"
"Well, things are totally different now, aren't they?" Pearbloom ventures. "Last week, everything was sort of normal, all pre-determined and working well and just humming along just fine and just like it always does."
"Now Princess Tetti is banging with a handsome pegasus and a valiant merc from wherever with his own airship, own world, own experiences, own magic, and own neat stuff is going to stay here." Bella pats Sugary's barrel with a wing. "I'm sure the Queen thinks he's the owl's whiskers and I get that Maredusa and Mara Belle think he's the best thing since sliced bread. So Sugary Market here is staying and he's clearly Crown Prince material, ain't he?"
Thryssa looks very taken-aback. "Um..."
"See, you know we're right about this." Bella grins. "So you've got the gallant Tantalus here and he's the sort of considerate, strong-hearted stallion who can totally be a Crown Prince is you wanted, and an XO besides all that. Things ain't ever gonna be the same ever again, Princess. So, yanno..."
"...why can't things end up so that strong hearts and zeal for a good cause make all the difference?" Sweet smiles. "We're on a happy precipice, Your Highness."

Thryssa swallows and blushes, clearing her throat uncomfortably and looking both ways in a clear attempt to find a way to change the subject. "Anyway! Uh... aerial defense, right? So, aerial defense... solid structures with peaked stone roofs. Really excellent shields against aerial attack so we can cover that direction if we take early positions. We fly with great ease so it shouldn't be a problem." She swallows and looks at Sugary as if begging him to rescue her from the situation by offering some kind of input.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:35 am

Sugary had intentionally made his comment to help raise the spirit and mood of the group he was with, and it seemed to have worked rather well... So well in fact, that the incredibly honest and straightforward young mares were making rather bold claims way ahead of time to the point that his face had gone just as crimson as the older mare in front of him if not more so. For the first time in a long time, he truly felt his heart afflutter since he had no way to retort what he was hearing, it was a grand proclamation, and once again he was being told he'd be a good mate to the very same mare that was still in front of him.

He heard what Thryssa said, but his thoughts were still reeling from what the youger mares said earlier, an it didn't help that they were all around him. He was nothing short of nervous; And not the sort of nervousness that came with deciding to go through with a mission as a merc, but the sort of nervousness that would make a foal shy away from even the silliest of things, though there was nothing silly about this moment... Still, the feeling in his stomach would not go away, and so he felt out of place. "Ah... Er... Y-Yes... The buildings are rather sturdy looking. Even if you were poor flyers, I'm sure you know this place like the back of your hoof to defend it with excellence... N-Not that you're bad at flying! I'm sure those lovely wings of yours aren't just for show..." He then mentally scolded himself for making sweet talk about Thryssa's wings when it wasn't necessary... Or maybe it was the right time? Who knows, he felt awkward enough as is. He fidgeted a fair bit where he stood as Thryssa was still giving him that pleading look, and so he resorted to pulling out his pocket watch to look at the time rather briefly. "Wow! It's getting late! We really should get back to town...! And you girls need to go back home, your parents might get worried...!" He was just winging it at this point, but his own subconcious rooted him on at least. "Please, let these mares have curfew. Please, let these mares have curfew. Please, let these mares have curfew..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:09 pm

The three fillies look between themselves and start laughing. It's not just chuckles and giggles, they're going completely all-out.
"Mister Market, I do believe that we've just been..." Thryssa pauses, thinking of the word. "Well, I think the term is punk'd but Lepi would know it better than I do. It's sort of a popular culture word that has no actual meaning unless you're younger than 20. Which Lepi actually isn't but she's decided to take on the mindset so she understands."
"N... no... totally serious..." Bella gasps. "Meant... everything we said... was just enjoying making the two of you... totally die from embarrassment."
Thryssa narrows her eyes at the rowdy member of the trio, although she's still practically glowing red with embarrassment and nervousness. "I have ropes, Belladonna, and would happily send you back home gift-wrapped."
That sobers Bella instantly and her eyes open very wide. "P... p... please, don't do that. Seriously Princess... please don't send me home."
Thryssa's brow furrows. "Um... excuse me?"
"Just... please don't. Please." Bella is starting to look very frightened. "Dungeons are totally cool, but please don't just... send me home."
Thryssa stares at her, as do her friends. "Belladonna, you look terrified." Her eyes narrow dangerously. "But please do on... why are you so terrified?"
"N.. no reason..."
"Please, Belladonna... I'm not smart like my sisters but I'm not stupid. That's an obvious lie." She turns to the other two. "Do either of you know?"
"Yes, yer majesty," Pearbloom replies. "It... ain't whatcha think. She don't get abused or beat on or nothin'. Just... it ain't a thing ta talk about, yanno?"
This visibly confuses Thryssa. "So she has no reason for her terror but is terrified nonetheless?"
"Yes, Your Highness," Sweet says. "We know her reason, and it's not for fear of harm. And she does not fear her home, just being sent home."
Thryssa eyes Sweet before she appears to get it. "Ah, I believe I understand then." She smirks. "I'll send the lot of you back to the city gift-wrapped and you will then go home."
"Can we skip the gift-wrappin'?" Pearbloom asked hopefully.
"You're only objecting because you can't be gift-wrapped for..."
"...an' that's enough of that." Pearbloom interrupts by stuffing a hoof in Bella's muzzle. "We'd be grateful for the transport though, Princess."
Thryssa grins a moment before nodding. "One quick run to the city, coming right up." She lights her horn and without any noticeable effort, the three disappear in flashes of greenish light. She smiles at Sugary. "So... what next?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:36 am

Sugary's face was stoic and rather serious looking when Belladonna seemed to have issue being returned home. Only with insistent input from the other young mares did he choose not to press the issue further himself, though it still nagged him at the back of his mind.

Since it seemed they left on a good note, he was fairly sure they'd be fine as he was once again alone with Thryssa in the old full model of Scarabi. He'd return her smile with a subtle one of his own. "... I guess we may as well make our way back too. Maybe there's something happening in town by now. Unless you'd rather we stay here for more briefing?" He then thought about the fact that, despite all the time they had been with each other on this day, most of it was spent in the company of others. The last time they were alone, or at least, the time they thought they were alone, he had learned what drove Thryssa's motives. "... Or we could just keep talking about something else while we're here. I'm all ears."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 am

Thryssa leans down and kisses the tip of his horn very, very lightly. "I'm sure you are, Sugary," she smiles as she follows the kiss on his horn with a very light nosing. "Based on this day alone, I think that we can look forward to an exceptional working relationship when you have all your health and confidence back. Perhaps we can look forward to more than that, perhaps, but that's entirely up to you and up to the requirements of the political situation at the time that anything more becomes truly possible."
She sighs and pulls back a little. "Which is the part that really, really stinks about being the heir to the throne: there are immense advantages to be had with the right marriage and by now, the certain noble families who would offer those advantages know better than to suggest a marriage with a sub-par stallion. In a kingdom of hundreds of thousands, and absolutely no reason not to fully enjoy the simple and glorious pleasure of being surrounded by the love and warmth of a large family, there are enough intelligent and worthy bachelors to supply a hundred heirs with a happy union."
She chuckles. "I have no clue at all why I'm suddenly starting to gush about marriage complications to a stallion I met mere days ago. These are not your problems." The princess pauses and seems to talk to herself although she's clearly meaning for Sugary to hear this too. "Yes, these are not your problems but realistically, when else would I talk to you about this? It's something to keep in mind always, and something to make sure any eligible stallion is aware of. Because to be blunt, Sugary Market, those fillies have big mouths and a devilish sense of humor but they were... not wrong. A military stallion, independently successful, exotic for his foreign home, already well-liked by the changelings who meet him, approved of by my mother and the most stalwart and important ally of the Hive Throne, handsome with a pleasant personality, and already open to being the first non-changeling pony placed at the top of our military hierarchy, is a very serious prospect."
She grins. "And now that I've probably made you horribly uncomfortable and slightly confused... let's walk this scale model and discuss defensive features of Scarabi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 pm

It was debateable as to how a unicorn's horn would or would not be affected by an outside force. Sugary's own was somewhat dulled and made thick and blunt through direct use for the sake of tempering it for combat and even for using it to ram an opponent, as well as to aid in literally giving him a thicker skull for survival over time. And yet, once again, he stood with a perfect posture, neither leaning closer nor away from Thryssa as she licked it rather deliberately despite what she was told earlier about uncorn horns. He wasn't losing his mind in any way, just struggling to keep still as his tail twitched, his heart was racing, his hormones were being provoked, and his breathing deepened and slowed down while pleasure ran down his spine and body, letting out a light snort when she stopped... Of course, it was all really brief and subtle like her own efforts were, but then again hardly any other females ever showed him affection precisely like that so it may as well have felt like it lasted much longer. Even the nosing to him afterwards sent a somewhat strong pleasant tingle where it had made contact.

He really did listen to her though; The silence in the place they were in and her show of affection guaranteed it fully. At first he thought she was just venting about something she had to deal with as heir to the throne, but the more she spoke, the more it sounded like she was inviting him to actually try before someone else got to her first. Were it the case, he had to admit, it was a rather unique challenge full of uncertain rewards... It certainly sparked his thirst for adventure in a different way from the usual. It was also probably unintentionally flattering in every way. "Guess I'll just have to do my best after all." With a twinkle in his eyes, he met her grin with an energetic smile. "No more unusual than what's happened so far. I'm feeling quite alright actually... So what else can we discuss about fortifications?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:30 am

Thryssa actually giggles a moment at his light snort in response to having his horn kissed and then being nosed at by her. "Are all unicorns so sensitive to light affection as you are, Sugary? Because you seem to get twitchy when I touch you and I'm aware that I don't know as much about stallions as my shut-in bookish sister does." She pauses to let herself digest that. "...I am the living breathing avatar of has-no-life-at-all..."

"Well like all wall fortifications, the weak point in Scarabi's walls are going to be the gates. It's simply impossible to build a mechanism as solid as an immobile wall and expect it to move, so the gates are going to be a weak point. It's our intention, however, to also make them a choke point because they're set unusually far forward in the thick walls so that when an enemy breaks through them, we can concentrate soldiers in the short tunnel and force them to fight at a fraction of their numerical strength while we use murder holes in the roof to deploy weapons like heated sand, boiling tar, and other things that can inflict mass casualties. If worse comes to worse, we can simply collapse the tunnel and make it impassable.
"The walls themselves are very thick and built on a natural rock formation, which means we don't believe it's possible to undermine them and battering them would be a waste. The only way up is ladders and the walls are designed to jut out and then in so any climber would have to get to the top and make a small leap. As you pointed out, aerial defenses are always going to be much more difficult, although the fact that the palace floats above makes it easier since it narrows the vertical possibilities for fliers and assaulting the palace would be foolhardy to an extreme due to the concentration of the Throne and Honor Guard, as well as Mother's presence. The fact that all of Scarabi is made of stone also presents fantastic defensive possibilities because foes would have to batter their way into any redoubt and buildings can be sacrificed to impose very difficult barriers to ground forces."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:07 am

"It's not like I get that much affection on a regular basis..." Said Sugary to Thryssa in a low voice, though it wasn't in any way meant to sound unpleasant, only true a statement. While she spoke to him about her apparent lack of 'life', he considered for a moment what he did with his. "... Can't say I regret my choices. I made it this far after all..." He also entertained the thought of her claiming to have no life yet considering sharing her life with a mate anyway. But that was somethin he'd try and address later.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised you use your homeland security so thoroughly. I'm not sure I can offer much aside from maybe making some sinkhole or quicksand traps further out. In a place with so much raw sand and soil, I'd say it might be worth considering for slowing down opponents at least..." While looking at locations that might correlate with what Thryssa was telling him about, he began to consider more about the actual forces themselves. Just then, he reminded himself of the encounter with the scouts at the Everfree border and the unique forms they had. He looked at Thryssa from top to bottom for a moment as his curiosity devised his next question to her. "... By the way... That form used by the scouts that seemed like wolves. Is that something that varies with location, or is it a general alternate fighting form? Also... Would you show me yours?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    

Back to top Go down

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next