A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

One's True Calling. [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun May 25, 2014 3:06 am

Verde hears the call of the guards, twitching her ear towards them as she tilts her head back and forth, studying Hoodwink. "I can't say I recognize you, sir," she says honestly. "The wanted posters for a thief named 'Hoodwink' are marvelously vague and certainly not accurate; I find it hard to believe that any criminal, except perhaps a con artist, has the kind of plot lonely mares dream about. My personal speculation is that the unfortunate felon been subjected to the winsome fantasies of a sketch artist with an unhealthy taste for debonair bad colts."

Her horn gets brighter. "As to meddling in your affairs, I beg your pardon most assiduously, although I'm given to understand that it's the duty of every law-abiding citizen to interfere and frustrate the objects of criminals whenever possible. In that spirit, I think the approaching city guard has offered an excellent proposal that should efficiently ameliorate our present difficulties. Terribly sorry, sir; I've no doubt that you are a more refined and less dangerous manner of law-breaker than is normally encountered in the night." And with that, she attempts to wrap Hoodwink in several bands of telekinetic magic, starting first with restraining his front hooves and then quickly binding his nmzzle such that he couldn't grip anything with his mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 28, 2014 12:58 am

While the telekinetic band around his muzzle surprised the thief and managed to stick, he was far too quick on his hooves for the others; dropping from the rope and rotating in mid-fall to land on them, his movement immediately became erratic as he ran full pelt at a wall, hit it at full speed and bounced off with enough force to grab the top of the rope and haul himself up through the skylight he had originally entered from.

The stallion heard the yell from down below. An attempted mutter of "oh bollocks" was stopped by the infuriating telekinetic band keeping his muzzle shut, much to his great annoyance. He unhooked his rope and pressed himself up against the shop roof, flat as he could go, waiting for an opportunity to flee unseen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 28, 2014 1:26 am

The gas has long since gone and Heartstring finally was able to drop his bubble shield, though he kept the other one up around Verde. Though it didn't last for long as she he undid his first bubble shield, his world spun. And when it spun his second bubble shield 'popped' and he felt his legs wobble in place. He'd spent a lot of magic today and hadn't nearly rested enough to return to full strength. Well it's not like he had planned for this vigilante escapade, so he was for the most part spent on his energy.

He whispered to himself. "That doesn't feel right..." The glow of his horn and his markings died down and he looked to the Guard's that were arriving closer. Heartstring at the moment couldn't find much strength in his legs to move closer, but he did keep up the appearance that he looked fine. He gazed right inside, as much as the dimly lit store would allow. "Is everything alright?" He heard the other voice from inside, but from the distance he was at outside the store, he couldn't quite make out who it was in the darkness of the store.

Shimmerz finally came to a decision and his drunken state had just stopped and was replaced with anger. "THIEVES!!" he yelled out. "GUARDS!! THIEVES!! THEY'RE BREAKING INTO MY STORE!!"

The guard's had arrived well within distance of the store and the large stallion guard looked right as Heartstring and narrowed his vision upon him. "Freeze!" he firmly stated to him, while the second unicorn pony, who was following in tow, faced toward's the store calling to those inside her horn glowing red. "Come out of there, nice and slow!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 28, 2014 2:42 am

"Oh, bollocks," Verde sighs. "The local constabulary tends to make things so much more complicated than things need to be. Oh well..." She looks up towards the skylight. "You know, in a majority of circumstances, the strategy of making yourself unseen and waiting until the law leaves so you might go would be a brilliant idea. However, I'm afraid that my magic is mine and I can know where it might be within a certain distance. I can know where it is... and can manipulate it. Now, don't struggle."

Hoodwink would feel the band around his muzzle get warm, and then the slight electric sensation of the magic forming a bridle around his head, and then wrapping around all four hooves and his barrel in a lattice of force that is clearly meant to provide full support to a body in midair--which, moments later, Hoodwink would be. He'd now be able to see Verde fully in the light of her horn as she guides him carefully through the skylight and down into view of the guard unicorn who's just now entering the shop. She smiles pleasantly to the guard and gestures with her head towards Hoodwink. "Good evening, Guard. Meet your sneak-thief; I regret I had to prybar the doors of this fine establishment to capture him for you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 30, 2014 3:07 am

Hoodwink snarled as he was dangled down into the skylight. He glared at the cocky mare with an angry gaze; whether or not she was with Wither, now he very much wanted to see her brought down a peg.

He thrashed against the magical bonds, seemingly just struggling for the sake of it with nothing else left to do or try beyond sit back and be arrested; in reality he was trying to loosen and let fall one of his vials to get him out of this. Frankly any of them would do; he had more of his knockout gas, poison gas and explosives all tucked into the lining of his cloak, anyone of those would provide a decent distraction.

Struggling against the magic at least yielded the use of his mouth again as the bands were focused more on his limbs. "You do realise that this is assault right?" He directed at Verde while nodding to the guard. "Evening officer, Hoodwink at your service."

He certainly had some gall on him if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 30, 2014 4:38 am

Well here they were at the hooves of the Crystal Empire Guards. Shimmerz could only loudly yell at the guard. "Throw them all in jail! All of them, you hear me!? All thieves the lot of them!"

The larger stallion guard shifted his gaze a moment to Shimmerz and then back to Heartstring as if telling him 'You move and I'll break you'. The only thing Heartstring could do was keep his cool and collected composure and lightly nod his head. The large stallion Guard looked over at Shimmerz. "Sir, we're going to need to lower your voice and keep quiet."

Shimmerz was then hit with a sudden realization. "Pooky?!" He looked to his store. "Pooky?! Is my Pooky okay?"

This sudden yell of 'Pooky' confused the stallion and he looked around to his partner, who kept her gaze focused on Verde and Hoodwinked. The guard looked back to Shimmerz. "Sir, what is this 'Pooky?' "

Shimmerz looked frantic and called out to Pooky. He bounced in place and looked between his store and the guard. "Pooky is my dog, I left him in there for a short while and I was coming to pick him up."

Heartstring only just stood there looking at this person, who appeared to be the owner of the place. Heartstring barely felt his strength in his leg's and he hoped they didn't have to move anytime soon, so that he may recover at least his leg strength to be able to walk normally. In the meantime, he just kept silent and observed, he shifted his gaze over to the situation with the other guard and his new...friend? Possibly, Verde.

The Unicorn guard kept a focused gaze on Verde and Hoodwink and she was attempting to mentally asses the situation just by what she saw. From the looks of it the one tied up, who had just introduced himself as Hoodwink, was captured by the rather well spoken Unicorn. The Unicorn guard's horn still kept glowing, she wasn't lowering her guard though the situation seemed pacified.

Well she couldn't just go an assume what had happened. She stepped back and narrows her eyes. "I'm going to need you to slowly put him down and relinquish your bind on him, Ma'am." It's not like she could just take the words of random ponies who she had found breaking into a store. Either one of them could be the culprit. "Nice and slow now and if either of you try anything funny." Orange bolts of electricity bounced around the Unicorn Guard's horn emphasizing how serious she was. "So make sure you also keep your hooves she I can see them."

The larger stallion looked at Shimmerz. "Sir, you're going to have to give us a moment before we can let you head inside." He looked toward's Heartstring and Phoebe. "You two, I'm going to need you both to head over here." He stated pointing his hoof at the side walk in front of the store window.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Hoodwink looked at Verde with a pleasant smile that belayed a great amount of smugness. "Quite, what kind of society would we live in if any random unicorn could take the law into her own hands? Now if you would let me down so we can resolve this little misunderstanding that would be wonderful my dear." He requested.

His cloak and hat still managed to defy gravity and stay in place even while he was hung upside down like that; clearly this Earth Pony had access to some enchantments beyond the gas he had used on the store, even though obviously he had no magic of his own because if he did he would've simply been able to escape Verde's spell.

He was confident though; the bag of bits he had swiped was currently resting on the rooftop anyway. It would be a simple matter to retrieve it later.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Aside from the current standings of our main characters, let us push an eye towards what was occurring in the background. Something that had been brewing for quite sometime. Of course, this is merely just food for thought, but through all this time, in the shadows, there had been quite a few hooded ponies moving beyond the public's eye successfully, rather they seemed to only exist in shadows and when they stepped out of it. They disappeared all together.

They moved to where those tiny black crystals were and from their robes they drew out a watering can and tilted it over the black crystal. Yet water didn't fall from the watering can. Something else poured from it, a power of some kind drizzled upon the black crystals. As it came in contact with the black crystals it was just absorbed into the crystal and it began to grow bigger and bigger and bigger.

Of course this is quietly going on in the shadows of the Crystal Empire.

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Verde looks vaguely surprised at Hoodwink's words. "Misunderstanding?" She visibly considers this. "Well, alright. I'm willing to accept that what appears to be a thief, who asks if I'm with what is apparently a rival of his, and alludes to wanted posters with him on it, and is found on a ceiling of a shop that's been broken into prior to me entering, with the owner's dog knocked out abruptly, and flees through a skylight when I've entered, could be a victim of a misunderstanding." She smiles pleasantly at him and covers her body with a skintight barrier before floating him over to stand near the guard and dissipates her magical restraints although he can still feel the faint tingle of a 'collar' of magic around his neck that would allow her to quickly grab him again. "So, I and this worthy guard and these other delightsome ponies are all ears, sir."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Heartstring mentally cursed himself for hoping that they would take longer. He glanced at the ground and then at the stallion guard who urged him to move. He only nodded his head and moved carefully. He didn't move quickly so as to keep himself from falling over. He was indeed grateful that the distance wasn't too far, because if it was he probably would have crumbled under his own weight. Though there he stood along aside Verde and Hoodwink and gazing at the guards that were starting to question them.

The unicorn guard didn't look to pleased by this at all and just kept a glare upon Hoodwink. From what she was able to tell, out of all the ones here, Hoodwink was up to something. This was going to be an interesting conversation to say the least. After Verde had finally put Hoodwink down, the guard looked right at Hoodwink. "Right then, I'm going to have you start talking first."

The stallion guard stood next to her and kept his eyes on the others.

Shimmerz looked extremely anxious as he wanted to just run in his store and see if his dog was okay, but the guard had told him to wait, but the only thing he was able to do was comment and so he did. "Just haul them away, there's no need to question them. They broke into my store. They're thieves, all of them."

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:51 pm

"Certainly, if you will politely tell our unicorn friend to release the strand of magic she still has tightened around my neck ready to snap it or strangle me at a moments notice." He said affably with a grin. "I am no fool Miss. But to answer you more immediately, I think you will find that this shop was in fact already broken into before I got here; you can of course debate the morality of wandering onto a potential crime scene but if you wish to search me then by all means do so. Everything I carry is my own which I use for urban exploration. It's a hobby." He finished with a shrug.

Hoodwink had ditched what he could onto the roof the moment he'd felt the magic tightening. While some of what he was carrying was indeed still suspect, like vials of Poison Joke Spores, there was nothing illegal on his person and his urban exploration excuse would certainly account for the climbing hooks and grappling gear.

Hoodwink turned to Heartstring with a slightly confused expression. "Pardon me sir but I don't think I saw you in here when myself and this mare had our little misunderstanding?" He asked as he held out his hoof to Heartstring.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:57 pm

"Excuse me, sir, but being a thief requires an element of theft," Verde says to the obviously inebriated owner. "I've taken nothing from your shop and as such, cannot be called a thief. Granted, the use of a crowbar to force the front doors is certainly... not entirely legal but that would be more along the lines of destruction of private property or vandalism or some other related crime. I imagine that the possession of a crowbar could, if the fine guardponies were feeling particularly zealous, be construed as possession of burglary tools but again, that's not theft."

She eyes Hoodwink and smirks, then grins, and then it turns into a genuine chuckle. "Well aren't you possessed of a silver tongue, Mister Hoodwink. You know quite well that the collar is no more meant to strangle or kill than the band about your muzzle was meant to break your jaw though if the guards wish it, I could remove it...?" She glances at the guards to see what they say to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:31 pm

These two were certainly a unique type of character, least in Heartstring's opinion. It's quite rare, at least for him, to come across a pair who were so...extroverted as these two that they'd just prattle on even when facing authority. This to say the least intrigued him and compared to them, he kept quiet while he stood there. When attention had been brought his way, instead of lifting a hoof to meet Hoodwink's. Heartstring's response was a simple light bow of his head. "I do believe you have more pressing matters to attend to."

The Unicorn stallion was rather annoyed with all the talking that was going on and her face didn't show that she was pleased by the rambling that was going on. Her tone sharp. "If you all are done speaking, I'm am recommending that you all stay quiet." She shifted her glance over at Verde. "I am going to ask that you drop all your binding's from him." she spoke as politely as she could, but her tone did not sound pleasant. she would then look to Hoodwink and ask. "Hobby or not, the fact remains that you are trespassing onto private property."

Shimmerz seemed to glow with anger from Verde's comment and he glared at her. He was going to say something, but he was halted by the stallion guard and just through body gestures alone the stallion guard had told him to be quiet.

Pooky had begun to stir from his slumber. The Unicorn stallion looked to each of them all and then back to Hoodwink. "Is there anything else that I should be made aware of?"

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:27 pm

"Very well," Verde shrugged, dousing the magic 'collar' although she keeps the skintight barrier up. "The encounter is more of an adventure anyway." She glances at Hoodwink and grins a little, and he gets the distinct impression that she has no trouble seeing through his silver tongue and innocent act. "Especially an encounter with a debonair thief."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:45 pm

It appears that with the silence of Hoodwink there doesn't seem to be anything that the Unicorn guard should be made aware of. So she turned her eyes to Verde, of course she was aware of keeping her senses open and using her peripheral's to keep a close eye on Hoodwink. "Now let us hear your side of the story." she asked Verde. She would hear them out first before making final assumption's on what should be done.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:50 pm

"Right then, if that's all that you need from me I'll just be off then. Mister Shimmers, if you need to speak to me further I will be staying at the Crystal Berry Inn." Hoodwink said with a doff of his hat before sidling over to the front door. "Miss Verde, Mr Heartstring, it has been an absolute pleasure." He said with a quick bow to them before moving further over to the door.

As the stallion got to the glass fronted door something occurred to him; he couldn't describe exactly what it was, a hunch, a deduction, something he had subconsciously seen, but whatever the case as soon as he reached for the door all he could see was an image flashing in front of him, of himself crumpling to the floor in a heap the moment he opened the door and falling flat to the floor never to get up again.

He hesitated with his hoof outstretched toward the door, frozen in mid-action.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 pm

"I arrived in the city along with my mother this evening," Verde replied, her eyes visibly watching Hoodwink as he turned to walk out of the door, giving him a quick grin and polite nod as he bids them good evening. Her eyes return to meet those of the guard as she continues. "My plan is to journey by hoof and other means through Equestria to my home in Canterlot, getting as much direct experience with the real world as I can. I parted with my mother and walked in this direction, whereupon I met Heartstring," she nods in his direction "laying on a bench resting and Miss Phoebe," again a nod in her direction "occupied with a book. At this point, a small dog within this shop began to bark but immediately stopped in a way that sounded as if the dog was being restrained or otherwise silenced by something that acted quickly and yet was silent and painless, thus no yipping. In my mind, this amounted to someone silencing the dog without malice but with a need to prevent alert, the hallmark of a thief. As a crowbar happens to be a fantastically useful tool with innumerably applications conducive to the goals of a traveler such as myself, I had one on hoof and proposed its use to the nearest two ponies to me for the purposes of adventure. This proposed adventure was attempting to disrupt the objectives of a thief by interrupting them in the act via the forcible entry into the establishment being burgled. With some distraction, on the part of Phoebe, and some entirely understandable reluctance, on the part of Heartstring, both consented to this action and I used the crowbar to force the door as efficiently as I could to reduce damage to a minimum. Upon the opening of the door, we observed some sort of heavier-than-air gas which had been the apparent tool to render the dog unconscious, and both I and Heartstring projected airtight barriers to prevent contact with it. The thief then called out to us, addressing us as 'Withers' and recommending that we count our feathers--I happen to have forty-two feathers of various species in my saddlebags--and then showed himself and expressed some mild surprise that I didn't recognize him from wanted posters. I replied that the wanted posters didn't quite resemble him because they appeared to have been rendered by a lonely mare, or a stallion if you wish to be as fair as possible, who projected a fantasy of a stallion with the ideal plot onto their rendering of the thief. I then attempted to restrain the stallion, whom has identified himself as Hoodwink in your hearing, but was only able to catch hold of his muzzle, whereupon the owner arrived and called for your assistance and you arrived to find me using a full-body restraint spell on Hoodwink with the addition of a support frame so as to safely levitate him from his hiding place on the roof down to the ground floor. From that point on, you have been a witness to everything that's happened."

She gives the guard a pleasant smile, a pleasant smile that fades when her eyes flit towards Hoodwink and she notices him frozen in place. Her brow furrows and she tilts her head slightly. "Mister Hoodwink, sir, is something the matter?" Her voice, perhaps surprisingly, has a tone of real and genuine concern which is likely occasioned by the fact that the stallion who had hitherto proven to be unflappable was clearly paralyzed with something he either thinks or senses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Hoodwink had to be made of some special kind of stupid. Heartstring at this point would only look away as Hoodwink was bidding his farewells. The Unicorn guard wasn't pleased in the slightest. Of course this had to happen in the midst of Verde's, rather thorough, explanation of her point of view. The Unicorn stallion guard was indeed listening to Verde's view, of course she missed the point from which her attention turned towards Hoodwink who thought leaving on his own would be a good idea.

Whatever Hoodwink had envisioned himself being would come true pretty soon as a chained electrified collar shot from the Unicorn guard's horn and would attempt to shut around the thief who thought it was a good idea to excuse himself without permission from a particularly trigger happy guard. If Hoodwink did resist the attempt, than he'd come to experience what it would feel like to get shocked with an ample amount of voltage that would bring somepony down.

The stallion guard was listening intently as Verde explained herself and took in his own mental notes so that he may confer with his partner about what they should do to deal with them all. Of course he was surprised by Hoodwink's action of trying to leave.

Pooky on the inside of the store had finally awoken and stretched his body out and even released a tiny yawn as it was refocusing upon where it was and fully waking itself up. Pooky's ears twitched to the noise outside the store and would walk over to the front entrance.

Last edited by Heartstring on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited: spelling error)
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:05 am

Hoodwink didn't even seem to react to the collar around his neck at first. When he finally did he slowly put down his hoof onto the floor and let out a sigh; not a sigh of defeat or of annoyance but one of exasperation as he looked out onto the darkened street.

"Miss Guard, Mr Shimmer, Mr Heartstring and Miss Tin... we may need to vacate the building. As in, as soon as equinely possible." Hoodwink said simply; from across the street they could see two shadowy figures holding a strange object between them. The shadows around them were unnatural and looked like dark magic, identity concealing magic no doubt.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:53 am

Verde looks at the collar around Hoodwink's neck and then glances at the unicorn guard with slight amusement, her mouth quirked. "I see. So I restrain him with a harmless collar around his neck and it's bad but you restrain him with an electrified one," she comments in a very lightly teasing tone. Right afterwards, Hoodwink makes his remark and the amusement went out of her expression. "I beg your pardon most sincerely, honored Guard, but if what Mister Hoodwink sees is a threat, and his tone and expression say that much, I should have need of a weapon and it happens that I have one." She wraps her magic around her blade and very slowly draws it from its sheath, keeping it pointed down and away from the guard, moving carefully and as nonthreatening as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:29 pm

The Unicorn guard kept her unpleasant face as Hoodwink told them that they should vacate. She arched a brow. "Is that suppose to be a threat?" The stallion guard looked to Verde who wrapped her magic around a blade and slowly drew it out. The stallion stepped forward and sternly spoke. "I highly suggest that you leave that where it is." From the guard's stand point, their backs were facing these shadowed figures, so the only one's capable of coming to noticing anything were Hoodwink, Verde, and Heartstring. The Unicorn guard narrowed her eyes. "It seems like you all are just insulting my authority. You all are going to be detained."

Heartstring was only biding his time and gathering his strength, but he kept his attention to what was going on. Truthfully he questioned the intelligence of those beside him with how they were acting around the Crystal Empire's guard. Surely, just acting like this around figures of authority was never a good thing especially when one looks to be so trigger happy and...did Verde try to pull a knife out?

Actually now that he thought on this Heartstring couldn't help but just start laughing. The reaction's were genuine and unexpected to Heartstring and he somehow just found amusement in all of this. Heartstring was to busy laughing at the situation to really notice the seriousness of Hoodwink's warning.

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:36 am

"And with due respect, sir, I highly suggest you make ready to defend yourselves," Verde replies, resting the tip of the long blade against the floor with the sharp side towards herself to emphasize the lack of threat. "For while none of us would dream of threatening or harming legitimate authorities doing their duty, we are not the only ones here." A mirror slips out of her saddlebag, one with a very slight convex shape so that it displays the entirety of what's behind the guards, and what she and Hoodwink are currently seeing. Her horn begins to glow brighter, preparing to erect a barrier between those in the shop and the ponies outside of it at a moment's notice, as she moves the mirror in front of her face so the guards can see why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Meanwhile elsewhere around the Crystal Empire. Shadow cloaked figures hopped from shadow to shadow 'watering' these dark crystals. Which began growing at a much quicker rate, also at the same time they began to infuse themselves in with the building, every so slowly, infecting the building's lustrous shine and darkening it. Of course this is starting out from the city borders and moving inward, so it would take sometime before anyone noticed, especially since it's happening in the dark shadows where no pony would be at, at this time of night.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Hoodwink looked more annoyed than anything as he saw the object the two shadowed ponies were carrying between them; he recognised the magic amplifier from the last time he had tangled with Wither and Diamond Tip. Indeed it had been him who had helped them to steal it, though granted if he had actually known what he was stealing he would have immediately destroyed it rather than leave it in their hooves.

"Not to alarm anyone TOO much but this building is, if my guess is right, about to be blasted with the equivalent of 100 concussive force spells." Hoodwink said calmly as he backed up toward the guard. "A swift exit would be nice, which is hard to do with a collar around me neck!" He growled the last bit at the unicorn guard, the first time the stallion had shown any real signs of annoyance or even any emotion beyond his cocky arrogance.

The threat of being blasted into dust tended to provoke that reaction, unsurprisingly.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:18 pm

The Unicorn guard was only getting more annoyed at Verde, Hoodwink and the now laughing Unicorn stallion Heartstring. It was almost as if they were trying to make a mockery of their authority, at least that's how it came across in her head. Though her thought's didn't change for the moment, well at least until she casually took a glance at Verde's mirror, which shown her what was behind them.

Behind them; the store's glass front, the street lamp, the bench that Heartstring was on earlier and then across the street covered in darkness was two figures and some strange object. "What on earth?" she mumbled as she turned to look at what they were talking about. Well she'll be damned they were giving an actually warning and not...per say...mocking her authority.

When the unicorn guard turned to look outside so did the stallion guard who took notice as well and took a half-step back in surprise.

Heartstring's laughter slowly died down as he was controlling himself, he was in quite the pleasant mood now after that laugh. Even though everyone else was in such a serious mood. By this point Heartstring caught wind of what Hoodwink said about the blast being the equivalent of 100 concussive force spells. "Well that would be quite unpleasant." He managed by this point to recover enough energy to be able to run and move without tumbling over, but not enough to be able to shoot out huge spells. On top of that, he didn't think he knew any magic, in his repertoire, that is capable of holding off 100 concussive force blasts. That amount of power was just a bit much for him to handle, especially since his magic reverses are in the red.

Pooky ran over at the smell of his master and wagged it's tail happily. Shimmerz looks to his doggy and picked him up. "Pooky!" he was quite happy to see that his dog was safe and unharmed. Though he was quite worried about what was going to happen. Of course he too was ready to run at a moments notice.

The unicorn guard stammered a moment before shouting out one simple word. "RUN!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   

Back to top Go down

One's True Calling. [Private]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next