A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

One's True Calling. [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat May 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Crystal Empire Army
Charlie and Bravo did their best to help out carrying the lamppost. Though it could be noted that they did struggle with the weight of it, just a bit, while they were hovering. Though things were moving along and coming into place. Charlie would groan as he held the lamppost in place as Verde was moving the lamppost into position.

"Say Bravo any...grr...any news on that evac?"

Bravo groaned a bit as well, they both recognized what Verde was attempting to do and it was a good idea. Her would look up to the skies and then shake his head. "Not yet, they should be arriving soon though."

They held the lamppost in place until Verde dragged over some debris that could be used as the fulcrum.

Heartstring

He still laid underneath the rubble. It could be noticed that the occasional sparks that bounced off the rocks at least told them one thing. He was still alive. Though the funny thing that could be mentioned just being in the proximity near Heartstring one could feel their coat just stand on end.

Medical Evac

High in the sky, still a distance away, four pegasi were flying high in the sky, dressed in white with a large red plus sign on the sides of their outfits. Helmets that covered their head similar to what Charlie and Bravo were wearing. In between the pegasi, they looked to be carrying a sort of platform.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Hoodwink once again had to battle his instincts to not flee outright; wincing a bit in preparation he laid laid himself down as close to Heartstring as the rubble would allow. He had to hear for himself that the red unicorn was still breathing, guards be damned, and the sigh of relief when he heard and saw clear signs of life again was very audible. Part of his coat on the cheek was sticking up when he rose up again after confirming for himself that Heartstring was alive; even though the pain in his ribs was only minor now and even that was fading, Hoodwink continued to act as if his ribs were broken in hopes that the two guards would hurry up with the medical team if they felt they had more than one injured pony.

"Right, hurry up and get them here, Heartstring and Ms Verde need medical evac." Hoodwink agreed with the guards, conveniently leaving himself out of that list of ponies; no way was he allowing himself to be taken by the guards, and silently he really wished he had some way to stash his cloak and hat away; if anything was going to give away his identity it would be those. "I just need to go and fetch my bag." Shockingly that wasn't actually a lie as the stallion had in fact lost one of his saddlebags near the first building he had climbed but it provided a good excuse to be out of the guards eyesight as he slowly sidestepped away from the group.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:57 pm

Verde pauses in her dragging the makeshift folcrum and quirks an eyebrow at him. "Are you taking the piss? Wot you on about, mate? You're clearly injured, whereas I'm just tired, and Heart's good and proper buried." She appears to be not fooled by his act for a second, although she contents herself with sighing and shaking her head before. "Whatever, time to help the pretty pony." She leans herself down, squares her shoulders, and uses a combination of weak magic and sheer main strength to shove the debris over and over, roughly rolling it, sweating visibly and muttering under her breath as she moves it along to where it's positioned directly under the lamppost. She eyes it, scooting it one way and another so that the lamppost can rest easily and securely on it, before moving closer to the end with the actual lamp on it and grabbing it, moving it so that the business end of the makeshift lever is slightly off-center from the debris they're trying to lift, guaranteeing that it will tend to tumble off to a side and away from Heartstring if they lift it successfully.

"Right then, lads and gents... lets give it a good pull." She trots over to where the two guards are holding the other end and gathers herself, jumping up very slightly and hooking her front legs over it and then just hangs there, two hundred pounds of pony and gear acting as dead weight to use mechanical advantage to at least try to help the buried Heart. "Alright then, everybody up! Let's see if we can't use some glorious principles of engineering to save a fabulous flank of stallion. Don't worry about the sharply-dressed blighter, he'll do right by us." And so a sweating emerald-green mare in heavy saddlbags hangs in midair, her muscles straining for dear life to keep her where she is and adding weight to their side of the lever. "Hope your medical ponies get here double quick because this here's a temporary solution at best, and a less than optimal lever."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Crystal Empire Army

Charlie and Bravo were holding the lamppost in place while Verde pushed the fulcrum over, though Charlie was looking at Hoodwink who was attempting to hear if Heartstring was still alive. Though it was an amusing sight to see when Hoodwink lifted his head and had some of his hair and clothes sticking up. After Verde spoke to Hoodwink Charlie would speak up after that as he and Bravo was helping Verde with pushing down the lamppost to help lift the large rock.

"Yeah, don't even think about leaving. I told you, you're all coming with us." His tone was serious. With the combined efforts of Verde, Charlie and Bravo, they succeeded in lifting off the larger of the debris and it safely tumbled away from Heartstring.

Heartstring

Heartstring was indeed breathing, though it was quite weak. When the largest of the rubble was finally removed, More of Heartstring's body could be seen. He was quite dirty, and his coat didn't seem so vibrant right now, rather he looked to have turned a shade redder in some areas. The reason for that being that it was blood mixing with his coat. His chest was barely moving up and down, but he was indeed breathing.

Medical Evac

Medical evac was flying in by this point. They came by and drifted down slowly lowering not to far from where Hoodwink, Verde and Heartstring were at. In fact they 'blocked' Hoodwink's path. It would be seen that on the platform a heavily robed pony stood there. His robes covered his entirely so his appearance couldn't be seen. The only thing that stuck out was his raspberry red horn. It was slightly longer than the normal, but it wasn't as long as Heartstrings, while Heartstring's horn had seven 'rings' to it, this one had five.

Upon the platform aside from this robed pony, were large stretchers that could carry pony sized patients, and to the corners, bolted down, were a bunch of cabinets that were filled with all sorts of medical equipment. Once they landed, one of the pegasus would unhook themselves and walk over to where Hoodwink, Verde, Heartstring, Charlie and Bravo were at. She would then speak loudly for her team to hear and her voice would reveal her to be a woman. "Team, take care of the injured. Arch-magus, please handle transport of the one within the rubble." Aside from her white outfit with the medical red cross on it's side, her wings were quite the beautiful shade of sky blue. Her eyes would dart between Hoodwink, Verde and then the Charlie and Bravo. She would focus her attention. "I take it you two are with the team that were sent out here earlier."

To which they would both reply with a nod of their heads. She would then speak after this. "You and the rest of the squads that were sent out here are, by say of the Princess, ordered to return to the castle immediately. Medical Evac will handle the injured here. A clean up team will be sent out shortly to handle the rest."

Of in the distance in various parts of the sky there were more platforms flying in in various areas of the 'battleground'.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Hoodwink tried slipping away sneakily, like a soft breath of wind escaping between the cracks of the rubble, like the tiniest of black ants sneaking away into the dark night.... like a stallion in a midnight blue cloak and hat being told to stay put because the outfit blended in as subtly as a firework display with the crystal empire. The stallion grumbled something to himself as Charlie called him back before he turned around to face the stallion; with a defiant smirk, the stallion continued walking toward the ruined building to get his bag, feinting a run with every step to make Charlie believe with every move that he was about to run off and disappear across what was left of the rooftops.

"No one orders me around." He grumbled under his breath as he fished his bag out from under a pile of what had once been a house and reattached the saddlebag to his side. He returned as the guards were being ordered back to the castle for clean up and medical evac.

"Clean up teams...?" Hoodwink asked, looking around at the rubble surrounding them. "Yeah you might just need to break out the dustpan and brush." He deadpanned; he didn't believe this guard knew what the Tartarus had just torn this place up and she was underestimating it. "All I'm saying lady, if you see any black crystals you don't bloody touch them." He insisted to her, shuddering at the thought. "Now if it's all the same to you, I have a date with a hot meal." He said, sweeping his cloak, realising that would draw attention to his outfit, and stopped it mid swish.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:25 am

"Well, it's about bloody time!" Verde quenches the annoyed expression for a moment as she looks worriedly at the bleeding Heart. "Seriously... the poor thing is pretty damn bloody. Hopefully no collapsed ribs... or lungs... or broken bone nicking an artery... and I'm not a medical pony at all but I know my fluid dynamics and flexible hose plumbing and..." She pants a little from the exertion she'd just put on herself and demanded of the two guards, and then jettisons the act completely. "I'm afraid I'm not moving until I see that stallion on that stretcher under medical supervision... because I'll be bucked... if I get hauled away for treatment... when I'm just worn out and the stallion that just bucking saved our plots and probably saved a lot of this city lies there bleeding and thrashed." She unsheathes the crowbar and plants it in the rubble nearest her, a gesture of defiance that would probably be vastly more effective if she wasn't slumping against the crowbar and clearly needing the solid length of metal to remain upright. "Take Heartstring first. Me and the handsome bloke playing rebel will be fine." She manages to turn and look very pointedly at Hoodwink. "He'll stick around, whatever's coming out of his mouth at the moment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Crystal Empire Army

Charlie and Bravo were both surprised at the Medical Evac. ponies telling them they were to leave.

"Wait a minute!" Charlie stated loudly, but soon after, both Charlie and Bravo lifted a hoof to their helmets, and you could hear Charlie suck his teeth in. "....Fine....we're on our way, sir." Charlie stated to the helmets communications system. Charlie looked to Verde and Hoodwink. "You two, keep safe...come on Bravo, I got a commander to bitch out."

They both didn't seem pleased by the given order and they took off and flew away.

Medical Evac

The robed ponies horn would glow a deep red, as his magical aura would cover Heartstrings form as Verde and Hoodwink were talking.

The other three pegasi would unhook themselves from the platform and began to get things prepared on the platform. Making sure the stretcher that was there was available for the pony that was being brought it, and then sifting through various cabinets for various instruments having it at the ready.

The mare would wait patiently for both of them to finish talking. Once they were done her first response to this was. "Are you done now?" It was a rhetorical question as she didn't wait for a response. "Your friend here is on the top of the list for care, so you have no worries as to whether or not we'll give him medical attention. You two will be coming with us as well, I do hope we don't have to resort to force, so please choose wisely." Her tone was serious and she stood there awaiting their answer, shifting her gaze back and forth between Verde and Hoodwink. She didn't move or make herself appear anymore menacing than her white outfit, helmet, and sky blue wings made her appear.

Heartstring

The red aura began to cover his form, and once that covered his form completely Heartstring would be lifted off the ground and pulled free from the rubble. He'd float over from that spot through the air, and would be carefully placed on the prepared stretcher, to which when the red aura disappeared, the other three medical ponies, would get to work.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:19 am

Hoodwink hung back with his hat brim pulled down as he waited for the medical team to do what they did best; as much as he wanted to tell them to hurry their flanks up but held his tongue when they lifted Heartstring onto a stretcher, aware that was a lot safer than his idea to simply haul him out of the rubble and make a wild gallop for the nearest hospital that hadn't been knocked down like a pile of child's building blocks by the worm beast.

"I'm coming with him." Hoodwink said defiantly to the medical evac team. "I hope you're ready to accept that because I'm either coming with you or-" He cut himself off as the captain ordered them to come with them anyway. "...you heard the mare!" He said swiftly, tipping his hat and swishing his tail to try and cover up that embarrassing little show of misplaced bravado. "Miss Verde, I assume you're still coming with us right?" He asked her, standing next to Heartstring and trying not to look at the red stallion for too long; he'd seen quite enough of ponies on stretchers in Trottingham.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Verde grins at the mare, looking genuinely unworried. "Ma'am, you can use whatever force you like, as long as it ends with me heading in the same direction as those fabulous, festively-painted flanks. Hay, I'd even be willing to let you give me a ride, if you asked sincerely enough." She nods in Hoodwink's direction. "If you don't mind bringing him along too, that'd be swell." The mare could tell that Verde heard her just fine, but has apparently decided that being mouthy would be entertaining. Before anything could be done about this, however, the crowbar slips and Verde quite literally faceplants in the rubble. "Or you could leave me here for a nice rubble nap, whatever works," she says around her mouthful of broken building. "I'm OK, by the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Medical Evac

The Mare who was speaking out to Verde and Hoodwink stood there awaiting their response, as she watched Hoodwink from the corner of her eye and saw that he willingly came aboard the platform and then shifted her gaze toward's Verde for her response...which ended with Verde face planting.

"Excuse me, Sir, i'm going to need for you to wait over there." said one of the Medical ponies that were working on Heartstring as he pointed a hoof to an empty area on the platform that was out of the way of their work space, but still on the platform itself.

The Mare would walk up a small smile on her face as her voice stopped being stern, but was kind and gentle. "Come now, let us get you onto your hooves." She would assist in helping Verde get to her hooves and to help her get to the platform should she require the help. "If you have any pains anywhere, then just tell us and we'll help cure it and you don't have to worry about Heartstring, he'll be just fine."

Heartstring

Heartstring was currently laying on the stretcher being attended to by the medical ponies, who were quick and precise at their work.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

"Too bad these buildings don't taste like sweets as much as they look like them eh?" Hoodwink snarked as he offered a hoof to help Verde up from her little slip along with the captain, picking up the crowbar too in case they left that behind when they left with Heartstring; the stallion was still noticeably antsy about simply leaving Heartstring in the care of strangers even if they were medics, but considering his idea of medical treatment amounted to knocking Heartstring out with the crowbar in place of painkillers...

He quickly decided his medical skills would not be appreciated by the storyteller this time.

"Make sure you get him to the hospital alright? Best care." Hoodwink insisted to the medics. "I don't know how your medical care works here but if he needs to pay for treatment send me the bill." The stallion said, seeming more sincere than typically.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:08 am

"It's an acquired taste, I think," Verde replies brightly to Hoodwink as she accepts the help of him and the kindly mare. "Why, with enough practice and experience doing dusty and filthy work in pursuit of my intended craft, I'm sure I'll come to eat mouthfuls of demolished building for a light evening snack." She pauses to let this hang in the air for a second. "Hmm... yeah, I'm not buying it either. I'm sure I'll get used to getting face and mouth full of all sorts of disgusting chemicals and flotsam when I'm doing serious engineering, but I'm sure it's not safe for pony consumption." Helped onto the flying platform, she uses her magic to brandish the crowbar with a little flourish and tuck it smoothly into its carrying loop on her frontal saddlebag. "I almost wish it was otherwise--almost--because the idea of being so connected to my work that I can survive off of it is sorta... pleasant to think about. And engineering is a very skilled and well-paid profession due to the rarity of a serious facility with the associated mathematics and an obsessive love of all things physics, chemical, and mechanical. Long and the short of it is, I'm with the handsome and shifty bloke here: if bills need paying, I'll work what I can to make it good. Heartstring did a noble and self-sacrificing thing and I intend to see him properly treated for it."

She looks to The Mare. "I take it that you're some kind of official, a pony of merit and skill enough that what you say goes." She holds out a hoof to the other pony. "I'm Verde Tin. If there's any debriefing you need to do, any questions you have, any investigation that's required, I'll be happy to cooperate in every respect. I've got no skeletons in my closest and the times I've skated too close to the line, I had a good enough reason to confess it and take my licks. So whatever you need from me, whatever you want to know, just ask."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Medical Evac

These two, Hoodwink and Verde, seemed rather nice and kind. Be it because Heartstring did what he did or some other reason, not many would normally go out of their way and demand such a thing as to making sure he doesn't have to worry about his medical bills. The mare would only smile and nod her head as she helped Verde to the platform, once they were both on the platform, she would speak gently to them. "Let's not worry about that for now, for the moment, I would prefer it if you all rested and relaxed until your friend, Heartstring, recovers. Any questioning will arrive later after you both recovered well. For now we need to vacate from here."

She would bow her head lightly to Verde and Hoodwink as she turned her head to the robed pony who stood calmly and quietly, with only a single protruding raspberry red horn striking out of his robe. "Set up the force field, we're heading home."

The unicorn would nod his head and his horn would glow. and lining the edges of the platform they were all on five red semi-transparent walls would appear, four to surround them all and one to act as a ceiling.

The mare would glance back at Verde Tin and then took off her helmet. A sky blue pegasus mare would be revealed, with large blue eyes, and a medium length hair that hung off to the right side of her face stopping short just past her eyes. Much like Heartstring, she too had facial markings done up in a similar style to Heartstrings, except that hers held a more 'wing-like' design to them, especially around her eyes leading to her ears. "My name is Cherish Joy, please keep seated, we're going to be airborne very soon." she'd state as she would walk away from them heading to a spot in the platform that held what looked like embedded hoof marks on them and she would step upon them. Once she did, the markings upon her face began to glow and upon her wings, markings began to crawl upon them and glow a gentle blue color, on the ground itself would be runic markings popping up around Cherish Joy's hooves.

It wasn't too long after that before the platform would rise up off the ground, floating straight up into the sky.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:41 am

"Hey, aren't those markings the same as- wait what do you mean airborne? Hold on I'll walk, I hate fl-" Hoodwink didn't have time to say how much he hated not having solid ground to put his hooves on that the piece of ground they were standing on began to shake and eventually detach from the ground entirely as the mare in front of them glowed and the markings that he had seen on her face were revealed to extend to her wings too, which were spread out as the runic marks appeared on the ground around them as it lifted off.

"AS I WAS ABOUT TO SAY!" Hoodwink shouted, clinging to the ground as best he could. "I'm not particularly a fan of being in flight!!" The stallion yelled at Cherish Joy, obviously terrified at the very idea of leaving the ground in such a way that he could fall any distance; it was very jarring considering all the acrobatics the stallion pulled off and how he casually ran across rooftops, and his change in attitude was so sudden as if someone had flicked a light that a deep rooted phobia seemed likely more than a simple dislike or preference.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:36 am

Verde laughs merrily at Hoodwink's discomfort. "C'mon! You do rope tricks and acrobatic feats that would make any sane pony mess themselves every other second. Think of being up here, with no control of the flight, as the highest tier practice you'll ever have. A good artist of the high wire can fall from thrice this distance and stick the landing; I've seen it, no nets, no fooling. Getting acclimated to this elevation will make you better at whatever you do, give you confidence, and if you stop and think in a clever way you can think of how the skill will make you impossible to catch. Sane ponies don't make high jumps, but skilled ponies can."

She walks over to one of the railings and leans against it with a genuine lack of concern for how close she is to the edge and how high up they're flying. The casualness is quite clearly feigned, because as Cherish Joy's markings glow and runes on the platform respond, her eyes narrow very slightly and focus. Lock and key magitech. Well, well, well... "Those are some really beautiful markings Milady Joy," she says as the mare starts the platform off the ground. "They look like markings I've seen before, in fact, and unless I'm immensely mistaken, there are certain stylistic peculiarities to their form that make me think that a similar artist did yours and the others I've seen." She lets that rest a minute or so, turning to look over the railing as the ground drops away. "So how do you know Heartstring ma'am, if the question isn't too forward?" There's a tiny edge to the question, the sort that hints at the questioner either knowing the answer or suspecting it very strongly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Medical Evac

Cherish Joy would keep her main focus to keeping the platform airborne, but she indeed listen to what the other two were saying. Though with Hoodwink yelling, one of the nurses that were there tending to Heartstring would look to him. "Keep your volume controlled!" The nurse would then go back to tending to Heartstring, the others didn't seem bothered at all by being airborne like this, maybe because they were use to it at this point.

The archmagus kept his horn a glow, keeping the red semi-transparent walls around the platform to protect ponies from falling off, and also manipulate the gravity within, enough so, so that the things within wouldn't be affected by the movement as if they never left the ground in the first place.

Once they achieved a high enough altitude, they would begin to take flight. Though the direction they were heading certainly wasn't towards the Crystal Empire's nearest hospital. Cherish Joy would give a pleasant smile to Verde's and Hoodwink's observation about her markings. "Well thank you for the compliment, my husband is a great job with these." she stated as she would giggle pleasantly. "As for how I know Heartstring, well it's simple really." she would have a small pause and a serene almost nostalgic kind of smile crossed her face. "I was the one who gave birth to that lovely little pony."

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:26 am

Once Hoodwink had gotten over his shivering, whimpering fear which he had already decided he would file away as lulling all around him into a false sense of security if he was ever asked, the caped stallion stood on shaky legs once he was told to knock it off by the nurse attending to Heartstring... or rather one of many of them, he had to remind himself with another shot of anxiety into his heart as he wondered how badly Heartstring must've been hurt to warrant so much medical attention.

"Yes yes love I hear you. Just fix him." Hoodwink snapped at the nurse, losing his temper visibly for the first time in front of the officials before he coughed politely and rearranged his hat, trying to draw attention away from that while Cherish Joy spoke.

"Wait, what?" Hoodwink asked when she mentioned giving birth to Heartstring; he wasn't so much surprised or shocked as much as he sounded oddly afraid. "You're his, mother?" He asked, looking between Heartstring and Cherish a few times before he visibly sagged. "I'm... so sorry." He mumbled out, slumping down as all the ways he could've helped, all the ways he could've prevented this and why the buck he had to stand on that stupid crystal ran through the stallion's head, obviously everything of the last few hours was crashing down on him at once.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:44 am

"Yes, your husband has quite the eye for contour and aesthetic flow," Verde says with her own smile. "And your son is by far the prettiest stallion I've ever met. Also possessed of an impressive reserve of magical strength; given what we know now, what we witnessed him do, I'm astonished that we didn't meet him passing from a gathering of magi to an opulent home of some kind. In my limited experience, those with significant magical gifts may be be treated as nobility inherently, but extraordinary wealth flows to extraordinary talent if there's even the slightest instinct for promoting oneself. I get the feeling, from his personality and exotic looks, that Heartstring has the heart of the showstallion, the storyteller, the spellbinding maker of myth and the extraordinary. If Professor Motor Heart is any indication, passion for the art gives you a type of magic that needs no horn or wing, and I suspect that your son has that spark in him." She looks over at Hoodwink. "Just like this one has the heart of a gentlestallion if you watch closely enough and look in the right places to see it peak out when he's not looking," she adds, speaking loudly enough that Hoodwink could hear her as well. "Selfish ponies aren't known to be crushed by their conscience when unfortunate things happen that they had no power to stop."

She turns back to Cherish and does her best to bow elegantly to the mare, the hanging crowbar just barely avoiding clocking her in the jaw when she does so and the weight in her saddlebags making her visibly have to brace her front legs harder than normal to avoid stumbling. "You have a special son, Milady Joy, as I'm sure you're very aware. If you'd consent, I should like to be able to visit him from time to time as he recovers from his heroism. Until I finish my long walk, I have no obligations or business other than to live in the world outside a workshop." She straightens again with effort, wearing a smile of nostalgia very much like Cherish's. "Like your son, I have an impressive mother and to be a better and greater pony than her is what she wants most for me. Personally, I don't think that's possible; I know of no better pony than my mum, however hard she tries to hide it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Medical Evac

Cherish would hear what Hoodwink had to say and all she could to was serenely smile as her gaze shifted to attention to Verde, who seemed more comfortable being high up than Hoodwink did. Her ears would twitch gently as she kept the flight path on course. She would giggle as the compliments that shot her way and her cheeks were a tint pink as she smiled. "Oh, now there is no need to be so formal, please do call me Cherish. It's a treasure to hear such compliments, and I thank you for them." She would shift her glance toward's Heartstring who was laying on the bed being patched up by the nurses before shifting her gaze back toward's Verde. "You both may be able to visit him as you wish, I don't usually get to see his friends, rather I'm a little surprised he has any, from his letters he usually tells me he doesn't stay long enough to be able to make any as he just does his job and then leaves shortly there after." she would shake her head and chuckle lightly before her attention shifted to Hoodwink. "Now, you there gentlecolt, worry yourself none. There is no need to apologize, Heartstring is a headstrong stallion, who tends to jump head first into things quickly with little regard for his own safety. He'll be just fine, so chin up and smiles abound."

Looking back to Verde as she winked at her. "Please have yourself a seat, put your saddle bags down and relax, we'll be airborne for quite a bit."

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Hoodwink didn't look like the words helped him much as he stayed slouched back on his hindlegs, grabbing his hat and throwing it at the floor as if he felt he had somehow lost the right to wear it. "There wouldn't have been a situation for him to jump into if soft arse over here hadn't stepped on the stupid crystal." He growled, sounding angrier than he had at any point before this though it was quite clearly all aimed at himself and no one else.

"You might as well drop me off at the prison." Hoodwink said dejectedly when Cherish mentioned they would be airborne for a bit. "Nearly cause a disaster, hurt a friend by being stupid and now I get to be arrested, I'm really going out of my way to make this a memorable one aren't I?" He spat, glaring at the floor as if it had done him a great personal wrong; with his hat swept off they could finally see his long and messy brown mane, clearly washed but allowed to stick out and grow in any direction it pleased underneath his hat.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 am

"I'll be happy to take a seat Cherish, but these saddlebags are comfortable how they are," Verde says as she finds a place near where she's standing by the railings to seat herself. "They're intraspace-frame saddlebags that I modified from a professional spelunking design that allows a pony to easily carry a very significant weight of supplies without feeling the weight due to the supporting frame, selectively stiffened harness pieces, and careful attention paid to weight distribution. I'd hate to unbuckle them, because then I'd have to move things around to compensate for the shift in weight when I took them off or lose the benefit."

When Hoodwink speaks, a veritable torrent of self-recrimination and disgust, Verde simple stares at him for several moments. She then gets out of her seat, walks over to him, and lightly smacks him across the jaw, enough to sting without doing any harm. "Pull yourself together stallion!" She commands as she steps back. "You're brash, so what, every young adult is. You didn't think it through, but I don't care and Cherish Joy doesn't care and I'm pretty sure Heartstring doesn't much care either. Get over yourself and gather some of that smug moxie you wear over your real face when you're on a job. Screw your courage to the sticking place and get ready for more of the same, miserable, hard, emotionally taxing pile of horseapples tomorrow, because that's how you get ready for tomorrow even when tomorrow isn't a bad day at all. You've got the moves, Hoodwink, and the touch of arrogance that tells everyone that you're the best and can look any one of us in the eye and smirk." She magically picks up his hat and brings it closer to her face, turning it over and rotating it. "See this, this is the hat of somepony who's going somewhere and is gonna be someone someday. Best time to start is today, Hoodwink. You're one helluva tea leaf already, so play it up and be the best damn tea leaf any city in Equestria has ever seen. Betcha one of these days you're gonna lift something that gets your legend on every front page and I'm gonna say 'Yeah, I knew that guy when he was actually dumb enough to think he couldn't cut it' and then I'm gonna laugh my plot off. Because I'm totally gonna be right about you, and you're totally gonna be wrong, and I love being right."

She gives him a wide white grin and forcefully plops the hat back on his head. "Now get your danglies out of the saddlebag, and kick some plot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Medical Evac

Cherish listened to the words of both the ponies, attentively she listened and when Hoodwink made some less than savory comments, she frowned a motherly worry. She didn't make much comment as Verde handled Hoodwink, quite well she might add. She smiled a little.

"Heartstring when he was a little colt would also go on about wondrous tales of gallant adventures and strangers coming together for a single purpose, and through that purpose developing an excellent and most unbreakable bond with each other. I ponder sometimes, could it be that he was foreseeing something to happen in his future? I thought it was a bit amusing to listen to him go on and on."

She'd looked back ahead and she continued. "But if his words did hold any sort of meaning, worry yourself none. It's going to be the start of a long and wondrous tale of strangers who become important to one another and seeing you feel so distraught about his well being, well you are a kind one at heart and that goes a long way, so don't forget that feeling you have, and keep that kindness within you and share it amongst those that matter. Learn from what's been done, and see that it won't happen again. Can you do that?"

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:01 pm

"I can certainly do that, Miss Joy," Verde says. "Especially for a stallion that stood his ground and brought low something so far out of his weight class. His very fabulous nature and appearance doesn't hurt at all, but that bravery was of the highest virtue." She looks at Cherish for several moments. "How was he able to do what he did? I'm far more experienced in matters of engineering and sciences but even I could tell that the kind of power he manifested and the power with which he buried that monster was pretty unusual. It was if he had momentarily become an entirely different species, akin to the windingos of Hearthswarming mythology but made of pure electrical power, rather than any mortal pony. Something he learned at home, if I'm not prying overmuch?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:53 am

Hoodwink seemed very surprised at Verde speaking up; until now she had been very measured and calm even when the situation had escalated to it's absolute worst and yet for some reason it had been him admitting that it had been his fault that had made her take such a passionate response against it? Curious, he had to admit, if misguided considering that really he shouldn't have got the stupid crystal stuck on him to begin with, but he appreciated the gesture if nothing else.

Hoodwink didn't move his hat back up when Verde shoved it on his head, meaning that the brim obscured most of his face as he listened to Cherish talk again. "If he was looking for a band of merry men I don't come recommended." Hoodwink deadpanned when Cherish talked about coming together for a grand purpose, but he otherwise stayed quiet and listened.

Hoodwink didn't respond to Cherish when she asked him if he would learn from his mistakes and prevent them in the future, instead letting Verde's line of questioning take over and hoping he would be allowed to remain a silent observer; part of him wanted to swear he would never make such a huge error again buthe didn't know if even his well trained silver tongue could spin that particularly huge lie.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   

Back to top Go down

One's True Calling. [Private]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7