A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

One's True Calling. [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 am

"I rather think that you got you into this sodding mess!" Verde opines to him as they go. "I was even there to watch you get into this sodding mess, and I had to scratch a perfectly good crowbar to do it!" There's a stutter to her steps for a moment and she falls behind a few paces before speeding up to keep pace again. "Speaking of such, I hope you at least had the good sense to thieve after you broke into that shop. I'd be very disappointed in you if you didn't, for the dozen or so seconds it would take that thing to pull our legs off and eat them like prawns!"

Upon saying this and then hearing 'Charlie' offer to get them out of there, she risked a glance behind her to look up at him, and noticed the death worm. "Holy mother of Celestia bucking Luna, that abomination is bucking regenerating!" Her hooves hit the pavement with unneccessary force in what might be called a stomp if she wasn't currently in motion. "Do you know how unfair that is? Bucking ponyfeathered horseapple luck of the thrice-cursed griffon arse!"

And then she turned to see what had occasioned the reaction from Hoodwink. She suffered another stutter in her pace as she openly gaped at what was taking place before her. "...unholy father of buck, is that fabulous piece of unicorn flank about to death-beam this thing?" She grins as she continues her progress at Hoodwink's side towards Heart. "Aww, now I can't leave with the nice soldier flying along behind me... this is gonna be far too good to miss and I've got a bucking front-row seat!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:01 am

Heartstring

Heartstring was getting ample opportunity to charge his spell, the clouds were forming and slowly spinning together and forming an 'eye', much like what you'd see in the center of a hurricane. The clouds themselves also began to darken and a low rumble could be heard and faint flashes of light could be seen in the clouds above Heartstring.

Crystal Empire Army

Heartstring's spell has by no means gone unnoticed by the Crystal Empire guards. The unicorns understood quickly the dangers of such a spell and only focused harder into their barrier.

"What is that pony doing? Are they insane?!" stated one of the unicorns.

"Let's just focus on containing the damage within the barrier. We'll send a group to try and stop him, but in the meantime our big focus is taking that beast down!" responded another over the radio devices they were all equipped with.

Charlie and Bravo would in sync frown seeing that the two ponies they had been chasing practically ignored them. One was rather adamant about not coming with them. "Hey!" said Charlie as he and Bravo would fly up alongside Hoodwink and Verde, stopping when they did as well too look at Heartstring. They heard what was said over the transmission and would look to each other. Charlie heard what Verde said and his brows came together. "Death beam? Hey, what exactly is that pony planning there?"

Dark Crystal Death Worm Boss

The beast would roar once more, the force of it's roar sending the flying pegasi around him away from it. With it's eyes now back to normal it would actively stop and search around through all the destruction that surrounded it to see if it could find Verde and Hoodwink. It'd growl and soon it's eyes fell upon Verde and it took a big sniff of the air. Like a predator waiting for it's prey to get in the right spot, anyone with active fight-or-flight response would be able to feel that the beast was ready to pounce to the kill.

The black crystal around Hoodwink's leg would speak into his mind. 'You share the beast's strength. Strike back. Kill it. Kill it.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:58 pm

"Did someone pull the plug out of the sky?" Hoodwink asked with a dim look on his face, obviously completely baffled to what Heartstring was up to. "Hey storyteller, I love the show but if you could summon something with a little more death and pain and maybe fire and aim that at the worm, that'd be lovely!" He shouted up to the unicorn who probably couldn't hear him anyway; the thief's had was flapping like crazy in the wind being kicked up but stayed on his head even though with the brim being so wide it should have been whipped off his head easily.

Hoodwink practically leapt out of his coat and swore loudly when the two guards pulled up to them; in the rush to distract the worm and lead it somewhere he had completely forgotten that them being noticed by the guards would only make sense. "Umm, nothing.... stage performers, get more elaborate by the day don't they?" Hoodwink chuckled in an extremely unconvincing fake laugh as he made sure to keep his cape covering as much of his face as possible without outright hiding in it.

Hoodwink yelped and grabbed onto his leg, which he was also trying to keep hidden behind the cape. Evidently the stallion had not quite grasped that fabric did not stretch as far as it's owner needed at any given moment, his cape was in fact only so long.

Not long enough to hide the sight of Hoodwink throwing profanity at his own leg at it turned out.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:20 am

"Well, he appears to be a very showy stallion, prone to dramatic gestures and fabulous work in lighting and stage presence. I think he's planning to use that cloud of 'buck-you-thanks-for-the-fish' to vaporize the living avatar of butt-ugly behind us." Verde offers helpfully as she keeps the pace up. "I take it that he can only do it from point blank range so his dramatic action hero pose can momentarily slow time as the beast notices, too late, that its doom is sweeping towards it on silver wings. And then it will loom above him and reach for him even as the wrath of the lightning cascades down upon it and its claw will stop just a millimeter from his face, and the creature will speak and say 'But... it was just... business...' and its body will disintegrate from the center out to the claw, and drift away on a gentle breeze that will stir his mane, and every mare, along with some stallions, will swoon and hope sempai notices them."

She waits for a few seconds while anyone who can hear what she says tries to figure out what the hay she just said. "Basically, he's gonna kick its plot up between its ears. Yanno, assuming it has any." She looks at Hoodwink. "Meanwhile, my intrepid criminal companion is screaming obscenities at his leg. Because this moment isn't surreal enough yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:50 am

Heartstring

Heartstring would continue to perform his spell. The longer it went one, the more vibrant his marking's began to glow, and the cloud's above them would roar and spark. The hole within the cloud's perfectly aligned above Heartstring, within that hole lightning began to spark several bolts coming together and charging a ball at the point where all the lighting met. This lighting orb began to grow big pretty quickly. Heartstring was almost done with the spell, all that was left really was to execute it and for the worm to get in place.

Crystal Empire Army

Charlie and Bravo would in that moment simply stare at Verde. Charlie would blink surprised. Bravo could only try to fight a smile from showing on his face as he was amused by what Verde stated.

Bravo would be the one to speak up after Hoodwink and Verde spoke. "ahahaha so basically you guy's are fightin' this beast? Well I hate to break it to yah, but you should just let us handle it." At this point some more of the pegasi that had been flying around the beast were sent soaring through the air as they had just been swatted. Charlie had taken notice of this, While Bravo tried to get a good look at Hoodwink, but he couldn't with what just flew over their heads.

Charlie would growl. "Damn it, two more are down."

The beast swatted away from more pegasi like it was nothing sending them flying through the sky. It placed it's hand on the ground and it's eyes focused upon Verde. At this point it began to chase after Verde and Hoodwink. It's large massive body tearing through building, and ground as it chased.

The black crystal around Hoodwink's leg would speak into his mind even louder practically yelling the same thing over and over again 'kill it, we don't want to be in there, kill it, kill it, kill it'.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:22 pm

The stallion continued his cursing almost totally oblivious of his company; had he noticed that Verde just casually outed him as a master criminal (he was so more masterful than intrepid) then he would've probably been beating her over the head with his hat but right now he was more focused on his own leg telling him what to kill and when.

He jumped when the worm began coming towards them again, seeing it heading for position. Something occurred to the stallion as he reached for the large bundle of vials he still had yet to throw; with the worm coming at them like this and Heart's spell clearly almost done.

"Celestia forgive me for being a bucking moron." Hoodwink mumbled before he took off at a run towards Heartstring, making sure the worm could see him. "Hey! Hey! Over here you great white bastard!" The stallion called in his most obnoxious voice as he ascended the rooftop opposite Heartstring, baiting the worm towards him by shaking his crystal covered leg at it and jangling the large explosive. "Come on big guy, my leg's already going; come up here so I can blow your ugly arse back to Tartarus!" He yelled; if the worm followed him as he wanted it would be smack in the middle of where Heartstring wanted it.

Whatever the hell the storyteller had planned, he sincerely hoped it didn't involve nuking the area. Hoodwink couldn't bare to think of all the broken hearted mares if he was killed in a heroic last stand.... not to mention the dying part would be pretty bad too.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Verde watches Hoodwink suddenly put two and two together and get six. "Oh, neat. See you later, my dear stallions of this city's guard... me and my snappishly-dressed tea leaf are gonna to be mooks for the storytelling stallion radiating fabulously-painted Rainbow Cannon of Worm-Slaying goodness." She pauses a moment, frowning and seeming to consider what she just said, and what she'd said before. "You know, Mum always warned me that adrenaline made me a bit bounce-off-the-walls nutty... never believed her until just now..." She grins and gives the guard stallions a wink before following Hoodwink. Her method, in keeping with her mildly crazy actions during the tail end of this chase, are predictably unusual: she starts singing madly as she runs, somehow wagging her plot in time with a rather off-kilter rhythm.

"I'll wait for you till I turn blue, there's nothin' more a mare can do! Dun get yer balls in to a twist, jus' squat right there an' take a shit! Cuz now we're gonna ring yer ball, an' then we'll send ya straight ta hell! Then wipe the floor with victory, an' puke until we fall asleep!" Oh lordy, that night when Aunt Scarlet got too many meads in her... and... I'm singing the song... "So blackenin' a banshee wail, an' down dat mead by buckin' pails! An' throw a rope around yer neck, and down grog with yer dance o' death! Smellin' like wet shit-smeared dog, right back ta hell were ya belong!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Heartstring

Heartstring's fur began to stand on end due to the electricity that was starting to spark around him. Soon his eyes entirely began to glow blue, his marking's glowing more vibrant. Even through his fur there were some glow pushing through his bright raspberry red coat, it's glow also showing there were more marking's underneath his coat. Though what became really noticeable was when a bolt of lightning fired down and connected with Heartstring's horn. It crackled loudly and Heartstring staggered a moment under the power of it's strike.

He gritted his teeth as he steadied himself and focused harder and the lighting began to swirl around the length of Heartstring's longer than average horn. Heartstring's chanting came to an end with the final line that roughly translated too. "Heaven's grant me thy fury, Kirin."

From the 'eye' of the storm cloud's that Heartstring had summoned, that huge orb of lightning that connected with Heartstring's horn fired down one massive bolt. This bolt shot down and consumed Heartstring and the pillar he stood on. Bright light reached in all direction and a thunderous roar erupted all around.

Much like a lighting strike the flash of bright like happened quickly and suddenly the area was consumed with darkness for a short time as the dark clouds began to disperse. There was lots of smoke around the area where Heartstring was. Though through the smoke a red hot glow could be seen. The pillar Heartstring stood on was partially melted. Moments after that sparks began to erupt through the smoke and the smoke quickly dispersed revealing the source of the sparks.

A pony stood there, about the same size at Heartstring, except instead of the raspberry red fur, scales covered a good majority of his body, and where there should have been a fluffy red tail, was a stiff spiky tail. Whatever fur that was still on his body, glowed like lightning. Though what could also be noticed as well was that this 'pony' shared the very same marking's that Heartstring did.

Along his body there were more blue markings as well, much like the ones on his face. His eyes turned entirely red. Around his hooves he also still had some fur that stood on it's end's much like the rest of the fur that stayed around his shoulders and back, some fur making a V line over the front of his chest, and around his jaw and head. His ears also perked on end as well, unlike Heartstring's ears, which tended to flop a little near the tips.

Spark's radiated and bounced along his body, and what could also be seen is that he stood on air, lightning crackling underneath his hooves and traveling along his body.

Crystal Empire Army

Charlie and Bravo would look back at the two civilians, Hoodwink and Verde as they ran off ahead of them. "Hey! Wait up!" They floated in place as they watched them run off ahead. Charlie looked at Bravo and Bravo just shrugged his shoulders.

Charlie's head hung low for a moment before he smacked his hooves together. "Damn it, let's just get after them. We can't have them get killed now!"

Bravo would nod. "Yes, sir!" Both took off after Verde and Hoodwink following them to where they were leading the beast too.

It's main target up until this point had been Verde, until Hoodwink revealed his black crystal leg and flaunted it off for the beast to take notice. It stopped in it's tracks and made a odd gurgling noise, as if it was pleased to see such a sight. These snake like tongues wriggled out of what it called a mouth as if to 'wet it's lips' It now charged right for Hoodwink with hunger in it's eyes, and it's yearning to combine itself with the black crystal growing. So Hoodwink successfully 'hooked' the beast to head in the direction that was needed.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:44 pm

"Alright then beastie, hungry are you?" Hoodwink growled at it; his posh and sophisticated accent had thoroughly slipped, he was now speaking much faster and overemphasising his "A" sounds, sounding far more like a working class Trottingham stallion than the posh gentlecolt thief he had presented so far. "Come and get it you slimy git." He was half tempted to allow the beast to reach him just to see if it would actually have any feasible way to remove the crystal from his leg but the stallion was instead having to rely on the tried and tested logic that killing the worm would remove his affliction.

If it worked in Daring Do there was a snowball's chance it might work in reality. Which was better than no chance.

The stallion waited until it was as close as he could possibly allow. Wondering if he had gone completely mad, he leaned back and pitched the bundle of vials directly into the beast's mouth, the moment the glass shattered the thick foam like substance would begin expanding as fast as a back of ravenous parasprites, and with only luck would block it's windpipe.

The stallion leapt onto the chimney the instant the vials had left his hand, bent his knees before hitting the chimney and launched himself upwards with all the strength in his hind buck kicking legs; the stallion propelled himself forward and upwards nearly fifteen feet, far higher than he had intended.

"Bollocks!!!" Screamed a surprisingly high pitched yell as Hoodwink fell with no viable landing point, colliding with a metal shop sign on the way down with a horrible clang before landing in a heap in the snow, visibly clutching at his torso with his legs and scrunching his face up in pain.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 am

"Well kick my plot and call me Sombra," Verde grins as the magical effect coalesces into a Heartstring that appears to be made of lightning. "I think we're seeing our fabulous storyteller's final form, and we all know what that means." As she skids to a halt well clear of the base of the tower that Heart has built for himself, her horn lights up and a telescoping rod with a shiny copper bulb on the end zips out. "Mister Sparky, we've been friends since I first carbonized a lemon trying to make a fruit battery and you've been a loyal prank facilitator, science project core, and idiot-beating device for that entire time." She telescopes the very tarnished copper rest of the rod out to its full length--with an iron end lovingly sharpened into a razor-sharp tip on the end opposite the copper bulb. She rotates this pointy end towards the oncoming beast and elevates it, closing one eye and squinting the other. "So I know you'll be awesome at this." She wait until the beast has lowered itself down so that its eyes are filling the clear target zone for her makeshift spear. "GO GET 'IM BOY!" And she sends the spear rocketing towards the eye with all the force she can muster, trying to bury it deep and provide the most convenient possible route for the electricity that Heart is generating to get to its target.

Verde is watching the results of her attempt with a sort of cheerful fantalism when she hears Hoodwink scream out his defiance and is starting to look up when his 'bollocks' and a nice bell-like clang announces the results and a wounded stallion lands in a heap practically right next to her. She sighs and lights her horn again, calmly turning her back on the beast and elevating a thick roll of cloth bandages out of her saddlebags as she leans down to examine the stallion's wounds. That there's something mere meters behind her intent on killing her horribly seems to have vanished from her awareness. Or maybe she's just accepted that there's nothing she can do, because she tries to nose his legs aside to see if the broken bones are protruding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 am

When it had gotten close it's mouth would open up as it would reach for Hoodwink. Though with it's mouth parting just a bit, it was more than enough for Hoodwink's vial to, with a surprising amount of speed, thanks to the unnatural strength of the dark crystal that was attached to Hoodwink's body. It shot like a bullet into the mouth of the beast and broke upon impact with the back of the beasts mouth. It's foam quickly expanding and filling up as much space as it could before it stopped expanding. It didn't exactly cover the entire throat of the beast, give that Hoodwink would need far more vial's to do such a thing, but it was enough that it was a bother to the beast and caused it to halt it's charge. It's mouth opening and closing widely as it was trying to crush the foam in it's mouth. Loud scratching noises could be heard, the same scratching noises you'd hear when scratching foam with your own nails. The razor 'teeth' in it's mouth working hard to break down the foam as much as it could. Though it was quite difficult as first since the foam was still a bit mushy before it fully had solidified.

In this process it had leaned down just low enough that it gave Verde her target and the rod she threw had successfully hit it's mark causing the beast to roar and lean it's head back in pain as it shut that eye, well at least it tried to. The black gunk leaking out from it and covering part of the rod, effectively keeping it stuck there.

Heartstring

Heartstring took a moment to look around as he was getting his bearings in this form. It's been many a years since he last performed it. Slightly lifting his hooves one at a time and then shifting his eyes around looking for the giant beast. He found it quickly, especially since it was writhing in pain and also it's mouth was opening and closing quickly as part of it's throat was covered by the expanding foam.

He thought to himself. They did it He took one step forward in mid-air and that step rumbled like an oncoming thunderstorm. With the beast in position, all Heartstring needed to do was charge foreword. He huffed and he 'scraped' his hoof as if telling a sign he was going to charge and whoever was in the way had better move out of it.

Heartstring would trot forward a few steps, before suddenly there was a bright flash and then a loud sound of thunder exploding. A streak of blue-ish white light shot in a straight line cutting it's way through everything in it's path. Building's some terrain and most certainly it tore completely through the beast, splitting it in twain.

Though what can also be noticed as the streak did not stop until it crashed right into the barrier, a loud thud echoed all around, visible cracks appearing upon barrier.

Crystal Empire Army

By this point Charlie and Bravo thought that these two were just mad ponies and Bravo partially thought that maybe it would be for the best to leave them to be worm food, but these were silent thoughts and they still had a job to do. Though with the massive lightning blast that had grabbed everyone's attention, the were mostly in surprise from it.

Charlie would speak in awe. "W-what the..."

Bravo would frown not exactly happy. "Just who are these ponies..."

Charlie and Bravo looked at Heartstring, Charlie relayed the information to his comrades. Their orders were changed slightly and they were to not only still keep the civilian's safe, but to also provide help since it has become obvious that the three civilian's; Verde, Heartstring and Hoodwink, were fighting the beast as well. They would quickly move to Hoodwink and Verde's side after Hoodwink's accident. Bravo and Charlie would hover around Verde. "Any serious injuries? If not we will need to get you two away from here.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 pm

On the ground in the snow Hoodwink groaned and clutched at his sore ribs; nothing was poking out so at least if he had broken something it wasn't too severe, certainly nothing worse than a few ribs it seemed. Regardless the stallion managed to push himself into a sitting position against the wall of the building he had clanged against, looking up at where the worm had been with his left eye apparently not wanting to open properly.

Hoodwink watched in awe at the proceedings and whatever the storyteller was attempting. He was interrupted though by the guards talking about getting them away; they couldn't leave Heartstring, what if this all went south.

He very quickly winked to Verde before dropping back down and clutching at his ribs, howling in pain at every time he tried to move.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 am

Verde blinks at the wink and eyes him, using his apparently damaged body as an excuse to lean in close enough for him to hear but the guards not to. "You are a dirty charlatan, mister Hoodwink," she informs him in as deadpan a manner as possible. "A dirty filthy charlatan that is a very bad pony, and you should feel bad." And then she grins. "And I could kiss you, you horrible sneak thief." She squelches the grin so that when she turns to see Heart perform his epic fatality, the guards would see nothing but a worried and annoyed mare looking after a earth stallion with cracked ribs, who's watching the most fabulous thing since flaming slay a dark crystal death worm.

At least for the first ten or so seconds. By the time Bravo and Charlie have received instructions and gone to check on her and Hoodwink, Verde is back on her hooves, facing the steaming remains of the death worm, and shaking a hoof at it screaming. "Yeah! YEAH! Feel that hot lightning love course right down your bucking piehole! Behold the glory--" she stops and lowers her voice, her eyes flitting to the two guards "--I don't think his injuries are too serious. I don't see any compound fractures and I think that with care he can be safely moved--" and then goes right back to it exactly where she left off "--of fabulous lightning pony flank! You are the best garishly-painted piece of living festival ever!"

She stops and thinks. "Speaking of such, it looked like his impact with the magical barrier was pretty horrible. I'm thinking we should be going and checking on him, yeah?" She eyes Bravo and Charlie pointedly, as calm as if she hadn't just gotten done yelling at the top of her lungs. "Yeah, I think the two of you need to worry about the fabulous fellow that just slew the boss of this dungeon. Er, this city... sector. Yyeah..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 04, 2015 9:34 am

The beast couldn't protect itself from the destructive piercing powers of Heartstring's Kirin form and was split in twain. Either side of it's body twitched and ooze, black gunk spluttering out from it. Looking at it from a far one could see it's insides, twitching as if they were still active, but slowly their twitching would come to a halt, except for one area, it pulsed as if it were a heartbeat. This large 'heart' that looked like one, but was clearly made of a dark crystal like material.

The dark crystal that was still attached to Hoodwink's body would heal his body of any injuries from the fall, and louder did they scream in his head. It still lives, kill it, kill it, kill itttttttttt. Send the final blow, die, die, die!! We don't want to go in the dark anymore. Killlllll!!!

Crystal Empire Army

Charlie and Bravo would look to Verde, when they came in close, and blinked upon hearing what she was saying to the beast and then looked to each other and then to Hoodwink who was howling in pain every time he moved. Charlie would only sigh as they had an injured pony, a crazy pony, and a pony who just turned itself into lightning to deal with.

Bravo would speak into his headset. "One of the civilian's is injured, requesting medical assistance over here. The beast was bisected by the third civilian pony. No confirmation on his condition. Though we can clearly see a crack in the barrier."

Charlie would frown some and shake his head. "And this is why we were trying to take you two out of here in the first place." he'd walk over to look at Hoodwink and frown. "You keep still, we're calling in for medical assistance." He would then look towards Verde. "And you. We are staying here until support arrives." Charlie would look towards Bravo and nod his head. "Request a group to go check on the other pony. We're staying here with these two until we can get someone here. From the looks of it, it seems the monster is dead." He would look at the assumed dead beast.

Bravo would nod his head. "Send in a team to go check on the third civilian. Assumed location is the source of the crack on the barrier. Proceed with caution, the civilian could still have lightning flying off of the pony."

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Hoodwink stayed down while the guards and Verde talked, clutching at his sore ribs even while he felt the pain of them being alleviated by the stupid sodding crystal that had decided to make his leg it's summer home; his attempts at blocking the voices whispering in his ear were a lot less effective when he had broken bones and what would surely be a cracker of a bruise alone his entire left side developing to worry about, and yet apparently he still couldn't be granted one moment of peace.

"Alright, I've had more than enough of you to last a lifetime." He grumbled to himself, his accent starting as the lower class disguise before dropping back into his upper class natural tone. "I. Have. Had. Enough. Of. This." He growled, stomping forward on each word and putting a dent in the pavement as he approached the pulsating heart, glaring at it like it was Diamond Tip.

It only took one second of his sleep and pain addled brain to make him visualise Diamond Tip in place of the heart for Hoodwink to lose what little rational thought he had left; finally deciding to put the strength coursing through him from the crystal to the test, the stallion stomped over to the nearest lamp post (doing even more damage to the floor in the process) and yanked it clean off of it's support.

"Go. Back. To. Tartarus. You. Utter. Bellend!" He yelled at the top of his lungs while slamming the lamp post down as fast as he could until he'd reduced it to rubble, or his ribs gave out again, whichever came first really.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun May 10, 2015 4:38 am

Verde watches with genuine interest as the debonair thief she'd briefly mistaken for a lower-class terrier (like herself) went utterly, fully, completely, and gloriously mad and stomped over to beat at the dark crystal that was shaped like a heart in the center of the beast's steaming remains. "Well buck me with a hoof full of moonlight... that sodding sneak thief has gone bloody starkers," she comments in an accent that is as lower-end as Hoodwink had pretended but far more natural and quite clearly honestly-earned. "Oh well... beat 'em, join 'em, we all know the drill. You happy chappies stick yourselves here and have a popcorn whilst I and my rubber room escapee have a jolly good beat on that spot o' neggi crystal. Oh, and make sure the fabulous flanks on that wonderful bit of lightning stallion keep their life-support in smashing good shape and raring to go after he's recovered from his ruddy good pinballing." She withdraws her crowbar from the strap on one of her saddlbags. "Cheerio."

Whereupon Verde walks over to where Hoodwink is wailing on the crystal with the passion of someone smashing something far more hated than an inanimate object could possibly be, and starts letting it have it with the heavy end. She doesn't hit it as hard as she could be, as her magic is edging towards spent, but unlike Hoodwink she's clearly enjoying the fun of cooperative destruction, even singing as she does.

"Evry mornin' 'bout seven o' clock
there are two live ponies a-swingin' at a rock
an' th' boss comes 'round an' 'e says 'keep still
an' lay down 'eavy on th' cast-iron drills'

"An' swing ye ponies, an' swing ye ponies
an' swing ye ponies an' kill!
Cos it's work all day for th' sugar in yer tay
doon beside th' smashed place
an' swing ye ponies an' kill
swing ye ponies an' kill.

"Th' boss was a fine stal down ta th' ground.
an' 'e married a mare that was six feet 'round
Now she baked fine bread an' she baked it good
but she baked it hard as a piece o' wood!

"Th' fore back then was Glassy Sky
by Lun 'e was a pony pie!
One day a premature blast went off
an' a mile in th' air went a griff named Toph!

"Th' next time pay day came around
that griff a silver bit short was found
when 'e asked wot for came this reply:
'Ye was docked for th' time ye was up in th' sky!'

An smash ta pieces!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 11, 2015 2:11 am

At first the heart didn't seem affected by the blows that Hoodwink was giving it. Though with Hoodwink's powered blow eventually cracks began to show upon the heart and they began to grow. The strikes where Verde was striking at also began to crack as well. Till eventually the whole thing shattered under their might.

Upon the destruction of the heart Hoodwink would hear the crystals in his head screaming for joy. Freedom! Freedom! We can finally be free. No more fear, no more darkness. Freedommm!!! Cracks began to form over the black crystal that covered most of Hoodwink's legs under they also shattered, to which suddenly the lamp post would feel really heavy in Hoodwink's grasp.

The rest of the body of the beast began to shatter to pieces eventually becoming dust in the wind.

Crystal Empire Army

Both Charlie and Bravo would be surprised by the sudden strength of Hoodwink who lifted a lamp post and used it to bash the heart of the beast. Charlie barely took a half step foreword before Verde had took off as well. "H-hey, hold it--argh damn it!" he cursed under his breath and stomped a hoof on the ground when Verde kept going on ahead.

When the heart had shattered and the remains of the beast turned to dust, they would stare flabbergasted by what just happened.

Bravo would be the first to speak to Charlie. "I dunno what's more surprising...he just beast the thing with a lamp post, or the mare singing while whacking the thing."

Soon after that the barrier would slowly disappear.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Hoodwink thankfully didn't have the lamppost held over his head when the crystal shattered and it's power left him but the weight still pulled the stallion back very suddenly and gave him yet another fall onto his repaired but still sore ribs. He grunted on the floor and quickly shook his leg, which without the crystal coating it had gone quite numb from being wrapped up so long; as he looked down at it he saw the fragments of crystal that had shattered and immediately grabbed an empty vial from his set and scooped a few shards into the glass tube. 

"Heartstring?!" Hoodwink called out once he had the shards collected, scrambling clumsily up to his hooves again and doing some sort of hobbling gallop over to where the stallion had impacted the wall; Hoodwink wasn't exactly a typical Earth Pony, and in this case that meant shifting through the rubble was a lot harder than it really should have been.

"Look, just, just be okay!" He called out to a random area of the rubble, images of a burning shop flashing in front of his eyes from memories he would've rather forgotten. "If you're dead I'm going to kill you Heartstring!" He yelled out as he continued trying to shift the rubble, without a trace of mirth behind the attempt at a joke.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun May 17, 2015 11:28 pm

"And the totally nonexistent crowd goes wild," Verde smirks as she straps the crowbar back to where it belongs and watches as Hoodwink limp-gallops in the direction they saw lightning Heart go. "Whereupon the fastidiously-dressed gentlepony thief who pretends to be a docker goes barking mad over a fabulous unicorn," she continues as she trots along, apparently no worse for wear and able to keep up handily with the thoroughly winded Hoodwink. When he points himself at a random bit of rubble and starts shouting as he shifts it around, however, the slightly punch-drunk cheer fades.
"Say, favoritest tea leaf sort... doncha think it might be unwise to just blindly move rubble around?" she asks him as she walks over and puts a band of faint magic around his front hooves, exerting a little bit of force but not seriously trying to restrain him. "I get it and all, but I think the army is in better shape to try to help our friend than you are." She sidesteps around so that she's in front of him now, eyes glancing down to ensure that she's standing on bits of clear ground or where the rubble is clearly resting on solid ground with no room under to hide Heart. She then leans down so he could easily see a pair of intense emerald eyes in front of him. "Heartstring needs our calm, not our hysteria. Let's wait to exert ourselves to exhaustion until we know how to help him best."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 am

Crystal Empire Army
When Hoodwink and Verde had arrived to the area where Heartstring had crashed into, The other members of the army were arriving at the same time. They had broken up into their groups like they had when they set up the barrier and began to search the various piles of rubble trying to find the one where Heartstring was in.

Verde made a good point, the army was in a better shape to search for Heartstring, and randomly moving rubble was indeed unwise, as the pile, that Hoodwink was looking through, just caved in on itself a little bit.

Charlie and Bravo would eventually show up after Verde and Hoodwink. Charlie speaking up when he arrived. "Alright you two, stand aside. Just rest up over here while we look for that other pony."

Bravo would speak to Charlie. "Med evac. will arrive in five."

Charlie would look at Bravo and nod his head. "Understood." he answered and looked back toward's. "We're also going to have to have you both come with us as soon as the med evac arrives. We have questions, so for not just stay put."

Heartstring

There were various multitudes of piles, some larger than others,and some smaller then others. This particular area was destroyed, buildings were falling apart, crystal shards everywhere.  about five minutes into the search, further off toward's Verde and Hoodwink's right was a smaller pile of rubble, that very quickly and very faintly, lighting would spark and then fizzle. Looking closely one could see, during the brief moments of light the lighting spark gave, a very dirty red and blue tail sticking out between gaps and openings.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 am

Hoodwink looked for a moment like he wanted to tell Verde where to shove what she thought and go back to rifling through the rubble but he relented and visibly sagged before her; he was already smaller than Verde and Heartstring and with his energy so run down and so tired he only looked even smaller than he already was. 

"Okay.. okay. I get it." He grumbled, obviously not liking it but stepping down off the rubble pile on still shaky legs, where the two guards were approaching. He listened to them then waited until they turned away before he mumbled "Heh, not happening." So quietly only Verde could hear him; no way was he waiting around to be interrogated and arrested just for doing the right thing for a change.

He looked out over the pile of rubble, hoping for some sign that the guards had found something. He noticed a spark, a fizzle, some kind of energy from under a pile over on the right side. "Hey hey! Check there!" He called and pointed for the guards.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 am

"Of course we'll stay, officers," Verde replies brightly. "Like good, ordinary, totally innocent, law-abiding, not-thieving, not breaking-and-entering, non-lying citizens who are just completely pure as the wind-driven snow." She grins toothily at them in what would be best described as a shit-eating grin before dropping the extremely artificial expression and turning her attention to Hoodwink. "I'll be bent and bucked before I have my grand life adventure started off being questioned by a couple of flunkies after being part of the most fabulous monster-slaying in pony history," she says to him quietly before turning and scanning the rubble carefully without moving her legs.

Her reaction to the spark revealing a characteristic red and blue tail was, given her caution to Hoodwink, quite animated. She takes off passed the earth stallion towards the fallen lamppost, lightning her horn as she looked over her shoulder at Charlie and Bravo. "If the two of you are any good at lifting, there's a pile of rubble over yonder with a fabulous stallion underneath. If not, help me grab this nice convenient metal lever and we can start a good solid lift with the metaphysical help of the great and powerful Arching Medians." Even without them helping, Verde struggles to pull the lamppost into the air high enough that she can rest one end on her shoulders and then starts dragging it back towards the rubble pile, clearly intent on saving Heartstring on her lonesome if no one got to it first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 20, 2015 7:43 am

Crystal Empire Army
Charlie would stare at Verde with her snide remark and only blinked. "....right...." was his only response before he would look to Bravo about to converse with him before Hoodwink had spoken up and pointed in a particular direction. They turned their attention to what it was before suddenly Verde had quickly ran off in that direction.

"H-hey!" Charlie shouted, but it was already too late, Verde had moved quite quickly to the pile of rubble that Hoodwink pointed out. Charlie would only groan and his brows game together.

Bravo would place a comforting hoof on Charlie's shoulder and pat it lightly. "It'll be over soon. Come on, let's just go and help out."

Charlie would only sigh and nod his head. "Yeah, yeah..."

Both Charlie and Bravo would fly on over to go and head. Bravo would speak into the headset. "We found the third civilian. We're currently pulling him out of the rubble. Send a flare to let med. evac know our location."

Shortly after Bravo said this, one of the unicorn guards would fire a spell into the sky that was a red light shooting upwards into the sky before glowing brightly.

Charlie and Bravo would help Verde with dragging over the lamp post.

Heartstring

The sparks that kept popping up all over the pile were faint and extremely weak. So if one did get shocked by it, it would be equivalent to receiving a light static shock like when you rub your socks against a carpet for a short while and then touch someone.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Hoodwink's internal struggle would be plainly visible to anyone watching as his face scrunched up with the effort of fighting his own instincts; it was nice and dark, the rubble was providing plenty of cover and the guards had their attention turned, opportunities like this weren't just handed out on silver platters to thieves especially not after they got involved in city razing events like these.

So why wasn't he running?

He couldn't truthfully answer that himself but he did know that the desire to do so was so strong it was actually giving him a slight headache to keep reigning the desire in long enough to stand and watch the guards and Verde pull the lamp post away. Finally the stallion audibly groaned at his own stupid desire to help and make sure the storyteller was alright; in his head he assured himself it was just a decision made to see if he could help and get a reward for it before slipping away.

In his heart he knew it was a far different rationale that pushed him toward the guards and made him contribute what little physical strength he had to moving the lamp post; he had stamped his hoof on that stupid crystal and it had been whispering in his head. Had he drawn the worm beast to them? Would it even have emerged if he had just left well enough alone? Would he have been able to avoid Heartstring getting hurt if he had simply listened to the voices instead of trying to block them out? All of those possibilities and more sat on the stallion's heart as if the black crystal itself had attached to it, and he knew that if he left now the possibility of any or all of them being true would haunt him for the rest of his days.

"Come on Heartstring, please be okay." In a desperate effort not to feel useless he uncorked a bottle of water from his belt and turned it over what was visible of the stallion, trying to wake him up with the cold water like he had seen ponies do in the film reels.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat May 23, 2015 4:10 am

"Save the water, Hoodwink," Verde pants as they get the lamppost close enough and she starts positioning it so that the widest end is stuck under the largest piece of visible rubble, trying to avoid jostling anything else. "He may need a drink when we get him out, or a damp cloth, or to have a wound rinsed out. I applaud your nobility but the best use for that water comes later."
With Charlie and Bravo helping, she pushes the end under the piece of rubble and then lets it go, allowing the two guards to hold it as she goes over to a piece of debris that happens to be solid and somewhat high, and a length of what appears to be steel cable floats out of her saddlebags along with a packet of rods. She unfolds the rods and snaps its various pieces into place to create a yoke with loops to attach the cable to. She attaches one end to the yoke, loops the other end around the rubble, and attaches that other end to the yoke. She slips the yoke over her head, puts her head down, and starts dragging it over to be used as a fulcrum.
"Hope... the bleedin'... help... arrives soon..." she gasps out as she strains against her burden, clearly exhausted in both a magical and physical sense, but stubbornly pulling the fulcrum over to try to get Heart out. "Dammit... wish... I had the... pieces... for a bucking pulley..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   

Back to top Go down

One's True Calling. [Private]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next