A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

One's True Calling. [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 am

There come’s a time in everypony life where one must question; what is my purpose in life? To an Equestrian pony that question is normally answered with a mark, so sweetly titled ‘Cutie Mark’, that appears upon the flank of a young colt or filly. This is extremely important to an Equestrian ponies life, but what if that Cutie Mark only solved part of the problem. Now that one has their mark, what purpose is there for such a talent?

In the northern regions of Equestria, when the sun is highest in the sky, young colt’s and fillies laughter filled the sky. Their little hooves scampered and scuttled after a much older Unicorn Colt. His longer than average horn glowed a sky blue color as he trotted lightly.  ”And it is here where we arrive at the climax!” His voice chipper, excited, filled with such passion. He looked amongst the young ponies that looked up at his with huge wide eyes filled with amazement. ”Our hero, Sir Corazon, is cornered by the evil witch”

Around the ponies that intently listened to the story being told a scene is being created out of sky blue mist, which shaped out the scenery and the characters. Outlined stonewalls raised high and stretched until they met forming a dead end hallway. A Earth Pony, dawned in armor, stood with its hind quarters against the wall. Another pony, a unicorn, riding a broom floated above them, created from the same mist, floated closer towards ‘Sir Corazon’ as it had an evil look on it’s face.

The fillies and colts stared at the scene with slight fear, and great curiosity for how the scene was going to develop. ”And the witch spoke out to Sir Corazon…” The storyteller looked a moment to his audience between looking back to the scene and making the Witch float ever closer to Sir Corazon. ”You’re such a fool. What made you think that you can destroy me?” He altered his own voice so that it would sound more menacing and ‘Witch-like’. ”Just because you have a Witch hunter’s cutie mark means nothing! Now die!”

The audience of young ponies gasped in unison. One of them even yelled out. ‘No, Sir Corazon! Run!’ The Witch’s horn began to gain this aura that floated around its horn. Sir Corazon looked up at the Witch and gritted his teeth. There was a short pause as nothing occurred. The storyteller, this bright, highly saturated raspberry red coated unicorn pony with such elegant features gazed at his audience. ”With nowhere to run, and nothing to defend himself with…what do you think happens next?”

The young ponies looked at the Storyteller and all shared a look of disbelief, as if they understood an unspoken sentence that was told to them through those very words. The scene continued to play and from the Witch’s horn a beam shot out and fired right for Sir Corazon. An explosion occurred and the mist filled the scene up like a fog.

These are his days, this wandering storyteller. Moving from place to place, telling story after story. Giving tantalizing words to feed the imagination of those willing to listen. Upon his flank he bear’s a lovely Cutie Mark; A gold Heart shaped lyre with three miniature golden heart shaped lyre’s floating around it. This storyteller goes by the name of Heartstring. He was born in Manehatten, with two wonderful parents, a unicorn father, Mystical String, and a Pegasus mother, Cherish Joy. They cared for him and tended to him until he left home when he was young.

He had been traveling ever since, for the very purpose of finding what he is meant to do in life? He had been traveling all over Equestria for over thirteen years, he’s currently eighteen, and he had thought that his travels would be over once he found his cutie mark…but that was ten years ago.

There is something else that is holding this unicorn to this life. Something that keep’s him moving, that is the reason behind why he keep’s traveling and never stop’s to settle down anywhere.

Princess Celestia had set the sun finally and Princess Luna had given rise to the moon. The young ponies had long since gone to bed after the story that Heartstring given them. Throughout the Crystal Empire everything was still and quiet. Many going to sleep for the night, few ponies still wandered the street.

Heartstring was one of those few that wandered the streets of the Crystal Empire. He released a yawn and covered it with a hoof. He made his way over to a bench, which settled, right outside closed clothing store named “Shimmerz Fashionz.”

”Another city, another story…” he spoke softly to himself as he sighed and his head lowered, a mixture of exhaustion and depression.

---
Epic Tale
Prologue Chapter: One's True Calling
    Participants: Binkel, Mr. Market(will join in later chapters.), Obsidian Pony, DualThrones

24 hour post time limit.
  No particular posting order.  Just make sure everyone gets to post before you post again (unless they missed their 24 hour time limit, then they get skipped.)
Any questions feel free to ask me through PM or in chat or in Skype.

As a note;
    This is the beginning of a long epic tale of Heartstring's purpose in life. Each player will be apart of that, how you go about it is your choice, but essentially it's an adventure across Equestria to the Southern lands where the overall goal is at. What you do is up to you, and your free to affect the story how you wish.

Last edited by Heartstring on Fri May 09, 2014 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted something, make sure you read the post carefully so you're responding correctly.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 09, 2014 5:42 pm

The gentle clip clop of hooves didn't seem worth noticing initially, just the same slightly echo filled steps of a pony out for a late night stroll because they couldn't sleep or perhaps because they simply preferred the night sky.

Without the initial leap then slight thud it wouldn't have been worth paying any mind. Except that any nearby to hear them could tell that, for all the apparent effort being made to keep quiet and mask their presence, whoever the pony was who was making those noises was practically advertising their location as well as probably that they were up to no good.

After all, what other reason would they have to be up on the roofs of the crystal buildings?

In truth he should've started earlier but the stallion's story had been interesting to observe to say the least. It hadn't been long since King Sombra had been ousted from the Crystal Empire, at least from the Crystal Ponies perspective; there had been no millennium long long gap between Sombra's reign and his return for them and it had only been in the last year or so they had gained an actually benevolent leader.

And yet that stallion was able to enrapture the foals like he hadn't even seen Princess Cadence do yet. Granted he'd only been here a few weeks but still.

Lowering his dark blue wide brimmed hat down a bit further and pulling his identically colored cloak closer around his face, the pony took a running leap, clearing right over the storyteller stallion and his bench to land on the roof of the clothing store.

He straightened up, not even acknowledging that he had just leapt a distance most non-pegasi wouldn't even dream of attempting, withdrew a lockpick from his pocket and set to work on fidgeting with the lock of the shop's skylight.

He felt a tiny twinge of dread for every tiny creak and scrape: any sound made was a mistake and any mistake could turn disastrous but he needed more bits and fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm

As twilight fell on the Crystal Empire, two unicorns were walking down the street, approaching the center of the city were shops like Shimmerz Fashionz could be found. The taller and visibly older mare looked down at the older filly beside her and smiled, leaning down to nuzzle into her mane with motherly affection.
"So, the Crystal Empire," she said in an upper-crust Trottingham accent. "Honestly, Verde, I'd have expected you to start from Trottingham, if only for the sake of nostalgia."
Verde smiled and leaned into the nuzzle. Whereas her mother has just a small pouch, she's carrying triple the ordinary number of saddlebags and appears to be having no trouble doing it. In the faint light, one would just barely be able to make out the shape of what appears to be some kind of lenses, one of the lenses extending out into some sort of tiny telescope, propped above her eyes. Hanging from leather straps ahead of the first saddlebag is a crowbar on one side and a long knife on the other.
"I might as well start from somewhere, Mom," she replies, her accent strongly touched with Canterlot influence. "And... I don't know, there's just something about going south. It feels like I'm going downhill, a nice gradual pleasant slope towards something better." She looks around. "And by far, this place has t he greatest potential for growth, and possibly a unique library as well given its history."
Her mother sighs and kisses her cheek gently, lingering on the gesture a moment longer than necessary. "You know why I require this of you."
Verde laughed. "Mom, I'm not sure which one of us were more in favor of this. Even when I was in school, I yearned to escape the ivory tower and actually learn, and no place provides more scope for my talents and for my improvement than the real world, with true reality, and laws of physics that apply directly and without mercy. By the time I return to you..."
"...you'll make me even more proud than I already am," her mother finishes. "I'm not sure how that's possible, but I'm sure there's a book somewhere that'll explain the metaphysics of it."
Both mother and daughter share a chuckle and another nuzzle. "Be careful, be clever, be wise, be sober, be patient, be kind, be yourself," the mare tells her, embracing her. "Do that and you cannot possibly fail in this."
Verde hugs her back. "Failure has never been a possibility," she murmurs. "I love you, Momma."
"I love you, Verde Tin." And with that, the mare turns and walks into the darkness. Verde looks after her a moment and takes in a deep breath, letting it out, before turning towards the nearest shop--which happens to be Shimmerz Fashionz.
"Hmm... well, I guess I begin where I'm standing then," she says to no one in particular. "I wanted adventure in the great wide somewhere; I wanted it more than I could tell. And it was truly grand that I had somepony to understand that I wanted so much more than they had planned."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Binkel

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat May 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Twilight fell over the Crystal Empire, and the brilliant light of Celestia’s sun was being gradually replaced by the softer light of the Moon. All the while providing a cacophony of color and light to sift through the Crystal Empire as it did. The scarlet burn in the sky as the city, returned to its former glory would surely light up the night in a way any of Equestria’s old cities could only hope to one day compete with. Indeed, Phoebe was not the pony to have her jaw drop at aesthetic beauty alone, but even she had to admit, it was pretty damn impressive. After all, she had to give a chuckle or two at how she’d lost track of time staring into the natural wonder that was the Crystalline sunset. Even from the café chair in which she sat, coffee cup in hoof, it was truly a marvel.

She scanned the scenery, taking absentminded sips of her beverage. It was piping hot and poorly prepared, but quite frankly, she didn’t mind. The scenery was just so calm. So tranquil. Certainly a welcome change of pace from the bustling hussle of the L’astrologia. She wouldn’t trade the life she had there for anything in the world, though it was rather nice to get away for a time.

“Hey Jay.” she finally beckoned to the mare sitting besides her by the round cafe table. “Thanks for letting us tag along.”

The mare besides her, Jaylin Blue, smiled warmly. “Oh don’t mention it. I’m just happy to have someone to be with when I’m out of the prosecutor’s office.” she said, her voice just as warm and sweet as Phoebe remembered it to be.

“Hah.” Phoebe responded. “Still, I appreciate you dragging us all the way out here for a reunion.”

“What can I say? I’m honestly just happy to see you guys again.”

Phoebe glared absentmindedly at Jaylin. Not really paying attention as she took in just how much her friend had grown since she last saw her back in high-school. Her mane still a short, sharp blue with a single black stripe running through, her grayish white coat, and those oversized wings that she constantly complained about back in high-school. Phoebe wondered briefly if she still struggled with a bad back...

“Hey lovebirds~!” a drawling third voice came from the third seat. Ripping Phoebe from her absentminded train of thought. “Ya just gonna spend the time to stare off into the sunset or what?”

“Stick a sock in it, April!” Phoebe barked with a hint of playfulness at the mare whose grin threatened to split her face in two. “Can'tcha see we’re trying to enjoy the scenery. You know, half the reason we came here.”

“Suuuuuuuuuuure~, “Scenery”.” April quipped, making quotation marks with her hooves. “C’mon PB, we all know Jay took us here so she could hope to take ya to bed, if you know what I’m sayin’. ”

Jaylin’s face turned an embarrassingly deep shade of red, already augmented by the neutral color of her coat. Her eyes darted to and fro, locking on Phoebe and April before darting to and fro some more. “Tha-That’s not...”

Before she could finish her stammering mess of a sentence, the green mare broke out in a guffawing fit of laughter, grasping for air, all the while turning many mildly disgruntled heads of the cafe customers. 

“Oh Jayjay. You’re just as easy as always. Ya honestly didn’t think I was gonna let ya forget about that crush ya had on Phoebe back in High School did’ya?” She finally said, having finally stolen herself for long enough to regain her speech, she slapped her friend on the back. “Relax, Ms. Prosecutor, I’m only joking.”

“You know April, you don’t have to call me that now that I’m off duty.” she responded in a soft, matter-of-factly tone.

To that, April scoffed. “No need to call you that? Dude, you were amazing back in court last sunday.” she punched her mildly in the shoulder. “You’d become chief prosecutor in no time with that sorta success.”

“No, I don-”

“What’ya mean ya don’t?” April suddenly burst out, “Ya gotta be ambitious, shoot for the stars, ta know.” She kept on gesturing to the sky, flailing her hooves about adding to her allready expressive body language.

And like that, she kept on going. Waving her hooves around talking about how they were all destined for greater things. How Jaylin would become the best damn prosecutor in the country, getting defendants found guilty left and right, despite the prosecutors insistence that it was about finding the truth. She kept on going about how that was gonna make her some pretty neat riches in the near future. Mentioning rather clearly that she certainly wouldn't mind spending some of that ample cash on some new clothes, referencing to the "Shimmerz Fashions" shop right down the street.

“How about you, PB?” She finally snapped her head around to Phoebe after rambling to her white-blue friend. “What’s yer plans for the future.”

Phoebe lifted an eyebrow. “What’ya mean “Plans”?”

April reclined back in her chair, letting out a deep, satisfied breath as she gulped down the last of her coffee. “You know what I mean. What’cha gonna do when you inherit that restaurant of yours. That, uh, Astologomogica?”

“L’astrologia.”

“Yeah, that. I mean, it’s not long until yer old man croaks and you get the family fortune and all that smack. What’cha gonna do about that.”

To be frank, Phoebe was caught off-guard by such a heavy question, and coming from April of all people. The girl who the last few hours had done nothing but smoking pot and annoying the locals.“I’m... actually not sure...” she said, in an uncharacteristically timid manner. “And please, don’t tell me Venice is about to croak, he’s a nice stallion.”

“Yeah, I know he’s nice, but all that stress is starting to take a toll on his health, I recon.” April said in a surprisingly serious manner. “I am a pharmacist for a reason, PB.”

Phoebe scowled at her friend’s observation “I thought you just used that as an excuse to get access to weed.” she snorted.

“Heh. I guess I had to learn a thing or two to get that access.” She chuckled. “Still, ya can’t deny that the old man is getting, well, old. And you should start making plans for taking the reins.”

Phoebe glanced up into the now darkened night sky, and took a deep breath. Honestly, she had hoped she wouldn't have to think about it so soon. Especially not since she was at a reunion-vacation at the Crystal Empire. She knew that her old man was getting older and more frail. Quite frankly, she had suppressed the thought for fear of where it might lead her. Momentarily, she closed her eyes, allowing herself to drift away into her own thoughts...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat May 10, 2014 7:09 pm

In the darkness of the night, hidden from pony sight, tiny black crystals began to stick out from the ground. Their size no larger than a mouse, so it's extremely easy to miss if you aren't looking for it in the first place. They poke out of the ground, at the corner of buildings, in shadows.

Heartstring, while sitting at the bench, cause wind of the near by clip-clop noises, but as he glanced about he didn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. In fact, the noise he presumed came from the Mother and Daughter that walked down the street. So he, naturally, assumed it as their hooves on the street. He couldn't help but yawn again just as this mysterious noise made a thud, so he missed it entirely. "I've exhausted so much energy today..." he stated.

His attention was on the two mares for the moment. Slowly he blinked, and yawned for a third time, this time he shook his head to alert himself. He needed to figure out what is it he's gonna do. Mentally he counted off the amount he had earned today, and pondered about whether he had enough bit's for a room at the INN tonight. Though finding a place to sleep was the least of his concern. It didn't bother him as much if he needed to sleep outside. He had been doing such a thing for many years now, but he did admit...a bed would be quite nice every once in a while.

Though the importance of getting a bed seemed quite distant to him. His stomach grumbled and he took a deep breath and shut his eyes. He had to think on what he needed to do, get something to eat, or get a good night's rest? Decision's decisions.

Shimmerz Fashionz, luckily enough, didn't have an actual alarm installed into the building...well...nothing that blasted out like a horn. There was indeed something else inside, which had been sleeping up until now, lying in wait. Silent and listening very carefully.

Heartstring had opened his eyes and sat up straight when he had become fully aware that somepony was standing not to far off from him. He stared at her a moment, before turning his gaze away to look behind himself and stared at the closed fashion store. He glanced back toward's that mare, which upon getting a second glance he noticed all the thing's that she had been carrying. Of course he couldn't make out, due to the low lighting, everything she was carrying, but he was able to see the size of the bags.

Almost out of instinct. "That is quite the load you're carrying."

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun May 11, 2014 2:40 am

Until that moment, it seems that Verde hadn't noticed the stallion laying on the bench even though she'd been looking practically right at him. A quick blink and her gazes shifts down marginally to settle on him. "Oh, hello!" she says, a smile spreading across her face. "Terribly sorry, didn't notice you laying there." Her mind taking the next step and actually processing who she's looking at is a switch that wouldn't be hard at all for Heart to see, especially because her eyes comb over his entire self and settle on his cutie mark before trailing their way back up to his face.

That is... an awfully pretty stallion, she said to herself as she looked him over. "And... um... thanks for the concern, truly, but it's not needed. The saddlebags are constructed with an underframe to distribute the weight and make them quite comfortable to carry about, though I think I should like to hire or find some manner of wheeled conveyance in time." She walks close enough to extend her hoof to him. "Verde Tin, and who might you be, sir?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun May 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Hoodwink paused momentarily when he heard the voices from down below, just in front of the shop. Not just the storyteller talking to himself, as ponies sleeping on benches sometimes did in his experience, but instead other voices, mares by the sound of it.

He didn't pay much attention to their voices, thankful that they would help cover the slight snapping sound as he got the skylight to come loose, catching the now free panel of glass before it fell and shattered to ruin his position.

That along with the glass windows making up most of the front wall of Shimmerz would provide a complication but it was dark out here and the light from the moon and street lamps would be reflected outward from the crystal structure of the building. Hopefully that would make him harder to see actually inside the building, which would be especially important for the next step.

Poised with his legs ready to spring off the building and off into the dark at a moment's notice, Hoodwink produced a small vial of pink liquid from his pocket; he eased his roof through the skylight to let it drop as little as possible while still breaking, to reduce the noise. He let the tiny vial go and with the tiniest of smashes it shattered on the floor of the shop.

The pink liquid instantaneously turned to gas on contact with oxygen and slowly began filling up the shop.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Heartstring gave a gentle smile and a light chuckle. "It's quite alright." he stated as she had apologized for not noticing him sooner. The explanation of the under frame that she had was quite intriguing. Well at least he didn't have to concern himself about it being far too much weight for her to carry. When she had moved closer and introduced herself, Heartstring stood up from the bench, personally he found it rude to introduce himself while sitting down. His hoof met firmly with hers and 'shook' and he also bowed his head as well. "Quite the pleasure to meet you, Verde Tin, I am known as Heartstring." he politely said.

After introducing himself he put his hoof down and straightened himself out. "I don't mean to be rude when asking, but what brings you out here in the middle of the night?"

The chatter between the two ponies did cover the noise, at least enough so they wouldn't notice, but what did notice the noise was the guard within Shimmerz Fashionz. As soon as the vial fell in and hit the ground, the guard dog began to bark, thought the bark wasn't deep, it was rather high pitched. From the darkness the small dog ran out, barking to high heaven's, though it ran directly for the area where the vial had fallen and in the short minutes that followed the dog's barking died out as it fell asleep.

With the small dog now insight of Hoodwink, he'd be able to see that the guard dog was a pomeranian.

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue May 13, 2014 12:03 am

"Ah, a polite blighter," Verde smiles to him. "So you're known as Heartstring... does that mean Heartstring is your name, or a name you prefer?" She gives him the ghost of a wink after the question, so he knows that she's teasing lightly and not actually prying. "And what brings me to here in the middle of the night is adventure Mister Heartstring. An adventure that's meant to start where I stand and end where I want to end up, with all sorts of amazing and impossible things occurring between hence and... thence..."
Verde trails off when the dog starts barking from inside the shop right next to them, a couple barks leading away, one back fading... and then no barks at all. "Um... am I imagining things or did an amazing and impossible thing just occur right next to me mere minutes after I started my adventure? Because that would be fate just being completely cheeky with me, and that just won't do." She gives him a grin and floats the crowbar out of its loop in her magic. "Sooo... adventure then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue May 13, 2014 10:38 pm

Hoodwink scowled and swore under his breath as the dog had enough time to get out a bark but no matter, he had to move on or else he'd just wasted resources for absolutely no reason. Hopefully that dog didn't draw too much attention, or someone would be getting lumps they could've avoided as he unravelled his grappling hook and set the hook onto the roof; the four pronged hoof had been tipped on each point with powerful suction cups, no chance of forcing it into the crystal of the building.

Wrapping a rag around his face he dropped down into the shop and made a beeline for the register, stepping over the dog to avoid stepping on it and potentially waking it up all over again. The gas would afford him a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Binkel

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Eyes still closed, Phoebe sat perfectly still as she meditated on the question asked to her by April. While she did not think for a second that the thoughts of her adoptive parents kicking the bucket was a pleasant one. Phoebe wasn’t stupid, and her bunny-eared lawyer of a friend was absolutely right. As much as she hated to admit it, her folks were growing old. Of course, they wouldn’t bite the dust quite yet, the elderly pair have been noted by many for their extraordinary health, but Phoebe knew all too well that time catches up with all, and in the end, makes very little distinction.

Venice and Emilia Matriciani, though they were reaching their 67th and 65th year respectively in good health, would probably not be able to handle the hassle and stress of running one of, if not the single most prestigious restaurant in Canterlot. Phoebe realized that she was eventually going to have to take over the reins, probably sooner than later. In all honesty, while she had known for a very long time that this day would come, the prospect of actually having it happen terrified her. Beyond anything she had ever known.

Taking a deep breath, she finally lifted her sight, looking at both of her friends. An awkward silence lay heavy in the air as the mere presence of her old highschool companions seemed to drown out their surroundings rendering them little more than muffled background noise. Phoebe could feel her heart thumping in her chest as she mustered up the wit to respond.

“Would you mind if I went for a walk?”

April snorted, her facial expression making all too obvious that she felt cheated. “Sure, take the time ya need.” she responded, quickly dropping the disappointed look for a friendly, if somewhat mischievous smile.

Jaylin, whom Phoebe had noticed had been giving April a subtle, but still present stink-eye, just turned to her friend, giving a smile and a friendly nod. “Sure thing, we’ll be staying here in the meanwhile.”

“And if we’re not here, you know where to find us.” April pripped up with a grin and a wink.

Phoebe gave an amused snort at the gesture, for all her terrible jokes, unapologetic attitude and apparent social ineptitude, April never failed to bring a smile to the young unicorn’s face. Just a certain irresistible charisma that she absolutely loved. “Hotel room, then?” she guessed.

“Yeah.” April responded, her grin having somewhat softened into a friendly smile. “And just remember, if you ever need to blow off some steam.” she gestured to her saddlebags, “I’m your mare.”

Phoebe rolled her eyes, flashing her friend an equally friendly smile. “Yeah, I know.” she said, tightening her saddlebags, and getting up from the spot in which she sat. “I’ll see you guys in a bit.”

Turning down the street away from the cafe, Phoebe could hear her friend’s light banter. At least, she was pretty sure it was light banter. It could just as easily be Jay scolding April for being too straight forward with her questions. She let out a nostalgic sigh, they were just as she remembered, and she wouldn’t want it any other way. 

Eventually, even their voices faded into the cacophony of background noise as Phoebe drifted away into her own thoughts. Walks had always acted as some manner of therapy for Phoebe. Something she could do to get away from things when they got too stressful or uncomfortable. Whenever she would find herself unable to think straight, she would go for a walk, and let her mind wander. Whether they’d travel to her regrets about not having taken Emilia’s offer of learning to become an Opera singer, or just another scene in a book of hers that she would think of. It didn’t really matter, because in the end, it all provided her with peace.

Phoebe never considered herself a particularly deep or philosophical person. In all honesty, she kinda thought people who insisted on being so damn philosophical about everything to be either superficial plebeians who thought too highly of their own intellect, or the nutcases that thought there to be some philosophical undertone to anything. If anything, they both annoyed her equally. Both of these people forming the bulk of what used to be her high-school philosophy class. Whether by their hooves, or because of her general lack of interest in the finer workings of philosophy, Phoebe generally shunned the subject.

Still, as she trotted down the crystalline pathway of the appropriately named Imperial City, she couldn’t help but think that there were perhaps some merit to these philosophical thinkers. What with their theories of life and the sort. If it wasn’t for the pretentious ponies that actually worked with the subject, she might actually have developed an interest for it.

Phoebe paused for a moment, the subtle clattering of her hooves subtly leaving her hear. She looked up from where she was standing, “Shimmerz Fashionz” the sign read. She scoffed, she had never really understood why poor literacy was such a popular trend within marketing circles. Maybe it was some sort of mechanism for talking down to people? Shrugging it off, she found herself a bench nearby, and sat down. Barely registering the two ponies talking at the edge of her vision as she pulled a pen and a brown book out of her saddlebag, and began scribbling something down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 14, 2014 9:55 pm

He opened his mouth as if her were going to respond, but merely kept his mouth shut and gave a light chuckle after Verde Tin had winked letting him know that she was merely teasing him. Thought's crossed over his mind as she spoke of seeking out adventure. It's rare for me to come across somepony who speaks of adventure like this... It captured his attention and he focused his gaze on her, analyzing her the best he could. Taking in each detail of her body language to see if he could read something more, and then barking happened.

Heartstring turned his head to where the noise came from and he arched a brow in confusion. His focused was on Shimmerz Fashionz when he spoke. "I would say that...." he turned his head towards Verde and stepped back in surprised when he noticed she had a crowbar floating in her magic. "Oh saint's under the starlit sky...what do you plan to do with that?" Well the question was more rhetorical than anything, and his voice hushed lower so that he wouldn't attract attention, well there wasn't that much attention to attract in the first place given that not many were out in the streets.

He wondered if he should even try to stop her. Well what did it have to do with him? He just met her, he can always just walk away, right? "If it's an adventure you seek, then you shouldn't go about it..." his sentence fell short as he noticed a new pony come near them and sit upon the bench that he had just not so long ago risen from.

Within Shimmerz Fashionz the sleeping pomeranian laid on it's side and very quickly it fell into REM sleep and it's little paws began to twitch as it is dreaming that it is chasing something. The layout of the building itself was quite simple, near the front where the store's window was, were several pony mannequins dressed in the latest of Crystal Empire fashions. Several circular racks were placed with enough space for ponies to move through. Along the walls were accessories; purses, necklaces, belts, etc.

Closer to the back of the building is the counter where the register is located at. Of course within the register there was a small amount of bits always within the register. Even behind the register was a small dog house for the pomeranian to sleep in along with it's food dish and water dish on the ground next to the small dog house.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 pm

For a pony who seems to have literally been dropped into the middle of a strange city to fend for herself, Verde's body language betrays no anxiety. Her tail flicks back and forth in agitation, but the tiny crook at the edge of her lips and eyes sightly wider than normal betrays the fact that the agitation is more excitement than impatience or irritation. For a pony so heavily-burdened, she seems to bounce a little in place, her adrenaline pumping and the crowbar twirling a slow, graceful spiral in her electric green magic. It seems to be precisely as Verde said: she's excited to have adventure and break away from what was apparently a mundane existence... although if he overheard any of the conversation at all, Heart might find himself wondering just how mundane of an existence one could have with a mother who'd go along with a scheme to drop her daughter off somewhere and let her find her way back home.
Verde tilts her head a little and twitches her left ear, looking more than a little perplexed by Heart's question about the crowbar. "I'd think that's obvious, Heartstring.. we can hardly investigate a theft in progress or stand a chance of running off the thief if we can't get in. I don't have a complex tumbler lock so I wasn't able to learn advanced lock-picking, and to smash the windows in would be pure vandalism and most costly to the owner than a theft. Thus, a crowbar applied at the precise angle at the point of maximum connective weakness should permit efficacious entry without undue damage to the door. A quick 15-bit repair job--and I have many times that much with me--would ameliorate any complications arising from this course of action."
She pauses from the recitation and grins. "In case that was too long, didn't listen, my plan is to force the door in a way that'll do as little damage as possible so we can save the owner from much more severe damage to property arising from the theft in progress. The question now is, will you undertake this endeavor with me? Will you watch, thus providing the illusion of a strong and possibly dangerous stallion backing me up?"
Abruptly, she turns to the bench Phoebe is on and taps the crowbar hard enough on the cobblestones to hopefully get the mare's attention. "And what of you, miss? Would you follow along and have matters of greater thrust and moment to write in your book than you otherwise would? Because at the very least, a comical reverse in which the plucky heroine is mistaken for the thief would be fun to write home about."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Binkel

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Scribbling around with the book in her scarlet magical grip, Phoebe would most likely give off the impression that she was… a decently unshakable mare. Lost in thought as she was an oblivious to her surroundings as she was. Whether that was the case or not…

*Clack*

...Was questionable.

Phoebe jumped at the loud bang of the crowbar on cobblestone. Muttering something incoherent following the tiny gasp she gave off in responce.  Quickly, in a visibly frazzled manner, she tucked the scarlet-tinted leather book by her side, looking as if she was hoping the mare addressing her wouldn’t notice the leather bound tome. She glanced up at Verde as she posed her question. Listening with the intensity of a primary school student caught scribbling crude caricature of his teacher. All the while, her ears twitched momentarily as she would give the book a quick scowl, betraying what looked to be an expression of frustration.

From the bench where she sat, Phoebe was pretty sure she had gotten at least half of what Verde was saying. Quickly scrambling to get her thoughts into order, the blue unicorn, still seated on the bench, proceeded to respond in the most well-articulated way she could.

“‘Scuse me?” she blurted out, rather ungracefully, her Manehattenite accent laying somewhat thicker in her voice than it usually would.

Mentally scolding herself for messing that up, she tried again, clearing her throat.

“Err… Sure, let’s do this!” she declared awkwardly, not entirely sure of what she was getting herself into.

Last edited by Binkel on Fri May 16, 2014 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Hoodwink couldn't help but be rather exasperated at whoever had the genius idea to leave their Pomeranian in a shop over night but he ignored making any comments to himself; it had been a fault of the thieve's early on in his career and one that his at the time mentor had firmly trodden out of him for being a waste of time during heists.

So he ignored that and scampered over to the register, gently fiddling with the lock as he attempted to pick it, oblivious to the sounds from the door due to the rag partially covering his ears. There probably wouldn't be any large amount of money in here but anything he could take he'd be happy with, plus these ponies already had a business, they'd be fine.

Besides, if he wanted to fund enough money to get back at Diamond Tip, he'd need bits sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 16, 2014 1:52 pm

"Waaaayyyyy upon the..." without missing a beat of a drunken slurr and off-pitched squeal. "Suuuuwanneeeiiigghhhh rrrrrrriiiivvvvveeeerrrr." a hiccup escaped as a crystal pony staggered out of the bar that was just past the Cafe, which Phoebe came from. From within the lively bar someponies shouted. "Shut up! You're terrible!"

This drunk pony stood moving and turned around, his dark purple coat, and pure silver short cut mane, upon his flank shoed a stitched pattern outline of a shirt. "No, you're palpable!" his eyes squinted as he thought about what he just said. "Palpable? What...Ahhh whatever, you all are beautiful. Stay that way. Good night everypony!" Several good byes were shouted back to this pony who began staggering away. He also wore a really nice purple shirt. He continued to stagger away from the bar, very carefully, minding his own steps. He headed up for Shimmerz Fashionz. "Okay...to pick up Pooky and then go home." He then went back to off-key version of Old Ponies at Home. "Way upon the Swaaaannnneeeiiiggghh rrriiivvvveerrrr far far, awwaaaayyyy."

Heartstring in all honesty couldn't believe what is just happening. A mare shows up out of nowhere demanding adventure and here he is attempting, though failing, to make sense and now another one was pulled in, possibly because of their state of confusion, into agreeing to break and enter into a clothing store. Wouldn't it just have been more simple to teleport in, rather than to break the door down? Heartstring could only breath in deeply to collect his thoughts. He looked right to Verde, staring right to her eyes. He already was able to tell this pony wasn't going to back down. She seemed decided and from what he could tell, it was best to just let it be and let the hay fall where they may. Well it seems that this adventure, at least for Verde, was going to start up in the most interesting of ways, for Heartstring on the other hand, he wasn't so sure about this. "Very well, it doesn't appear that speaking would make a difference." Heartstring as well had a Manehattenite accent, but it was rather minute that noticing it at first is near impossible unless you were specifically looking for it.

Heartstring looked to Shimmerz Fashionz and he kept his composure and stood with his head held high. "I shall assist."

Meanwhile further up the street.

"So Emerald, tell me again how you joined into the rank's of the Crystal guard?" spoke a younger larger crystal stallion with a crystal grey coat and donning the Crystal Empire signature armor. A small, but more serious in appearance, mare donning similar armor and a crystal green coat. . The only difference between the two armor's was in the chest-plate which donning small crystal stars, thus signifying rank. While the stallion, an earth crystal pony, had only one, the mare, a unicorn crystal pony, had two. The armor was divided up into three parts, the silver head piece, the chest-plate which could be disconnected separately from the back piece which covered over the haunches. They were patrolling the area as part of their usual route and we chatting back and forth about random things to help pass the time on their patrol.

------
Ooc: Just so it's absolutely clear.

Drunk pony will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 3 of my posts.
Crystal Guards will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 4 of my posts.

^ this may change depending on what you guys do, as it may accelerate their progress.

Last edited by Heartstring on Fri May 16, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 pm

The excitement and zeal faded immediately from Verde's expression at Heart's response and she lowers the crowbar so that the end rests on the ground. Her eyes narrow and become hard, and her lips compress into a line of distaste. "Excuse me, but 'it doesn't appear that speaking would make a difference'? Precisely what is that meant to mean?"

She looks towards Phoebe, giving her a quick flash of a smile and an appreciative nod, before her attention returns to Heartstring and the distasteful expression returns. "Well, whatever you meant by that, let's test it. Speak on, Heartstring, and let us see if speaking makes a difference. I am an educated pony, or at least I better be after the mountain of bits Mother gave the university, so speaking is an entirely viable option if that's the one you prefer." She leans very slightly forward, not enough to be menacing and certainly not enough to invade his personal space. "But speak quickly because regardless of its form, that action is needed here, now, is not up for debate. You know what I would do; what do you desire to change with your speaking?" She withdraws a step and watches him steadily, waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Mon May 19, 2014 1:56 pm

The change in emotion was extremely quick and Heartstring glanced at her with surprise. He hadn't expected such a huge shift in change like this. He honestly had expected something like a joyful 'Nope' or something along those lines that would have kept the excited energy about this, but this shift, he hadn't expected this at all. "Well this is quite the surprise, however I do believe you're reading too much into what I just said." He controlled himself again and looked back toward's Shimmerz Fashionz. "Whatever action you decide, you best hurry and be prepared for the consequences afterwards. Now unless you decide to stop doing what you stated you were going to do. I'd say the time for action is now, there will be time for words later."

The drunken pony is stumbling ever so closer. Still singing his off-tune song and talk to himself about his pomeranian pup Pooky. If one were to look down the street, they would be able to see a figure heading their direction and vice versa, except that the drunken pony had a difficult time really being able to focus on things that were a distance from him.

The Crystal Guard's are getting closer. They still shit chat amongst themselves their topic now shifting over to their last job they had to do, which involved being on guard duty for the castle gates.

------
Ooc:
Drunk pony will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 2 of my posts.
Crystal Guards will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 3 of my posts.

^ this may change depending on what you guys do, as it may accelerate their progress.

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 am

Verde smiles warmly to Heart and raises her crowbar again, walking over to the doors and very gently pressing the straight end into the gap between the doors, not pushing just yet. Then one of her saddlebags opens and a long leatherworking needle floats out in her magic and this she pushes as deeply as she can into the gap and begins to run it up and down. "Now, just need to find the two bolts... aaaand..." the needle hits something solid and she grins. "...there she is, the deadbolt. And then..." she withdraws it and moves it down, whereupon it strikes another obstacle "...we have the main bolt."

She puts the needle back and moves the crowbar to a point right over the deadbolt and shoves it in, denting the wood slightly... and then gives it a quick shove in one direction and then in the other, punching a square dent into the wood along the path of where the bolt would be sunken when thrown. She then retrieves it and does the same thing with the main bolt. The crowbar goes back to its loop as the door pops slightly open, the dents exposing the ends of the two bolts and rendering the locked state irrelevant.

"OK you two, stay back..." Verde instructs them as she takes a large step backwards. "And be fully prepared for anything, including violence if the thief is more of a thug than a robber." she grips the handles in her magic and yanks at the same time she takes another step back and then releases the handles from her grip and draws the long knife with an easy magical motion, holding it ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 pm

The moment the door was opened Hoodwink was up in the lighting fixtures of the shop, leaving a half empty register and a room still half gassed beneath him; the stallion had only had time to relieve the owners of roughly half of what had been left in the register and even that wasn't as much as he would've wished for. Though judging from the sounds of a crowbar or something similar being used on the door, him being discovered by the actual owners was unlikely.

He decided to take a guess at who was there, in the hopes of catching him off guard.

"You'll spend time better counting your feathers Wither, I got here first." He called out in his thick, lower class trottingham accent to the griffon he presumed was breaking in as he spoke. He kept himself pressed into the shadows in the parts of the roof that had shelves or lights to stand on, keeping out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Binkel

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Phoebe’s gaze shifted rapidly between Heartstring and Verde as she stood up and braced herself. While her face betrayed absolutely no emotion outside of what may be deduced for her seemingly nervous eye movement, her mind was an entirely different story. First of all, she STILL wasn’t sure just what was going on. Just what the green mare and the… colorful stallion were up to. Honestly, she was still trying to figure that one out. Just what was the colorful pair up to? Was this their idea of a honeymoon? Is it more just a hobby? Was the stallion dragged along just like she had been? Maybe there was some kinda conspiracy to this, maybe there was some kinda dark magical creature resting underneath, locked down by the crystal ponies of yore. Maybe they were gonna try and resurrect this demon and release Tartarus ON THE WORLD AND ALL WHO DWELLS WITHI-

“Uhh, you okay boss?” came a raspy, mid-pitched voice, ringing in her head.

Phoebe snapped out of her ridiculous train of thought, immediately, she straightened herself up. “Y-Yeah, of course, I’m as okay as okay can be! I’m the queen of okay!

“That’s a rubbish title.” came the voice again.

“Shut up.”

“Hey, I’m just here to remind you to pick me up. I’m a book, I can’t sprout legs and walk, you know.”

Phoebe glanced back at the bench where she had been sitting, sure enough, she had forgotten to pick up the book. Of course, it wasn’t by any means a normal book. With the ability to telepathically speak to a pony, it was by all definitions a very special book. With a quick snap around – probably giving of a greater sense of urgency than intended – Phoebe swiped up the leather-bound book and stuffed it haphazardly into her saddlebag, earning a yelp from the voice in her head.

“Hey, HEY! That’s real faux leather you’re dealing with there!”

Phoebe mentally scoffed, “Since when did you care about things like that?”

“I don’t.”

Concealing what would probably have been an exasperated groan, Phoebe straightened up, and positioned herself to the side of the colorful stallion. In a not particularly subtle manner – in a more glaringly unsubtle manner, truth be told – she examined her new… partner in crime?

Years of working in the restaurant-business had made Phoebe a rather keen observer when it came to details regarding the ponies around her. A lot of the times, she could read a pony’s body language to tell how they felt. Of course, she couldn’t read minds, that would be an invasion of privacy. Keenly, and with unblinking eyes, she began running a mental checklist about what she knew about this pony:

- From what she picked up earlier, his name was Heart...String? Yeah, that’s probably it. 
- He also had some funny looking markings on his head. Tattoos, perhaps? Or maybe some kinda tribal marking?
- His horn was a bit longer than usual. Compensation for something?
- Good Looking build.
- Decent flank.

“Yeah, that sounds about right.” Phoebe thought, mentally patting herself on the back. Conveniently ignoring the fact that she wasn't able to "deduce" anything more about the stallion.

Blinking a couple of times, Phoebe’s mind finally traveled back to the situation at hand. She still wasn't unsure about what’s going on. Verde was at work with what looked like breaking open the main entrance. She could swear doing something like that was illegal. Nonetheless, if she was gonna be caught stealing, she might as well have properly introduced herself to her accomplice.

“Greetings.” she said, trying her damnedest to present a decently friendly smile. “I’m Phoebe.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Wed May 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Heartstring still could not believe just what he was getting himself into. While the intention's were good, it was still breaking and entering, there was bound to be trouble after this no matter what. So the best he could do was simply just keep a very good eye out for anyone that may be arriving in their direction. Of course he kept glancing back towards Verde who was working on the door.

In moment's his gaze fixated upon Phoebe, least that's how she had introduced herself as, who stood next to him. He gave a gentle smile and lightly bowed his head. "Many apologizes for the lack of a proper introduction. As you can see..." By this point Verde had finally gotten the door open.

With the release of the door from it's closed state also meant the release of the gas that Hoodwink had used to make the Pomeranian, Pooky, fall asleep. The bright pink smog slowly rolled out of the largest opening in the store...The Front door.

Promptly seeing the bright pink smog roll out, Heartstring's horn lit up, along with the marking's upon his face and his iris's, and surrounded himself and Phoebe, since she was next to him, in a transparent 'bubble'. His gaze shifted over to Verde and he exerted a little more energy to create a second shield bubble around her as well. The shield would protect them from whatever that gas was. He didn't know and he didn't want to bother to find out. Of course, he had to concentrate to keep the shields up. Of course the shield would also protect them from any other external forces be it magical or physical. So long as they stayed inside it.

The Drunkard pony looked ahead and saw nothing but hazy lights in the distance. He stopped moving and squinted his eyes trying to focus his vision well enough to make out exactly what it was. Though with the amount of drink's he had in him, seeing clearly wasn't making it to the top of his list of thing's he's able to do while drunk. "W-hat the buck..."

The Guard's on the other hand were able to see light's in the distance, possibly from Heartstring's magic. They paused a moment and looked at each other as if mentally trying to decide who should take point. Of course they needed to move with caution. The larger of the two guards decided to take point and the smaller guard would provide back-up. They both proceeded toward's the bright light. Their pacing increased.

------
Ooc:
Drunk pony will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 1 of my posts.
Crystal Guards will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 2 of my posts.

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Thu May 22, 2014 5:19 pm

"Verde Tin, charmed," Verde says to Phobe as she's working on the door. "Nice to have you along."

For a pony who seemed somewhat fresh-faced and academic, Verde is remarkably quick on the draw: only a moment after Heartstring's bubble pops up, she pops her own bubble and then pulls it in, causing it to resemble some sort of skintight covering over her entire form. She blinks in surprise at the comment from the male voice with a common Trottingham accent but immediately walks into the shop, her knife held at the ready. "Don't be silly, I've already done that," she replies to the voice. "I have forty-two, mostly griffon because they have the strongest fibers and make for wonderfully durable crafting materials. I even have a couple phoenix feathers--don't ask, I certainly didn't--and one from a roc." She pauses, as if something just occurred to her. "Wait, who's Withers? For that matter, who the bloody hay are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sat May 24, 2014 12:51 am

Hoodwink paused slightly but only slightly; even though she obviously wasn't Withers she could easily be part of his little entourage sent to come and have a go before they actually got here in bulk to take him down. Though she was perhaps playing the role too well, he had a seriously hard time believing that anypony from Trottingham hadn't at least heard of him by now.

On that note, he attached his rope to the nearest pipe and dangled from the ceiling, hanging upside down and looking at her from the otherside of the store, his hat somehow staying on and his cloak defying gravity to not fall over his face. "Recognise me yet?"

In truth, maybe she didn't if that accent was inherited but even that was unlikely; everywhere he'd been to except the Crystal Empire was plastered with his wanted posters, it was part of the reason he'd come here to begin with. Rather hard to steal in a city where everyone is already looking for you before you've stolen anything, lesson learned to not tangle with ponies who would hold a grudge and ensure his face became known.

"Now, assuming you really aren't in league with Wither, mind telling me why you're messing with my business like this? I am a little busy after all." He spoke as if she'd come into his shop just after closing, not like she had walked in on him stealing from a shop he had just gassed. His calm was almost unnerving.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   Sun May 25, 2014 1:07 am

Heartstring had taken notice of Verde's magic , though he kept his up as well, mainly for the security of it. Better safe than sorry, no? Though out of Heartstring's peripheral he had noticed somepony walked up in their direction.

The drunkard pony had moved in closer. His vision clearing up the closer he got. He began to make out figured's and shapes, and even the building's were getting clear to him, and even though he didn't need it, he knew which building was which by the number of buildings apart it was from the bar. Why would be be able to recognize it? Well because this drunkard pony is the fine establishment's owner; Shimmerz Fashionz.

Heartstring had to think quickly, if this pony were to gather the attention of Guard's they would all be in trouble. "Solutions would be appropriate at this time."

Shimmerz, though at this point Verde was already inside the building speaking with Hoodwink, narrowed his eyes and his head seemed to bobble just slightly. The look upon the drunken stallion's face was still elated and unfocused, though he did seem to be trying to focus willingly. He seemed to be in this state of trying to figure out whether what he was looking at was real or not.

The guard's from a distance yelled out. "Hold it!" the larger stallion leading in front.

------
Ooc:
Crystal Guards will arrive to Shimmerz Fashionz in 1 of my posts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One's True Calling. [Private]   

Back to top Go down

One's True Calling. [Private]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next