A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Truly Evil?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:40 am

One moment, Ician was standing there, about to open the door and head back into the mansion in which he would likely find himself terribly lost and stumble onto all sorts of traps again, and organising a mental checklist of all the resources he had on him. The next moment, a huge explosion emanated out from the house and he was flung backwards, forcefully, and tumbled onto the grass again. A small part of him noted the deja vu from earlier, but the rest of him decided that, for now, he ought to just lie there until he recovered. Which might take a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:55 am

While Ician laid on the ground, fairly close to where Diamond was laying as well, June had almost made it to the building, but she didn't manage to get any closer before before a moment of silence passed. A moment when time seemed to possibly slow for June and Dusk as they were the only ones who'd be able to see. As Dusk glanced into the bag, he had all of five seconds to start throwing it away before it was suddenly vaporized in an explosion. The rapidly expanding fireball consumed him, and continued to grow to the point where it'd at least singe June while sending her flying backwards.

While Ician and Diamond would only have to contend with a ringing in their ears, and June had to deal with some burns, the fourth member landed with a heavy thud in between the group and the still burning manor. The blackened and charred body wasn't moving, and some parts were just completely missing.

Overhead, the rising column of smoke had drawn the attention of several others and soon pegasi were appearing while dragging clouds heavy with rain over to the burning building to extinguish the flames.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:19 am

There was a loud ringing in Diamond's ears. There had been an explosion. There were weather ponies here to help. Something had happened. She was completely uncoordinated, her movement was clumsy. Then something landed with a thud nearby. Diamond didn't need to move closer to know who it was. It felt like something had been unceremoniously ripped from her chest. Something important

Diamond's strength left her as she fell to the ground. Her eyes stopped processing information. She still couldn't hear. The grass she fell on was nice and comfortable. Very comfortable. She went limp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:31 pm

In those last five seconds, it took Dusk three to notice the explosives, one to get past the fact he was toast, and the last to make a futile attempt to run. He managed to drop the bag, turn himself around and take his first step of a gallop when they exploded.

The next thing he knew he was on the ground outside, unable to move. His back legs were gone, his mane, tail and coat were entirely singed off and the skin underneath was burnt. He managed to make out a few groans in pain, unable to do more than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:42 am

June saw the incoming fire, and reacted as quickly as she could, stopping just as it hit her.  She was sent flying away, rolling along the ground.  She came to a stop, and rose shakily.  The rush of missing panic had taken away her empathy again, and her medic instincts took over completely.  Only minor first degree burns to her person.  They could wait.  She checked her pack for rips or tears as she waited for the smoke and heat to dissipate some.  Finding none, she scanned the area, and spotted Dusk. Damn. She made her way over quickly, and made some assessments of injuries.

Extremely severe burning, of course. Most severe around the back legs, which have been completely removed. Injuries are cauterized, so the bleeding is minimal. The burns don't seem to go deep nearer the front, but certainly cover a large area. Overall, very little she could do with her current supplies, as expansive as they were. She couldn't exactly stitch a burn shut. She looked up, and saw the pegasi trying to extinguish the fire. First responders. Perfect. She reached into her backpack's side pocket and withdrew an emergency whistle, blowing loud, clear notes and waving the pegasi down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:53 am

Hearing the whistle, a couple of the pegasi flew down to the group to see what was going on, however the moment they realized that the blackened lump was a pony and not just a piece of the house some new commands were being shouted. A new pair of pegasi appeared shortly later, a pair in white coats with red '+'s on them and carrying a stretcher. As they loaded Dusk onto the stretcher and prepared to fly him to emergency care, the pegasi returned to making sure the fire was out though not before glancing behind the group.

The cause soon became apparent as a couple unicorns appeared out of the woods, stoically moving towards the three remaining members of the group. These ponies were also wearing the elaborate armor of the royal guards. As they approached, the one in the lead spoke. "Lieutenant Colonel Ician," he started with salute, "Major Aegis, your presence is requested back in Canterlot for a report and a full debriefing on Sin Ester's most recent activity," she said with a formal tone. The major then pauses to survey the destruction that is the burning building behind the group. "You and your companions are to return at your earliest possible convenience while responders see to the damages here. If there's anything you'd wish to collect from the remains, the fires should be out shortly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:43 am

"Oh, for goodness sakes..." Ician slowly stood up, rubbing the side of his head. It was aching, partly from the battle damage he'd sustained and partly from the migraine that was building up from all the stress. "My presence? How did you even know I was here? I took leave for the week. Has the Captain really been tracking my movements everywhere? Unless you were just watching the manor in particular." He sighed and turned to the burning structure. "Not that there's very much of it to watch anymore. Immediate return for my party may not be possible, though, given their current condition. But if nothing else I shall return; I cannot say the same for them." He began to think. "Is there any transport arranged?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:07 am

"Sir, we were ordered to keep a light surveillance of the manor as it was a suspected residence of the criminal Sin Ester, but were unable to enter as we'd yet to receive a search warrant. Seeing you and these other ponies enter the manor has actually placed you all on the suspect list, though as we don't exactly expect resistance with complying with the princesses wishes from you or these other... ponies is why you're being aloud the freedoms of going to Canterlot at your leisure," the major explained.

"And transport should be on the way, it'll be here momentarily. Would you mind sir, asking if your companions would comply? They might be less defensive if approached by you after your venture with them," she continued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:07 pm

"Less defensive if I approached them?" Ician grimaced. "I think you'd have better luck than I. In any case, I hardly think the proper course is to bring them to a debriefing." Ician moved over to the others and looked them over. "They require immediate medical attention. More so than I, at any rate." He grimaced as the pain of new wounds started being felt across his body. "Bring them to the hospital first. I'll attend the debriefing alone, for the moment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:12 pm

"Yes sir," the major replied with another salute and giving a couple orders to the other guards she'd shown up with. After they departed to carry out what orders they'd been given, the major turned back towards Ician. "Do you require any medical treatment before attending the debriefing Lieutenant Colonel?"

While the major asked that question, the other guards had gone to either assist in putting out the fires or help with the other members of the group. One was trying to get Diamond's attention first by addressing the catatonic pony and then by clicking his hooves together in front of Diamond's face. Another had rushed over towards June and began asking her condition and if she needed help with anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 pm

"I'll be fine." Ician grunted, moving about in small movements to test the extent of his injury. It wasn't exactly light, but it wouldn't be life threatening. Not even close, really; much luckier than his companions had it. "I'll attend the debriefing first. Divulgance of information is top priority, and it must be done as soon as possible." He stopped moving and stared at the major. "What's the ETA for the transport?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:02 am

June's mind wasn't panicked, her rushing emotions blocking out whatever panic she might have picked up.  But she was far from calm, looking between the various sights, her mind rushing.  She looked at the medics as they took Dusk.  He was injured badly, she'd have to check up on him in the hospital when this was all over.  Make sure he was healing up well.  Say a proper goodbye, give him the info on a good prosthetics dealer, promise to write letters she would forget to write.  The usual things.  Then she looked at the mansion as the fires were put out, and the blackened body nearby.  Was it already over?  Was the adventure called off? She suddenly registered the guard speaking to her. "I'm not the worst off here, and I'll get better." A pause, which she used to look him over with her silver eyes. "Is the adventure over?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:16 am

"10 minutes," the major responded with a curt nod. "So, Lieutenant Colonel, what was it like inside there," the major asked while looking to the the remainder of the burning building that was slowly but steadily being extinguished.

"Over?" the guard pony replied after she accepted Junes response about her injuries. "What are you talking about. You're being asked to report to Canterlot to give a statement about what was found in the manor. Sin Ester's still out on the loose. Just yesterday we received a report that he committed a major act of vandalism and made a standing threat to an unknown number of the nobility in Canterlot," the guard explained before realizing she was being called over to the other guard that was inspecting Diamond.

The guard that was inspecting Diamond hadn't gotten anything from the pony/changeling hybrid. Barely a twitch no matter what he'd tried, and the guard was getting worried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Diamond convulsed, sensing something near her. Her hearing hadn't recovered yet, but something was near her, maybe if she dropped the disguise, she could tell what it was. She would panic if she couldn't figure out what it was. Her disguise fell away, revealing their true form. Diamond's sensory frill picked up multiple ponies, though switching forms didn't fix their hearing. Diamond murmured something under their breath. This wasn't going to end well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:37 pm

The medics weren't able to do much for the charred remnants of Dusk. Though he was alive, it was only a matter of time until he died unless he got to the hospital, and even then his chances of survival weren't high. With every second counting, the medics gave Dusk an oxygen mask, since breathing was difficult for him due to damage from the explosion, and immediately carried him off to the nearest hospital.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:01 am

"What was it like?" Ician turned back towards the burning wreckage that was slowly being extinguished. "Filled with paranoia, drama, and occasionally some fighting. Really, the whole thing was just bizarre. I think I'll be happy to have my hooves back on Canterlot soil. Or... concrete. I'd rather not do that again." He paused. "I don't suppose we have any new leads on Sin Ester on your end?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:19 am

"Oh. So there is more. Got it." June noticed the other guard waving at the one she was talking to, and looked at her for another second. "You should probably go help with Diamond." With that, she wandered over to where Ician was talking to an important-looking pony. She listened for a moment. "I have some stuff from inside the manor, if it'll help. And a bunch of notes I took." Her new delivery, a comolete deadpan, was notably different than her usual upbeat tone. Or even her casual. It was... dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:46 pm

While the two guards continued to work basic medical checks on Diamond and see to make sure there weren't any severe physical injuries. Then Diamond's true form was revealed and both guards edged back in surprise. "Major! We've got what looks like a changeling here!" One of them shouted while the other kept a spear trained on Diamond with magic. With the weapon hovering in the air, the guard set to binding Diamond's limbs before continuing the medical examination.

Over to the side, the Major looked at June in some surprise before nodding. "Yes, any notes or other writing by Sin Ester that might shed light into who he is or what his plans might be would be of an immense help," the Major replied before hearing the shout from her subordinates. A worried expression crossed her face as she turned back to Ician. "Did you know you were traveling with a changeling?" she demanded already beginning to move towards the restrained pony.

Approaching the scene, a flying chariot could now be seen approaching from the direction of Canterlot at a rather high speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Diamond curled up when they sensed the guards and began to whimper, letting out chirps of distress, their mind not capable of much more. The guard bound Diamond's hind legs first. Diamond attempted to lift her head, turning it to look at the guard. Tears were streaming down their face. In the end, Diamond lacked the strength to even lift their head up, instead laying there, unable to move while the guard bound their forelegs.

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:25 am

June followed the Major as she walked to Diamond. "Yes, we knew Diamond was a halfling. Most changelings I've met aren't at all bad. Guards just assume. She's probably very scared." Her tone remained dead for the most part, though it carried an intentional hint of annoyance. When she reached Diamond, she changed her expression to worried and compassionate. The fear coming off of her smelled strong, and the tears solidified it. June glared at the guards tying her up, making sure the sunlight glinted off of her eyes. "Let her go. She's been through a lot yesterday. Also, she's under influence of love potion. Give her time before you assume enmity." Specists. June looked back down at Diamond, and her expression softened. She gently lowered herself down, and spoke in a soft, comforting tone. "Hey, it's okay. Let it out. It'll be alright." That was comforting, right? She hoped so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Ician rolled his eyes. "Sigh... I believe the correct term is 'halfling'. While I was aware for some portion of our mission, I was not able to act on it. Until now." He pointed a hoof at Diamond. "Restrain her, but be gentle. As of now, she is in effect innocent of any wrongdoing, so I expect her to be treated as a normal citizen would, barring her arrest. Also, she needs to be inter..." He faltered. "Interviewed to attain her side of the investigation in the manor. I want no stone left unturned." He looked at the others. "For that matter, I expect our entire party to be under heavy guard. Including me. If any of us try to escape, I expect us to be subdued. With violence if necessary." He turned to the incoming transport. "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm

The instructions were met with a moment of hesitation, just long enough for them to remember that Ician was a higher rank and the levitating spear to be returned to the back sling where it rested. Then with a new level of caution, the guards continued binding and restraining the apparent halfling. When the guard who was binding Diamond was finished, he went back to his medical examination, but the lack of apparent wounds he soon found himself packing up supplies.

Meanwhile, the guard who'd shouted moments ago was starring at June, with a mix of determination and uncertainty. "Uhm, miss, I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the cha... the halfling, please?"

The major was about the only one who didn't hesitate on Ician's orders, and set about standing near him as a guard would while the chariot came in for a landing. It didn't take long, and soon enough the guards were moving to assist/carry Diamond into the back of the larger and somewhat spacious chariot, the plan being 2 guards would go with the trio to the castle, and they'd take off as soon as everypony was aboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:51 am

Diamond felt a familiar presence approach, their crying began to slow, but they still quietly chirped. Each chirp now wasn't distress, it sounded more and more like mourning. Diamond lay still as the guards finished binding them, almost relaxing as it happened. As Diamond's eyes began to droop, they found themselves lifted up and set in the chariot. They struggled against the bonds for a few seconds before giving up and laying still again, waiting for the familiar presence to come back.

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:01 am

June sniffed.  The guards were uncertain.  She could get her way, here.  She rose to her full, unimpressive height, looked the guard in the eye, and spoke with a confident voice.  "I am bound by an old medic's oath to make sure this halfling is not harmed."  Which was complete bovine manure, but they didn't know that.  Maybe she had oathed ad some point in the past.  But she was in character.  "For the time being, that means being a comforting presence after her potential mate's hind legs have been burnt off." She narrowed her gaze, and made an attempt to join Diamond in the carriage. Of course, if the guards physically resisted her, there was approximately nothing she could do about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Ician sighed at June. He turned to Aegis. "I shall leave this decision to your jurisdiction, Major. But let me remind you, June," he turned to June, "that at the end of the day the law will take precedence over your oath. At present, I foresee many charges being brought against him in due course, not least of them massive property damage. He will be treated as a suspect like the rest of us, and although he must be treated gently there will be no allowance when it comes to security. If that manifests in his treatment by the Guard then know that there is ample reason." Ician would himself then get into the carriage, and signal his readiness to depart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truly Evil?   

Back to top Go down

Truly Evil?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next