A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Oathbound was appalled at the guardspony's actions - Sure, Freedom Bright was being disrespectful and he had expressed his desire to sock him one. But he kept his hands to himself. His memories of being part of the Guard were clear and this was not what they were taught. Once the legionnaries had separated the two and there was a space of calm after the spat, he snapped his eyes to Diamond Mind
"What the hell was that about, soldier!? State your name and rank, this instant!" He said with authority, going to a drill sergeant's tone and mentality. It had been a long time since he last had to use it.
"I don't know what you were taught back home but when I was in charge this would have been grounds for dishonorable discharge from the Guard! How dare you dishonor the traditions of the Royal Guard like this! When we arrive you can bet your sorry flank I will have you drilled till your horn feels like it's going to fall off and your hooves' calluses will have calluses on them! You will not rest until you have learned to follow orders to the letter! IS! THAT! CLEAR!?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:20 pm

Up until now, two particular ponies, in a far corner of the Tribus carriage, had been sharing a (comparatively) peaceful nap, leaning on each other for comfort and support as the unicorn had her head tucked under the thestral's chin and the thestral's wing almost completely obscured the unicorn in a cocooning hug. Only when the carriages were brought to a halt and the Legionnaires started shouting over the current commotion did the ponies wake up with a start.

The unicorn gasped, her eyes snapped wide open and darted around even as her brain didn't fully comprehend the information it was receiving let alone the context for it. By the time she realized what was going on, it was over, and all she could really do was glare at the entire carriage of ponies ahead of her and grumble, "Seriously?"

The thestral, clearly the older of the two mares and in her middle ages by the looks of it, was a bit more peaceful to wake up, simply doing so quickly as if she'd been caught dozing off at work. She looked at the commotion, then back to the ponies in her own carriage with a quirked eyebrow, and after everything had settled down asked, "Anypony care to tell me just what that was about?"

"Another Tartarus-freed fight, no doubt." They'd seen plenty of those break out in the camps. Ponies in grief lashing out, ponies who'd lost everything and were angry with everything and everyone. Ponies who tried to regain what they had lost, felt entitled to what they'd had and so started conflicts in trying to restore a semblance of their former comfort. Ponies who refused to let go of the past, insisted they were still nobility, knights, Guards, celebrities, or some other form of Very Important And Better Than You. There were so many reasons to fight...

It's so stupid.

Crystal had been in the first category. Though her anger had been mostly verbal, it had still been anger: anger at the humans for treating them so roughly, anger at the Legionnaires for caging them so readily (She'd heard stories about concentration camps, and the only thing that had been missing from the camp she'd left were the dozen flavors of slaughterhouses), anger at her fellow ponies for being so Celestia damned- ARGH, EVERYTHING! She knew ponies liked their facades of pleasantry, but she never could have imagined how fast or how far that mask could fall.

If Crystal had to guess just what had caused a fight this time, judging from the lack of undoing an unwilling donation of resources or items, she would say it had either been a matter of grief or pride. Of course, she'd probably learn more soon (despite earnest interest in doing the opposite), because Merry just had to ask...

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Tue May 01, 2018 1:05 pm

The larger armoured wolf spent most of her time memorizing her surroundings as she, much like many others, waited to be set on their respective carriages. Much like any other time, she raised her ears as she heard names being called out, hoping she'd finally get a ride out of this place. Once Tabi heard her name, she almost immediately stood up with her belongings and walked to the line for her carriage. The wolf followed the other's example and gave her form and name before boarding the carriage, suspiciously inspecting the other passengers on it. She had no pockets to pick, at least not visible ones, and she kept an eye closely on her backpack at all times, uncomfortably sitting in the corner of the, for her, very tiny bench as they slowly rode.

During the ride, she mostly suspiciously eyed the lynx and thestrals, although Tabi mostly kept silent and ignored the chatter next to her, only taking a quick glance around her, looking at the nature around them when she was sure the other passengers were busy with something else. The armoured wolf silently growled as she watched the spectacle of pony jumping over to another carriage, somewhat curious as to why the said pony was still without wounds at the end for possibly threatening the guards. She made a small mental note as to trust this pony and their apparent offspring even less at the end, growling at them as Purse made it back to her carriage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Wed May 02, 2018 5:12 am

Diamond, broken fist raised, was about to bring it down on Freedom's head one more time. Had it not been for the sudden interference of an...oddly familiar pony, followed by the commotion the Imperials were making over her attacking Freedom. She failed to find her footing and landed square in a sitting position in the cart. She wordlessly took Tea Leaf's hand, her right hand making a distinctive crunch as it held Tea Leaf's, bleeding profusely as she was helped up. She went back to her spot, shooting Freedom a death glare. "Yes. Yes, you are. And if you try shit when we get to that camp, your jaw won't be the only thing to worry about." She took a moment to nurse her mangled hand. Thanks to all that movement and commotion, her hauberk had shifted enough to show that she was wearing...well, a lot of unique royal guard insignias under her hauberk, in almost immaculate condition, as if she valued them more than her own well-being. The number had to at least be in the low forties.

Letting her guard down was a mistake because immediately she heard what she could only assume was her drill Seargent and her eyes snapped open. She instinctively, upon being asked her name and rank, formed her gnarled hand into some form of twisted salute, the blood from her hand running down her dingy white fur and over her right eye. "C-Corporal Diamond Mind, acting field commander of six sq...squads of...the...s-second...battlemage..." She was choking. She couldn't finish it. While the madness had gone from her eyes, she was looking at Oath, but he wasn't there. She was looking at something else, but nothing interesting was where she was looking. Her hand continued to throb and pulse, the damaged fingers crackling and trembling as the broken gauntlet quietly creaked.

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Wed May 02, 2018 10:23 am

"Corporal, eh? A comedian is what you are! From now on you're Private Dirt Digger until I say otherwise and you will like it!" He then took the bandages still dangling from the bleeding hand and applied them the rest of the way, removing the broken gauntlet before putting a splint between each finger and tightening them, then taking another set of bandages and turning his attention to Freedom Bright. "Now you, hold up your head while I make sure that jaw of yours will heal properly. Maybe if you're lucky you'll be able to keep on yapping once these come off." He said in a slightly softer tone but still very much recognizable as one belonging to a member of a highly trained member of an army before getting to work wrapping the bandage tight around Freedom's head, not caring if the revolutionary protested.
Once he was done, he turned back to Private Dirt Digger and put the rest of the medical equipment in the unicorn's bag. "Now, Private! Your first order, sit still as a statue, no talking, no laughing, no crying until we arrive! Carry them out!" He barked at the wounded soldier.

All the while, his thoughts were with the occupant of the coffin. He imagined her reactions to his tone, especially the reaction of her filly-age self. He'd used that tone in a more playful manner when Twinkle was growing up, who had laughed at the mock-seriousness he had fielded back then.
Now though? She would be scared stiff from the harshness and level of noise he was making. Even as an adult she was a bit of a scaredy cat.
"Sorry you had to see that, Twinkle... We'll be there soon, I promise." He said in his mind.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TathemRelag

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Freedom Bright didn't resist Oathbound's medical attention to his face, but he still glared at the Guardspony the entire time. "I don't know what you're playing at, Guardspony," he growled through his clenched teeth, "but I'm not falling for it. I still don't like you, and I still don't trust you. If you really cared about working class ponies, you'd have done a lot more than this a long time ago."

Then he turned his glare back to Diamond Mind. "You keep telling yourself that, keep justifying your actions to yourself. But you don't seem to have any arguments left, and everypony has seen now that you were the first one to resort to violence. 'Try something'? Oh, no. I think I'm going to do something." He leaned back in his seat, his arms crossed. He tried to smirk, but his expression immediately shifted into a grimace as the sound of grinding bones came from his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chappy

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Wed May 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Knoxx quietly observed the events as they played out before him. He had no love for the guard, and thus did not empathize with the unicorn when she attacked Freedom Bright, but he was impressed at how quickly she acted. He also was silently relieved that he did not provoke her, as even with his size, he could tell that her punch would've hurt him as well.

He jumped in surprise when the other pony jumped into the cart. He looked back to the other cart, before losing balance when the cart came to a halt. He turned and saw the fight being broken up by both the mystery pony and the legionnaires. While there was some part of him that wanted to see the fight get finished, he was glad that it was stopped before it got too out of hand. 'This cart is too small for this', he thought.

When everything settled down, he noticed an earth pony shout at the unicorn. He raised an eyebrow at this, and after him commanding her to remain still, he turned to address her.

"Why do you still listen to him?" He asked to the Unicorn, gesturing to the Earth Pony. "I got that you two were guards, but you don't have to do what he says anymore." He opens his arms, and looked her in the eye. "There's not really a royal guard anymore." He stated, looking both at the legionnaires and their immediate area, trying to make a point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PLOTYNSTYNE

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Thu May 03, 2018 10:17 pm

"Y-yeah...That would- I-I'd like to...meet your f-friends..." Clair replies to Sunshine's comfort under her wing, sobs slowing. "I think-" And then that sound. That sound. Actual fighting. And that wasn't any light contact, that was heavy, and sounded like something broke, bone or metal or both. Clair's sobs return, louder, and he stays huddled against Sunshine, crying hard until dying down some once the Imperials force in and restore some order.

The shouting doesn't stop there (and neither does the crying), but now it sounds more like a soldier berating an inferior rather than trying to start something. It's only once that bout of shouting is over that he turns his head in that direction, tears darkening and matting the fur on his face. The Unicorn (who he now had a name to attach to, Diamond Mind). From the sounds, she was clearly the one who struck first (and possibly the only real one, he'd been crying and blocking some of it out), and her hand was clearly injured, her energy focused there as her body enacted healing. Freedom has a matching bright patch on his face.

He pushes his face back into Sunshine, shuddering. He could maybe use some of his recently-discovered healing magic for them, but he's not sure he can really do much for them overall...and right now he really doesn't want to try asking them if they'd like his help anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Tue May 08, 2018 10:07 am

Wild Card's card shuffling never stopped even as he listened to the spectacle going on in the carriage in front of the one he was in. Voices being raised, weapons being drawn, more reminders that he was most certainly in the peaceful carriage. However, as much as the other passengers in his carriage were keeping to themselves - much unlike those in carriage Duo - the little filly who had been rifling through his pockets certainly had a thing or two to learn about manners.

But instead of saying anything about the attempts at thievery, Wild turned to Purse and displayed the cards in his hand with a smile. "Want to see some tricks? I can tell you're bored of all this waiting around, with all these dull adults having dull shouting contests. They must have sticks up butts for some of them, I say." The pegasus said with a cheerful tone, holding the deck of cards in one palm while covering the top of it with his other hand.

He raised the hand on top upwards, lifting many of the cards but also letting them fall back down to his other palm, and after so many had fallen he clapped both hands together and kept them closed. "Also to answer the question of why there was a bit of a fuss... Don't know. I think I caught some stuff about the Royal Guard, so I guess someone's blaming them for not being able to save Equestria, and some of those over there were part of the Guard or disagreed? Would be odd to blame them given so many gave their lives to let more through the portal, but I suppose when you've lost your entire livelihood you want to blame someone." Wild commented, opening his hands to reveal that the cards were missing, and even shaking out his sleeves to show that the cards had not found their way into them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   Yesterday at 10:25 am

"Putting myself between swords and spears is an unhealthy habit but it's a habit nonetheless." Tea Leaf remarked quickly but stopped walking for a moment as the two nodded towards Purse; for a brief moment anger flashed across the eyes of the suited stallion which faded once he actually looked at Purse Cutter playing with a deck of cards she appeared to have pilfered from the other well dressed stallion next to her.

Choosing to hold his tongue since he really doubted he could avoid warning them to ever bring up Purse like that, the stallion took the last few steps back to his seat and sat down where Purse's odd eyes were looking intrigued at the card tricks, her pink eye especially was glued to his sleeves and seemed to be trying to pick out the trick.

"Thanks." Tea Leaf said simply to Wild Card, indicating Purse as he leaned back in his seat as much as the carriage allowed, catching the eye of the wolf growling at him and wordlessly raising an eyebrow.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.   

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls: Portal From the Unknown Prologue.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: NSFW-
Jump to: