A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:23 pm

In the life of a Mercenary, the work one could get into had its fair share of unusual threats and encounters; At times, that also included who one was allied with. Such was the circumstance of Sugary as he awaited in front of a temple to meet his work partner, Salem the Inquisitor. He already had mixed feelings about the sort of company he might have to be dealing with, but there was just no denying that there's been an epidemic of violent Vampire attacks, and a distinct lack of stabbings and purgings to make up for it. Even he had to agree it was time to go for a good old fashioned culling...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:03 am

Eventually the shadowy figure of a unicorn would emerge from a dingy alley beside the temple. Clad in an outfit of dark blues and black, a longcoat to match, and a wide brimmed capotain with a colourful yellow plume. As the figure emerged the sun’s light would glint off of a breastplate hidden under all the dark colours and illuminate a pair of tufted, grey ears sticking out of the brim of the hat.

Coming to a stop right in front of Sugary’s face the figure would raise its hat slightly to reveal a pair of pale blue eyes and a toothy smile, a pair of slightly elongated canines immediately becoming obvious.
“Sugary Market, I presume?” The figure said before holding out her hand, “Salem Sunrise.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:34 am

As the mare came closer, he became more observant of her features, taking some of her gear into account ahead of time. In some ways, he had a somewhat nostalgic air about him as she greeted him, smiling very subtly at her as he reached for a firm, very firm, but kindly handshake. "... Yep. I'll be our pilot for as long as this task and contract is to persist... Any questions before we leave or need to make along the way? I assume you're ready to get going, but best to double-check." He seemed rather fixated upon her face, something appealing reflecting in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:04 am

Salem’s own handshake was rather firm in its own right. She looked him up and down, taking in his muscular frame and the brighter red of his clothing. Sniffing slightly she also caught his sugary scent in the air. Overall he seemed a little too... well, distinctive and garish for her usual taste in hired help but he’d do her just fine. “Oh, I’ll be quite alright I assure you. I’ve got everything I need with me and my... well, travelling companion, I suppose, is has some more mundane items on hand. Everything has been accounted for.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:25 am

Sugary nodded to Salem up till the end, cocking a brow at her. "Companion...? I hope I get to meet them soon enough along the way. I'm curious as to what an Inquisitor considers a worthy partner to be..." He looked more intently upon her gear, assuming she meant a tool or weapon of some kind before he waved inside. "In any case, welcome aboard to the Black Mambo. I'll show you around a bit to your room, living space, and then we can get started..." And so he would... Limited as the living spaces themselves were, between two cozy bedrooms, a kitchen, and bathroom, his custom cargo cruiser was certainly a very passable home in itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Besides a silver sickle and a small quiver of crossbow bolts on her belt Salem didn’t appear to be carrying much on her person (at least not openly, anyway).”Heh, Burlap is just a general dogsbody of mine. He doesn’t do much of note unless drinking away his pay counts... actually you may want to secure any alcohol you have on hand if you wish to still have it when we’re done. But anyway, lead the way.”

As they went through the Black Mambo it would quickly become clear that this ‘Burlap’ had somehow made his way aboard the cargo cruiser unnoticed and helped himself to whatever was around, leaving the middle aged earth pony drunkenly slumped in a corner in the kitchen where he’d decided to fall asleep. The other sign was that the rest of Salem’s possessions had also made their way into one of the bedrooms. A heavy, battered looking trunk sat on the bed and a crossbow propped up against a wall.

Salem stepped inside and sat at the foot of the bed. “Well, I am happy to say this is rather more than I expected. Terribly sorry about Burlap, though. He’s like that.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 pm

At one point, Sugary had to look out for Burlap's search for alcohol on account he carried next to none of it meant for drinking; The stuff he did have for drinking was mostly for very rare occasions he had hidden away, or for wound treating. It surprised him that the stallion was that eager for a hard drink in mixing pure alcohol with juice. "Oh, come on...! It's broad daylight...!"

Eventually, he would just be sure to be more scrutinous with the stallion when it came to it. His attention came upon Salem entirely at the bedroom with a small grin. "Not the first drunk and not the last to go on adventures with I feel, I just hope he doesn't get in the way of work wandering about where he shouldn't. And hey, this airship may be made for work, but it IS my own house as well. Least I could do is keep it homely enough... Well, I take it the small tour will do, no? I believe it's time we map the route and take off then if there's nothing else needing to be stored." He began to motion his way out, but did keep eyes on her if something was still lingering... If no other matters remained, he would go to the bridge and wait for her there to get going...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 pm

“Well, Burlap will need somewhere to sleep.... I see three ponies and two beds. Perhaps just a tad awkward?” Just as she said that Salem stretched and yawned, a little bit of chest fluff sticking out above her breastplate before she got up to follow him to the bridge as she added, “Perhaps we should discuss sleeping arrangements on the bridge, too. Just being in those bedrooms makes me feel tired.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 pm

He rose a brow at her on the way, his small grin become a more amused one, both from her starting proposal and the sight of admittedly endearing fluff. "... Actually, it's four beds. But, if you happen to prefer not sleeping next to someone with such a... sharp aroma to them, then I suppose there's no reason you can't be in my bedroom as well."

As it were, the airship was of a rather respectably large size for a single pilot, but upon seeing the controls, it was clear that it was possible for a single crewmember to handle most of it as the controls were adaptable for magic control, as was much of the airship; The Captain truly was where he belonged. Taking out maps and such, he would continue where they left off. "... So, about the sleeping arrangements again. Is there something about an Inquisitor's habits that must be handled for it?" He asked with genuine curiosity, even if he already gave her the option to stay within the same confines as him and only him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Salem shook her head. “Oh, not at all. My habits are quite mundane I assure you.” She glanced over the maps, not paying much mind to the control panel. “Now then, on a slightly more important note than mere sleeping arrangements ... I take it you’ve been to the Crystal Empire before? I personally found the climate rather agreeable last I was there.” Salem said, pointing to it on the map. She remembered her last visit vividly. The snow, the Crystal ponies, the horrifying vampiric cult draining dozens dry daily. Good times, to be sure... well, maybe just for Salem come to think of it but still!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Sugary seemed to stare through the air in thought more than the map itself at that question. "... You mean when it's the time of year where even the green fields need some cover of snow? You're asking for extra blankets or cover then...? Or is this about the policy for sleeping in no less than pairs in case of a vampire break-in for safety in numbers?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:56 pm

“Aye, that time of year.” She involuntarily blushed when he made the comment about the sleeping policy, “That’s... not really a thing...” For a moment she thought that this meant he was coming onto her. That was what that meant right? Right? She looked down at the map, her blush brightening slightly. “A-anyway, so how long should it take to get there from here?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 am

"Oh...?" He briefly looked to her with a more curious grin now, thinking of how she was acting. "Well, the Black Mambo's standard top speed is roughly 87 knots, so possibly by tomorrow unless we put it on Limit Break, though that would be straining me and the airship for how far we're going from here..." He considered it, but felt it would exhaust him more than necessary for the mission itself to keep it up constantly.

He then brought more attention to her flustered state. "... And are you sure that policy doesn't exist...? I know it was recommended among several of my peers these days, I would assume others elsewhere would've taken more caution as well. Is it not worth it from your experience?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:58 am

“Well considering vampires typically can’t enter one’s home without invitation that wouldn’t really be necessary. If I were to be totally blunt I’d say that’s a line you’d say to try and.... well, bed someone.” Salem lowered her hat over her face and tried to avoid meeting Sugary’s gaze as her embarrassment became more apparent. Was this what she thought it was? Had she simply misunderstood and taken it the wrong way? What was she to do!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 am

A deep chuckle left his lips shortly after she revealed her critique on the matter. "Ah hah haa...! Well, as you said; Typically, hence the precaution... That said..." He had a light glint in his eyes towards her. "You still haven't told me what exactly is it that you want to arrange for... Please, just tell me what you're really thinking, and then we'll know how awkward sleep will be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:32 pm

“Well as you said Burlap has a rather distinctive scent and sleeping in the same room as that is hardly a pleasant experience.” She sighed, “and honestly right now I’m not sure whether I’m totally misreading this or this is what your idea of seduction is and you’re just immediately trying your luck. That is what I’m thinking right now.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Sugary was a bit taken aback by Salem's honesty on the matter, not from the sheer clarity of it but her assumption about him. "... I see... Just so you know, you are welcome to sleep in my room if it helps you rest better. No ifs or buts, so don't hesitate to move some things there if you must." He then smirked a little bit. "... That said, I am not opposed to you thinking of my questioning as an advance, so long as you find me worthy company." He chose not to give her a straight answer on her doubts of him, merely letting it linger that he did not think ill of her to not consider it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 pm

“Come now, I’m not some common harlot.” She tried to fake huffing but it was obvious she was perhaps more interested in the idea than she let on as her face went a deep red colour under her grey coat. “Quite frankly I’m not even sure you that was a proper answer.” Salem crossed her arms and shifted awkwardly as she tried to shift her attention onto something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:41 pm

The stallion lightly snorted at the remark, somewhat talking apologetically, but with a small bit of sass on the side as he kept a cocked brow towards her. "It was not my intention to make it seem like I refer to you as one... Maybe it was or wasn't a proper answer... Maybe you shouldn't have told me you guessed I might be casually going for a mare's tail." If she worried he thought of her as a harlot, she should probably have not thought of him as a gigolo.

His posture relaxed of course, and kept on a bit more as the map was finished being traced upon. "... What I will say, as an absolute fact, is that you should not hesitate to ask for what you may need of me. We are now partners, and you are my guest on this airship, if it will help with your comfort and the mission... I do want us to get along after all." Not a hint of deceit whatsoever; It was up to her to choose what to do with that offer and hospitality of his.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 am

“Well, I’d rather we got along too, of course. Especially if we were to end up literally sharing a bed. But if we meant it like that I’d have to point out I’ve never really... done anything like that before...” By this point she was turning up the collar of her coat and trying to cover her face with her hands. The embarrassment was unbearable. How would she live it down if someone heard of this!? “I-it’s not like that’s important or anything, though...” She managed to stammer out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:42 am

Sugary's ears would perk somewhat as Salem revealed a rather intimate detail about herself, humming lightly in thought. "... I see... That might explain some of feeling of unrest I'm getting from you. You are correct, in that it's not really important in and of itself, but..." He would then set the map proper, and lean a bit closer to her, whether she was looking at him or not. "I have no intention of harming you, Miss Salem. Our work may be dangerous, but out mingling need not be... Now, anything else you have doubts on, or are you ready to depart?" Time and again, he would do his best to come off as amicable and approachable to her as he could at the moment. He certainly wasn't feeling like he had to distance himself from her at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:06 am

“Nothing to doubt here. Let’s be on our way before something...” Salem caught a scent on the air. Something she knew but hadn’t noticed until Sugary had leaned closer to her. She closed her legs and then sheepishly looked down and had the greatest embarrassment confirmed. The dampness she felt between her legs was actually already enough that she could see a small wet patch between her trousers. While Sugary might not be able to see the sights he’d probably be able to catch the scent of the (rather involuntarily) aroused mare on the air. “... happens...”

Her eyes darted around the room for a moment as she tried to think of an excuse to scarper back to the bathroom or something, shuffling towards the door at a painfully slow pace in an attempt to hide the apparent desire she suddenly found herself having. This really couldn’t get much worse in her mind unless he noticed. She hoped maybe he’d understand or, better yet, pretend to not notice! Yes, yes that’s a good scenario to hope for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:31 am

Sugary's pupils dilated somewhat when he did, in fact, catch wind of the scent of her heat. The fact she moved away didn't hide the lingering scent in the air at all. With her moving about and stuttering as he was, he now definitely knew this turn of events might cause complications. Already he was struggling a bit to just leave for what they came for...

But, as far as he was concerned, the smell was likely to only get worse if she was left as is. Bad timing to be sure, but expecting her to be fight ready in heat was not something he was willing to risk. So, he followed her somewhat. "S-Salem...! You're... What do you intend to do about yourself? If we take off, will you be ready to fight?" Well, he certainly noticed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 am

Salem felt an intense heat quickly building up and not just in her burning cheeks when it became clear Sugary had noticed her “inconvenience”. Almost immediately she started stammering out something before deciding to take a moment to try and compose herself instead. “I-if you must know y-yes I will be perfectly able to carry out the regular activities my office demands. I-I was just going to retire to bed or the bathroom to... w-well, relieve myself if you get I mean.” Evidently not only had she failed in her attempt to regain composure but she was also having a hard time containing her urges as she unknowingly started rubbing her thighs together in a vain attempt to get some sort of relief. Her hands moved down too and started to slowly run up and down her thighs in an unintentionally provocative display.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 am

Seeing her, hearing her, and to an extent almost savoring the scent of her in the air in her state was arousing the stallion as well. He was far more composed and focused however, though he felt compelled to let instinct speak between them. "Of course. Do what you must... I could join you however, and put our trust chat to the test?" She really had his attention, it was on her to take it with her or let it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)   

Back to top Go down

High stakes, cleansing wood. (Private)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: NSFW-
Jump to: