OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

An Ethnic Dispute

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TathemRelag

TathemRelag

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 pm

The world slowly resolved around Lightning, though it took some time for her eyes to adjust to the dim light. She was in a square room of dark gray stone, illuminated by one small window set deep into a wall several feet thick and above an elaborately-engraved desk of dark wood. Though it was blocked with glass, the panes clearly weren't too securely set, as a strong, freezing draft drifted through the room. Of course, that could also have been the result of the large, empty fireplace on the opposite wall.

Above the fireplace hung a large portrait of a fierce-looking unicorn stallion standing next to a tree, a medieval-looking city dominated by a large, dark castle in the background. He was dressed in a very archaic style, with most of his faded orange fur hidden by a white tunic heavily embroidered with gold thread and bearing a symbol of a sun surrounded by stars, black breeches with a heavily stylized blood-red symbol of a flaming three-toed claw on their sides, a blood-red cape, a gold gorget engraved with a scene of gory battle around his neck, and a strange gold diadem with two small horns on his head. Beneath his long mane of gold-brown and pink-brown stripes, golden eyes glared out from the portrait. His left hand rested on the gilded hilt of a straight sabre hanging at his side, and his left hand was wrapped around the gilded hilt of a foot-long dagger tucked into his black belt embroidered with gold thread.

Against the room's third wall was an ornate four-poster bed of the same dark wood as the desk with blood-red curtains, next to which was an equally-elaborate armoire, again made of the same wood. A circular black rug bearing the same symbol as the breeches of the stallion in the portrait covered most of the rest of the floor. The walls were hung with various swords, polearms, and shields, along with tapestries depicting scenes of battle and regularly scattered with the sun-and-stars symbol from the stallion's tunic.

The room had two doors, both of which were slightly ajar to reveal the rooms beyond them. The first, on the opposite side of the bed from the armoire, was made of a light, undecorated wood and was rather small, starkly contrasting with the rest of the room's aesthetic. Beyond it, Lightning could see a bathroom that was small but stocked with a very fancy matching tub, sink, and toilet set.

The other door was much larger, made of the same dark wood as the room's furniture, and heavily engraved and inlaid with gold. It was flanked by two identical suits of full plate armor, both covered in fluting and gold trim and polished so heavily that they gleamed even in the room's dim light. Beyond the door, Lightning could vaguely see a long corridor with a soaring vaulted ceiling. A dark orange carpet with gold trim ran the length of the corridor to the door on the other end of the hallway, which was made of the same dark wood and was even larger, though it was much less decorated. Against the one wall she could see stood more suits of full plate armor holding poleaxes in small insets in the wall, though none of them were as elaborate as the ones inside the room. While she couldn't see the other wall, multicolored lights gleaming down on the floor of the corridor and glistening off the suits of armor gave the impression of a long row of stained glass windows, depicting various battles, elaborately-dressed or armored unicorns, and numerous repetitions of the sun-and-stars symbol.
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:45 am

lightnings wrist mount sparked a bit before letting out some smoke, "oh com'on really, where even is this?" she argued at the device. looking around the room she was struck by aw, but being in some strangers castle, by the looks of things, made her feel abit off. lightning took to the air so as to get around more quickly and fluttered through the hallway scanning for a magical signature to identify someone nearby, taking in the aesthetic as she did.
Back to top Go down
TathemRelag

TathemRelag

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 am

The stained glass windows lining one wall of the hallway were just barely transparent enough in a few places that she could see a gentle snow falling outside. The scenes portrayed in the windows, however, couldn't be more opposed to the serenity of the weather they obscured. In the stylized but gory detail of medieval art, they portrayed battle after battle. Some showed conflicts between the Three Tribes from the days before Equestria was founded. Another showed a battle between ponies and a vast horde of changelings. Most of the ponies fought under the banner of the Royal Sisters, but one small group fought under a white banner emblazoned with the sun-and-stars symbol. Then came a long series of battles between ponies under the sun-and-stars and ponies under the Royal Sisters, with each battle showing a scenario more lopsided in favor of the ponies under the Royal Sisters than the last. The last scene in that series of windows, however, displayed a very different scenario. A dark orange unicorn wearing a horned crown held a sword aloft while standing at the top of the highest tower of a castle flying the sun-and-stars banner. Piled high at the base of the castle were the corpses of ponies, with the banner of the Royal Sisters sticking out from the pile. The rest of the windows were a series of stern-faced unicorns wearing the horned crown and either robes or armor, interspersed with scenes of battles against various monsters.

As Lightning flew, she detected a strong magical signature just beyond the doors at the other end of the hall, accompanied by several fairly weak signatures. More pressingly, however, she noticed a quarter of the way down the corridor that there were magical signatures inside the suits of armor lining the hall - and relatively strong ones, at that. Only a brief moment after she came to that realization, the suits of armor burst into motion, surrounding her and leveling their poleaxes at her as best they could from their positions on the ground. Faint glows surrounded the suits' metal horns, and blindingly bright spheres of light appeared above them. "Hold, monster!" One of them shouted in a muffled tone as another rushed for the doors at the far end of the hallway. "I do not know how you managed to penetrate the spells guarding this castle," the suit that had addressed her continued, "but you shall not escape!"
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 am

lightning snickered, and turned to them all, "and i was about to say this play reminds me of home, but with you lot, its just like home, but.. reversed i guess" she fluttered a bit higher and grinned a sadistic grin, "now friends i want to leave as much as you want me gone, but my dimension hopping bracelets bust, now we can play nicely guys, or, if i must i can show you why i was graded highest in my year and was the first non unicorn in celestia's school for gifted unicorns, and trust me that's not the only thing that's shocking about me" with that she prepared just in case for combat, her body drawing in magic from her surroundings and sparks forming around her.
Back to top Go down
TathemRelag

TathemRelag

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 am

The unicorns surrounding her all let out various growls and hostile-sounding mutters as the guard who ran slipped through the door. "We fear no demon," their spokesman snarled, "nor any of the Usurper's lackeys. We are the Ponigsberg Elite Guard! We have trained from foalhood to kill creatures like you. You will remain here until a priest arrives to exorcise you properly, or we will -"

"That's enough," interrupted a cold and haughty voice from the doorway, in the tone of one accustomed to being obeyed immediately and without question. "Hold the creature here, but do not engage. I shall handle this myself." The unicorn from the painting stepped through the door, and if anything, his expression was even more hate-filled than the one given to him in the portrait. The guards all took a few steps back and extinguished their lights as he approached, plunging the corridor back into the dimness broken only by violent scenes of the stained glass windows. With a motion almost too quick for the eye to follow, the newly-arrived unicorn drew his sabre and pointed it at Lightning. "Who and what are you, fiend?" He asked quietly, the menace unmistakable in his voice. "Why have you come hither and tainted our sacred home, and how did you overcome the protections laid upon it by the Golden Priests? Answer me, and I shall make your end swift and..." His scowl shifted into a small, cruel grin. "Relatively painless."
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 pm

"you," she started swirling magic with her fingers "are just like my grand dad, i mean, but in revers, that's great tho, i didn't get to kill him, you on the other hand, well your right here. but i cant imagine your honourable as he was, you promise me a chance for a 'mostly' painless but torture me with this cliche over used speech, it hurts already." she paused for a second then presented 3 fingers, "the way i see it you have three options, One, you let me go, simple, you just tell me where i am and ill go. two, we fight in honour bound combat, just us two, to the death. three, and i gotta hope you choose this one, you order them to kill me, order some loopy old git to try exorcise me, what have you, in return, ill kill yu men, burn this castle to the ground hope you exist in my world so i can do it there too and ill tell you what ill kill you all the same. see, normally i don't get this angry but it was ponies like yourself, that killed my mother while she was buying presents for the giving stone festival, that would be tomorrow, in fact, she was killed along with 87 others, and i bet that makes you happy, so, i see ponies like you calling me and my kind demons? lackeys?! oh that makes me mad, like real mad, and ill tell you what i want any chance to bring your sort of scum down" she had remained calm throughout the entire speech, but only at the end did she truly smile as she rolled her fingers and in a drum roll as each instance of  the sun and stars emblem was replaced by luna's cutie mark and each member, the images depicting the fights between the local faction and the sisters army were replaced with a happy peaceful scene of thestrals all in medieval east asian attire in a stone circle with the ponies laying presents at a large runed stone, and finally each wearer of the crown was replaced with lightning playing with said crown. "see much better, so about that honour of yours" she said grinning
Back to top Go down
TathemRelag

TathemRelag

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 am

The unicorns all stared, gaping-mouthed, at the defilement of their treasured ancient history. After a brief moment of stunned silence, the guards charged her with one collective roar of hate and rage. But just as the first swing of a poleaxe was about to fall, a single word was shouted, loud enough to drown out even the battle cries of all the guards together.

"HOLD!"

The guards froze in place, then parted before the tall, well-dressed unicorn. He slowly approached Lightning, his shoulders heaving as he literally blew smoke from his nostrils. "That," he said quietly, in stark contrast to his previous shout, "was a huge mistake." A golden light flared around his horn, and the defaced windows melted out of their frames, letting in a huge blast of freezing air and swirling ice and snow that he gave no indication of noticing. "You clearly have no idea what you just got yourself into, monster, but I am happy to enlighten you." He raised his voice to the authoritative, booming tone of a king announcing his latest decree. "I am Lord Brass Ponigsberg, the Viscount Oatstadt, heir apparent to the Earldom of Ponigsberg, commander of the Armed Forces of Ponigsberg, chosen of the Golds, champion of ponykind. And today, by the power of my ancestors, I will serve as your executioner." His voice fell back down to a menacing hiss. "You see, from the moment I learned of your presence, I already intended to kill you myself. But now? After such a vile act? I will enjoy sending you back into the Darkness from whence you came in the most agonizing way possible."

He turned to three of the guards. "You two, fetch my armor. You, get the High Priest, so he can sanctify my destruction of this fiend and provide the proper blessings. And bring another of the Golden Priests as well, so that these events may be properly documented." He looked Lightning in the eyes as he addressed the rest of the guards. "The rest of you, stay here and make sure this creature doesn't try to escape. Not," he added, as his horn flared again and a ring of fire appeared around him and Lightning, the flames reaching all the way to the corridor's ceiling, "that your aid is truly necessary, of course."
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:30 am

lightning smiled smugly "what would make you think id wan to leave, but hmm, if your gonna do all that then imma do this", her movement was fast, like a flash slamming the back of her wrist as a suit over cybernetic armour opened out from her wrist and stepped back to her pulling her in, the suit was without a helmet, but was very apparent that there was a hood like helmet that could envelope her head. she grinned sending pulses of magic to her hands "yeah, im ready"
Back to top Go down
TathemRelag

TathemRelag

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 10:30 pm

All the guards took an additional step back when they saw her suit - far more advanced than anything they had ever even imagined - envelop her. Brass merely narrowed his eyes. "I should have expected a fiend like you to not truly be of flesh and blood. No matter. Were you made of solid granite, still I would slay you." He extinguished his ring of fire as the first two guards returned with one of the suits of armor from the bedroom, along with a doublet, leggings, gloves, and a coif of cotton and a full suit of maille.

Brass's eyes never left Lightning as he stripped down to his loincloth, tossing aside his fine clothing and slipping into the cotton clothes, then pulling on the suit of maille. As the two guards began strapping the plates onto him, the third guard arrived with two unicorns wearing white robes marked with the sun-and-stars symbol. One carried a book, a quill pen, and a bottle of ink in his telekinetic grip. The other, noticeably older, had a golden mace hanging from his side.

Brass pulled down his maille and cotton coifs to allow the older unicorn to tap him on the horn with the mace. "May the fire of the Golds burn within you," the robed unicorn intoned in a solemn voice, his horn glowing a pale gold. "May their light vanquish the darkness you fight. May their power carry you to victory over all the foes of ponykind. May they grant swiftness to your hooves, strength to your arms, magic to your horn, and discernment to your mind. May the Greater Gold banish all shadow within you, and the Lesser Golds guide you in all the ways of your ancestors." The golden light flowed down the High Priest's horn, across the mace, and over Brass. It flared for a moment, painfully bright, then faded, and the unicorn withdrew the mace, finishing his chant. "Serve them in might, in courage, and in truth. Walk the Path of the Golds, and you shall persevere."

Brass gave the High Priest a shallow bow as the mage withdrew, then pulled back up his coifs and slipped his helmet on as the two guards dressing him fastened his belt, sheaths, and blood-red cape back on over his armor. Then he once again drew his gilded sabre and dagger, and he slipped easily into a defensive stance. "Okay, demon," he growled quietly. "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 12:51 pm

"golden fire, aye?" she clicked her hand and they erupted with a golden flame, electrical arches jumped around her hands making intense noise, in an instant the flame went out and the arcs intensified to a point were fires were being started and bricks began to crack and break. again the arcing ended abruptly with lightning moving quickly and suddenly towards her foe. with a manic smile on her face, she moved at an unnatural pace her hands glowing, finally when she was but 2 meters away, she flashed out of sight behind him, in much less than a second she swung for a solid blow on his back.
Back to top Go down
TathemRelag

TathemRelag

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Brass stood unmoved amidst the withering heat, even as the carpet running the length of the hall burst into flames and the other ponies in the room pressed themselves to the wall that once held the stained glass windows, seeking relief from the heat through the cold air flooding in from outside. He held his ground as she flew towards him, then took a sudden half step forward as he lunged for her exposed face with his sabre. Just before his blow would have landed, however, she disappeared, and the tip of his sword slashed through empty air.

Thanks to his extensive training, it took Brass the merest fraction of a second to process her disappearance and conclude that she had teleported behind him. He lunged forward, turning as he did so and pulling his blades into a tight guard, hoping to either ward off her inevitable attack or even avoid it completely. He wasn't quite fast enough. While he managed to avoid receiving the full force of her blow to his spine, she nonetheless managed to land a glancing but still powerful hit to his shoulder, igniting his cape and turning his pauldron red-hot.

Brass turned the force of the strike into a roll, tumbling several meters away from her and extinguishing the flames on his cape. He came up facing her on one knee, raising his blades to point at her once again. As he raised his left arm, he grimaced at the pain in his shoulder, letting out a quiet grunt. "You are stronger than some, demon, I shall grant you that," he growled as he got to his hooves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Ethnic Dispute Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ethnic Dispute   An Ethnic Dispute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Ethnic Dispute
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Battle Grounds-
Jump to: