A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Tools of the trade.(Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 am

It was a Tuesday. An ordinary Tuesday. And while elsewhere in the world there was likely some kind of conflict going on, or a dance number going about, or even the emergence of a weird hairless monkey in a village poking locals with a stick, such was not the case that Tuesday afternoon in Griffhalla's colorful airship dock mountain town where, for once, it was just a regular work day for just about every business there despite stiff competition.

Perhaps the only unusual detail is a first time visitor actually going there for a repair job; Specifically, one unicorn in red clothing walking to the workshop of one of very few mares doing business in a place full of griffons for the most part. He opened the door, took in the sights, and with a tired look to him, he walked to the nearest bell to request service.

Last edited by Mr. Market on Tue May 09, 2017 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:44 am

The building housing Bronze's warehouse was an old fashioned sort of place, it looked like from the outside it may once have been an old fashioned sort of book shop; the inside however was another matter entirely, shelves that may once have been meant to store books were creaking and groaning under the weight of bike pedals, gears, tire irons, tool boxes, engine blocks, fanbelts and anything else the mare who ran the place could manage to shove into place. A lot of these shelves were clearly only holding together thanks to a series of metal bolted support struts attached to the ends of the shelves, visually far more recently added than the shelves themselves.

As soon as the bell on the desk (which too was cluttered with what looked like half a disassembled bicycle) was rang, the bell sprouted tiny, metallic legs like some sort of bizarre spider and scuttled off to the back room, clanging madly.

"I'll be right there!" A heavily accented voice called from somewhere up above; after a few minutes and the sound of metal creaking, a trapdoor opened in the ceiling above the desk and a thestral dangled out of it from her feet, her exceptionally long mane almost touching the floor as she dangled upside down from the hinges.

"Ah, not often I get a familiar face in here that doesn't have a beak." Bronze Gasket said, with a welcoming, upside down smile. "I take it even you don't just drop into Griffhalla for a quick sip of ale and a hello, Sugary? What've ya gone and done this time?" She asked, catching a spanner that nearly fell from the brown and black coveralls she was wearing.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 am

The state of the shop made Sugary fairly dubious on whether or not he was in the right place, his only clue being the smell of oils and grime that he could swear was slightly different than that of every other workshop he passed by and the fact he had heard of this place before.

However... "Eeegh!?" His slightly dreary mood was perked as he flinched a little in place as the bell became a spider. It was at that moment he was fairly positive he was in the right place, and also lightly cursed under his breath about said startling, before the voice came along and he sighed to relax.

As the trap door came down, and Bronze with it, he kept a weak smile towards her with lightly bemused eyes staring evenly and a light wave. "Lali-Ho to you too, Miss Gasket, but it's a wonder how you get regular customers that you don't just frighten out the door with metal spiders." Verbal jab aside, his expression did soften up more, and spoke a bit more fondly and a bit less bemusedly. "... And I can tell by the look on your face, but I promise this doesn't involve Mister Leaf nor Miss Edge this time. Shame too, I've been missing their company lately. But I digress... My airship needs repairs..." He sounded a little hollow saying that, though then raised a light brow. "Some ginger ale and a friendly chat would do wonders for this weary customer to be however. Assuming you've got the time that is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 am

"I dunno ya know, you'd be amazed how many customers appreciate a quick eye catching gimmick up here." Bronze said as the spider in question scuttled back into view and replaced itself on the desk, sitting once more as a simple, innocuous bell with no sign of it's true inner works.

The thestral continued to hang upside down, though with her real arm she was actually already fiddling with some parts on her desk; evidently her urge to tinker and be busy was so urgent that she couldn't spend the precious few seconds it would take to get down, and had to start immediately. "Sugary, you actually had to ring the bell; if Razor was with you I'd have heard ya ship coming before you even got across the Griffon Kingdom border." Bronze laughed.

"I don't suppose these repairs might have anything to do with the large obstructive piece of wood and metal that's sat on top of the Ironside Mountain right now?" She asked dryly when he mentioned the nature of the job, finally standing the right way up as she dropped from the ceiling. "You've really rustled some feathers if that's your ship up there, you might've actually broke Razor's record for fastest pissing off of the Black Watch." Bronze laughed to herself and produced a bottle of ginger ale from under the desk, pouring the stallion a glass.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Thu May 04, 2017 3:22 am

He chuckled half-heartedly upon recalling how loud Razor could be, though he was still fairly wary of the spider-bell; He couldn't help but think it would lunge at him any moment, and thought perhaps he needed a good rest. At least watching his host was a little distracting in itself...

... Until she mentioned that his airship was stuck at a mountain top and local authorities were displeased. He groaned as he flopped onto her desk a little with sorrow as he quickly accepted the ginger ale. "I couldn't even make it to the dock here, and I found myself negotiating for a lower fine having it there in the first place... It's bad, Bronze. My latest job had me chasing after an arsonist and explosive enthusiast... Guess where me and some Guards from the southern border managed to corner him? That's right, MY airship. Bastard thought he could stowaway till he found out I was chasing him too after a while, but as my luck would have it I also accepted a contract to deliver goods there too... Door was left wide open, he's in there with bombs, and when we ask that he surrender, he starts tossing flasks left and right running in there like a madman!" He takes the glass and drinks it up with sorrow before clinking it on the desk again. "I caught the guy and tossed him to the guards, sure, but I'm the one screwed in the end. It was barely holding from the inside since I couldn't stop all the fires and explosions fast enough, so I made emergency repairs, but the engine just about had it in the state it was and just dropped. The bridge and living quarters are mostly fine, but... Please help me..." There was a begging look to his eyes towards her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Bronze looked at him sympathetically as he explained, drinking her own glass with remarkable grace for someone upside down. "Hmmm.... sounds like a few days job, few weeks more likely..." She commented, placing her glass down on the table again.

The thestral drummed her metal, almost skeletal fingers on the desk as she pondered a few ideas, clearly having a lot of cogs and gears turning in that head of hers, so to speak. "Well I won't be able to do much without seeing it obviously, we can take my ship for that; is it secure where it is, it's not about to go tumbling off the mountainside as soon as I step on it is it?"

She checked some diagrams on her desk while she spun a key on her metal pinkie finger. "Tell ya what, I think the easiest solution to this hard nut would be just for me to stay with you on the ship while I make the repairs, assumin' the bloody thing wants to stay put." Bronze decided. "Besides, if it's up high in those peaks than late at night you're looking at some strong winds; would be best to not be flying an airship to and from a wreck all too often."

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Despite his obvious state of despair, he did perk up a little bit again as he looked up to her while she pondered his request. "... I suppose the silver lining is that it's pretty much wedged up there right now. Base is fairly broad since it can land on dirt, so no worries with its balance at least."

He then raised his brow a bit, a part of him seeing an opportunity, but also a chance to spend time with a barely known friend. "Stay at my airship...? Done deal. If you remember the modest commodities from before for guests, they're mostly intact. But in that case, I would suggest we begin repairs on the plumbing once we get there, else we're gonna stink up the place mighty quick. Easy enough fix I'm sure, it's just one fractured pipe and one bent inwards... You're also welcome to bring whatever food you need if you got some special diet, I got space; Hardly know many thestrals besides you and Razor Edge as is." Once again, he stated a mutual friend's name without really realizing how he actually said it, but then he didn't look entirely focused yet as he looked towards the mountain again with somewhat flopped ears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 pm

"Uh huh, that's all well and good... and I wouldn't know what a thestral diet is anyway, I've only ever known a Griffon one." Bronze told him, ducking under her desk and producing a heavy duffel bag, into which she threw a few clothes and a few other amenities for the trip. "Oh, and you really must introduce me to Razor Edge sometime.... I'm sure she and Razor Back would get along famously."

The thestral couldn't stop herself laughing finally at the flustered stallion, as she stooped to retrieve a heavy toolkit and pressed it into his arms. "You can least carry this for me ya muppet." She laughed. "Just lemme go and get a freeze box for the meat."

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Tue May 09, 2017 11:57 pm

He flinched notably and perked up fully, receiving the toolkit with a somewhat nervous but flustered blush, nearly dropping it as he gathered his thoughts and grumbled mildly. "Dangit, I let it slip out too much! But I swear, her wondrous potential as a soldier and merit as a traveling companion is only matched by my loathing of her tendency to break someone's arm on a whim when it's not needed..." He huffed a little as he waited on Bronze to return, looking sideways. "... Also, I may still be angry she used my walls to test how well her weapons could stick to hardwood..."

With vigor returned to him in the form of previous bad and yet fond memories of his time spent with Tea Leaf, he was a little eased up once Bronze was ready to take them to her airship so they could get to work. Though he wasn't showing it much yet, he was very glad she could spare the time to aid him, let alone do so for as long as it might take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Tue May 16, 2017 2:44 am

"She must've mellowed out if she's only breaking arms people don't need anymore." Bronze remarked casually as she piled another toolbox on top of the first one into Sugary's hands. "Well, come on then, we're losing daylight and I don't fancy navigating those mountains winds by moonlight." She told him, locking the shop up behind them as she guided him out the front door, pulling on her brown leather duster from a hook by the door as she went.

The thestral waved politely to a neighboring griffon as they climbed a metal fire exit stairwell to the roof of the shop, where a long rope ladder dangled down from the airship docked above it; it was much smaller than the Mambo and seemed a little rough around the edges, but given who it belonged to there was no question it was air worthy.

"Want a lift?" Bronze asked, testing the rope ladder with a hand as she spread her wings.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   Tue May 16, 2017 3:12 am

He grumbled a little as she remarked far too casually about Razor, thinking the last thing their friend needed was encouragement to casually cause maiming. Even so, he handled the extra weight just fine, his shorter body strengthened to handle a different kind of stress that her mechanical skills required.

Looking to her airship, he figured it was a fine vessel from outside, the rough look just appealing to him as having character. He smiled a little as he stared up to her, wings spread and making an offer. "... Please and thank you." He had his own means to just float up with everything, but he felt this would make the invitation far more genuine; Plus, he wanted to get a glimpse of how she normally did things without magic as he prepared to cooperate with her to get everything up there. "By the way, what's her name again?" He pointed up with his snout to her own airship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tools of the trade.(Private)   

Back to top Go down

Tools of the trade.(Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1