A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:33 am

Clouds, light and fluffy, drifted across an azure sky, the bright sun shining down upon the marble walls of Luxendorf Castle. Inside, a low murmur filled halls as maids and butlers hurried one way and another to prepare for the morning's celebration, everyone moving with a quiet urgency.

There was but a single room that was not filled with noise, though the anxiety was no less palatable. The Princess’ bedroom was a small room, a massive four poster bed occupying nearly a full third of it. It was, however, at that vanity in the corner of the room from which the panic emanated. A young woman stressed quietly, her hand shaking as she tried to apply makeup to her lips. “What if it doesn’t go well…?” she mumbled.

The wedding hall was, understandably, packed, dignitaries and other people of higher standing from all over the realm having gathered to witness the ceremony. The quiet murmur of sound faded away as music filled the hall, the young prince standing at the altar beaming broadly as the doors swung open.

Walking down the aisle, the woman beneath the veil did her best not to trip in the pure white gown she wore, nor the six inch heels she had chosen to wear. She breathed out quietly, halting as she stopped opposite her fiancé.

The priest started to talk, his voice ringing put over the crowd, several of whom had no right to be there, either having snuck in, or otherwise bribed their way inside. A horse whinnied, having been brought in by a man known as the mad prince in more than one court.

Last edited by The_Pariah on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:18 am

Yet another nervous figure sat upon her stool right at the front of the room, mere meters away from the couple and priest before them. Though she was off to one side, shoved almost to the wall because of the crowd but given just enough space that she could work. Mythic forced her hand to steady as she made the initial strokes with her paint brush, laying down something of a foundation for the painting to come. As the priest went through his words, Mythic would continue to paint while occasionally glancing up a the scene to make sure she was getting the details accurate while still leaving everything in a flattering color, angle, and style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:28 am

To bring a horse and to therefore guarantee the best view of proceedings was an idea only The Chosen One could have come up with. Some may have called in inconsiderate the the other guests, but perhaps they were just being inconsiderate to his noble steed that wanted to see a wedding. It also drew eyes to him, and he liked that. Of course, if the service was asked to stand that would require a showcase of his fine, noble sense of balance.

For now, he patted the horse's muzzle softly, though his eyes were very much on the main event. He would need to know what a royal wedding was like so The Chosen One’s would be greater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:47 am

(In service...)

Meanwhile, Sugary likely had the most pressing task of all gathered on that day, taking center stage as substitute Priest to wed the couple personally on request... And while his white and brightly colored and ornamented robes with matching cap gave the impression of someone with a stern discipline, his strained smile upon his rugged and tanned face towards the one with the horse that whinnied probably told a different story. "Could he not just leave that dang horse outside!? I thought this job was supposed to be a subtle one!!"

He then sighed, and looked to the rest of the crowd before looking upon the book in front of him to continue reciting where left off. "Ahem...! We're gathered here today, to bear witness upon the union of..." And he'd try to continue with the formalities, assuming no other interruptions occurred. At the very least, he was prepared for trouble right upfront...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Dragon Soul on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't know this was a private thread. Sorry.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:16 pm

//Well.. this is akward. Apparently, the subtitles I put in didn't save. Anyway, Dragon, sorry bud but this thread is actually private, so could you please delete your post?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:36 pm

"Yes, I'm sorry for being late...unless I'm not late. Then I'm not sorry about being late." A rather effeminate man in a pink kimono covered with a decorative flower pattern and a pair of horns jutting up from his forehead, back across his head, and curved behind his ears, was talking with one of the guards near the door of the wedding hall. "Do you know if I can bring all of the gifts in or will they have to wait outside? I'd rather not have my father's guards spend the entire time guarding all those luxurious rugs, finely crafted instruments, meticulously crafted jewelry fit only for the finest prince- I apologize, I'm reflexively selling them to you..."

Of course, anyone paying attention would notice the same man sitting in a pew further down the wedding hall, shooting the mad prince on a horse a death glare. Lagnia sat and waited for the procession to continue, glancing back to see his shadow clone talking with the door guard still. He hoped he would be able to move all those wonderful gifts inside and secure a trading post in the kingdom...hopefully. He listened intently to the priest, adjust his view to get a better look at him and realizing that he should...No! Bad! No corrupting men of the cloth! Fine, I'll try the mad prince later.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 am

The guard growled at the illusionary man, hand resting on the hilt of his sword. "Would you please be quiet, Sir Lagnia, but could you please be quiet? We will organise your wedding gifts once the wedding has concluded," he said, before gesturing past himself. "Now go have a seat before you disturb the event any more," he hissed.

Another guard was staring at Blue with a look of abject frustration on his face. "Would you please get off of your horse, milord?" He murmured, grinding his teeth in frustration. "You are... annoying some of the other guests."

At the front of the hall, the blushing bride coughed, before smiling as the priest continued the rites, nodding as he asked her the all important question. "I do," she fumbled her words, blushing brighter as she finally managed to get them out. Her fiance snorted mirthfully, before nodding in assent as the priest turned his attention to him.

"I do," he replied, smiling as brightly as she. And as the priest announced that they were wed, he lifted the veil and pulled her in for a kiss.

The majority of the crowd started to cheer and clap, but among them, several figures were silent. They rose, pulling masks on, before drawing weapons and pushing past the people around them towards the newly-weds. The crowds' cheers turned to screams, a panic erupting as they tried to distance themselves from the assassins.

The assassins themselves were silent, moving quickly towards the Princess and her groom, who were still lost in their own little world. However, the guards were not so distracted, the four who had been stationed there moving to intercept the attackers, though they were moving much slower.

Unique Conditions:
- Crowd: All Movement is halved due to the thick crowd of people blocking the way.

Victory Conditions:
- Defeat All Foes

Loss Conditions:
- The Prince or Princess are slain
- All allied forces are defeated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:51 pm

"I'm glad we could clear the air~" Lagnia then vanished from in front of the guard, appearing in the lap of his other self, who winced when the second one appeared. "Mmm...that was rather painful. Let's not have you bastardize teleporting ever again, little clone." He booped the clone sitting on his lap right on his nose, causing the being to snort in response.

And then the royal pair sealed the deal on their marriage, taking their vows, and promptly being assailed by assassins. "My oh my, never a dull moment." Lagnia and his doppelganger stood up, doing the same action of pulling a set a batons out of their kimonos and quickly snapping them together into a long pole. He decided against affixing the blade in case he got too close to one of the assassins in the crowd and swiftly began moving towards the assassins. "Excuse me, coming through. I've got an assassination to prevent." He would say as he maneuvered through the people. If he or his doppelganger got within attacking range, he would swiftly affix the blade to his spear and attack.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:20 am

The Chosen One sighed, but remained polite as the guard also had. “Should the couple wish it, then I shall. But other guests should consider casting their eyes to the ceremony rather than a most common animal. Disturbing them with this argument is really a violation of your duty to keeping order.” This comment was vindicated soon enough as a danger seemed to be about to befall the newlyweds. Most inattentive indeed they were, to allow those of far less quality than himself to bring weapons. At the slight urging he gave it, the horse whined more purposefully, warning of the hero on the move. His superfluous skill as a rider let him evade as much of the panic of crowd as possible, though if they had sense they would part for him. All thought him to be mad, but now as he moved with an eager and ready sword, his true foresight could be seen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:45 am

As the ceremony concluded, Mythic worked hard to complete her attempt at capturing the importance and significance of the moment with the painting. And then the moment was gone, her depiction now only needing the finishing touches that could be accomplished at her leisure rather than while the bride and groom were mostly still. As such, it wasn't until a decent level of noise and commotion from the crowd started up that Mythic actually looked back to notice not the several individuals now bearing arms and trying to work their way towards the front. On reflex, Mythic began to reach for her own pack of art supplies, or more specifically a thick book covered with strange symbols lying within. Before her fingers seized the book though, she hesitated on whether it was actually a good idea to stand in the way of people with swords when she wore no armor. Another glance at the newly weds though brought glum reluctance and grim resolve as she pulled the tome from the bag and silently moved away from her painting.

Even though she wouldn't get directly between the advancing individuals and the newly weds, Mythic would still try to get close enough to the closest one while flipping open her book and casting the spell within.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:52 am

"... By Celestia's great bosom, have you no shame!?" Though his choice of words were a bit crude to begin with, Sugary, assigned substitute priest and companion to the nutjobs in the crowd, hurriedly grabbed the book before him and a candy cane shaped staff behind said podium, stepped around it past the non-gown wearing groom quickly as his movement was not hindered in any way, and stood between the lovey dovey couple and the oncoming assailants and worse nutjobs he now had to deal with. With a borrowed ordinary book and festive magical staff in hand, he was... not feeling too confident about his choice to defend the wedding couple. "Darnit, this is far from ideal..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 pm

The assassins apparently had no shame as they weaved through the panicked crowd, splitting up as with a silent command as they realised some of the attendees were not fleeing. Two headed towards Mystic, intent on silencing the mage before she had a chance to cast any spells. One was much closer than the other, and he lunged forward, blade aimed at her throat, only to slip on the urine of a particularly scared patron, fumbling his blade as he struggled to get his footing. The assassin behind him snorted, moving to assist his unlucky ally.

The leader of the assassins sighed, walking casually through the milling crowd towards the priest standing between him and the royal couple. "Do be a dear, and step aside you ignorant fool. I do not wish to draw the ire of the church, but if you do not stand to one side, I will kill you, and I shall relish doing it," he uttered, swinging the sword lazily.

Meanwhile, one assassin turned to face the charging mad prince, sword drawn in a defensive position. He gritted his teeth, but did little else as he cautiously moved towards the galloping horse and his rider.

The last assassin, curiously, did not move towards Lagnia, nor his shadow clone, but rather, he moved towards the closest stained glass window, raising his sword before bringing it down and shattering it completely. There was silence, the extreme noise silencing the crowd of people, though it did not stop them from continuing to flee. Unfortunately for the defenders, the window had been some sort of sign, as several more windows exploded into shards of colourful light as four more assassins leapt in, all closer to Blue and Lagnia.

The prince and princess blinked in unison, the glass breaking them free of the little bubble they had been in. Cynthia raised an eyebrow at the fleeing crowds, before looking at the assassins charging towards her. "My bow, dearest," she said, a gloved hand waiting whilst the prince fetched their weapons. Bow in hand, she smiled, before nocking an arrow. Her newly wed husband rested his armoured gauntlet on her arm, guiding her shot, before releasing, the arrow lancing out and piercing the assassin targeting Mythic through the eye. He collapsed, leaving Mythic with only one immediate threat in the area around her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Despite being out of his prime for the time being, the staff wielder stared the leader foe down adamantly, lightly raising his book between them. "The ire of the church will be the least of your worries if you don't turn back now. Lest you bit hit by an arrow between the eyes." He was purposely trying to get both the Princess and the assailant to hear him to try and get much needed backup, and to distract said assailant by forcing him to choose between himself and the royals as targets... He also ever so slightly veered to the side so his hat would not get in the way in case the Princess took his cue to fire while the foe's path was being blocked.

Last edited by Mr. Market on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:39 pm

"Simple numbers do not make up for quality of breeding. One noble can bring thousands of commoners to heel!" Victory was merely a formality in any of The Chosen One’s endeavours. The extra reinforcements were hardly worth a flick of his hair as he prepared to enter combat for real. There was a skill to angling oneself correctly for a mounted attack, and like many things in life, Blue was a master of it. With great faith in his abilities, he swung his sword towards the braced swordsman. He was ready to follow through and carry on regardless of his success, as the assassins were intent on stabbing there was no reason to engage them and get bloody. If they decided to flee he also had the advantage in running them down. He really could have done the entire thing by himself, but at least the allies he had were better than useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:13 am

Lagnia took one good look at the assassin giving the signal and affixed the tip of his spear, the doppelganger following suit. His doppelganger took the opportunity, moving to stab the assassin giving the signal in the back. He himself was more than ready to put down this one assassin when the windows were broken by more assassins. This was quite the pickle he had gotten himself into, especially with the mad prince nearby. He had options at this point, and decided to take a defensive position on one of the pews, make an honest attempt to impale any foolhardy assassin who decided to attack him.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Mythic staggered back as the one assassin lunged forward, nearly loosing her footing and grip on the tome. The arrow that pierced it's head actually got her to jump in surprise, but the second assassin drew her eyes immediately afterwards. Without stopping, Mythic continued her spell and just shifted to the new target, casting her spell and reading herself to cast it again if needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 am

Three of the assassins started to move towards the prince and princess, intent on completing their mission, and letting all else come second. The assassin facing Blue sneered as he made his announcement, but it mattered little. He however never got that chance to reply, as the combination of sword and horse crashed into him a split second later. It wasn't clear what had killed the man, but as he collapsed to the floor, it was evident he would not be getting back up.

Similarly, the assassin that Lagnia's shadow had attacked made no move to get back up, blood gently gurgling from his pierced throat. However, one of the other assassin's split away from the group, ignoring the shadow as he vaulted the pews. He swung, his sword sneaking past Lagnia's guard and cutting deep. He smirked, already moving to strike again.

The leader of the assassins sighed, before stepping forward. "So, death then? So be it," he intoned, lifting the sword up to strike Sugary down, only to grunt and stumble back, an arrow protruding from his chest. "You stupid bitch," he roared, stumbling towards her.

Cynthia merely smiled at, her hand already drawing another arrow from the quiver resting against her leg. "Oh please, Minister. It seems one of our defenders has been injured. I don't suppose you could heal him for me?" She asked, gesturing for the priest to move away from the wounded leader.

Mythic meanwhile would be having a grand old time, as her spell blasted through the second assassin who had tried to attack her, his head cocking humorously as he stared at the hole in his chest before collapsing. She would have a few moments of relative quiet, as assassins charged towards the princess, or the other people in the room, leaving her well enough alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:17 pm

"Uh!?" Sugary flinched as the arrow went by, but soon regained composure as he was pleased that the Princess took the opportunity.

Given her own composure in her request, he felt little need to do much except move aside and away from the assailant, still remaining close to the royal couple before looking over to Lagnia and the rest of the battle. "Okay. Let's fix you right up..." His eyes began to glow a light pink as he rose the candy-themed staff; Though he could not use it like a proper staff to channel the most of his magic, he was able to reach out through the crowd to focus and mend Lagnia's wound from afar without expending it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:46 pm

With her target quite thoroughly dealt with, Mythic let out a breath she'd been holding in worry and then cast her gaze about the room. Finding everyone dealing with their own attackers and none looking to be in too much immediate danger, especially with the priest taking care of the injured, Mythic moved to return the favor she'd been given. With a quick vault over one of the pews and a quick jog to put herself in range, Mythic flipped open the tome and called forth another magical blast to be hurled at the assassin leader still threatening the newly weds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:35 am

Lagnia let out a cry of pain as his opponent's weapon struck a telling blow, causing him to reel in pain from the damage done to him. However, he felt healing magic wash over him as he very suddenly lunged forward, hoping to impale his opponent from the feint.

The shadow clone twirled the spear in his hands, bringing around the butt of it and swinging to smassh the assassin on the side of the head, attempting to knock him unconscious. "Have a nice day~" If it succeeded, it would try to make its way back to its master in a bid to help Lagnia against his assailant.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Blue did not look behind him after the assassin fell. They way in which he saw it was that if they were lucky enough to live, the assassin could boast of facing off against The Chosen One. They would also surely add how naturally one-sided their confrontation was, adding to his legend. Blue flicked his glorious mane in celebration of yet another victory over the forces of evil, before carrying on to the the front of the room, happy to pick off the assassins around the leader and thus boast of his larger and more heroic body count, as was fitting of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est   

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: In Umbra Luma Est
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1