A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Somewhere We Matter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Somewhere We Matter   Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:41 pm

They found themselves in a large, loud, crowded festival. It was a bright, sunny day without a cloud in the brilliant blue sky, and everypony was chattering, singing, dancing, eating, buying something, typical festival stuff.

They had decided to take a break and sit down at a round table shaded by an umbrella, their favorite cool beverage in front of them. They were alone at the table.

Then Princess Luna emerged from the crowd, oddly unnoticed until now despite her rather tall and distinct appearance. She invited herself to sit at their table. "Hello, my subject." she greeted, nodding at them. "I have no doubt you're wondering why I'm here, of all places, when I should be with my sister, smiling, waving, and kissing babies."

Luna smirked. "First of all, I hate doing that. I die of boredom inside every time I have to. I much prefer participating in a party than acting as a pretty face in it." Her smirk vanished and she was business again. "Second, this is a dream. There is no stage to stand on or sister to stand next to and kiss babies with. I'm here for an important reason.

"A friend of mine has discovered a disturbing trend in how our world works. I can explain in further detail if I must, but the basic idea is this: this universe is ruled by a cosmic entity, an entity that for millennia my sister and myself have called Harmony, that has very clear thematic preferences that we have been raised with- that the world has been raised with -so cleanly as to not notice them until an outsider questioned them. An outsider whose word anypony would bother to trust, that is.

“Equestria’s heroes and Princesses are always beautiful, or at least potentially pretty, and they always have something that others do not: a special power, god-like magic, or rights to the throne of a forgotten, mystical empire. Or in the case of Flurry Heart, she was born an alicorn, which by all of the laws of magic is not even possible. An ascended alicorn cannot birth an alicorn, as every ascended Princess before Cadenza has shown, and yet...

“It shows in corruption, too. It is always dark and frightening. Always. Nightmare Moon was black as a starless sky, had fangs like a dragon’s, and cat’s eyes. Even her wings were pointed. Chrysalis is dark, fanged, and disfigured, and she is the most vile, ruthless villain Equestria has ever known. Sombra, a shadow pony, was destined to become a monster. Destined!

“And Discord, while he is reformed, he… well, aside from looking like a haphazard Flankenstein creation, he is basically useless in a world ruled by Harmony without his previous villainous ways. And myself, being so deeply connected to the dark… I have to wonder how Harmony actually feels about me.

“This probably sounds frightening. It is. I held this meeting in a loud and busy dreamscape in case Harmony decided to eavesdrop on their special ponies. I’m not sure how effective this will actually be, but it’s all I can do at this current time. The reason I am telling you all of this is because I am offering you a choice. My sister and I, as well as Discord and… somepony else, have decided that we cannot fight this cosmic entity, and so we are going to another universe to escape its influence. If you wish to join us, take a train to Ponyville and walk around its borders until you find us. If you do not, you will not remember this dream and your life will probably be unaffected by this... cosmic favoritism. However, in deciding, keep in mind that as long as you are in this world, Twilight and her friends are the only ponies who will ever matter. Everyone else is… disposable.” Luna waited for their answer.

Last edited by veryveryfluttershy on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:10 pm

I agree, this is quite interesting. And as much as Dusk Hammer will hate to leave his parents and siblings behind, he shall go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:37 am

Well... isn't this quite the intriguing premise. I'd like to sign up Lilina Sergla... naturally because she has nothing to lose.

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 am

I'm so into this. Here, take a Sunny.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:53 am

I'd be willing to entertain this. Smile I'm inclined to submit Verde Tin for this, assuming it happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:29 am

I'm gonna throw a Wild Card at this because it sounds pretty neat. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere We Matter   

Back to top Go down

Somewhere We Matter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top