A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Quaking in their Reboots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Quaking in their Reboots   Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:28 am

SEASON SIX SPOILERS WITHIN.

ABANDON HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE AND HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINALE

A gentle rain pattered down from heavy clouds, the thin canopy of the forest having done little to stop the earlier downpour. Through this rain, stomped an ever grumbling changeling, her mane soaked and sticking to her chitinous body. She paused, sniffing the air before continuing on, the treeline closing steadily.

She had been so close, so close, to victory. She had had it within her grasp, only to have that stupid bitch of a student steal it away from her. Well revenge would be sweet. So very, very sweet.

She froze as the ground beneath her hooves rumbled, and she looked around in surprise, before taking to the skies. “No… he can’t be… no. I’m… imagining things,” she mumbled, before shaking her head and flying away.

In the weeks following Chrysalis’ defeat, the world had seemed to return to normality. However, in her wake had followed powerful earthquakes that had rocked Equestria. Entire cities had been evacuated to prevent the loss of life, and Cloudsdale and Los Pegasus became an increasingly viable option for living.

However, our tale begins in Ponyville, or more specifically, the outskirts of the town. The full moon hangs low overhead, casting long shadows in the peaceful streets. Most ponies were locked inside, but for you, the rumour that the ancient tale of the Skeleton Knight was more than just a tale had drawn you here.

The trees reached into the sky, and the ground was still a little wet from recent rain. A wind rustled through the trees, leaves caught its grip fluttering through the air. The night of Nightmare Night's eve normally had ponies preparing for the following evening, but tonight they were hidden away, for fear of a potential earthquake, or something worse. The tale of the Skeleton Knight was an ancient one, and one most ponies were familiar with in their deepest memories. However, the rumour had spread like wildfire that he was not just a myth, but a reality, and one that stalks Ponyville.

Princess Celestia herself had tried to calm the ponies, dissuading most from the idea, but a few brave souls remained to see whether it was true for themselves. "Twilight, I really don't think we should be out this late," came a childish voice, breaking the silence, as a tiny purple and green dragon scrambled after a tall, purple pony.

"It'll be fine Spike," Twilight replied, glancing over her shoulder. "Besides, think of all the things we could as the Knight about the time before Discord. It would an incredible discovery," she continued, stopping at the entrance of the Everfree Forest. Tapping her chin, she looked around before reciting the tale quietly.

"
Let me tell you the tale of the Skeleton Knight,
Whose story scares young fillies, and gives them a fright.
They say he was a Captain from armies of old,
Who by dire circumstance fell far from the fold.

This tale begins ere two millennia past,
When the land of Equestria was dying too fast

The one they called Discord had crossed the sea,
Causing all around him to panic and flee.
And so Chaos ran rampant across the land,
Except for one city,
a city so grand.
The capital, Canterlot, a boat in the harbour,
Whilst the rest of the world fell farther and farther.

Eventually, the princesses looked down from their throne,
And decided it was finally time to restore life to their home.
In secret they planned on just how to win,
"The Elements of Harmony." Luna said with a grin.
"But Discord would see such a ploy straight away,
There must be a way to hold him at bay."

And so now our hero entered the story,
Stating simply. "A war, my princesses, for the empire's glory."
"What good what that do us?" Luna enquired,
"Distract Discord, no less." He gulped, lest he was fired.
But Celestia saw the genius in his plot,
"Then, with Discord distracted, his plans will be naught."
Nodding eagerly, he watched as they planned,
And hoped that his help would make something quite grand.

The day arrived and the Army of Order stood ready,
Ponies, minotaurs and griffons marched, their hoofbeats steady.
Dragons soared above, their teeth bared, ready to tear and to rend,
Ready to see the chaos that wracked their land end.

At the head of the force stood the Knight,
Either side of him stood the princesses, their lithe forms belaying their might.

Chaos itself was against this army arrayed,
Demons of every kind, hellhounds that bayed,
Above them wendingoes twisted through the sky,
And manticores that prowled, knowing death was nigh.
Discord himself floated just above the ground,
Drawing upon his great powers to confound.

The two armies clashed, sword versus tooth, minotaur versus manticore,
Above the battle, dragons clashed with wendingo, hoof versus claw.
Discord and our hero's weapons met at the center of battle,
Discord's of rubber, our hero's of metal.
Despite the hero's obvious finesse,
His every strike, Discord managed to best.

For a moment time froze around the pair,
Discord paused. "I should tell you, it's only fair."
The hero stopped. "Tell me what exactly?"
"I know your secret desires." He replied, matter-of-factly.
"I can even help it happen." He said with a grin.
The hero nodded. "And in return, this battle I'll let you win."

So time resumed, the armies fighting once more,
This time however, the Knight was changed to his core.
He turned, and with a click, he vanished,
He reappeared, his knife in hoof, it's blade sharp and polished.
He prepared himself for what he was going to do next,
For if he went through with it, his path was fixed.
He walked to the hill where the war council was held,
And he knew that the cursed blade he was willing to weld.

So he raised the knife high, it's blade gleaming in the dying sun,
And plunge down it did, piercing dark flesh, the act was done.

But a Goddess does not die so easily,
Especially to a weapon so measly.
Luna and Celestia turned, faces a mix of confusion and shock,
For the hero's resolve had been like a rock.
Slowly Luna removed the knife from her body,
She shattered the knife, such workmanship shoddy.

Celestia looked at him, a single tear in her eye.
"But why, Mortis, why?"
Slowly, her head did shake,
despair on her face,
And slowly did Mortis' flesh break,
till a gleaming skeleton stood in his place.
Turning Celestia spoke. "It is time for Discord to die."
Together she and Luna took to the sky.

Over the battlefield did they soar,
Blasting Discord with the Elements, with a roar.
As he turned to stone, he struck a pose,
And from his throat, a single note rose.
That note travelled across the land,
Till it reached poor Mortis and suddenly did his skeleton stand.

With Discord's defeat the beasts began to flee,
And the victorious army gave a cry of glee.
With the chaos undone and the land restored,
The races lived in the peace their victory had caused.

Until one night, Mortis returned,
Armed with much knowledge, all he had learned.
He slipped through the gate, past ponies once known,
Into the place he had hoped to call home.
He found the room where he knew she did sleep,
Silently, the door slid open and in did he sneak.

There she lay, sleeping soundly, happy with life,
He whispered. "Here lies before me, the causer of strife,
The one who saw me raise the knife,
And the one who I had hoped to one day call wife.
But now, I name thee traitor, killer and fool,
I hope you know, I Mortis, am forever a ghoul."
And with that he turned and he fled,
Leaving Celestia, awake, cold in her bed.

And thus ends this tale, of Mortis betray,
Whether this tale is true or not, I cannot say.
All I know is that on a certain night,
When the moon is high and the stars are bright,
In the town of Ponyville, the scene of battle,
He watches, waiting for somepony to test his mettle.
And so he shall remain, forever more,
Lest chaos return and begin another war.
"

She smiled and nodded. "If I'm right, this is the field of battle, so he should be somewhere in here..." she mumbled, before looking around to see four other ponies, and a small flying creature, approaching from the darkness. "And it seems... we are not alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ursus Night

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:54 pm

The behemoth of a changeling stepped upon the broken ground from the direction of the Everfree forest the ground itself it quaked beneath him. His eyes scanned the grounds they fell upon twilight. Looking her over and with curious and defensive gaze he approached her gently and asked in a deep distorted voice “What is purple pony doing here”. His mandibles clicked before and after each word struggling to speak proper equestrian.

His lower arms crossed over his body in more of a defensive gesture it was obvious he meant no harm to the small pony even though his appearance might be quite intimidating especially after the queen had attacked the pony capital. His hulking body was the size of a house after all upon realizing how he towered over her he lowered himself onto the purple pony's level as best he could
as he awaited the pony's reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:32 am

Besides the giant changeling, a small blue creature with a green mane and transparent wings fluttered around, following the ponies and the changeling. Upon drawing closer, high-pitched wheezing sounds could be heard.
"Are-huff we there-wheeze yet!?" The breezie asked, having flown here all the way from Ponyville without any external assistance, much to his chagrin. He finally decided he had enough and landed on top of the giant changeling's head, grabbing hold of the chitinous horn and catching his breath.
"And for the record, not once did any of you offer me a ride! Just cuz we have rumors of a skeleton prancing around like it's Nightmare Night doesn't mean I can fly this much without tiring when I wanna see what this is about." He then turned his head down towards the changeling.
"Name's Peanut, by the way. And now I shall pass out on the head of mister Goliath here. Wake me up when we arrive."
He then saw Twilight Sparkle and Spike in the distance. "...Why must you do this to me?" He groaned, faceplanting onto the chitinous forehead of the changeling as it began to talk to the Princess of Friendship.

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:03 am

A dark blue unicorn pony approached the area where Twilight and the others have gathered. An actual pony, this time. Not a Breezy or a changeling. Starry Night had heard the rumors of the Skeleton Knight, but found the earthquakes to be a much more exciting research opportunity. After all, it has been years since her last expedition into the field. Of course, the reason for that wasn’t her shit-in nature as it was a minor case of fear for her belongings, since the last time she left Canterlot, it was invaded by changelings.

As Starry approached, her spirits were lifted upon seeing Twilight. Sure, she was a princess, and they never really met before, but she was a fellow scholar and Starry respected that. Seeing the monstrous changeling however brought a grimace to her muzzle. Right, that was a thing that happened. She thought bitterly. Well at least we have a princess to keep it in check. She talked to the group and gave Twilight a bow. “Greetings Twilight. I am Starry Night. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She greeted the purple pony.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:20 am

This is a pointless endeavour.

Oh, come off it. It's an adventure.

I am aware. It is still pointless.

"Having fun is a point too, Icy!" A magenta-violet earth pony mare with a long, flowing grey mane pranced down the road from Ponyville to the Everfree Forest. "What else is life for?"

That... is surprisingly insightful. I could think of a few other answers-

Ice...

But I will cede the point.

"Hey, look!" The mare pointed down towards the end of the path. "There are other ponies here too!"

Not all ponies. Why are they here?

Do I get to beat them up?

"No, bad Blood," she scolded. "And Ice, ten bits says they're here for the same reason we are." She sauntered up to the group and said, in a sing-song voice, "Soooooooo, who else here is looking for the Skeleton Knight?"

The Princess, Euforia! Bow!

Eh, who cares. She won't mind.

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:57 am

A single mare, light brown in coloration with a dark green mane and tail seemed to...not really walk. She seemed to hobble, her right foreleg giving her a sort of trouble when she would try to move. Her eyes, however, would be the first thing to stand out, being a discolored, almost waterlogged, however, they glowed with an eerie light. Most of center of mass and legs blended into the darkness as if covered by something, possibly a dress.

The moment she saw the group, however, she would retreat a bit into the darkness, squinting to lower the visibility of her eyes. Seeing Princess Twilight Sparkle, there, however, forced a learned habit to kick in, causing them to bow their head as a show of a sort of respect. She did keep her distance, though. Perhaps out of fear, perhaps they were uncomfortable being in the presence of so many ponies or a princess. Whatever the problem was, she hadn't said a word yet. Not even in response to Euforia, to which she only mustered up a very ominous death glare.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 pm

If Twilight was surprised by the array of ponies before her, she didn't show it, instead lighting up her horn so that everyone was able to see her better. The light pulsed, before forming into an orb that floated up into the sky, casting long shadows as it lit up the clearing. "So I suppose you all are..." she trailed off as Euforia spoke up, and she nodded. "Indeed, I believe that is why everypony is here."

As Twilight opened her mouth to continue, Spike walked over to the massive changeling and poked his forelimbs carapace. "Why aren't you like the rest of the changelings?" He asked bluntly, crossing his own arms in response.

Twilight meanwhile was looking between the mystery mare and Starry, waving a hoof. "Please, don't bow. And Spike, do not antogonise the big Changeling, he seems very friendly," she added, hoping not to anger the massive goliath. "Perhaps everyone could introduce themselves, like Miss Night here, before we start heading into the forest," she continued, head turning repeatedly as she tried to smile at everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:19 am

Starry cast a weary glance at the others who have assembled as well, lingering a bit at the changeling. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves, then spoke. “Well, since I started my introduction first, it’s only fair that I finish it, so everypony can hear.” She turned to face the others. “Hello, I am Starry Night. I’m an astronomer and magical researcher in Canterlot. It’s been a long time since I’ve done research in the field, so I’m excited to get started.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Ursus Night

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:26 am

In a deep rumbling voice much like the sound of thunder he first replies to spike "I am a creation of war" he then turns to twilight not seeming fazed by spikes question replying in turn "My name is Gar'vak." as he rises back too his full height and scanning the tree line "I live in the Everfree as you pony's call it"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Peanut lifted his face from the chitinous forehead of Gar'vak long enough to wave hi wearily to the unicorn and drake. "Hi Princess. Hi Spike." He knew the two well enough from his travels which were usually contained to a small area. Ponyville was a nice size for him, not too small (It would have to be small indeed) nor too large so he'd get lost. He went to Canterlot once. That ended up with him breaking an antique shop's wares and then going on an adventure to pay his debt, something about a staff that summoned pandas.

Which was irrelevant to the current situation. Given how he already introduced himself just before, he figured he would go back to napping. If he wasn't on the forehead of a behemoth of a changeling that looked like it would break through a castle wall with no effort, he might have looked cute. Now he seemed very out of place.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:42 am

"And IIIIIIIIIII'm Euforia!" She beat her chest proudly and smiled. "But you can call me Eufy for short." She extended her forelegs in a big invitation. "Who wants a hug?"

More caution would be advised.

You know, if they get too close it'd be hard to stab them.

Keep them a legs' length away. Just in case.

And be ready to spring the swords.

The Breezy is probably no threat. The unicorn seems innocuous enough. But the changeling...

If he jumps you, go for the eyes.

Just... be careful.

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:29 pm

The mysterious mare tilted her head at the request, seemingly perplexed by the request at first but decided it was in her favor to simply listen to the princess. Her voice was a low hiss, the mare seeming to not want to be heard while  at the same time her voice was strangely audible. "This one apologizes. This one did not know that the princess was so casual in making her appearances to the public and the masses, for this one has been isolated for...many years." She limped into a clearer view, letting the princess and the others see her clearly. "This one's name is Bloodstone."

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:00 am

Twilight was quiet, letting each of the ponies, changeling and breezy introduce themselves, before clapping her hooves. "Well, I'm glad that we all know each other," she said, giving each of them a smile before looking back at the forest. She was suspicious, of course, of both the changeling brute and the one calling itself Bloodstone, the magic it was leaking reminding her of an old textbook.

Spike looked at Euphoria, before raising an aem slowly, if for no other reason to see what she would do.

"Well, fortunately the hill we're looking for is not too far from where we are now, but speed will be of the essence if we want to meet the knight," she said, before the ball of light bobbed down to her head level. "Please follow me," she said, before walking into the everfree, Spike running after her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Peanut decided that sleep was not gonna come to him right now, so he instead sat up and grabbed hold of the big chitinous horn that was on Gar'vak's forehead. Might as well have fun while going to see the Skeleton Knight. He thus pointed to where Twilight and Spike were going.
"You heard the princess! Onward, fair and ginormous steed!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their Reboots   

Back to top Go down

Quaking in their Reboots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1