A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Academia, The Revival

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:45 am

Auftrag stabbed the Ursa right through the chest, just as planned. He changed his gunblade into a polearm with built-in chainsaw blade and turned it on, sawing through the Ursa and out its side to do as much damage dislodging his weapon as possible while also disengaging from the Ursa again, this time landing about fifty feet away and turning his weapon into a quad-barreled rocket launcher. He had to take a second to lock onto the Ursa and fire all four barrels if it charged at him, but the rockets would home in on it, and would create a pretty neat explosion on contact too, hopefully obliterating the Ursa.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:25 pm

"Born to Trottingham, learned to fight with a long story, and favorite ice cream would have to be vanilla," Zen replied as he strode alongside Summer. "Say, what were we supposed to be doing out here again?" Zen asked after a few minutes of walking and a bit of contemplation. "Just make it back to the school, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Purse Cutter's head snapped so quickly to look where the beam of light had come from that she nearly rotated her neck in an owl like manner while her body stayed in place. Evidently it had not been a pleasant choice as the instant her neck returned to a normal position she rubbed it painfully.

"Sunny!" Purse called out to her friend and now partner as she put some distance between herself and the scorpion for another run up. "The tail stinger, just below it; it's armor plates don't seem to protect it there!" Purse advised, trying to aim some bullets there herself while still keeping an eye out for the source of the beam; she didn't know of any Grimm that would shoot lasers, or attack another Grimm, but frankly nothing would've surprised her.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:14 am

Sunny smiled as they were at least pissing the bug off. She moved to fire again, but before she could get another shot off, a light from RNGesus showed that a 20 had been rolled and the left claw was suddenly detached from the rest of the bug. She would be bewildered by that, but she was in combat, and to divert attention away from the big death bug meant big pain. She was gonna fire into the stump where the claw used to be, but Purse’s shout made her look towards the stinger instead.

She considered taking shots at it, but decided against it. “Right, this is a dumb idea, but screw it.” She dropped the rifle case to make room for the rifle on her back, then flew over the deathstalker. She saw an opportunity and dove right for the tail, a glowing yellow sword appearing in her right hand. As she got close to the unarmored part, she slashed at the tail, hoping to get in a few clean hits.

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:57 am

Zira had guessed correctly, the two grimm too focused on hitting her to see each other. The pair collided, horns digging into dark flesh, before they screamed in unison, trying to pull free before they were struck by the stun bullets. Their movements slowed, tugs becoming weaker as the rounds took effect.

Nova meanwhile struggled with his own foe, though with its forward momentum arrested, he was slowly gaining ground against the beast. Cracks formed in the boarbatusk's tusks as he tightened his grip, before Zira's third shot slammed into it. Feeling the grimm start to weaken, he let out a roar that sent several small birds scattering, before he lifted the boarbatusk up. Slamming it into the ground, he snapped its tusks free, reversing them and driving them into its skull. "Honestly," he panted. "My early life was pretty normal as far as things go."

Gem watched as the Ursa was quickly dispatched by Auftrag's extravagent display, taking a swig from his hip flask. "Now, I'm not sayin' that was ovar the top, but there are definitely faster ways to kill a grimm," he snorted, kicking the corpse as it started to evaporate into dust.

He tapped his cannon, and it switched back into a hammer. "Gonna be honest, if I'm stuck with ya for the next... fuck, is it four years? It probably won't be that bad."

"I believe that was our objective, yes," she replied, before she pulled a thin chocolate bar from somewhere and began to chew through it rapidly. "My parents, I suppose you should know, are relatively rich. Not so rich as to be... owners of say, the Aventus Dust Company or anything, but rich enough that we all have to be prim and proper so as to not lose our standings. Don't get me wrong, I love dressing up and playing a princess, but there needs to be down time as well. All in all though, I could have been given a far worse lot in life." She pulled a second chocolate bar out and started eating it as well. "So, got any dark secrets you're willing to share?"

To say the Deathstalker by this point was pissed off would have been a gross oversimplification. The beast chittered louder than before, hurrying as only a scoprion could, creepily, towards Purse whilst using its uninjured claw to shield its face. The stinger darted out, apparently having understood purses shout enough to not keep it in the same place for too longer a period.

So concerned on its face howeever meant even with its constantly moving tail, it was still vulnerable to Sunny's attacks. It screeched, louder than before, as its precious stinger was lopped cleanly off of its tail. At started to back away, chittering furiously as it plotted its escape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Zira's ears lowered at Nova's roar before she grinned and switched her attunement to one of the fire, pulling the bolt back on her rifle to prepare it with different sort of bullet, that would according to her attunement be an explosive one before taking two well-aimed shots at boarbatusks' heads, the bullets hopefully penetrating the eye sockets and exploding inside their skulls to finish off the kills. "Pretty normal? As a dragon? I sort of find it hard to believe that, honestly. What about later life?" She said and wholeheartedly chuckled, a smile popping on her face.

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Auftrag realized that he should have turned away from the explosion as the Ursa was obliterated, but decided to instead revert his weapon back to a briefcase while enjoying his handiwork. "Gem, if I was trying to be subtle I wouldn't be going to this school, now would I? Besides, I think I should have used the rockets from the start. I keep forgetting my handcannons aren't for dispatching larger Grimm..." He went to brush off any errant Ursa chunks, but then remembered that Grimm dissolved when they died. Which is a great feature for the stylish hunter wanting to save on dry cleaning bills...

"Eh, that doesn't sound like a bad four years if you don't mind my little addiction. Anyhow, we should get moving. We've got a school to get back to." Auftrag then realized that in all the action, he had lost his cigarillo. "Fucking dammit, I was only halfway through that thing. Ah, the casualties of being a hunter...Last one for the day, just for good luck." He took out another cigarillo, lighting it with a snap from the fingers of his mechanical arm this time, and making his way towards the school.

ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:20 pm

The thestral counted her blessings as the stinger was cut away and fell to the floor, before hitting upon an idea. Briefly wondering for her own mental health, she waved to grab Sunshine's attention as she sprinted towards the Deathstalker's fallen stinger and, being very careful not to accidentally prick herself on it, picked it up from one side.

"Help me with this! Feed it it's own medicine!" In her head she was sure that there was some kind of logical reasoning, that perhaps logically the Deathstalker's own sting had to be strong enough to pierce it's powerful natural armor, but if Purse was being truly honest with herself this was personal revenge for the creature messing her around and simply refusing to be an easy kill.

Petty? Perhaps, but hopefully it would be effective or else this would be a very foolish last action.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:00 pm

"I'm an abomination?" Zen replied simply as he walked along. "Big mishap at a lab, big explosion, so on and so forth for your typical doomsday scenario. The scene got contained though despite me still managing to escape," he added. "It was pretty far from here though so no one around here probably has any reason to worry or even remembers it happening."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:17 am

Despite Purse's inspired plan, it would be for naught as before Sunny had a chance to do anything, the deathstalker burrowed into the earth. It vanished from sight in seconds, leaving Purse holding a very poisonous stinger, and nothing to stab with it. The forest was quiet. Whatever Purse and Sunny planned to do next, there was nothing standing in their way.

"Cahn't be any worse tha' mine," he retorted, his hip flask appearing at his lips. "Wha' rounds does your hand cannon take?" He asked, pondering something before shaking his head.

He followed the man with the mechanical arm quietly, left hand clenched shut. Assuming the round was not too large, something would bounce off of Auft's shoulder. When he turned around, he would find a round for his handgun resting on the ground. "Try that."

Nova shrugged, dusting his skirt off. "Honestly, pretty good. My parents were... possessive. Electrical dragons get greed unlike most others. We seek out power over all things, and my parents never grew out of it. So I started dressing up like this to fuck with them," he explained.

He watched as the two boarbatusks' heads exploded, before smiling. "Then I discovered that female clothes are so much more comfortable. And I think I look good. Later life? I uh... I sorta created a mercenary guild. Speaking of..." he trailed off, pulling his scroll out. "Tupus. Have you got that... ah, thank fuck. ETA? Good..."

He smiled at Zira. "Finally got my weapon pasy customs."

Summer blinked, now onto her third chocolate bar. "I see. I was expecting something less... extreme. But at least you're honest. Anything special effects from your... accident?" She asked, almost finished with her third bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm

"Dressing as opposite gender as to fuck with your parents' possessiveness?" The charr raised an eyebrow in curiosity as she transformed her rifle back into a staff, before strapping it on her back. "Now that's a tactic I sure have never heard of. And it worked by them finally.. leaving you to yourself or something? Did they never try to get you back if they were so possessive? I'm sure they would want to keep you close, unless you embarrassed them too much for them to even bother trying..." Zira pondered out loud as she already began making her way back to the school. "And a whole mercenary guild? Created on your own? Fascinating!"

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Auftrag felt something bounce off of his shoulder, red lines suddenly becoming visible on his mechanical arm as it moved swiftly to catch the bullet, but it missed by half an inch. "And I'm going to have to re-calibrate my eye..." The lines were gone, and Auftrag bent down and picked up the bullet. "Got something special for me, Gem?"

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:28 pm

"Well, the little trick I used to put us back on the ground relatively safely was the main thing," Zen replied while shooting her a glance. "Also got the crazy eyes and a new set of teeth," he added while flashing her a grin to showcase the set of pointed teeth that fit neatly together. "Though it didn't give me an appetite to match."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   

Back to top Go down

Academia, The Revival
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2