A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Academia, The Revival

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Academia, The Revival   Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:30 am

Huge spires rose into the air as the first fleet of airships carrying fresh faces approached the city school of Academia. From the air, it was quite clear as to just how large the facility was, stretching nearly multiple kilometres in every direction, and not a single milimetre was wasted.

Training grounds, dorms and a variety of other buildings were strewn across the landscape, all enclosed by a fifteen metre high wall, turrets along the edge cycling back and worth with an eternal patience.

As the ships roared into landing, a pair of figures watched from the top of the highest tower. One was clearly visible in the huge glass panes, a woman, though little else was distinguishable at the distance, whilst the other was hidden the shadows. Eventually, the shadowy figure turned, before vanishing completely from sight.

One the ground, the airships came to a halt with a shuddering screech, before landing bay doors opened to freshly painted ramps, leading down to a paved courtyard, and students by their tens began to stumble onto solid ground, having spent hours onboard.

A young woman, dressed in a simple white shirt and a knee length skirt, as well as short pumps, strode down the ramp, dragging a surprisingly small bag behind her. A sword hung from her hip, the scabbard doing little to hide its brutal design.

She looked around as she walked onto the courtyard, piercing silver eyes scanning the grounds before she began to move away from the group, trying to find somewhere relatively quiet.

On the other side of the fleet, a gruff looking man with a large beard in a heavy leather smock stumbled forward, glaring at the pair of soldiers behind him. "I'm goin', I'm goin'," he grumbled, catching the hammer one of the pair threw to him. "Careful wit' that. It's worth more than ya' life savin's," he said, before lifting a large silver hipflask to his lips. "If I ever get mah hands on that good for nothin' mare..." he grumbled again, snorting quietly.

Alright, some housekeeping.

Don't fuck me on this. Seriously.

On a more lighthearted note, could you please post the character's name, sheet, semblance and weaponry after your intro post, so I have a record of them?

Thanks

Last edited by The_Pariah on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:54 pm

At some point or another, a dark blue winged fellow strode out of the ship. He didn't seem to be wearing any weapon, but one could wonder if they were simply hidden under the large and rather bright red full length trench coat. To go with that coat was a wide brimmed red wizard hat, and under those, the pegasus wore a pair of black pants and a purple shirt, nothing exactly fancy. Briefly, Zen took off his hat and pushed back his mostly silvery grey hair with one defiant purple streak before setting his hat back on his hat. Then he without a word began to move with the rest of the group towards wherever they were going.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character sheet: http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t4-character-threadfor-fimfiction-net-approved-characters-only
Weapons: Twin sickle swords that double as bayoneted semi-auto large caliber pistols. They can be combined to make a broadsword.
Semblance: making portals!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 pm

The tiny mare who came next didn't exactly rush herself to get off the airship. Far from it, she had her feet kicked up onto an empty seat opposite her and her bright pink top hat pulled down over her eyes when the ship touched down and had to be shaken awake by one of the crew, and even with that done she still took a while to stretch her wings and arms, yawn loudly and only then stand up and get off the ship, lagging behind the main crowd by some way.

The mare was barely five feet tall and dressed in a very distinct, bright pink suit, with a yellow shirt underneath and a black bowtie. Her top hat was the same vivid pink as the suit and nearly matched her mane perfectly, which was pulled into a long braid down her back that ended in what looked almost like a scorpion sting shaped out of her mane; she dragged with her a luggage trolley on which she had at least five suitcases just as pink as her suit, though on her back she carried a more practical rucksack.

"Oi, anyone know if we get room service here?" She called out to the nearest person in a strong Trottingham accent. "Could do with knowing if I can get this lot taken to my room instead of faffing about with it." She said, glancing around; her eyes were mismatched, one as pink as her mane and the other emerald green; additionally her wings didn't match with her her mane or natural colour, the large, leathery bat wings instead were a shade of purple and yellow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Sheet: http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t12p325-brand-new-oc-character-thread-thread-closed-please-post-new-ocs-to-brand-new-character-sheet-thread-3-above

Weapons: Cane sword/chain whip. Carries a pair of revolvers with her for ranged combat and, when not in an active battle, wears a pair of sleeve guns at all times.

Semblance: Control of momentum/kinetic force.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:22 pm

A curious young lady stepped off the ship. Of course, lady was the wrong way to describe her. Oddity was more like it. Of the two golden yellow wings on her back, one of them appeared to be completely artificial, made of some sort of metal and painted yellow. The way she was dressed was odd too, as she was wearing a full maid uniform, with a little cap on her head, a skirt that went down to her knees, dark gray stockings, and black mary janes to match. Strapped to her back was a long gun case, obviously holding a long gun. She took a deep breath and walked on.

Sheet(just a formailty): http://ocfr.forumotion.com/t7-sunneh-s-characters#77

Weapons: Hereafter (Light powered sniper rifle)

Semblance: Light manipulation.

Last edited by StrawberryGamer on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fak u panther)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:26 am

A formally dressed pale blue young man stood up the moment the ship docked, taking a moment to stretch his legs before picking up his briefcase and suitcase, strolling off with them in no apparent rush. Those who got a good look at him would see a young man in a black suit, gray waistcoat, and white dress shirt adorned with a green and black patterned ascot, with his head covered silver hair broken by a sharp-looking horn, and his eyes hidden by a pair of circular sunglasses with green lenses. Both of his hands, which held suitcases, were covered by white gloves.

He simply followed the rest of the students, starting to lag behind as he set down the briefcase held in his right arm, flexing the arm a bit and rubbing it. He would hear a voice shouting something about room service, and it drew him to some strange looking thestral. "No clue, ma'am. It might have been in the brochure for this place if one of those even exists. I encourage you to faff about with all of your stuff, though. Helps build character."

Sheet: Auftrag's Sheet, modified of course

Weapons: The Pandora Ultra-Lightweight General Purpose Anti-Infantry Anti-Vehicular Area Denial Weapons System (A briefcase that turns into a lot of guns, projectile launchers, assorted melee weapons, a sentry gun, multiple kinds of turret, and a portable stove, and yet can still act like a briefcase), a set of emergency throwing knives, and a pair of masterfully crafted butterfly knives balanced for him alone that he has a sort of...attachment to.

Semblance: Master of Arms

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:32 am

Xereth’s post and Stuff

Zira would, just like the others, slowly prepare to disembark the ship, being one of the last to go. Even though she was a human, there were slight hints to her being a slight feline in her heart and appearance, mainly her cat-like blue eyes. She would be wearing a very noble-ish black suit with orange insides, more intended for males than females. Zira would also have a rather fancy-looking blade behind her belt, barely visible under her suit and a weird-looking staff on her back while she carried her two large suitcases, one in each hand, while she followed the main group. She seemed to be quite strong despite her slim appearance.

http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t516p175-brand-new-oc-character-thread-3#39673

Semblance and Weapon:
Weapon(s):
- Staff that turns into a sniper rifle that does fures rounds dependant on Zira's atunement
- Short blade as a secondary
Semblance:
- being able to teleport around and levitate things like a normal unicorn would

As the groups of students moved towards the courtyard proper, and then onto the school itself, one final student disembarked from the landing ships. In one hand was a scroll, to which they were rather furiously shouting. “Look, I don’t care what they say, you have clearance. Yes, I checked with the… Look, just get the cargo here. I need my weapon, I can hardly get the necessary qualifications without it, can I?” they paused, before sighing. “Then bribe the… Ok. Ok, fine.”

With a sigh, they hung up, before blinking as they realised how far ahead the rest of students were. “Shit,” they mumbled, before hurrying to catch up with the cohort. As Nova finally caught up with them, Zira would be the first person to spot him, given her position at the back of the group. What she would see was an extremely feminine figure, dressed in a pair of high heeled boots, a short skirt and a t-shirt, with a large leather jacket hanging over his shoulders. Nova blinked, eyes locking with Zira’s and smiling. “Hey, I overslept. Did I miss anything?” He asked, giving her a smile.

Gem snorted as he caught sight of the young man in the black suit, swaggering over to him and chuckling, taking another gulp from his flask. “Weel, what do we ‘ave here? A pretty boy with a robot arm? Impressive workmanship, but you’ve done a shite job of keeping it clean. I can hear the metal screamin’ boy, you need to take better care of eet.” He said, hefting his hammer onto one shoulder and locking eyes with Auftrag, his golden eyes sparkling with intelligence. “’Ow aboot you let me take a little look, eh? See if I can make ‘er sing instead.”

Zen and the woman eventually found their way to the front of the group, and she gave him a thin smile, one that never reached her eyes. “Hello,” she said, offering a hand as she locked eyes with him. “My name is… Summer, a pleasure to meet you. Do you have any idea what we’re in for today?” she asked, glancing around the courtyard, before looking back at him.

Once the majority of the group had made their way into the courtyard proper, a tall man with a large pair of ram’s horns jutting from the sides of his head stepped into view, a long staff strapped to his back. “Welcome,” he spoke, and hidden speakers amplified his voice so that everyone there could hear him. “To Academia. My apologies for the early morning flight, but sacrifices must be made if you want to be a part of the Hunter Core. Now then, let’s get straight to business. A few rules, before we begin though. Weapons may not be used on other students, or deployed within the school grounds. Similarly, semblances, whilst fun, cannot be used to torment, harm or otherwise damage a student, both mentally and physically. Break these rules, and you will find yourself expelled.” He smiled, before taking a step back, the trees and plants in the courtyard vanishing beneath the ground. “You may be wondering many things, but let me explain. There will be a short test, to make sure you are of… Academia quality. You may have already locked eyes with someone, and if you have, then they are your partner for the rest of your time here. Else, when you land, the first person you lock eyes with will be your partner. And yes, I did say land.”

He smiled sadistically, pressing a button, before walls sprung up around the circular platform the students were standing on, trapping them inside. The man’s voice was still there though, and there was a sick kind of joy in it as he chuckled. “Now then, all you have to do is land safely… and then make your way back to the school. Anyone who fails, or dies, will be expelled. Good luck,” he murmured, before the entire platform, and everyone on it, was launched high into the air, before it broke apart, leaving everyone there to contemplate their fate as the plummeted towards the forest below.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:42 am

Sunny had yet to “lock eyes” with anyone yet, though she assumed she’d have to do it sooner or later. Funny, I thought locking eyes meant a challenge, but oh well. She thought as she listened to the man’s announcement. When he announced his test, she couldn’t help but grin. That’s it? Can’t be that hard, I have wings. She had a few seconds to adjust the strap on her gun case so it wouldn’t interfere with her wings before she, and everyone else, were thrown into the air.

As Sunny fell towards the forest, she spread those wings, landing lightly onto the forest floor. “Wow, hardest test ever. I totally didn’t know how to land. And even if I didn’t, I’d crashed enough times already that I doubt it would have killed me.” She mumbled that last part to herself. So I assume that the next part is going to involve not dying to the local wildlife. In that case... She pulled the gun case off her back and opened it up. Inside was a rather odd looking white and red sniper rifle. She pulled it out and closed the case back up, putting it on her back again. “Alright, let’s get this over with.” She said with a sigh, starting the walk back to the school.

Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Zen looked over with an arched eyebrow, not quite expecting the forwardness from just about anyone, but the grin he'd been wearing that suddenly pulled back wider to where his pointed teeth showed it wasn't unwelcome. "Zen, and likewise," he replied with a nod while one hand reached up and tugged lightly at the wide brim of his hat rather than taking it all the way off. With the formality done, Zen looked the girl up and down quickly with his own hourglass pupil'd eyes, taking stock of her outfit and weapon before replying to her actual question. "Can't say I do, this whole thing is new to me," he said while shifting his view to the man in the suit with the horns who came into view. "But I think we'll be finding out soon enough," Zen added just before the man gave out the little introduction.

Zen looked about curiously as the foliage began to disappear, but managed to keep calm until the word "launch" was uttered and he cast a concerned glance towards Summer who from his prior examination didn't actually have wings. With a bit of angling his own on the ascent, Zen tried to maneuver closer to Summer before extending out a hand to her. Whether she took it or not, Zen would then activate his own semblance around the apex of their launch, that moment when weightlessness would exist and their speed either up or down would be near non-existent, Zen'd open a pair of portals, one directly beneath both of them and the other practically on the ground. For a moment, this would create the appearance of black disk in the sky if one was looking up and to those on the same level, it would look like Zen was merely sitting in the sky. Then the portal would be moved upwards, causing Zen and most likely Summer to disappear from the sky, only to simultaneously reappear on the ground. "Well, that was interesting."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:47 am

Purse Cutter smirked as soon as he hit the button, already eagerly looking around for the trap, expecting outpourings of monsters, flamethrowers, perhaps a few bombs... she actually looked slightly put out when the trap was a simple catapult but regardless she took it in stride, spreading her leathery wings wide and zigzagging to the ground between various screaming and falling students, coming to a land with a skid in one of the larger trees, perching on the high branches.

Purse looked down and noticed the yellow pegasus with a sniper rifle walking past the tree she was walking past. With a further grin, she dropped from the tree in front of Sunshine, her cane touched the ground first and impossibly stood completely straight up, the tiny thestral performing a one handed handstand on the cane handle without any evident difficulty.

"Hey there partner." She greeted Sunny, tipping her top hat (which was defying gravity to stay on her head) to the pegasus while meeting her eyes upside down. "You know, you'd think they'd remember we have wings."

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Zira would pay next to no attention as to what was happening behind her, as she wanted to keep looking around at the new place, taking in the sights. She would only soon notice the male sounding voice behind her, looking around for a male only to find one... dressed in women's clothing. "H-hi?" she confusedly asked as their eyes 'locked' for a short moment. "Well, I just stepped off the ship, so I know as much as you do..." she answers him and begins her walk after everyone else, her two pairs of horns barely visible through her hair. She carefully listened to what the ram-horned man had to say. As the walls appeared around them, she gripped her staff and assumed battle stance, only to be launched into the air shortly after.

Once in the air, Zira would be glad that she was in her air attunement, making wind surges to propel herself around the air, making her look as if she were sliding around with ease, soon landing on the ground and dusting her noble suit off. "Well, that was just plain rude." she said to herself, picking up her bags again. 'Time to make my way back again...' she thought to herself and began her way.

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Auftrag turned as he heard someone snort, lowering his sunglasses a bit and looking over to the source to see another young man. Familiar accent. Similar to home, shared culture possible. Flask. Possible alcohol. Vices...just as bad as mine. Engineering-minded...You know what? I shouldn't analyze him. I should just trust him to fix my arm up. Not everyone has ill will towards me.

"Howdy. Not exactly a pretty boy once you get under this suit, but hey, I'll take a compliment when I get one. And a good ear on picking up that I have a mechanical arm. If you want to clean it I'll let you, as I haven't had the time recently." Auftrag's horn lit up and held his strange-looking briefcase off to one side and undid some of his clothing on his left side so he could give Gem access to his entire mechanical arm, which was fixed to an attachment point on his left shoulder, which had reinforced plating going all the way from the spot where the arm hooked in, to his spine, which was heavily reinforced too. The entire arm was caked with dried blood, sweat, and other bodily fluids.

[One completely straight and totally heterosexual robotic arm cleaning with no subtext whatsoever later]

Auftrag had found a place to stash his suitcase and sport coat in the interim, having a bad feeling about going into the courtyard. In fact, his paranoia had paid off as the ground stopped being the ground and they all fell. Well, this is certainly something that has happened. I guess I'm with the guy who cleaned my arm...whoever he was. He pressed a button on his briefcase, causing it to transform into some complex jump jet backpack with two arm-mounted weapons, a blade on the left and some sort of firearm on the right. He used the jets to slow his fall immensely, coming to a safe landing and sighing. Would you look at that, it's almost like I'm carrying the Pandora Ultra-Lightweight General Purpose Anti-Infantry Anti-Vehicular Area Denial Weapons System or something.

Auftrag would look around, making sure either that stallion from before was there or the coast was clear. After that, he would take out a metal case, pulling a cigarillo from it, placing it in his mouth, and lighting it. He took a long drag of the delicious, menthol-flavored tobacco stick, letting out a sigh and some secondhand smoke. Mmm...that's some good nicotine. I've got one more dose for today's limit, better make it count. He would begin the long trek back to the school, deciding against using his jump jets again and transforming Pandora back into a briefcase.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:36 pm

Summer nodded, curious about his pointed teeth, but she shook it off, as did she with his odd eyes. Blinking as the walls rose up around them, she looked at her new partner, glad that he at least seemed to be as calm as her. She didn't scream as she was launched into the air, looking more annoyed then anything as she tried to keep herself decent by covering her panties. She blinked the second time in a short time amount of time as Zen grabbed her, and dragged her through the portal. "That was... something alright," she said, before looking around at low foliage and tall trees that had replaced open skies. "Shall we...?" She paused, looking over Zen's shoulder, before her sword slid free of its sheath and impaling the Beowulf that had been stalking up behind Zen. "Shall we get moving?"

Gem chuckled, before shaking his head and crouching slightly so that he could get a better look at the arm. "By the almighty sunbutt 'erself, what didja do, punch a bloodbank?" he asked as he started to clean it. By the time he had finished, the walls had risen, and he was flying through the air. Gem sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, before taking yet another swig of his flask, before blinking as he found he had drained it completely.

His landing was in no way as unique, or as impressive as literally anyone else's there. Whilst everyone tried to slow their descent, Gem spent his time buffing out a scratch in his hammer. He watched the ground approach, merely turning a shoulder and slamming into the ground at near terminal velocity, the ground shaking as it exploded around him. Standing up, he dusted himself off, before waving to Auftrag and walking over. "Weel, that was fun. We betta get back though, can't be late or whatever," he said.

Unfortunately, the journey would not be easy however, as not even five minutes later, a pair of Ursa's stalked towards them, pushing the underbrush aside as they approached. "Ah shit... you want the one on the left or the right?"

Nova chuckled at her reaction, before smiling. "Honestly, one of the better reactions I've gotten out of people. Normally they scream, or try to punch me," he continued, walking alongside her as they approached the courtyard. He noticed her horns as he stepped inside, gesturing vaguely. "So you're a faunus then?" he asked politely, before watching the wall rise up with a look of curiosity.

By the time he realised what was happening, he was in the air, grumbling as he made sure the launch hadn't damaged his shoes. Content that they were fine, he watched his partner for moment, before there was a crack of thunder, and he was coated in an electric field that looked almost like a dragon. Somehow, the wings slowed his descent, allowing him to land with relative ease, though he stumbled a little. He trotted over to the young girl and extended a hand, his lightning field having faded. "Nova Storm," he said, smiling brightly.

Purse and Sunny's greetings were cut short by a loud chittering behind them, before the trees fell away beneath the pressure of a deathstalker's claws. The giant scorpion Grimm chittered again, before swiping at Sunny, whilst its enormous stinger darted towards the upside down Purse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Zira carefully observed Nova's version of keeping control mid-air with awe. She liked dragons, even though her elders always warned her about them and tried to turn her against them, but she rarely listened. She carefully shook his hand, worrying that the electric field hasn't completely disappeared and she'd be shocked. "Zira Tempest." she said to return her own introduction to her new partner, soon looking back at the direction of where the school was supposed to be. "Well, I suppose we'd better get going, then?" she asked as she begin walking again. "So, why all the crossdressing, if may I ask?"

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:03 am

Zen's grin and chuckle were present as his new partner agreed at the legitimacy of that "something" that had just happened, but it turned strained and panicked when the sword came out. Zen started to throw his hands up along with some apologies, but before the first word managed to get through his maw, he witnessed the sword being thrust past him. Following the blade with panic-stricken eyes that somehow got a bit wider at the sight of the now dead grim before setting back on his new partner. "Ye-yeah, let's uh, get going," Zen stammered out before finally relaxing with a large exhale and proceeding to walk along next to his partner. "So should we be concerned or anything? I mean that one was kinda wolf-ish and don't wolves run in packs?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:36 am

Sunny smiled and waved at the sudden arrival of Purse, but before she could give a proper greeting, like she deserved(just look at that amazing hat!), she was so rudely interrupted by… a giant scorpion of what-the-fuckery. And to add to the rudeness, it tried to pinch her in half. Or at least it would have if she hadn’t dodged. “Okay, too big to deflect. Possibly too strong to block. Go on the offensive and catch it off guard.” She mentally recounted combat scenarios she learned during training, but this was an actual Grimm she had to either kill or be killed by. Or she could flee with Purse, but where’s the fun in that?

She flew up to a nearby tree, only planning on staying long enough to get a good view of her attacker and possibly spot a weak point she could exploit. Well, the eyes were a start. She gathered the light around her into a ball and tossed it towards the deathstalker’s face, aiming to blind or at least disorient it with a flashbang.

Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:49 am

Auftrag looked back and saw Gem had landed nearby. He took a long drag of his cigarillo before he took it out of his mouth. "Well, I'll explain that situation that you wanted to know about earlier. See, all that blood was from The Blood Drive from Hell. Ya see, some thugs decided to pick a fight with me over my fashion sense during a blood drive and-" He was immediately interrupted by the appearance of two Ursas moving into view.

"Well then, it looks like we have some guests who want in on story time. I guess The Blood Drive from Hell will have to wait then." Auftrag seemed to press a button on his briefcase, causing a pistol grip to jut out of each side of it. He would grab each one, the case splitting and forming into a rather large revolver, labeled 'Sasha 14mm' in his left hand while his right hand gripped a long-barreled semi-automatic magnum handgun in his right hand. "Eh...eni...meni....miny....you." He shot the one on the left with his Handcannon, following up with a barrage of fire from the magnum in his right hand. If the beast charged at him, he'd dive to whichever side wasn't completely blocked off with foliage or a tree, following up with another shot from his Handcannon.

ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Purse Cutter tilted her head slightly to look past Sunshine and see what was coming and, quick as a whistle, zipped back upwards into the tree she was hanging out of and flapped her wings to propel herself up to the very top of it in a blur of pink suit and white fur.

As soon as she was on top, the needlessly showy thestral pulled one of the revolvers from the handle of her cane and jumped across to the next tree, firing in the air at the sting of the Deathstalker's tail as it seemed like the natural target. She continued the stream of bullets as she used her wings to circle the beast in a wide perimeter, keeping herself more than it's tail length away at all times while she tried to find a chink in the armor to get a good shot through.

Purse covered her eyes when the flash of light went off. "What was that?!" She shouted to Sunshine, sounding shocked but also impressed.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 am

The most that Zira would get from Nova was a tiny electric zap when their hands met, though it seemed that static field was almost entirely gone, given the tiny size of the shock. He turned to look at the school and nodded quietly, walking alongside her, taking small, measured steps so that he didn't outpace her. "Hmm? Oh, I'm not entirely certain to be honest. I mean, I find feminine clothing to be so much more... relaxed, and free, though I can't say for sure when I first decided on wearing them." He chuckled, before examining her horns. "If you don't mind me asking... what's up with the horns? Like, what animal from them are they from?"

Summer relaxed as the Grimm dissolved into dust, before sheathing her blade quietly. She gave him a smile, a genuine one this time, before nodding as he asked about them hunting in a pack. "You're probably right about that... Keep an eye out I suppose," she began to hum quietly, apparently far more at home beneath the tree canopy than in the buildings and airships of the school.

Fortunately for the moment, there was a respite, allowing the two to walk peacefully. "Soooo... I suppose we should get to know each other."

"Right it is then," Gem mused quietly, before walking towards the Ursa. He chuckled as it roared, watching the other one charge towards Auftrag, his shot shaving done little to the hulking beast, before turning his attention back to the one in front of him. It swung, and he caught the claw with the shaft of his hammer, before he retaliated, the head of his hammer slamming into the beast's jaw, shattering the white plating on it, before he reversed it and brought it down like a bolt of lightning from above.

The Grimm that attacked Auftrag bounded towards him, skidding to a halt as he dodged, quickly scrambling to face him before charging again, aiming to knock the guns from his hands.

The enormous scorpion shielded its eyes with its claws, before chittering as it scuttled towards the pair. Purse's bullet's seemed to have little effect on the beast, only serving to annoy it as its limbs travelled across the rough terrain effortlessly. As it swung at the tree Sunneh occupied, its tail darted into the air, the poison dripping noxiously as it tried to swat the flying girl out of the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:55 pm

"Relaxed, hmm, interesting.." Zira commented on Nova's answer regarding the crossdressing. After his question to her, she sighed. "Well, it's safe to say I'm not from this world. Back where I used to live, well... I'm a charr." she said, looking down at the ground as they continued walking. "We are big... felines, you call them? with horns, usually 2 pairs of ears as well. We are almost humanoid as well, with the walking on two legs, wearing clothing, building large cities and deadly machines with which we have killed our-..." she began sputtering out before remembering that Nova mainly cares about her and not her 'boring' history. "Anyways, I have had a pretty high rank in my legion. One of the best mages from the ranks, I could possibly boast. I was sent on a mission by my higher-ups one day to investigate a mysterious portal that .. well, lead to this world, and make me into this form. Although, that was many years ago, and I already got used to this world and body now, even though I still somewhat miss my high-and-low frequency ears. Would be weird going back." she finished her story. "Well, that's about it. Sorry for the long boring explanation just to say why do I have 4 horns, which I don't know which animal they're from." she added, lightly speeding up her pace while still having all her senses on full alert for anything that could jump at them at any moment.

Last edited by Xereth on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 pm

"Sure, you got any questions for me?" Zen asked as they walked through the woods, his eyes scanning the woods for any signs of movement. "Because I think I've got a few for you. Don't get too worried though, more just general things like where ya grew up at, who taught you to use a weapon like that, and if you've got a favorite ice cream. You also seemed pretty calm while able to take down a grim, so there a story about you killing them before?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:16 am

Auftrag managed to get his footing after the dodge, peppering the Ursa with a few more shots before linking the revolver to the magnum and dodging to the right. While he was doing that, his combined weapon had turned into a long rifle style weapon with a blade down each side, loaded with a magazine of high caliber ammo. He brought the rifle to bear and fired two shots into the Ursa, then brought the blade around into a defensive stance to pre-empt another charge.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Sunny frowned as she jumped out of the tree and hovered above the reach of the big fuckoff bug’s pincers. Her flashbang idea not only didn’t work, but it almost worked on her new partner. That would have been nasty. She took notice of how ineffective Purse’s gun was against the deathstalker. Perhaps something with a bit more punch would work. She raised her rifle and fired three shots at its head, hoping at least to hurt the damn thing.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Purse Cutter had to swoop and roll over in mid-air to avoid the tail, shooting off towards the other end of the line of trees, putting herself and Sunshine on either side of the Deathstalker with the scorpion an equal distance from both of them.

"Confuse it!" Purse suggested; the thestral aimed several shots of her gun at a tree just to the left of the scorpion, causing several branches to fall and gently rain down onto it's armored shell. Nothing that would even make a scratch on something like that, obviously, but any moment it's attention wasn't on them was better than a moment spent trying to kill them.

Hoping the Grimm would at least look up a little to check the disturbance, Purse landed on the ground and drew her sword, zooming straight at the back of it's stinger. She was careful with how she aimed it; if she tried to just chop off it's stinger now she'd be helpless if this didn't work, so she instead peeled off at the last second, aiming just for a glancing blow at the point where sting met tail, looking for signs of weakness.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:05 am

Summer glanced at him as they walked, stepping over a particularly large root. "The same, I guess," she said, before tapping her chin. "I grew up in a Canterlot, but I was born a great deal further south. I'm uh... I'm self taught. My parents don't... approve of my choice of career. And I prefer Latte flavoured ice-cream," she chuckled, before looking at him, eyebrow raised. "What about you... Zen, was it?"

Gem snorted as the Ursa tried to come at him again, the head of his hammer twisting and shifting in place till he was holding an enormous cannon. Light pulsed inside the barrel, before an iridescent emerald beam of light erupted forth, consuming most of the Ursa's body. By the time the light had faded, most of the Grimm's body was missing, the remainder crumbling away to dust. "How are ya goin'?" he called, glancing over his shoulder at Auftrag, panting heavily.

Auftrag's Ursa had absorbed the shots he put into it, and roared as it charged again, impaling itself on the twin blades of the young hunter in order to get close. It pressed its weight against him, before swinging its claws at his head.

Nova was quiet as she spoke, occasionally nodding but otherwise simply absorbing the information she was giving him. "I see..." he said as she finally finished her explanation. "Well, that's quite the story you've got there... can't say I have anything as interesting as that," he continued, before pausing as he heard leaves rustling. "Oh dear... I think we have grimm on the wa-"

His statement was cut short as a trio of boarbatusks charged out of the underbrush, two of them heading towards Zira, whilst the whilst the other ran towards Nova. Nova grunted, grabbing the beast by its tusks and digging his heels in, dirt flying up as he matched the Grimm's strength.

Meanwhile, the two facing off against Zira seemed intent on impaling her, with one coming from her left and the other the right, both having their tusks aimed at her chest.

The deathstalker screeched as Sunneh shot it, the shots doing minimal damage to its carapace, before it turned to face Purse. It ignored the tree branches, instead taking inspiration from Purse and ripping a tree from the ground, before hurling it at the odd mare.

Fortunately, the stinger did seem to have a minor weak spot that could be exploited, the beast screeching in actual pain as it turned to face Purse. As it did, a beam of emerald light lanced through the forest and removed the Grimm's left claw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:30 am

Zira chuckled."Oh, it's nothing. I'm sure a dragon like yourself has a more interesting story." she said. She perked up at she heard some rustling. She lightly jumped backwards in surprise as the three boarbatusks ambushed them. "Oh goody, starting out with a bang, huh." she said as she pulled her staff from her back. She nodded at Nova who went head on with one of them while the other two seemed to be approaching her from each of her sides. She waited just a bit so they would be very close away before flash-teleporting a distance away, her staff quickly changing into her sniper rifle. If everything went according to her swiftly-made plan, the two boarbatusks would head on crash into each other, hopefully impaling each other before both being shot by Zira's stun bullets. A third stun bullet would of course also go into the boarbatusk that Nova was fighting.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academia, The Revival   

Back to top Go down

Academia, The Revival
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next