A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Sugarcubes (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:06 pm

"You should be worried about the bird more than the owner; the owner is more likely to forgive than a plucked, angered phoenix." Celestia chuckled as they made their way to the hill, every step of Celestia's worth just over two of Sugary's. She raised an eyebrow when she saw the tea warming he was performing. "An impressive bit of magic Mr Sugary but Equestria is not currently in a thermos shortage." She remarked.

They walked in silence for a few more moments before Celestia was asked about her cooking. "My guards always keep a routine amount of cooking materials on hand, to prevent the likelihood of poisoned goods. I would prefer to cook for myself than laze about and allow my whims to be tended to while my ability to be independent degrades." Celestia explained, pulling back the basket covering to let Sugary see a basket full of small icing cakes and hot cross buns, as well as what looked to be home made biscuits.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 am

"Hah... That maybe so, but there's no telling how long before Miss Applejack joins us."

Content with keeping the tea warm, he almost drooled at the sight of the confections Celestia had made. "... Security measures aside, if I'd known you were making this much variety, I'd have tried the same. Such scrumptious looking sweets too..." He greatly debated asking for one on the spot, but he figured waiting till the destination was reached was better... Until his stomach rumbled from looking at the basket and then looked sheepishly at her. "Ah... May I have one of those buns...? Oh, and of course you can have cookies right now too if you want! Also, any chance I will be expected to hold ingredients as well, or does Princess Twilight have other standards I should know of?" He didn't mean to make the last quetion sound like it was talk of work, but he found it incredibly amusing and thorough for Celestia to take such care with her snacks; Delightfully quirky in a way in its eccentricity. So curiosity for another Princess was hard to ignore under the same topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Celestia smiled and offered her basket out to Sugary, inviting him to take anything he liked while her illuminated horn produced a cookie from Sugary's own batch; the treat enveloped in a yellow aura skipped Celestia's hand entirely and was deposited straight into the mare's mouth, down and the hatch practically in one bite yet somehow she maintained the kind of poise and dignity with such a chomp that one would expect at a dinner table.

"My compliments to the chef." She hummed after evidently enjoying the cookie quite a fair bit. "I may have to steal Twilight's new guard captain and make him my chef." She pondered, sounding like she was only half-joking. "As for standards, do you like books? If so, you and my dear Twilight should be as thick as thieves, though hopefully not with the behavior to match unlike my sister; in one thousand years I forgot the curse of having a younger sister who enjoys borrowing the eldest's belongings without asking."

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:47 pm

While he could've been eating the roll he graciously took by now, he attentively looked to her face as she ate one of his cookies with an oddly satisfying muffled crunch for a single bite. He smiled as if he had been holding his breath for approval, but her expression was enough to give him the answer he hoped for. He then beamed with childish joy and pride along with rosy cheeks that made his somewhat rugged face seem smoother and younger all of a sudden when she complimented his treat making; For one who learned how to wield a mixing spoon long before learning how to wield a battleaxe, there was hardly a better reaction she could give him. He also, in turn, kept his cheeks rosy while humming wistfully as he ate the roll slowly, savoring the flavor. "This is delicious~"

Keeping an amused raised brow at her half-joke, he listened well regarding Twilight, and looked just as content as he chuckled when hearing of Celestia's sibling. "Well, I'll admit I'm not as Scholarly as I've heard Twilight is, but I won't pass up a chance to further my magic studies in general. Let's just say I prefer practical applications over roundabout theory... Although, I am fond of a good story now and then."

Slowly but surely, they came close to the small hill the airship was placed upon. It had been in plain sight all along, but was parked in such a way it both stood out and yet wasn't in the way of anything in particular. He had chosen the location to keep his eyes on it easily from time to time even while patrolling the town. "... And there's the airship. Bit aged, but aged well. She's a lot sturdier than she looks. After several owners, she's got a few stories to tell... Speaking of which..." He looked to Celestia outright as he finished his roll. "What kind of stories are you fond of?" He also offered her another cookie by his own volition, this time a pink glow holding the cookie for her to grab either with her hand or magic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Celestia settled herself down quite comfortably once they had reached the location, laying out the blanket laid over her basket for her to sit on. The look she cast at the airship was one of curiosity, almost analytical even though one would not expect a princess to have any reason to know the workings and structural nature of an airship. 

"Are you describing your ship or trying to say something about your princess?" Celestia joked at Sugary with a chuckle hidden behind her hand. From her own basket she produced two large plates and began piling all manner of pastries, cakes and biscuits onto them, obviously a platter to help themselves to. "Stories are formed by experiences Mr Market; my own experiences could give you the most peaceful of dreams or the worst of nightmares, so it is fair to say that any story is to my liking." She spoke so calmly even though the words essentially admitted to a very hard life.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:45 am

Sugary halted and curiously looked upon Celestia as she sat down suddenly while they were very near the airship. He wondered what exactly caused her to look upon the ship as she did until it finally clicked to him that he only left the ramp to the lower level available, and the space within was a tad small. "Oops! Unless it's right-to-and-from the cargo room, she's gonna have a hard time walking in there." Perhaps that wasn't the real reason to her, but she was taller than he was so he wouldn't pass on the thought given previous guests.

Before he got around to making the adjustments, her latest comments got him thinking on quite a lot about her, though he did seem to be holding back a smile as well. "Any story you say? Well, I'm all ears any time... As for you or my ship? Well, unless you're going to welcome me with open arms each time we take off to the grand open skies..." He began to speak, a tad dramatically on purpose even as he held his chest daintily with one hand while his other arm was outstretched to the horizon where he looked. "Stand by me through thick and thin no matter where we go or what trials we may face... And hold precious memories of all our times together..." He then gazed upon her with an easygoing peaceful expression, genuinely fond of what he called his other home, placing both arms on his chest gently. "Then my heart belongs to only one still..." He took a light bow, but as he arose he held a cheery smile with a mildly scrunched muzzle. "The other one does have my loyalty too though... Anyway, please let me get the ramp ready..."

He politely took another bow... and then leaned down to grab one of the sweets she left on a plate he guessed was meant for him, and happily ate from a slice of cake with mirth as he soon became engulfed in light, and was gone from sight, cake and tea included. Sounds could be heard coming from the deck of the airship eventually though, as a larger ramp was now raised along with the occasional sounds of gears grinding, grunting, and humming over good cake up until the ramp was finally available for use. "This needs more oil... Er, it's ready! I got the sheets set up too." And if she came along, she'd see a simple square of various colorful sheets being used to make a somewhat plush place to sit down and have a late picnic/teatime. She'd even see him pouring the tea for them nearby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Celestia simply teleported herself onto the deck where Sugary had laid out his sheets. The way she teleported was different than a standard unicorn, she appeared to vanish and reappear in a plume of flames much like her phoenix would, though thankfully the area she appeared in showed no sign of burns or scorch marks from the teleportation spell she used; possibly she had so much power the flames were her burning off excess magic in a literal form, or perhaps it was merely a formality she practiced to maintain her image as the deity of the sun.

"Much appreciated." She said with a smile as she teleported the basket and plates from outside the ship and onto the deck with much the same flare of flames that she had used to move herself there. The mischievous grin on her face told Sugary that she had never intended on using the ramp she asked him to setup, and even if she hadn't been obviously holding in a laugh she had to wonder why the stallion had never questioned why she didn't teleport or use her wings.

"Now then, time for me to partake in a foreign delicacy or two. It has been months since I was able to treat myself to some non-Equestrian cooking." She mused, levitating a slice of cake from Sugary's own basket and taking a small bite; she could've munched the whole thing in one go with her muzzle but apparently table manners were maintained even at a picnic with her.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Sugary was stunned, getting a prickly feeling down his spine as he looked over the mischievous grin Celestia had after he was made to make the ramp move. He promptly smacked his own face and snorted as old memories resurfaced looking upon the hot buns from the basket as one big analogy as well. He then looked to her with a flushed face and a scrunched muzzle. "Alright, next time you're flying aboard unless you're disabled. The last mare to give me that same cheeky look was my sister making me think she couldn't fly when she was pregnant..." The flushed face remained for a time as he was more bemused by why he didn't just use common sense even if it was for a Diarch. He was also annoyed that he couldn't stay bemused at himself or her because she made such a harmless show of it. There was also the fact she was still being polite and pleasant afterwards while eating his cookies. He felt rather conflicted between merriment, shame, and pride.

Still keeping his hat on because he was having a hard time making eye contact for now, he focused more on drinking tea and eating her own sweets slowly to calm his flushed state. Eventually, something else he had been keeping in his thoughts resurfaced, still not making eye contact. "... By the way, how serious were you about asking me to make treats for you? I'd still very much like to have a chance to learn recipes from you sometime; I wasn't kidding about that." One might think he was just making conversation to break the awkward silence he had, but even he couldn't hide the fact that every bite he took from her own treats was very enjoyable, which only made his flushed feelings keep lasting more than intended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:35 pm

"But I am disabled my dear." Celestia grinned at him as she used her magic to set the picnic up on the deck. "One can only consider it a handicap to be so proficient at making ponies make themselves look like fools." She smiled at him with a wink at Sugary before sliding his plate to him on a small platform of her magic. "Now hush and let's see if my cooking can hold a handle to yours."

Celestia quickly reached into Sugary's own basket with her magic, rooting around inside it and seeing what took her fancy. "I was not very serious my dear; you should come to expect that when I do not have a need to be serious." She told him while her magic carried a hot cross bun to her hands. "Though considering the caliber of your cooking so far I would happily take a few tips."

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Sugary just sat there quietly as Celestia seemingly reveled in her own silliness. Deep down he was well and truly perplexed by her company, but his flushed state eventually showed his true feelings as he finally took the hat off and placed it next to him while letting out a hearty laugh. "You're terrible, you know that!? Woe be to the foes of Equestria, for Her Majesty will ridicule them better than any defeat ever will...!" He took a deep breath and sighed to relax as his earlier frustration flowed away in the evening air, or maybe it was Celestia's flowing ethereal mane glowing in the night like an aurora that helped that process along as he looked to her.

"... Also, that one wasn't made by me. Miss Applejack made something of her own before I went out to meet with you. But I did get taught the fundamentals while growing up and kept practicing once in a while and taking notes since. I can most certainly make more than just those gingerbread cookies. Like coconut and pineapple taffy, sweet rice, passion fruit melange, starfruit candy, flan, coffee bean cake, gof-....." He then stopped himself as he realized he might've gone at it for a fair bit on autopilot. He cleared his throat and took some tea. "Er... Yes, I'd be happy to share cooking tips with you. We might even cook something up later if you fancy down at my... kit... chen..." He looked to her size more intently. "Though you might have to squat down a bit..." He chuckled nervously, briefly, afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:50 pm

"The foes of Equestria know better than to open themselves up for such opportunities." Celestia laughed as she pulled several of the cookies out of Sugary's basket with her magic while she finished off the hot bun in her hand. "Unlike certain unusual stallions with exquisite cooking skills." She remarked before taking a bite out of one of the cookies; judging by the way she gently let her eyes flutter shut and smiled deeply while she took the small bite, it was fair to say Sugary's cookies had done their job.

"Applejack and you are giving me competition." Celestia remarked with a raised eyebrow. "Perhaps I will have to make a royal decree against showing up the princesses' work in the kitchen."

"I reckon that wouldn't be necessary." Applejack's familiar voice called; the orange, stetson wearing mare was walking up the hill with a steaming pie held in her hand.

"Speak of Cerberus and it shall appear." Celestia joked as Applejack ascended the ramp and placed down the large apple pie and three plates.

"I know y'all were just making treats but I figure we might as well have ourselves a little something to celebrate the new job." Applejack smiled, giving Sugary a bump on the shoulder.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Joviality was the theraphy of the day as Sugary kept laughing along with Celestia, continuously filled with pride as she ate his cookies with a satisfied look.

He perked up as Applejack then announced her arrival, and by then he was glad he left the ramp down after the prank. He did wonder if Celestia foresaw this moment in particular either way, but he soon abandoned the thought as AJ arrived with fresh pie. Rarely did he feel so elated sitting on the deck of his ship under the moonlight; The pleasant company was really making his day so far as he recalled fond memories of similar times with traveling companions.

Once AJ gave him a bump on his shoulder, he returned the greeting with a quick hug over her shoulder. "Glad you could join us! And you brought pie to celebrate? You two are gonna spoil me rotten!" He glanced right at Celestia afterwards. "Forget going to the kitchen, at this rate we'll be more stuffed than sleeping bears!" He offered tea to AJ, and gazed upon the pie with hunger to be sure.

More treats galore, and he'd happily eat and drink tea with the mares as each served and shared with one another. As they ate, he thought about the matter of sharing what he needed to say to them now that it was evening. Ultimate, the decision was to save it for when the meal was over and keep celebrating instead. However, he would also share what he intended on demand as he listened to what the others had to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:35 am

"Sleeping bears ain't got it this good." Applejack chuckled, opening Sugary's basket and helping herself while Celestia simply set about emptying the baskets properly out onto the blanket, using her magic to neatly arrange everything on plates so they could help themselves and not need to pass around constantly. The alicorn herself seemed very relaxed, actually lying down flat on the blanket and looking up at the stars above where the same two shooting stars they had sighted earlier made another appearance over head; Luna must have decided for a slightly showy night's sky.

"Y'all ever looked through a spyglass at the sky?" Applejack asked to Sugary from where she too sat observing the stars. "While this thing's flying I mean. Must be able to get a much better view than what we can get down on the ground, heck I'm sure Dash gets a great view from her house."

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:24 am

((Stargazing))

With the focus of the snacktime shifting to the stars, Sugary soon leaned back a bit to look up as well, ears flicking lightly as he listened to Applejack, while pondering about the shooting stars in the distance. "What a lively night. Feels like it's giving off a light show on purpose...? Mm... Hard to tell..." Entertaining himself with the sight, he gave more thought instead to the question to answer earnestly. "Well, yes I have. Granted, nowadays it's more to keep my bearings than idle curiosity, but there's always something worth spotting eventually on the horizon or right above..."

For a moment, he went silent, thinking upon what was further beyond the stars he could see, or perhaps one of them was right were he needed to see? Perspective changed greatly for him in recent times to be sure. He smiled a bit more, mostly addressing AJ. "... When you look through a looking glass, what do you seek in the end? A creature in the distance? A far off land? A peaceful resolution to conflict? Or something to reflect how you're doing deep down? What sort of thing do you find worth looking at in the first place?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:32 am

"Sugarcube I ain't one for soul searching." Applejack laughed, playfully knocking Sugary's hat over his eyes for a moment. "If I'm looking through a telescope I'll settle for finding a solid appletree or a decent water source to be frank."

Celestia seemed to get Sugary's point more but stayed quiet, observing her sister's work in the night sky with a strange look. The odds were good she could see some significance in the stars that the other two ponies could not, given how she knew Luna so well and could pick out her little personal touches and what they meant; the shooting stars were numerous even for her and the constellations seemed surprisingly apparent.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:43 pm

With the hat placed back over his head, Sugary chuckled softly. "Oh...! Heh... Well, that's fine too. Let your mind wander too much and you might end up ignoring the plain simple truth right in front of you. I'll tell you one thing though: Nothing's more satisfying to me than finding a solution to a problem, big or small." Such was his take on the metaphor as he removed the hat again, lightly stroking the feather before setting it down and having himself another slice of pie with more tea.

He then looked to Celestia more, thinking she had been rather quiet for a while. He wondered if she was just content with small company and snacks or if there was more to it. Since the sky had her attention still, he looked up again, this time really trying to spot what was up with the vivid stars. "... Celestia, is something going on up there...?" He even tried to look at the formation of stars to see if he could make out any noteworthy shapes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:19 am

"Countless things, countless that I know of, countless more which will forever elude even me and Luna." Celestia said vaguely; the way she looked at the stars and constellations was as if she was reading them, not like one looks at the constellations as pictures but as if there were words in some vast invisible book that she was currently trying to memorize. "I admit that some days I wonder if the things which elude me do so because that is how things are supposed to be, or if I perhaps am simply insufficient to know them."

Applejack stared at Celestia, silent; Celestia didn't seem bitter or upset or even particularly perturbed by this apparent worry of not being a good enough ruler, she said it very calmly. It didn't take a genius to tell this was not a new feeling for the solar princess.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:09 am

"Mm... There's always more to know out there, yes... Getting to read new chapters varies by how you manage turn the pages though..." Sugary seemed to get what Celestia meant, to a point at least, as he continued to stargaze. It was then he thought back to his own origins, and sighed for a moment, bracing himself for what he was about to do as he stood up with a bright smile.

"Speaking of new chapters... I do believe I owe you two more pages about myself still, don't I? Is there anything you wanna ask outright, or should I just go right ahead and put on a show?" He hadn't actually rehearsed for anything, but he seemed very eager to talk and be forthright with his company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:14 am

Celestia just smiled at him with that usual distant look of hers, as if she was looking at so much more than a ship deck and the stallion standing on it; everytime she looked around it was like she could see some great secret that they couldn't, and whenever her eyes were on Sugary it was with a look as if she already knew what he was going to say, but let him say it to be polite.

"Not really Sugarcube, prefer an open floor myself." Applejack said, looking slightly apologetic that she didn't have questions to give the eager stallion.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:30 am

((Mystical Marvelous Meteorite!))

"Very well..." He bowed to both lightly as one who ran a theater might when greeting an audience. One arm rose towards Celestia, staring her way. "Great Lady of the Sun..." Another arm rose towards Applejack, staring her way afterwards too. "And Esteemed Lady of apple fields... I ask you both to visualize a place, a home much like your own, and yet to reach it one must go far beyond the sky; Beyond the stars..." He looked up, smiling softly as he had somewhat of an idea who had Celestia's attention sooner, even if not for certain. His horn, and then his body began to shine a soft pink when he looked to both again. "Now hold that thought if you have it yet. If not, then allow me to share my own vision for ease, and for comparison..."

His magic then began to spread and run from his hooves onto the Black Mambo itself all over, runes lighting up as it seemingly came to life, brimming with a mixture of Sugary's Mana and the ship's Magitek itself working in unison with him. His eyes shone bright, and soon a vivid illusion began to play around them. Even in the dark of the night, the surrounding air took a lighter shine as rays of the sun shone over vast open fields. It was nothing spectacular at first, but as the seconds went by, so did the scenery, shifting to show a rather large town full of many shops, workers, farmers, and some patrol guards in their small outposts. Their races varied from familiar looking equines, to other less familiar beings of animalistic features, some perhaps impossible to find in Equestria. A good number of them also seemed to be just as likely to wear clothes as to not wear them, having nothing to be ashamed of among themselves. "I come from a settlement upon fertile lands. Finely grown potatoes can be purchased in bulk, modest quality clothes can be tailored, and the smell of refineries and kitchens compete to attract the noses of those seeking to sate their hunger for battle... or a nice mango pie." A foal, heavily resembling Sugary, gingerly walked between the mares holding a fresh batch of said pie before the scenery changed again.

The next scenery showed a more militaristic location under the midday sun. A large fortress decorated with ages worth of memorabilia, weapons, and tools. By this point, Sugary himself would shine again before the light went away, showing him covered all over in Ruby red steel armor; Each step he took on the deck was a lot heavier and metallic however, so the armor was very much real and his own as he spoke from within the helmet, pointing towards a training drill for rigorous exercise involving a lot of repeated squats, running, and boulder lifting. "I am indeed a Mercenary by profession. You need a guard? I'm available. You need a fugitive tracked? My eyes and ears are your eyes and ears. Need muscle and magic? I got both in spades... And I owe much of it to the Tantalus guild. I cannot guarantee I'll meet your standards for Equestrian Royal Guards, but I'll do my best to fullfill that of Tantalus and its creed." He began to self levitate lightly from the deck, crossing his legs as several spheres of elemental energy manifested around him. More scenes of various beings and vivid faces were shown time and again as they trained and worked tooth and nail with their bodies, weapons, and magic. Even Sugary would be seen again among the other Mercenaries wearing a more modest set of leather armor he was growing into. The final piece of the scenery would be that of the emblem of Tantalus itself, which was also engraved upon the chestplate of his armor.

Another set of scenery changes were from the deck of the Black Mambo itself, every moment shifting from one location in a region to the next; Mixing in far off views of the seas and sea monsters, other open fields and fields on fire during monster raids, peaceful skies and clashes against dragons and other fell beasts up high. "I've traveled far from that little town I started from to get to where I am today, and much of that I also owe to my ship and home. It would please me to no end to have others share that experience of travel through thick and thin." It seemed the airship had seen its fair use of action and travel as well. And with every scene change, the sunlight changed from day to afternoon, to evening, ending with a sky full of other variants of airships, some looking far more advanced than others even while others carried other sorts of machines for ground use. Among other locations, there were towns, castles, and temples up high in mountains, over water, and even upon clouds themselves. Some parallels were still apparent, but much was still very distinct from that which the mares likely knew of.

One more scene during the night itself happened. A gathering of mages young and old in a large circle, the airship itself in the center of the gathering. They seemed to be chanting in unison. "... We're no strangers to traveling very far ourselves. Where we reside, we know of other worlds, and we visit them from time to time by various means. But one of the preferred methods for Mages, Tantalus Mages no less, mix in magic with alchemy as they can make a vessel out of stone and metal to travel past the stars..." The illusion showed the airship then becoming engulfed into stone, assimilated into it as energy by sorcery. Moments later, the meteor shot up into the air, higher and higher till it could be seen no more. "I won't claim to be the first to have arrived here, but I'm not here to cause trouble. My own interests are in curiosity and expanding my knowledge." The illusion was gone afterwards, leaving only him floating in mid-air. He briefly looked towards Celestia in particular, and then truly got around to letting his power flare out; The elemental sphere grew and trembled with power as he spun them, but never once did he lose himself or lose control while showing his might. This was his calling card to the Alicorn Diarch, to let her gauge him with more ease. He then looked to Applejack as well, speaking somewhat softly. "... I am not Equestrian, that I can claim with certainty. I come from Melmond, but I hope I am still welcome here..."

Last edited by Mr. Market on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 pm

While Applejack watched in awe, Celestia seemed unsurprised by what Sugary showed her and the things he spoke of. Not that she didn't seem intrigued to know that this was the sort of background that the otherwise fairly humble mercenary came from, but it seemed that in some way she knew of this before, which considering her great age and wisdom was perhaps not too shocking an idea to entertain, she was indeed older than the kingdom she currently ruled over.

She waited for him to finish and simply nodded to Applejack reassuringly when the farmer looked to her after Sugary was done. "As you should know Mr Market, Equestria welcomes any with open arms who are willing to welcome us with the same attitude." She told him; her eyes were oddly far away, nostalgic even, perhaps some old adventures of her own being dragged up by Sugary's story and memories of his past experiences.

"I'll be...." Applejack said quietly, looking at Sugary rather differently. "Not exactly your average family homestead upbringing huh sugarcube?" She said, looking rather impressed.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Sugary did not show it at first given the helmet, but he had a rather gleeful smile; He was unsurprised at the welcoming, but appreciated it greatly nonetheless. He bowed to Celestia in mid-air, and hovered back down to stand and then bow to Applejack as well. "Wonderful! We can continue with the meal and leisure as we were then! And Miss Applejack, I draw a parallel between your career and your potential as far as not being average goes. Again I would offer to teach you magic, but I feel you would refuse me still, yes...?" He toned down his aura and spheres till they had fully receded, eventually once more shining and having his clothes from earlier again before sitting down with them having the same broad smile still.

"You know... It's all the more simple to explain my being here as crossing over an ocean of stars... The trip was lenghtly, yes, but ever since arriving I have very much enjoyed myself. So much more I could learn regarding magic as well; Trust me, I have no plans to leave any time soon." He casually took another piece of cake with tea, and ate and drank as if nothing had happened between them to tarnish the evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   

Back to top Go down

Sugarcubes (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6