A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Fallen Canterlot Reboot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:53 pm

[Import your character sheets from Khaos’ site and put them in spoiler boxes with your post. For reference sake, the current year in Equestria is 1626]

Ah yes, the train ride to Fallen Canterlot, otherwise known as the 5th city. To some, it’s a familiar and somewhat pleasant ride down to Equestria’s premier honeymoon destination. To others, it’s a place to be pushed to pursue opportunity where it has dried up on the surface. And for some ponies, they won the lottery and the prize was a free but mandatory trip to hell.

Anyhow, look out the window! Aren’t the false stars lovely? Oh, how they remind the soul of the horrifying things that lie beyond the dark corners of Equus.

First Class Lounge Car (For ponies with a little too much self-respect or money) [Lolk and Khaos]

Oh, today was just a wonderful day in first class. The false stars were very lovely, some of them with their yellow hues to contrast the stark green of others. All of these from the best lounge chairs in all of Equestria, which, conveniently enough, had their own personal tables off to the side for holding drinks or the occasional snack. There were only eight ponies up here, but, of course, not all ponies were first class in mind, body, spirit, and wallet.

The decadent sounds of jazz filled the car, coming from a phonograph properly secured in a back corner. The music helped in setting a calm and almost sensual atmosphere for the passengers. A pair of ponies, specifically a thestral of drab coloration, likely a distinguished lady of science with no experience on how Hell worked, judging by her sleeveless short dress, evening gloves, glasses, and academic airs, was dancing with a rather effeminate-looking unicorn stallion, likely a knight just by his rather plain tuxedo (for someone riding first class, mind you.) and manner of carrying himself with each step. They were slow dancing, likely having a relationship of some sort.

Off to the right side was a very fancy self-service bar, with fine wines and the occasional spirit for the rare connoisseur of such a beverage. Behind the bar was a bright pink pegasus stallion, clad in what upon first glance would be a nice dress suit, but upon further examination was ill fitting, untailored, his tweed waistcoat not doing him any favors as it only served to highlight how much he seemed on a budget. He was helping himself to a bottle of the Zebricana 1622, measuring out a socially acceptable amount of the wine into his glass, before sitting there for a moment, pondering something. Possibly the fact that he had just treated the shitty Zebricana wine like a Valentian 1601. Someone should educate the poor child on his wines and spirits.

A changeling sat in one of the chairs to the back and off to the left, wearing trousers, a dress shirt, and a waistcoat, all covered in a [Bizzare] gilded pattern. It was nearly impossible to tell their gender at first glance, but it looked like they were at least a noble. They were rather enjoying a copy of My Personal Plague by the renowned Equestrian author and recluse, Cherry Morning.

This brings us to two of our protagonists, each of them students on their way to Canterlot’s foremost university, Summerset. Each of them has their own stories about how they even got in the car in the first place, but it’s their job to explain that.

Economy Class (For ponies with no self-respect or who won the lottery and were too cheap to upgrade)[Dual and Jam]

As much as Economy had windows, they weren’t very useful to those cramped inside, especially due to the fact that there were twelve rows of seats in the train car at seven seats apiece. In fact, barely of the light from the false stars made it into the train car, meaning it had to be lit via magical means instead, making it impossible to sleep. This gave a strange, almost artificial feel to the car that certainly wasn’t advertising.

No one had even seen a food cart down here for the past four hours, and the train would be reaching its next stop in around thirty minutes. Riding Economy was a poor choice, and many ponies were feeling it.

Then, almost like a gift from heaven, one of the doors opened and a bottle of whiskey was tossed through. Everything was silent for a moment, one pony walking up and picking up the bottle to examine the brand. Then another pony got up and punched them, knocking them backwards and taking the bottle away. All hell broke loose right after that. Ponies, changelings, griffons, and kirins began attacking each other, fighting tooth and nail over that one bottle of whiskey out of a combination of lack of sleep, desperation, and sheer hatred for the pony sitting next to them. Surprisingly, no weapons were pulled in the ensuing struggle.

This brings us to our other two protagonists, who again have their own reasons for riding Economy, most likely because they were either poor, cheap, or looking for some fun in the next thirty minutes.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:16 am

Lolk:

Sitting nearest the exit is yet another changeling, though much taller, almost 7' 0" tall. She is quite clearly of the Royal variety, piercing amber eyes (With pupils) flicking nervously around the room. She takes another sip of tea, eyes dancing across the still unfamiliar light grey chitin she had garbed herself in before the transition. There is a certainty presence about her, beyond the one attributed to most tall people. A radiance felt with the heart, but not seen through the eyes. She exudes inspiration, thousands of ideas, the motivation to move mountains and crown kings swelling up in all who observed her.
She sat completely unaware of this, of course. Otherwise she would've done something incredibly foolish in the throes of newly acquire emotions.

The attempts to throttle the various fidgets of this body were... tiring, to say the least. The long dragonfly wings had been the one concession she was currently willing to make, letting them by with their occasional buzzes and flutters. She hated this body. Coming here had been a huge mistake, but she needed to. No avoiding it now, of course. Wrapping a facade of mortality was one thing, but to be shoved and locked into one, changed throughout every part of her being...

She was a tad rattled by the whole experience, if she was honest. Moreover, there were certain... things in her mind coming out to play. Things that shouldn't be there anymore. She'd have to deal with them later, once she was at the very least able to walk without constantly having to remember to move her legs. It'd come soon enough. And then, she would be able to start working through her list.

For now though, Lolk sits back, and lets herself enjoy the process of actually tasting something, rather than knowing how good it was. A novel experience, for her (it! it!) anyways. She absentmindedly tugs on a sleeve of the collared shirt she'd had to put on. Fashion was both understood and reviled, but she coudl hardly get away with her normal patchwork ragamuffin look in Hell. They had standards.

"I'm on my way Sister."

Last edited by Lorthalis of Crows on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:44 am

Percival Gringolet:

The Honourable Percival Gringolet was currently representing his family's long-held and distinguished virtues to the good people of the First Class compartment. Lo, he was making quite impressive strides in displaying just what sort of peerage his line had produced time and time again. Truly, no lesser family could be so very grand.
That's entirely why he was nursing a not-quite-socially-acceptable amount of fine liquor in front of him. A youthful, experimental brew, not even properly dated. It was clear, almost like water, but the fact that he'd been only going through the bottle a shot glass at a time betrayed its nature. He had been making thoroughly slow progress, yes, but even so, his consumption of such a spirit was just ever so slightly grating in being ever so slightly beyond the bounds of polite society.
Nonetheless, he didn't look all that inebriated, even though he'd been sipping his way down for the past hour. But he did take a rather disturbingly interested look at the stallion in the tweed jacket that had decided to join him at the bar. Where his consumption was inappropriate, the look he was giving this poor stallion was absolutely improper. "Why hello there," he drolled, in a voice that certainly knew how to droll, "I'm starting to think I'd like something with a bit more flavor than this stuff. Perhaps you have a suggestion?"

View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:28 am

Verde Tin:

It's likely that the bright artificial light, the naturally poor muffling of track noises, and the lack of a food cart coming back to serve the economy-class travelers would deter most mares, especially most mares traveling alone in oddly expensive-looking clothing for someone traveling on the cheap. For Verde Tin, traveling on the cheap has long been one of her favorite practices and while she doesn't travel much, it's always been in economy and she had fully anticipated the lack of service and the irritatingly bright lights. A small meal before boarding the train and a cloth handkerchief combined with a lightly-bound thin cord meant that she was neither starving from the neglect nor having her nap disrupted by the intrusive light. What _did_ end up disrupting her nap was a fight breaking out and the passengers to either side of her deciding that a fist fight would be good times and so were making a beeline to the scrum. For the three to the left, this meant trying to shove passed Verde on their way out and complaining very loudly when her knees got in their way. The offended and steadily more profane cries cause her to lift her improvised mask above her eyes and give the trio a dim look. "Patience children," she says with her touched-with-Trotsford accent. "The opportunity for a broken face isn't going to be escaping you in the next twenty seconds."

So saying, she stands and scoots herself to the end of the row and stands aside to let them jump into the fray. With a grin, she then slide back into the row, pulls her piece of luggage out from under her seat, and plops herself down at the abandoned "window". She then leans her head to a side, replaces the eye mask, and goes back to the task of napping while the fight turns into a mess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:56 am

Valkyrie:

Valkyrie looks out from under her jacket at the fighting going on in the carriage and sighs. She'd spent most of the journey just sitting in the corner with her coat on her head in an attempt at pretending to somehow get some sleep when what she was really doing was tinkering with her mechanical arm and occasionally taking a crafty dose of Laudanum to pass the time. Despite the cramped conditions and annoying artificial lighting Valkyrie had managed to make herself quite comfortable on the carriage by getting a corner seat right at the back before giving any others who tried to sit next to her a death stare of sorts to make them go awkwardly squeeze between some other passengers who don't look like they'll set them on fire at some point, effectively meaning she got two seats for herself.

Quickly putting her coat back on, Valkyrie stands up and begins making her way to where she last saw the bottle of whiskey. Anyone who thinks to try and stop her quickly find an empty laudanum bottle being thrown at their head or a fist being thrown at their throat in an attempt to subdue them with a single strike (and hopefully not kill them). "Nothing else to do right now so I may as well get a drink while I wait." She says to herself as she climbs over a set of empty seats, her eyes fixed on wherever the whiskey is at the current moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:41 pm

First Class
The changeling sitting across from Lolk looked up, almost surprised to see such a changeling sitting across from itself. It took a moment to blink and get a better look at Lolk, almost as if it were sizing her up. "Oh, I didn't see you there." They had a very strange voice with a sort of warbling cadence to it, like what a changeling Queen had. "I am Nil...or, I was Nil. I haven't gotten my new name yet..." They seemed almost solemn at that. "So...what's your name and brings you to the fallen city?"

The few ponies who caught a glimpse of what Percival had been drinking had visibly cringed every time he took a shot. This was going to probably find its way around certain social circles somewhere and bite him in the ass hard. However, to their pleasure Percival had moved on to something else, specifically the stallion in the tweed jacket. And that look he was giving the poor boy was certainly going to make its rounds at parties.

Percival's Scandal: [10/100]

The stallion blinked as Percival actually spoke to him, looking him up and down. "Ah...uh..." He took a sip of the wine in his hand nervously, frowning a bit as he realized how awful and cheap the wine he chose was. "Um...it certainly isn't this wine if that's what you're wondering. I...have zero clue about spirits and wine outside of Zebrican being garbage." He dumped the glass out in a nearby potted plant that had been added to 'enrich' the atmosphere of the bar. "What stuff are you drinking anyhow? It looks like water..."

Economy Class

[Bad Dog, No Biscuits]
One single pegasus stallion in working class clothes went to move and stop Valkyrie, only to find that Laudanum bottles are made of pretty solid stuff. He gripped his snout and let out a wail of pain. The bottle, however, didn't shatter from the impact, as it was made to be reusable. He picked it up and shouted "WEAPON!" loud enough to be heard over the din of the car. All of the fighting had stopped. A kirin barely older than 16 had claimed the whiskey bottle, but now all eyes were on Val. Something would tell her that what she had done was a bad idea.

Then somepony's boot connected with Val's left side, and then the left side of her head. Ow. Really fucking ow. Both of those hits managed to hurt her through the laudanum haze she was in, which should have been a massive hint that she might have fucked up. If Val turned around, she would see an earth pony mare, wearing what looked to a workman's shirt, trousers, reinforced boots, and arm wraps. She was very muscular as if she worked out or did all sorts of heavy lifting, and had a green coat of fur with a light brown mane. She stood around seven feet away from Val. "Just who the fuck do ya think ya are, bringing some sorta weapon to a casual brawl?" The pegasus from before showed her the bottle from the other side of the small crowd that was starting to form around Val and the mare. "So...yer an addict, eh? I'll show you what we do to fuckups like you around here."

Valkyrie's Wounds: [6/100]

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Valkyrie groans and stumbles back a little, rubbing her side where she was kicked. She looks over at the mare.
"Your definition of "weapon" and mine must be pretty different because if I wanted to use a weapon I'd have used this," She pulls out one of her pistols and briefly waves it around before putting it back into her jacket and she does the same with her machete. "or this, so when you look at the alternatives was that really a weapon? Doubt it." She pauses for a moment to let out another pained groan before pointing at her attacker. "Also, recovering addict just so you know; you don't want to see me a few years ago because that was bad. But now I have to ask the question that's probably only going to go badly for me."

Valkyrie stands up straight and stops rubbing her side. "Are we going to stand around here all day... or are we going to fight?" She smiles a little as she says that and gets ready for a probable curb stomping judging by how hard those kicks were but hey, it'll probably be a laugh either way... as long as she doesn't go for the face too much...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Verde had been to Hell a few times and her unconcern for the brawl happening only a few feet away was a thing won by a few hairy situations and at least one very scary experience, but that experience had been educational and now, her Aunt Scarlet's aphorism guided her in situations just like this one: "Skin's for fun, heat's for serious." With that experience had come knowledge of just what "weapon" meant in these situations and her reaction to the call was just as sudden although somewhat more subtle: one hand went to pull the improvised sleeping mask off of her eyes and then traveled to the pouch where the cartridge was buck and not ball, while the other hand smoothly pulled her rifle free of its long sheath. The time it took her to prepare, however, was enough time to realize that the situation had turned from a threat into the worst kind of education, probably delivered by someone who could make sure that the erring griffon would never forget it.

So instead of a cartridge, she slipped a screwdriver from a pouch and took a moment to free the hammer from the gun and pocket it, making sure that it could not be mistaken for a loaded weapon, and then she stood, grasping the rifle by the sling ring closest to the muzzle. She hoisted it into the classic position for attacking with the butt of the gun and stepped carefully towards the griffon as she waved a gun around (making Verde cringe a bit at the display of recklessness). "Oi, dumb cunt!" she says loudly before thrusting the butt end of the rifle forward and smashing it into Valyrkie's temple. She continues the motion downwards to that the butt impacts the floor loudly, and the gun is turned such that anyone near her can see that the hammer has been removed. "'ope no one got the business end of the weapon," she says. "Don't fret yerselves, don't want th' bottle, just want ta sit back with no trouble. Anyone know where she sat, so's I can get 'er out of the way?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:51 am

"Something a little too sinful for where we're headed. I believe they call it vodka. And you aren't that far off with the water," Percival crowed, blinking mismatched eyes at the pink stallion, "Least for flavor. Still knocks you back though. It's certainly strong. No real risk of getting something that tastes bad if you go for it, at least."
"Oh, but I think I'm ready for something a bit more substantial, if you feel interested." he pushed the bottle towards his new compatriot, an entirely untoothy grin plastered on his face as he let one hand adjust the collar of his shirt, "Would you be adverse to perhaps searching some of the other cars for such a beverage?"

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Lolk freezes as another entity attempts to engage her in conversation. 'This is certainly not what I needed right now.' As much as she'd dearly love to just ignore her assailant, she could do so with so little information. At best, she knew Hell as a whole would somehow disapprove of her not wanting to make draining small talk. At worst, that warbling cadence indicated an actual Queen and not just something that shared a trait. Better to ere on the side of caution then; she was still learning how changelings worked.
Lolk nods politely to the one identifying herself as Nil. "I am Lolk, here as a student. A pleasure to meet you." She takes another sip.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:59 am

First Class
Nil nodded, looking over Lolk's form in a strange sort of awe. "Oh. A student. How wonderful. I'm glad that the pursuit of knowledge calls to you so greatly. It's a rare thing in changelings nowadays." They sounded almost solemn about this, but they were obviously trying to remain somewhat cheerful. "So..ah...got any big plans down there? Or are you just going to university and that's it?"

The stallion chuckled at Percival, shaking his head. He seemed to be a bit more in his element now. "Please. Try the Muscaria Brandy sometime. That's sin in a bottle. Just make sure to share some with a devil first, have them drink right from the bottle. That way you can drink it safely." He most certainly got a nasty look from the dancing couple, who, at this point were going to end their dance and sit next to each other for some idle chit-chat.

As Percival pushed the bottle towards him, he would pick it up and measure out a bit in his wine glass, then down it in one gulp. "Oooharg...Yeah...that's shit..." He smiled warmly at Percival, though it didn't seem to be the alcohol. He leaned in close to whisper. "Well, I mean, the second class attendant should be at the other end of the car. We could sneak out a...drink or two from there. We just have to be a tad quiet about it. Meet you there." He got up and made a motion of dusting off his ill-fitting jacket, as it was about a size or so too large for him, then shuffled right over to the door at the end leading to second class and walked on through.

Economy Class
Valkyrie had fucked up big time. The moment she drew the pistol, the mare would break her wrist and hand with a swift grab and twist, forcing her to drop the pistol and then follow up with a powerful punch to the beak, causing a loud cracking sound to come from it. She wouldn't even have time to speak as the mare then delivered a straight jab to her solar plexus, forcing her to stumble back. However, Val would stumble backward and right into the swinging stock of Verde's rifle, knocking her clean out and to the floor.

Valkyrie's Wounds: 41

Before the crowd would cry out 'WEAPON' again, the mare extended a hand to Verde.  It was obviously a welcoming gesture, and if that wasn't enough, she actually spoke up. "Thank you, ma'am, for stepping in and helping to sort that Griffon out. I'll put in a good word with some workers down at the docks. I'm just returning from a vacation to the surface...Sadly, I've got no valid tender on me to pay you with, so you're free to strip that bitch down and take what you want."

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Lolk takes another sip of her tea, calming herself down. This was a conversation, not just a series of automated responses. She would need to get used to this, and Nil was as good a place to start as any. The changeling's query actually gave her pause. Why did she come down here? Well, no. That was the wrong question. What did she plan to do now that she had accepted that going above Hell would be a alicorn-shaped death sentence? Did she plan to regain her normal functions, or try to get used to being a mortal?
Aloud, she says "I'm not quite sure yet. I suppose I will ensure the stability of my living situation, then look at my options." Another sip of the tea. It was quite good, in all honesty. Either that, or her experience with actually tasting things was just woefully limited. "Why? Did you have any suggestions?"

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:29 pm

The stallion was followed shortly after in his escape from first class by the vampiric male, barely managing to suppress a smirk from his face. It was a wordless transition; there was no need to say farewell to the occupants of this car, none of them were particularly interested in him anyway, and those that were didn't seem to have the highest of opinions on him. This promised to be the only interesting part of the whole ride, after all. He slid through the door and into the next car smoothly, searching out his prey.
And prey was quite the apt description. After all, he had said he wanted a more flavorful beverage.
And pretty little stallions did have quite tasty blood.

View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Verde gives her a single nod and takes the proffered hand, gripping firmly and giving the hand a polite shake. "There was a gun out an' I couldn't tell if th' wanker 'ad cocked it. She didn't look at that stable either, an' was waving th' thing around like she might mean ta do somethin' with it. Coulda shot someone, maybe me, maybe him," she nods towards the 16-year-old with the whiskey bottle, "an' couldn't count on there bein' someone in reach who knew what she was about." She shrugs as she lets the mare's hand go. "'Ad ta do it, thanks ain't needed." She smiles broadly. "But th' thanks are welcome." Verde lifts her rifle off the floor and deftly turns it around, taking casual care that the muzzle remains pointed away from anyone, and slides it into its leather sheath on her back. She then takes a knee and carefully slips the loose pistol back into its holster and gingerly removes the holster belt, handling it with the cautious care of someone moving a flask of nitroglycerine. She gently turns the unconscious and bleeding Valkyrie onto her side to make sure the blood isn't flowing back into her mouth and nose... and then spies the machete. "Oy, and wot do we 'ave here...?" she murmurs, reaching in and unbuckling the machete sheath. "I do believe we 'ave one of the tools I love best in all th' world--it and th' humble crowbar--and I do believe I'll be keeping you my pretty, oh yes."

Verde stands with the holster belt clutched at its midpoint in one hand and the sheathed machete grasped in the other. "I'll just put my take away at my seat and then if you please, miss, I should like some 'elp getting 'er out of the way in a seat or somesuch so you lot can 'ave your donnybrook in peace wit' no more idiots pullin' no more weapons ta ruin th' fun." She turns and gives the kirin with the whiskey a smile and a wink. "Just keep 'old of that bottle kid, she looks like somethin' well-aged an' proper good." Then Verde turns and heads back to her seat to put her 'pay' away and returns to Valkyrie's side to get her moved out of the way. "Sorry yer vacay 'ad ta end with some fool pullin' a weapon on a good an' proper fight," she says to the mare as she returns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:55 am

First Class
"Well, some ponies and changelings just go down there and have no idea where they want to live or what they want to do in the long run. They just kind of wander and live on the streets." Nil's wings twitched a little bit, almost showing a bit of nervousness. "I suggest finding lodgings in the outer 'colonies'. They are changeling-run, though most certainly not the first place to find changelings...Not saying that we aren't allowed in polite society. We are, we're more than welcome. It's just that some ponies don't trust changelings, especially landlords. I'd even invite you to stay with me."

The other guests on the cart had settled in. The knight and the academic were sharing a rather intimate, but chaste, lovers embrace, and Nil had decided that it was time for something to snack on, levitating over a shrimp cocktail, then extending it to Lolk to see if they wanted some.

Second Class (For ponies who are boring, adventure adverse, but reasonable.)
Meanwhile, Percival would see that the second class car was very...quiet. Ponies were actually sleeping back here, and it was rather off-putting, to say the least. However, Percival would catch the attendant station door nearest to him closing, but no sign of the stallion. Whoever this stallion was, he was fast.

Past the door, Percival would see the stallion sitting on what looked to be an out-of-use food cart, waiting in a cross-legged position and leaning back a bit. "Mmm...I guess not all ponies are as fast as I am...of course, most haven't had to outmaneuver a vampire before..." He took off his glasses, setting them on the food counter next to the cart he was sitting on. "So, what's your preference?"

Economy Class
The earth pony mare nodded. "Typical addict behavior. Nothing we can't handle, but we appreciate the help, especially when guns are around. If you're ever by the docks, ask for Tam." She waited for Verde to take her fill of whatever she wanted off of Valkyrie, then crouched down and picked up the unconscious griffon with Verde's help, moving her to a clear center aisle seat.

The kirin would take a sip of the whiskey after nodding to Verde and suddenly sputter. "What the hell? It tastes like piss!" Tam would walk over and take a sip as well, a frown crossing her face. "By Luna you're right. It does taste like piss." She handed the bottle back to the kirin and turned to the crowd. "They gave us the cheap stuff again. False alarm." Everyone would let out a collective sigh and would return to their seats.

Verde has gained: [Connection: The Docks {1}] [Favors: The Docks {1}] [An Aquaintance of Tam {1}: 'Seen doing heroics with Tam']

Valkyrie is no longer unconscious but is heavily concussed.

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:02 pm

"Ooh, a vampire? That must have been quite the harrowing experience. Though, outmaneuver you say? You must be quite...skillful, to have managed that sort of thing. I've heard they're quite quick on the draw." Percival strode up to the stallion, placing his hands on the cart so he could lean in closely, "On the matter of preferences...I have many. I've been told that I favor receiving, though I've always preferred to say 'taking that which is mine'. It's much more, apt. Though, if you really want to know if you have what I'm interested in, I'm partial to B."

View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Valkyrie eyes slowly opened as she regained consciousness, her head pounding and ears ringing. Everything seemed to hurt, especially her hand and beak, and she could barely tell what was going on. She started wondering if this train always so brightly lit... and when did everyone get so loud? She could even hear them over the ringing but she couldn't quite tell what anyone was saying.

Shakily getting up out of her seat, Valkyrie started to make her way towards whatever was happening with surprising speed considering that she could barely see due to her concussion. As her eyes slowly adjusted to the light (or was she just recovering from that part of the concussion, hard to tell) she could make out the outlines of people ahead. Stumbling, Valkyrie reached out to the closest figure, who would happen to be Verde, to steady herself. Luckily the talons in her prosthetic arm were retracted as she went to grab her on the shoulder, letting out some incomprehensible babble about the lights all the while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:38 am

"Stay with you? I mean... I don't want to impose. Are you sure?" she sets aside the tea, now invested in the conversation. "I suppose it would be nice to have a place to stay the instant I stepped off the train..." Lolk accepts some of the shrimp, nodding gratefully. "Though if you'd rather not have to share lodgings, I would appreciate directions to these 'colonies' you mentioned." She glances at the couple's embrace, before returning her attention to Nil. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your occupation in Hell?"

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Verde snorts as the kirin takes a draw and declares that the stuff tastes horrid. "Of course they'd put swill in a good bottle an' send it back for the honest workin' types," she says, loudly enough that she could be heard by anyone near her. "Buncha cunts." She sighs heavily and turns to go back to her seat now that everyone was dispersing, only to suddenly be grabbed on the shoulder by someone while she was turned away. The hand felt heavy and unnatural somehow, and Verde stiffens. "Don't have objections ta friendly, but if ya don't want me ta make a noble attempt ta break somethin', yer gonna get yer hand off 'less I give you leave," she growls as she turns in place to see the injured griffon using her to steady herself. "An' wot th' hell are you doing up? Did getting beat in the head not tell ya to stay down an' sleep it off?" She grasps the hand with one of hers and then did a palm-thrust into the severely concussed Val's chest even as she pulled the hand off of her shoulder, letting what followed happen. "Now sleep it off," she commands as she turns back to her seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 am

First Class
Nil tilted their head at Lolk, seemingly inquisitive now. "Why, as a changeling, would you refuse an offer of lodging from another changeling? It's only natural for us to congregate in hives. Or are you one of those poor instinct-deprived changelings who can't stand to share lodgings with another? I've only heard rumors of them, but they sound terrifying." Nil sat for a moment, thinking on Lolk's question. "Well, one could say I'm a sort of politician. More specifically, I'm representing the colonies in Fallen Canterlot."

Second Class
"Vampires look really stupid with that super speed once you figure out they can't make ninety-degree turns. It's almost comical, really. You just need to figure out the quirks of such creatures." The stallion undid his tie and top three buttons on his shirt, leaning back somewhat as Percy leaned over him. "Well then, someone's a bit aggressive today. Was it the alcohol or the long ride~?" The stallion's eyes met Percy's, and Percy got a good look at those very pink eyes. "Now then, what's this about a B-preference? I haven't even given options yet~"

Economy Class
"Ya hear that? Giving us a bottle of swill to fight over! The nerve of them! We should teach Equestrian Railways not to fuck with us! When we get off at the station, we storm their fucking train storehouse and teach them that the working class is just as equal as those industrial middle-class brats!" Tam was already raring to go, and quite a few ponies nodded with her. She was probably going to get into trouble in about twenty minutes when the train pulled into the station, but she and around fifteen other ponies were likely to follow her plan.

Valkyrie would get nothing but menacing glares as she moved, ponies swiftly moving back to their seats. No one took a particular interest in her, leaving what they considered a 'poor, crippled addict' alone. When Verde struck her in the chest, it was like she was hit by a cannon, stumbling backward and hitting her head on the floor. Someone walking by accidentally stepped on her real hand, but paid no heed to her.

Valkyrie's Wounds: 46

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:14 am

Valkyrie gasped as the blow sent her tumbling to the floor, knocking the air out of her lungs and leaving her winded. Her hand got stepped on just as she got her breath back but her reaction was little more than a wince and a groan as the pain spiked through her. She sat up almost as soon as she'd caught her breath seeing as how Verde sounded about as coherent as she must have over the ringing of her concussion but then two things happened, one good and one bad... or also good depending how you look at it. The good news was that at the very least her vision and hearing were clearing up a little more, she could make out more than just blurred outlines but the lights still seemed very intense and she could start to hear (mostly) coherent sentences over that obnoxious ringing... something about swill and storming a train house? Maybe? The bad/maybe more good news was the laudanum high... it was wearing off and wearing off fast. Ain't drug tolerance a bitch just when you don't want it to be?

Valkyrie's eyes widened and she realised the extent of her injuries as the pain quickly became more intense. She'd been through worse pain and kept talking and walking provided she wasn't high as fuck but this still really fucking hurt. The perks of her quickly improving vision were immediately countered by the pounding headache her concussion had also bestowed upon her, along with the realisation that she couldn't really remember much aside from somehow making an ass of herself , the first kick to the head and Tam's face. She could hear her and just barely see her over the seats from where she was sitting on the floor. While it was a pretty stupid plan she figured that at least going up and slowly asking what happened between winces.

Once again she got up and started making her way towards Tam, despite being able to see the seats and other obstacles in her way much better now her movements were much slower this time. This was partly a deliberate attempt to not evoke some hostile response from anyone as she hobbled along and partly because now it hurt far too much to move or scale anything that quickly. The same went for her hands, her right arm hung limply at her side and her left gently rubbed her head, the cold steel alleviating the pain of the headache a little. Every step lead to a drawn out and rather pained groan.

Whether she managed to hobble over to Tam and almost tiredly flop over on the floor next to her or the much more likely event that the pained groans and heavy breathing of a wounded griffon got Tam's attention before then (OR if someone were to pull her away, get in her way or otherwise intercept her before then), Valkyrie's response was the same. She'd stop in yet another attempt to not come across as hostile and, with plenty of pauses for wincing, gradually stutter out a much more coherent sentence. "D-don't... remember... much..... r-r-remember... you... don't hit me... a-again... no fight right n-now..." She took a deep breath, "bright lights... r-ringing... headache... p-p-p-probably... concussion... pretty bad one too... help with that... or j-just... urrrrgh... too much... s-peaking and standing... sit now..." With that she would slump back to the nearest seat, whether or not someone was in it would decide if she would slump back onto it or on the floor next to it. Either way, she intended to speak more in a moment when she wasn't so damn exhausted from the hobbling and stuttering she'd just achieved doing. Now was the time to sit for a moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:12 pm

"Are you insinuating that such things as alcohol or sheer boredom are greater temptation than yourself? Why, that's patently ridiculous." Percy responded with no shortage of mirth, leaning in ever closer to the stallion, meeting his eyes with his own, a glint of mischief shining deep within, "Though, speed is just one thing, isn't it. I think I'd be more concerned a vampire just coming up and tell me to do as you're told. As for those options, I think I already told you that I'm a taker. So take off those pants or you won't have any when we get to the station."

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Lolk suppresses the urge to berate herself. Suspicion from the other changeling was unaffordable at that moment. "It's ... nothing, I apologize. Thank you for the offer, I would be happy to accept." Another sip of the tea. "So you're a representative? I'm honored. That sounds like a busy job for one changeling. Are there in issues to worry about? I haven't had a chance to catch up on current events..."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 am

Verde looks over at Valkyrie from where she's seated, watching with ample incredulity as the bloody fool continues to insist on getting up and trying to walk when she's clearly very, very seriously injured. Bloody idiot. Literally bloody idiot. I told the damn fool to stay down and now she's up and moving and oh dear Sola, is that hardhat with the outstanding right hook trying to stir up a donnybrook over a damn bottle? Verde sighs and leaves her rifle leaning against the window she'd been sitting next to before scooting down the row to the aisle seat and leaning out. "Oy, Tam was it? I'm all fer givin' the lot of arrogant cunts th' speaking end of a crowbar an' some cracked heads but all I need is the whole lot of the law-and-order types gettin' their mad on an' bouncin' handsome lengths of hitting off of working-class heads. Good bet the railroad types know just the arse ta kiss ta get rough types to deal with good workin'-class folks with a legitimate point." She grins a little. "Not gonna try ta stop ya, but I'd be greatly disappointed that th' first good types I meet on the ride in got their noggins broke by railroad thugs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:50 am

First Class
Nil's slight nervousness subsided, replaced with calm again as a slight smile crossed her face. "I'm one of twenty representatives. It'd be quite a point of prestige for you if you were to merely live with me." She pulled out a notebook at Lolk's question, looking through some of the subjects inside. "Well, other than the instinct-deprived, there's been supposed problems getting fuel and supplies back to the colonies for going Zeefaring, plus we need a way of dealing with the drowners..."

Second Class
"Oh please, me? I'm just the son of some podunk cherry farmer who figured out how to put letters on a page to make ponies hallucinate, surely I'm not that tempting~" The stallion was forced to lean into an even more submissive position than normal thanks to Percival, but he didn't mind for the moment. "Oh, well, a glamour is pretty easy to beat if you know it's comin-..." The stallion's pupils narrowed to the size of pinpricks almost instantly, as if this had been done to him before. He merely nodded at Percival's statement, undoing his own belt and removing his trousers to reveal that he was wearing a rather comfy looking set of pettipants underneath. He thumbed at the waist a bit, looking up at Percival as if he were seeking some sort of approval to move onward.

Economy Class
A couple ponies bumped into Val, giving her little to no attention as they passed by. Tam didn't even notice Val, ignoring her in favor of getting her fellow workers riled up. Maybe she shouldn't have thrown a laudanum bottle and waved one of her now-missing guns around. If only she had the power to go back and fix that mistake. But for now, existence was suffering, mainly because the lights were so fucking awful and hard on the eyes, especially during a concussion.

Verde, of course, would be greeted by Tam ceasing speaking and patiently listening to her. She let Verde finish speaking before responding. "I know yer concerned and all, but please. We've tussled with the Neddy Men before. I won't let us in economy class be treated like this. Besides, what good's a club against a mare who knows their way around a good set 'o fists. And I'm gonna let ya in on a secret. In Hell, they can't really kill ya. That's why I didn't snap that poor addict's neck. If you don't want trouble, i can understand ya not helping."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Canterlot Reboot   

Back to top Go down

Fallen Canterlot Reboot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next