A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

A Night In Masque Castle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: A Night In Masque Castle   Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Those lucky enough to receive an invitation to the party were even given the luxury of private, closed carriages pulled by armored guards to their destination; the armor was similar to that worn by the royal guards but instead of the dark blues and purples of Princess Luna or the gold and blue of Celestia's guard they wore a full plate outfit of snowy white armor with pink patterns along the arms and shoulder plates.

The night had fallen by the time the carriages had begun to climb the final path towards the castle; Castle Masque was a fairly new castle that no one noble owned, instead Celestia chose to rent it out for various parties and formal functions. When they finally came around the bend and got a good look they could see it truly was a much more modern beast than Canterlot Castle or any of the other royal castles, resembling more a manor than a castle in many respects.

The grounds were expansive and included a huge swimming area and a full hedge maze. The carriages pulled them right to the front door where the guards opened the doors for them to step out.

"So glad you could come." A playful voice trilled out with a thick Trottingham accent; the mare stood on the stone steps leading into the entrance hall was tiny, barely over five foot tall even with her dark pink high heels on and smiling at them with a row of sharp teeth as all thestrals possessed.

She walked forward to greet each of them in turn; her dress was strapless and left her shoulders bare, a black and pink corset was wrapped tightly around her upper body while her pink dress pillow out slightly in the wind, stopping just above her ankles. Most of her face was obscured by a large masquerade mask which featured two pegasi seemingly charging at each other on top of it which covered her upper face and a translucent pink veil worn over the lower half of her face, but her bubblegum pink mane spilled down her shoulder in an elegant plait from underneath her pink top hat, which she tipped politely to everyone as the doors opened.

((Okay guys, let everyone post at least once before you go charging on okay?))

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Nocignoil climbs out of the carriage, wrapping her long coat around her to keep out the cold winds of Canterlot's nights. Underneath the coat, she had on her costume for the night, and gown made to looking it was made from one giant scroll. She'd picked out a few epics for it, and let the dress maker do the rest.
She gives a small wave to the thestral greeting the guests, glad her black and white laughing mask hid her roving eyes.
She slips a small card to Purse Cutter as she goes inside.

Attrition steps out of her carriage slightly before it stops, impatient to get inside. The armored dress she was wearing stays close to her side as she strides up the steps to the door, nodding to the greeter. "Where is she...?" She murmurs to herself.

Unlike the other guests that arrived in the carriage with her, Lumos does not immediately head up the steps into the holding. Instead, she stands outside the doors, keeping an eye for her date for the night. Her watery dress of blue veils and silver scales swirls around her as she looks back and forth across the carriages.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loumber

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Half Moon closed the upper buttons of his jacket. When he was planning that jacket, he tried to take care that he was comfortable within it. So his wings wouldn't have too tight wit. But, somehow, it had happened anyway. He slightly tugged the jacket to make it suit himself better as the carriages trotted towards the Castle. He was one of those invited, and it seemed that only certain ponies were taking part of it. Why was that? If they were some upper class, why he was with them? Anyway, he made his best to fit right in. And, if looking simple costumes, he would fit in just fine. His black jacket with golden trimmings as well as the pants, holes on back for his wings, mached with his cobalt blue coat. On top of his head he had an tripointed dark hat with long, black feather attached to it. He smiled as he placed his leather mask, peak formed where his nose would be and white, clearly noteable stitches, on his face. He felt the carriages to stop. It's show time.

He stood down from the carriages and walked slowly, slightly looking around and admiring the castle. He didn't want to look like an tourist middle of this top class mob. He walked to directly opposite side of the stairs than this... Mare wearing armour..? Half Moon slightly dipped his head at her as/if she placed an glance to him before moving in up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:15 pm

From the next carriage to come along, a faint tune of a relatively simple melody began to play as it came close to the main steps. And once the doors opened, a 5'6" tall but fairly buff and rugged unicorn, with a white horn, white dotted limbs and muzzle, long white mane, and caramel colored fur everywhere else, stepped out with a broad grin and a ukulele in his grasp; Not exactly expert playing, but he seemed familiar enough with the instrument to not play horribly. And it would soon be very clear he had a less classy theme in mind as he walked towards Purse with a spring in his step.

A straw hat with a ring of flowers upon it, a rainbow dyed t-shirt, custom sandals for hooves, pearl armlets, and a grass-themed skirt adorned him. He seemed only interested in the costume part of the event as his face and chocolate brown eyes and white brows were quite easy to look at. And with all the casual demeanor his own choice of clothing implied, he walked along or past the others guests with light shakes and twirls, humming the tune he played till he met with Purse. He didn't pause the playing as he took a card from under his straw hat and mane and presented it to her with pink magic flowing from his horn. "Goood evening, Miss~!" He bowed and gave her the time to read the invite before moving merrily along once more, taking his sweet time to look at his surroundings. "A nice nightly swim and food in a place like this? Fine way to relax after work!" He thought with the same steady grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:46 pm

From one of the carriages in the back stepped a bigger figurine, about 8 feet tall and almost completely covered in fake bandages that were made to look old. While most of her body was covered, it would be quite obvious by the figure's assets that it was a she. there would be a few spots where she wouldn't be covered, letting the grey fur stick out, and ofcourse her head, where only a few bandages covered it, allowing her to open her mouth, smell, see and hear and rather only have a few bandages over as if to make it look she is bandaged there too.

The mummy wolfgirl would happily make her way to the manor, soon spotting a familiar unicorn and making her way up to him, aiming to spook him by suddenly grabbing his shoulders, but her surprise was soon ruined as she herself got spooked in the middle of the way as she heard something heavy landing behind her. To her pleasant surprise, it was another familiar and tall figure, a 13 feet tall obviously female dragoness, her scales being dark grey with bright grey on the belly, and she was wearing an attractive maid outfit. "H-hello!" she sheepishly announced herself as if her size wasn't enough. The dragoness attempted making her way to the manor, but had full intentions of relaxing outside, as she did not want to accidentally break something.

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Two mares arrived separately. The first mare to arrive was somewhat shorter than average, but had a full hourglass figure that filled a vibrantly blue Princess Dress (with enlarged wings) wonderfully. Her white coat was smooth and shiny and her wavy blond mane shone bright but soft and smooth with no frizz or split ends. She wore a necklace full of diamonds, dangling diamond earrings, and a golden tiara decorated with large diamonds, the center diamond pale yellow and cut in the shape of a four-point star.

Her pale blue high heels tapped delicately against the concrete as she walked straight up to and into the house, giving Purse a very brief nod of acknowledgement. Egh, batponies. Ugly things. Oh well, hopefully she wouldn’t find herself having to interact with too many of them.

The second mare stepped carefully out of the carriage, thanking the guards who’d pulled it. She was a tall mare, almost as tall as Princess Luna, but she was almost completely concealed in a battered, dark purple cloak, and in her right hand she held a plastic scythe; she was dressed as the Grim Reaper. A faintly-glowing phoenix sat on her shoulder, comfortable but alert as she looked at and around the castle. This pairing could be seen as highly ironic or highly symbolic.

As Nox approached the front doors, after glancing longingly at the swimming pool, she approached Purse and whispered, “I’d like to discuss how you snuck a ticket into my pocket without my notice.” It wasn’t hostile, she was clearly just curious. Then she went inside.

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 am

"Oh, calm down, Sweet. You look lovely in your dress~" Purred a very much beautiful Sphinx, her feline features, thin, lithe, yet quite fit and slightly muscular form, and tan fur accentuated nicely by her Ponyptian-style white dress, complete with plenty of solid gold jewelry, armbands, necklace, even a circlet. Her wings shuffled softly as she stepped out of the carriage, flashing a warm smile to the guards who pulled it along, and gently helping another mare out of the carriage.

"Poppy...you know I'm not good in public places..." The mare squeaked out as she was lightly tugged along, a blush on her snowy fur, her leathery wings fluttering lightly as she adjusted her dress. It truly did make the young mare look lovely. Shades of Navy, Sky, and Icy blues accented with glittering silver trim, and a small circlet with a large, very dark sapphire right at her forehead. But the shy Thestral just slid her Icy blue eyes around slowly, blushing still and grumbling. "Hullo." She mumbled shyly to Purse.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:33 am

The ride was alright, even though his own staff were preferable. He hoped someone would ask about his costume as he dismounted. He was most pleased with it, and would enlighten anypony who inquired about one of his favourite heroes.It was amusing to put thought into a costume, though it was only fitting The Chosen One came as he did. He was a champion of light, one he read had cast out great darkness. Blue wore thin armour, shining its impressive silver tone. It was a little thinner and more comfortable than was perhaps genuine of the heroine he modelled himself after, but Blue did not wish to discard the armor, at least until he'd broken away from the party for reasons that were rather certain.

He did not dwarf anyone but would have trouble being dwarfed himself. His normally lovely mane was hidden beneath a wig of long blonde that came down in waves. He would never ruin his hair with dye. By his side, a sword rested in its scabbard. Even without drawing the sword it could be seen as special. The had a winged design, ones pure, white and divine as would be found on an angel. He was content with the feeling of divine protection it gave him in his mind. He was also content to wait for their eager host to start things properly. During his wait, his hand began to idly play with his fake hair, curling it around a finger, a terribly effeminate habit he swore he eliminated when he was a child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:47 am

A mare relaxes in a seat of a carriage she's sharing with a few other ponies, neither engaging in conversation nor even showing her face underneath a very broad-brimmed scarlet red hat which she kept tilted downwards. Her clothes strongly suggest some kind of nobility, what with the long red robes matching the hat, expensive trousers and lacy white shirt, fine strong boots, and fashionable white gloves on her hands. The only things about her that hint at her being much more than she appears is a battered-looking wrought-iron lantern that she never permits to stray more than an inch or so from a hand, and a misicord hanging around her neck like a necklace, the handle and blade creating a cross for anyone who's paying attention. Beneath her hat, she's wearing a white mask that conceals everything but her eyes and general facial structure. The mask is of an owl and fits perfectly over her face, as if it was crafted specifically for her.

"Judge Dray, we've arrived at the mansion." The costumed mare looked away from the window she was watching the world through and across the carriage at the silver-coated silver-maned mare wearing a peaceful expression at odds with the costume she'd chosen. Silver Rose was dressed as the classic "sexy nurse" in a white asshugging miniskirt, high heels, a long white coat that (based on the professional stitching on the breast pocket) is clearly hers, and a button-up blouse parted in such a way as to strongly emphasize the first swell of her breasts and tight enough to show the faint bump of nipples.
Lunara smiles at her from behind the mask. "Lunara, Doctor Rose," she says in a cultured Trottingham accent. "I'm not 'Judge Dray' unless I'm wearing the robes of Judge Dray and carrying my gavel. Judge Dray is my profession, and I cannot be comfortable being called by my title when I'm not honoring it in the proper uniform."
"My mistake." Silver smiles right back as she reaches down and pushes the lever knob down, opening the door nearest Lunara. "After you, Your Honor?"
Lunara sighs but before she can say anything, the green-coated mare sitting beside Silver gives her a light poke in the ribs.

"I know you're being nice, sister," Viridian says, adjusting the thick-rimmed 'glasses' she's wearing, "but the judge just wants to be a mare tonight. I imagine she prefers that you call her 'Lunara' in casual company."
"I do, thank you Professor Rain."
Viridian fixes her with a look that is somehow not silly-looking despite her mane being put up in a sharp student cut, makeup applied to make her face look pimply, and wearing an old school uniform from her days at Trotsford University that she somehow stiff fit into despite many years since attending. "Unlike yourself and my sister, Lunara, I would prefer to be called by my title by any except family and dear friends. I am Doctor Rain, PHD in Theoretical and Applied Magitechnology. If you will address me by a title, it will be the correct one."
She promptly opens her own door and leaves the carriage, her actions having a prim firmness to them as she joins the rest of the crowd going into the event without looking back. Silver giggles a little and gestures to Lunara. "After you?"
"Thank you." Lunara smiles to her and sweeps gracefully out of the carriage, flanked by Silver. The two reach Viridian about the same time but neither really pays attention to the blatently nerdy-looking unicorn. Both clearly have eyes for the small mare in corset and dress and while Lunara's mask covers her broad smile, Silver's is easy to see.
"Hi Purse!" She exclaims happily. "This looks like one hell of a party. Can you be partly blamed for that?"
"Purse Cutter." Lunara stops in such a position that she can sort of loom over Purse, looking down at her through the owl mask and although her smile can't be seen, it seems to radiate from her covered face. "A pleasure to meet Tea Leaf's daughter at last, for more reasons than just because the respect I have for him." She chuckles and playfully waggles a finger at her. "You have been an evasive little thing and you ought be ashamed of yourself."
"And why would that be?" Viridian asks as she joins the pair at being greeted by Purse. "Hello Purse Cutter."
"I think you don't need to know that, Doctor Rain," Lunara says mildly.
"I need to know everything there is to know, Lunara, and especially why my..." She pauses to consider what Purse is to her. "..indirect niece via mutual adoption thrice removed ought to be ashamed of herself." She pauses. "Which you should know is something of a futile admonishment."
"I know," Lunara says, looking at Purse fondly. "But, there are others to greet and fun to be had." She steps back away from Purse and sweeps her hat off her head and tucks it into her arm as she bows deeply, and with a considerable touch of sincerity in the respectful gesture, to Purse before gracefully putting the hat back on and heading into the party.
Viridian follows, giving Purse a little smile, and then Silver does right after giving the little thestral a quick hug and a pat on the head. "Be good, Purse," she says with another giggle, quite clearly advertising the fact that she knows that Purse will do nothing of the sort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pyroman33

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 am

near the end of thier ride to the party, cryo was looking out trough one of the window ports of the carriage to look around, a while earlier both he and his human companion rested/slept infor a possibly long time att the party, wanting to have the energy to go trough it, though both arent exactly party people it was atleast a chance for them to open themselfs upp a bit.

When they arived, the unicorn was first to disembark the carriage, not being the one to use a costume, he was attleast clothed properly for the occation as he nodded to purse as he walked by her heading to the castle, pyro then dissembarked aswell but with a show of display as he jumped out, fliped in the air before landing on his feet, not waring any costume att all he though as he was prety much the only human here he though that he would just go as himself to the party though he was a bit less formaly clothed than his companion cryo, he then bowed to purse aswell before he caught upp with cryo who was waiting on him att the entrance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:54 am

Purse Cutter smiled and stepped forward to greet the guests, practically skipping down the stone steps even though she wore high heels that seemed to not impede her in any way. She waved to everyone as they came and first accepted Nocignoil's card though for now she tucked it into her corset for later, wishing silently that her dress came with pockets.

"I'm sorry, are you looking for someone?" Purse asked politely to Attrition as she heard her murmuring, giving a smile and a wave to Half Moon as he passed. "Love the mask." She complimented him as he passed. She was quickly distracted from helping Attrition though as a unicorn came up the steps towards her with an... interesting choice of clothes admittedly.

"Sugary Market I assume?" She asked, not giving an explanation for how she knew that; he was rather unmistakable from how her dad had talked about him and while he didn't know her yet she was sure in a moment she'd know who she was. "Right through here sir, have a lovely evening." She said with a smile.

Purse Cutter waved to Tabi but her unasked question about the over large carriage was answered as Shanny emerged, forcing Purse to look completely up at her, her top hat somehow staying on despite now being at a tilted angle. "Ladies, so glad you could make it. If you like miss, there's a larger set of double doors around the back that will take you right into the ballroom." She suggested to Shanny; this wasn't her castle and unlike her own house the front door hadn't been made with dragons in mind.

The next unicorn Purse was sure to smile simperingly at. "How lovely to see you." She cooed to the mare she didn't even know; she didn't know this mare, not even by appearance, but Purse had a knack for knowing when she was disliked and this mare, for whatever reason, was trying and failing to hide a disgust with her.

She turned to the one in the cloak and grinned at her question. "I thought Death could see everything? Then again, never thought Death would be so pretty either." She simply winked and didn't answer her question, turning back to welcome more guests into the castle.

The next two she greeted with a smile, hearing one of them having doubts. "Your friend is right, you look lovely." She assured Sweet sincerely as she took their invitations, giving the mare a reassuring smile through her veil.

When she next turned around Purse's cheeks bulged with suppressed laughter at Blue's outfit and while she managed to accept his invitation with a straight face and direct him in she immediately had to duck behind Attrition to let out her fit of giggles as soon as he was out of ear shot. When she finally resurfaced she had to rely on Attrition's shoulder for support as she got her breath back; that corset made Purse's busty chest fairly obvious but it also didn't seem ideal for breathing.

"Silver! Viridian!" Purse forwent handshakes and polite nods and simply pulled the two of them into a surprisingly strong hug, then pulled back and noticed their costumes. "...huh." Was her only response once she had blinked her odd coloured eyes several times to make sure she wasn't suffering from hallucinations after laughing all the air out of her lungs.

Purse turned to face Lunara when she spoke as if she hadn't noticed her until then. To her credit the tiny thestral showed no signs of fear when being loomed over and even folded her arms and raised an eyebrow (until she realised Lunara couldn't see it behind her mask) when the judge seemed to get a little close to her identity.

"Think you might've missed a once removed somewhere." Purse said with barely restrained laughter when Viridian tried to figure out exactly how/if the two of them were related. "Anyways, please enjoy your evening." She said with a bow to Lunara that was just a little too low and long to be serious.

"Hey, when am I not good?" She called to Silver. "Don't answer that!" She added in another shout as she waved politely to Cryo and Pyro and took their invitations from them.

Inside more guards were waiting to take the coats and jackets of anyone who didn't feel like keeping them on. The hallway was long and made of polished hardwood with several portraits lining the walls along to a large set of double doors leading into the ballroom, the portraits depicting several ponies who presumably were previous owners.

The ballroom was the size of a small park and the ceiling was so tall that Shanny could've done a high jump and not hit it even if she was trying; tables were weighed down with all manner of food, from exotic meals to simple snacks, and drinks from fruit juice to some highly expensive wines.

A large dance floor was cleared in the middle of the room and past that was a small platform on which a stallion was stood, dressed in an immaculate midnight blue suit with a long matching cape and a wide brimmed hat; he was leaning slightly on a black and gold cane and holding a silver goblet which he raised as the crowd entered as a greeting.

"Don't worry, I won't bore you with a speech." He promised with a chuckle as the crowd entered. "I am only here to welcome you all to Masque Castle and wish you a wonderful evening; you have the full run of the castle to use as you wish, as long as that doesn't involve demolishing it of course." He added with a chuckle. "If any of you have any need for more... private quarters, the keys to the bedrooms upstairs are over here."

He pointed towards the back of the room where a large shelf of hooks had brass keys dangling from it. A gruff looking grey thestral with a purple mane stood next to it, with several artistically done scars and cuts along her and deliberately ragged clothes giving her the appearance of a zombie.

Loumber

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Half Moon smiled inside his mask as Purse greeted him. He was not familiar with any of these ponies, the host nor those who took part. He stepped inside throught the doors, giving the room in front of him a good look. He had never seen anything like this before!

He politly refused as one of the guards offered to take his jacket. It was part of his costume... Besides, he had nothing under it... He slowly walked down the long hallway, stopping to eye the statues of... Owners of this castle? Slowly he walked inside the hall and had to stop... This castle, how huge it was! The ceiling, enough for him to practice cardio simply just flying up and down and side to side this single room! But, he had to focus. He moved to the tables, full of all kinds of sweets. It was time for those, but not yet he had to remind himself. The smell, look of them... And the taste had to be just perfect. So much that he had never even seen before! He moved to the drinks, eyeing them as well. Juices, wines, something even stronger and so, so many brands he had never seen. But, deciding to go for sure, he poured an familiar Applehill Wine to glass, and moved forward to hear that stallion to speak. He listened carefully but... What he was meaning with 'private space'? These weren't party like that... Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:05 pm

"I think your almost-adopted almost-niece a few hundred times removed doesn't care much for me, Doctor Rain," Lunara remarks with a smirk in Viridian's direction.
"Looming over a smaller pony and skirting along the edges of her nom de plume is Cheap Thug Intimidation 101, Lunara," Viridian replies with a touch of sharpness in her tone. "She knew it and for reasons you're well aware of, couldn't care less."
Lunara shrugs, handing her long coat to the offering guard, revealing that under the long coat, she wears a thick, braided, leather belt that is quite clearly expensive and not merely a costume piece. On one of her hips is a shillelagh with the drab brown and waxy shinyness of plastic, clearly a harmless prop, and on the other is a blackened iron lantern that looks old and battered and based on how it swings on her hip, is very real. She pauses for Tea Leaf's greeting speech to the gathering before actually answering Viridian. "It's literally an unconscious action at this point, Doctor," she says. "I can't accurately count the number of times that projecting a frightening physical presence has subdued bad people that a sound beating would barely make an impression on. You cannot break that line, or those who are gathered to it."
She looks upwards at Tea Leaf, handsome and well-dressed, and leaning on a cane. "They are unbreakable," she continues a moment later, her voice slightly unsteady, "but they can be battered and that is always a deeply sad thing. Good ponies don't deserve to be battered, Doctor Rain, and when they are I should like to see the batterer broken."
Both sisters stop and look at her. "Are you alright, Lunara?" Silver asks with genuine concern.
"I am," she says, although she doesn't quite sound like she is. "Wounds heal, but the scars can hurt quite terribly if brushed too hard. It's best, in the end, that I had no part in what happened; I would have done terrible things for which I couldn't forgive myself afterwards. Distance helps; the crime is always in the past and justice is merely strolling up to collect its due. My sister is better in that way: she is composed in the moment of injustice no matter how she brags, boasts, and blathers."
The sisters looked at each other and then at Lunara. "How exactly do you know?"
"I am an inquisitor, Silver Rose," Lunara says, her voice becoming more steady. "I inquire; it's what I was born to do. Whether I'm in my robes on the bench, or walking about to wrap the iron grasp of justice around the throat of one who escaped it, or in fancy clothes at a party, I am an inquisitor and I inquire. I live to know what is true, just as you live to save life and heal wounds, and your sister lives to learn, or your niece lives to create, or your sister to forge and to protect. And what is true is that the ends of justice can be achieved by unlawful means, and this is why the law is below justice."

"Your enlightened view of the subject is appreciated, Judge Dray," Viridian says. "Now, I think I've just spotted a rather sweet treat that I'd like to go meet. Be good, little sister." And with that, she makes a beeline for where the keys are hanging, and the purple-maned 'zombie' keeping them company. She grins as she approaches Razor. "So, what'd Tea have to do to make you sit here watching keys instead of partying?" she asks cheerfully.

Silver watches Viridian go and then looks at Lunara with a wicked grin. "Be good? In this crowd?" She nods in the direction of Lumos. "With that mare on the prowl?"
Lunara follows her gaze and blinks, looking Lumos over. "She looks attractive, to be certain, but what's so unusual about her?"
"You're the inquisitor," Silver says with a giggle. "Inquire."
Lunara shrugs and takes the lamp off her belt and holds it up, looking at Lumos through it. "Oh. Well, that's an... interesting development."
"Interesting." Silver giggles. "Yes, very interesting. Lots of fun, especially if her psychopathic sadomasochist friend is around."
Lunara puts the lantern back. "Tub of water, good times?"
Silver blinks. "Um... yes. How'd you...?"
"Only place that makes sense to mix sadomasochism with kelpie for fond memories." Lunara smiles and pats her shoulder. "Enjoy yourself, Silver Rose; I have a good stallion to raise a glass with."
With Silver's odd expression following her, Lunara makes her way through the crowd to the table with fine wines and glasses, selects a vintage that she knows by name, and carries a glass and the bottle up to the platform upon which Tea Leaf is standing.
"I doubt that demolition is in the cards," she says to him as she approaches. "But would you accept a glass of wine with an admirer?"

Silver glances after the thoroughly odd Lunara, shrugs, and puts on a happy smile as she makes a beeline for Lumos. "Looking for someone?" she very nearly purrs to the kelpie as she gets within hearing range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Lumos instantly brightens as she spots Silver, rushing her to hug her. "Silver! Good to see you, how have you been? I was hoping I'd catch you before things got underway." On closer examination, her 'watery' dress is in fact actual water, with a few minor glamors thrown over to keep most of the stares away,

Attrition nods to Purse Cutter. "I am, actually. Do you know a mare by the name of Razor Back?" she shifts from side to side, jittery for whatever reason. "I was to meet her here, but..." she gestures. ".. Plans were not decided on. I don't know her costume."

Nocignoil hums a small tune to herself as she sits through the speech, quickly moving to a less occupied corner. Now it was time for her to wait. She pulls a small sheet of paper from a fold in her dress, and begins writing on it.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Stetson sighs as her carriage comes up to the castle. She was late and she knew it, maybe not that late but late either way. All because of some stupid costume.

The costume in question was essentially a giant bowler hat with holes for her limbs and head but due to her small size (barely an inch taller than Purse at the most, maybe less) her arms and legs barely stuck out. This meant that it took ages for her to awkwardly waddle out of her house and onto the carriage and don't even ask about how awkward it was to open and close the doors on the way. Luckily she was wearing a back up outfit underneath it in case the costume continued to be so bothersome. She really loves hats but even for her this had proven to be a bit much.

She takes a deep breath as the carriage comes to a stop. "Well I'm here now. Just try to have a good time and maybe tell some ponies about the shop while I'm at it." She says to herself as she opens the door and steps out the carriage... or she would have done that if she didn't trip on her own costume and fall over, retreating into the giant hat like a frightened tortoise as it started rolling along in the direction of the castle's entrance and only stopping after hitting the steps and rolling back a little, stopping in on its side front of Purse.

Stetson pokes her head out and looks at Purse. "H-hi, I'm here for the party... could you maybe help me a bit?" The unicorn says shyly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:37 pm

Sugary's ears perk up and turns right back out to face Purse briefly, then over to the stallion with a cane inside, and then back at her again, regarding her much more intently than simply admiring a beautiful thestral. "... Oh~? So you are Tea's Cloak *wink*, Miss Cutter? That would explain how I got an invitation in the middle of Appleloosan dry land... Nice hat by the way! And thank you." He bowed again and merrily moved about, speaking softly about 'Like father like daughter... Heh...'

And while he wanted to give his best regards to Tea, he at least took his words to heart for the time being, and focused more instead on greeting a few familiar faces as he approached Tabithi and Shanny when they arrived instead. "Tabi! Shanny! Hello! And nice costumes... You here to stuff your mouths like I am?" He chuckled, clearly eager to get in and start chowing down too. While others passed by still, he strummed his ukulele and hummed. Some gave him weird vibes, and some had strong auras, but he felt no real threats around him. Then again, he was talking to a much taller duo of a wolf and a dragon, so he probably had higher standards for what to consider as dangerous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Arriving a little time after the others, a dark blue pegasus stallion stepped out of his carriage and straightened his attire. Any who knew this pony would realise that yes, his day to day wear and his formal wear were pretty much exactly the same. The white shirt and blue waistcoat, the smart black trousers and jacket, the blue bow-tie and of course, his top hat with the four of clubs tucked neatly into the red band of the head-wear. Not only that, he also carried a silver topped black cane with him, though it wasn't to help him walk, it was purely for fashion reasons.

Looking around the entrance with a smile, he noticed many interesting ponies in many interesting outfits being greeted and a few entering the castle itself, and so he made his way over to the rather busty and small thestral mare. Wild did, however, stop just as a comically sized bowler hat rolled towards the thestral, and he tried very hard not to chuckle at the absurdity of the sight. "That's certainly one way to make an entrance." Wild said cheerfully as he neared Purse and Stetson, taking out his invitation and showing it to Purse. "Though I'd like to know how you managed to sneak this onto my person without me knowing..." He said sternly, though there was some hint that he was impressed by the feat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:52 pm

Purse Cutter casually and gracefully accepted Wild's invitation and sidestepped around the rolling bowler had to avoid being crushed in one motion, turning the simple act of sidestepping practically into a waltz as she swished back to where she had originally stood to hand Wild Card back his invitation once she had checked it was legitimate.

"Oh, you're looking for auntie Razor. She's in the ballroom, just look for the mare covered in blood and ragged clothes... and I'll just be thankful they're fake for once." She added, realising how strange that must sound to someone not familiar with the family. "Oh and don't tap her on the shoulder or anything, she's been a bit twitchy for a while now." She turned back to Wild, neglecting to add 'since I became Hoodwink' to that sentence.

"Well, sir, it looks to me like I delivered it and you put it in your pocket." Purse said in a voice of mockingly over the top innocence as she bent down to help Stetson up, pulling her rather roughly up the last few steps until they were on the flat ground of the porch where she could help her up properly. "Would you like directions sir?" She asked Wild Card again in that fake innocent tone that surely she knew wasn't fooling anyone.

Tea Leaf gave a smile when he recognised Lunara and raised his own silver goblet as if in a toast. "Funny, I never thought I'd count members of the law enforcement as some of my many admirers." He chuckled, using his cane to help himself step down from the platform and walk towards one of the tables around the room with her. "Then again I never quite expected to be hosting parties instead of robbing the host blind either." He added with a cheerful smile but there was a slight note of longing in the voice.

"Not enough." Razor answered Viridian with a definite grumble in her voice. "Bronze was meant to be the one sitting out the partying but she's running late on some errand for the princesses, so I get to stand here and play hat girl while everyone else is getting rightfully smashed." She complained, thumping her head back lightly against the wall; Razor's face still had a few nicks and cuts from her adventures with Hoodwink but with those times over she was seeming a little less battered everytime Viridian saw her.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Purse was surprisingly quiet in greeting Blue, not like he saw not as a problem. A living legend taking the appearance of a deceased one must have been enough to stun into silence. He found himself enjoying the full mane more than he should. The hand he had idly playing with his hair tightened, a lock trapped between two fingers. They relaxed when he realised what he was doing.

It was ahead of him going in that Blue noticed the kind of costume he wanted to see more of. This mare had chosen a contemplative form of costume, and it clashed with his own. The justice of light and the darkness of death. The hero and great lover of stories inside of him ate the idea up, becoming enamoured with such a notion. He had come for different kinds of amusement than conversation, but this mare offered the opportunity he would not pass up. It was natural for a stallion to approach a mare at a party, even though he did not hold much appearance of being a stallion at present. Blue approached from behind, walking up to the mare's side a few paces away. Some might have been nervous, but victory was only ever a formality for The Chosen One, and that was without the heroic spirit of the mare he was doing honors to tonight.

“Good evening, miss.” His faced switched to one of faint worry.  “Please do tell me it is not my time just yet, I have much more to live for. A nice party for one, nopony is ever above such things.” Blue as always, spoke with greater ease than he breathed. “I especially like the phoenix. I have not seen one ever use as an accessory. Does it suggest we reincarnate?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:20 pm

"Hiya!" Tabi said to both Sugary and Purse. She then turned towards the stallion and smiled. "Stuff my mouth? Probably. Most likely. Mostly to enjoy myself, like the rest probably are." the wolfgirl said and winked at Sugary. "I'll go get myself a drink first, the ride made me quite thirsty for some reason." she said and walked past and inside the building, heading to the table with drinks and grabbing a glass of wine before heading back out and sitting down close to Market.

Shanny shook her head at Purse. "T-thanks, but I think I'll be outside for a bit first. Thanks for the offer anyway." She sheepishly said before looking at who called her name. It took her some short time for her to recognize Sugary. "Oh, hi! And hello, Miss Tabi. Long time no see." She said and smiled, Tabi giggling and nodding in response. "Well, as I said, I'll be by the pool for now, familiarize myself with the place before I proceed." The dragoness said and began heading for the pool, looking at other visitors, though not engaging in conversations.

"Has she always been like that?" Tabi asks Sugary before sipping her wine, being careful that none of it spills over her fake bandages. "I mean, she seems pretty damn shy for a dragon. Kinda unusual, at least to me." She says and shrugs before leaning back.

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Stetson sticks her arms and legs out of the costume as Purse helps her up, nodding appreciatively at her before waddling off into the castle.

She stops in front of the guards taking jackets. "Hi, you wouldn't happen to be willing to take this, would you? Turns out it's more than a little too bulky for me." She gestures at her massive hat costume and smiles awkwardly at them. Before they're able to answer she flops onto her side before wriggling out of it; revealing that she is wearing some pretty generic flat dress shoes (you'd have to be mad to wear heels with that costume), black stockings & what appears to be a light grey dress with black polka dots but upon closer inspection it turns out that they're actually yet more bowler hats. "Three guesses what theme I'm I'm going for." She says with a giggle and a slight blush on her face as she silently hopes no one saw up her dress as she did that.

Stetson rolls the massive hat over to the guards and stretches. "There, it's all yours, boys." She winks at them before turning and heading down the hall to the ballroom. "Heh, plan B is so much better!" She thinks as she steps into the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 am

Starlight gave a satisfied smile in response to Purse. Of course it was lovely to see her: she owned the Gold Banks chain. She was worth a fortune, and therefore it was lovely to get on her good side. And besides that, she made for a stunning Princess.

She thought the castle itself was rather underwhelming. Yes, it made a good mansion, but it was… a mini-castle at best. Oh well, at least it would still be enjoyable if she pretended it was supposed to be a mansion.

Then she saw the buffet. Now that was impressive, despite the lower class food they’d included. But she supposed it helped they offered such things anyway: she’d have to stay away from the wine, being a minor and all. Egh. She was only two years too young! That really was an irritating, bullshit law. Oh, whatever, she had wine at home. Her wine was probably better anyway…

For the most part she ignored the stallion dressed as… Robin Hood? No, that couldn’t be right, Robin Hood wore red. Or was it green? And wasn’t Robin Hood a griffon? Whatever, it wasn’t important. She was focused on food right now, and there was an impressive selection to choose from that included foods that even she couldn’t have whenever she wanted.

But then her ears perked up at the phrase “private quarters”...

“...the keys to the bedrooms upstairs are over there.”

Oooooh! They could get frisky at this party! Starlight smiled wide and her eyes abandoned the banquet and started scanning the room for a suitable one-night partner.

Nox raised an amused eyebrow at her “seeing everything” comment, but then her eyes went wide and her face turned red at Purse’s compliment. Not knowing how to respond, Nox quickly walked inside, simply shaking her head “no” if the guards offered to take her cloak.

While she was in the hall, she stared all around, marvelling at the polished wood and the portraits of the mansion’s castle’s previous owners. When she got into the ballroom, her mouth actually hung open at the beauty and sheer size of the place! Her hood fell from her head when she craned her neck to see the ceiling, revealing a very curly raven-black mane and striking violet eyes.

She pulled her hood back up when she was done. There was more to see, surely, than the ceiling, as beautiful as it- FOOD!

Nox resisted the immediate urge to sprint to the buffet tables; instead, she walked, like a civilized and elegant pony. Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh! SO MUCH! SO MANY CHOICES! She can’t fit it all in her stomach, how was she going to choose?! Maybe she could take leftovers? Or wasn’t that rude at a formal party? Oh no, what was she going to do?!

Okay, Nox, calm. she told herself. You have all night to eat. Nice and slow. Savor it. Especially the chocolate. And the eclairs. And… ohhhhhhh all those desserts. This was going to end in remorseless stomach aches, she just knew it. She didn’t even hear Tea Leaf talk about the spare rooms.

Nox turned around, snapped out of her food obsessions by a stranger suddenly addressing her. She chuckled at first. “No, it is not your time, little pony.” she said, turning around to face him. “Even Death needs a vacation sometimes-”

Nox went dead silent, resisting the urge to gag on the words that had frozen in her throat. This pony… his costume… why? She regained her composure quickly. “Pyra is my companion, not an accessory. Surely you saw her moving?” she said after Pyra had squawked in indignation. This pony had probably thought Pyra was a stuffed phoenix or something. “But yes, I do believe in reincarnation.”

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:32 am

Sugary remained by the main entrance for now as Tabi went in to keep observing for who else came in, far too entertained by the shenanigans upon entrance alone to explore more just yet. He waved Shanny farewell for now and kept playing a bit. There were many interesting characters to watch out for, but his attention soon went at Stetson's and her giant hat rolling away. He couldn't help but laugh and sing a light tune with improvised rough notes. "Oooooooooooooh~ Watch out for the hat, beware the hat, don't let it knock you all down~!" If only in case they didn't already notice, a silly minstrel's tune might help.

He kept lightly strumming and shaking his hips until Tabi came along. He stopped playing and fine-tuned the Ukulele as he spoke with a light blush and closed eyes. "... She may be shy, but she can be stubborn enough to be considered stoic when it comes to her and her goals... And she might surprise you. She can be really straightforward about what she wants when she really feels up to it... After all, she approached me for intimacy just like you did." He opened his eyes, leaned down to Tabi, and gave her a smooch on the edge of her lips. "And do you plan to stay out here? The guests are fun to watch coming in, but I do want to wander about myself; See what else this place has to offer. Not to mention I'd like to greet a few others I haven't seen in some time." They could always meet later, but he seemed to be in no hurry to leave her side. Tabi only needed but to ask for him to stay or go with him if she so pleased.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:43 am

"Well, caught me you have." Silver leans in and unashamedly kisses the kelpie right on the lips. "I've been pretty good. Passed my board exams, am a real-life doctor now, taking pride in watching Verde and Astra grow up and be accomplished, taking pride in being sister to two really great mares." She lightly presses in, molding her body to Lumos'. "I like the outfit. It flows well, and leaves absolutely nothing to doubt. Have you seen much of Auftrag since that lovely party at Blood Moon's?"

"The world needs a Hoodwink, Tea Leaf," Lunara says as she walks alongside Tea Leaf. "No one knew it until the first Hoodwink but after that, Hoodwink became a vital part of the world." As they reach the table, she slips the mask from her face and hangs it on a tiny carribiner on her belt, and Tea Leaf would be able to clearly see the shiny trails of tears on her cheek. "I must admit that it's... hard to see you walking with a cane. It would have happened eventually--everyone ages--but to see you taking such care after you've flown so high is... well, it's a hard thing to see the mantle forced to pass to another pony instead of being passed by your own wishes at a time of your choosing." She sips her wine. "You even served the ends of justice by being injured unjustly; for a brief moment, certain wealthy and unscrupulous imagined that all their ill-gotten gains were safe, because there was no longer a gentleman thief to carry things away from them that they never had a right to have in the first place. Many arrogant thieves in finery stumbled into the power of the law, and lost far more than they would have had their lucre been confiscated for the good of the poor. Still others have found their bulging purses cut and I simply have no idea how such a terrible, terrible thing could have happened to the poor dears." She chuckles and takes another sip. "You have much to be proud of, Tea Leaf. Retirement in the lap of luxury is richly deserved."

Viridian smiled at her lover and quickly absconded with a chair, which she placed beside Razor's. "I'd be glad to help you pass the time, if you don't mind us lounging about like a pair of old mares and chattering on about..." She pauses. "Well, I have no idea what to chatter on about. Silver and Verde are dozens of times better at talking forever about nothing special than I am." She reaches out and gives Razor a light hug. "How've things been since the band broke up?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:01 am

((Dropping out the other two for now, just Lumos until Purse gets bored.))

Lumos cheerfully kisses her back, happy to see the Silver again. "Oh-ho~! A Doctor now, are we? I knew you could do it! You showed more than enough prowess at the party~" she hugs Silver, squeezing herself against the Doctor-mare. "I am afraid I have not. He's been strangely absent."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night In Masque Castle   

Back to top Go down

A Night In Masque Castle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next