OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Academia

Go down 
+3
Lorthalis of Crows
Xereth
The_Pariah
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:58 am

Again, the group was left in relative peace as the holo-clock on the wall ticked away the hours. The mare would occasionally start to stir, but she always drifted back into a fitful sleep. Shatter would check in on occasion, but as long as the mare slept, he merely smiled, greeted the group, before apologising for disturbing them and vanishing through the door again.

As the sun started to dip below the horizon, there was a sickening crack as the mare's aura regenerated, and her leg snapped back into place, the bone mending quickly. She grimaced, and her eyes snapped open. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck," she groaned, pulling herself up and looking around quietly, rubbing her head. "That bastard hit me much harder than I thought... Perhaps I shouldn't have attacked a pack of ursas..." she mumbled, before looking at Xereth. "Thank you for carrying me... I suppose I was quite the lump?"
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Aerv was laying stretched out on his bed, his tail and legs hanging off as the bed seemed a bit small for his size. He was just reading a book when he heard the mare waking up with a crack as her injuries were fixed. He looked at Sena after the question before looking back at the mare. "You're giving credit to the wrong guy here. Sena was the one who carried you here." He answered and pointed at Sena before laying back on bed and right after sitting back up, hitting his head against the top bed. "Ow... wait, what do you mean 'attack a pack of ursas'... what were you doing attacking ursas when you were supposed to be at the opening ceremony?" He asked, rubbing his head.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 3:49 am

Mind Blaze had, for good or ill, was a very light sleeper. As such, she stirs immediately when the strange mare awakens, albeit with some muffled complaints. She was a little cranky at this, but was managing to hide it behind the thick curtain of hair. She grumbles, rising to her feet and walking over.
"So! The Ursa tamer awakens! ... what is your name, by the way?" She asks, walking over. The shoulder strap for her away bag is still looped around her ankle, making an annoying scrapping sound as she walks across the room.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:10 pm

When Sena got her gun back in hand, she made her way over towards one of the desks where she placed the large weapon on the surface despite the creaks and groans the wood made. Pyke's question made her turn her head back over to him and even got her to shift her head slightly in confusion. "It's uh.. okay, though you're right. I'm not really sure what all someone's aura can do. Could you explain it?"

Whether or not Pyke went on to explain about aura's, Sena began to examine her weapon and slowly begin to disassemble the complex piece. When the mare stirred and Sena her her name used, she looked back and up from her work long enough to wave towards the new arrival before leaning over towards Pyke and quietly asking, "so that big thing from before was an ursa?"
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 3:17 pm

"Well you see..." Pykewright began, seguing into a rather strange speech about what Aura did, using a number of strange terms that would be utterly alien to the people in the room who had actually been taught this this stuff, and likely confusing not only Sena but anyone else foolish enough to listen in to his words. Any questions or implications of not understanding what was being said would simply lead to Pyke happily explaining even more.

The strange mare awakening actually managed to end Pyke's long-winded 'explanation'. Finally. At Sena's little whisper however, he returned the courtesy with a few soft words of his own, "I believe that's what they call it, though I'm partial to 'wickerbicker'."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 2:55 am

Summer blinked and looked around, eventually spotting the waving mare. "O- Oh, I see... well, thank you then. I would sing, as a sort of gift to you... but my throat is a little hoarse," she murmured. Rubbing her face, she looked back to Xereth and coughed, a light blush reaching her cheeks. "Well uh... perhaps attack isn't the right word... more like, I was running late and I took a shortcut and then I wound up in an ursa cave. Long story short, I snuck in here in the hopes that someone else would take care of the Ursa chasing me..."

"It's what everyone calls it," Shatter said as he stuck his head in, before opening the door wider and sighing. "I do hope that is the only story you have been telling Mr Wright," he said, before looking over to Summer, noticing she was finally awake. "Ah, and our mysterious mare has finally woken up. What's your name?" he asked as he walked over.

"Summer Blitz," she replied, managing to sit up. Shatter nodded, before scooping her up in his arms. "Well, I'm afraid Miss Blitz and I have to have words about her... entrance. I would recommend that the four of you try to get some sleep. Or stay up talking," he shrugged as he stepped through the door. "Just be awake at six tomorrow morning. And have a big breakfast... you'll need it," he said cryptically before vanishing down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 4:22 am

Sena paid close and wide eyed attention to Pyke's words while her hands continued their work of gun disassembly from muscle memory. She even oh'd at his reassurance towards the Wickerbicker monster that'd burst in with Summer. Shatter's sudden appearance though drew her eyes, and she watched as he had a brief conversation with Summer before scooping her up and disappearing almost as fast as he'd shown up. As he was walking out though, Sena began to reassemble her gun with a surprising level of speed but then left it on the desk. She then practically skipped over to the door to confirm that he was indeed gone.

"So who's up to go exploring?" Sena asked then as she looked back over her shoulder towards the remaining students.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Aerv had tried mostly ignoring what Pyke has been saying, focusing most of his interest into a book he was reading while waiting. As Shatter entered, he quickly sat up in preparation, only to find out that his intention was to pick up the mare. Xereth then waited for Shatter to leave before looking back at the group, mainly Sena due to her suggestion. "Exploring? Are you sure we're even allowed to? I don't exactly want to get into trouble the first day or rather evening that I'm here." He said as he stood up and stretched.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Mind Blaze makes a small dismayed noise as Summer is carried off by Shatter. Her arm swings in the air, having fallen from it's position at the loss of what is presumably her current crush. Her attention is recaptured by Sena's increasingly confusing path around the room, culminating in her offer to go exploring. Mind Blaze immediately raises a hand. "I'm in."
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Not in Vanhoover they don't. Pyke thought to himself at Mister Stroke's little comment, and then everyone in the room decided that they wanted to run off to quote-unquote "explore". Well that was good for them. He, on the other hand, took the opportunity to steal the bed that Miss Blitz had just vacated. "You lot go ahead. I'll hold down the fort. Today's been hectic enough for my liking. Much less someone has to make sure Mister Stroke doesn't pop in here and find you all missing, lest he go looking for you all."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 2:00 am

The room was quiet, as was the hall outside. Shatter was clearly long gone, and though there were sounds of equipment being used to renovate echoing from the other rooms, there was no-one in sight. If the willing members did decide to go exploring around the school, they would be forced almost immediately to make a decision. At one end of the hall was a dead end, a dozen or so rooms currently under renovations, and at the other, the corridor split into two, both paths diverging in opposite directions.

Their decision would also need to be made quickly, as echoing down the hall came the sound of two voices, both sounding like soldiers, though it was unclear which passageway they were coming from.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 1:59 am

Sena nodded acceptance to both those that were choosing to follow and to those who were choosing to stay. Either way, Sena quickly took to the hallway and began to fast walk down it away from the dead end and the other doors. Curiously she peered down either side of the 'T' section to see if there was any immediate sign of the voices, and would then begin to walk down the opposite direction (at least to the best of her knowledge). As she walked, Sena's wandering eyes looked about at anything and everything while her open ears listened for anything of interest. "So, will we be fighting things like that all the time?" Sena asked aloud to no one in particular, in fact she'd ask it even if she didn't have anyone following along.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Mind Blaze follows after her, a hand always on the pommel of her sword. She does keep some distance behind her and Aerv as they make their way down the hall though, so that she can flee if need be. She wouldn't be following at all, except for her livelihood depending on this school. 'Ugh. She asked a question, I need to get my mind off that.' "Yes, and probably bigger ones than that besides." She takes a few steps back as she hears the guards, looking for security cameras.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 10:41 am

Aerv stood in his room and watched as Sena and Mind Blaze sneaked out of their room and attempt exploring. "Yeah, you know, buck it. I'm not gonna risk it this early if we get, or they rather, get caught being somewhere we shouldn't be." He mumbled and slowly closed the door behind the two before sighing and flopping back onto his bed, picking up a random book and began reading.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 3:21 am

//So... We return here I suppose.

Summer panted as she lowered her katana, electricity still arcing from it to the ground as the first griffon keeled over, quite dead, before it exploded into dust. She glanced at Mind, raising an eyebrow carefully as she faced off with the remaining Grimm. "You alright?" she asked, her blade sliding closed with a click, before she charged in, meeting the Griffon's claws in a shower of sparks. "Cause if you are, I could really use a hand here."

The wounded Ursa roared again as it faced the pair, not having anticipated such extreme resistance. Snorting, it swung again, this time aiming at Sena, who had been patiently shooting it the entire time. As it lunged, there was another roar, and a pair of beowolves emerged from the underbrush, eyes locked firmly on Pyke. The closer one leaped forwards, claws extended as it aimed for his neck.

Gem chuckled and shook his head. "I'm not compensating for anything, I am quite content with my package. However, I do not want to be here, and I hate working with people who apparently are more of a hazard to themselves then the creatures they work to fight," he glanced at the ursa, which seemed to have taken a liking to Auftrag's torso. "However, that pun was so terrible I am obligated to help you, only if to punch you for it later," he said, before pressing a button on the side of his hammer. "I would advice standing back," he murmured as the hammer transformed into what could only be a gigantic cannon. It whirred quietly, before Gem's aura flashed and began to drain in a slot in the back. The inside of the barrel glowed green for a second before the cannon pulsed once, and most of the Grimm vanished beneath a glowing beam of pure white light.

"Look," Gem said as he dropped the cannon. "I even left enough for you to finish off," he snorted dryly, waiting for Auftrag to finish the heavily wounded beast.

Across the forest, a familiar voice could be heard. "Congratulations students, you have managed to waste a whole fifteen minutes of your time. I would give you more information, but I'm afraid that communications are still a little fuzzy. I will tell you however, that there are some much bigger beasts in that forest than any Ursa. Have fun, and try not to die~"

Time Remaining: 01:10

Last edited by The_Pariah on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 4:11 am

Mind Blaze nods to Summer, panting, but more than ready to continue fighting. She charges through the brush , blade in one hand and the scabbard in the other. "Working on it!" she yells as she slashes the blade through the Griffon's right wing.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 pm

"Right!" Sena replied back to Pyke before focusing on the Ursa again. She ducked under the swipe before hefting the charged cannon up, it's humming barrel just inches away from the beast before she pulled the trigger. A charged blast of both energy and shot erupted from the weapon, poised to if not kill the beast, wound and push it far away. Even with it's charged blast fired, Sena's cannon still hummed with power as the barrel continued to spin. A good thing too since when she turned her attention back towards Pyke, she finally noticed the beowolves who emerged. "Pyke, watch out!" Sena yelled again, though whether it was to warn about the beasts or the fact that now Sena was aiming her cannon in their direction. With her sights focused on the new beasts, Sena let loose with a brief salvo of shots from the still charged weapon.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Auftrag lashed out and struck the Ursa's head with a kick, using it more to knock himself away from the beast than to redirect its attack. "Damn thing is persistent, I'll give it that. And if you're going to punch me, aim for the ri..." And then Auftrag watched Gem's hammer transform into a cannon. He stumbled to his feet and quickly ducked into cover, coming out only after Gem had finished shooting.

"Okay. Remind me to never stand still in front of you. It sounds like a death sentence." Auftrag tore off a part of his waistcoat and dress shirt that was over his left arm, looking at the piece of machinery and the attachment point. He looked a bit closer, seeing his left arm was almost detached, hanging on by a single connection point, the other two having torn out when he hit the Ursa, and that there was also a buildup of scar tissue, which had helped displace his arm. He did a very quick and crude operation by which he used his sword to slice off the scar tissue with a short noise of pain, followed by him holding the arm in place and pressing on the first attachment point, causing both the one in the front and the one in the back to slot back into place.

Auftrag let out a sigh of relief. "Now that that's taken care of, we can get back to not getting expelled." He transformed his sword back to its briefcase form, walking over and using it to cave the Ursa's skull in. "Hey, I didn't catch your name. I'm Auftrag, and you are?"
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 3:00 am

"Dammit Sena do you even understand melee range?" Pyke yelled over the coarse burst of bullets, an attempt to stand rapidly becoming a sideways roll as his partner's lack of heed for his safety was suddenly made clear. "Covering fire and melee don't mix, Sena! They don't!"
He made to get up before the beowolves or the ursa would get a chance to recover from that, using his sledgebar to help lever himself up as he loosed the axe from its lodgings in the fork, releasing it into his right hand, pole held in his left. "Let's finish this fast and then we can finally get going before anything else finds us."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 5:23 am

Summer smiled, before her blade met the Griffon's claws again and she began to sing quietly. The melody flowing through the air, filling Mind with a new sense of purpose, and slowing the Griffon, though the difference was almost imperceptible.

"You are an ocean waves,
weaving a dream,
Like thoughts,
Become a river stream,
Yet may the tide ever change,
Flowing like time, to the path,
Yours to climb~

Each stroke of her blade seemed to flash, and she smiled as she sung, spinning beneath the Griffons guard, before sending it tumbling back and leaving it open for Mind to finish off.

The trio of Grimm now facing Pyke and Sena were still formidable, though the Ursa had clearly seen better days as it roared weakly, before snarling and running off into the forest. The Beowolves roared, but were quickly silenced by the heavy blasts of Sena's cannon, each one flinching back for a second before charging. One leaped at Sena, claws extended, whilst the other bounded towards Pyke, intending on forcing him back onto the ground.

Sena's foe swung hard with its left claw, before quickly following up with a strike with its right, all the while roaring furiously.

Pyke's on the other hand seemed a lot calmer, simply trying to grab him and force him to the ground where it intended to tear him open.

Gem yawned as his cannon turned back into a hammer, chuckling at Auftrag's reaction, before hefting the hammer up. "Oh, you'll be fine. Besides, I can only dot it once or twice a battle anyway. Drains me too much otherwise... Now hold on a tick, let me look at that arm of yours." Without waiting for a response, Gem bent forward and started to fiddle with the limb, raising an eyebrow as it produced several clicks and a hiss, before sighing. "When was the last time you gave this thing a proper clean?" he asked, before twisting several knobs. "There... should hold out for the rest of today at least. Just uh, don't go trying to punch a cliff or something with it."

He watched the young man cave in the Ursa's skull, before adjusting the hammer on his shoulder. "Name's Gem Factorem, partner. At least you didn't die on landing, that's a plus, so I guess I'll go a little easier on you. Better than some other members of our class that I know. Now, I suppose we should start heading south before we waste anymore time."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 7:26 pm

"What do you mean they don't? It's not like I'm shooting you!" Sena called back over the roar of her cannon fire. "But I do agree we should probably not let this drag on too much longer," she added as one beowolf chose to charge towards her. Sena jumped up and over the first claw swipe while lifting the cannon so it's barrel was on eye level with the monster. As the second claw swung towards her, she pulled the trigger letting the powerful weapon's kick send her flying backwards and out of the beowolf's reach. When Sena landed, she immediately lifted the weapon back up, aimed first at the wolf that hard charged her if it was still standing, and then over towards the wolf that went after Pyke. She hold off on the shot though, wanting to make sure it was clear since he was apparently worried about her prior salvo.
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 2:01 am

Pyke's opponent would not have the pleasure of repeating the ursa's previous assaults, primarily because Pyke had already had enough of that bullshit today and secondly because he was ready for it this time. Because someone already did that song and dance not two minutes ago.
He stepped back, swinging his ax into the beowolf's face and lining the adze of his main weapon up with its belly, jabbing forward swiftly and presumably painfully. Hopefully one of the two would at least slow it down long enough for the other one to get it to back the hell off or drop on the ground and become easy pickings.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 7:48 am

Auftrag sighed. "It's been a week...give or take a few days. I kinda had to raise some money for a ticket to even get to this place, let alone get enough for some extra medication. I had to break some bones and such, but fight clubs are great money." He walked away from the Ursa, a smile crossing his face. "Pleased to meet you Gem. You even have one of those fancy surnames."

Auftrag glanced over Pandora, considering his options. "Aaaaaaaaand I realize the jump jets are worthless because I have a partner. Oh well." He transformed his briefcase into a shotgun looking weapon with a blade on the front. "Let's continue onward. Daylight's a wasting."
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 2:09 am

Mind Blaze quickly darts forward, stabbing it in the chest with a feral grin.
Then she stabs it again.
And again.
And again.
At some point it probably evaporates.
She staggers back from the site of its demise, spinning around on one foot, then leaning into a reckless charge at Summer, blade all too ready to skewer the poor mare if she didn't do something. A sort of maddened giggle accompanies the charge, as she keeps trying to stop laughing long enough to say something while she attempts to hack her partner to pieces.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 7:24 am

Summer sighed as the griffon faded to dust, before gasping as Mind charged towards her. "H- Hey, what are you..?" she was cut off as she brought her blade up into a defensive guard, squealing as the two weapons sparked.

Stumbling back, she paled as she realised that Mind was not going to relent. "Mind, what are you doing?" she demanded, still only defending herself as their blades connected. "You leave me no choice Mind..." she mumbled, before jumping backwards.

Thou seek the light,
With an outstretched hand,
A divine blade lies before you,
So command,
The wake of Dreams,
To restore,
The world,
Cut 'way the seams,

Join in our prayer,
In our song,
Of Birthrights and love,
Come the sun,
Illuminate the sky,
Pray that we may quell the dark,
Light take the throne,
Lost in thoughts all alone.

As she sang, Mind would feel chains start to bind her, slowing her movements, more with each word as Summer danced away from her blade.

The beowolf grunted as the shell slammed into its chest, wounding it, before it looked around, confused as to where its prey had gone. It snarled as it spotted her, now far away again, and it charged a second time, this time aiming to grab the girl and tear her in half.

The second beowolf didn't even have time to yelp as the ax neatly chopped its head in half, before it crumbled away into dust, leaving only one grimm facing the pair.

"Well, don't leave it that long again, or no-one will be able to fix it," he yawned again, glancing at the sky before looking around. "What do you mean 'fancy'? Everyone has a surname." he mumbled, before sniffing the air. "Yes, we better get moving," he said, before starting to head south. "How did you end up here anyway?" he asked as he moved through the underbrush, stepping over a tree root.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Academia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Academia   Academia - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Academia
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay-
Jump to: