A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jammex

PostSubject: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:12 pm

It was a quiet winter's night in Little Equestria. Decorations were hung in the windows of almost every home as Little Equestria's inhabitants prepared for Hearth's Warming or "Christmas" as the mundies call it. Though the day of celebration was only a few days away most were settling in for a good night's sleep but a few found themselves in the Withered Rose pub; an establishment located in one of the dodgier parts of town and almost as old as Little Equestria itself. Some were looking to drown their problems in drink, some were trying to start the celebrations early with yet more drink and some were just looking for some place warm to hang out in. It was business as usual at the Withered Rose... For now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 am

The landing overlooking the rest of the pub and it's clientele had a brown skinned man in a midnight blue suit sitting on it, legs dangling over the edge of the railing without any concern for potentially falling the long distance to the floor; a thin silver chain around his neck led to a small coffin charm which he wore around his neck, contrasted against his tie.

On the main floor of the pub a downright tiny teenage girl in a shockingly pink hoodie walked around the floor, seemingly trying to find a table with her friends but every so often, for the briefest of moments, her hand would disappear under a table and return to her side just as quickly to pocket a small wad of notes that had just been handed over in exchange for something to be delivered in the near future.

Even though he knew she could handle herself, Tea Leaf's hand kept twitching toward the pistol tucked into his belt. Strange rumors were flying around Little Equestria lately and he wasn't about to risk Purse even if it was just some stupid drunks stirring up stories to alleviate the boredom they all felt.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Sun May 01, 2016 3:19 am

Below Tea Leaf, a pair of young ladies comes through the door to the pub. At first glance, they appear to be sisters, around the same height and build, and with the same freakishly white hair coloration and skin tone. It's when the pair get into the pub proper that one realizes that the smaller of them has bleached her hair white and the sight of all the people in the Withered Rose seems to make her wither a little in turn, her eyes dropping to the floor and hunching a little under a bomber jacket that seems to be too large for her. Her companion is a completely different story. Solid where the other is slight, her hair hanging freely passed her chin in comparison to the first girl's pixie cut, dressed in a vest and heavy clothes like a heavy laborer hitting a watering hole after a hard day, she seems to loom large over her friend despite being almost identical in height, and projecting an attitude like someone looking for a reason to throw a punch.

On the ground floor, Verde tilts her head until a crackle of popping joints is audible. "Well ain't this a promisin' scene," she saws  in a mild accent, one that sounds like she was plucked from Liverpool and still getting used to blending in. "Finding the floor interesting, cuz?"
"I'm not one for crowds, cousin," the other girl says lowly in return, her voice surprisingly low and mellow for coming from someone who looks like she's in desperate need of a a square meal, and in an accent even more faded than Verde's. "Even pacific ones, placid and harmless. Too many angles to watch, too many bodies between us and a door, too many eyes to watch for, too many hands hidden from easy view."
Verde shrugs and steps around her cousin, draping an arm over her shoulders and tugging her forward. "Ain't no one gonna start anything here, Zen, and even if they do I'll end it right quick. Get a good stiff Tennessee in you and you'll feel better."
"I prefer not to..."
"Well, I won't give you a choice tonight." Verde smiles and guides Zen through the crowd towards the bar. "One drink, a good one, and you'll be right as rain. Shame they're all health-nuts around here... I've got a beautiful meerschaum and it's been neglected too long."
This comment seems to cheer Zen up some, and she raises her head to the room, smiling very slightly. "I think you should risk it."
"Too many nancy boys and waif girls in charge," Verde says with a shrug. "I like this place and sorta want to come back."
As the pair take bar stool and wait to be noticed by the bartender, the light solid clank of a heavy object striking the edge of the stool would be audible to those nearby, and someone who looked down to the source of the noise would see a heavy and very well-used crowbar secured to Verde's waist with a heavy leather loop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Sun May 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Purse Cutter would have little trouble walking around the pub. The only things to happen to Purse that could be in the same galaxy as something concerning were a couple of very drunk patrons mistaking her for an employee and trying to order drinks and someone almost spilling their beer on her but aside from that, not much.

From the landing Tea leaf would just see the things one would expect to see in a pub for the most part though a couple of things caught his eye. The first was a man in a big red coat with the hood pulled up leading a giggling drunk lady into one of the toilets. Seemed pretty obvious what they were probably going to do in there. The second thing was Verde and Zen going up to the bar; or rather the nice looking crowbar secured to Verde's waist.

Verde and Zen would find themselves sitting in front of a large jar of pickled eggs placed precariously near the edge of the bar. They would also notice a carving in the wood that read "Stinky Pinky wuz 'ere". After a few moments of waiting the bartender came over. He was a rather portly looking Asian man with short, black hair and a small crescent shaped scar on his right cheek. He smiled at the pair as he approached. "Ah, hello there ladies. What'll it be?" He said, the smile on his face growing a little as he leant on the bar before them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Sat May 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Purse Cutter weaved in and out of the crowd easily, practically dancing around the pub floor until she had collected all the orders; once she was done the girl quite happily skipped up to the bar and sat on the stool next to Verde and Zen, counting her takings for the day in on the bar without any concern at all for potential thieves.

Even if she hadn't had her dad watching from the landing, she was one of the best thieves in Little Equestria. No one could steal from her and anyone who would have the inclination to probably knew that already.

"Soft Cider please." She said with a cheerful smile to the bartender.

"And a Screwdriver cocktail." Tea Leaf added as he landed with a soft thump next to Purse, forgoing the stairs entirely to just jump from the landing.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Sat May 07, 2016 4:42 pm

"Bourbon, for me and this fine young lady here," Verde says, patting Zen heartily on the back. "Or a whiskey on the rocks if there ain't any bourbon to be had."
Zen smiles a little at the barkeep and nods, silently confirming the order that Verde just put in. When the barkeep turns to get their drinks, she looks at Verde. "Fine young lady?"
"Well, I can't exactly call you my cousin and then snog ya if the mood is right, can I?"
"Well you can but you'd get stared at, and not for the reason you want to be." Zen chuckles lowly. "Besides, the truth is somewhat... ambiguous, as much as your mother and mine both think otherwise."
Verde shrugs and idly pushes the jar of pickles back slowly from the edge of the bar. "I have no mental contradictions calling her 'aunt'."
"That would be because you're too open-minded." Zen suddenly grins at her. "And an open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."
Verde blinks at this and then gives her cousin a level look. "You are such a nerd, Zen."
"I know, right?" The smaller and thinner girl definitely seems cheerier than when she came in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 pm

The bartender nods. "Two bourbons, right. And a soft cider and Screwdriver Cocktail for you two." He goes away and returns a few moments with the drinks, handing one to each of them. He then leans in close to Purse and Tea Leaf and slides a letter in their direction. "I don't have time to right now so if you'll put this in the mail for me the drinks are free." He says, smiling at them.

Somewhere else in the pub someone turns on a music player and the sound of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil" fills the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Tea Leaf immediately reached for the letter and seemed to slide it down his sleeve without the slightest movement of his fingers, prompting a rather sulky looking pout from Purse Cutter who had been eyeing the letter with a nosy gaze.

"No skin of my nose." Tea Leaf nodded in agreement, giving Purse a teasing ruffle of her hair which produced complaints from the girl trying to hide her laughter. The man was gently tapping his foot against his stool to the beat of the music, while Purse had a curious look on her face, like she hadn't heard the song before or anything like it; she looked almost like a cat which had detected something unfamiliar.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   Mon May 16, 2016 6:06 am

Verde takes her glass of bourbon and unhesitatingly slugs it back, smacking her lips appreciatively. "Oh, that there's a tasty kick."
Zen looks skeptically at her cousin and lightly sniffs the bourbon, tilting it enough that she can sample it with her tongue, and she grimaces. "It tastes foul."
"That's how you know it's the good stuff," Verde assures her. "Knock it back, it'll make the taste easier on your neophyte palate."
Zen looks doubtful for several seconds before she shrugs, takes in a breath and holds it, and slugs the bourbon. The girl looks stunned for several seconds before crumpling, prevented from falling only because Verde catches her.
"Did anyone get the number of that freight train?" Zen manages, sounding as stunned as she looks.
"The sledgehammer to the face is part of the experience, luv," Verde tells her with a one-armed hug. "So, let's get you another to get you in the proper frame of mind."
"I couldn't possibly..."
"Barkeep, another pair please."
Zen sighs. "You're corrupting me."
"Come to the dark side, we have cookies."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer   

Back to top Go down

The Horse Among Us: Hunt for the Cutie Mark Killer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1