A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Guild Of Ardent Skies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 am

The Guild of Ardent Skies was the oldest guild in Canterlot, and rumours persisted that it was the oldest in the world. Built into the outer wall of the castle, it was a rather non-descript building that let in only the finest of bounty hunters, and to become a guild member took years of dedication and hard work. Even then, to become a guild member proper one had to speak with the Guild Master, a stallion whom no-one outside the guild had seen, and those of the guild refused to speak of to outsiders.

Wind howled as the door swung open, and a tall white stallion in blue armour stepped inside. He glanced around the bar, nodding to a few ponies before sitting on a stool and tapping the bench. An old stallion trotted over, eyebrow already raised. "We don't get many former guild members coming back around here."

"Oh hush. I left because I got married... and I got a steady job," he replied, placing a sheet of paper on the table.

"Oh, it's steady alright mister guard the princess," he snorted before picking up the paper and studying it. "What's this?"

"A test. This guild needs new members... it needs good ponies. This," he chuckled and stood up. "This is a way of finding them, and helping me out in one fell swoop. Tell the old man I said hi," he left, and the silence that had filled the room was shattered as ponies started to talk again. The old stallion watched the door swing shut before sighing and walking through a back door, taking the note with him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The young stallion groaned and looked around as he waited for the four new applicants to arrive. They had been scheduled to be at the entrance to the Guild half an hour ago, and as the rain trickled down he grunted. "Damn new grunts... clearly, punctuality is not high on their lost of priorities..."

He snorted, glancing at the sky and getting a fat rain drop in his eye for his trouble. He was of average height, with sharp green eyes, a trimmed orange coat and short yellow mane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:22 am

"Ya sure you can deal with the ardent skies?" a mare asked walking next to a luna guard. 
"My lady, I have been dealing with hell since I was in your family this would be no more then something for me to do, other than standing around the bar, Anytime we have a problem you or one of the twins tend to deal with it first. Besides it give e permission to deal with criminal scum that I rather not face alone or with a family member." The guard replied s they approached the guild.
"If you say so dear." the mare replied. "Hello. You must a member of the guild. This here be crescent keeper, but you can call him keeper. He would be a great addition to your guild comes with his own shield, cross bow, armor and enough training to make the wonder bolt look like slackers. Sorry for the tardiness, We had something to take care of." The teal mare addressed the orange stallion. "Good luck here keeper, play nice with others and promise to beat the hell out of all those that stand in your way." The Mare kindly said before Heading her way back to the rest of canterlot.
Leaving Keeper and the orange stallion alone. In which keeper just kind of stood there waiting for the others. Not even trying to start a conviction.
The stallion was average bat pony size. He was wearing a dark blue armor that seems to be extremely old, Nothing like the modern day armor. He had a disk shield that that covered his whole armored right front leg. And a crossbow holster on his back next to his quarry of bolts. both were a blackish purple color. and the shield had a white crescent moon imprinted on the front. It looks like it faces many battles and ready to face much more.

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

A single, solitary mothpony trotted along the streets of Canterlot, looking rather angry about the fact that her wings were wet with rain. "Stupid weather making it so I can't fly, making me late...I should hurt a few weather ponies if they turn me away for being late..." While small tufts of it were sticking out, her orange mane was mostly under the brown wide-brimmed hat she wore, which also matched with her brown travelling coat and saddlebags which held the supplies she had been carrying with her for the trip. The only thing that stood out other than the moth wings was her longsword, which was still confined to its sheath despite her obvious anger.

When she finally got to the guild entrance, she looked up at the sky to check the time and got hit by a raindrop. She growled slightly and approached with a brisker pace. When she got up to the young stallion at the entrance, she would bow a bit before speaking. "I'm Tenebrae, one of the new recruits you were expecting....hopefully...If I'm as late as I think I am, I apologise. The trip from the White Tail forest to Canterlot is rather long, and I couldn't fly part of the way due to the rain."

Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Not long after the moth pony arrived, any that were paying close attention to or were particularly sensitive to vibrations in the ground might have felt a faint and distant one reach them. It was followed by another that was just a bit stronger, and then another. Soon the tremors left visible evidence in the nearby puddles, as the water rippled from the enclosing impacts. Not long after that the distant sounding, echoing booms could reach the ears of the ponies at the guild entrance and a hazy figure could be seen in the distance, a vibrant red colored figure obscured and distorted by the rain. As it got closer though the various features slowly became more defined, a silvery mane and tail, a pair of large purple eyes, and some kind of green fruit that the now apparent pony was munching on.

And yet even with all these features coming into view, the pony herself still seemed quite far away. A trick of the light some might have initially assumed until the pony just kept getting bigger the closer she got to them. Heads would eventually have to tilt back and the ponies might have had to brace themselves ever so slightly against the tremors from her steps. Her hooves stopped roughly fifty feet away from the small group of ponies, and her massive eyes looked down at them critically. A hoof reached up then to remove the plant she'd been munching on, to reveal the bottom half of a fruit tree that was deposited on the ground. most of it's branches, leaves, and fruit just gone, presumably devoured by the giant pony. Then the same hoof lifted just enough to where it was pointing at the whole group, and the giant opened her mouth to speak. "Uhmm... excuse me, but i- is this the umm... is this the place where the guild is supposed to meet?" She asked uncertainly with a soft if not slightly high pitched voice escaping a nervously melancholic looking face. Her eyes kept darting back and forth between the ground and the group as she awaited an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:18 am

Mind Blaze was currently infiltrating the Guild of Ardent Skies in the form of a shadow. Well, "infiltrating" and "Shadow" were both misleading. In point of fact, it had merely flattened itself out, and modified its coloration to resemble the shadow of the huge earth pony currently walking into the guild. More accurately, Blaze was slightly under the pony, acting as the surface it walked upon and its shadow.
As the earth pony gets through the threshold of the guild, Blaze slips away form it, using the rain to mask what little sign of its movement was still visible. time to find the library.

The Librarian slithers off in search.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:30 am

The stallion was silent, watching the new hopefuls slowly approach one at a time. He sighed, before grabbing Mind Blaze with a hoof, apparently having no trouble spotting and stopping the goo pony. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he studied them for a moment before grunting. "So, everyone else gets normal, punctual ponies and I get a vampire, a pony made of goo, a giant moth and an actual giant. Celestia give me strength."

Coughing, he rolled his eyes. "Welcome, all four of you to the first major test you will have to undergo to become a member of the Guild of Ardent Skies. You will be pushed to your limits, perhaps even beyond them, who knows? If you would all follow me," he said before turning, a door large enough for the giant to fit through opened up. He walked inside, leading the group through several hallways before stopping a large banquet hall. "This is the non-member hall. Here you can relax before you take on your quests and such," he said in an almost bored tone. "If you want, you can go have a look at the board over there to see if your quest has been put up yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:39 am

(so much for being a vampire thing a secret.)
"At least we showed up." Keeper grumble by the member dis please. 
Keeper followed the member inside and went to the board.
"Let's see if this thing was even worth walking to." He said to him self.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Riese's eyes narrowed slightly, or perhaps a lot by direct comparison when one bothered to recall that one of her eyes was maybe as big as a pony. She didn't seem to like being complained about, but the giantess didn't say anything for the moment as she followed the group inside the hall. She was actually a bit surprised to see that she could actually fit through the doorway, though she still ducked down some at least partially out of habit. When the board was referenced, Riese glanced over towards it, but for the moment she'd just stick to following the group, not too sure where she was supposed to head if anywhere once inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:29 am

Tenebrae looked up at the giant pony as it approached, gawking at the sight of such a thing even existing. It was so fascinating that her keen eyes managed to miss a goo pony that was promptly caught by the pony they were supposed to be meeting with. She coughed uncomfortably at the mention of exactly what the little group happened to be. "Holy shit we have a vampire...in hindsight that really isn't a big deal..." She followed the stallion into the non-member hall, and decided to take his advice with the bounty board and decided to go check it.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 am

The stallion dropped into a chair and smirked, a young waitress coming over to take his order. Once she was gone, he glanced at the giant and the vampire who were still with him, eyes glancing over the mothpony as he went to explore. "Right, so even though the board is over there, you've actually been given a specific mission as part of your trial," he placed a sheet of paper on the table, leanign back to the let them read it.

To those who wish to join the Guild of Ardent Skies,

Your mission is going to be a perilous one, so once you join, there's no going back.

If you're still reading this, I can only assume that you have decided to go ahead with the mission. Excellent. In that case, I shall get right on to business.

I need you to track down and kill former King Sombra, of the Crystal Empire. His last known location was in the Frozen North, so I expect you should start there.

Good luck, and good hunting recruits.

The board that Tenebrae had decided to examine was covered in similar sheets of paper, each asking for ponies to carry out certain tasks. From a brief scan, he would be able to tell that none of the quests were what anyone would consider even slightly easy.

The stallion hummed and waited for them to be finished reading. "So, you still up for the task?" he asked. "Our poster would do it himself, but his duties call him elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed May 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Keeper blankly looked at the guild member. "I received reports that king Sombra was blown up. In fact, many supernaturals make fun of him of how big of a failure he was in battle, you want us three to look for horn in the middle of the crystal snow storm?" *he asked raising his eyebrow.* "Are all the tasks going to be as equal pointless?" he said monotone to the member.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Wed May 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Riese eyed the paper curiously, and then ducked way down to actually read it, an act that had the large head literally looming over the group as the massive eyes moved ever so slightly while reading the lines. When she was done and lifted her head back up, Riese started to nod when Keeper spoke up. Confusion contorted Riese's face when he mentioned that the stallion in question blew up, but her reaction was a bit of an alternate. She grinned widely at the notion of their mission just requiring them to find a horn, it sounded easy to her. "Sounds like something I could do, but uhm... which way's the frozen north?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sun May 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Tenebrae finished looking at the board and walked over to the rest of the group. He took a good look at what the stallion was holding, and exclaimed slightly. "Well then...That's quite the entrance exam." She then took out what looked to be a personal pillow, covered her face with it and screamed into it, muffling his screaming. "I'm good now. If he's put himself back together he might be weakened from being, you know, shattered alive and removed from his place of power." She put the pillow away in her bag as he spoke, and was secretly hoping that her theory was correct.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sat May 14, 2016 12:40 am

"Hmmm? Oh yes, he was blown up, but you aren't looking for a horn. You're looking for him." The stallion smirked and rolled his eyes. "Just because you can't see the purpose rookie, does not mean there isn't one."

He glanced at the giantess and smiled. "I'll be taking you as far as the crystal empire, after that, it falls to you to find out information and locate him." He explained, glancing at the mothponeh mare with a smirk, which had grown larger than before. "Who can say. Yet, the fact remains that this is your mission. Let me know when you are ready to go, and we can get started. Or, you can drink until you pass out... up to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sat May 14, 2016 5:12 am

"Oh, well that doesn't sound too hard," Riese said with a small (still roughly pony sized) grin as she nodded to what the guild master reported. "I think I'm ready to go now, but a drink for the road could be nice," Riese said while looking around for where she could get something. "Can we do that? Get a drink for the road?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Sat May 14, 2016 5:36 am

Keeper kept his mouth shut.
Rookie? I been hunting before your family tree even got started, kid.
the stallion let out a sigh. as the giantess spoke up. "I will follow orders to the letter, I'll also let my others decide on when they're ready."  Keeper said to the member.
Whatever keeps these guys happy, the family has enough to deal with with monsters and hunters, don't need the ardent skies after us.

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 pm

Tenebrae nodded lightly, trying not to bring too much attention to herself. "Sounds like a reasonable enough mission..." He considered the offer of drinks for a moment and sighed. "I could also use a drink for the road." And then she remembered how utterly shit he was at keeping her alcohol down, and her antennae drooped a bit. Still having that drink. I'm gonna need it for this crazy initiation test or whatever.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guild Of Ardent Skies   

Back to top Go down

The Guild Of Ardent Skies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1