A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:06 am

Valkyrie quickly checks to see is her flintlocks are loaded. "Okay, let's get out of here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Starry nodded and started leading the two into the forest. Eventually, they reached a gap in the trees that leads into a darker part of the forest. “Well here’s the dungeon. Just past here is a road leading to Rainbow Falls. You two follow me and we’ll be there shortly. You have any questions before we go in?” She asked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Valkyrie shook her head. "None I can think of."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Nightwing shook his head no, "Nothing pressing or important, though I have a suspicious feeling that afterwards I may have questions." He screeches around to try to figure the lay of the place.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 pm

(Through the Forest)

Starry led them into the darker parts of the woods. They walked into a small clearing, the path from where they came seemed to get blocked by the trees, as if they were moving. Starry paid this no mind, and kept onward. “Keep an eye out. Wild dogs like to roam around these parts, but at least there aren’t many Consumed around here.” She said, starting down a path on the other side of the room.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Valkyrie took up the rear and kept a keen eye out for any movement in the nearby area, still holding the duck close to her and keeping a tight grip on one of her flintlocks. "Pretty creepy out here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:00 am

Nightwing looks around, then frowns at Valkyrie, "You uhh... decided on keeping the killer duck, huh? Does it... does it have a name?" He keeps looking around as he starts the small talk.

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:20 am

She continues to look around for movement. "No, this is just a regular duck. It clearly isn't safe here for the little guy. Not really sure what his name would be though.... Fluffles? Yeah, Fluffles the duck." She quietly laughs. The duck quacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:06 am

Starry chuckled. “Careful. You name it and you’ll get attached to it.” She said. Though before either of them could make another comment, a growl came from ahead of them. “Hold up. There’s a wild dog up ahead. Let me take care of this one.” She stepped forward as the dog came into view. She then fired a beam of magic from her horn and the dog fell asleep. “I prefer incapacitating my enemies rather than outright defeating them. Consumed just come right back anyway. Come on.” She led them into another clearing. There were two other paths branching out from the clearing, one going left and the other going straight ahead. There was also a saddlebag on the ground next to a sleeping dog. Starry turned to the others. “So, which way should we go?”

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:09 pm

Valkyrie shrugged. "Right I guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Nightwing shrugs, "Good enough for me." He keeps an eye on that sleeping dog though, not wanting to be caught by surprise if it woke.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:30 am

Starry nodded. “Straight ahead then.” As they passed by the sleeping dog, Starry levitated the saddlebag to her. “For some reason, you can find all sorts of things in dungeons. It always helps to pick up any items you find.” She said. After a bit more walking, they came across another room, this one had two wild dogs, both awake and walking towards them. Behind the dogs was what looked like a grassy staircase leading down. “Hey, how about you two take these dogs? I’ll watch our backs and the duck.”

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:50 pm

"Alright then." Valkyrie puts Fluffles down in front of Starry before pulling out her other flintlock. She takes aim, lining up both dogs in the sights of her pistols before opening fire. "Smile for the camera!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:25 am

Nightwing grimaced and hissed as the guns went off, producing a slightly disorienting affect. Just had to be a gun, didn't it. Had to be. He drew his sword and skirted the gunshots, not anxious to get shot in the back by supersonic ballistic projectiles speeding toward both targets. Assuming he could get close enough, he would engage one of the targets. He realized that killing them was less-than-conducive of the pre-established MO of their current guide, but also established to himself that killing them outright with the sword was probably better than them bleeding out or dying of shock and/or broken bones from the pistol fire. Assuming said fire did not land a kill shot.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:39 am

The dog on the left was struck in the face and fell over. However, instead of just dying, it dissolved into smoke and was absorbed by the trees and ground. Starry grimaced at this but didn’t comment. The other dog avoided the shot. That dog turned toward the approaching thestral and lunged for him, trying to bite his leg.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Valkyrie considers reloading for a moment before deciding to run up to the second dog and try to pistol whip it instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 pm

The thestral was quick about his work, turning away from the lunge while snagging it out of the air with a forehoof. He hooked his legs around the wolf and began choking it out. It wasn't the nicest way to put something to sleep... but it was still putting it to sleep. He didn't have a lot of options.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 am

The dog struggled in Nightwing’s grasp for a moment before Valkyrie’s pistol-whipping knocked it out cold. From behind them, Starry tapped a hoof on the ground in applause. “Very good. You two seem quite adept in physical combat. Though it always helps to have magical or ranged attacks as well. Now come on, the stairs are right here.” She said, walking over to and down the grassy stairs. Upon following her down, the other two would find that while the staircase seems to lead into a tunnel, it really leads into another forest clearing, and if they looked back they would not see the staircase anymore.

Back to top Go down
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:27 am

"Ummm, well... ain't that just dandy. I guess our only way now is forward." He shuffles and readies his gear.

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:47 pm

Valkyrie takes the opportunity to reload. "Well... That's new..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Starry shrugged. “You’ll get used to it. All dungeons work like that. The floors of a mystery dungeon are all random too. It makes things more interesting for adventurers. I’m a researcher however, so I don’t really go out much.” She explained as she continued to lead them onward.

After a few moments, they found another clearing. This one had another set of stairs going down, as well as a small sack on the ground next to it. Starry levitated the sack to Nightwing. “Here’s some bits. They can be commonly found in dungeons. If you ever go out into dungeons, remember to keep an eye out.” She then motioned for them to head down the stairs first this time.

Back to top Go down
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:44 am

"Then I guess we got lucky that the next staircase is right here," Nightwing says, stowing the money he received, "Though, if we are always going down, how do we know we're headed in the right direction? Hmmm..."

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Valkyrie went over to the stairs and looked down. She then turned back to Starry "Yeah... What he said. Shouldn't we be going up to get out?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:09 am

Starry perked up at those questions. “Ah, excellent questions.” She pulled out a scroll from her bag. And unrolled it, showing an image of a forest surrounded in a sphere, with various writings and diagrams around it. “Well you see, the magic that permeated the land would concentrate in and around specific areas and distort them, creating mystery dungeons. The magic shifts constantly, changing the layouts of these dungeons constantly. In areas with changing altitude, like mountains and caves, dungeons actually accelerate the rate of climb and descent more than normal. However some dungeons, like this one, don’t actually change altitude. It just seems that way. But even with the mystery and variety of dungeons, each and every one of them have a set entrance and exit, as well as a set number of floors to traverse. So yes, we are going in the right direction.” She ended her lecture mode.

Back to top Go down
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 am

"Magic, land changes... what did I wake up to?" He sighs, "We can settle all this when we get to... well, where ever we're going. We're not in Kansas anymore..." He begins walking towards an open path, screeching around to stay alert.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   

Back to top Go down

My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next