A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:01 pm

It all started with a word. Harmony. What brought ponykind together and saved it from the evils that threatened it so long ago. Discord. Tirek. Nightmare Moon. Together, the ponies of Equestria stood up to those who wished its destruction and took them down or showed them the light of Harmony. Powered by the magic of friendship, there was nothing they couldn’t do. And among them, one group of ponies rose above the others, lead by what they called the Princess of Friendship. That group of ponies spread that magic of friendship across Equestria and beyond. It seemed like ponykind was destined for everlasting peace.

Ah, how wrong that turned out to be…

Nopony knows what truly happened to break the harmony Equestria had. But one thing they do know is that once it did, Equestria broke with it. The Princesses disappeared, the land was claimed by wild magic, and ponykind was scattered as their cities and society fell into ruin. Cutie Marks even turned into a thing of the past, and it’s extremely rare to find a pony these days with one. Many ponies turned feral and lived among the creatures of the wild, consumed by the wild magic that spread across the world. Those that weren’t Consumed learned to channel it to defend themselves. Even still, it wasn’t enough for the scattered and wandering ponies.

Another thing that cropped up due to the magic was what came to be known as a Mystery Dungeon. An ever-changing labyrinth filled with the Consumed, yet sometimes filled with amazing treasure. Forests, caves, even the ruins of Equestria’s cities all house Mystery Dungeons, and exploring them is very dangerous for a lone or unprepared pony.

Eventually, a group of ponies decided something needed to be done in order to keep its remaining inhabitants safe. They gathered in Rainbow Falls and formed the Explorer’s Society of Equestria. They trained and used Exploration Teams to go out and rescue ponies in need, as well as explore the many Mystery Dungeons throughout the land. Guilds started forming to help train them further, and small villages formed around those guilds. It was hard going, but ponykind has been learning how to stand on their own hooves again. Though, how long is it going to last?

Players:
Dawnpath as Nightwing
Jammex as Valkyrie
Veryveryfluttershy as Fine Fantasy
StrawberryGamer as everyone else o3o

Race Descriptions

It was a cool Autumn morning in Equestria. Birds were chirping on their way south, squirrels were frantically gathering nuts for the upcoming winter, and two ponies and a griffon were lying unconscious in the middle of a forest clearing. Wait, what? Is that in the script? Oh, we don’t have a script? Fine. So, two ponies and a griffon in the middle of the forest, unconscious. There was a pond nearby, where two ducks were quacking at each other. One the ducks waddled over to one of the ponies, a unicorn, and started pecking at the blue streak in her mane, thinking it was some sort of snack.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 am

Valkyrie groaned as she came to and sat up before proceeding rub her head with her mechanical talon.
"Ugh, what happened... and where am I?" She spent a few seconds taking in her surroundings before taking notice of the two unconscious ponies next to her and the duck pecking at one of them. "Hey! that's not lunch you silly bird!" Valkyrie yelled before shooing the duck away. She then reached down and started to gently shake the unicorn. "You okay? Helloooooo?" As she attempted to rouse the unicorn from unconsciousness Valkyrie couldn't help but wonder why they were all in this clearing or, more importantly, how they were going to find their way out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:20 am

Nightwing laid there, ears twitching. His mind was racing, Where am I, who's talking, what... I- I can't remember! One step at a time, yeah? My name is... is Nightwing and I- Could this pony be louder? He moved his head and noticed a new, very crucial detail. The sun was out, and if he opened his eyes, he'd be looking right at it. He grimaced and rolled to his belly, sending a few ultrasonic screeches out to get an idea of what was around. Two ponies and a clearing. He turns his head to look at the standing one. "Who are you?"

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:17 pm

Valkyrie continued to shake the unicorn, gradually doing so more and more vigorously. "Come on, wake up! I don't want to sit out here all day!" She had become so absorbed in her attempts to wake her up that she hadn't noticed the Thestral addressing her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:13 am

(Well, since Very has elected to back out of the thread, I get to do this instead. Enjoy!)

The unicorn opened her eyes quickly, jerking herself awake. In a flash of light, she teleported out of Valkarie’s grip and across the clearing. She didn’t quite look right though. Her eyes were dark and her magical aura was unstable and sparking, a vicious red color. The unicorn pointed her horn threateningly at the two and growled. The duck still in the pond quacks and the unicorn turned her head and fired a magic beam at the duck. It grew to twice its size and developed a dark aura around it, getting out of the pond to join the unicorn.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Valkyrie stared at the unicorn and the duck before standing up and starting to slowly back away, scooping the other duck up with her mechanical talon. "That can't be good." As she backed away Valkyrie looked around for possible escape routes or some kind of weapon before finally noticing the Thestral. "Hey, get over here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Nightwing grumbled at being ignored, screeching again in supersonic. That's... probably not good... His ears flicked when his thought was mirrored out of the mouth of Valkyrie, whom he still didn't know. Putting his back to the sun, he cracked open his eyes, slowly edging towards Valkyrie. He still didn't like what he saw. He reached for his sword to find it... gone. Damn. "Take it easy miss, I don't want to fight."

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:40 pm

(First Encounter)

The unicorn pointed her horn at the thestral, growling. Then, she let loose a stream of magical fire at him. It was poorly aimed though, and missed by a meter, setting the grass behind them on fire. The duck charged at the griffon, it’s beak magically sharpening.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Valkyrie gasped as the duck's beak sharpened as it charged towards her. "Whoa! Killer ducks!? This is new." Without thinking she tried to sidestep the enraged bird and shove it into the pond with her free talon, holding the other duck tightly against her chest as she did so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:21 am

Nightwing rolled, "This... this doesn't look good." He screeches around to find something to use as a weapon. Finding nothing, he began circling the unicorn, keeping low to present a smaller target.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:22 am

The large duck floundered about for a moment before suddenly freezing itself solid, along with part of the pond and Valkyrie’s talon. After a few seconds, the ice shattered, spraying the area with ice shards. The big duck used this to knock itself out of her grip and tried to peck her again. Meanwhile, the unicorn charged Nightwing, her horn once again tossing flames his way.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:30 am

Valkyrie stumbled back and grunted as ice shards flew all around. She went to grab the duck's beak. "You want to have a little pecking match? I can do that!" She started to peck at its face while flapping her wings in an attempt to look intimidating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:42 am

Nightwing rolled out of the way and tackled the unicorn, trying to pin her down. "What is... wrong with you?" he grunts, collapsing his whole weight down on her.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:58 am

The unicorn only responded with a snarl as she tried to shake Nightwing loose. Failing that, she then flared her horn again, blasting him back with a burst of telekinesis. She then used that same telekinesis to hold him up in the air as she charged yet another fire spell. Meanwhile, Valkyrie was having a better time dealing with the big duck as it seemed to be getting weaker. Though the duck still tried to peck her face back, it wasn’t having as much luck.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 am

Seeing the Thestral's predicament, Valkyrie stopped pecking the duck and instead summoned all her strength in order to try and throw it at the unicorn while she was distracted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Hmmm. Right. Not much doing in this regard, I suppose. Afterall, this lass isn't much for conversation against lettin' me go... All the same, he struggled against his telekenetic bonds.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:19 pm

The unicorn was hit smack in the face and fell over, losing her grip on the magic and letting Nightwing go. As she got back up, a blue beam of magic came from out of nowhere and struck her right in the side, sending her down and keep her down this time. A soft snoring could be heard from her. The duck soon met a similar fate.

A new unicorn emerged from the forest. This one was a dark blue color. She carried a saddlebag on her back. One pouch was filled with scrolls and potions and the other carried weapons. “Oh dear, that was a close call, now wasn’t it?” She asked as she approached the two. “I heard some commotion and come to find you two. I didn’t realize there were others out adventuring around here. Quite strange, don’t you think?” She looked at the unicorn on the ground and poked her with a hoof. “And judging by how this one fought, I’d say she was Consumed for not even a day. Friend of yours?”

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Valkyrie shook her head at that last question. "No. I mean yes! No I... Uhhh why can't I remember anything!?" One moment I was..." She trailed off as she realised she couldn't even remember what she was doing before all this happened. Valkyrie didn't notice that she'd started to do this but she was now gently petting the duck with her other talon. "Why don't I remember..?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:18 am

"Whoever she was, I don't know her anymore. My name's Nightwing, thanks for the hand." He screeches at the new unicorn to get a good idea of what she looked like. For some reason, everything seemed brighter to him than usual. Maybe he had some sort of concussion that was messing with his memory and his vision? He internally shrugged to himself and went to shake hooves with the new unicorn. "I appreciate not being burnt."

Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:18 am

Valkyrie looked at Nightwing. "Well, my surprising duck throwing skills had quite a lot to do with that, though I'm not sure what we would have done when she got back up. Wasn't going to throw this little guy at her, that's for sure." She said as she continued to pet her new feathered friend. Valkyrie looks back at the big duck and the unicorn. "Maybe we should get out of here before continuing this little conversation. As nice as it is to see someone who isn't trying kill me I'd rather not around when they wake up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:25 am

The friendly unicorn nodded. “Ah, yes. I suppose we should leave. If you’ll follow me, I’ll take you back to town.” She turned to leave, but stopped. “Oh, where are my manners? My name’s Starry Night.” She said, levitating the weapons out of her bag. “Am I to assume these belong to you? I found them not to far from here. If not, I’m sure the museum would love them.”

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:35 am

Valkyrie attempted to awkwardly grab her weapons out of the air while holding the duck, she fumbles a little but ultimately manages it. "Er, yeah, some of these are mine. I'm Valkyrie by the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:19 am

Nightwing took the sword offered to him and examined it with his hooves, nodding. "Yep, this is mine." He strapped it to himself, under a wing. "Did you say... a museum would love them? Is it a contemporary museum?"

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:36 am

Starry shrugged. “It’s kinda got a little bit of everything. Since it’s the only museum in Equestria, it has to. The latest project started is called ‘Weapons Through the Ages.’ Though, it’s nearly impossible to get good Griffon tech, since they’re very defensive about it.” She turned and put the weapons they didn’t claim, two daggers, back in her bag. “Now come on, we have a dungeon to get through, but if we hurry we should be there by nightfall.

Back to top Go down
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:05 am

"A dungeon? Why- Gah, I must be really out of it." Nightwing rubs his head, then nods. "Right, lead on." He stretches briefly and moves to follow Starry.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria   

Back to top Go down

My Little Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Equestria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next