A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:15 am

Slightly above the Canterlot Streets:
Llumina wouldn't get an answer from any of those fleeing, in fact none even seemed to acknowledge statement if they even heard it over the plethora of other yells. Ahead of her she could even see one guard get completely overwhelmed by the onrush of ponies, his form disappearing quite suddenly beneath the masses. From her aerial vantage she'd also catch sight of another source of water fairly close by, though it wasn't a lake, river, or larger body of water. No, what her eyes would be able to catch would be a small garden pond that was maybe big enough for one pony to fit in if they didn't mind being cramped.

The house it sat behind seemed empty as the door was shut, the windows closed, and not a single light was on inside.

Blue's manor:
For all the training and years of servitude that the ever faithful servant must have had under his belt, even he couldn't completely hide the subtle twitch of the eyebrow and mouth as a question started to form. But a sudden realization the taboo he was about to commit was more than enough to get the doorpony to straighten back up abruptly. "Certainly sire, I'll return as quickly as I am able," he said before departing from the room with truly calm and steady strides and even easing the door shut as was customary.

A few moments later and the doorpony returned to the room. "Your message has been delivered sire, though the others have expressed their will that if they are to stay both within the city and in your service, their families shall be accompanying them. The young chef Thyme has only a single living relative within the city, an elderly mother. But both Mr. Shine and Mrs. Sheer have spouses, living parents, and Mr. Shine has three children while Mrs. Sheer has one. I'm afraid the manor might not be large enough to house them all comfortably unless, and it is with unfathomable chagrin that this notion even passes my lips, we re-purpose some of your other rooms," the doorpony reported with that same surprising level of efficiency. "The others nor I require an answer to this immediately, but the greatest amount of haste you could spare would be much appreciated sire. Now shall we be on our way?" he asked finally while holding the door open for Blue.

Canterlot General Hospital:
"Huh? Wait, did she say third floor?" Scarlet asked as she looked back down the steps. "Hey, wait for me," she said before scrambling after Dusk only to pull up short just as he tapped the obviously sick pony on top of it's head. The... thing that lifted that molted mass of disfigured flesh only barely resembled a pony anymore and the ear grating cry it let out certainly didn't sound like something a pony could even make. As for the poor figure it'd been laying on, that pony was dead, half of it's face was missing while the bloody skull dully gleamed in the pale hospital lights. Scraps of said missing flesh could be seen dangling from the sick pony's mouth, a sight that made Scarlet let out a scream as she recoiled backwards. Her bright ruby red eyes were wide with fright at the horrendously sick figure before her, and once again the trick with the blades was pulled, where she seemed to summon them from the shadows beneath her. Scarlet however didn't attack with them, she just brandished the weapons before her, as if to desperately keep the space between herself and the sick pony as it was.

The sick pony however was now haphazardly climbing back to it's hooves while stumbling toward's Dusk.

Fifth Floor Hallway:
"Y- you got th- th- that right," the mare stammered out as she tried to keep from screaming more while Silver finished examining the unconscious pony and moved on to her. The break was bad, but perhaps not the worst it could be. From Silver's inspection, she'd be able to conclude that while there was a hefty amount of bruising all along the leg, there was only one true spot where it was broken. Unfortunately, the bone seemed to have splintered along that spot making for a rather jagged break. It was even some feat of luck that the sharp pieces of bone hadn't pierced the skin, but instead only pressed against it in a still fairly disturbing manner. The touch, even as gentle as it was still drew a whimpering sound from the mare as fresh pain filled tears streaked down her face.

She didn't say anything when Silver left to get the supplies to set the leg. Getting a couple chair legs and some scraps of cloth from the bed sheets was perhaps one of the easiest parts of this whole thing, though when Silver went to check the bathroom, she'd find more than just a small half-empty bottle of over the counter pain killers. There was another blood stain, this one fairly small, but the interest part to it was that the stain started on the ground, then went up the side of the wall and into a vent who's grate had seemingly been ripped off. Silver could see the blood trailed on a bit farther into the vent, but the trail rounded a corner and disappeared from sight there as Silver was too big to enter the vent itself.

Still, no noise or anything under the class of other come from the vent, even to callings if any were made and the rest of Silver's plan seems to go fairly well. The mare almost greedily drinks the pain killer cocktail, but that does little to stifle the fresh scream when Silver goes to bind her leg. The unconscious pony however still hasn't stirred in the slightest, but his breathing is still the same.

Last edited by Zen on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:16 pm

It appeared that the delirium that the patients exhibited went far further than simple acts of violence. The half-eaten face of the dead pony and the scraps of flesh in the sick ponies mouth said that something was clearly wrong, and perhaps irreversible at this point.

As it hobbled towards him, he stepped back at a similar pace as he decided what to do. Wrestling the pony down was extremely risky, as one bite would mean instant infection. He soon thought that more of the patients could be like this, and with the lack of guards, safely subduing them would be difficult at best.

Soon, a decision was made. His safety and the safety of other came first. "Forgive me," he said, just before slashing the pony across the throat, using his magic to stay a safe distance away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:06 am

Llumina sighed and decided to take a closer look at the garden pond. She lowered herself above the pond and inspected it to make sure everything was ok. She looked around the area and wondered if there was anyone in the house. She shrugged and continued to inspect the water.

Her tail had begun to dry up so it was critical for her to at least get some liquid on it as well on her gills. even if she did not use them above water it was well needed for them to be somewhat moist so in a way in good condition for her to be able to safely breath underwater.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 am

“Family is very important. There are some even among the nobility that neglect the value of it. They have all earned the favour of being able to keep loved ones close...”  One of Blue’s hooves dug at the floor. He needed to make a decision. If he started with plans now, there may never be spare time later to gather the families, but being The Chosen One and a noble meant to be ready to sacrifice for the people and suffer the fate of a protector  It was like fate didn't want him to sit on that one very important seat. He swallowed such blasphemous thoughts however, The Chosen One would get there in the end. Yes, this was just a route to saving more people and gaining more adoration for when the time came. He nodded on his way out of the door, still holding the letter close to his inflated chest. “That is a large amount of ponies. While, for the people, I am willing to do as you suggest and empty rooms, I do not intend for it to come to that. I have a plan which may fix our accommodation arrangements.” Blue would have asked for the pony’s trust, but he knew he had it completely.

Even with just one accompanying pony, the walk back to the castle felt better for Blue. He was quiet and just looked ahead as he let himself think about how things were going to go. A good outcome and a perfect one, no room for failure for The Chosen One. Once there he would approach the gates with no fear, waiting to be addressed by the guards so he could rudely dismiss them because he was far more important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 am

Fifth Floor Hallway
Silver's ears lay down as she sees the pain and tears on the face of the mare and visibly winces when the suffering pony screams. She leans up to look the mare in the eyes, her look gentle and reassuring. "I know this is going to hurt and be absolutely terrible, miss, but we need to get out of this place. I'm sure you heard the announcement from the princesses. I'm sure you fear, deep down, that the only way to get safely away from the disease is to get out of the city fast. To do that, I need to set your leg, and setting your leg will be horrible. I wish I had a surgical team, and morphine, and a hospital, but I'm just a doctor trying to help two ponies that need me." She uses a touch of magic to bring up a fragment of wood that's smooth enough that the mare won't get splinters from biting it. "Bite down on this and be brave; after this is over, I'll quickly get gurneys so I can wheel the two of you out to safety. I'm sorry."

She takes a deep breath, emotionally bracing herself against the fact that to help this poor mare, she has to hurt her, before briefly checking that the mare has the wood in her mouth to bite down on and then going quickly to work. She first sets out the two straight pieces of wood for the splint, and the cloth ready to go, and then before the mare can flinch away in anticipation of the pain, she firmly places her hooves on either side of the break and gently guides it into alignment with the remaining bone, using a bit of magic to bring the wood into place above and below where she's working. She then moves her hooves so she can hold the components in place before seizing the cloth and starting to wrap the bracing pieces tightly to prevent the bone from moving around under the skin. First the top tie and then the bottom, and then making as many as it takes to fully secure the temporary construction. She then looks up at what is no doubt the agonized and tear-streaked face of the patient. "I'm sorry. Do you feel any pins and needles or numbness? If not, the bone is at least immobilized and the wrapping isn't too tight." As she asks, she also glances at the unconscious pony, checking his visible breathing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Backyard garden pond:
Llumina's inspection of the pond would show that while it wasn't exactly the cleanest water, there was nothing that would be outright hazardous to her within it's shallow depths. A few goldfish even swam in the murky waters, brief and muffled flashes of their bright orange scales occasionally shimmering through the grime of the little garden pond. The surrounding area inspection would show that this yard wasn't big, but not tiny either. It was also fenced in, obscuring sight into other yards and the street while she was so close to the pond's surface. She could still however hear the noise coming from the streets and occasionally see another pegasi fly overhead as they raced to get down the mountain.

Before the Castle:
The doorpony nodded at the answers he received and even seemed ever so slightly relieved for them. Still he wordlessly accompanied Blue as the two departed from the manor and returned to the castle gates. Just as it had been when he'd seen it before, the castle supported a full guard that stood resolutely at their posts with critical and scanning eyes. When one pair of those scanning eyes fell on Blue and the doorpony, they narrowed slightly before their owner stepped forward ever so slightly. "Greetings Lord Blue, I hope your evacuation preparations are going smoothly as the guard are too busy to assist you or any other noble unless it is a dire emergency situation," the guard said with a stalwart expression and mostly emotionless voice.

Canterlot General hospital 3rd floor:
The sick pony made not motion to dodge or block the slash of Dusk's sword, in fact it was almost like it stepped into the blade's path. The cold steel easily sliced through the wet and weakened flesh, severing skin and muscle before clinging off the bone. Surprisingly though, as he made the slash, Dusk's magical grasp on the weapon weakened, nearly faltering to the point where the weapon would be loosed altogether. That however only lasted for a moment, and passed before the formerly sick pony fell to the ground with a wet thud.

Scarlet was still breathing rapidly for a few seconds after the body fell, but when it didn't move, her eyes shot back up and began looking at room numbers. She flew over the mess that used to be a couple ponies in her search, stopping near the end of the hallway with an excited gasp before she tore into the room. From the hallway, Dusk could hear the elation as the sisters were reunited, each one taking haphazard turns asking questions, answering them, and occasionally just laughing a little in relief. "Okay Mythic, we need to get you out of here."

"But Scarlet, my leg's still broken. How am I going to get anywhere" the older sister protested glumly.

"I don't care how, we'll figure that out along the way. It's like dad always said, plans just complicate things," Scarlet replied.

5th floor hallway:
The mare's screams leap around the piece of wood her teeth dug into and echo along the hallway as Silver worked with the broken leg. The process however goes reasonably smoothly as the mare barely moves her leg at all despite the obvious pain she's in. When it finishes and Silver asks her questions, the mare shakes her head from side to side, in far too much pain to physically say 'no'. The mare also hadn't let the piece of wood fall from her mouth yet, and she breathes shakily around it while her body trembles.

The other pony continues to remain in the state he was in when Silver discovered him. A slow but steady deep breathing that doesn't falter. While Silver was checking out that pony, the mare finally spits out the piece of wood and settles her pain crazed eyes on Silver with a pleading expression. "H-how are you going to ge- get us out of here? I ca- can't walk and you c- can't carry both of us," she says. "Y-you're not going to, to abandon us, are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:13 pm

5th Floor Hallway

"Abandon, no," Silver says. "Leave you briefly so I can get gurneys and safely move the two of you to a hospital or at least someplace where I'll have better medical instruments and drugs? Yes, I must." She reaches a hoof up to very lightly brush the mare's cheek in an attempt to comfort her. "I'll make sure the both of you are locked behind a good solid door where you'll be safe while I'm gone." She hesitates, thinking, and then nods a little. "I won't be able to carry both of you to the safe place, though, so I'll need to magically anesthetize your leg. Mildly--it'll still hurt some but won't be scream-inducing pain anymore--but it should make it bearable to move until I can get you to better accommodations. Normally the spell is very much not for this situation because pain is how your body makes you aware of injury, but under my close supervision, I can monitor your leg to make sure no further injury happens while you're less aware of the damage."

Silver kneels beside the leg, lighting her horn, and touches it to the mare's leg. The mare would immediately feel the pain fade to a dull persistent ache, still there but dialed down from an 11 to something closer to a 3. "Now rest as best you can and recover your breath while I quickly check the nearest rooms for somewhere that seems safe enough." With another light touch on the mare's cheek to reassure her, and another examination to ensure that the unconscious pony's condition remains stable, Silver starts using her keys where needed to check apartments, looking for places that have bedding in a usable state as well as the ability to close and lock interior doors, as well as apartments with the front door in good enough shape to lock. If she doesn't get the lockable interior doors, she picks the room closest to the injured ponies and returns. "I'll take you first, miss," she says. "Let's get you to your feet and you can lean against me and stay off the leg until I get you to the bed." She'd use legs and a touch more of magic to help the mare up and then help her stumble to a nearby apartment and lay down on an abandoned bed. She then goes back to the unconcious pony and taxes her magic somewhat to get him on her back with front hooves draped over her shoulders so she can carry him. When she gets to the bedroom, she gets help from the front hooves of the mare with a broken leg to get him onto the bed and check his breathing again.

Wtih all this done, Silver goes and collects the unconcious pony's teeth and puts on the leg pieces of her suit again and leaves the teeth in a new cup in the kitchen. "Keep a close eye on him," she says to the mare. "I wish I could tell you what to do if something goes wrong but... I fear there's not much _I_ could do and I'm a doctor. I'll close the bedroom door and lock the front door behind me and hurry back as soon as I possibly can." She swallows and sighs, going over to look the mare in the eyes. "I will return for you, I promise. If we're all fortunate, I'll return with what I need to properly help both of you, or at least get you somewhere that you can be helped."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Llumina decided to test the water. she slowly toke her mask off and held her breath while she steped into the water. She did not breath at all untill her gill slits were submerged. She keaped her eyes peled thu while this happened looking around her. Before she got all the way down thu she had a plastic bag and she put the mask inside the bag and used her magic to carry the mask. As soon as she was compleatly sumberged she tryed breathing slightly making sure everything felt all right. Sins llumina lived mostly in the deep parts of the ocean she could tell the differance in slinity that was in the water. A quick change would cause her to flee like any other fish so it was crushal that she felt everything was all right untill she could breath normally.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 pm

The guard’s all looked the same to Blue. It made complete sense. Just like there were traits natural to a noble, there was one's natural to one suited for guard work. The endless nuance of finding identifying features of the unremarkable didn’t merit much time to The Chosen One. “I could never distract any of you at such a busy time. I value your time and my own pride too much to reduce you to furniture removal. I am busy with a work related matter myself, more a voluntary endeavour. it has led me here.” He held the letter in front of him as proof he was not some cowardly noble seeking refuge. If he was met with doubt he’d remove it. His voice was smug, but that was the same every time he spoke. He spoke like he had every fact in the world all figured out. “I have something I need to present to the highest authority within the castle. It is about current events, so I’m afraid I cannot wait to a less busy time.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:57 am

Dusk was very surprised when his magical grip on his sword weakened when he struck, but he soon had it back in his grasp. He could worry about answering the question of why it happened later. He still felt bad that he had to kill the poor pony.

Upon hearing that Scarlet's sister only had a broken leg, he felt some hope for the two. He had feared her sister was among the infected. However, he had another decision to make. He could help the sisters, and the receptionist, escape since it seemed the hospital was becoming too dangerous, or he could stay in the hospital and try to handle what was going on.

He decided that could wait. For now, he could help the sisters get down to the lobby and warn the receptionist about what had happened. First, he made sure that sick pony was indeed dead by shoving his sword through an eye socket to the brain. The last thing he wanted was for it to somehow get back up. It was paranoid, he knew, but he thought that for once being paranoid was a good thing. Necromancy was a thing, or at least he assumed it was. With that, he passed by the two dead ponies to meet up with the sisters and said, "Well, I at least can help get you down to the lobby. After that... we'll see. For now, I'll carry her." Dusk then lowered his body to the ground so the injured sister, Mythic if he heard right, could get on his back with ease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:23 pm

At Garden Pond:
Llumina's attempt would be met with success as the breathable water filtered through her gills almost akin to a deep breath. It wasn't the absolute cleanest, but it wasn't toxic and it wasn't filled with chemicals either. The little fish that also occupied the pond swam frantically away from her when she first entered, but now they tentatively closed the gap and curiously swam next to her. Llumina would have a few moments of relative peace before a new sound reached her ears, or perhaps it was a lack of sound. The chaotic noise from the streets had died down almost completely.

The Castle Gates:
The guard scrutinized the letter for all the professionalism of a couple seconds before nodding to the other guard who nodded back in return. "Very well lord Blue, I'll show you right in," he said before escorting the noble and his servant into the castle proper. Down a couple hallways, up a couple flights of stairs, and past the royal throne room he was lead. Past guards, busy workers, and other castle staff until the guard pushed open a set of double door to reveal a room full of books and a slightly frazzled looking purple alicorn levitating 5 tomes around her while a 6th rested in her hooves. "I'm sorry to disturb you in your research princess Twilight, but Lord Blue has a letter accompanied with urgent business princess," the guard announced.

The princess twisted her head back to reveal some tired but determined looking eyes that looked Blue up and down. She seemed about to bark out some harsh command, but remembered her position and steadied herself. Smoothing out her coat and mane a little, Twilight stood with a shuffle of her wings and spoke. "Well met lord Blue, what business is it you have? I would also ask that you speak quickly as I've still lots of research to conduct."

The two sisters shared a look as Dusk entered and made his offer. Scarlet smiled almost mischievously while Mythic looked a little more apprehensive. "Does he?" Mythic quietly asked, but to which Scarlet shook her head which drew out a sigh from Mythic. "Alright, help me onto his back Scarlet," Mythic said as she pushed herself up as much as she could with her good hooves. With Scarlet's assistance, it didn't take much to get the little white unicorn with a green and purple mane and tail onto Dusk's back. Scarlet took point then and dashed over to the hallway where she looked up and down the halls.

"Things look clear, let's go!" Scarlet said before taking off down the hallway on her wings, reaching the stairs in barely a second and just tearing down them.

Mythic let out another sigh from Dusk's back. "Yeah, she's always been kinda like that, I hope she didn't drive you too crazy."

Canterlot Hotel:
The mare grunted, groaned, and cried a little as she was moved to the bed, though she was able to suppress most of it thanks to the pain relief of Silver's spell. The unconscious pony however did nothing of the sort, and more or less rag-dolled onto the bed with the leg broken mare's help. The mare nodded her understanding about what Silver was asking and saying to her, and when she turned to leave, the mare watched her go with hope for Silver's safe return.

As for Silver, the trip down to the lobby would be it's own mess as the stairs were covered with the signs of the struggling. There were discarded suitcases, bent railings, blood, teeth, and even a couple broken stair planks that while slightly detrimental, didn't absolutely impede her progress down to the first floor. Almost surprising that she didn't find any bodies along the trek, but the stairs did go on further down than the first floor and the lights further down seemed to be out, potentially hiding any bodies that might have fallen all the way down in the panic. The lobby itself seemed rather devoid of most things. Chairs, tables, and pretty much all other furniture that had been in the lobby were either destroyed or dragged out and down the street. In the immediate space there didn't appear to be much of anything, but just past the doors was a medical carriage still parked next to the hotel's entrance, it's contents hidden by the angle it was at that didn't fully permit sight into the van.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:48 pm

It was only natural that the guards yielded to the noble. He gave a weak smile to the guard to show he was happy with the outcome, relieved almost. Of course, he would never ruin his reputation with such a lie. He kept pace with the guard while keeping the composure that was suited to one within the walls. His eyes glanced the throne room as he passed, but he didn’t slow. “Thank you,” Blue nodded to the guard. “I will be able to see myself out when I am done.” What could harmless old Blue do to the princess anyway?

“Your highness.” The Chosen One, being a noble, thought better of making any comment about Twilight’s appearance. It would be unhelpful to his cause and he didn’t hold any ill will towards her. He bowed his head as he began to speak, but refrained from a full bow in the interest of time. “I am unaware as to how much amusement you gain from irony, but it is in the interest of keeping you at your important work that I disturb you. I have a task from Princess Luna.” He rested the letter in front of the princess, but kept it within his magic. He would be needing it to show to others around after all. “She wishes for me to look after the management of the castle, and to observe and help within the city using its resources. I think she may be hoping I fall ill and bother her no more after this.” It was a jest, but also a serious concern of the stallion from his voice. “I would, of course, be powerless to fulfil this favour without the blessing of the highest authority in the castle. She was clear that I would be the subordinate.” As he concluded, he let his eyes fall on the books that she was reading, if it was possible for a mortal to read so many at once.

“I used to be an academic librarian.” He hummed at the memory, he leaned and his posture became warmer than it would normally be. “It was a little before your time, but I still know how to research. If you think the answer can be found in a book, then I would ask you let me assist you at some point, princess. if only to give you rest.” He kept his avenues to realising his destiny open. Halting an epidemic would be a very noble task. With the princess at the helm, it was an almost assured success anyway. It might be able to get him into history classes of the future, which would be a step to greater things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Llumina breathed in closing her eyes in bliss "This is not salt water but it will have to do i supose." she said with a slight grin. Slowly she opened her eyes and she toke notice of the lack of sound "wonder if everyone got to wear they needed to be.." she said trailing of while taking a look around her making sure she looked around the small pond mostly because it was instinctive to do so (in a way making sure the area was totally clear and also knowing how deep the pond was. She growled slightly at the fish around her bearing her sharp teeth before swimming to do the so called search through of the small pond.

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:05 pm

"We didn't even converse all that much," Dusk said as he stood up with Mythic on his back. He found her rather light, meaning he could probably function normally if he had to carry her for an extended period. He soon continued saying, "Plus, I have a brother that I consider worse than your sister. Can't seem to get his mind out of the gutter. Anyway, if you can't take disturbing sights, I suggest closing your eyes now. The hallway's a mess.

Whether or not she closed her eyes, Dusk would exit the room and head for the stairs he came up from. Once there, he'd head down and back to the lobby, hoping the receptionist was still there and that another guard was present. He did not want to be the only guard for the hospital.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Canterlot Hotel
Silver remains calm and evenly-paced as she leaves the room just long enough to close the door... and then she starts to move. Not fast enough to endanger her down the stairs, but certainly as fast as she can safely travel. Her frantic pace is driven at least partly by remembering seeing an open vent, and also remembering the nurse's story of being attacked by a patient. In the back of her mind, she's vividly aware that she left two entirely helpless ponies in the room above her, and just thinking on it causes her mind's eye to paint a terrifying image of the helpless mare crying and trying to flatten herself against a wall as something advances on her... and Silver puts on a fresh burst of speed as she gets to the ground floor and pauses just long enough to see the promising sight of the medical carriage before whipping out the Y-bar and heading at it, using a shoulder check to open the hotel door and go to the side of the van. Breathing heavily, she backs away from the van several paces and sidesteps her way to a better view inside, desperately hoping for medical supplies or at bare minimum some gurneys or other devices she can use to get the two ponies out safely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Fri May 06, 2016 10:54 pm

The garden pond:
Llumina wouldn't have much room to swim about, meaning her little search would be very brief since there was barely even enough room to circle. The pool was only a few feet deep in the deepest part and maybe 6 feet across at it's longest point. Outside the fenced in backyard and pond, the silence reigned on. The little fish in the pond swam away quickly from Llumina, but it wouldn't be long before they were casually swimming around her again, partially because of short memory and partially because Llumina took up almost half the pond.

Royal Archives:
Princess Twilight nodded to the bow in acceptance but that seemed to be where the end of formalities was to be established. "Great, the princesses said I would be getting an assistant, but honestly I wasn't expecting them to show up until tomorrow if at all. Given the circumstances Lord Blue, I do hope you don't take offence if I start just referring to you with your first name. Twilight will be fine to be used to address me as well, at least when not in the public's eyes," Twilight spoke quickly but with sharp and clean words. "And yes, it would be grand if the answer were just hiding in one of these books, but I've already checked all the records on every known natural disease to have ever assaulted the nation, everything from the common cold to cutie-pox, and even a few rarer diseases, but none are a match for this. I'm currently working my way through potential artificially created, magical afflictions, but they're not organized by that. So what I immediately need you to take care of would be to join me in going through each and every threat that has ever risen against Equestria, and see if they had any kind of magically created disease or affliction that matches the symptoms. You can start at the most recent and work back and then we'll meet somewhere in the middle of Equestria's timeline," Twilight said with a clear determination and focus that honestly fit the crown atop her head.

With a point, she aimed her hoof towards the the far end of a smaller bookshelf for Blue to start his work on. "Oh, and you'll need this too. It's a list of all recorded symptoms, and it's not for the feint of heart or the general public," Twilight stated sternly without looking up from her current book. An unrolled scroll was levitated over to Blue and on it's brown surface were the neat hoofwork of the princess's script. The usual symptoms were there of course, the bloody cough, the sores, the death, but then there was so much more information. Deformations on the bone, a strange alien rot that after deteriorating the skin and flesh, use of the leftover material in reconstructive purposes, magically resistant to outright immune, abnormalities along the brain, transitional transformations of the virus, reanimation... The horrid details just went on and on in an almost disturbing level of clarity.

Mythic didn't close her eyes, in fact she didn't even seem as phased as Scarlet had about the body. Speaking of which, Scarlet was ahead of the group and when Dusk arrived downstairs, he could see her trying to talk to the receptionist. "Listen lady, things are going crazy and if you don't get out of here soon, you'll wind up dead."

"Miss, I'm sure your exaggerating, it ca- Ah, there you are Dusk. Could you please help in calming or restraining our most recent guest here? She seems to think that the patients are going to try and eat me or something, but they're all bedridden and can barely move," the receptionist said aloud, the last bit more directed at Scarlet who rolled her eyes with some annoyance.

Canterlot Hotel:
As Silver creeps around the edge of the medical carriage, more stock is added to her suspicions for being wary. Blood pools on the ground near the back of the covered carriage, and bloody prints seemed smeared along the open back door. When she finally gets around enough to see though, there's no source. The back of the carriage is a mess for sure, but there's no body laying or otherwise among the remains of the medical equipment. With the perceived threat gone for at least the moment, Silver is free to step forward and claim the abandoned medical gear which seems to mainly consist of a magical defibrillator (intended for non-unicorns who couldn't just make a shock magically.), a doctors emergency first aid kit, and some still unused surgical tubing and needles. There's also a single intact gurney leaning against the side of the carriage, another is present but it's nearly snapped in half and two of the wheels are broke entirely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 am

Llumina finally feals everything is safe and holds her breath as she lifts her head from the center of the pond and looks outside. She scans the area from where she stood. She wondered if she should stay in the pond and go back to the ocean. She sighed slowly as she thought for a moment. She slowly decended once again and landed on some algea. She snuggled inside it and sighed once again. "There has to be a reason for this strange disses to be going on about, maybe it was previously an experament of some sort..." She wondered as she at the same time was attentive twords the outside.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun May 08, 2016 11:06 am

“Yes, Twilight.” There was an awkward pause like he was speaking in a foreign tongue. “I understand that the expedient exchange of information is important enough to forgo formalities for in a time like this.” The Chosen One understood the need for the proper address in front of others, however, in case they got the wrong idea about their relationship. He shared the determination, knowing that two great minds had a greater chance of solving things sooner. It was fate that they stayed behind and met each other, only good things could follow when fate guided Blue.

He didn't have a country, but he certainly had his own group to shelter. He had to make sure they were cared for. “My good friend,” Blue called to his companion, the noble’s foresight shining through as he now had a task for the doorpony. “Could you please make the arrangements to begin moving those under my care into the safety of this building?” Once he was gone, Blue began with the work ahead of him. He'd been reading before he was properly walking, and though the content would likely be dry, at least it was modern material. He held no envy for prince-Twilight going through the older volumes.

The Chosen One almost allowed the lump that formed in his throat as he read the list of the most extreme symptoms. The fact there was so much variation too would make it harder to identify. “Have you seen these things with your own eyes?” If he wasn't already in the middle if reading the first of the books he might have choked on his words. It was not something a nice young lady should see, given that even he didn't want to see it. “Do you think this is a weapon let loose on Equestria in preparation for an invasion?” He didn't wish to bother the prin-Twilight too much, but he was capable of reading and talking at the same time, even if he spoke slower and sounded distracted. Theories were important, though he also understood well the reasons not to jump to conclusions when it came to medical matters. “Do we have any foreign records to search through? It might be difficult with the quarantine, but it could be a something simple a tourist brought with them that adapted to Equestria in an unfortunate way…” He also had an idea on how to find the virus when it was in the air, but it was only a half-baked idea at this point. Maybe history held a clue that could fill the gaps in his idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun May 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Dusk didn't want to scare the receptionist, but he also didn't want to lie. With a sigh, he soon said, "I wish she was exaggerating. Some of the patients seem to be exhibiting... monstrous behavior. I had to put one down for the safety of everypony else." Dusk then came right up to the desk to make sure he had the attention of the receptionist. "Now, has anypony else come down? And has any word from anypony come from upstairs?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sat May 14, 2016 3:56 am

Canterlot Hotel

Silver swallows nervously as she scoots around the edge of the carriage, and then relaxes as she sees that there's no body laying there, nor a grievously injured and possibly dying pony abandoned. With no surprise patient or threat to divert her, she loads as much medical supplies as can be safely fit into her saddlebags, then pulls the gurney out of the back of the carriage. "I suppose that in a pinch, I can carry the unconscious one by draping him over me," she says aloud, knowing perfectly well that no one is there to hear. Her objective achieved, Silver turns back to the hotel, levels her y-bar, and goes back inside at a change of pace, a change that would look almost panicked to anyone watching. As much as part of her realizes that her fear for the helpless ponies she left is probably not rational, the idea that she might have left them defenseless before something dangerous speeds her hooves to the elevator and if it works, she ride up stomping her hooves nervously and anxiously before making a beeline for the room, fearing the worst and hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun May 15, 2016 4:55 am

The garden pond:
Llumina would have a fairly relaxing time of sorts, especially so given the situation happening all around the tranquil little pond. At least for a short time. Llumina's little rest would be interrupted by the sounds of splintering wood and shattering glass. From one of the windows of the building the yard belonged to, burst open from a piece of furniture launched through it. A second later came a couple ponies, one littered with jewelry and the other was busy levitating out a small chest overflowing with silverware. "Pretty grand hall from this one, think we should clear out the rest of the block?"

"Why not, not like they're going to keep any of this stuff," the other one replied, apparently having not noticed Llumina's presence. They were slowly moving out of the house through the busted window and then towards the neighboring fence.

Royal Archives:
The doorpony gave but a single nod and then wandered off to take care of his latest errand.

"Regrettably yes, I was with the initial examination team who saw to the poor souls rescued from the sea, the first infected. Even more regrettably was the loss of almost all of that first examination team because they underestimated how contagious the virus could be," Twilight responded to the first question without looking up from her own research. The second question was also answered in such a way. "I don't believe any nation is purposely behind this, in fact I hold rather high doubt that any other nation could be behind this. The speed at which this plague goes from initial infection to death is simply too short for any nation connected to us by sea to feasibly send infected to our shores and arrive in the state they did. No, this is something that must have been contracted while the group was out at sea, most likely even on their way back to shore. Not to mention that the dangers this thing presents upon a populace are so great that an invasion would be little more than walking an army into it's own doom. The rate of infection is at one hundred percent, any living fauna is capable of becoming infected and all have displayed the same horrid symptoms. We've even a confirmed case of this disease working on a changeling."

That final question though got her to look up and over to him briefly. "As bitter as it is to say, we're lucky that there's no doubt this plague came from the crew that washed up on the shore of Trottingham. The subsequent outbreak can exclusively be traced back to improper handling of those infectious first few when how infectious and dangerous this plague was unknown. Again, we're lucky that we've caught it when we did otherwise all of Equestria would likely be in a much graver state than we face now," Twilight said with a grave stricken face. It was hardened and cold, but even that facade couldn't completely hide the sorrow and worry that no doubt filled the princesses mind. "That's why we're searching even the oldest archives for anything of this nature, possibly to even see if there was a nation that was also wiped out by this nightmare." With that Twilight's head bowed back towards the book and she began to tear through it's pages with renewed voracity.

The receptionist was left stammering by the answer she got, her eyes wide with fear as she eyed Dusk's weapon. "N-n-no, no one's mentioned anything, and no one's come down yet," she stammered out still looking terrified. "What's going on, sh-should we start evacuating the hospital?"

"Probably," Scarlet announced from the front door that she was half out of. "In fact all of us should be getting out of here as soon as we can."

"Scarlet, don't," Mythic chimed in then. "These ponies are doing what they have to, to save as many lives as they can."

"Buh, but, grrr- why do you have to always be right?"

"Because I'm the oldest," Mythic replied almost smugly. "Though my sister is kind of right, you should at least issue some kind of warning to everyone to take a lot of extra care, maybe even carry some means of self defense against more... unruly patients," Mythic added

"Th- thi- this can't. Dusk, is this for real? Are the patients really getting that violent?"

Canterlot Hotel:
Getting the supplies proved as easy as it appeared for Silver, with all of them managing to fit on the gurney without spilling over or even taking up all the space. Plus with the hotel lobby more or less empty of others, the gurney was pretty easy to move through and towards the elevator. A few dings show that the elevator was still operational and started moving steadily to the first floor. As the doors slid open though, a body that had been leaning against them suddenly fell halfway out of the elevator. The body was obviously dead, showing absolutely no signs of life but clear signs of infection. The horrid sores coupled with profuse bleeding practically covered the pony and the bloody hoof prints within the elevator that partially matched the hoof prints on the body showed that it'd also been at least partially trampled, but whether or not this was before or after the pony had died would remain a mystery.

Aside from that though, the elevator seemed to be in perfect working order and Silver was able to take it back to the floor where she'd left the injured ponies. The door was still shut when she arrived, though there was a blood smear across it, but it's source was no where to be seen in the hallway. Inside the room were still both ponies, the unconscious one hadn't moved from where she'd laid him, but the mare with the broken leg had moved as far away from the door as she could while still being on the bed, eyes wide with fright. "O-oh, it's just you," she said while letting out a sigh of relief. "Somepony was out there, I think, they sounded really sick but they only growled when I asked if they were okay."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun May 15, 2016 9:16 am

Llumina slowly rose from the deapths. She heald her breath just in case. She looked at them and she sighed "I hadened imagened it would be so had that ponys would start looting houses." She shruged not really wanting to do anything. However she did speak once but hid slightly out of view just in case. "Hello, can anyone of you ponys possably tell me what is happening at this moment?" She said with sinserity.

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon May 16, 2016 3:18 am

"Unfortunately, yes," Dusk simply said to answer the Receptionist's question. With no word from anypony else, the likelihood of there being no pony left to help seemed to increase. Still, he had a job to do. And for the sake of the receptionist, he'd give her one. "We should at least prepare to evacuate as many uninfected patients as we can from the hospital. Controlling the infected patients may be too difficult with so few healthy ponies here. We'll need a cart at the front entrance and want you to get one," Dusk said to the receptionist, "After that, come back inside and stay in the lobby in case a staff member or another guard comes down. Right now, I need a list of all the uninfected patients that were admitted here and their room numbers. Scarlet and I will go floor by floor to get them out."

Dusk then turned his head to Mythic, who was still on his back, and said, "That just leaves you. I'd rather not leave you unattended without somepony who could carry you out without issue."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Wed May 18, 2016 7:20 am

Blue frowned and shook his head without looking up from. He then gave a stifled laugh to show how convinced he was of what he was going to say. “From these descriptions there is nothing fortunate about this whole situation. I refuse to be thankful for a plague coming upon us in any form. A bad thing not being at its worst is not the same as a good thing. A cure, and the relief on the faces of ponies is a good, fortunate thing. A simple cough could not ever dream to bring this city to its knees. A fact I shall repeat ad infinitum. horrors a second time.” Whatever horror there was to be had in the current situation, he chose to ignore it and proceed with his usual confidence in all things.

There was a gap of silence that was used to formulate thoughts as well as make progress into the reading list. “I think if they walked in full bio gear and had a way to scrub the air clean it would be a massive undertaking, but it could work.” Blue liked that theory. It meant there was already a way to deal with things that was out there. That was worthy of calling fortunate.

Blue didn't feel like he was making much progress with his reading even if he was tearing through the words with purpose; the purpose being to become The Chosen One. “You are the magically inclined pony to ask, Twilight,” He'd already gotten over his reservations about ignoring her title and was enjoying it. Other princesses would surely disapprove of their budding friendship, which was desert to him. “But is there any way to detect it in the air without following the horrors it leaves behind? I have an idea that is not a nice or long term solution, but could provide more time.” He sounded more nervous than usual with a twinge in his voice. He buried himself deep into the books to hide how much he disliked talking about uncertainties.

“If we can detect high concentrations of it in air we can attach a tracer to it. I think everypony would know to stay away from the red fog. We can set up a sacrificial district, a quarantined area within a quarantined area. Then we just blow as much of it as we can into there. I think it would ease ponies if they saw steps being taken. Maybe you should also show yourself in person at some point to ponies. I would have been very forgiving of the thought that we had been abandoned had I not been brought here. Forgive me for saying you don't have the same presence as your fellows, but you have proven yourself to have excellent skills when it comes to crisis resolution.” He hoped that some of what he said would soften the princess up. Stress and tiredness would only slow their reading down. “I felt better once I saw you on the case.” He added the last little part as a lie. He was willing to adapt though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue May 24, 2016 12:53 am

Canterlot Hotel

Silver actually jumps and gives a distressed neigh of surprise when the dead body that had been leaning against the doors falls out. "Oh dear..." she says as she uses a hoof to gently move the body out of the elevator, doing her best to roll it over to a spot next to a chair, out of the way so it won't be accidentally trampled further. With as much compassion as she can manage on such a short schedule paid to the unfortunate, she continues into the elevator and then out of it at a change of pace. She smiles as she enters the room, doing her very best to look chipper and confident. "Well, I didn't encounter the pony so perhaps they were able to stumble down the stairs as I was coming up in the elevator and are moving towards some kind of help." Silver herself didn't believe this for a moment, and she didn't think that the mare would buy it either, but she felt that the words needed to be said, for no other reason than to offer the patient a thin reed of hope to lean on.

"Now, I think we need to get the two of you out of here and to proper medical attention," she continues. "I found some good supplies but nothing that I'd bet any life on; in such a dangerous environment, I just refuse to take a chance on the instruments being properly sterile unless I was somehow able to sear and wash them So here's what we're doing to do: pad this gurney as much as possible, make it as comfortable as we can for you, and I guide it while you sit and try to support the unconscious gentlepony using your good legs. I'm not sure of what else to do: you're only mobile in the sense that you can stumble through in terrible pain and he's completely insensible. So let's get the pair of you loaded up and get to safety." She once again checks on the unconscious one, making sure he's breathing and seems otherwise stable, before stripping pillows and cushions from their respective furniture and helping the crippled pony into the gurney, getting her comfortable before getting the unconscious one into the gurney and leaning against her uninjured parts. Satisfied, she gets in front of the gurney with her Y-bar at the ready and starts to carefully pull it out of the room and to the elevator, doing her best not to jostle the injured and conscious pony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   

Back to top Go down

By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next