A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

PostSubject: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:45 pm

As the magical projection disappeared, the panic of the citizens began. Guards who'd been trying to restrict the flow of traffic either abandoned their posts or were overran as the masses tried to surge towards the exits. The mass exodus from the city center to the base of the mountain had begun. A lot of the traffic especially seemed to be rushing towards the train station. Overhead a few ponies seemed to be trying to ignore the restriction of flying traffic as they flew their small airship towards the edge of the quarantine zone.

The Mix's room, room 507:
Despite the noise of the message, Silver still stood more or less alone in the room. The body of Mrs. Mix didn't stir, no doors opened to reveal the other members of the Mix family. The same couldn't be said for outside the room for even as far in as she was, Silver could hear the doors of other rooms slamming open and the residents rapidly clogging up the hallway as they fought to get to the stairs. Coughing filled the space almost as much as the yelling and even screaming.

Entrance to the Hotel:
On the streets, Llumina would be facing a similar scene as ponies began tearing down the streets however they could. Carriages quickly became hopelessly jammed in tight spaces and junction points, so the ponies were mostly running, walking, or even dragging themselves down the streets. A few scraps of fighting would break out when one tried to force their way through the crowd, only to get shoved back. Behind her, the doors of the hotel suddenly opened but it wasn't the sure to be growing crowd of people that would be surging down any minute, it was a single pony with a bandaged foreleg and a doctor's outfit. Rather than go with the crowd down the street, she cut across and almost dove into an alleyway.

Canterlot General Hospital:
Dusk's position would be sparred the almost immediate overrun that many of the other guards suffered as not too many were able to charge out of the hospital and even fewer seemed to actually want to get in. That being said a great many of the doctors, nurses, and other guards who'd been stationed there were bolting as per the words of the message. There was however one mare wearing a doctor's face mask who was determinedly approaching the entrance to the hospital. She seemed rather determined to head directly into the hospital.

Noble district, near the castle:
The streets Blue wandered were less crowded, but no less chaotic as the few nobles who were still here scrambled to pack as much of their fortunes, heritage, or both into elaborate carriages as they could, or well they were screaming at their help to do so with goads towards the faster we finish the sooner they're safely outside the quarantine. Even his own help had been rather adamant in their suggestions of him packing his own things and leaving the city, but whether this was because of true care for him, or for their own safety from the infection would remain a mystery. Directly in front of Blue's path though, one servant's grip on a large painting slipped and the piece fell to the ground where it's frame cracked and splintered, tearing the picture inside a little bit. The noble who Blue would recognize as a Missus Inlay, almost immediately began berating the servant for his clumsiness as the others wordlessly continued their work. "And when we leave, you can just stay here and watch the mansion," she said midway through her rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Dusk was silently glad he wasn't out in the streets. Panicking ponies were some of the most dangerous ponies to deal with. His armor didn't match that of the guard, being uncolored steel to show that he wasn't an official guard. He figured as long as ponies needed the hospital and doctors were still helping out, he'd stay. It was a big risk for him as he was more likely to become infected than the guards wearing hazmat suits, especially since he was placed in the lobby where the infected were coming in.

Upon seeing the mare approach the Hospital, Dusk thought it'd be best to ask what she needed help with, or better yet if she was here to help. He stepped out of the front doors of the hospital and said, "Need help with something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Blue’s eyes were upward. The Chosen One looked towards the vacant palace. The princesses had cleared from it at least. Blue would have placed good money on the fact that they were terrified of it. It made sense they would run now. This was a tragedy in their words, but in his mind it was an opportunity. He had the chance to make the city his, making the princesses seem like the cowards he knew them to be. That started now. He needed to look like he could protect those left behind and who chose to stay, to do that he needed ponies that were not easily cowed. He wasn't going to force anypony to stay that he could not convince.

His ears were still very much minding the streets. It hurt him a little on the inside to see and hear the painting tear. Blue hadn't given thought to the casualties that art might suffer in the panic. Still, he had a vested interest in making sure a better candidate was chosen to guard the home. Having more competent ponies so close to home would only be a boon to him. And so, The Chosen One moved to advise Missus Inlay that she may be making an error in who she chose to leave behind. “Is that really a task you would wish to entrust to the clumsy? This crisis may place great strain on the city and its civility. Would it not be best to leave one you feel more confident in to stay behind to ensure you have a place to return to once things are over? It is not just the common pony that may be a worry. Another family may use this as an opportunity to degrade you.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Llumina looked at the pony which almost in a way umped into the allyway. She looked at the panich and sighed. "S-so.. its that bad hu?" she said. She wondered if breathing underwater would harm her as well. She looked around to find a pony who could help her answer that question. Once that question would be answered she would than decide on what to do next.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:55 pm

The Mix's Room, Room 507

Silver sighs and bows her head. "And so the panic begins," she says quietly to the (literally) dead room. "I can't imagine what Their Majesties were thinking, projecting an announcement to everyone at once, telling them that all hope is lost and that they're abandoning the city." She smirks sadly. "Not that Princess Sparkle said that, but that's what everypony here heard. I doubt that the quarantine line is even porous; it's not as if telling the doomed to be calm and offering them false hope is completely unknown or even out of line. The real question is... how to get to the line to check if leaving the city is even possible?" She looks down at Missus Mix and shakes her head. "I'd continue on my rounds but I doubt anyone who needs my help is still in their rooms or if they are, I doubt they're in any condition to be helped if they physically can't join the desperate attempt to escape. I guess the best thing to do now is to lock the door and wait for the rush to subside." And this is precisely what she does, locking the door and then standing by with the Y-bar in case somepony outside tries to batter their way in, or the nurse's story of a crazed patient earlier happened to be true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:11 am

Fifth floor hallway:
With the door shut, Silver would be spared the onrush of ponies that quickly filled the hallway, though she could still hear a good bit of the yelling, shoving and that dreaded coughing. The erratic thuds of ponies impacting with the doors, walls, and each other provided a constant base tone to all the other noise, creating almost a song of panic and sickness. Inside the room though, Silver was experiencing all this through the buffer that was not only the wall and door, but also her suit. The room itself was also still dark aside from the stream of light coming in through the open window.

In front of the hotel:
Llumina wouldn't have any shortage of ponies to ask, but most didn't seem too concerned with answering her right now. There was a semi-steady string of ponies that were all rushing down the street right now. The lobby behind her was mostly clear for the moment, aside from the receptionist who was now quite quickly approach the front door, apparently sharing the same intention of trying to flee to the gate with the rest of the majority.

"I'm getting my big sister out of this hospital and then we're leaving this city," the yellow pony with red scaled wings said as she approached the hospital. "And you're not going to stop me," she said as her eyes began to glow red and the shadow below her condensed before reaching up to her wings. She then spread her wings to reveal large black wingblades along the edge of her wings.

In front of the Inlay Mansion:
"Hmph, so the good lord Blue hasn't evacuated yet either. Perhaps you were hoping to perform in a little of this degrading you speak of?" Mrs. Inlay replied as her attention quickly turned away from the almost cowering servant. "Either way, I appreciate your warning but I plan to leave nothing behind aside from the abode itself. If some poor peasant seeks anything in this manor to gain a hoof up in the world, they'll be sorely disappointed," she went on with an arrogant smirk. "Besides, I've more than enough favors and supplies to ensure that my next abode whether temporary or permanent will be at least as grand as this one. Now back to packing and be more careful or you won't just be left here, you'll be chained to the front door!" Mrs. Inlay said threateningly back to the servants again.

Last edited by Zen on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:40 am

Llumina looked at the pony coming twords the entrance. "I-I know your in a big rush but, if it wouldnt be to much trouble, could you possably tell me where exactly are we supposed to go. I do understand we can not exsit the city... If thats what your thinking." She says as the pny got closer as she guessed thats what everyones trying to do. "Oh and one more question, would you happen to know if there is a large body of water still inside the city?" She said knowing more or less that the answer would probably be no because this was a city and why would a lake or even a river be anywear near the city?

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 am

“I could never engage in such things. And even if my pride was so low as to allow it, I have greater enemies, though none are still present in the city. That said, the glory of my family will not allow me to just sit and watch things unfold from afar. Of course, this is cause for an armistice, and in all of her wisdom, the princess Luna sent me a missive entrusting the stewardship of the castle to me.” The Chosen One had the misfortune of missing every crisis and incident to befall the city. He'd been robbed of many chances, but not this time. He smiled, confident of his own safety. “You should think of pride also. A scratch on any home you have owned is a scratch to your legacy. This city had been through much, and I feel a cough will not bring it to its knees.” He bowed respectfully, just to show he was sincere in his advice and in his sentiments she would be safe. He wasn't going to wish ill on anypony. “Surely a lady such as yourself does not own such horrible things as chains? Regardless, I wish you luck wherever you go.’ He made a note to come back to the house at some point to see if she lived up to her threat.

Blue rose from his bow and once again began his walk towards the castle. Unless there was anypony he saw a chance of convincing anypony that was undecided, he'd just have a quick circle around the place to see what staff remained. The stores and secure position would be very helpful to him if it was only scarcely occupied. It would perhaps be looting, but he was sure the princesses would condone some redistribution of wealth. What was the last tax they had been made to pay? What was the expenditure of laying siege to a city of sick and civiillains for an indefinite length? He thought more as to why he was right as he walked.

Last edited by Chowatron on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:07 pm

"I see," Dusk simply responded to the belligerent mare at the moment. Clearly this was a time to think rationally, so he forced down the urge to draw his own weapon. He didn't know if this mare's sister was one of the infected or not, but if she was, he wasn't sure he should try to stop that. The remaining doctors and guards might disagree with letting her take her sister, but this mare was willing to resort to violence.

After a bit of thinking, Dusk then said, "I may as well take you up to her room then, just please don't threaten the doctors. There should be a list of patients on the receptionist counter."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Fifth Floor Hallway
Silver sighs and leans wearily against a wall as she listens to the panic, the fear, and the pain outside the door. I want to go out to them, but what good could I do in such a press? I'd be nearly trampled, crushed against the wall, and unable to help until their fear subsided... not that it will. Not that it should. Oh, Princesses... what could you have been thinking? How could you not have foreseen that the announcement, delivered the way it was, would terrify and hurt your little ponies? She specifically avoided thinking about the most obvious answer: that Canterlot was doomed, the Princesses believed it to be so, and they had more pressing concerns than the well-being of doomed ponies in a doomed city. She brushed against the thought in the back of her mind, but ignored it; it wasn't time for that thought.

At least not yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:46 am

In front of the Hotel:
The flabbergasted receptionist reluctantly stops to Llumina's questions, fixing her with a questioning look that borders upon disbelief before she looks towards the city gates. "Ju-just as the announcement said. We've got to get to the base of the mountain we're on before a week is up," she stammered out frantically looking up and down the street at the mass of ponies that were busy trying to go in that very direction. "And ye-yeah, there's a pond in one of the parks or the castle gardens and the stream that feeds the waterfall, but that current's really strong. I'm sorry but I.. I gotta go," the receptionist says before turning about and trying to flee down the streets with the rest of the ponies.

While the parks might be a bit of a hunt to find, the castle garden would no doubt be near the castle which was easily visible.

At the Inlay's:
Mrs. Inlay looks beyond skeptical as Blue claims to possess such a missive, but said nothing more and merely 'hmphed' before going back to directing the servants. "You should leave Blue, if they've left then they are probably scared, and they didn't even leave when the changelings invaded. Somethings different this time," she said dismissively in between commands.

Leaving the Inlay's residence, Blue's inspection of the other houses filling the Noble's district of residency would reveal that pretty much all that he passed had already evacuated. As the castle itself loomed into view, it might honestly come to Blue's surprise that there was still a full guard posted at the shut front gates standing as stalwart as if nothing was going on.

The mare looked at Dusk with obvious distrust but the wing blades disappeared all the same, just seeming to fade out all together. "Alright, but you lead the way, I don't want you out of my sight," the young mare demanded further. Inside the hospital there was only a single receptionist at the front desk but she looked ready to bolt from her station at the drop of a hat. When the two went in, she looked up and with a shaky voice said, "oh thank goodness you're still here Dusk. I've got calls from what must be half the rooms with pleas for help with unruly and struggling patients and... and who's she?"

"My name's Scarlet, I'm looking for my sister, Mythic Sketch. What room is she in?" The no longer mystery mare replied.

"I can... check?" the mare replied questioningly with a look towards Dusk to see if it was going to be okay.

The Mix's room, #507:
There was no given answer to Silver's unasked questions, and while she leaned against the door, the only visible corpse did nothing. A few hours passed and eventually the sounds of shoving and yelling stopped while the sounds of coughing just dulled. It would seem that the worst of the rush had moved on to lower floors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:39 am

Llumina looked watched as the pony franticly left the area. "Grate, now the only question is which is safer? Go were everyone is going or go in the stream... " She pondered for a moment and than she desided to go were everyone is going. She did not want to take any chances that the stream could be infected withought someone being sure about it. she hopped up and flaped her wings. She wobbled a little and hovered right above where everyone was going. She fallowed the croud slowly. She knew where the area of the casle was and so she stayed twords that area just in case she needed to have a plan B.

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Dusk did as Scarlet requested and went up to the receptionist desk in front of her. When the receptionist turned to him for confirmation, he simply nodded. It was better that this was done sooner than later, especially if there were so many unruly patients. He briefly wondered how many guards left their posts when the announcement came out, but set that aside. That wasn't his concern right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Blue was not going to take the advice, despite however many rational arguments came his way. Fate had a way of making things work for the best if helped, and that is what The Chosen One would do. The guards would be no problem if they believed him. They were going to be trapped too after all, though in a much better position if they could keep the sickness out. He feigned forgetfulness and shook his head before turning homeward. He needed the fine tools and ingredients of his craft to create the letter he claimed he possessed. Of course, once again, what he planned to do was rather illegal, but he was breaking the law for the sake of conserving it. He considered his wording carefully. Thinking in the words of the princess he loathed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:51 pm

The Mix's Room

By the time the sounds of the frantic rush have ended, Silver is wearily leaning against a wall, the constant vigilance draining, and her y-bar is resting against the same wall at an angle such that it can be quickly brought to bear. It's a few minutes after the cessation of the rush that she blinks and returns to complete awareness. "OK, time to get going then," she says to the still-dead space nearest her. Picking up the y-bar, she turns the lock on the door and cautiously opens it, keeping the restraint instrument between herself and the opening. She then steps forward, pauses to wait for sounds or movement, and then takes another step forward, repeating this pattern until she can lean forward and look up and down the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Canterlot streets:
Llumina would be faced with a crossroads almost immediately as she took to the air. All of the crowd that was moving was in fact moving away from the castle that sat more or less at the center of the city, near the peak of the mountain, and towards the proposed exits at the base of the mountain. Granted her even slightly aerial position would grant her a bit more sight ahead and reveal that the exits were especially clogged with ponys of all kinds scrambling to go towards the same exits at roughly the same time. She could even spy why the crowd was only seemingly making it so far down this street anyways. It appeared that someponies were trying to use carts to transport more of their belongings and when three of them had tried to use the same exit at the same time, they'd become hopelessly wedged in the street fairly thoroughly blocking ponies from exiting. Plus with all the ponies trying to force their way through, the cart owners weren't able to back any of their carts up to potentially let anyone through.

Also from this aerial position, Llumina would catch another glimpse of the doctor pony she'd seen, the one that had barreled down the alleyway instead of going with the rest of the crowd. The doctor had kept running forward, cutting directly across the following street and into the alleyway beyond.

Blue's manor:
Blue wouldn't be stopped by anypony as he wandered the mostly deserted streets of the noble's district. Impressive building after impressive building appeared dark and abandoned, some even had their doors and windows boarded up. There were 2 other exceptions that he'd spy on his return, nobles in the same kind of situation as the Inlays who were just scrambling to get the last of their valuables packed up before leaving. Blue's own dwellings also reflected this abandoned state to a slight extent. There'd simply been a lack of the usual help to show up for work as of late, though it was uncertain if this was because they'd gotten sick or if they'd decided to cut losses and try to run like most. The doorpony was still on duty though and opened the door courteously upon Blue's approach. "Informative stroll sire?" the well dressed pony asked through his own provided doctor's breathing mask, the one article that clashed rather horridly with the rest of his attire.

Upon receiving the confirmation to go ahead with the search, the receptionist began leafing through pages upon pages of patient names, most on the top sheet had been marked through with a thick black marker. "Ah, here we are, she's in room C7, it's on the third floor. But if you're going up there, you'll need to wear these," the nurse said as she hoofed over a face mask for Scarlet since Dusk already had his.

"Thanks," Scarlet replied as she slid hers on quickly and then bolted towards the stairs of the hospital which she rapidly began to climb. "So why'd you stay when all the other guards bolted?" Scarlet asked without missing a single step in her climb upwards.

Fifth floor hallway:
Silver encounters no resistance as she opens the door, but the scene beyond it is like something out of a nightmare. The walls are damaged and the wallpaper torn in numerous places. What few paintings that managed to stay on the wall are tilted or torn as well, while their brethren that fell were in complete shambles. Splatters of blood scored the walls as well, not as commonly as the places where the plaster or wallpaper were damaged, but almost demanding more attention with their bright crimson color marring the formerly off yellow wall color. Even the carpet had spots where it'd been torn up from some unknown force during the panic. Most of the doors to the various rooms in the hotel were left open, but only the door to the stairs had been partially ripped off it's hinges and left in a manner that left it impossible to be shut. Possibly the most traumatic part of it though were the two ponies that were still lingering in the hallway.

One laid face down with hooves splayed out in all directions. Multiple hoof prints marked the places where the pony had been trampled and a few of them even had droplets of blood marking them. There was also a small pool of blood around his snout and a few teeth resting on the ground beyond him. The slow rise and fall of the pony's back showed that he was breathing, but he still appeared unconscious. The other pony was reclined against a wall in a similar state. Her coat was dirty and marked with hoof prints as well, one of her back legs was bent at an unnatural angle at one of these hoof prints and while she was breathing, it was with fast labored breathes through a pained filled face and closed eyes. Neither stirred to the sounds of the door opening, even though one could assume at least the mare with the broken leg had been able to hear the sound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Fifth Floor Hallway

Silver's reaction upon seeing the two ponies in the hall was almost involuntary at this point in her medical training: she rushes over to the two ponies, dropping to her knees at the side of the one that was unconscious and badly trampled. "Sir, sir can you hear me?" she asks as she releases the hooks securing the joint of the suit at her knee and pulls it off, the exposed ends fluttering for a moment before negative pressure pulls it tight against her skin, at least partially maintaining the seal. She places her hoof against his side and then running it along his spine, gently checking for broken bones. "Miss, are you able to respond?" For the moment, the other one appeared conscious and just had a broken leg, making her the second priority behind the visibly critically injured unconscious pony. "I'm a doctor, Silver Rose." She then checks his pulse and feels around the front of his throat to check if there's any apparent damage to his trachea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Really, more ponies should have stayed. They should have found pleasure by The Chosen One’s side. He understood cowardice, but he had hoped to make the end to their relationship somewhat more official. There were some he really did find valuable, and would want to wish them look in the future. His path was not for all. He was still glad to be greeted by one. Did he believe the truth about him, or was he a skeptic? The willingness to see the truth, or the courage to gamble were both traits he was pleased to think of his staff having. “Yes, thank you. Quite. It would seem many who share the means of escape as we do, do not share our spine. After royalty, who is the best equipped to care for the city? And yet they all look after themselves. They could make things more livable for ponies in tough times.” He shook his head in disapproval. “As longs as those like us exist, we will be fine. I will not be staying long. I will only be going to my study for a brief spell of craftsponyship before departing again. I would like you to accompany me for that.”

He walked slower in the comfort of his home as he went to sit and his desk. In the drawer was notes on princess to more commonly accepted speech. Notes on how often to digress and the length of sentences. He removed it all and replayed the words he been thinking on the way over. He sat with the thick and expensive paper, using his writing implement to transcribe Luna’s will.

He started with an introduction as to how her sister was busy, and that is why it was left to her to write the letter. After the brief introduction it said outright that the task of appointing a trusted civilian with the task of stewardship fell to her, and that Blue was the one who was chosen.

He then mentioned how she would never ask, and her would never accept, had things been made official in person. ‘Luna’ also stressed that he was far from her first choice - Blue knew he’d be low on the list, if he made it at all, cronyism being what it was in Equestria - but acknowledge the amount of ponies willing to stay was low.

The letter then moved on to his limitations. He created a list of room he  may not enter. He listed a few things, bedrooms and rooms with treasure or historic pieces. Nothing he held any interest in for now  ‘Luna’ also told him that he was to watch from under command of the senior guard authority present and advise them from the view of the civilians.

Blue finished it off with the signature he had put much work into perfecting, but had never properly used until now, signing the letter with signature the princess used. He smiled and packed things away while the ink dried. He then carefully folded the paper, placing it within an older opened envelope he possessed for the occasion. He then went to find the one pony he had left to work with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:00 am

Dusk followed after Scarlet to make sure she didn't cause trouble, whether by accident or on purpose. When Scarlet asked him why he stayed, he said, "Well, there has to be somepony to help the doctors. Plus, I didn't want to be among all those panicking ponies. There's probably plenty who were hurt or killed in the rush. Though, I think the biggest thing is that the job's not done. There are still ponies suffering and the guard and doctors need all the help they can get. You can blame the soldier in me for that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:32 am

Llumina looked and almost gasped at the commotion. She slowly flew closer guessing that she could always recoile back if she could not make it in time. she saw that doctor pony and wondered who that pony was and where she/he was going in such a rush. Clearly the ponys movments were out of the ordanary because of how they recated not to far back going straight into the allway. "What a compleate mess.." she stated as she headed over the carts keeping a big distance from the all of the ponys.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Canterlot Streets:
The airspace was a lot less crowded than the chaotic ground below, but from her aerial position, she could see that this was only one of many such pony traffic jams. All of which more or less seemed to be generally heading towards the same few paths to lead down the mountain's side. Some ponies seemed to be trying for alternate methods of descending, but they seemed to be having some of the worst troubles as they ground proved either unstable or their hooves and carts kept getting caught in rough terrain. Some guards seemed to be positioned about the paths in a desperate struggle to keep the evacuation in at least some form of order, but they were far too few and spaced too far apart to truly be that effective. Also in the sky were several other pegasi and other winged beings who'd had similar ideas as Llumina, all of whom were making the arduous trip down to the mountain's base and not trying to escape via the clouds above.

Blue's manor:
"Quite right sire," came the doorpony's reply to the first bit of Blue's statement. "Why you of course sire, sparse few of the royal blood share your devotion to it's meaning or purpose," he went ahead with a flattering reply to the likely rhetorical question posed. "A noble deed worthy to be carried out by own of noble stock I assume," he replied to the bit that followed after that. So far the long standing doorpony had managed a flattering reply to each of Blue's statements, the pony was actually able to keep up with Blue's statements and reinforce them with his own statements that were made so stoically that one might have believed he'd been simply stating facts such as two plus two equaling four or that sunshine was needed for plants. "Very well sire, I shall gladly accompany you on this outing. Would you like me to prepare anything for this trip?" He asked without missing a beat.

"Also sire, I regret to inform you that the Mullberry's didn't report to duty this morning. I believe we can assume that they too have either succumb to sickness or left to avoid it, bringing your total remaining help down to myself, chef Thyme, Mr. Shine, and Mrs. Sheer."

"Huh, my dad said there were some good ponies in the guard. Irrational maybe, but still good ponies," Scarlet replied more thoughtfully as she scrambled up flight after flight of stairs. As Dusk reached the landing to the third floor, he would be granted a momentary view into the third floor and the horrors that were unfurling there. A pony in a patient gown had another pony pinned down on the ground. The pony on top had it's back to Dusk, but even still Dusk could see the almost trademark large, bleeding sores that came with the sickness. There was also a slowly growing pool of blood on the floor around the downed pony, but details of where it was coming from were obscured by the obviously sick pony.

"Hey, hurry up, the nurse said that my sister was on the fifth floor," Scarlet called from the halfway landing between the 3rd and 4th floors, apparently having missed the scene on the third floor.

Fifth floor hallway:
"Gah hss, ye- yeah," the mare stammers out through a lot of pain, but she didn't say any more for the moment as she leaned against the wall gasping in pain. The other pony that Silver was inspecting didn't respond at all, but her check of his spine revealed that the ever important cord was still intact. The same couldn't be said however for a few of his ribs. Another miracle came when the pony's neck also seemed to be intact and that the blood just seemed to be coming from a broken nose and a couple knocked out teeth. While the pony's pulse was present, it was a bit feint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilitas

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Llumina fallowed everyone, as she did she keaped an eye out for any source of water, lake river would do. If she did not find at least moisture her fin would begin to become un lubricated and it would eventually start to be very dry. "where is everyone going? Whats bellow the mountain? does anyponey know what excatly is happening?" Llumina said loudly in hopes that at least someone could tell her some informations about the situation at hand.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Blue allowed himself to look severe for a moment as he heard he news he was losing, even more, ponies. He lift his hoof and raised it behind his head. He hummed for a moment and played with his mane. “It cannot be helped. This only serves to make the ponies who have stayed more important, and worthy of even greater gratitude.”

The Chosen One recovered at will, however. “I will not be needing anything other than what I have brought with me for this trip.” Blue held the letter in his magic, holding it close to his chest. “But could you circulate the message that everyone should pack their own things. I plan on staying with the city, but it is best to be ahead of a developing situation.” Blue’s real reason was so everypony was ready to move into the castle, but his place had not yet been guaranteed.  “I will wait as long as needed.”  

Upon his trusted doorpony’s return , they would begin to walk back to the castle where the guards had stood vigilant. He allowed himself a smile from the fact that, despite the situation in the city, some good may perhaps come from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:04 am

"She said the third floor," Dusk said to Scarlet. Though he could've misheard, he was certain the receptionist had said the third floor. He assumed room C7 was past the scene in front of him. Figuring he should break up whatever was occurring either way, he drew his sword with his magic and slowly approached. He did not want to prod the clearly sick one with a hoof. He tapped the sick one on the head with the flat of his blade and stood at alert, just in case the patient was one of the delirious and violent ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:46 am

Fifth Floor Hallway

Silver nods faintly to the mare as she performs her checks of the unconscious pony, the tension of her stance relaxing some as she ascertains that he's not in critical danger. "I'm sure it doesn't feel like it, miss, but the two of you are damn lucky... trampled by a panicked crowd, but you're still alive and not in immediate danger." She steps carefully around the unconscious pony and leans in closer to the mare, looking at her broken leg from various angles to check for bulges that would indicate some kind of complex fracture, following it up by very gently running a hoof over the skin, trying to feel for how bad the break is. "We need to get you both out, but neither of you are in any shape to travel. If I could immobilize your leg, miss, and set the bone it would be helpful."
She thinks visibly for a few moments. "Don't try to move, I'll be right back." She goes back to the apartment of the Mixes, entering cautiously with her y-bar, before searching out any simple wooden furniture and thin linens such as sheets. She starts picking up a chair and pauses, looking towards the prone Missus Mix. "I wish I'd known you, ma'am, but I'd like to think that some furniture and cloth would mean less to you than the lives of two ponies," she says before noisily breaking the furniture and tearing the cloth into strips, getting all the essential supplies for making a splint for the broken leg and tightly binding the ribs of the less fortunate one. She also raids the medicine cabinet, seeking painkillers of any kind. Finding some, she goes back to the kitchen and starts rapidly pulverizing the no-doubt weak over-the-counter painkillers so she can make a highly concentrated dose, the full recommended dosage for an adult pony over a 24-hour period. She then goes out to further care for the two ponies, carrying straight pieces of wood and shredded cloth. "Miss, I need to set your broken leg and then splint it. It is going to hurt, and hurt a lot, but I need to be able to move you and a raw break will get much worse if you're moved around without setting and immobilizing it." If she found painkillers, she offers the mare a glass of very cloudy water, the liquid mixed with the maximum safe dose. "It's not morphine or any other medical sedative, but this should help manage your pain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)   

Back to top Go down

By any means (survival horror, gore, violence, and zombie-like things)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next