A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Songs Can Sing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:50 am

The receptionist kicked back her chair to be closer to the wall to avoid the whole bong grabbed thing. It just really wasn't her style. She slapped her knees, ready to try further diplomacy with an almost unnatural calm. “Police can be mean once you start hurting people…I do not think destroying property makes us more willing to deal with you. Maybe you should talk to somepony about your wife if this is how you're taking it?"  

“Done?” Arioso asked as Platinum graced her with glorious and crazy presence. It did seem to prove effective at keeping people away. There was no sign of struggle. Miss ‘blood flowing feels nice’ was worth her money. She wondered if she could pass the bill off to the stallion for him pulling her away from things...Worth a mention, maybe after the armor lady dug into him some more. “Who was he? What we thought?” They continued on until they reached the stone steps of the train station. Arioso decided then would be a good time to check funds. She had exactly nothing and nothing with her, and awkwardly tried to disguise this fact. “Let’s just wait here for the others.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:25 am

"I'm not going to hurt anyone here," Aurora replied, before miving substantially faster than the secretary, picking her up with ease and hauling her over a shoulder. She looked around, before spotting the bright red fire alarm, trotting over happily and pulling it down. "Madam, I am quite well adjusted to her death. Now then, shall we go outside? I believe these... police will likely be waiting for us, and I do need to have a word with them."

"Quite. And just a reporter I think. If he tries anything next time I'll be a little bit more persuasive," she hummed. "Alright, if you want to," she said, before dropping down onto a nearby bench and yawning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Meglia did not really tire, nor mind her circumstances, but it was hard to get so little done and be pleased about it. She tapped her hoof against the floor, wondering what was taking the others so long in their tasks. Did they really expect her to always remain on stand-by for them by the boxes? She would have to give them thorough lessons sooner or later on meeting deadlines... Or even having them in the first place...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:52 am

The receptionist began hammering at the mare as she handled her. Being dragged was more expected than being carried. “What is it that you want? Have you got some crazy demands for the police?” Breaking into buildings and throwing ponies out of them was not ‘well adjusted’ behaviour. There was another soft tap on the mare’s armour as a figure moved past. The stallion was finished, and he had his hands full, arms wrapped and keeping something close to the chest. He was finished when she was. Looking the part of a fleeing pony, it was easy enough for him to get through the police.

The police had not properly encircled the building yet. They had only begun blocking the roads to keep people safe from the rain of glass. Many officers abandoned their general order keeping to swarm the mare. There was a comment about how the mare matched a description of an incident from the previous night. “Excuse us, but can you explain yourself?” The seemingly most senior officer called out.  

Without being questioned. That was good. Crazy was good as long as it listened to the money. Of course, this was all interfering with her ability to get hers. Of course, the statue seemed to be acting funny, funny for a moving statue. “You look as stiff as marble, you should relax.” it wasn't a joke, and there did seem to be some concern about the stony gaze she was giving her. “You should speak up, somehow, if we missed something important.” She patted herself and peered at the boxed belongings, humming a mnemonic to help guide her through the check.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 pm

The armoured mare smiled, placing her helmet and spear on the ground calmly. "Of course Officers," she said, before gesturing to the building behind her. "As you can see, this building suddenly exploded. I went in to see if I could evacuate it, but for some reason they seemed reluctant to come with me."

She shrugged, before looking around. "Am I free to go, or do I need to come with you?" She asked, approaching the policemen carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Mildly cold. That was the sensation of Meglia's smooth marble wing as she moved Arioso's head carefully to point her at all the boxes, and then where they needed to go, and then at the empty space between them they needed to travel. She cocked a brow at her, wondering if she understood what needed to be done, before lightly crossing her arms when, so far, the others were still missing as she held Arioso's face towards her companion and placed an open hand under the view. Surely she was good at charades to tell there should be more standing on that hand...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 pm

The police didn’t seem like they had any desire to confront the mare. “You are not currently going to be detained, but We are going to need you to be available for questioning about the incident, and for you to put that mare down. They don't look too comfortable…”

The mare that was being carried didn't say anything in response to that, that was clear and audible at least. They weren’t even struggling against the mare.  

A pony behind the lead officer looked to be writing things down. They paused and flicked to another page. “Can we get an address. It's not that we don't trust you, but I’m sure you understand.” No matter the answer given she would be put down as a potential hero syndrome case, they certainly dressed as such.

Once all was done with. The stallion was waiting around the corner, and led then back with reasonable speed.

Arioso gave an amused noise of curiosity. How did a statue get impatient? Yes, it was a problem, but she was hardly worried.  “They’re probably kissing somewhere, and all that hostility between them was an act. At least with everything here they can’t steal it and run away together.” It didn’t sound too much like she believed that, but was entertaining herself with the idea anyway.

Arioso clapped her hands and pulled herself away from the stone mare as their away party returned, though she didn't seem to be too keen to go towards them either.

The stallion certainly felt more comfortable with his marble mare protector than the rest of the crazies.
“You know what we ask of you once we get into the station? You can't go prancing around until we board. How...heavy are you?” She was still a lady, so the stallion was hesitant to ask the question. He shoved the folder he had taken haphazardly into one of the boxes and outstretched his arms to see the least objectionable way to carry the statue up to the stations steps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Oddly enough, Meglia nodded at Arioso. It was as good a reason as any, and the others did seem to be the sort to bicker; Making out between such sorts was always romantically ironic in the end... But that did not excuse tardiness regardless!

Fortunately, they did show up in good time and sane. Somehow. Perhaps she didn't need to scold anyone after all... Until the Detective opened his rude mouth. She looked down at him, a bemused but beautiful face looking upon him before said face leaned onto his head, along with her arms, and her wings. Just leaning lightly, of course, but chances were good he'd get a good idea that, yes, she was exactly as heavy as she looked for a large marble statue... It would also be a reminder to not ask for a mare's weight unless he were a Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:06 pm

Aurora chuckled and shook her head, putting the secretary down and shaking her head. "I'm terribly sorry, officers," a sarcastic tone starting to creep into her voice. "But I'm afraid that questioning simply isn't going to be possible." She smiled and chuckled again, this time at the officer's question. "An address, oh, of course," she snickered. "Well, just put me down as living in Valhalla," she gave them a wave, before putting on her helmet, and before they had a chance to stop her, flying very quickly away. Eventually, she landed next to the stallion, sheathing her spear on her back. "Did you get the information you needed?" she asked as they walked.

Platinum didn't react as the two ponies arrived, only producing a lilting giggle as the marble mare demonstrated her weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:55 am

The stallion pushed back against the mare. How could she maintain the illusion of elegance with such weight behind her? If she was going to be like that he was happy to let her fall and see how graceful that was. “My search was a little...hurried by the...audacity of your distraction, but it looked promising. Probably plenty of junk too.” The struggle was evident in the stallion’s voice, especially the point where it came to renewing his efforts.  “Don't worry about the police. A short message from me and nothing will come from them. The fitter will get a lawsuit for bad practices or something. I’m a detective...At least before I got caught up in a certain case rather unprofessionally.” Perhaps not the most virtuous solution, but convenient and easy to push out of mind.

They bought the tickets after a period of some waiting. It was not awfully exciting or event worthy unless you were the one surround by mares of questionable allegiance and sanity.  Cites never slept, but the train station seemed to. Considering that most ponies would be happily enjoying their jobs and being productive to society and not being at the kinds of parties at the times in the early morning to get attacked. The time had its benefits. They managed to get seats for the wait, which was oftentimes a fantasy.

Once they were on the train it was empty enough for the marble mare to move around without causing worry. There was also space for them to sit more or less anywhere they wished.

The stallion sat down and began looking over some of what he had stolen. “The station we stop at will likely be even less impressive than this one…” He hummed for a moment as he decided something. “I should let you know who I am...You can call me...Best not to use my real name actually...You know, financial troubles and stuff. For now, I’ll be Brother Dearest.”

Arioso made a noise that faked sounding impressed by the mysteriousness of it. He was an idiot, so she instead spoke to her guard about a question she had about a very casually made comment. “So what is the strangest request you’ve had? Can you put a number on anything?” she imagined that was probably true for a lot of ponies, but for the one particular mare she was asking it was probably more so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:57 am

Meglia had to admit it was a bit much to tease Dearest as such, but she let him have his moment as she eventually moved back as he pushed and began to fall back... and then cartwheeled before doing a handstand in fluid motions, until she retained her upside down pose briefly without moving anything at all. She then fluidly moved again to stand, ever careful not to break the floor with her weight upon landing back to her marble hooves with a playful smirk. Really, she was just glad the others were fine and she didn't have to keep waiting around bored as he boarded as intended...

... On the train, however, she kept a keen judgemental gaze towards Aurora. She felt of conflict. Recent conflict. This did not put her at ease and expected the tall mare to go off fighting again at any moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:59 am

"Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't able to create a perfect distraction based on the intense depth of information you gave me," she replied. "Perhaps next time, you give me a little more to work with, and I give you something worth working with," she continued.

As they boarded the train, she tucked her metallic wings in behind her back and sat down. "Do you intend for me to vomit everytime I have to address you?" She asked, before looking at the statue. "Are you going to stare at me the entire train ride?"

Platinum sat protectively close to Arioso, smoothing her skirt before considering her question. "Everything has a value, and some require more compensation than others. As for the strangest request... hmmm... there was that one stallion that wanted me to wear a school mare's outfit, but I suppose that's pretty standard. I can't think of anything much stranger at the moment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:30 am

It seems Aurora would find herself in a staring contest with an unmovable object as Meglia would, in fact, continue to stare at her still after her question. Her presence was still puzzling, and their collective safety meant quietly assessing their wild card more so as far as the old statue is concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:05 pm

“What? It's not creepy!” Brother asserted his claim on the name. “It's mysterious.” He stamped to show his strength and mystique. “I was expecting something reasonable. But maybe that was too much from an out of touch immortal. Do you even know what day it is?”

“Really? Hard to see you as someone's daughter. Did he pay?” It just had to be a he. Even if a mare was taken by them, they would be more tasteful and restrained. She didn't want to know where that was ‘pretty standard’ in Platinum’s world. Arioso probably wasn't at the top of the list when it came to self-respect herself, but the idea she could put a price on anything was not true to her, at least not for any price she had encountered. “Maybe. Value is more than money though.” She seemed able to relax perhaps in spite of the crazy mare more than because of her. She felt tired; the yawn a lot kind rather than worn out. It wasn't new, especially during a busy period. She knew she should sleep more. The boredom, tiredness, or whatever it was became a little more distant as everyone thrown back as the train creaked, the brakes pushing hard on the wheels to get the locomotive to stop. Arioso grunted her disapproval at the stop from underneath her breath and began to stand again, opening the window to observe the issue. They certainly weren’t in the empire yet, but they’d made it to the realm of the frosted ground and frigid air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:52 pm

In what might be considered a meditative state, Meglia never moved until the last moment; And that moment had been at the instant the brakes came about unexpectedly and crudely, making her slide unprepared with impeccable balance past her companions... Before slamming against the door and leaving a dent along with a dumbfounded expression of annoyance.

She shrugged out from the dent and began to look outside the widow to see where she'd have to direct her vexing towards...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:42 am

"You're right," she retorted, eyes never leaving the gaze of the marble statue. "It's not creepy, it's disgusting, as are you." As time passed, Aurora blinked, conceding defeat if only to prevent her eyes from being damaged. The train screeching to a halt however, provided her with a proper reason and she stood up, hand already grasping her spear as she followed the statue out into the snow, to see why the train had stopped.

Platinum meanwhile chuckled and nodded. "He paid through the nose for it, but he did pay... And that may be true, but in my world, it may as well be. Money can get you anything, anyone. And everyone has a price... be it bits, or blood." She drifted off soon after, only waking up when the train stopped. "Are we there yet?" she asked, eyes half-lidded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 pm

“Not quite…” Arioso didn't have a better answer. She couldn't say the reason they had stopped, but it was probably best not to go that far. “Y’know I could have suffered some terrible fate while you were napping?” Though that was said there was no real not of concern.

The hardy specimens of grass decided to pass on their near frozen moisture, getting armor and marble alike wet as the two went to inspect the line. Looking into the tracks the nature of the problem was clear. Something hadn’t blocked the line, but rather, there was no line to be followed. There was a great scar in the earth. A long, narrow and deep crater prevented the train’s passage. In the distance there was another train. it was travelling towards them. The one driving didn't seem to be acting as though they cared about the fate that awaited them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   

Back to top Go down

Songs Can Sing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4