A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Songs Can Sing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed May 18, 2016 12:08 pm

"Flowing's fine. I mean, flowing feels nice. And yeah, it's feeling a lot better," she said, running a hand through her mane slowly. "What about you? Not everyday you see someone get stabbed?" she asked, humming a wordless tune.

"You are attempting you divert me from the fact that you owe me a prize. You don't get to decide post offer that it is a mystery gift," she said, running a gauntlet over her spear. "You do not dare delegate responsibility for finding my gift to me," she murmured. "And my armour was a gift. I do not plan on changing anything any time soon."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Right. Like a shower, I'm sure.” Any attention given to Arioso’s voice would make clear that she was not sure, and probably did not want to consider the idea. The mare surely understood this because she asked if she was alright with all the image of the night before.  “I’m not thinking about it. At least not the consequences. Blood isn’t anything new, but the violence felt a little excessive. Still, I slept well this morning, and if it becomes an issue I can ‘self-medicate’ so to speak. I think you would be a pony to know how that goes.with your shining employment history and stuff.”    

“If you want to run around after us like a puppy then you're going to be a good girl. We’re lucky you didn’t stab anyone in the night!” The stallion was finally done with the mare pushing the issue, and not seeming to understand what he was saying. “Was it another gift you got by being ignorant with enough confidence? Are you some magical being that latches itself onto others until they appease it?” He sighed. “Tell me the name of one of those and then I'll find you this mare you want. But I tell you what…” He paused, looking to the marble to see her wordless reaction. “I’ll go get breakfast from somewhere. And when I get the coffee, I'll be sure to ask the mare behind the counter if she'd like court a pretty and unreasonable mare.” He might have had more to say, but he closed his eyes tightly and gave a deep inward breath. He released and spoke again at the same time. “I meant to say a pretty unreasonable mare. I can carry everything myself.” Not wanting his words to catch up to him, he hastily left. After struggling with the dumb lock on the door that one would only find in a hotel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri May 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Meglia, of course, felt that the Detective needed his space this time after his outburst, and simply stood by as he walked out... She'd also simply stand by the door once it closed, should anyone other than him try to get in and wasn't welcome. Still she stood, but the voices of others she could understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:55 pm

"Mmmm... sort of... just a little stickier. And it smells pretty..." she hummed quietly as sh es washed her body. "That wasn't my fault. Blame your attackers for being a bunch of pricks. They could have backed off at any time."

"I would think that my request was quite reasonable. Honestly, stallions these days... and I was about to question how you knew what I looked like, given I am yet to remove my helmet. And coffee sounds nice. Thank you," the mare said, waiting till her had left before slowly removing her helmet and letting her mane flop out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 pm

“All the times I’ve seen blood I’ve had bigger things on my mind than the smell. I’ll take your word it’s great.” Arioso still wore a deep a skeptical frown. She was wondering if a retired police officer or even a more soldier-y kind of pony might have been better. They’d have more boundaries. Still she did good work, and she could talk to her. “You’re right, they could have, but that’s not the world we live in. And it’s keeping you employed, and don’t pretend you weren’t enjoying yourself before the jerks showed up. I don’t think we should take too long. I’m sure we’re on some kind of schedule.”  

The stallion let himself back in some time later. He brought coffee and still warm sandwiches for all, except the marble mare, who just got an apologetic pat. “Turns out they don't serve breakfast at 3pm, but I managed to get some of the stuff from lunch. She said no, by the way, and I did try really hard to sell you. Maybe if you worked with me and showed some of your good qualities I could do a better job.” He wasn’t ecstatic about the idea of having her on the team, but at least she could stab stuff that needed stabbing, and cut down his explanations of lore. “I already knew because of your attitude. A convenient on hand example to my point is currently doing something indecent with her charge in the bathroom I’m sure.” He looked at the boxes in the room. “Since I’m handling the planning and financing for our field trip, I think somepony else should do the lifting...Say, does either one of you want to do another errand for the group?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Meglia wasn't especially amused at being patted by the detective. She was an ancient warrior, not a pet! He would rue his actions, for she scowled most disapprovingly at him. Nonetheless, loyal she'd remain, but she did so wish the company had more to rush upon. Being a statue made for dull moments when none really tried to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:16 am

Platinum sighed and stepped out of the shower, scrubbing herself down before drying herself off and wrapping a towel around her ample chest. "It was fun. Till he tried to drug me. I mean, what's up with that? " she asked as she walked back into the main room.

The valkyrie took an offered sandwich, before digging into it hungrily. "Depends mortal. What's the errand?" She asked, licking a gauntlet covered finger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:43 pm

The stallion waved the glare of the statue off. There was no need for her to be so serious. She was as unfun as the armoured mare. “If I knew you were immortal I wouldn't have needed to buy you anything…” He didn't believe it - having seen her just eat with the hunger of a mortal -  but the point was that she'd live without  if the claim was true. “Work of great importance, but perhaps not suited not you after all...stick to moving boxes....No, you could be of help actually. I need to go somewhere I shouldn’t without being thrown out. A pointy stick should keep them back enough,” He set the rest of the food and drink down, softly rubbing over where the hot coffee had begun to irritate his skin “Are you gonna come? There might be another mare at the desk,” he offered that like it was a temptation, but his follow up likely killed the allure. “I don’t think you’ll find what you want in any city though.” There would have been another addition about how she’d be more at home with some tribe, but his courage didn’t stretch so far.

“Can you tell them where we went, and to take all the boxes and meet at the station?” He asked the marble mare, leaving a map with her so she could point it out without her creepy magic voice thingy.

Arioso hummed her agreement, she was done too. She had been for a little while. Her hand moved slightly to touch the injected area, but she thought better of it.“If I were a stallion at a party, I might. Yeah, I hear you though. Don't you think you should at get a test or something? You could have got something gross, that's just from the needle. I don’t know how much you inject, so they might not have even found a good blood vessel.” He'd already left the mares again by the time they had left the bathroom. Breakfast and coffee carefully set on the bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:36 am

Meglia felt the Detective could go into mediocrity if not dealt with carefully, but had hope for him as he had the decency to leave the other mares their breakfast before leaving. In the meantime, she set about to taking the map, and a simple pencil, so as to mark and write with visible writing and illustrations as to where they had to go and what to expect there. It might be a little odd seeing the large statue handle such a small pencil, but her writing was nothing short of magnificently gorgeous while still being readable and not simply 'Doctor's handwriting' as some would say for vague squiggles that barely convey both beauty and practicality.

Of course, she stood attentively next to the bed with the map open so others would study it as they ate in peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:30 am

"I still need to eat. Immortal does not mean immune to hunger," she replied, chewing the last of the sandwich thoughtfully. "Though it does mean I never need to go to the toilet... I'm not entirely sure how that works to be honest." She paused and stared at him, her scarlet eyes twinkling with amusement. "Are you asking for my help? I will gladly give it, but at a cost."

Platinum paused and nodded slowly, poking the site with a curious finger before sighing. "I should. But you would have to come with me I'm afraid. So, if you're up for a journey, we should go as soon as possible. I am up to date on all my vaccinations, but better to be safe then sorry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:15 pm

The stallion seemed resigned and not willing to argue. “Fine.” He waved his hand dismissively even if there was a part of him that did care. “Sure, whatever you want. You'd probably push any limit I set anyway.” He beckoned her from his position by the door. Negotiation could come later. He just wanted to be active rather than waiting for mares to finish doing mare things. It wouldn't be too great of a walk, especially for an immortal, and esp[ecially compared to what they might be facing in the future. "So since when do immortals get bored enough to sleep with a bunch of strangers after following them home?"  

“Really need some to hold your hand?  You're meant to do that for me.” Arioso frowned, but it wasn't particularly sour. She gave a hum of curiosity as she saw what was on the bed. She handled the map, tilting it to help the writing sink in The writing was completely strange to her. Nopony ever wasted the time learning how to write neatly these days. “I don't think it was meant to make you foam from the mouth or anything. If you start feeling bad we’ll just have to slow down for you.” She hovered her hand near the marble mare, unsure if she should touch her still. “Good job?” The actual aliveness of the statue was still a mystery to her. It, well, obviously she, certainly had the signs of great intelligence. “Hm...the logistics of this is going to suck. We’re meant to be moving boxes, but we're making this little detour,  while he's out...We’re going to lose time and then he's going to get cranky, more than other mare makes her…”  She wanted this to be done with so she could get back to making money. Arioso looked to Meglia again. “Can you help with that?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:17 pm

"I'm gathering information. Something is supposed to be going down, but I wasn't given any more information than that, and honestly, you people at least seem to be close to something that could be considered a catastrophe," she replied as she placed her helmet back on her head, before she walked over to him. "After you," she gestured vaguely to the door.

"No, rather the opposite. I was saying that you would have to folow me because I am supposed to protect you, and I can hardly do that if you are somewhere else whilst I am getting a doctor's check-up. But you are probably right..." she shrugged, before dropping onto the bed and starting to get dressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Meglia seemed more paused in her subtle movements after the request, but she went ahead and did the task anyway, with relative ease to be sure. It was likely the heavier boxes would stress under her weight than the other way around as it were...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:10 am

Ladies first was normally how it went, but that mare was no lady,  so the stallion certainly took the offer to stay a few steps ahead. “Are you trying to say bad things are going to follow us around? Like they already have been with Arioso?” He didn't seem impressed by the deduction, that was also mixed with tiredness to make it very flat.

He stopped in front of the target building, It was a charming mix of a rather glass and steel front to a more traditionally built building. To give the sign they were in the right place he lightly placed his hand on the mare’s arm, though was quick to remove it just incase she did bite. “This is the place.” The glass front made it perfect for pointing things out “Two people waiting on seats to left, there's the receptionist, just one closed circuit camera, and whoever is in that front office and the bathroom. Can you make a big enough distraction for them all? You could just treat the receptionist like you do me…You go in first and I'll follow after.”  

“It's almost like having a friend who cares…” Arioso said. She'd have helped Meglia out, but she/it was doing such a good job that she hardly saw the need. She'd carry whatever that she absolutely had to from. She should definitely get one of those things, wherever did he find her/it? She began to help with the moving, she filled her hands and arms with a box or two, the maps resting on top. Arioso simply used the key with her mouth to swipe the door lock open. She said something muffled about moving things down to the ground floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Were it not for the fact Meglia was helping others keep in the downlow, she would have flaunted her very being every step outside the room. Instead, she took leaves from both real and fake decor on the hallways to make a new hooded dress for her, walking on all fours again as an elegant steed with the boxes. More than that though, she moved carefully so none of the mares would leave her sight so easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 am

"For an extra fifty a day, I can be your friend who cares," Platinum said as shs pulled on a pair of thigh high boots, before standing up and dusting off her coat. "Wouldn't even be the strangest request I've had." She watched the pair shift boxes, before snorting and picking up a few herself.

"Define bad things. And they will probably try to follow me, not you. Just... don't stand too close to me when they attack and you'll be fine." The mare examined the building before snorting. "Congratulations on your ability to use your eyes detective. How long do you need? I shall tailor my distraction to your time limit."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:09 pm

“I’ll think about it.” Arioso said, The standard ‘almost’ treatment was good enough for now. Unless a disposable amount of money came, upgrading to the premium service. She was happy for the help, even if it did come after the greater part of the work had begun. It was not like there was not more to be done. The elevator provide an easy trip to the lobby. It was a consideration to requisition a cart to aid with the moving, but slowly ferrying things seemed the better option, since she was already paying for the help.

“Hey, you,” A unicorn ambled through the crowd, a notepad held high in a magical grip. They were black and white, of white and black depending on where you started. It made their appearance no more interesting one way or the other.

Arioso sighed, recognising the pony’s type. She’d drawn a lot of them over the years. Of course, a minor celebrity didn’t warrant the greatest following her. She sighed and looked to the pony with a tired look, waiting for her almost friend to do something.

“If I knew enough about them it would be case closed already.” The stallion didn't comment on the ‘praise’ he had gotten. He just focused attention on the question. “As long as you can but not long enough for anyone to get police or security involved. Try not to stab anyone, and make sure you can drop it quickly if needed. I'm ready when you are my dear lady knight.” The armour fetish was still a mystery to him, but at least it got eyes on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Aurora sighed, and glanced at the stallion next to her. He seemed like a decent sort, and his ilk was the best place to start generally. "Very well... I shall make for you a distraction," she said, before drawing her spear and flaring her metallic wings. "I would recommend being quick though," she explained, before slashing through the air, ripples passing through it towardsbtbe building before the entire glass front exploded, and Aurora darted forwards into the building.

Platinum giggled and traipsed over to the stallion, an easy smirk on her lips. "Why hello darling~" she purred. "I know you love me but you can't just approach me out in the open," she exclaimed, gesturing subtly for Arioso to move on. "Come this way, we can talk about it, ok sweetie?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Meglia was just about ready to place herself into one of the larger boxes when what she assumed was a reporter came by to speak to Arioso. In an effort to delay annoyances, she simply used her size to walk between Arioso and the unicorn, posing on her own, but more importantly, blocking his view of the mare as she watched over her as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Arioso didn't pause, nor need invitation to carry on. They all knew where it was they were going anyway. She mumbled about being alone, but then remembered who what was at her side. She still had the her/it for company and it was adapting to the empty role. “Thank you, but don't let your pretty appearance get ruined if any fights happen.” She didn't know much about visual arts, but somepony would probably pay a fortune for the mare with all the work that went into it

The stallion was moderately annoyed by the mare who had blocked her path. He looked over her shoulder to now more distant Arioso. “I'm not here for you unless you've got bigger news. I'm working right now and need the facts the people deserve to know! I'm going where this story is, and you can't guard her if you're pestering me. Pictures and a talk. I'll play up your heroism, that'll help with your next job, right?” It was only then the reporter stopped and processed an answer to what had been said rather than the suggestive body blocking his way.  “Why can't we talk here?” If the problem was economic in nature he could resolve it, and it wasn't even selling out to reveal what a dozen ponies also saw.

As the glass shattered the stallion made a show of running inside after the mare to protect himself from the rain of glass. He managed to get past the desk to the back with no trouble while the ponies inside dealt with Aurora...In their own ways. The wannabe angelic figure caused most to cower.

"I see you're here to cause trouble." The mare behind the desk said, being the first to take a confrontational stance, though only as much as with a loud client. The mare possessed the ability that was common among receptionists everywhere.it was not possible to impress them. They'd always seen it all before, more or less. She tapped idly under the desk,  one hand resting on something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 am

"I am not here to cause trouble to you, personally, but yes, I am... I take it you are the... secretary here?" she asked as she trotted over to the desk, heels clicking against the marble as her spear dragged through the stone. "I would recommend that you and your staff depart the building as quickly as possible. If not, I will be forced to make you leave, and I believe that we both do not want that." She smiled sweetly beneath her helm, before tapping a finger patiently.

"Let me rephrase that," she whispered in his ear, a knife now pressing against his chest though it was hidden from everyone else's view. "You will walk away, so we can 'talk' later. And if you think that I won't use this knife because of witnesses, allow me to tell you that the mafia themselves fear me," she exaggerated. "I have killed greater stallions for less, so walk away." she gave a sweet smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Arioso was a dangerous mare, Meglia thought, if she so casually threatened a stallion in the open. At least Meglia had a marvelous wingspan to keep their conversation more private as she covered them both while Waltzing... But if any blood was spilled, she was not going to clean it up, for she was in no hurry to spoil her gorgeous marble crafted body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:30 pm

The statue was helpful, Arioso enjoyed her/its continued efforts, and the fact it didn't protest - with any noise at least - or seem to tire. “So what are you? Who put you together?” If they were an old tool activated in the present that would have been cool….Being of such well maintained marble made that hard to believe though. It had to be new. And Brother Dearest must have stumbled upon some interesting tricks to make it, and that was why it obeyed him.

The mare stopped tapping at the desk. She gave a deep breath to work up her energy. This pony seemed like they would require actual effort to deal with. “And who are you with? I need to check the records to make sure we know what party you  belong to. I haven't heard about anyone like you coming…” She hummed happily and gave a smile. Shouty talks about violence were nothing new.  

For the stallion, walking around in a place where he didn't belong without attracting suspicion was a rather practiced thing, but this felt more like a heist. The tricks were simple really. He did it by not looking at anyone. Keep those straight ahead no matter what, not opening them too wide, not looking too tense. If he walked past something it was dead to him unless he planned on going the same way out. Despite the fact that most ponies that might mess with him probably could get away with it, he never got confronted doing his thing that needed doing.

“Fine. I'll just write about a crazy lady instead!” The reporter seemed annoyed, but stepped away. The talk was just to save pride. “Who threatens ponies like that, really? Psycho.” He began to walk away, rather bitter. Of course, the great lengths to hide something only furthered the lust for information. Equestria deserved to know why ponies were getting stabbed in dance floors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:29 am

"I am with... Well, no-one at the moment. My late wife died many years ago. And I'm afraid you do not need to check your records," she said, before cutting through the desk and providing the mare with a quick exit. "As I said before, you and all your staff are to depart now. Whether I carry you out or you do so by your own volition is up to you." She smiled beneath her helm, before gesturing for her to stand up and leave.

Platinum giggled, the knife vanishing from her hands. "Well, that could have been a lot worse," she hummed, moving back to Arioso's side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:40 am

Meglia had no answer to give, or maybe simply choose to give none but a light smile to the couple before her and let things be as they were before looking around, and finding her way towards their belongings. The sooner they got back to work the better, but she also seemed a little anxious about something, occasionally looking between where they last left the others and where they were going... She still had to stuff herself in a box after all, and she did not intend to be left traveling in 3rd class for nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   

Back to top Go down

Songs Can Sing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next