A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Songs Can Sing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Indeed the show was over, but Meglia's captive audience would still get something to remember her artistry by as her leaves moved to form patterns of golden to dark browns like water waving in the sunset. Since the others weren't heading out fast though, she took her time showing off a bit longer till she approached them.

Arioso would get a light bow in greeting from the creature on all fours, face kept largely hidden under the circumstances still as the leaves made a light veil around her muzzle. She was also content at the moment that Aurora wasn't causing trouble for her, so all was well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:05 pm

"You owe me payment for a knife," Platinum said as she approached Arioso, before grabbing the stallion and gently pushing him away. "And you, buddy, can stay away from my charge. I don't care if you're long lost siblings, I have had to deal with enough crap tonight. Bloody... so many witnesses. Do you know who they were?" She raised an eyebrow at Arioso.

Aurora for her part merely wiped the blood from her spear and sighed quietly, content to watch and wait for the moment. She had stabbed someone, and though they were not dead, she was content.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Being pushed away startled the stallion. The mare was just doing her job, but was doing it pretty badly. “You let me run away with her before. You should give her a discount.”

“Well...hello?” Arioso scrunched in puzzlement at Meglia, but tried to smile. She/it had been helpful, and if he had been working with them then she guessed they were safe to be around. She then turned her attention to Platinum. “That's fine, We can just add it to the rest unless it's really pressing you get a replacement.” She did seem fond of her knifes. Perhaps she might feel naked without them? Though she doubted there was much problem with that given her behaviour. Arioso shook her head at the questioning. “I wish I did. Then I could do something about them. They weren’t the first, just the most desperate. I’ve tried to keep moving, but I meet them at every civilised place I end up. Hiring you is a better alternative to fleeing to some backwater. Both solve the problem, but one makes us both more money.”

“It's best you lead the way for us all,” the stallion said. He wasn't getting close to her again. It was probably a little creepy after all the other stallions trying to do so. He glanced to Meglia for some reassurance as Arioso led them to the entrance.

“Yes. And when we get to my room, you're going to tell me everything about her.” Arioso walked to the elevator and tapped the calling button, twice, probably out of frustration with the world. Another night ruined. The door opened and she walked in. There was enough room for all of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:32 am

"I was a tad busy at that moment in time, and besides, I very much doubt that you would be capable of harming a house fly if it was pinned to the floor. So no, I will not be providing a discount to Arioso. And no, fortunately it is not too pressing to replace the knife, so you needn't worry at the moment," she replied, glancing at the armoured mare who was now standing quietly behind them, following them to the elevator. "Soooo... is she one of yours?" she asked, glancing at the stallion. She did follow you after all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:21 am

Before getting on the elevator, Meglia looked all around to make sure they were not being followed too closely by hostiles, though she was also still wary of Aurora for her own reasons yet she simply could not provoke her either by challenging her in any way; Less trouble that way.

She listened to the bantering between the others with unending patience, but ultimately little of it had actually to do with the main reason he was there, so she just walked into the elevator calmly and awaited further need of her services; Conversation was currently not her strongsuit... Neither was staring at Aurora who joined them anyway without knowing why. It bothered her as the Valkyrie's presence was still an unnerving mystery, especially having no choice but to stand literally side by side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm

The stallion didn’t argue. Maybe the mare was right, maybe she wasn’t, but the stallion certainly wasn’t going to hurt somepony to prove a petty point. He just focused on trying to answer the question of the armoured mare. “I guess she did…” They could keep her, right? She wasn’t sure why she had helped but she seemed to keep wanting to do so. “Yeah…? She came in with us.” That was the truth at least.

Arioso looked at the marble mare. It didn’t seemed rather out of it compared to the focused look when it was attacking or performing. “I think your...thing is broken,” the mare said. “Or in a kind of stand-by mode?” She lightly tapped the statue.

Standing shoulder to shoulder was likely not the most comfortable for anypony in the group. They were really pushing the limits of its load and space. The ride was at least mercifully short, only around four floors from the ground from a possible of twelve.

The entrance side of the room was clear, but the side towards the window held two suitcases, resting flat on each other, next to plastic boxes, one half stuffed full of binders with both paper and laminated documents. The other contained an assortment of small instruments. Arioso fell straight onto the bed. It was a single, and she didn’t plan to share from how she stretched and spaced herself. “So?” The mares asked. “Why’d you go out of your way to find me? It’s something to do with those stallions, right?”

“Right,” The stallion placed both hands over his face and ran them down softly. “Well, I don’t know who they are exactly, but I’m pretty sure they will he hired extensions of somepony in the music industry. I...wish I had my papers here but...You knew my sister pretty well. I don’t think she just disappeared. I think some guys like the ones after you took her. And they want you for the same reasons.”  He looked to his left and his right, but he really had no room to pace like he wished. “When she went missing, we split what we found in the house, right? My half of the stuff included a few notes.

“Yeah, mine too. Just unwritten songs and stuff. I’ve got some of it with me.” She turned her head to the boxes. “I’m not getting it out at this time though. What’s your point?”

“In that there were some notes about things that were very interesting. They were like writings from a magical history class. She went real deep into stuff. She had some really crazy ideas, stuff from talks with neuroscientists..Like, remember when you first learned to read music?” His fingers curled and uncurled as he tried to think of some kind of analogy that worked from the hole he had dug for himself. "Like a synthesizer taking a sample to replay when you call on it. You were forming pathways in your brain. Deep structures. Your nerves grow new connections as you use them - the axons split and push their way between the dividing glial cells. Your brain, it...self-modifies; the software becoming part of the hardware.  I don't blame you for not keeping up, but she thought structures in the brain might be the key to writing the ‘perfect’ song “

“And she found it?” Arioso sat up quickly, interested by the prospect.

“Nah, she was way too out of her depth for that.” He waved his hand dismissively. She was talented at what she did, but she wasn’t going to crack a problem that top tier people had been working on since forever by herself. “But then she started looking into languages and ‘speech with magical force’ to try and excite all the parts of the brain she learned about. Can anypony who is still listening tell me what we more commonly call  ‘speech with magical force’? Or a creature that supposedly possesses such an ability?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Both Aurora and Platinum were quiet as the elevator trundled upwards. Once they were in the room, Platinum excused herself, walking into the bathroom to clean herself up.

Aurora stood near the window, still silent as she watched the stars. As the stallion asked his question she nodded and turned around slowly. "Indeed I have," she uttered, striding over to small group. "You refer to the beings known as Sirens, correct?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:11 am

Arioso would certainly get a reaction from Meglia as she made a gesture of raising her head back with a 'huff', insulted that she could not spend idle time standing and looking beautiful in an elevator. Some mares were far too impatient it seems.

Once inside the apartment, she then sought out a good place to stand where she could compliment the look of the room as she was incapable of actually using any of the furniture without bearing her weight upon it harshly; Regrettable really. It then became clear she simply could not fit in as she was, so she began to remove her leaves and have them scatter on the floor around her in a spiral pattern as she went from being on all fours to rising to her true shape and height, and she was quite tall as it were for a mare of marble. She was decorated to have a mix of Valkyrie armor over her torso, while the waist below had a long simple dress that reached to her hooves. Her face was bare of armor and well defined as a feminine muzzle, but her winged helmet looked quite dashing just as her short curly mane was charming. Her arms were bare, toned, and slender with nothing less but perfection, and spread upwards as though holding the ceiling herself while her wings and horn were in proud display; A beautiful Alicorn pillar if there ever was one.

Of course, she was no wallflower and actually tried to contribute to the topic herself, seemingly focusing on the ones speaking of such. A voice would slowly be heard within their heads, like a ghostly whisper reaching out to their souls. "... Telepathy... Words not said... But felt... Neuroscience, confuses us... Empathy, does not..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 am

Meglia, despite all her efforts, was only in the back of ponies minds, pretty as she stood. That was until she tried to communicate.

The stallion nodded to the armoured mare. She was worth keeping. “Glad to be speaking to a mare of some culture. Sirens, yes; I'll buy you a prize later. That sort of power was the next stop. Can you see the slippery slo-” The stallion was interrupted by a voice. It wasn't his first experience with the tingly head sensation that he could probably describe in detail from all the reading he’d been doing since he was barely an adult. The magic of whatever kept the mare together always made him shiver, though, like a ghost passing through. “It's stronger than empathy, what they can make you feel and do is special. Of course, you can't go and ask them how their incantations work. They might not even know themselves,” The stallion began to tend towards rambling, but steered himself back. “What I'm saying is, the songs my sister was working on, weren't exactly radio fodder. There's ponies out there that'd want that kind of thing.”

“So they don’t want me…?” Arioso wasn’t sure how to feel about that. It sucked that they were going to all the trouble not even for her.

“Of course, they do. If anypony could do it, you wouldn’t be worth such trouble. That’s why I’m here for you. I want to see if this is worth all the years of crap I’ve had to wade through. You probably know this, but in many Creation myths, to name a thing is to create it.  When you work on a project, you give it a name before it's complete, even if you change it. There's a magic in words, she was sure of it. I need you to test my own attempts this magic…” He hung up for a moment before sighing. “It'll be a step towards at least understanding her.”

“Sure. Whatever. I'll do it for her. Worth a try.” The short sentences were reflective of her disinterest to the situation. She didn't see much in it. “Can I sleep now?”

“If nopony has any questions?” He looked around the room, smiling as he saw how Meglia had made herself comfortable. "I can pay to get everypony a place to sleep. I don't think all of us need sleep though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Platinum walked back into the room, a bandage wrapped around her leg and she nodded, dropping into the chair next to Arioso's bed. "Sure. I was in the bathroom, so I may have missed something. What exactly is your relationship with my client?" She raised an eyebrow at him silently.

Aurora was fairly certain she knew mpre than the stallion on most topics of myths and beasts, but she was quiet until he mentioned getting her a prize. She cocked her head, before nodding. "I would be more than happy with a woman who is intelligent, fierce and strong," she said.

"I shall stay here I think. Little purpose me searching elsewhere for whag I seek at this hour," Aurora said, before trotting over to the window and stating out at the stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Meglia would not deny that Sirens and their songs did far more than simply enchant the ears. They could just as easily take lives, or send them on an entirely different fate; It made no difference to her what they might be dealing with, however, as it was all in the intent. She felt the Detective and the mare they found had good intentions, so she worried not over their likely plans of experimenting.

She curiously looked to Aurora briefly, and then back at the stallion on whether or not they were actually being serious for rewarding the otherwordly mare with a worthy mate. It certainly made her feel nostalgic to witness such an arrangement again at her age, but more so than that she was perplexed with how quickly the Detective and the Valkyrie were getting along. She remained at her lovely corner in the room, but her gaze was rather focused on Aurora more so than the others for the time being, pondering what her errands might be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:03 pm

“Last I saw her, she matches all three. If she hasn't changed.” The stallion said. He was having a different conversation, unlike the one involving brides she was having. He didn’t seem greatly pleased that when Platinum had returned she’d gone back into attacking him again. “I thought you said you didn’t care who I was to her?” Maybe she wouldn’t have gotten into the fight if she didn’t have such a strong tendency toward confrontation. Not healthy, or normal.

“I couldn’t be related to a loser like him,” Arioso laughed. She then sighed, too tired for such vivacity, “I don’t have any relatives. He’s the relative of a friend that was once very close to me. He isn't going to to be a problem, in case you can’t tell by looking at him.”

The stallion didn’t have to take this on all sides! He turned to the statue looking maybe for some kind of defence, but he didn’t expect much from one who couldn’t really talk. “It doesn't matter, I'm going anyway. You can all cuddle up, or whatever it is girls do when they sleep together.” He tried to seem dismissive as he turned to leave, but it wasn’t exactly a subtle fact that he felt cornered by females.  “I’ll see you all in the morning.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:26 pm

As the Detective made his proclamation to leave, Meglia, despite her size and build, strode with quick refined poise like a lady at a fashion show walking towards an audience... and bore some of her weight upon his shoulders when she placed both hands on them, as firm a grasp as stone. She'd then gently place a wing under his chin to look up to her while her face held a look of amused disapproval, before using the other wing to sharply point to the mares he had come to aid after a dangerous event. Surely he only needed to be reminded a little to be a gentlecolt and not leave mares alone in the line of duty?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:18 am

"I beg pardon, but do you intend for me to actually locate and then rescue my prize?" Aurora asked indignantly, raising an eyebrow beneath her helm as she studied the detective. "Because that seems hardly fair." She sighed and walked over to the chair, removing her helm for the first time as she relaxed in the corner of the room.

Platinum chuckled and nodded. "When one is less threatening than a puppy, it is hardly suprising that he bears no relation to you. And the reason I asked, was to determine whether or not it was worth my time kicking you out of the room myself, though it seems our statuesque friend here wants you to stay, and I am hardly in the mood to argue with her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 am

“What? You're here, I don't see the problem.” Stallions had declined since the mare of marble’s day. “Don't pretend I'm honour - bound to protect those that are perfectly capable. Will it make you feel better if I stay?” If anything happened in the night he could always take a chance with the window. “I like having my head supported. I'll sleep in the bathtub, alright?”

The stallion sighed at the mare in costume. Not a period of history he knew that much about. He didn't get her why though. It'd been helpful, but couldn't have been good everyday wear. “I didn't say what I promised, and I didn't say you could choose. Think of it this way, you’ll have earned it then.” He wasn't sure what the mare’s deal was. Not sure at all. “Maybe you'll get to fight evil on the way or something?”

“Stop trying to pick a fight, at least until tomorrow afternoon.” Arioso had her eyes closed. Platinum’s attitude really wasn't of too great concern to her, but one fact changed that. “You can do what you want, but I'm trying to sleep. I'll set the puppy on you if you disturb me.” it really wasn't much of a threat. She sighed and rolled onto her side, yielding half the bed for use by someone. This many ponies in a room was surely breaking some rule or policy, but meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:49 pm

Meglia seemed to sigh, but it was hard to tell when she wasn't actually breathing... Or was she? Regardless, she nodded and let the Detective go, but made sure to point to a much comfier couch instead of a hard tub before walking over to her previous spot, and becoming a lovely and perfectly still pillar once more...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:41 am

Aurora didn't reply, instead it seemed that she had managed to fall asleep, though it was not clear beneath the thick armour what was actually going on.

Platinum smiled as Arioso climbed into the bed properly, watching the Detective for a moment before pulling her dress off and following her into the bed, curling up and drifting off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:03 am

The night was calm, as was the morning, as was the afternoon before they woke up.The stallion was sat cross legged on the floor, counting out his finances. He let the marble mare help if she thought she could.
There was a rail map of Equestria beside him too it had a few routes highlighted. “You don't mind us calling you luggage, do you?” He asked Meglia, fully expecting a harsh response for one who was a lady. “It works out better that way. I've still got a prize to go out and get too...what she asked for was silly and not serious, right?” Talking to the statue was a little like having a pet for the level of companionship that was to be had.

Arioso felt only a little better after waking up. She still was tired, but she'd woken up. The mare was quick to scramble for the bathroom before it became a contested issue, taking some different clothes with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Meglia would be found the next morning exactly the same way she was the night before. Even the leaves were still around for good measure. And while her thoughts were mostly still her own, the expression on her face towards the Detective was a mildly bemused one; She nodded slowly, however, having the strategic mind to understand why she needed to be moved in a more discreet manner.

As for the other question, she simply made the gesture of crossing her heart, and then pointing from her throat to his mouth. A stallion's word is his bond, after all. He should take responsibility for making an offer in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 am

"I was completely serious thank yoy very much," came a voice from the corner of the room, the armoured mare rising up to her full height. "I expect the promised prize, or I will have to obtain it by force," she said.

Platinum yawned as she woke up, stretching and trotting into the bathroom, picking the lock if she needed to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:57 am

The door didn't offer much resistance, or reason to care about forcing it open. It was only having her employer break the contract of the room, for that second time that day. Arioso was not finished. She was shivering, still cold and slightly wet from a shower. She was in the process of getting dressed. The mare was certainly...dedicated to guarding her body. “Hey! You could have knocked if you wanted be to get out!” She was shocked and embarrassed about the abnormal behaviour of the mare. She was more confused than anything, and paused in her head naked state. “What do you want?”

The stallion was glad the statue understood the situation his finances were in after paying for two more unexpected additions. He hoped it would be just the one extra though. Unfortunately, the strange mare that had followed them had awoken, and seemed to want to stick around. “There are difficulties in forcing a mare out of a stallion…” He thought of on prospect that held very, very little appeal to him. “I never said what your prize was.” The marble mare understood that and he was sure of it, but she still wanted him to play along. Was she enjoying it? It was like he had no allies. “It's a little bit of an outdated practice, what you're asking for. You understand that, right? Do you have something to walk around in that makes it look like you don't want to stab someone?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Wed May 04, 2016 6:38 am

Meglia seemed to slump a bit as the Detective made excuses; For someone who professed to have a keen eye for things, he seemed to have a hard time finding a date for the Valkyrie when all he had to do was got two to meet. She then moved out of her spot towards the window. She pointed out to the bright beautiful world outside and then danced lightly making rather gentle gestures about two souls meeting outside in a loving embrace as she wrapped her arms and wings around herself... and then cocked a brow at him as she pointed between him, the other tall mare, and the outside as if unable to believe he couldn't handle the task of Matchmaker.

She also offered no further ideas to the plans. She technically couldn't say much and seemed to be very picky as to when her 'voice' could ever be heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri May 06, 2016 10:37 am

Platinum ignored the mare and stripped down, before stepping into the shower, completely ignoring Arioso as the warm water started to flow. Eventually she looked up and blinked. "Oh, morning boss... I would have knocked or something, but I hate having blood stick to me. So I need to shower now."

"Such difficulties are not my issue," she said as she checked her spear. "Whether or not you are able to obtain me a potential mate is your problem. And you did not say what my prize was, thus making it my prerogative to determine what it should be. How outdated could it possibly be?" she asked, before cocking her head. "You want me to remove my armour?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Fri May 06, 2016 7:41 pm

“Right…” Arioso wasn’t too convinced that she just hadn’t been noticed. She wasn’t sure it was actually possible for even the most delusional of nobles to be that dense. “You don't seem to mind it flowing on you.” She quickly dressed herself. Now that she wasn't annoyed at the intrusion it was all embarrassing. “Your head alright this morning?” She asked, opening the cabinet above the sink so she didn't have to see compromising things in the mirror fixed to the door. “Some ponies can't run themselves into the ground as a hard as I can without a few days rest. I like to make the most of my perks, I don't have much else going for me.”

The stallion tensed as the marble mare began to dance, expecting the floor to not respond kindly to having a statue bounce on it, no matter how gracefully. It seemed that she had plenty of time to practice her fine control, though since she performed great as far as he could tell. “I find it hard to believe it could be that simple when I'm involved, or finding a mare she would call fierce.” He began to inch towards the door, content to flee as he had planned last early morning. “It was meant to be a mystery gift. If I told you then it wouldn't be a mystery. And it is your problem if you want your prize. Couldn't you just hunt it with that spear of yours?” The stallion gave a nervous laugh. It was a joke. About hunting prey. To lighten things up.  “Don't make it seem like I'm asking something impure. It's just you might stand out too much wearing that, more than the spear makes you.” He looked at her as she checked her weapon, not liking the enjoyment she seemed to take from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   Mon May 09, 2016 5:47 pm

How one who made a career about snooping into other people's business didn't know others at all confused Meglia. Maybe she expected too much out of the Detective and choose to gracefully wait for him by the door as he made his way out. Surely he was going to at least tell her where he was going and if he needed her or not, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs Can Sing   

Back to top Go down

Songs Can Sing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next