A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Long Equestria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PortalHunter

PostSubject: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:25 am

::Players::
Portal as Ardor
Khaos as Prim
Lolk as Pure Light
Sunny as herself
Syntavant as Helena
Jammex as himself

Fine lines of rain slashed across the clouded sky. Ardor didn't care much for it.

She blinked in the frigid rain before stepping away. With a flicker and the faint sensation of falling, she was somewhere brighter and warmer. Much better. She shook her wings dry before disappearing again with a soft crack of displaced air.

Worlds fluttered past as Ardor hiked through the trees. Every step revealed the same general landscape and the same environment. Each forest was the same blend of large deciduous trees and evergreens, situated on the slope of a forested mountain. The trees shifted and replaced themselves around her

And the weather, always the weather. Twilight had always told her that the Long Worlds represented a contingency tree of the possible. Every world differed, by a little or a lot. The separate evolution of every world was evidently chaotic, like the weather, with small differences snowballing into significant events. And what was the weather but one of the most-used examples of a chaotic system?

The point was that it was raining in at least one out of every four worlds. Ardor had neglected to bring her rain shield.

She arrived at the transEarth facility two hundred worlds later, drenched from head to tail.

As she passed through the first of what was sure to be many security checkpoints through the transEarth compound, Ardor found her relative peace interrupted. Before her stood a pony, lavender as lavender came and wearing a rather loose labcoat across his back. Beside him stood an embarrassingly naked and strangely see-through stallion. Or mare. It was built more like a stallion though, but to assume made an ass out of you and me. Though, the collar wrapped around the thing’s neck and hooked by a leash to the labcoated pony certainly implied something.

“Ah, Miss Ardor, there you are. It is time to discuss yet another little part of your expedition.”
The griff stared at the two with wide eyes, her attention mostly on the curiously transparent one. She cocked her head, brows furrowed. She had never seen anything or anypony or whatever it – he? she? – was.

<Oh. Okay, that is new. Way to surprise.> And was that a leash?
“Right, telepathy. Nearly forgot you did that. This is Prim. Prim Alha. He’ll be part of your crew. He’s mostly self sufficient, though you might have to remind him to behave occasionally. Would you like the operations manual?” the stallion said, giving a glance at his gooey compatriot, who just seemed to blankly stare at the wall for the moment.

Ardor was sure that this was from Twilight somehow. It just had to be another one of her tests. <Yes, a manual sounds useful to have,> she projected. She tried not to let confusion leak into her voice, probably failing badly.

“Oh good, yes. Please remain still then. Prim, please, go ahead,” the stallion said, before taking a quick sidestep. The goopony’s eyes suddenly locked onto Ardor, finally taking notice of her, apparently. He took a single step towards her, legs bending in some unnatural fashion, before his face started to bubble a bit, and then thin little tendrils shot towards her, aimed straight at her face. There simply wasn’t enough time to dodge them, and she swiftly found them sliding up her nostrils and into places little goo tentacles didn’t belong.

After what felt like eternity, but was really about seven seconds, the creature pulled away, slurping back into itself. But now, Ardor had a disturbing understanding of what it was and how it worked. That did help a little, but she was still unsure about, well, a lot of things.

<W-was that it?> Ardor gasped, rubbing at her face. Everything seemed to have been explained to her. She now had almost all relevant knowledge about Prim – certainly all the required information to start the process of bonding as crewmates with the goopony.

“Well, he’s all yours then. Prim, stay with Miss Ardor now. Behave. And do what she tells you to do.” the stallion said to the creature, before just heading on to whatever other business he had in this place.

The goopony just smiled at Ardor.

Fairly realistic sunlight filtered through the trees. Birdsong echoed through the humid air of the parkland chamber. It was very still and quiet in the small subsection of temperate forest, with only a light breeze to disturb the vegetation.

The benches stood out clearly against the wooded backdrop clearly, bright lightweight alloy against mossy bark and undergrowth. Ardor lazed atop one, staring up at the skydome with half-closed eyes. She knew Prim was hanging around somewhere. Out of sight but still a friendly presence at the edge of her mind.

The rest of the crew were due here in a few minutes for the first-ever meeting for the Starswirl’s journey. Due to the rushed nature of the project, this had been planned as the first and last official meetup of the crew before launch.

Whoever had organized the meeting chamber had really wanted to strike a good first impression, it seemed to Ardor. As expected, the place was, as most of the facility was, step-proof, built deep underground. But there was fresh grass, a deep blue summer sky right above the treetops, songbirds tweeting incessantly.

She wanted to catch one very badly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://portalhunter.deviantart.com
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:11 am

Pure Light was booooored. She was in the meeting chamber, but no one was there. She didn't understand, she had the right time and place and such, so where were they?
"Eh. I have my step-certified explosives, I need no social activity!" She says, standing atop the crate of dangerously volatile ordinance and posing. Her fur sparkles majestically.
"All shall fear me! Ahahahahahahaha! Deploy the smooth jazz."
She tangos with her explosives. This is quite hard to do with a crate, but with a little telekinetic compensation and some smooth jazz, she is able to pull it off.
"Oh.... Wait a second...." Abruptly, she realizes she is in the wrong Equestria. She grabs the step-certified cassette player and crate, then trudges over to the elevator. She goes up, steps, and goes back down.

Smooth jazz and the scent of gunpowder fill the room as Pure steps out of the elavator, strides forward, stands on the table, and curls up for a nap.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:34 am

Jammex slumped against the elevator doors. He had barely slept in the last few days as he'd spent them getting his affairs in order delivering the last few shipments of explosives that were due to be sent to various clients in no less than 17 different Equestrias. He was grateful to finally get a moment of respite even if it was in an elevator heading down to the chamber where he would meet his fellow crew members for the first and final time before they went on the journey of a lifetime.
"Jeez, I spend ages getting all my shit together and just as I get my first bit of sleep in four days they decide to tell me that now is the one time I need to meet the crew. Bloody typical..." He sighed and closed his eyes.
"Well at least now I can take a moment to-- OH CRAP!" The elevator doors opened and he fell back into the chamber. Jammex groaned before raising a hoof in the air and waving lazily.
"Hi everyone, I'm your friendly neighbourhood bomb pony...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syntavant

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:53 am

Helena was nervouscited.

Although she had only ever heard the made-up term once, and it had been used by one of the only people she had ever looked up to, Miss Twilight Sparkle, during one of her many experiments. Still, she found the childish term to be an accurate one, giving her some slight comfort as the elevator descended.

As she adjusted the strap to her backpack, her mind briefly wandered back to the events of the morning prior. The princesses had kindly lent her a room to stay in for the night. She had struggled to sleep, of course. The excitement had acted as a stubborn insomniac. This did mean that she had had time to neatly fold all of her clothes, triple-check everything she had packed, and get some light reading done.

She had then promptly fallen asleep in the princess's dining room. Only then to be awakened, many hours later, by one of the cleaning maids, to inform her of her imminent lateness. She blushed slightly at the memory of herself quickly shoving down a sorry excuse for a breakfast, much to the disgust of the still-present maid, before bolting out of the door and hailing the nearest taxi.

And here she was now, bright eyed and bushy-tailed, listening to some form of contemporary elevator jazz music as she descended toward her destination. As the doors pinged open, she swallowed thickly, adjusting her military uniform and beret, before stepping  forward into the room, her heavy and over-stuffed backpack in tow.

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:19 am

On the far side of the room, previously unnoticed, another pony decided to show her bright yellow face. She couldn’t have stepped into the room, and it’s obvious she didn’t take the elevator, so how she got into the room was anyone’s guess. “It looks like I’m the last to show up, as usual…” She said to herself, taking a bite from a cookie she had with her. “Ah well, I’m here at least.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:28 pm

When did Jammex fall asleep in front of the elevator? Even he didn't know as he awoke to the sound of the elevator doors opening once more and the feeling of a pounding headache induced by his recent lack of proper sleep.
"Uhhhh I feel like I've beaten over the head with a meat tenderiser..." He sat up and pointed at the elevator, failing to notice the Lynx stepping out of it.
"I swear that elevator had duck wallpaper when I was in there..." He took a moment to finally register Helena stepping out of the elevator in from of him. Jammex rolled out of her way before quickly standing up and extending a hoof in greeting.
"Hi, I'm Jammex. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Syntavant

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Helena paused at the sight of the earth pony extending his hoof out to her. She had to actively fight the instinct to break into a salute and complicated spiel bout her name and rank and what she had for breakfast that morning. Instead, she held a paw out to shake the proffered hoof, smiling politely.

"I'm Helena. A pleasure to meet you, Jammex. I trust you are here for the long world project?" She asked, adjusting her beret again. As she did, she quickly noticed all of the other people gathered in the parkland chamber, before then noticing that she had somewhat overpacked.

"And greetings to all of you, too." She blushed slightly, self-consciously adjusting the heavy pack on her back.

PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:47 am

Ardor strode forward with purpose, crunching her way through fallen leaves. The skydome was now fluffy with faraway cumulonimbus clouds.

Everyone seemed to be here now. Things were in order. There were two of her new crewmates by the elevator. Two others were in the chamber as well. Ardor hadn't really felt one of them arrive, though. Funny...
And so all of the main crew were present now. Excellent. But what was that smell?

Gunpowder and something acrid, plasticky, slightly sweet. Feline musk. Coffee, the sloppy thin kind they brewed in the facility’s upper levels. Cookies too. And, somewhere in there, the smell of rain. She dismissed this with a shrug.

They were all on schedule with minutes to spare. Her inner Twilight was complimenting her, surely. Ardor creeped towards the lynx and the pony, wings half-open. With a light grin and perked-up ears, Ardor projected, <Greetings! Nice to meet you all.> She made sure her words got through by doing the telepathic equivalent of shouting politely. First impressions were important. <I am Ardor Cadency, as you may all know. And that makes all six of us here!> She smiled toothily, eyes flashing red.

Ardor couldn't really tell where Prim was, though. She never really could.

Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:45 am

The yellow mare raised an eyebrow at Ardor’s method of communication. “Huh… Telepathy… Better than a chalkboard at least. Hope it doesn’t work both ways, otherwise there will be some very interesting talks.” She thought with a chuckle before trotting up to meet with them. “Hey there, name’s Sunshine. Good to meet some new faces. It gets tiring seeing the same ones over and over…”

Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:34 am

Pure continues to nap atop her explosives, which are atop the table in the room.
The smooth jazz continues.
Occasionally, one of them sparks.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 am

Prim had decided to take a tour of the cavernous room while waiting for the rest of the party. Ardor had, after all, failed to give him any orders, so he was utterly free to roam around and do as he wished. This included slinking along the walls and ceiling of the sizeable chamber, which is where he found himself for a few minutes, giving himself quite the viewpoint on his new 'friends'.
This was aided by the roughness of the ceiling. He could even maintain his quadrupedal form while walking upside down, so long as he spread his feet out widely enough for surface tension to give him a grip.
Up until he hit an annoyingly smooth section of ceiling. That was an unanticipated development, and resulted swiftly in him losing his grip, and falling back to the ground like gravity wished he had done the moment he had decided climbing on ceilings was an appropriate action.
It just so happened, however, that this particular spot of smooth ceiling was directly above the one called Pure Light. Given that besides the sound of wind streaming past his body, Prim did not even make a peep during his descent, she was likely to be utterly surprised when something heavy, wet, and sticky landed on top of her and proceeded to dissociate into a pile of gore everywhere in her general area, including all over her fur and in her lovely explosives. It even put out those lovely sparks.
Though it was perhaps a bit disturbing that the chunks took humor in landing in time with the smooth jazz's tempo.

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Pure bolts upright as the goo lands on her, before suddenly it's on the ceiling again and she's under the table. Those watching closely might've noticed a flash from her horn before the spatial distortion occurred, but it was very brief. The he explosives are nowhere to be seen.
The Jazz changes to a waltz.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 am

<Yes! I am very glad to have met you all. Seems as though all of us have-->

Then Prim arrived.

<questioning confusion>

Then he went away again.

Now she could tell where he was. She looked up at the gentle curve of the skydome.

<Hey, Prim, how is it up there?> Ardor asked, giggling. Then she turned her attention to the table. More specifically, underneath it.

Tilted head, ears cocked inquisitively. <Oh? Hello? Apologies for the sudden intrusion. I hope that did no damage. Nicely handled!> An eye twitches. <You must be Pure Light. Greetings!>

The sky overhead began to flicker, changing from the blue of midday to a fiery sunset. A trail of bright white formed in the grass and dirt, flowing towards the far side of the chamber.

Ardor grinned wildly, ears twitching rapidly.

Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:48 am

Prim once more arrives from the heavens to greet the world. After all, he had been teleported straight up. Right back to the spot that he'd lost his grip on last time.
He calmly fell, yet again, only with twice as much energy thanks to someone taking offense to his first attempt to reach the earth.
Once again, he exploded.
On the other hoof, so did the table. Snapped right in half under the force of impact as Prim splattered into a lot more than two pieces.
Cyan blue goo probably did not constitute gore, but it was a close enough approximation.

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:23 am

Prude rolls ou form underneath the table, then disappears as her magic transports her above Ardor. Moments later, Ardor would find her breathing as a fairly heavy unicorn clings to her for dear life.
The waltz continues to play, but the chord progression foreshadows a change back into smooth jazz. After a moment, Pure regains her senses, and releases Ardor. "*Ahem* Yes... I am Pure Light."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:32 am

A bright flash. Sudden weight!

The goopony came down so slowly and so serenely, a blur backed by warm colours.

Ardor's left wing came up reflexively at the same time, shielding her face. She did not want to know what Prim tasted just yet.

"Eep!" Almost losing balance, legs almost buckling. <Whoa there.>

And then Ardor faced the unicorn, beginning to giggle. <Yes. Great to see you.>

She turned her attention towards Prim. The mental presence was still there just fine. <You good there?>

The path of light pulsed a violently bright shade of magenta.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Jammex jumped back with surprise as Prim splats on the table, the various chunks of the goo pony appearing to turn into into a pile of rubber ducks. He stared with a sense of amazement as the goo pony reappeared, seemingly out of nowhere and did the exact same thing again, this time the chunks turned into cuddly toys of various sizes. His amazement quickly turned to horror as the toys stood up and glared at him, their eyes glowing red and razor sharp fangs growing out of their mouths which all shared the same evil grin. They all started advancing towards him as a demonic voice filled the room. "Play with us, Jammex.... Play with us....FOREVER!"

Jammex let out a scream of terror as he turned and ran straight into the wall, knocking the stallion unconscious..... Maybe he should sleep more to avoid hallucinations like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:26 am

Sunny couldn’t help but burst into laughter at the scene before her. When such lovely slapstick presents itself, it would be most ungrateful of her to not laugh. After a moment though, she calmed down. “Well, I can’t think of a better way to start an adventure than with a laugh. Here’s hoping the rest of the journey is just as amusing.” She said, then glanced at Ardor. “How soon until we go?”

Back to top Go down
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:27 am

<How soon until we depart?> Ardor's smile grew wider and wider, exposing lots of sharp teeth. <We will be heading off now, just as soon as we finish—>

Then Jammex ran into a wall really hard and probably hurt himself.

Ardor's smile lost structural integrity. <I think I should go check if that pony is alright.>

Launch Day.

[Cycle 1]

Morning. 21°C.

The view out of the ship was quite nice. Overlooking trees and the facility from all the way up here made Ardor feel big. The sunset was marred by clouds. The sky leaked fiery colours and the wind was strong. Ardor didn't quite feel grounded and the hum of the ship's systems was just noticeable but she was fine with that. A storm was coming, but they would not have to worry about it at all.

She kept talking to the crew. Prim was presumably 'hanging around' somewhere again. The goopony was a vague tickling at the back of her mind at the moment. Jammex was off taking a nap in his cabin. The others were in the eastern lounge with her, discussing things that needed to be done in the first few days of the mission. The launch was in a few hours, and everyone seemed to be mostly ready.

Ardor was suspended in a tangle of arcane wiring and crystal resonators. It looked much simpler when she was in the contraption.

She was the ship.

Wind speed, temperature, air pressure, elevation, spectroscopic analyses... all hers, bound together with sensory input and abstract intuition. A few comm channels lay open in her entoptic displays.

Spike gave a thumbs-up and a grin, lying down in front of a control panel that seemed way too tiny for him. He filled up half the room.

A closer view at Twilight, seated in front of the control panel with a practised look of veiled excitement. The crisp uniform she was wearing was straight and neat.

Five engineers and six scientists, all of them in fervent discussion. They all seemed to have at least tried to dress properly.

Ardor breathed in deeply. The feeling was drowned out by the motions of the airship, but it helped clear her head.

She glanced at Prim's hibernating shell for a second.

A countdown began.

[43]

Ardor didn't have to do much. The ship took care of itself for the most part, but she could not take them across worlds.

[16]

[15]

[14]

Ardor had already said her goodbyes.

[10]

[9]

No contact for months.

[6]

[5]

[4]

Ardor smiled at Twilight.

They exchanged a look.

They nodded.

[2]

[1]

Ardor stepped. The ship stepped.

Rain battered the hull. Thunder cracked nearby.

Then the sky was a clear blue.

And now there were fluffy, wispy clouds on the horizon.

Wind sheared past the windows and the ship creaked a little.

Worlds flickered past serenely while Ardor cheered very loudly through the ship's speakers.

Back to top Go down
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:55 am

Jammex awoke to the sound of Ardor cheering through the speakers. He sat up and went to rub his head but winced as he touched the sizeable bruise he now had from running into a wall. "Uhhhh my head. What happened? I remember... Well crap, I don'tremember anything." He turned his head and looked out the window to see different worlds just passing by. "Well at least I know the ship launched successfully. That's something."

Jammex continued to look outside for a few moments, watching as the last few Equestrias familiar to him passed the ship. He sighed. "New ground from here on out..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Pure yawns widely as she stands aboard the ship, her Sparkle-approved, Step-certified explosives next to her.
They still hadn't got anywhere near her limit of exploration; until that happened, she would take a nap. She yawns,a nod curls up next to her explosives.
Her magic pokes Sunny. "Wake me up when we're 3 million worlds out...."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long Equestria   

Back to top Go down

The Long Equestria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1