A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Slightly to the west of Ponyville laid the White Tail Woods. Mostly calm and temperate for the most part, with a slight chill on the autumn breeze flowing through the leaves. In this forest walked a pony. Taller than average, with a blue mane and grey fur, blue grey wings, and a silver band on his right hand, his eyes scanned the forest before him. Dressed in casual clothing that concealed his highly athletic build, he was looking for somepony a few of the townsfolk had mentioned lived here. On occasion, he watched the forests at night as a favor for the town, and he wished to meet this pony, so he wouldn't mistake them for someone hostile in future days. He didn't have much detail beyond the fact that she was a pegasus.

"If you're out there Miss, I ask that you reveal yourself. I don't mean any harm, I just want to talk." He called out, keeping his eyes and ears alert. Though he wasn't suspecting hostility, he was walking into someone else's domain, and they may take some level of offense to this.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:08 pm

a figure dropped from the trees, they wore a large black cloak that almost seemed weightless as it flowed in the wind disguising their figure and size. they spoke "what do you want?" they said in a rich female voice, quick and to the point, she seemed like she wanted this altercation over with.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:57 am

"I'd heard there was a pony living in this forest, and I wanted to meet them for myself. On occasion I watch the forest at night, and I didn't want there to be any confusion. Although..." Sword shifted back into a defensive stance. "From the way you dropped out of nowhere, it seems this forest is already being watched. Got a name, Miss?"

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:31 am

"you can call me snow, how about you?" under the hood she focused on the stallion ahead of her. she noticed the defencive stance made by the stance and moved her hand close to her body and clenched the barb tipped long dagger strapped to her back, this action made almost no movement on the cloak.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:36 am

"Sword Symphony." he replied. He couldn't see it well, but his combat sense alerted him to her grasping of a weapon, him opening his right hand in response, as if to grab something that wasn't there. "Any particular reason you're reaching for that weapon, Miss Snow? I didn't come with the intention of starting an altercation, but if you insist..." he left the end open, not sure how she'd proceed from here.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:46 am

"you are a stranger, you are armed, you are near my home, i think i have every reason to grasp my weapon, even if a fight does not break out it is better to be ready to fight and not, than to be unprepared and be attacked." she stated, her tone not provoked not sounding like she was trying to calm everything down, just explaining her position.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:13 am

"That is a true statement. However... it seems neither of us want to relax our stance, or back down. So here's what I propose," The band on Sword's right hand glowed for a moment, a light one-handed sword appearing from the nothingness which he grasped the handle of. "A small contest of skill. If you can best me right here and now, I'll leave you in peace. If I can best you however, you and I will have a little chat. Sound good to you?" He asked. Sword took no stance, he gripped his blade by his side, point towards the ground as he waited for her reply.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:33 am

she bowed her head a little. "you seem to be alone, so you'd think i'd be confident, but the confidence you seem to show and the willingness to fight.. you are either a skilled swordsman or an arrogant fool, so im not confident, not at all. so now i choose, and i accept. what are your intended rules?" snow asked tightening her grip on the handle of the small blade not sure what to expect, already she was planning ahead, who was this and what was she about to face.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 am

"I'm just a humble swordspony from Ponyville, who walks the path of the warrior. The only rule I'd say is don't cause any serious injury." Sword replied, still not taking a stance, himself appearing very relaxed, apart from his wings which were half extended, but not tense. "On your move, Miss Snow."

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:47 am

snow, under her cloak drew her blade and took a few steps back, she still was completely covered by her cloak and as ever the cloak seemed to hold its structure and slightly blow in the wind. she focused on him she did not want to miss a beat.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:02 pm

"It seems you're not eager to make the first blow. Very well then, I shall come to you!" Sword charged. When he got within striking ranged, he struck, a horizontal slash aimed at her upper right arm. Following his strike, he stepped forward with his left foot, and slashed down diagonally, stepping back in time with his slash, back into a defensive form, watching her response as he did so.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:27 pm

as soon as snow saw this charge she sprung her first plan hoping the movement of her opponent would disguise her movements she dropped and slid back out of the back of the cloak which continued to hold its stance and structure. quickly snow attempted to hide in the shadows, if she was seen her figure was very slim, muscular, and somewhat short, she was wearing a cloth and leather body wrap set, all dyed dark blue and brown, additionally she had weird wrist guards both with metal covers but on the left had she had weird parts attached on the side, on her face she wore a black blindfold, and her hair was tied back in a braid with fluffy bits at the front. the sword blows to the cloak hit some resistance similar to hits a wire fence.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Sword's blade would have batted the coat away with relative ease, him catching a good glimpse of her features as she bounded off into the shadows. "I see you have no sight, Miss Snow..." He remarked, easing back into no stance, the blade he was gripping vanishing. "And that you wish to make this a game of stealth. I'll play along with you for now." Remaining perfectly still, Sword slowed his breathing, ears twitching for the slightest unnatural noise, eyes watching for any movement as he waited for Snow to make her play. At the very least, she would have to come to him now...

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 pm

snow noticed her opponent stop, she could tell what he was doing but it has a floor. she quietly held her and out focused stopping her movement ready to move again though, the device on her wrist lit up for a second which swarmed around her hand and within a seconds a magic, projectile like object was sent out which made an echoing bang a second later near sword, using this she hoped to daze him long enough to get up into a tree. atleast 6m away from where she cast the implosive bang spell thing.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Sword's well trained eyes spotted her as her device lit up, eyes locking onto her wrist, body now moving on instinct as his clarisentience kicked in, alerting him to the type of attack she was about to launch at him. He crouched, wings opening, and as the spell fired he flattened his ears to shield them from the sonic assault, charging 10 ft in a fraction of a second before leaping forward, gusting off his wings at her, hurling through the air, a small defensive tanto, blunt, with no edge appearing in his grasp as he did so. "Found you!" he cried as he threw the tanto at her center mass.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:59 pm

if she had time to think 'shit' would be what she was thinking, but her martial training kicked in, her wings flexed and pushed herself to the side while at the same time using her magic to grab the or at least slow and redirect the tanto, next she lunged forward changing her focus, digging her foot into the ground going as fast as she could while sword was open and attempted to slam the hilt of the dagger into swords stomach and if she had enough time, stop using her magic on redirection of the tanto and attempt to slow or atleast make it hard for sword to counter or avoid her strike.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Sword dismissed the tanto from reality as she grasped it with her magic, turning his attention to the mare now conducting an offense against him. His wings flared, bringing him to a fast stop. Turning in time with her lunge, his right hand moved to grab her wrist as his turn moved his torso out of harms way, while simultaneously he executed a side kick at her abdomen, putting some decent power behind it, wanting to take Snow out in one fell swoop.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:53 pm

snow was in a vulnerable position before the kick so all she could do was pull as hard as she could away with her wrist, tencing. at the same time she threw all she had magic wise against him, hitting him like a storm force wind, also trying to use her wings to pull herself away, if she gets away she will try to use her momentum to swing her leg round, bent until the last moment when she would extend and full force kick him in the front, using her device to fling a ball of magic at his side faster than the kick would be but a fraction of a second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Sword released his grip on the smaller female, despite his obvious strength advantage. He found this a better option than over-committing to offense and getting caught off guard by her magical gauntlet. With his composure regained, he tightened his defenses. As her kick and magical blast began, he stepped to the side of the kick, raising his right arm to block the kick, turning to the side of the blast to avoid it. At the same time, Sword's band flashed, a sword appearing in his left hand, the blade edge forming mere millimeters from Snow's throat as he grasped the handle, not moving the blade at all. "Do you wish to continue, Miss Snow? Its obvious we could go round and round for several more minutes if you wish, but perhaps we could take a moment of respite, and chat on more friendly terms?" He'd say, watching her magic launching arm carefully.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:42 pm

her compositor laxed slowly moving her no empty dagger hand to the swords blade, pinched it and pulling it away, "ok then" she agreed reluctantly, nodding her head slightly

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Sword nodded, dismissing his blade, taking a few steps back. Placing a flat palm on top of a balled fist in front of him, he bowed as a measure of respect. "Your skill in Oto No Michi is impressive. Its such a rare martial art it took me a moment to recognize it. Perhaps you could show me the way to your dwelling, and pour us something to drink. And you can tell me how a blind mare happens across such an artifact strapped to your arm. And how you practice your martial art while blind, though magical vision is not far fetched. Would you be ok with these things?"

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:12 pm

she placed her left index finger to her brow and bowed "you beet me, although the fight was not over i have no doubt eventually you would have, you had the advantage over me from the start, and i said i would have that word with you if i lost so fine, but i have a child at my main cottage so we should go to the living quarters adjacent to the main building" she said grabbing her dagger of the floor and sliding it into her sheif. she walked to the now battered cloak and collapsed the inner structure and put it under her arm "its this way" she explained as she began to walk through the woods getting deeper.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:35 pm

"Of course, I've no intentions of interfering with your family life Miss Snow. Please lead the way." As she began to walk through the woods, he followed her closely. "So you're raising a child out here. I must say, that has to be quite the challenge. Would I be correct in assuming you do this task along?" He asked as he followed her path.

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:02 pm

"it can be, there father died shortly after my youngest was born, i wont lie it's been easier since my oldest left home" as they walked the 2 building structure became visible. at the door she opened the it and held the door open for sword "after you" she said gesturing into the smaller building. on the inside it was mostly wooded, there were swords and other weapons decorating the walls. in the deepest side was a mall monument to snows martial arts journey including a picture frame with a blindfold with very simple eyes drawn on. there was sofas lining the outskirts of the building and a festral dining table in the center.

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 pm

"My sympathies for the loss of you mate." Sword replied, ducking slightly as he entered her home, moving aside so she could pass and continue to lead the way. He took a few seconds to examine her monument as he did so. "Thank you for the hospitality, you keep a good home Miss Snow."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)    

Back to top Go down

Meetings in the Forest (Private w/ Unity)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next