A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 
 

 Kicking Up Dust

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Kicking Up Dust   Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:45 am

The sun began to set on the land. The jungles began to come alive with the creatures of the night, singing their ritualistic songs which echoed through the large trees and the mysterious, tall structures that stood as tall as the sky. This was once a thriving city, in a time long past and lost to history. Now it was home to many dangers as well as treasures and mysteries. The rusted skeletons of the buildings and once useful machines of transportation had been reclaimed by nature, the grass bursting from concrete, vines growing to the tops of buildings where trees made their roots.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandy:
Your travels have led you far across the land. One day, you heard tale of a band of raiders that sounded ominously like those that had killed your parents. Seeking answers, you have come to the cityscape in search of the ruthless brutes who had wronged you.

Phantom
You have wandered into the cityscape thanks to the less than helpful (and expensive) directions of someone you had passed on the road. Low on supplies, your best hope of survival lies in scavenging what you can from the ruined, yet somehow familiar structures that wait ahead of you.

Silver
You did not come here by choice. You were brought here by an angry customer. More importantly, this angry customer also happens to be the one who collected the protection money you payed to ensure your shop wasn't destroyed. You're currently standing in one of the mysterious structures, beat up, with a gun in your face. Four stallions have brought you here and are currently debating on the best way to kill you.

Verde
You're on the run! A wild beast is tracking you, and you've found temporary solace in one of the buildings. But you know it won't be long before the beast gets to you. There's a door in the back of the room you're currently in, but you think you hear voices on the other side. Meanwhile, the beast, something akin to a large cat, is slowly clawing its way through the overgrown vines and worn out walls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:00 am

Silver snarled, his dagger just a few inches from his feet. His eyes darted back and forth from the gun to his dagger. He was standing with his back against the wall, stones and metal sticking into his back. His eyes lit up as he felt a loose bit of metal. Maybe there was some hope after all.

He kept his eyes onto the four stallions at all times. He was not going to go down without a fight, that was for sure. He left the dagger for what it was for now and waited for the opposite party to make a move. Whatever it would be, he was ready, despite all the aches and bruises he had gotten from the past battles. He still had a few tricks up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
LeoValkenhein

avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 20
Location : United States, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:42 am

"Bloody useless pegasus, couldn't tell his left from his right and took the last of my bits to send me walking in circles for half the day..." Phantom mutters under his breathe as he rummages through a pile of debris, picking up cans and inspecting their contents before tossing them over his shoulder where they clang hollowly against the broken concrete of the road, "I would have been better off looking for landmarks from before the cataclysm, as if any of them are standing in any kind of recognizable state..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:47 am

Sandy would be walking down the street with her rag bag and Air cannon hanging on her back.
Her tribes tattoos marked on her left arm. Her metal arm took the right, Wearing normal survival clothing which is a jacket made of patches of multiples of other clothing.
"So this is the city? risky with lack of defenses, town of ether fools or beggars of death. No wounder why raiders come here." Sandy talking to her self, trying to get a layout of the new location.

OOC/ Her Cannon:
 

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy Pyrtinker Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2014-03-19
Location : Sherwood, OR

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:49 am

Verde huffs and puffs a little, leaning against the nearest wall that's the furthest away from the direction that the beast seems to be trying to get in. Safe inside at the moment, she calmly pushes cartridges into the tube magazine of her lever-action rifle and keeps a close eye on the direction that the animal is coming from Her ear perks at the sounds of voices on the other side of a door and as she finishes loading and pulls the first cartridge into the chamber, she scoots over to the door and listens closely to what's being said, deciding whether they sound hostile or what. All the while, the rifle remains pointed at the other wall so that the moment the beast breaks a hole, she can start shooting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:07 am

"What are we waiting for? Why don't we just shoot him and be done with it?" On of the four stallions said, racking his shotgun and pointing it at Silver. "No no no, I say we bring him up to the roof and drop him off the edge." Another says, twirling a machete. The other two contemplated the options, one carrying a laser pistol and the other a rifle.

Verde would be able to hear everything from her side of the door. Meanwhile, the animal was almost through the wall of stone and vegetation. Verde would have to choose her plan of action soon.

Phantom would be lucky enough to stumble upon the long-dead skeleton of some unfortunate adventurer. He had no weapon, but in his clothing were some packaged rations.

Sandy, as she was venturing through the valley of structures, would see a rather pale looking thestral rummaging through the rubbish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Silver gripped the piece of metal tight, trying to break it off the wall as silently as possible. The sound would alert them, he would need to act quickly. He eyed the weapons, mentally cursing, racking his brain for those little facts about firearms that could be handy right now.
"What do you want from me?" he snarled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Sandy would stop and stare at the thestral. She then grabbed her combat knife she had holster on he waist but, did draw it as she slowly approach it. "Your Okay mate?"

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy Pyrtinker Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2014-03-19
Location : Sherwood, OR

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Verde weighs her apparent options: beast of indeterminate toughness that might well be able to take a few bullets to the front before shredding her, or thugs with guns who seem to be determined to kill someone for some reason. I'm a bigger fan of shooting things and being shot at than being eaten anyway. Silver's question is the approximate point at which Verde would step back from the door, note the direction that the hinges ran, and either pushes or pulls it open as appropriate, her gun cradled against her shoulder and ready to fire once before she brings the free hand up to stabilize. As such, she makes sure to aim her first shot at the thug furthest away from Silver, which would probably miss. She then pulls the loop to load in the next cartridge and eject the first, and brings her gun up to aim through the Elkhorn sights. "Howdy," she says with a fairly distinct Trottingham accent. "Right behind me is a ravenous and very pissed-off something-or-the-other. I think we all want to keep our meat where it is. So, I'm thinking that we've got a few options: we all get out and I get the guy with the knife, we all get eaten including the guy with the knife, or I start shooting you and run away with the guy with the knife. One of these options involves you being alive at the end and I think you like that one the most." She smiles broadly and pleasantly and they'd no doubt be able to hear the thing tearing through the walls behind her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoValkenhein

avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 20
Location : United States, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:46 am

Phantom cocks his head when notices a yellowish object jutting out of some tattered cloth. The thestral leans down to inspect it more closely and grins upon discovering that it is bone wrapped in torn clothes. He quickly shoves aside the other rubbish to unbury the body and rummage about in it's pockets, "Bingo," he whispers to himself and produces a handful of M.R.E's, stuffing them into his pack and about to return to his search when the sound of another's voice makes his ear twitch.

Phantom curses himself under his breathe for making so much noise and not paying attention to his surroundings. Unsure of whether or not there is a gun pointed at the back of his head, the thestral decides it best to be cautious and slowly turns towards the voice, hands raised above his head to show he is not an obvious threat.

"I am quite alright, thank you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:38 pm

"Gutsy move not be equipped, Friend or foe?" Sandy slowly approached the thestral with her knife still on draw.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy Pyrtinker Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoValkenhein

avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 20
Location : United States, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:28 am

Phantom rolls his eyes at the question, Honestly, what kind of a question is that? Who would ev- his thought is cut off by a sudden *bang!*

The thestral turns towards where he thinks the sound came from, unable to tell for certain the distance or direction given the echoes caused by the ruined city-scape. He then turns back to the mare and calmly lowers his arms, reaching under his cloak to the left for his short-sword as he says, "I think we have more pressing matters than each other, friend."


Last edited by LeoValkenhein on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:33 am

Verde's words might have gone heard, had she not decided to shoot before asking questions. The already jittery bunch of thugs returned fire almost immediately, shooting at Verde with urgent confusion. They take cover behind some shelves sending bullets flying in a hale. One of the bullets grazes Silver's shoulder. It would be wise for them to take cover soon.

Phantom and Sandy would hear the exchange of gunfire plainly, echoing through the cityscape in an muffled opera of bangs and booms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Silver looked up with a bit more hope as he saw the mare. The distraction was enough to break the piece of metal off the wall to use it as a weapon, but he knew it became useless the moment he heard the thugs fire their guns. He cursed and ducked, trying to get away, but the bullet grazed his shoulder and with a yelp of surprise he fell. As he looked up, his dagger was right there and he grabbed as quick as possible, putting it back in its sheath.

He quickly crawled behind a pile of rubble, out of sight and line of fire of both the stranger and his enemies. He hoped the mare would be friendly towards him; he had come across a few instances where the saying 'the enemy of your enemy is your friend' didn't ring true. Still, he couldn't just let her face the thugs alone, that wouldn't be fair. He observed the battlefield and started crawling towards the thugs, hoping to be able to sneak behind them and pick a one-on-one fight, hoof-to-hoof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:32 am

Sandy pulled out her revolver. "Agree, possible raiders, possible lead to killers. Follows the echos. friend," Sandy began to follow the sounds of the echos of the gun fight. Hoping the thestral would follow (Or at least not try to kill her.) Using her knowledge of hunting to track the gun fight.
Upon arrival sandy would stay in cover and watch the gun fight watching which one the bad guys.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy Pyrtinker Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoValkenhein

avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 20
Location : United States, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:38 am

Phantom nods at the mare as he draws his sword, reaching across to his left to pull out his dagger as well. He follows close behind her and crouches down next to the mare once they're outside the building where the gunfire seems to be originating.

"Alright, how are we going to play this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:59 am

"Not sure who attacking who. I'll keep watch over fight see where it goes. What you do up to you." sandy loaded he revolver and keep an keen eye on everyone fighting.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy Pyrtinker Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2014-03-19
Location : Sherwood, OR

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:58 am

"On further reflection, I think I just committed a rather grievous error in judgement, eh wot?" Verde comments very calmly as she takes cover beside the door frame, imposing it between herself and all those guns, and misfortunately presenting her back to the unknown beast. "I don't suppose the lot of you heard me about the very nasty very angry very hungry thing that's coming through the wall to eat everyone's faces?" she shouts at them, trying to be heard over the flurry of gunfire. "I'm highly favorable to all of us shooting that thing before we continue this little tete a tete!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Silver managed to sneak up behind the thugs while the mare kept all their attention to her. His ears perked at the mention of the 'thing' that might be dangerous. One monster at the time, please...
he thought, but he shrugged it off and started to pick a fight with the thug that was the furthest away from the other few and managed to kick his gun out of his hands. He had his dagger ready for any counter attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:58 am

Phantom and Sandy would have to be careful in their approach, as a stray bullet or two scraped the walls where windows once sat as Verde defended herself. If they looked carefully, they would be able to see four ponies, armed, and hiding behind some rubble and old wall, just as Silver hopped up and managed to kick a gun free from one of the their hands.

Hopefully Silver was good at hand-to-hand, becase the thug he had just attacked was not very happy about it and went to tackle him, causing the two to wind up tangled on the floor in a fight for their lives.

Meanwhile, the large feline had managed to dig its way through and burst through the door Verde had come through with a vicious roar, bearing fangs and attracti g attention to itself as it hissed at the gunfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:16 am

"that reasonable enough" Sandy witnessing silver getting tackle and took aim at silver attackers. "Damn guy hold still. Time to run." Sandy figuring no one paying attention to her made a dash to with gun draw in mids of her dash she aim for one of the thugs shooting at Verde and pulled the trigger. Followed by taking cover behinds some rubble, blocking her self from the thugs. "You may turn your attention to large cat. Cat could take your limb." Sandy waved her Metal arm to Verde.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy Pyrtinker Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.


Last edited by jz96 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Metal arm hyper link)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeoValkenhein

avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 20
Location : United States, New Hampshire

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 am

Phantom really wished he had a gun right now and decided he'd take one of the bandits' if he survived this. With everyone's attention divided between dodging bullets and the massive beast that just crashed through a doorway, Phantom took the opportunity to try and sneak around the outside of the building and get behind the monster Staying low and hugging the wall he swiftly made his way around to the now shattered doorway, hoping the gunshots would hide his steps and the wreak of black powder would mask his scent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Silver wasn't phazed by the tackle. Not at all; he was glad for it. Hand-to-hand combat was his thing. As he rolled over the floor, fighting to stay alive, he put all the tips and tricks he learned to use. First, disarm him, make sure he has no chance on retrieving his firearm. He held his dagger close, ready to give the final blow. He struggled keeping up with him - the thug was better than he'd thought. He just needed to be better. The dagger glistened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2014-03-19
Location : Sherwood, OR

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm

"Oh hey, it's a murderkitty-thing that wants to eat our faces." Verde grins back at the yowling cat. "OK, let's meet the murderkitty guys, don't stop shooting, you don't want your faces eaten, kaythankscomingin." And with that, Verde ducks below where they're spraying bullets and dives through the doorway with what is no doubt the murderkittything right at her flanks and immediately starts crawling towards them, hoping that their bullets hit the thing and make it more interested in the whoevers than it is in her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:39 am

Sandy's round would hit it's mark, landing square in the back of one of the thugs and causing him to reel back, dropping his weapon as he bled out. It was about then that the large feline made it's move lunging towards the last free thug, who tried to run before it caught his leg and dragged him away from his cover. The next sound to mix with the low growls and hisses were the thugs screams as the beast chomped down on his leg and snapped the bone in its jaw.

Which left only the one that Silver was wrestling with. Seeing his friends be quickly overwhelmed, began to fight harder, the threat of death driving him to survive. He manages to throw Silver on his back and jump onto him, readying his fist for a punch, before he's suddenly swept away by the feline beast, teeth sinking into flesh and dragging the screaming thug away into the room it had come from.

The four adventurers were alone now, among the dead and soon to be with a hungry monster feasting in the back room. They would need to decide what to do now, and who was friend or foe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kicking Up Dust   

Back to top Go down
 
Kicking Up Dust
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Cards like Mystical Space Typhoon or Dust Tornado
» New Caprice kicking ass on Dodge
» "Rust in the Dust" car show
» [BOSH]Gadarla, the Mysterious Dust Kaiju
» Dust tornedo

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: NSFW-
Jump to: