A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Brand New OC Character Thread 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ursus Night

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:38 am

Name Twisted Fang “Silver”

Race: Changeling (However due to his albinism his carpis is silver not black and his eyes a deep red which often unsettles other changelings and pony’s )

Mane: Grey but put into a braided ponytail

Coat: Silver

Cutie mark.: N/a

Distinguishing Features: albinism, twisted canine tooth on right side

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Very skilled with long rifles (such as snipers and DMR’s), Has training in fallen cizar style of zebra martial arts

Weaknesses: Has very little knowledge of magic and can only do the most mundane of tasks with it (Such as/Levatation up to 20 pounds/ basic chageling shapeshifting but can only change into zebras not griffions or ponys/batponys )

Gear: Hunting rifle, combat knife, Ghillie suit, and pip buck

History: Silver grew up in a zebra encampment in hoofington where he had learned most of what he knows. He was sold to them by slavers as an exotic slave but seeing as he was physically fit and very strong of will they decided to instead train him as an infiltrator but seeing as he was only able to morph into a zebra it was unsuccessful but for better or worse he was touched by the star maiden and cursed

Personality: He is nice to most when the situation presents itself however is somewhat racist against ghouls seeing as he was put into slavery by them

Current Home: He has not had a home besides the encampment but often travels with caravans and sleeps with them

Misc: Unknown at current moment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:54 am

Ursus Night wrote:
Name Twisted Fang “Silver”

Character approved for FoE RPs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ursus Night

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Name:Gar’vak Gro’oul

Race: Changeling

Mane: no mane nor hair.

Coat: dark black carapace

Cutie mark.:N/a

Distinguishing Features: Very very large, 4 arms two on the inner torso and much smaller and two outer much larger and muscular arms, flat and armored head, a long and thick reptile like tail

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Very large and heavily armored carapace, inhuman strength (enough to tear a large tree out of the ground), Fiercely intelligent, Acid ball (is able to spit up a large ball of acid to corrode most objects or units)

Weaknesses:Has no magic what-so-ever and the horn on his head is merely due to his breed,is able to be manipulated by someone with a stronger will than his very easly and this has let to many problems in his extended life, is rather slow in movement (not strikes) as he is heavily armored, wings are very sensitive and are hurt at any rough treatment, only capable of basic speech however putting together full sentences is beyond it at this current point.

Occupation: Was originally bred for a full scale siege on canterlot, however was deemed a waste or resources and banished seeing as how long it lived and how much it consumed

Gear:N/a

History: This behemoth of a changeling was bred to be on the front lines of the changeling invasion breaking down walls while controlled by the hivemind it was meant to tear canterlot down by the foundations however it was deemed that it was using too much of the already scarce, and valuable resources. They tried to kill it using normal changeling warriors however it was too resourceful and powerful for 3 entire squadrons to kill. They sent it away with the hive mind forcing it to leave peacefully by smothering its will after many years of living in the everfree it emerges from the forests to seek a new fate that above a primitive animal

Personality: gruff and short, attempts to be kind but is often misunderstood

Current Home: Everfree forest

Misc: Has a burning hate for its own kind and will often attack other changeling without cause unless calmed by a trusted pony reference picture:http://img03.deviantart.net/92af/i/2014/244/5/c/changeling_defiler_by_keilink-d7xj4s2.png
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Ursus Night wrote:
Name:Gar’vak Gro’oul

Approved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawnpath

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:01 am

Name: Clear Skies
Race: Android - Plane
Mane: N/A
Coat: Shiny, steel, and flexible.
Cutie mark.: N/A
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: In place of a tail, she has a fixed plane tail. She also has fixed plane wings off her shoulders, and a propeller that covers her mouth and nose like a mask. If her propeller is off, she has a working jaw with a speaker in the back. While her wings are definitely steel, her body is made of a synthetic materiel designed to look and feel like normal skin. It has sensors that act like nerves that can be manually adjusted by Clear Sky's internal AI, which is housed in her head.
Futuristic: She loses the propeller in favor of a jet in her tail, and instead gains a speed cap.
Distinguishing Features: A visor with responsive eye holograms block her camera. She also has two armor-plated radio transponders where her 'ears' should be. Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): She flies faster than average, is capable of processing information quickly, and generally has lighter gun loads, though she can carry a small bomb load clutched to her chest.
No-Combat RPs: She is in a perpetual state of disarmament, though she still weighs a pretty penny and goes fast. This is called 'Recon mode.'
Futuristic RPs: She has a machine gun mounted in a compartment just under her nose, and is capable of carrying missile loads on her wings. She also retains her ability to dive bomb.
Weaknesses: She's electronic, so EMPs will ground her and make her fritzy. Also, her flight is incredibly load compared to Pegasi flight. Her armor weak points are (of course) her control surfaces, any explosive on board, and her head.
Gear:
Normal: 20 mm cannons
Futuristic: .50 caliber machine gun, at least a balanced load of air-to-air missiles.
History:
A professor walks into the room, looking across his disinterested classroom, dimming the lights. He sighs, "Today, class, we're doing things a little differently. We have a special guest." The classroom shifts a bit, confused as there was nobody there. Radio static comes from the professor's pocket, slightly muffled.

"Professor, my wings will not fit through this door."

He sighs, "You'll just have to tilt them, Sky. We haven't figured out a reliable method of bending them yet."

"Yes professor." The android gave it a good attempt, and got inside, but also managed to break the door frame. "You asked me to come, professor?" Her propeller hung around her neck like goggles. The professor nods and gestures to the class, "Well, just like we talked about. Tell our students here your story."

Nodding, she bashfully rubbed her shoulder. "Well, ummm... hi! I'm... ohh, do we really have to do this?"

"Just... dampen your personality filters or something."

She shakes her head no and looks at the class. "Hello, I am Android 0132, designation 'Clear Sky.' I am a military assault and reconnaissance fighter project from Ponewing, developed to conserve 'pilot intuition' factors while saving lives. An unstallioned craft. A... slightly outdated model." She blushes, "I was developed in two phases: a birthing phase and a construction phase. Both occured simultaneously. Ponewing factories handeld the construction phase, building and designing my model, while Celestia Labs developed and produced my AI chip." She taps her visor. "It is located just below my bifocal cameras. If you will note your tablets, my basic specs have been declassified for further study. You may access them from the Ponewing website. I flew short-ranged missions with varying success, until a very critical moment in a mission. While I'm not allowed to speak much on that, it was determined that certain abilities established that my model's destruction may be akin to another pony's life. I was reclassified as a lifeform, and have been given a new mission to learn and establish myself as a person! Umm, was that good enough professor?"

"Yes, Miss Skies. Thank you for your time." He cringes as she tries to leave through the same door, and causes a new set of holes.

Personality: Naive, loves to learn, and bashful. She is very susceptible to social aggression (bullying.)

Futuristic: Having learned social and cultural norms, she is self-confident though a bit oblivious and still bashful.

Current Home: Nicker's Air Field, 5 km outside of Maresdale

Misc:

Her fuel and oil ports are located where other ponies might have a different set of equipment for evacuating waste products. Her oil port is stacked atop her fuel port.

Futuristic:

Clear Sky is actually an AI chip inside of her body, meaning she can outlast her hardware through preservation of her programming. As such, she is technically immortal, especially inside of the EMP-hardened casing protecting her from outright dying on contact with magnetism. However, that also means that she is very, very easy to kill with the right tools.

When Applicable!!
She has a special set of fuel and oil ports and filters that allow her to have... special and intimate relations with others, though she is incapable of reproduction.

Last edited by Dawnpath on Thu May 04, 2017 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:16 am

Dawnpath wrote:
Name: Clear Skys

Adorable, and approved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TMIBRico

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:51 pm

(So, there was a bit of a mistake on my part last time concerning me accidentally posting my character thing on a closed thread.....I'm hoping this is the right one because i don't feel like making a fool of myself again, haha.) (I apologize if this is a bit confusing, I can always fix or remove things that don't make sense or can explain things if need be.)

Name: Thompson (or Better Days)
Race: Unicorn
Age: (I'm going off human years :/) bout 36 years old (or 28)
Mane: Dark grey
Coat: Light grey
Cutie mark: none (or a black coffee mug)
Extra details that aren’t needed but are nice to add: his eyes are light grey, does that count?
Distinguishing Features: he's a monochromatic pony in a colorful world, I think that'd stand out pretty well.
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): he has a good memory and powerful magic, when determined.
Weaknesses: his magic is weak when he doesn't believe in himself. (Thompson) in order to cover up insecurities, who acts overly confident which can make him seem like an asshole sometimes.
Gear: when its cold he wears a brown jacket with wool lining, dark brown beanie, and a red scarf and when dressing fancy he wears a black tie. Otherwise, he doesn't wear anything.
History: depends on which version of him we're talking about, there's pony (better days) and not so pony (Thompson). I guess I'll just briefly explain both. Better Days: for a long time he hasn't slept well, ever since he could first remember he'd lay awake at night unable to fall asleep until a few minutes before he needs to wake up. He developed a horrid caffeine addiction that his life almost revolves around and now he's almost completely dependent on coffee to get him through the day. He goes to a musical performance in canterlot where he meets a young stallion named Picardy Third, who composes music for a living. They become close and Better Days moves in with Picardy Third. They have a father son relationship, the end. Thompson: (oh boy, I'm going to sound crazy explaining this one...) Thompson is a shapeshifting lizard person from a post-war future. There was a war between changeling and pony that led to the lizard people taking over, enslaving ponies, and, in general, messing up the world. Long story short, Thompson becomes a sorta abolitionist for the ponies and saves two pegasi (a mother and her child) who were going to die. The mother soon falls ill and dies so Thompson raises the child, named Ben, until the foal is taken away and Thompson gets arrested for holding onto an endangered species. Crazy antics ensure, Thompson gains the ability to shape shift and do magic, he goes into the past to prevent the pony's downfall, the end.
Personality: Better Days: is like that tired father who's just trying to do the best for his kids but can't seem do things right since he's always tired.....basically it. Thompson: is that fun loving father who's extremely irresponsible and has to be watched all the time. His over confidence can get on every pony's nerves and he can be a bit blunt sometimes, but he's a loveable idiot, least I think so.
Current Home: (Thompson) practically anywhere (Better Days) Canterlot
Misc: (nothing really :/)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:15 pm

TMIBRico wrote:
Name: Thompson (or Better Days)

This is a jumbled mess. First, these are two different characters and each one needs their own sheet. Second, the extraneous comments (like asking "does that count?") are distracting and sort of take away from the sheet. Third... I can't give these characters a fair shake until they each have their own sheets and I can effectively separate each character's histories, powers, appearance, etc and judge them individually. Give me one sheet for Better Days and one sheet for Thompson (each in their own posts) and we can proceed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TMIBRico

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:38 pm

(So sorry for the mess I posted earlier, I removed the Better Days stuff (not really sure why I brought him up in the first place, that was dumb of me) and mistakes I found. Better Days most likely won't receive a sheet in the future because he was sorta just a thing that was supposed to remain an inside joke between me and a friend......once again, so sorry for the confusion, that was my mess.)

Name: Thompson
Mane: Dark grey
Coat: Light grey
Cutie mark: none
Extra details that aren’t needed but are nice to add: his eyes are light grey
Distinguishing Features: he's a monochromatic pony in a colorful world
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): he has a good memory and powerful magic, when determined.
Weaknesses: his magic is weak when he doesn't believe in himself and in order to cover up insecurities, who acts overly confident which can make him seem like an asshole sometimes.
Gear: when its cold he wears a brown jacket with wool lining, dark brown beanie, and a red scarf and when dressing fancy he wears a black tie. Otherwise, he doesn't wear anything.
History: Thompson is a shapeshifting lizard person from a post-war future. There was a war between changeling and pony that led to the lizard people taking over, enslaving ponies, and, in general, messing up the world. Long story short, Thompson becomes a sorta abolitionist for the ponies and saves two pegasi (a mother and her child) who were going to die. The mother soon falls ill and dies so Thompson raises the child, named Ben, until the foal is taken away and Thompson gets arrested for holding onto an endangered species. Crazy antics ensure, Thompson gains the ability to shape shift and do magic, he goes into the past to prevent the pony's downfall, the end.
Personality: can seem like a dumb pony who is detached from reality at times and can be a bit hard to get along with, but can get serious when duty calls and can be the fatherly type.
Current Home: mostly ponyville

(I hope this is better, if it's not, I'll try to fix it again but I tried to focus on what you pointed out....sorry again, my mess.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Name: Blueberry Twist

Mane: Royal Blue

Coat: Teal

Cutie mark: A slice of cake

Extra details that aren’t needed but are nice to add:

Distinguishing Features:

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Has a bit of chaotic magic imbued in
her. This almost always manifests as cakes dropping on the heads of nearby ponies.

Weaknesses: She has very little control of her magic. Anything more than simple levitation tends to end in cake. Cake everywhere.

Occupation: Baker, or at least she thinks she’d make a good baker if her cakes would end up anywhere but on ponies’ faces. She also likes to think she is a good “Problem Solver.” Don’t believe her.

Gear: She keeps a sapphire amulet with her, as it is the only thing she brought with her.

History: Blueberry wasn’t always a pony. She’ll tell of a time when she was a human being named Jaden. She lived with an old childhood friend of hers, named Marcus. The two would often travel around, looking for some adventure in their everyday life. They were always looking to see what the world had in store for them next.

During one trip, they had bought matching ruby and sapphire amulets from an antique store. There were text engravings on the amulets, but they didn’t know what it said. The owner claimed they were magical, but they were missing a third piece to unlock it. When they asked the owner about what the magic was or where the third piece was, he shrugged and said that he didn’t know. Still, they bought the amulets anyway because they looked cool.

On a much later trip, they visited an old museum which showcased supposedly magical artifacts from history, such as a cursed dress, an enchanted cabinet, and an old witch's cauldron. While Jaden called bull on the cauldron, she noticed Marcus had found an amulet not unlike the ones they had, but with emeralds instead.

Curious, they talked to the curator about the amulet. He told them a story about three travelers from another realm who seemed to wield magic powers, each wearing an amulet. Jaden showed their amulets to the curator, who confirmed that they were the amulets of the other two travelers. He then translated the engravings on the three amulets, saying that if they said it in front of a mirror, then they would be able to see the realm the travelers came from. Of course, it was all myths and legends, but they were still curious about if any of it was true.

So the two, being the curious adventurers they were, tried it out in a nearby mirror on display. The mirror itself was said to be magic as well. Something about always leading one home. It was supposedly broken though, with a crack running right down the middle of it. Marcus and Jaden repeated what the curator had told them. To their surprise, the mirror’s image shifted into what looked like… floating buildings? Chocolate rain? As the two humans stood there, completely stumped at what they saw, a strange creature that looked like a conglomerate of many other creatures popped right up in front of their faces, repaired the mirror, and dragged them both into it, remarking about how “this was the perfect chance to cause more chaos.” Though, to the creature’s dismay, the window closed as soon as they were dragged in.

Jaden and Marcus passed out, when they awoke, the floating buildings and chocolate rain was gone, and in its place was a simple village populated by what looked to be colorful equines. One look at each other and they saw they were equines too. Jaden had become a light blue unicorn mare. A unicorn of all creatures. Of course, Marcus had it even worse, being turned into a bright pink pegasus mare. Mare, as in female. It took Jaden some time to calm her friend down after that realization. Once they got that sorted out, the two made their way into the village.

While they were looking around, they were stopped by what looked like pony knights in bright gold armor. These knights were apparently not to happy to see them, and demanded they come with them to see some sort of princesses. Why not a Queen? They never got an answer to that.

Upon meeting the princesses, the two were accused of being agents for someone named Discord. They pleaded innocent and told their story of how they got here, showing the amulets they were still wearing. Upon seeing that Princess Celestia told them a tale about an ancient wizard who sent three ponies on an expedition to another world. They never returned. The amulets belonged to those ponies.

Celestia dropped the accusations, but still pointed out the two had chaos magic within them and she couldn’t purge it without potentially harming them. So she offered them a place to stay while they got used to their new bodies. An apartment just outside the castle. Seeing no other alternative, they accepted. They also were given new names to go with their Equestrian citizenship. Jaden chose the name Blueberry Twist and Marcus chose Strawberry Breeze.

It was at this point Blueberry learned she could do magic, so she tried it. All that happened was that a cake fell on a nearby guard’s head. She tried a simple levitation spell and managed to levitate a book. Seeing how that worked without cake, she tried a different spell. That ended up completely burying Celestia in cake, much to Strawberry’s amusement. Blueberry apologized profusely, but all she got in return was some satisfied munching sounds from inside the cake.

Personality: The level-headed and rational one of the two, she prefers to wait and think things out before going. She also keeps Strawberry from doing stupid things. Most of the time anyway. She’s cautious, and can be a bit stubborn about it sometimes, but usually her curiosity keeps her going.

Current Home: Canterlot

Misc: I seem to have a lot of characters that are involved with dimensional travel. Oh well, it gives me a bit more creativity with backstories.

http://puu.sh/mIDfD.png

Name: Strawberry Breeze (reboooooot)

Race: Pegasus

Mane: Yellow with pink highlights

Coat: Pink

Cutie mark: Strawberries in the wind

Distinguishing Features:

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): She constantly emits a soothing aroma of strawberries. The scent gets stronger or weaker based on her mood.

Weaknesses: She hates how the scent seems to attract stallions.

Occupation: Unemployed, though sometimes goes of on adventures with Blueberry.

Gear: A ruby amulet, like the one Blueberry has.

History: I’m not repeating the whole damn thing. It’s pretty much the same as Blueberry’s since they were together the whole time.

Personality: Rash and headstrong, she charges blindly into adventure, often having to be held back by Blueberry. She’s developed a dislike of stallions after they keep hitting on her. Blueberry finds irony in this, seeing as how Strawberry used to be a dude.

Current Home: Canterlot

Misc: In early concepts, she was originally the pilot of the Bardis before I came up with Sunshine’s character.

http://puu.sh/nMoEM.png

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:28 am

Name: Lateia
Race: Feathered Kirin
Mane: Black
Scales: Maroon
Cutie mark.: N/A
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: Mother of 5, career ceremonial fighter
Distinguishing Features: Black, hollow, interconnected diamond pattern that runs down her back, as well as tiger style stripes over her body and legs.
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Fire breath/resistance, close quarters combat, advanced flyer.

Blood Healing: She can use her own blood to heal another's wounds.

Searing Blood: Through physical contact and after chanting an incantation, she can cause someone's blood to burn, or even catch fire, causing serious pain or injury.

Last Resort: Can make a cut on her hand that uses a large amount of her blood to create a weapon with which to defend herself. This obviously leaves her quite fatigued.
Weaknesses: Cold weather or magic.
Gear: Uses all of the weapons of the kirin, from spears to xiphos, to axes.

History:
Lateia was raised by her mother and father, who were both active soldiers and warriors for Dracotalon’s small military. While she was raised to be a warrior like her parents, she sought more meaning in combat, and thus looked to the Church of The Mother, which is a church dedicated specifically to the worship of the kirin goddess, the Mother of Flame. She abandoned normal schooling to learn all she could about The Mother and how to properly worship her, taking on an apprenticeship with a priest who taught her all she knows. She learned how to make a propper sacrifice, how one was supposed to give thanks for successful hunts, and how to entertain The Mother through ceremonial combat and much more.

Personality:
Lateia is a calm individual normally, but when she gets passionate about something, there is no stopping her energy! She loves her work, her religion, and her five beautiful children. She is happy to educate anyone who asks about The Mother or ceremonies relating to her.
Current Home: Dracotalon
Misc:
This is most likely the father of her five children.

Last edited by Alpha P on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:04 am

TMIBRico wrote:
Name: Thompson

TMBRico, this is possibly the most zany and out-there thing that hasn't been blatantly unacceptable. That said, you need to tighten up how this shapeshifting lizard-person with a pony adopted son happens to be in Ponyville in what appears to be an alternate reality to his own. With life-preserver-breast characters getting the approve nod and shape-shifting ponies being canon to the universe, you don't need to change anything about the character, just explain how he came to Ponyville, how he became a shape-shifter, and where he got this magic. "Crazy antics" are an amusing explanation but not a sufficient one.

Also, I imagine that a personal goal of this guy is to get his adopted kid back, somehow. Just an observation, not even a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 am

StrawberryGamer wrote:
Name: Blueberry Twist
Name: Strawberry Breeze

BWAHAHAHAHA!
Approved, approved... goddammit, Sunneh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:15 am

Alpha P wrote:
Name: Lateia
This is most likely the father of her five children.

Exclamation <3

Approved. ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
555EchoJewel

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Name: Echo Jewel

Race: Unicorn/Earth Pony/Dragon/Vampire Hybrid

Mane: Blue/Black, Twilight mane with Ranbow scrag, Flutter tail with same scrag

Coat: Deep Red

Cutie Mark: Cooper Clan Crest (cane ending) with a slinder blade coming from were its supposed to connect to the rest of the cane and a sapphire in the curl of the tip of the crest

Distinguishing Features: Her dragon like teeth and her eyes

Specialty(eg. special skills, unique powers etc.): Skilled with knifes, Weakened Beam Spells,Gem Finding Spell, Slight Enchants for Gems and certian Gear, can breath fire and see in the dark. Some Theif/Rouge like skills. (eg. stealing bits for food)

Weakness: Deep Water. She can't swim.

Occcupation: Traveler

Gear: Old cloak enchanted to keep her warm in Winter and cool in Summer. Also has a pair of ebony/ivory daggers.

History: Born from an unicorn mare and a earth pony stallion who her family owned. When her parents found out she was with foal they demanded she tell them who the father was. When she told them who she also said he forced himself apon her and all but demanded she keep silent, her parents sent her to an away estate so they could send him to his doom. Later after she had her foal her parents allowed it to live with them but made sure to keep it away from 'proper' unicon things, meanwhile the mare cared for her filly as best she could without her parents knowing. Five years later it was taken by the parents and sold to a slaver after tossing it into a bag, in the middle of the night. The next morning when the mare went to wake her filly she found an empty bed and went to ask her parents were her foal was, knowing they despised her for her blood, only for her to be disregarded and told she never had a filly and that they had arranged a party for her to meet the stallion she was to wed the next day.The mare, in her depression over her foal, jumped off a cliff days after the party.

The foal that was sold was put up for auction and, after her horn was roughly snaped off, was swiftly bought by a stallion that had been experimenting on his slaves, killing most of them and maiming the others to the point that they didn't  even look like ponies. Once he had her in his lab he pushed her into a stasis crystal so he could do as he pleased without all the screaming. A few months of planing and spellcraft led to a large circle of magic to be carved into his home floor with the blood of a vimpire in a bottle with a rune circle surrounding it and a single dragon bone from a corpse he found, also surrounded by a rune circle. Now with his experiment preped he set the fillies crystal in the middle and began his spell, infuseing the youth with the strength, second stomec, teeth of a dragon, as well as the healing of the vampire. During the process his spell malfunctioned and pulled all of his magic and life force out of him, no matter how much he tried to stop it, thus he died and turned to dust as he was drained making the crystal expload when he died, the bone and blood gone from the runes, leaving a comatose filly in the middle. Later she was found by a group of neighbors who had heard the exploation and came to investigate only to see the filly with the slave collar of and no Stallion, thus they all agreed for one of them to take her and she was awoke to a smack to the face by her new owner who had more use for her, making her a gem miner after he had lost one from overworking them.

After a few years of she learned she could eat gems after she knoticed they smelled good as she picked them up, and being dared to eat one.As she worked she was constantly whiped and beaten for talking till she never spoke unless spoken to.After seven years of work she killed her owner by biting and draining him as soon as the blood touched her toung, after he lay dead she went about freeing herself and the few others she could, then fled North to hide in the mountian caves were she whould eat gems. Months later the floor of her cave collapsed and she found out she could survive being in lava as well as she couldn't swim. A week after her lava bath a Manticore tried to attack her and she learned she could breath fire, scaring it off and startling herself.

In all the time spent in her cave,her horn grew back, she rarely needed to venture out for anything other than blood, and remained ignorant of the going on of things outside her cave and the surrounding forest, till one day she looked up and the sky was pink of all colors, the clouds were yellow and were raining green, the animals that tended to avoid her started to dance in strange ways around her. A deer in a strange pink dress spinning on its hind hooves, a pair of black flamingos wing in wing wih one having a strange red plant in its beak, and a few wolfs jumping around a fire, trees uprooted themselfs and joined the wolfs, happily tossing bits of themselfs to keep the fire ablaze. After seeing this she decided to try leaving her cave for good due to the strangeness and began her trot threw the strange lands of hardwood floors and mismatching rocks.

After a long time of travel, avoiding towns because most were upside-down or some other form of chaos, she found a forest that was ok, even with all the crazy, and dug a hollow in a tree to live in. Much later as she was hunting, a wave of rainbow passed over her, spooking her into hiding only to watch in aw as the animals became mostly normal and the trees lost their faces. She was confused at the change but smiled to herself as she seen this, returning to her hollow for a nap. Years later she whould look to the sky as, instead of morning, the moon was still out only to yelp as a distant exploation went off, makeing her hide. More exploations as well as a shaky ground made her stay hidden while covering her eyes, fearing for her life. After some time it stopped and she came out of hideing only to whince at tbe sunlight and shook her head, it was time to move agian.

She headed farther South and came across a strange area with cone like structures. She hides as strange striped ponies come from them only to watch them curiously as they worked played and did things. After a bit a little one got close to the water and she could see a alligator in the water and ran to save the young one, strikeing the beast away with her raw strength and saving the young one. Many of the striped ponies came over making her back away in fear only to yelp as she is hugged by one, only to look down at the teary female and gave a shaky smile, and spook the others back due to her teeth. The female pulled back and motioned for her to follow, witch she did with a grin.

After years of being with the clan of, now she knew them as, Zebras she learned how to speak their language and was Echo the blooded Jewel for she whould alwase echo the words she was told till she understood and because the zebras learned about what she ate. While she lived there she also protected the clan and became the guardian of the ones left behind during hunts or clan wars,in doing so she receved her cutie mark, the clan crest with a sapphire in it and a blade from the edge. During those years she learned how to wield a knife, steal and other things, many times fate smiled on her for she found and receved scrolls with spells for her to learn. While hard she could fire off weak beams of magic and find  gems or enchant her stuff. One night as the clan slept they were ambushed and their tents set aflame with them traped inside, Echo trying her best to save who she could, holding a young filly, who had started training as a shamin, and three others they fled to their allies. The ally they went to helped them but whould not allow Echo in due to her teeth,thinking her to be a danger to the allied clan, thus Echo sadly left the last of her clan that she called family and gave the filly, who she learned was named Zacora from the short trip, to the ones that whould protect them. After traveling North she whould come across her old Cave and remained there, not knowing of the castle/city on the other side of the mountian.

Personality: Quiet,Sharp,Skittish, and Loyal to the point of self harm for the ones she likes, slightly ignorant of certian topics.

Misc.: She can eat meat and gems, and must drink blood every once in a while. Can hunt like any preditor and is more likely to eat meat raw over cooked.Due to her DNA she has lived longer than most and does not know who the Princess' are. She tends to travel and sleeps in hidden spots (eg in a tree or in a cave)

Last edited by 555EchoJewel on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Done...I think..)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:22 am

Name: Mystic Mirror (Mare Mystic has Misty as a nickname and a way to tell them apart by name.)
Mane: Teal
Coat: Gray
Cutie mark: A silver mirror
Distinguishing Features: The male version has blue eyes while the female has pink eyes.
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): They can use any mirror to communicate with each other. They can even send things through the mirrors, depending on the size.
Gear: A small mirror they carry around to talk to each other whenever they want.
History: Mystic Mirror is actually two ponies from two different but parallel worlds. In one world, Mystic is a mare. In the other, she, and everypony else, are all the opposite gender. They discovered each other after an accident in a bathroom, in which they sneezed and accidentally casted a spell onto the mirror. They originally thought they had swapped genders, but after they calmed down and took a quick look at themselves, realized that wasn’t the case, and they opened up a window between their worlds. They also earned their cutie marks at this time. Since then, they have kept in almost constant contact with each other, to the confusion of any friends they make in their own worlds. Eventually, they realized they could use this ability to entertain others. They started doing performances, using their ability to entertain other ponies.
Personality: Very talkative and social, especially with each other. They have a few differences, such as the mare Mystic likes flowers, and the stallion Mystic likes pegasus racing. They both seem to have a flair for entertainment as well.
Current Home: Ponyville
Misc: Very loosely based on the Terraria “Magic Mirror” item.

http://puu.sh/nOd3C.png

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:21 pm

555EchoJewel wrote:

Race: Unicorn/Earth Pony/Dragon/Vampire Hybrid (Experiment gone wrong)

And... this needs significant explanation, far more than your history gives.

555EchoJewel wrote:

I think this would be the first character I've seen that claims to be older than the princesses...

555EchoJewel wrote:
Mane: Blue/Black, Twilight mane with Rainbow scrag, Flutter tail with same scrag

First, what is scrag?
Second... are you trolling me? A red pony with a black mane?

555EchoJewel wrote:
Cutie Mark: Cooper Family crest (cane ending) with a slender blade coming from were its supposed to connect to the rest of the cane and a sapphire in the curl of the tip of the crest

So she's from a family named Cooper? And what cane?

555EchoJewel wrote:
Specialty(eg. special skills, unique powers etc.): Skilled with knifes, Weakened Beam Spells,Gem Finding Spell, Slight Enchants for Gems and certain gear, can breathe fire and see in the dark. Some thief/rouge like skills. (eg. stealing money for food)

OK, this passes, but just barely.

555EchoJewel wrote:
History: Born from a unicorn mare and earth pony stallion. Sold by grandparents for being born inpure. A slave from the before the Unification of the tribes. Had her horn cut off during her time as a slave. Was exsperamented on by one of her owners (+dragon/vampire). Was freed after Unification  and flead south. Later was trained by Zebras and given her daggers. her horn had regrown by then.

First, clean up the spelling. Second, this is far too thin to support her being a hybrid of three different species, and older than the princesses. Add more. Talk about her family, what she's done in all those years, the experiments run on her, how they made her partly dragon and partly vampire and party pony. There needs to be a LOT more.

555EchoJewel wrote:
Misc.: She can eat meat and gems, and must drink blood every once in a while. Can hunt like any preditor and is more likely to eat meat raw over cooked.Due to her DNA she has lived longer than most and does not know who the Princess' are. She tends to travel and sleeps in hidden spots (eg in a tree or in a cave)

How is there anyone in the world who has no idea who the princesses are?

I'll be honest, this thing is a mess although mostly in terms of the history not being enough to explain the features of the person. You need to do more. You need to clean up the spelling, explain how things are, and certainly explain how she could be ignorant of the princesses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm

StrawberryGamer wrote:
Name: Mystic Mirror (Mare Mystic has Misty as a nickname and a way to tell them apart by name.)

Approved. Smile Seems like a fun pair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
555EchoJewel

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:49 pm

555EchoJewel wrote:

Race: Unicorn/Earth Pony/Dragon/Vampire Hybrid (Experiment gone wrong)

DualThrone wrote:
And... this needs significant explanation, far more than your history gives.

I'll fix my history.

555EchoJewel wrote:

DualThrone wrote:
I think this would be the first character I've seen that claims to be older than the princesses...

Well I don't exsactly know the princess' age, so I can't put an exsact age...Sorry.

555EchoJewel wrote:
Mane: Blue/Black, Twilight mane with Rainbow scrag, Flutter tail with same scrag

DualThrone wrote:
First, what is scrag?

It's a term I made up for the rougher or wilder ponys like RD or DJP0N3.

DualThroan wrote:
Second... are you trolling me? A red pony with a black mane?

Ummm...How am I trolling? Red,Blue,and black are my favorate colors. Also I forgot to add that her mane is two tone.

555EchoJewel wrote:
Cutie Mark: Cooper Family crest (cane ending) with a slender blade coming from were its supposed to connect to the rest of the cane and a sapphire in the curl of the tip of the crest

DualThrone wrote:
So she's from a family named Cooper? And what cane?

No she is not from that family, I was trying to make a good description of her cutie mark and I thought the Cooper Cane was a good way to do it...And if you don't know who the Coopers are they are a family of honest theafs that use canes that have a syicle (old shool farming tool) like end.

555EchoJewel wrote:
Specialty(eg. special skills, unique powers etc.): Skilled with knifes, Weakened Beam Spells,Gem Finding Spell, Slight Enchants for Gems and certain gear, can breathe fire and see in the dark. Some thief/rouge like skills. (eg. stealing money for food)

DualThrone wrote:
OK, this passes, but just barely.

Uhhh...thanks? But why barely?

555EchoJewel wrote:
History: Born from a unicorn mare and earth pony stallion. Sold by grandparents for being born inpure. A slave from the before the Unification of the tribes. Had her horn cut off during her time as a slave. Was exsperamented on by one of her owners (+dragon/vampire). Was freed after Unification  and flead south. Later was trained by Zebras and given her daggers. her horn had regrown by then.

DualThrone wrote:
First, clean up the spelling. Second, this is far too thin to support her being a hybrid of three different species, and older than the princesses. Add more. Talk about her family, what she's done in all those years, the experiments run on her, how they made her partly dragon and partly vampire and party pony. There needs to be a LOT more.

I'll fix it but I'm used to a short and quick description when it came to me writing about Echo... also, you ever try typing with a handheld device ?

555EchoJewel wrote:

DualThrone wrote:
How is there anyone in the world who has no idea who the princesses are?

I'll put it in her history.

DualThrone wrote:
I'll be honest, this thing is a mess although mostly in terms of the history not being enough to explain the features of the person. You need to do more. You need to clean up the spelling, explain how things are, and certainly explain how she could be ignorant of the princesses.

Well its the first time I've had to write like this so sorrg for the mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric Storm

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 pm

This is a OC for Fallout Equestria Smile

Name: Electric Storm

Mane: Yellow, with a Shade of brown

Coat: Marineblue

Cutie Mark: A Electric Bolt

Distinguishing Features: She has a big Scar on her forhead, and no Horn

Specialty: Electicity. Even without her horn she can make Magical electricity in her right forhoof.

Weakness: Fear of other Ponies, because of her history.

Gear: She has a small Sadlebag, in it she carries Medicine, and a small Pistol

History: She was Foalnapped frome some Raiders as Filly. One of them were a racist Earth pony who saw her horn off. She could be saved by some Travelers, but she remained a scar. This scar she tries to hide under her Mane. But those Travelers where Slavers from Appleloosa. She was one of the first Slave-Foals. At the begining Storm was resistant, but she as taught a lesson with verry unpleasant methods. Not only hits. With th Age of 16 Years, she Escaped, while she should be turned into the Cell for the Adut Slaves. Ony with her little Magic and a great amount of luck, she knocked out the Stalion, and fled into the Wasteland

Personality: She is Shy, but friendly to those who are friendly to her. But she knows to defend herself if it's not the issue

Concurrent home:  She lives in the cellar of an ruined house near New Appleloosa

Last edited by Electric Storm on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:39 am

Electric Storm wrote:
Name: Electric Storm

Approved. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 am

Nocignoil, Narrator.
Narrative Magic:
Narrative Magic’s power is how far removed from the backlash the wielder can be. It is, after all, indirect. The ‘mage’ isn’t flinging a fireball at someone (not unless the narrative demands it, anyways). At most, a whispered word, a barkeep’s rumor, and a mentor’s cryptic warning makes up the extent of a Storyteller’s involvement in their workings. More often, they take no role at all. They will a story into being, things rearranging so certain things have always been a certain way. A rumor drops into someone’s head; ‘I know of a dungeon south of her. Good rewards for brave adventurers.’ The barkeep had no more known of the dungeon before that day then the dungeon had existed. Through the will of narrative magic, it had started always having been there that day. Storyteller powers manifest as Veils, Persuasions, Rectoconjuraions, Coincidences, and Rumors. It also come with desperation.

Powers of retconning the timeline aside, Narrative magic is surprisingly limited. The phrase “if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself” exists for a reason. A Storyteller can’t be sure her heroes will succeed, much less that they will go in the direction she wants. The more she wants to cause events that will be benefit her, the more she risks being discovered by the very heroes she’s been guiding. Additionally, the world has its own narrative, and it does not always suffer the meddling of mortals. There will be times a Storyteller simply cannot do something, or at least not do things the way she wants.

The arguably most powerful ability the Storyteller has is the Veil. The Veil is the separation between their real selves and the Narrative they have put into play. In effect, it prevents their alter egos from accidentally becoming involved in the story. In theory, anyways. The Veil is not foolproof, and many a Storyteller has found heroes smashing down their Veil with some very pointed questions. This of course requires there to have been a Storyteller dumb enough to weave a story about heroes struggling against a Narrative (akin to setting yourself on fire to see what it feels like, but it does happen. If the Veil is found out, the Storyteller is now involved in whatever Narrative they were weaving. Their separation from that story is gone. They may still have separation from any other stories, but the loss of one Veil tends to result in the others being collapsed as well. The Veil will stay down until the story is done, which is why few Storytellers try to weave more than three Narratives at once. The Veil also serves the purpose of hiding the signs of manipulation, such as inducing mental blocks so no one thinks to hard about the sudden shifts in opinion caused by some clumsy application of Persuasion.

The most often used power of Storytellers is the Rumor. It allows them to simply create rumors of any kind, anywhere, without any link back to them. This also includes dropping rumors into the heads of people. Someone might find they’ve always known of an abandoned dungeon in the Everfree Woods, but this adventurer in front of them is the first person they’ve ever believed could brave it.

Next is the Rectoconjurations. Why would the adventurer brave this dungeon? Why, to retrieve the locket my family has suddenly had for many generations before it was stolen by bandits who made use of the lair as their hideout. The dungeon is in an area that has already been search before, and wasn’t found? They just missed it due to the power wardings on it. Fortunately, I have the amulet’s twin, which will allow you to see the dungeon entrance. Reconjuration only backfires when the adventurers find an unexpected use for something that was offhoofedly retconned in to get the heroes in the right place. Heroes are a double-edged sword. They can be used to push a story farther than ever imagined, but they can just as easily derailed.

Sometimes, you have to give things a more overt nudge. In this case, Persuasion is brought to bear. Perhaps the guards won’t let the Hero out of the city. A bit of Narrative Magic fixes that. Persuasion is the ability to cause someone act out of character for the sake of the story. This method is very brute force, and needs to be used sparingly. The World’s Narrative despises that ability, and heroes can often spot it. Persuasion is the most controversial of abilities, even among Storytellers. It can force someone to temporarily unlearn a life lesson for the sake of another. It can make a bunch of ponies done costumes and ruin their friend’s confidence, rather than simply talking to them about their arrogance. It can make ponies trust a harsh princess over the friend who knows them and her much better. Persuasion allows the Storyteller to make others act out of character. It has limitations though. In addition to calling down the wrath of the World Narrative, Heroes(All Pc's, basically.) are often resistant to Persuasion. The Protagonist is the center of the stage, after all, and poor writing it most noticeable when applied to them.

More feared then the Persuasion yet more palatable to the World Narrative is the Anathema. Anathema is a deal with the World Narrative,e a bargain of cooperation. It allows the Storyteller to use a mixture of Coincidence and Persuasion to inexorably push someone into a role in the sotyr they might revile, usually the role of the villain, the monster.

The last but not least, are Coincidences. The million to one chance. The arrow hitting the one spot without a scale. Out of the hundreds of swords in the armory, the oblivious heir to the thrones takes the holy sword of her kingdom. A patch of blood topples the monster before it can strike at the hero who is about to pull its arm off.

These abilities, at face value, might make a Storyteller seem unstoppable. And, to a degree, as long as the veil is up, they are fairly powerful. However, once the Veils come down, they lose all Narrative Magic with regards to the stories in which they have been revealed.  The World Narrative enjoys shoving the playwright onto the stage, and any far-ranging adventure is a constant struggle to keep the Heroes away from the Storyteller’s tiny apartment in Manehattan.  A Storyteller is immune to Persuasions and Rumors, but only aware of Rectoconjurations, Coincidences, and Veils. Other Storytellers and the World Narrative can use these things against them. An abused Hero will often slay their Storyteller, especially if they’ve been given a bad backstory.
Why then, considering all the risks, might someone use such magic? It can’t be used to benefit yourself, not without backfiring horribly. It will bit the closest thing to a mind that collective reality has against you. It causes a lot of stress whenever the Heroes derail things. So why?
The answer is Desperation. A Storyteller has a burning need to exert their influence. It is unescapable.

Name: Nocignoil
Race: Earth Pony, once the Veils are down.
Mane: Red and White, like peppermint.
Coat: Celestial Blue.
Cutie mark.: A sparkly notebook, with a mug on the cover.
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: She
Distinguishing Features:
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): She can make excellent drinks, and possesses Narrative Magic.
Weaknesses: The same weaknesses as any earth pony, once her Veil is down. If the layers of mystique are torn away and the masks have been shattered, she is just an ordinary mare with an ordinary notebook. She is not in especially bad shape, nor is she in especially good shape. She has the physical figure of an earth pony waitress that exercises regularly.
Gear: A Narrator's Notebook
History:The mare named Nocignoil is fairly boring. She was born, she went through school. She enjoyed reading, tending towards being withdrawn form others, but not to a truly worrying degree. She was good at socializing, but didn’t see much of a need for it. She had some friends, but not too many. She went through college, came in majoring in chemistry, came out with an english degree. Later, she got a job as a waitress and sometimes bartender in a trendy cafe for deluded noble sin Canterlot. She enjoys her job, though she does mention to her friends that she sometimes thinks she misses her calling.

Nocignoil the Storyteller, on the other hoof, leads a very different life. She has ruined regions by ascending a horrific tyrant, then destroyed that same tyrant with a guided Heroine. Mercenaries looking for any easy gig find themselves on epic quests to save the world, during which they learn more about themselves and each other. All the while, Nocignoil watches from the shadows, reveling in the narrative. Like all Storytellers, she works tirelessly to feed her craving for a good story, using the cafe job to relax in-between epics. All Storytellers have different styles, and Nocignoil is no exception. She tends to take care of her heroes, assuming they manage to survive the opening blows. She rarely goes out of her way to ruin their histories, and takes care to guide them to a desirably ending. Sometimes, in a moment of weakness, she even lets their story have an open ending, casting them back into the world with the power that their status as a Hero grants them. These moment of weakness are extremely rare though, since unaccounted heroes tend to kill Storytellers. She like putting nobles in hard situations and watching them adapt. She enjoys a story that starts out with normal folks a mundane setting, then quickly spirals into a confused struggle of epic proportions.

Personality: Unknown to her, to anyone, to the story, to anything.
Current Home: varies.
Misc: She really wants to learn to tango.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:23 am

I’ll say this now, these next 4 bios are so linked up that they honestly don’t work without all of them passing. So anything that’s a problem in one sheet is probably a problem just hiding around a corner in the other three sheets and I’ll have to rout it out. If I need to fix anything it’ll be via edits, not by taking up more threadspace with posts, so without further ado:

Gonna describe the races ahead of time because your brain will fry if you have to read this 4 times.
A Brief Primer on Goblin Ponies:

Name: Avendar “Rattenschwanz” Svendolli
Race: Goblin Pony (Digger)
Coat: Avendar has a rather thin, patchy coat of black fur, leaving parts of his pale white skin visible in spots, and overall making him look a muted gray in color, dotted with black spots and patches of white flesh. The lower halves of his forelegs are completely hairless, evolution’s attempt at preventing collection of too much dirt into a bunch of matted fur on his digging legs.
Tail: While lacking a luxurious mane of any sort, Avendar keeps his tail ridiculously long (he’s been accused of using tail extensions levels of long), and it strongly resembles a whip. While it is not braided by any means, the tail of thin hairs is kept in this configuration through several black ties along its length, one placed every 4 inches or so. They are not bows. They are not girly. And they certainly do not make him feel pretty. He has a remarkable amount of control over his tail, but he loudly holds that he swats only mosquitoes and bugs with it.
Cutie mark.: Blankflank
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add:
Distinguishing Features: He looks like a mangy, gangly little foal, perhaps 9-years-old if he were a pony. Though the fact that he has 4 clawed toes on his front forelegs rather than, well, hooves, kinda sets him off as ‘not a pony’ to anyone paying any attention to him. He’s obviously a goblin and therefore a troublemaker, and the sort of boogeyman one warns small children about.
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Avendar has a talent for digging, which is ostensibly his one passion in life. Digging. Not using his dextrous little fingers to sew clothing or anything ridiculous like that. That’d be silly. Stay out of my room. Stay out.
Ahem. Well. Like the rest of his litter, Avendar is rather mature for his age, at least in pony terms, so for the most part he is a functioning adult, and he in particular is rather well-educated among his littermates, with an intuitive grasp of many modern engineering and architectural concepts after spending time ‘observing’ in Germaney. His trip there also left him with a fondness for the language, so speaking Germane comes to him as naturally as Equestrian does.
Weaknesses: Well if you look above he looks like something the cat dragged in, brutally mauled, and then proceeded to make love to, and if you look below you’ll see that he has some issues acting anything like a sociable pony, and overall if you understand anatomy by now you should have realized that he’s a foal-sized little runt who wouldn’t be that hard to punt across the hoofball field if one felt like it.
Gear:

History: Avendar grew up in the noble and illustrious cave of his family, where the rocks stood solid and the lichen grew strong, provided it was watered properly. It was a parochial paradise of wide open underground pastures, a mighty three hundred square feet of open space split between three levels. Truly, there was never a more glorious cave.
He and his littermates left home young, even by goblin standards, but each of them had a mission in mind. The Svendolli litter had been fascinated since birth by the strangeness of the world; sure caves were nice and all, and the idea of finding a proper master and following his every whim could get the whole litter quivering at the knees, but the world is so much bigger than obeying orders and carousing in caverns. Even the promise of weekly dungeon dances could not restrain the aberrant litter’s desires.
Traveling out into the wide wild world, each goblin chose a little corner of Equiis to explore and experience, and Avendar headed out to the glories of Germaney. There he tracked down the knowledge he so sought, and in doing so, inflicted a perpetual paranoia on the entire engineering community of Cologne. He stalked the streets for aspiring adepts, crawled along railings and rafters, and occasionally beneath the floorboards he’d flee in his continuing quest for the secrets of the architectural arts. An eight-year era of fear and fascination consumed the countryside, all to aid the early education of a tiny grimy gobbo.
Having spent six years yearning and carousing Cologne, Avendar reconnected with his rambunctious littermate, Vindi Lou Svendolli. Strictly speaking, she reconnected with him, having been the one that traveled to Germaney to see him. And what a revolutionary reconnection it was; without a doubt, the duo came together in ways not ponily possible or properly acceptable, as they were wont to. For a fortnight they did nothing but reminisce under silvery starlight, so content were they to tryst and commune in quiet collusion. But then life, as life does, returned to routine; decency descending upon the pair and pressing them into normalcy.
Avendar advanced further in his learning, as he always did; another year yet again passed, and his den added another littermate: Leven Svendolli rejoiced at rejoining her siblings, and her happiness spread amongst all of them. Eventually, though, even such splendor must come to an end, and at the end of Avendar’s 8-year pilgrimage, the three set forth to Equestria, to search out a place to truly make their own.
They didn’t exactly find a waiting welcoming party for them at their destination. In the middling midlands of Middle Equestria, the three goblin ponies put down their roots, raising a strange structure of sod, stone, and wood. An earthen barrow flourishing with flowers and fresh grasses formed their secluded shelter.
And there they stayed. This was home now. One day, Sven simply showed up, cooking breakfast in the morning, but beyond that, little else interesting happened. This is where they are today.

Personality: Avendar is a fastidious little gobbo, with an eye for detail that annoys his littermates to no end. He’s the only neat freak of the lot, a strange trait indeed for someone who finds themselves most comfortable buried up to their neck in dirt and mud, though it does leave him as the most presentable member of the Svendolli litter. Sadly, his ‘pretty-boy’ looks, while enough to let him pass as a ‘mangy, filthy little orphan foal’, are insufficient to make up for his utter lack of social skills. He doesn’t really know how to talk to people, falling into stuttering and mumbling when in social situations with those outside his litter, with the exception of when he starts ranting on some topic, generally about how someone has failed to pay attention to one thing or another, or when imparting ‘knowledge’ of some intricate and ridiculously useless piece of information via lecture. With impromptu diagrams.
Current Home: An earthern bern house in the midlands of Equestria, built by he and his siblings..
Misc:

View user profile
Brony_Khaos

Name: Leven “Aatmaghaat” Svendolli
Race: Goblin Pony (Caver)
Mane: Leven keeps her light blue mane immaculately done up in a pair of tight buns, one behind each ear, leaving her looking rather short-haired, and if she looked more like an actual pony (rather than living in the uncanny valley) she might even be able to pass as cute. Of course, in all honestly Avendar is the one actually fixing it up in the morning.
Coat: Leven has a deep-blue, poorly saturated coat of thin furs, barely enough to really count as ‘cover’ for her lithe body. Her coat is full and relatively well-kept, for a gobbo, which really means it’s constantly matted with dirt and strange gunk of questionable origins but at least gets cleaned regularly. It is only through Avendar’s tireless efforts that his big sister is even this presentable; if she had her way, she’d gather as many strange and wonderful scents as there are in the world into her pelt.
Tail: Leven’s tail is kept relatively short, barely reaching her hocks, with another bun done in it, but this one done about an inch above its end, whilst the remaining hair flows out like a fan. It is in all honesty a strange effect overall.
Cutie mark.: Blankflank.
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add:
Distinguishing Features:
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Leven is a gobbo suited to all environments, really, which she embraces wholeheartedly. Whether it be the skies, the ground, beneath the ground, or even beneath the waves, she finds herself comfortable and quite mobile. She shows no issue breathing in thin mountain air, smoke-choked cavern fumes, or even whilst she’s swimming and swooping underwater. This disturbs her littermates. The whole thin air and cave muck stuff is fine, but goblins are not aquatic creatures. Nonetheless, Leven is a very aquatic creature.
Leven is a relatively skilled wilderness survivalist, and she greatly enjoys every opportunity at the outdoors. To be frank, she would have no real issue surviving on her own far, far away from civilization. But nature doesn’t have nearly as many interesting smells as civilization does, so with her litter, she stays.
Like the rest of the Svendolli litter, Leven is fluently bilingual, speaking Equestrian and Pondi (Hindi) with equal competency. She actually stands out by also knowing other languages from a source other than the link with her littermates: She speaks some Neighongo (Japanese, “Nihongo”), Hokyu (Chinese, “Huayu”), and Vietneighmese (Vietnamese), though she certainly doesn’t count as “fluent” in any of these..
Weaknesses: Nobody really knows why, but Leven has trouble staying conscious if she has to keep her wings against her body for too long, which is further exacerbated if something is used to cover them up. She gets a little freaked out around blankets and refuses to sleep under anything even vaguely like a blanket, or, in fact, even lay under such a thing at all.
Gear:
History: Leven grew up in a boring, musty old cavern that her parents had forcibly excavated and then summarily declared ‘home’ despite its tiny size and insufficient accommodations for a family of 6, much less the one or two extra littermates of their parents who would intermittently ‘visit’.
Leven, being a curious little foal, learned what it meant to be a mare long before anyone meant for her to learn. Her siblings swiftly spent the next several weeks having nightmares about what daddy, daddy, and daddy were doing to mommy in the dead of the night that could make an entire stone bed creak and shift around like that while being adhered to the floor.
It is bad enough when you only have one child brain helping those horrible fantasies along; imagine what 4 child brains can do. Suffice to say, the poor children were scarred for life.
That didn’t stop Leven from trying to see if Sven and Avendar were like daddy.
Daddy wishes he were like Sven and Avendar.
Sven and Avendar wish they had normal sisters.
Nonetheless, all good things must come to an end. Even abusing one’s siblings. Even if they’re your littermates. Especially if it’s only a temporary end. By a rather mutual agreement, and with Leven actually being the one voice of dissent (she wanted to adventure with her littermates), the 4 split up to each travel the world at their leisure, to see what there was to see.
Leven broke perhaps furthest from her littermates, travelling afar and to more than simply one nation in her time. While she used Pondia as a base of operations for her travels, and most certainly spent most of her time in and around the rather large nation, she made forays as far off as Neighpon, and caught bits of several languages from the many ponies she met in the world (perhaps ‘met’ is a strong word, ‘stalked’ is more apt, really. She met them, they didn’t meet her). She spent her time living on the outskirts of society at her most urban, becoming an expert at wilderness survival through simply doing it.
After 6 years of that, though, she was done with being alone. And she knew just the littermate to track down.
Now if only Sven hadn’t cornered her in her little hovel of branches first, practically demanding a place to stay for a while. That was just rude, but she also couldn’t really tell him ‘no’. So she let him stay with her for a while. They enjoyed themselves, swapped stories, and honestly both of them found it pretty pleasant; but there was an undercurrent with Sven that some of it was purely business. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable little chapter of her life, getting to dote over and take care of her foalish little urbanite brother. Avendar would never let her do that kind of housework.
But even not-so-good things do come to an end. And one morning, after about six months of dealing with her other quarter, that is just what happened; Sven was simply no longer there, and that was that. He’d slipped off and while Leven knew he wasn’t in trouble, it was no less annoying. But with the one thing holding her down out of the way, she headed forth on her merry way to track down her other siblings, who had already met up by now…
It took her half a year to find her way to Avendar’s little hiding spot in Germaney. And with her and him and Vindi Lou, there was much rejoicing. With Avendar and Vindi Lou, she traveled back to Equestria, where they proceeded to lay the foundations of their new, more permanent homestead, while the lot of them shared the tales of their lives and journeys; Sven eventually showed up as unannounced as his leaving of Leven, and while they had a little bit of a spat about that particular piece of history, all those wounds have mended now. Now, life is great; Leven manages to do a little bit of a discreet business with ponies who don’t have particularly good vision, and and above all, the litter is whole again.
And that’s all Leven really wanted.

Personality: Leven is a little quirky for a Svendolli, what with her outdoorsy-ness, and her blatant enjoyment of having company around. Especially pony company. Sure, she’s got better social skills than her compatriots and is fully capable of talking her way out of a corner, but that is no excuse for being happy interacting with species that have treated your kind like parasprites for centuries. Parasprites. She is thoroughly a girly-girl though,
Current Home: An earthern bern house in the midlands of Equestria, built by Avendar and with minimal input from Leven.
Misc:

View user profile
Brony_Khaos

Name: Sven “Enfermé” Svendolli
Race: Goblin Pony (Legger)
Mane: Sven keeps what mane he does have well styled and trimmed, forming a mohawk of brown that trails down to his withers.
Hide: Lacking anything that can be called a ‘coat’, Sven is a rather ugly little thing, though he is miraculously not as ugly as he could be: rather than having blanched skin like a foal who has gone crazy and shaved off its coat, Sven’s hide is black as the darkest night, with a rough, leathery texture.
Tail: Sven doesn’t actually have a tail. He doesn’t have a problem with this loss of modesty, really.
Cutie mark.: Gracing his flank is a bright pink heart with a cyan bow wrapped around it horizontally.
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: Sven is not a ninja. Obviously.
Distinguishing Features: Sven’s lack of being a ninja is obvious and sets him apart from all those that are ninjas. Also, six legs. Very obvious. But also shows that there’s no way he could be a ninja, can’t be discreet when you’re the only guy in town with six legs.
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Following the trend, Sven is bilingual and speaks Equestrian and, surprisingly enough, Prench. His actual skills are almost completely derived from his stay in the Prench capital, a wholly unsurprising thing, honestly. There, he learned how to truly sweep a mare off her hooves, how to bake a mean croissant, how to fight off assailants when armed only with a baguette, how to deal with invisible walls in the middle of the road because the mimes forgot to pack up their stuff, how to deal with uppity nobles, and that discretion is of paramount importance in all things, not just valor.
Just because he likes to go around in black clothes at strange hours of the night, enjoys freerunning (which is honestly just natural for a species that can walk on walls and ceilings), and knows 57 ways to kill an uppity noblepony who doesn’t deserve to have their head on straight anyway does not make him a ninja. Prance does not have ninjas anyway. That’s a Poniental thing. Prance has mimes. Ninjas have swords and stuff, and Sven’s weapon of choice is stale bread. Honestly, it’s not like thrown pastries are regarded as weapons fit for warfare. Believing something like that would be even more ridiculous than believing that Sven is a disciple of some kind of Prench school of ninjutsu.
Weaknesses: Sven’s greatest weakness is, perhaps, the fact that he is not a ninja. If he were a ninja, he’d have to keep such a secret close to his heart, so well concealed that not even his siblings would suspect such a thing. Such a double life would surely be stressful on its own, and adding on top of that any enemies or rivals that might be hunting after a 6-legged ninja would make life even more unbearable. But as already discussed, Sven being a ninja is about as likely as a bunch of creatures that feed on love getting it into their heads that a full-frontal assault and invasion of their primary food source is a good idea.
His second greatest weakness is coffee. He has a need for the stuff. To deny this need is to create a zombie. Every morning he takes his brew quadruplequintuple-brewed, and he’s adamant that to fail to do so would invite the inevitable zombie apocalypse upon the world, with him as patient zero.
Gear:
History: Sven Svendolli, womanizer, tail-chaser, colt’s colt, and all around mime fucker. But like many amazing heroes and champions of the world, he was born as a lesser pony. And there is no lower state of ponyness than to be born in a cave, no? Perhaps if the cave were small and hand-dug then? Well because Sven has just such a beginning, and as such it is made clear his destiny of greatness was foretold fortuitously.
Born into such a decrepit state, Sven was the lowest of the litter, really and truly. He always felt like he didn’t really belong, which is really an achievement for a creature psychically linked to several members of its species since birth. But his siblings always seemed to have a different set of ideas to what he was thinking than what he was actually thinking.
Facing such aversion amongst his own littermates, in a world where your littermates might as well just be more of yourself, Sven was perhaps the leading proponent of splitting the litter up to ostensibly explore the world. If he got away from his siblings physically, he reasoned, perhaps he could ingratiate himself as an individual within another group of gobbos.
So when his little proposal won at their little collective vote, he traveled forth to Prance to enjoy 8 long years of peace and harmony. And 8 long grueling years of dealing with overzealous mimes who couldn’t bother to pack up their invisible walls at the end of the day. Nonetheless, he stands out amongst his siblings in being the only member of the litter to have bothered to have a social life while living out there in the world. He made a point of joining a local enclave of gobbos shortly after arriving in Prance, and from them he learned a great deal of things, the greatest of which was the proper use of a baguette.
Croissants came at a close second, but croutons do not, in fact, make it into the top ten, no matter how hard and crunchy they are made.
He did not learn to be a ninja from a bunch of Prench ninjas. He merely learned perfectly innocent freerunning and nice happy food fighting. Much less, even if he were to be trained as some kind of ninja, the enclave included plenty of not-Prench gobbos, not that Prance would likely recognize any of them as proper citizens. But this is irrelevant because Sven is not a ninja.
Still, 6 years was a long time to not see any of his siblings. So Sven set forth to meet with the one sibling who had disagreed with the decision to split up. Without any ulterior motives whatsoever. Not even a slight one. Pondia doesn’t even have nobles anymore that a ninja would be after, but it’s not like Sven would have some kind of contract out on the heads of a bunch of uppity nobles anyway, seeing as he is merely a somewhat-well-trained chef and climber of walls, rather than some kind of nighttime assassin.
Well, perhaps somewhat is a bit of an understatement. Sven is, after all, an overall amazing pony. Not quite as good at cooking as Vindi Lou, but unlike her his produce can be sold to the public and consumed without fear of indefinite catatonia or pneumococcal pneumonia. Nonetheless, he’s a respectable cook, and knows his way around the kitchen just as good as any stallion could be; best of all, he knows that the quickest way to a pony’s heart is through their sternumomach.
But that’s a mere distraction from the facts at hand, which are quite simple: Sven spent 7 months with Leven, during which he enjoyed the company of his beloved sister. Distance had made bitter hearts grow fonder. And fond they had grown. But not even fondness could keep them together longer than that, and Sven parted ways to return to Prance once more at the end of his time with her.
A little over two years later, he just popped back in to rejoin his siblings in their new little homestead Equestria, this time, far more permanently.

Personality: Sven is a ladies man. He is extremely a ladies man. If one could find anyone who is more Johnny Bravo in the wide world of Equestria, they will have performed a miracle. Courteous to a fault and zealously fanatical, he has perhaps deluded himself into thinking that pony mares will not be driven to faint at his appearance. Or perhaps he simply believes the cause of their fainting is something quite different from what it actually is, and that the stallions only get the pitchforks and torches out out of jealousy. It is truly hard to tell with Sven; he’d probably act just as self-satisfied either way.
Current Home: An earthern bern house in the midlands of Equestria, that he assumes his siblings scared the original occupant out of because Avendar keeps telling him he’s shit at construction work and there’s no way someone who’s shit at that could build that house.
Misc:

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   

Back to top Go down

Brand New OC Character Thread 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next