A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Brand New OC Character Thread 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Syntavant wrote:
Name: Nyxen Wisher

Are you sure you want to be playing a female black-coated character named [b]Nyx]en, whose name sounds like "Nixon"? Absolutely sure? Wink

I like her. Smile She's an easy approval.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:27 am

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
Name: Masquerade Melody
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: Has a ‘shoulder angel and devil’ that she talks to.

She has literal tiny figures sitting on her shoulders that she converses with, or are they only in her mind?

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
She also has a small mechanical fox name KID

Like, a mechanical toy that looks like a fox, or something akin to an AI?

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
and a albino lassapoo named Arty(the name is from the definition).

I don't know what you mean that the name is from the definition, but I see no issue and have no questions.

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
Distinguishing Features:
Specialty: Alchemy is the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy. This act is known as "Transmutation" and its sequence is usually described as:
Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.

O_O I am deeply intrigued.

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
Gear: (N/A) What are the Gear limits.

Um... reasonable. o.o;

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
The Punisher a large cross-shaped gun: that has a machine gun on the bottom longer part and a rocket launcher on the top shorter part. And the side arms of the cross open up to reveal a storage bin for eight Grader 2043 pistols with four on each side. The gun is summoned and levitated by her magic.

This is not reasonable. <.< It sounds like you swiped Wolfwood's arsenal from Trigun.

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
Current Homehttps://docs.google.com/document/d/14iWdJrzohMKRsjrjLyqdNi66fnawXk1j3ai9WIBmACM/edit

It says I need permissions to even look at it. I submitted the request, but need that permission.

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
History: (To be made as I RP)

You need to write a history of this character leading up to the point that she's at in her life. If she has a weapon like you gave her, she's definitely an adult and one doesn't get to adulthood without passing through the years in between.

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
Overall Persona:  Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging, Assertive.

...you formed your character's persona from an online personality test? o.O Well, OK, I'll entertain it.

MasqueradeMelody wrote:
With a natural thirst for knowledge, given the title of “bookworm” as a child...
...Ironically, this is when she's at her best, and most likely to attract a partner.

Holy mother of mercy! You've put a truly insane amount of thought into this character's personality and characteristics. O_O;

OK, overall assessment. First, the gun has to go, it's just too much by far. Second, I need you to give me permission to see that document. Third, I need you to define what she can do with alchemy, not just define what alchemy is. Fourth, I need you to write a history. You've really gone a few miles above and beyond the call of duty in making this character. Now you just need to refine it and fill it out so I can approve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:53 am

Name: Zira Tempest
Race: Charr (think anthro-big cats)
Hair: Dark grey, brushy
Coat: Orange with black stripes (like a tiger)
Appearance: image
Cutie mark.: /
Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: light blue eyes, fluffy tail
Distinguishing Features: 2 pairs of ears and horns
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Zira can change to four different elemental attunements, those being fire, water, air and earth. Her abilities are also dependent on what she wields.
She can switch between attunements relatively quickly, but that takes a toll on her as she gets more exhausted and needs longer rest the quicker she does, putting her out of fighting for a while after big fights.
While wielding a staff, she can:
- throw fireballs, make small firestorms and make scorching ground while in fire attunement,
- icy ground and healing rain with water attunement,
- chain lightning movement speed boost and sort of electrical "imprisonment" with air attunement,
- protective barriers and trembling ground with earth attunement

And while wielding a dagger, she can:
- Breathe fire for a short amount of time, dash forward for a short distance and make a small explosion when finishing while in fire attunement,
- Spray cones of cold that can freeze things while in water attunement,
- Lightning whip and electric aura that shocks anything that gets too close with air attunement,
- Making spikes out of earth in a short range while in earth attunement
All the while she can still use the dagger for its blade and stab.

Weaknesses: While Zira has a nice amount of spells that she can cast, she can also be very easy to damage (Think of her as glass cannon). Apart from the protective barrier in earth attunement she doesn't really have any defensive abilities other than her agility and ability to dodge some of the spells and keep her out of melee range, which only sometimes works.

Occupation: Zira served as a soldier for the blood legion before finding her way to Equestria, now serves as a mercenary of sorts.

Gear: Zira usually wears her fancy clothing, but switches to light cloth when she knows there's a chance they will get dirty. She always keeps a staff and her dagger with herself.

History: Zira had always dreamed of being one of the most respected and powerful soldiers of her legion, since that's what every other Charr dreams of. She worked well and was soon the top of her rank and also set up for a promotion to her next rank, though she had to go on another big mission. Local troops have reported mysterious portal appearing for a short time around her home city, Black Citadel, and wanted to have it investigated by someone who isn't just a regular soldier. And so Zira's officer sent her and her warband to investigate it, either out of curiosity or spite towards her. Zira, as always, didn't question his decision. She was in his hands ever since she joined his ranks and sort of swore her life to him, like everybody else who joined his troop. Once they had finally found the portal, Zira ordered her warband to cover her while she leaped into the portal, only having a few seconds at most before it'd disappear. Little did she know the portal lead to Equestria, leaving her in a pond of murky swamp before disappearing again, leaving Zira to fend for herself. She would soon get used to the new fauna around her and try to make contact with locals...

Personality: Zira can be quite cheerful, but serious and stubborn when needed. She rarely gets angry.

Current Home: Everfree forest

Misc: Even though her outfit suggests that she may have been raised properly, she barely knows high-class manners. Also has a lot of money.

Last edited by Xereth on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Xereth wrote:
Name: Zira Tempest

Despite the character sheet looking like it was lifted from the Guild Wars universe, I don't see anything wrong with this. Approved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:32 am

Name: The Skeleton Knight

Race: Earth Pony

Mane: N/A

Coat: N/A

Cutie mark.: N/A

Distinguishing Features: He’s a skeleton. Like, you’ll see him in… I suppose you won’t see him in a crowd. Crowd’s tend not to form around walking skeletons.

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): The Knight is an ancient skeleton, and as such, is immune to amongst other things, poison, toxic gas, venom, vacuums, and a host of other things. Furthermore, the Knight is a warrior, and an excellent one at that. He is proficient in most forms of weaponry, and is capable of holding his own against significantly more numerous foes.

Finally, as long as his skull is intact, he is able to repair and restore any damage done to the rest of his physical form. Furthermore, whilst his ethereal body is made of magic, even the strongest anti magic field has no effect on him.

Weaknesses: The Knight’s primary weakness is his skull. Once destroyed, there is no going back, and his spirit will finally pass on. Furthermore, he can be immobilised, and ‘injured’ just as easily as any other pony. He has no significant magical defense, and he can be outmatched in single combat, or overwhelmed by significant enough numbers. He also has no ranged defense whatsoever.

Occupation: The Knight holds no perceivable occupation, but he does seem to show up at just the right moment, indicating he may be on some sort of quest.

Gear: The Skeleton Knight wears an incredibly ancient suit of armour, inscribed with ancient magics of endurance.

SPOILERS FOR SEASON SIX FINALE

He also carries an ancient blade, one that radiates an intense magic barrier powerful enough to effectively disable alicorn magic, and is made of the same material as Chrysalis’ throne. It is completely black in colour, and even through the sheath, the stench of death that radiates from it is almost tangible.

END OF SPOILERS

History:

Let me tell you the tale of the Skeleton Knight,
Whose story scares young fillies, and gives them a fright.
They say he was a Captain from armies of old,
Who by dire circumstance fell far from the fold.

This tale begins ere two millennia past,
When the land of Equestria was dying too fast

The one they called Discord had crossed the sea,
Causing all around him to panic and flee.
And so Chaos ran rampant across the land,
Except for one city,
a city so grand.
The capital, Canterlot, a boat in the harbour,
Whilst the rest of the world fell farther and farther.

Eventually, the princesses looked down from their throne,
And decided it was finally time to restore life to their home.
In secret they planned on just how to win,
"The Elements of Harmony." Luna said with a grin.
"But Discord would see such a ploy straight away,
There must be a way to hold him at bay."

And so now our hero entered the story,
Stating simply. "A war, my princesses, for the empire's glory."
"What good what that do us?" Luna enquired,
"Distract Discord, no less." He gulped, lest he was fired.
But Celestia saw the genius in his plot,
"Then, with Discord distracted, his plans will be naught."
Nodding eagerly, he watched as they planned,
And hoped that his help would make something quite grand.

The day arrived and the Army of Order stood ready,
Ponies, minotaurs and griffons marched, their hoofbeats steady.
Dragons soared above, their teeth bared, ready to tear and to rend,
Ready to see the chaos that wracked their land end.

At the head of the force stood the Knight,
Either side of him stood the princesses, their lithe forms belaying their might.

Chaos itself was against this army arrayed,
Demons of every kind, hellhounds that bayed,
Above them wendingoes twisted through the sky,
And manticores that prowled, knowing death was nigh.
Discord himself floated just above the ground,
Drawing upon his great powers to confound.

The two armies clashed, sword versus tooth, minotaur versus manticore,
Above the battle, dragons clashed with wendingo, hoof versus claw.
Discord and our hero's weapons met at the center of battle,
Discord's of rubber, our hero's of metal.
Despite the hero's obvious finesse,
His every strike, Discord managed to best.

For a moment time froze around the pair,
Discord paused. "I should tell you, it's only fair."
The hero stopped. "Tell me what exactly?"
"I know your secret desires." He replied, matter-of-factly.
"I can even help it happen." He said with a grin.
The hero nodded. "And in return, this battle I'll let you win."

So time resumed, the armies fighting once more,
This time however, the Knight was changed to his core.
He turned, and with a click, he vanished,
He reappeared, his knife in hoof, it's blade sharp and polished.
He prepared himself for what he was going to do next,
For if he went through with it, his path was fixed.
He walked to the hill where the war council was held,
And he knew that the cursed blade he was willing to weld.

So he raised the knife high, it's blade gleaming in the dying sun,
And plunge down it did, piercing dark flesh, the act was done.

But a Goddess does not die so easily,
Especially to a weapon so measly.
Luna and Celestia turned, faces a mix of confusion and shock,
For the hero's resolve had been like a rock.
Slowly Luna removed the knife from her body,
She shattered the knife, such workmanship shoddy.

Celestia looked at him, a single tear in her eye.
"But why, Mortis, why?"
Slowly, her head did shake,
despair on her face,
And slowly did Mortis' flesh break,
till a gleaming skeleton stood in his place.
Turning Celestia spoke. "It is time for Discord to die."
Together she and Luna took to the sky.

Over the battlefield did they soar,
Blasting Discord with the Elements, with a roar.
As he turned to stone, he struck a pose,
And from his throat, a single note rose.
That note travelled across the land,
Till it reached poor Mortis and suddenly did his skeleton stand.

With Discord's defeat the beasts began to flee,
And the victorious army gave a cry of glee.
With the chaos undone and the land restored,
The races lived in the peace their victory had caused.

Until one night, Mortis returned,
Armed with much knowledge, all he had learned.
He slipped through the gate, past ponies once known,
Into the place he had hoped to call home.
He found the room where he knew she did sleep,
Silently, the door slid open and in did he sneak.

There she lay, sleeping soundly, happy with life,
He whispered. "Here lies before me, the causer of strife,
The one who saw me raise the knife,
And the one who I had hoped to one day call wife.
But now, I name thee traitor, killer and fool,
I hope you know, I Mortis, am forever a ghoul."
And with that he turned and he fled,
Leaving Celestia, awake, cold in her bed.

And thus ends this tale, of Mortis betray,
Whether this tale is true or not, I cannot say.
All I know is that on a certain night,
When the moon is high and the stars are bright,
In the town of Ponyville, the scene of battle,
He watches, waiting for somepony to test his mettle.
And so he shall remain, forever more,
Lest chaos return and begin another war.

Personality: The Skeleton Knight is calm, quiet, and often does not talk at all.

Current Home: N/A

Misc: The curse Discord inflicted upon the Skeleton Knight is quite peculiar, as it is both a spell, and not a spell. Indeed, it almost made him similar to a fundamental force, like gravity. In effect, it means unless his skull is shattered, either by force or magic, the Skeleton Knight is perpetually immortal, forced to be ever in Celestia’s world, and yet, never be with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:55 pm

The_Pariah wrote:
Name: The Skeleton Knight

You know, there's a reason I have a hard-on for Aussies. This character is interesting enough but then you made it

because history in rhyming verse is just ridiculously badass.

Approved, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:38 am

Name: Tu Di

Race: Pegasus.

Mane: Navy. It falls down naturally, and is often disheveled.

Coat: Cream.

Cutie mark: A wing chun dummy.

Extra details: He has a toned, well kept physique.

Distinguishing features: N/A

Specialty (eg. special skills, unique powers etc): He is a great martial artist, having a good combination of strength, speed, skill, and reflexes. He also is familiar with numerous styles, from Zui Quan to Muay Thai, and combines all of them into his fighting, allowing him to be unpredictable, due to the many ways he learned how to fight.

Weaknesses: He has no supernatural ability to speak of, only relying on his talent to get by. He also isn't more than familiar with the styles he uses, meaning that he has mastered none of them. Finally, he is just as vulnerable as anyone else, only able to take so much before giving out.

Gear: He wears a nice white suit wherever he goes, and tends to wear black wrap around sunglasses. Whenever he goes out, knowing he'll get into a fight, however, he switches his outfit for a custom sleeveless grey long coat that splits four ways at the end.

History: Tu Di was born as an outsider in Manehatten, as his parents had moved to the city to start a new life, but managed to scrounge enough money by doing various odd jobs. As soon as he was able, he also began to work so that his parents and him could live a little easier, forgoing getting a formal education. However, him getting legitimate jobs didn't stop him from partaking in more illegal activities, like thievery, to get a little extra spending money. This kept him physically active, as he wasn't so good at sneakily stealing things, but became good at outrunning those he stole from; and when he couldn't run, he fought them, and typically won. Eventually, with his extra money, he treated himself and went and saw a kung fu movie, as it was the first one that caught his eye. Watching it, he was immediately hooked, and began to get more money to continue watching similar films, thus causing him to get more and more fit as he found himself running or fighting nearly every day. At one point, it hit him that he too wanted to become a great martial artist, like his heroes in the movies. He asked his parents for money to travel the world and learn kung fu. They were skeptical, especially since they knew and disapproved of the fights he was getting into, but eventually relented and saved up money for him to be able to do so. He started by going out into the city and looking for local martial arts schools. He took what he learned, and used it to make some extra money by fighting others for cash. He learned from several different schools, and learned several different styles from each school. He continued doing so until he was scouted by someone looking to make a movie, and wanted Tu Di for the main role. Tu Di was ecstatic, and immediately agreed. The film wasn't that popular, but it ended up getting Tu Di more roles. He was never satisfied, however; he had learned of so many new styles of fighting from his movie exploits, and wanted to learn them all. So, he ended up using his money to learn these different styles, which would ultimately let him get more roles that asked for martial artists who could fight differently from the rest.

Personality: Tu Di is somewhat egotistical, believing himself to be a great fighter and actor, and tends to react poorly whenever someone suggests otherwise. It also leads to him spending money on outfits that he either thinks look cool, or show his wealth. He also can be self centered at times, thinking of himself before others. His cockiness is notable as well, as he tends to show off what he can do whenever he gets into a fight, especially if others are watching. Despite all that, he tries to be friendly enough, and has a sense of right and wrong, and will try to do what he thinks is right, even if it puts him in danger. This can be a problem, as he sometimes doesn't consider how much danger he's putting himself in.

Current Home: Manehatten.

Misc: He is largely unfamiliar with the history of Equestria, and knows the bare minimum about other places. He tries to learn and understand more about others, though.

It is not sufficient that I succeed. All others must fail

You know, it’s amazing what you can get done when you don’t concern yourself with right and wrong. When you just … do things for a laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:26 am

Chappy wrote:
Name: Tu Di

"To Die" seems like an ominous character name. Nonetheless, approved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:01 am

Name: Knoxx

Race: Diamond Dog.

Coat: Reddish brown.

Extra details: N/A.

Distinguishing features: He is large, even by diamond dog standards, standing taller than most, and having the body to fit his height.

Specialty (eg. special skills, unique powers etc): He is particularly strong, able to outmuscle anything short of a abnormally strong Minotaur. His build also makes him fairly durable, able to shrug off most attacks, within reason. He also has a rudimentary knowledge of smithing, able to make very basic armor and weapons. Finally, he is quicker than his build would imply,

Weaknesses: While he is tougher than most, able to take a substantial amount of damage before going down, he is still vulnerable to the same things an average person is, so fatal wounds will still be fatal; it will just take longer. On a different note, he is completely unknowledgeable about basic things in Equestria's history, monarchy, and so on. He is also completely illiterate.

Occupation: None, though he does various odd jobs wherever he goes.

Gear: He has crudely made iron armor, that mostly boils down to slabs of iron molded to his form, that covers his abdomen and legs. He also carries a particularly large axe, with a short, fat wooden handle, and a big, wide axe head. He also carries a large sword, that resembles a club more than a blade, and only qualifies as a sword due to it being sharpened on it's edge. He also has a collar, with a single jem as it's tag.

History: Knoxx was born underground, in the gryphon kingdom, to a group of diamond dogs living in mines. From birth, he was noted for his abnormal size, and as such, was put to work as soon as he was able. He showed no aptitude for mining however, and his size was only used for moving whatever was mined. That was his life for more than 20 years, before his group came up with the idea to obtain more workers for their mines, as their hauls weren't as substantial as they wanted, by going above ground and kidnapping gryphons. They sent a small group to do this, of which Knoxx was not a part of. The group failed, and only 1 of the group returned. The survivor told everyone about the weapons that the gryphons used, and the armor they wore, and blamed those for his group failing. Knoxx was inspired by the tales of the survivor, and immediately went about thinking up ideas on how to make his own versions of the gryphons armaments. He only had their concepts however, as the survivor didn't go Into detail about what the swords and armor looked like. This did not stop Knoxx, however, who worked on his projects whenever he was able. He rationalized that a blade couldn't cut without weight behind it, so he made the sword with weight in mind. When his projects were finished, he presented them to the others; whom, unknown to him, were also working on their own weapons and armor, albeit in a more organized way. His versions of the armaments were laughed off as being unwieldy, or ineffective. He said he would show them how effective they would be, and went to the surface, on his own, to test his equipment. There, he ran into a group of gryphons, who had heard of the diamond dog attack, and hired a bodyguard to protect them; a Minotaur, wielding an axe fitting for his size. Knoxx fought with the Minotaur, and ended up victorious. His pride In proving his equipment effective, however, was overshadowed by his awe of the minotaurs weapon. He had no clue there were other weapons used on the surface. His mission forgotten, he took the axe, and decided to leave the other diamond dogs, and travel the world, to see the different weapons used by the surface dwellers.

Personality: Knoxx is, at best, crude. He doesn't have a filter, and tends to wear his heart on his sleeve. That being said, he also tends to keep to himself; though it stems from appreciating personal space and isolation, rather than actively not wishing to interact with others. His attitude doesn't change when with friends, either; his crudeness just becomes more subdued. Despite that, when he does make a friend, he will hold them close, and will remain loyal, even if it hurts him to do so. Finally, he is incredibly stubborn, and slow to admit failures, often making excuses or blaming others instead.

Current Home: None, though he tends to stay in small towns, and stays away from cities.

Misc: He never saw a real sword before making his, only having an idea of what they are. Thus, he thinks his sword is the only real sword, and all others are made incorrectly.

It is not sufficient that I succeed. All others must fail

You know, it’s amazing what you can get done when you don’t concern yourself with right and wrong. When you just … do things for a laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:47 am

Chappy wrote:
Name: Knoxx

Approved, in absence of main character admin.

ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:56 am

((Submitting two characters with updated sheets))

Name: Razor Back

Race: Thestral/Batpony

Appearance: Light grey coat with a shoulder length (for lack of a better term) purple mane which is often scruffy and unkempt. Has amber eyes which like most thestrals have black slits for pupils.

Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: Usually wears a Wonderbolts hoodie when off duty

Distinguishing Features: Razor Back has several small scars here and there across her coat due to a rough upbringing as well as her career as a guard.

Specialty: (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Razor Back is an expert in combat, trained from a young age and then receiving refinement in the night guard, she overwhelms most opponents with sheer ferocity but can take a more skillful approach if necessary. Fighting back against unfavorable odds is something she is used to.

Weaknesses: Razor's temper often leads her to do very stupid things during a fight if she gets sufficiently angry, and on top of this her lack of formal education causes some noticeable gaps in her general knowledge, causing her to be severely lacking in areas such as magical knowledge, potion brewing or even history.

Gear: Aside from the night guard armor, Razor Back wields a pair of longswords which unbeknownst to her are two of a set of nine originally forged by the Three Kingdoms in case an alicorn ever needed to be slain. However, the blades Razor wields will only reveal their power to someone who is both worthy and a pegasus, meaning Razor herself is unaware of their power

History: Razor Back was raised in a cult which her family belonged to, a fanatical group of Nightmare Moon worshippers who were preparing for her return as it was prophecised to be soon. Razor Back was an attempt by her family and the cult at large to raise a commander for Nightmare Moon upon her return, trying from a young age to brainwash and control her while training her to be a weapon.

Their attempts were fruitless and at the age of 16 Razor Back escaped from her family and fled to Canterlot; after spending a year working in odd jobs and labor to support herself she applied for the Night Guard with falsified documents about her age to get in. During this time she became an acquaintance and ally of Hoodwink due to her dissatisfaction with the guard and helped him undertake many of his heists and adventures.

During the same sting operating that caught Tea Leaf, Razor was arrested as an accomplice. She was given the same offer as him and now works with him as a part of Celestia's private team to investigate disturbances and crimes which the royal guard cannot officially be involved in.

Personality: Quick to anger, fierce and very bitter, Razor Back is a mare who carries a lot of issues and faults as a result of her upbringing. Despite this she is doing her best to better herself as a person, and wants nothing more than to do good in the world and defy her family.

Current Home: When not using the guard barracks she usually stays with Tea Leaf.

Misc:

ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:58 am

((Submitting two characters with updated sheets))

Name: Tea Leaf (Alias: Hoodwink)

Race: Earth Pony

Appearance: Light brown coat, dark brown fairly long mane, almost always dressed in a long midnight blue cape and a matching wide brimmed hat. Handsome with blue eyes and a thin build for an earth pony

Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: Speaks in a high class Trottingham accent

Distinguishing Features: The aforementioned cape and hat, almost always has a saddle bag of equipment with him as well as quite commonly a belt which various vials and potions can be attached to.

Specialty: (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): A master thief who has perfected many forms of infiltration and stealth. Also a skilled potion brewer and acrobat, capable of great agility and speed for an earth pony.

Weaknesses: Lacks physical power compared to most earth ponies and is not a skilled fighter, preferring to avoid a fight altogether and simply talk his way out of situations when he can.

Gear: Carries many potion ingredients with him as well as a flintlock pistol, which is usually used more as a tool or a threat than an actual weapon. Most common pieces of equipment include a grappling hook and smoke bombs.

History: Tea Leaf was adopted into a wealthy noble family at a young age, entirely as an attempt at goodwill and helping their generous and kind image. The young earth pony colt was never welcomed in the home truly, neglected in favor of their actual child Diamond Tip and in general left in the care of the staff instead, who more often than not simply told him to entertain himself.

Due to this sense of loneliness, Tea Leaf found solace in reading in the family library where he first became fascinated with adventure stories, from Daring Do to the more obscure and historical accounts of real thieves. Deciding he enjoyed the idea of the gentlemen thieves much more than the supposed high society he was being raised in, Tea Leaf quickly attached himself to the idea of becoming the greatest thief in Equestria.

By the age of only 16 Tea Leaf, using skills he had taught himself for years, left his family home while stealing a great amount of valuables in the process. Over the next six years he would go on to, indeed, become one of the most infamous thieves in Equestrian history, never causing much harm but seeming to be unstoppable and continually baffling the Equestrian Royal Guard.

Within the first year, "Hoodwink" was a member of the most wanted list in Equestria, but it took until six years after he began to be finally apprehended, caught in the middle of a sting operation after his ally in the guard Razor Back unintentionally betrayed him by letting some information slip about his next plan.

After spending several weeks in the castle prison, Tea Leaf was approached by Princess Celestia who offered him a more valuable use for his skills in infiltration and theft. Now Tea Leaf works for Celestia in lieu of a prison sentence for his crimes, employed by her as a spy and "problem solver" for threats to the kingdom and underhanded crimes of the other kingdoms of the world.

Personality: Tea Leaf is arrogant, sarcastic and overall can seem unpleasant at first glance. The sarcasm and arrogance are something of a facade however, as the stallion is, generally, an affable and good hearted pony who simply has a tendency towards kleptomania, the brunt of his arrogance and sarcasm being reserved for those he sees as not worth his time, or simply people he doesn't like. Towards his friends he is, by contrast, fun loving and loyal to a fault.

Current Home: A manor house in Canterlot.

Misc: Tea Leaf's nature as "Hoodwink" is something of an open secret to those who actually know Tea Leaf; while he has only ever fully confessed to being the thief to his companions and the Princesses, he makes minimal effort to hide it after his capture since he is now legally protected from his past actions.

Daniel Throop

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Name: Thunder Bolt

Race: Pegasus

Age: 36 (or roughly round about the age of Rainbow dash, more or less.)

Mane: Light Blonde

Coat: Dark Blue

Cutie mark.: A Solid Silver (with Yellow outline) Lightning Bolt

Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: The Lightning Bolt is not Harry Potter themed.

Distinguishing Features: He has a streak of silver in his hair. Golden Yellow eyes.

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Has a power similar to that of Rainbow Dash, when he races he can create a boom sound of thunder when he bolts.

But unlike Rainbow Dash whenever he makes a turn [usually 45 to 90 degrees or more (180-360)] he also makes the thunder bolt sound thus creating/ making many sounds of thunder crashing.

Note: He CANNOT do a Sonic Rainboom (that ability is unique and special only to Rainbow Dash as far as we know in the MLP Show canon), he just makes loud sounds of Thunder (when he moves very quickly) that ARE useful and handy when scaring/ fighting off an enemy. (He isn't called Thunder Bolt for nothing.)

Weaknesses: Rash, Impulsive (Daring/ Brave). Long Distance/ Stamina Flying. (he is better in short quick bursts like lightning bolts, get it?) Taunting/ Jokes. (Clarification Note: If For Example he taunts a giant/ bully/ Cyclops/ Griffon/ Ogre/ Monster/ Person/ Pony (with a short temper), etc., that can get him into trouble.)

And Also Betting (on Stupid Stuff/ Things, he is impulsive after all, and while he tries to think Logically and Rationally with his head and mind, sometimes his emotions take over).

Gear: Pen, Quill, Paper, Dagger.
History: Born in Cloudsdale. Raised up in a simple humble house/ home (his parents weren't ever all that really rich or famous).

Single child, no brothers or sisters (younger or older).

Learned combat skills ever since the age of Twelve to defend and protect himself.  

Moved out of the house (to Ponyville) after his parents died at age 18.

Was inspired by Rainbow Dash to become a (very) fast flier. (Note: He only saw her fly and do the Sonic Rainboom, he isn't connected in any other way that much.)

Never has lived anywhere else because, "Canterlot is just too boring for me, and Manehattan as well too. Both are too stuck up." (And Las Pegasus just has TOO MUCH to do in so little time.) [A quote to which I will use in my Fan Fiction of him, Coming Very Soon and Shortly!]

Personality: A Loyal Friend that will make jokes out of any situation or pony. Kind, generous, honest, brave/ daring. Very Social (Always goes to Parties when he can). [Also Note: He is only Loyal to his friends and to (any) causes that he personally believes in and will stand up for them and fight for them.]

Current Home: Ponyville

Misc: He is always on time and always keeps (his) favors/ promises.

Last edited by Daniel Throop on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:01 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : More (Extra) Details/ Information)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:31 am

ObsidianPony wrote:
Name: Razor Back

SQUEEEEE! ^__^

Despite my blatant bias in favor of all things violent lesbian thestral, I'll be totally objective here and approve this resubmission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 am

ObsidianPony wrote:
Name: Tea Leaf (Alias: Hoodwink)

SQUEEEE! ^___^

Bias... overwhelming...
ERRRRGH!
Resubmission approved, because I'm totally objective about Hoodwink. Totally.

>.>
<.<

Yyyeah... ^_^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:40 am

Daniel Throop wrote:
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Has a power similar to that of Rainbow Dash, when he races he can create a boom sound of thunder when he bolts. But unlike Rainbow Dash whenever he makes a turn [usually 45 to 90 degrees or more (180-360)] he also makes the thunder bolt sound thus creating/ makin many sounds of thunder crashing. (He isn't called Thunder Bolt for nothing.)

Do note that Rainbow Dash's ability to create the sonic rainboom appears to be unique. I'd like this changed to clarify that Thunder Bolt doesn't do sonic rainbooms, just can create loud noise by moving quickly.

Daniel Throop wrote:
History: Born in Cloudsdale. Moved out of the house after his parents died at age 18. Was inspired by Rainbow Dash to become a (very) fast flier. (Note: He only saw her fly and do the Sonic Rain-boom, he isn't connected in any other way that much.)

I feel this history is a little bit sporadic. If you could double its length, I'd feel it adequate.

I don't see many issues here, except the sparse history and the implication that he can sonic rainboom. Clear those two up and you're in business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Daniel Throop wrote:

With the revisions you've made, this character is approved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Throop

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxtrot

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Name: Foxtrot

Race: Unicorn

Mane:Black, wavy throughout.

Coat: Brown

Cutie mark:White Falcon, Green Shield, Four Red Diamonds at each corner.

Distinguishing Features: A piece of his right ear is missing, it appears to be surgically removed.

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc):Stealth, lock picking, pickpocketing, pursuit evasion, safe cracking, hoof to hoof combat, and parkour.

Spells for "What-if?" scenarios [Foxtrot CAN'T utilize these spells normally; But in the event that he would be able to depending on the thread, this is the intended default list]:

Levitation - Advanced knowledge. Foxtrot was able to lift himself from the ground while running for a short time. This was useful when running across water, over dangerous surfaces, or even up walls.

Teleportation - Average knowledge. Foxtrot can teleport himself several times without tire as well as groups of three or four. The more he teleports with him, the less he can re-teleport.

Shield - Expert knowledge. Due to extensive training and near everyday usage in the field, Foxtrot's shield is one of the most common and most powerful spells he uses. He's able to deflect multiple attacks, both physically and magically at the same time if need be. The activation of the spell is clocked in at half a second and can expand to several meters without sacrificing strength.

Blast - Expert knowledge. The second most used spell in Foxtrot's inventory, his magical blast served as his 'sidearm' during combat scenarios. Able to fire accurately over 30 yards, he's able to fire successive shots for a minute without needing to wait. Around the time lost his magic, Foxtrot was beginning to be able to curve his shots and hit targets around corners.

Flare/Light - Average knowledge. Taught as average curriculum in the academy, Foxtrot is able to provide light directly from his horn or fire a projectile light into the sky (like a flare).

Preservation - Advanced knowledge. Learned before joining the guard, Foxtrot was able to encase himself in a magical barrier (similar to his shield). However, the spell exchanges strength for durability; the spell keeps Foxtrot in a state of suspended animation, blocking off any magical energy that might affect him. This serves as a passive skill for survival as Foxtrot cannot move while this spell is in effect.

Magical Charge - Expert knowledge. When armed with his machete Vindicator, Foxtrot is able to channel his magic to it and add an artificial form of electricity composed of pure magic. When striking the target, it sends a charge through their bodies (like a taser) which causes further damage and can stun. An unexpected effect was the heat of the blade as well; when charged with this magic, the blade itself begins to heat to near dangerous levels, causing it to turn red as well as burn some metals. The downside was that if the blade itself became too hot, it would melt under the intense heat. Because of this, Foxtrot only uses this power in dire situations or when facing tough opponents.

Weaknesses: As a unicorn his biggest weakness would be his lack of magic. Everyday activities he does by hoof, keeping quiet about it as to not draw attention to it. Although, things like playing his guitar is manageable enough, his work does become a challenge. His profession does put him at a social disadvantage. He has to keep things vague when talking about work and it sinks into his overall demeanor.

Gear: Vindicator, a combat machete. Green field jacket with light but sturdy armor plating underneath (Think of Kevlar in real life). A black acoustic guitar with foreign engravings on it. Lockpick kit, grapple hook with rope, small medical pack. Crossbow pistol with various bolts (steel tip, flare, incendiary, smoke).

History: So what's it like being the child of two of Equestria's most skilled and notorious master thieves? Not as crazy as you'd expect. Granted, work caused many a move from town to town but other than that it was rather normal for the unicorn. At the age of five Foxtrot's parents brought in an addition to the family, an older sibling named Nivalia. Despite her special circumstance the two got along very well, going through school and daily life without much hassle. As he got older though, things started to become more complicated as he inquired about what exactly his parents did for a living. "Collections" they would say, but an answer the gifted unicorn couldn't accept. At the age of 17, Foxtrot, with the aid of his sister, finally pieces together who his folks really were, The Gemini Thieves. The two were wanted for a heist spree all across Equestria, stealing from only the most secure vaults and tightest securities around. When asked how they've managed to stay undercover for so long, their answer was meticulous planning for months if not years ahead. When faced with the option of either turning his parents in or joining their life of crime, Foxtrot chose the latter. In the next few years he was trained in stealth, lock picking, pickpocketing, pursuit evasion, safe cracking, hoof to hoof combat, and parkour. Combined with his rigorous magic in magic, he overcame the most difficult of obstacles his parents could throw at him. From there he and his parents conducted heists targeting the wealthiest of nobles to the dirtiest underground criminal organizations. As time passed though, The Gemini Thieves became more high risk and reckless with their work. During one job they were nearly caught, with enough evidence to not only put themselves behind bars, but their kids too. Outraged at their carelessness, Foxtrot argued and debated with them all through the night. By morning the three came to a single conclusion, they would give up their life of crime for good. The following month went well for Foxtrot and his family; finances were never a problem, so time was spent together as a family. Things were fine until the day his parents suddenly went missing. After a week of searching, Foxtrot and Nivalia received a mysterious ransom letter, attached to it was their father's ear. Wasting no time the two went to the designated meeting place and were ambushed. Knocked unconscious, the two awoke to find themselves bound and tied into some dark ritual.

As he and Nivalia struggled to break free, they witnessed their parents being drained of their magic. Right after their magic was taken, The Gemini Thieves were slain before their own children. Unfortunately, Foxtrot couldn't escape in time to avoid his own magic being drained in a hoof sized crystal. Before he's killed though, Nivalia breaks free; knocking over the ponies in front of her brother and releasing him as well. Now free, the two were able to barely escape, Foxtrot using his quick thinking and an explosion as well. The gem holding his magic still remaining with his captors. After the event, Foxtrot and Nivalia laid low in Canterlot. Despite his own emotional and magical distress, he remained stoic and supportive of his more traumatized sibling. To distract themselves from the loss the two ventured into new territory; Nivalia opening her own shop, and Foxtrot taking up the guitar and training his body to work without his magical ability. Now, years later the unicorn returns to his life of crime; targeting nobles and gangs alike with calculating precision. His leisure time is spent at bars, drinking away the memories and "what could have been" of his life.

Personality: A pragmatic through and through, Foxtrot prioritizes a good plan for most of his endeavors. During social situations, he's polite and rather pleasant in conversations. He becomes more vague in his responses when questioned about his magic, work, or family. At gotta best he's loyal to the end, giving as much to keep his friends safe and happy. At his worst, he's not above lying, cheating, stealing, or hurting others to achieve his goal.

Current Home: 1bedroom Apartment in Canterlot, as well as small safehouses throughout the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unknownfrontier.createaforum.com/index.php
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:30 am

Foxtrot wrote:
Name: Foxtrot

This is some really good work, and the group will certainly benefit from your inclusion. Character approved. Smile

Last edited by DualThrone on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craicte

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Name: Ugthor Blackfist

Race: Bjorn

Tribe: Kodak

Height: 9 feet tall

Skeletal structure: Biped

Body type: Covered in fur and iron hard muscle

Fur color: Reddish brown everywhere but hands, which are pitch black

Eye color: Reddish purple

Strengths: While not exactly a scholar of magical theory, he knows enough to be able to imbue his fists with elemental magic, and has strength on par with a teenage dragon, also has strong sense of smell and hearing, lastly, he has protection of his god Mar, who protects him from the influence of chaos and grants him greater skill in building and smithing, he can also imbue elemental properties into his works

Weaknesses: Poor vision in general, not too good with the higher difficulty magic, gets lost on most explanations of such, has a weakness for pretty faces, is terrified of heights, and HATES getting wet.

Extra info: Slow to call others friends, but will fly into a rage if someone hurts those who he considers as such, and will often put himself in harms way to protect them

History: The Bjorn are a very intense race of bear people living in the inhospitable lands between yakyakistan and the crystal empire, their motto in life is "If Life is not hard, you are doing it wrong." They are by far one of the oldest races of equestria, however they have little care as to this, all they care about is living life as dictated by their parthenon of gods, The conceptual council. This council  governs the good and bad of the four major concepts of reality; Life, Death, Order, and Chaos. They have a rocky history with ponies, as they helped Discord during his rule, stating that "they must assist the son of Zmatok" It has been discovered recently that they have four different tribes, each dedicated to a different god, yet they all work together seamlessly.

The Kodak worship Mar, the god of Order. Their religous texts state that "Upon his hammer were the first civilizations forged"

The Sutop worship Krela, the goddess of life, their texts state that "From her warmth did the first plants grow"

The Blurgat worship Narlox, The god of Death. Their texts state that "From his shroud cometh a final, eternal rest."

Lastly, the Krunjow worship Zmata, the god of chaos, their texts state " Upon this tricksters machinations do the wheels of change tread."

Weapon of choice: one handed pick hammer, a mix of a pickaxe and hammer, and a shield

Armor: Wears traditional heavy Bjorn armor, metal cast over and filling in bone, making various animal shapes in the armor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Craicte wrote:

Well, it doesn't follow the prescribed format but you gave me everything I need. Character approved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craicte

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:55 pm

DualThrone wrote:
Craicte wrote:

Well, it doesn't follow the prescribed format but you gave me everything I need. Character approved.

Sorry, I struggle with formats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mx. Thinkamancer

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:00 am

Name: Theodore ("Theo" for short)

Race: Lion (Anthro)

Mane: Short sand blond

Coat: Fine white fur

Extra details that aren't needed but are nice to add: Blue eyes; lean, athletic build meant for dexterous action over strength.

Distinguishing Features: Often wearing awkward, eye-catching outfits, especially when working.

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Has a talent for observation and research, leading to a wide but shallow knowledge base; honed his hand-eye coordination skills with juggling and similar street performances; also able to at least lift his own weight.

Weaknesses: Too quick to consider himself second to everyone else, often leading him to harming himself for others.  Equally so, when in a mentally deep situation he doesn't have an answer ready for, he tends to become taciturn and watch others attempt to figure things out instead.  Quick to act phsyically, but not mentally; borders on the line between courageous and foolhardy in a pinch.

History: Theodore was born and raised on one of the expansive countrysides of Zebrica to a Pride of Lionfolk. Much of his youth was reasonably spent getting a fine schooling as well as learning some of the old ways of Lions from his mother, a competent hunter and survivalist in her own right, and generally enjoyed a peaceful life with his broad family since they didn't live too far off from the more populated city regions, allowing them easy access to work and their commodities.

In due time, a teenage Theodore grew curious and hungry for more than his simple life, and sought to head out further on his own. His family protested out of care, but such was his desire to head out into the unknown that they couldn't help but give him the chance to do so; He was given some money and basic essentials, and he never turned back since, but would write to them every chance he could manage.

Among his early travels, he would soon meet a traveling circus, and with it, he'd gain skill he never really thought he had. He would work for them to earn his keep, but over time while trying to imitate some of the performers for fun, he would prove to have a knack for their brand of entertainment as well. Fit, young, and eager to improve, he developed himself as quite the street performer wherever they set up shop in cities.

Some time later, they would part ways, but their lessons and friendship would stick with him ever since as he began to make use of his skills to entertain those in the city he chose to live in, enthralled by its urban charms he never could get from his first home. Between his own efforts, and occasionally working with fellow entertainers, the now young adult would earn himself an apartment and his own niceties, where he could use his own personal time to keep self-teaching himself in what he could from books, write back and forth with family and friends, and find ways to keep himself nimble as needed; Still, there was always a chance he could wander once more along with his curiosity...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:23 am

Mx. Thinkamancer wrote:
Name: Theodore ("Theo" for short)

Alvin, Simon, Theodore...? I had to, I'm sorry.

Mx. Thinkamancer wrote:
Distinguishing Features: Often wearing awkward, eye-catching outfits, especially when working.

Why do I suddenly have an image of an anthro lion in assless chaps, rhinestones, and lots of purple glitter makeup...?
I need to stop hanging around Heartstring...

OK, this character is approved. I'm so sorry for the random commentary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New OC Character Thread 3   

Back to top Go down

Brand New OC Character Thread 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next