A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Quaking in their boots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:58 am

Oathbound was about to go and inspect the damage his attack might have caused on the wall when he was pushed to the side. He quickly sprang up and prepared to strike whatever had pushed him when he saw what was happening. He recoiled when he saw Luna - no, Nightmare Moon - threw Blue Sensation through the very same part of the wall that Oath had tried to destroy. If he would have been willing, he could have thought that he helped in the destruction of the wall that Nightmare Moon walked through.

He walked over to Blue and swiped a bit of dust off his back. "You think that by badmouthing people you will help them achieve their greatest potential? Is that it?" He asked, before he thought about it a little himself before holding up a hoof. "Nevermind, I don't want to know. But I will let you know that even if our journey here is successful, you will face public humiliation and possible loss of your noble rights. Not even nobles get away with insulting princesses. Chosen One or no, you made a big mistake. And this isn't something you can talk yourself out of." He said with a scoff.
He was about to walk away from Blue when he heard him say that he was thankful for the transformation he caused in the Lunar Diarch, he stopped, shook a little and in a momentary rage his eyes turned red and he kicked Blue in the schnoz with all his might. He then walked away as his vision returned to normal.

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:40 am

"I'm afraid that our idiotid friend here is correct," Hound said, still gasping after being lifted several stories into the air by Rez. "The fool has by his own admission unleashed my other Mistress. Luna and Nightmare Moon are of the same coin, you could say. Just on opposite sides," the werewolf explained as she guided the group after Paladin and the Princess. "Fortunately for everyone here, the Queen of Darkness no longer wishes to bring about eternal night, so we are quite safe," she said, to both allay fears and answer Rez's question.

Paladin heard the crack as Oath broke Blue's nose, and he glanced at Nightmare. "You look uncomfortable my Princess," he said, watching the area around them.

The diarch of shadows nodded. "I feel naked without my armour. I hope Gem cleans it quickly," she said, glancing at the group. "This was the best you could muster Knight?" She asked, before glancing at the castle which was coming into view. "For I sense demons."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:27 am

Nox stared, petrified, thoughts frozen so that she barely registered claims that the Mare in the Moon was apparently "safe", or that she was the Queen of Shadows (Nox took slight offense to this claim). Though, eventually, one thing in particular did finally make it through the flash-freeze and into her brain.

“Her highness, is no longer Luna. And for that I am thankful~”

Nox's ice-cold fear drained from her like water draining from an overturned bottle, leaving an oddly empty feeling in her barrel through which her heart's pounding reverberated violently. Her focus narrowed solely to Blue and Nightmare. Nox walked forward, though her entire body shook, without hesitation. She walked right past Nightmare and stopped a single hoofstep from Blue.

"Paladin." Nox said quietly, her voice too even for any chance of safety. "I need to talk to your cannon fodder for a moment." It was not a request, and Nox already had him by the throat, her magic crackling and shocking Blue in multiple places around his neck. She turned around, walking quickly past Nightmare and everypony else, and she took Blue to a semi-secluded part of the wall, where she very, very nearly slammed him up against it, but remembered the spikes that shot out when attacked. So instead, she held him with his hooves dangling just above the ground.

"I suggest you actually listen to me, you dimwitted traitor, because now you're life is in immediate danger." Nox looked Blue right in the eyes, and her voice still far too calm and even for any pony to mistake for anything other than 'you have fucked up'. "I need you to give me a very good reason not to dispose of you right now. You have brought back to life the mare who once tried to kill her sister and plunge the world into eternal night, and I have no inclination to believe you did not intend to bring back that same pony. I'd say you actually didn't because you're a thoughtless idiot who's now proven himself a danger to Princess Luna, the rescue mission, and all of Equestria, but past experiences tell me quite plainly that the most dangerous, treacherous ponies can seem very innocent and empty-headed... or too big-headed for actual intelligence or sense, in your apparent case.

"So... tell me, Blue, why should I not eliminate you right now to make sure you cease to pose a threat to this rescue party and all of Equestria?" All while she'd been talking, Nox's horn had been charging up with magic, until a bright, nearly-white ball bigger than Blue's head sat at the tip of her horn, mere inches from the stallion's probably-broken nose.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:25 am

Rez nodded to Hounds answer, and seemed more than content to simply continue walking along with the surprisingly self destructive group. The neat thing about being a sound mage though was that not only was it just about impossible for others to sneak up on or away from him, but also even a hushed whisper could be heard loud as day. So he heard Oath's threats as well as the resounding crack from the punch. He also heard exactly where Nox had all but drug Blue and the conversation that followed. With the head slump that was his equivalent to a sigh, Rez levitated out a board again and scribbled a new message on it before stretching out a new limb from the middle of his body and grabbing the board with it. The piece stretched between trees, over and under limbs, and stopped when it was able to hold the board right in front of Nox's face so there'd be no trouble reading it.

Because you aren't the law of this land, you aren't beyond the consequences of your actions, and you don't even have the kind of protection this stallion's status, wealth, and title can at least attempt to provide. A new growth extended out of the one holding the board to wipe the board clear and then write some more. He will suffer some consequence, don't join him by making the same mistake. After an ample amount of time for Nox to read the second message, it too was wiped clean before the whole thing was retracted back to Rez, where the board was deposited back into the bag and the stallion continued walking as if nothing had changed or happened.

In fact while one board was occupied passing on that warning to Nox, Rez's telekinesis was busy holding up the other board that held his reply to Hound. Ah, good to know Fluffy. Though ya think she'd appreciate the knowledge that I help several ponies enjoy her nights partying it up at the club? Speaking of, you should come sometime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Blue took the attack by Nox with resignation. His gasps for air sounded bored and tired. He was becoming numb to the feeling of being dangled from the throat, establishing a pattern of wheezing that let him talk as though he wasn't being starved of air.  The one pony too absorbed in what was meant to be music, and sometimes his fluffy date had remained indifferent. Blue couldn't see the board, it could have said “Do it pussy” underlined with three exclamation marks. Blue didn't think that was the case though. He hoped it was something that helped with what he was planning on saying.

“I didn’t want to waste time,” Blue said. “So I proceeded with the quickest plan available. No one was hurt that wasn’t prepared for it. I’ve only offered solutions to help us get to the princess so far. I welcome any plans that will not lead to me being shouted down, but if nopony will offer other solutions I must continue. My plans work, even if nopony is happy to hear it. I told you how to escape the sand, and helped to break the wall in record time while others were scratching their head.” He looked at the mare holding him up. How she was standing, and the danger she was putting him in. If he started with the shoulder and followed that down with a cut, she would surely turn off course. He might get hit anyway, but she also might lose the spell...He'd much rather talk his way from that situation. He needed to nurse his injured face, but any move would probably not be met kindly.

“It is no secret I do not like the princess very much, but my loyalties lie very much with Equestria. To that end, I would never do irreparable damage to any of the princesses that Equestria needs. Do you think for a second that I would endanger my home? I have to live here! Even if I were some kind of traitor, which is a very loaded claim, I would not be so stupid. You are, of course, right to show concern about the way I choose to handle royalty, but I know how to dance this dance with this one particular mare. You were an interesting unknown quantity, I did not expect that you would be so invested in the Princess’ wellbeing that you would respond so violently.” An interesting unknown she was indeed, and she had taken him away from the group under the pretense of wanting to punish for what he said, but if they were going to get into an altercation they would have done so already. Blue felt he knew quite well what that meant.He would have to be more careful about his behaviour if he had a fan watching him. “Please don't be too alarmed by any of my future actions. I am sorry, truly, but the path of least resistance to our goal can tread on a few hooves. I can stand well behind you in future, or always in your sight whichever…” He couldn’t ignore his throat by this point. He’d have to stay away from loud declarations for a while. “...Makes you the happiest, Miss Moon. I wouldn’t worry about y-our princess, the sight of her sister shall calm her, as she does with all.” Blue had more to say, but now was not a good time for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 am

To let Blue go on and further risk the mission or to let the colt of a stallion be and hope that the presence of Nightmare Moon will keep him quiet. The choice was one he didn't want to make.
The mentioning of demons went by his ears entirely as he worked on calming down from that momentary outburst of his.
Instead his mind wandered around the threats he'd given to Blue. Stripping of noble title, public humiliation...
"All the things you've faced. Blue Sensation and you are not so different as you might think."
"Silence, Oathbreaker. I won't let you jeopardize this mission."
"What, and let you have all the fun? I could silence that noble runt right now, forever."
"You will have to get through me first."
"If the purpose of that retort was to make me switch targets, it's working. And maybe I'll absorb the power that alicorn you call Luna is wielding."
This caused Oath's face to blanch. The power of Nightmare Moon, in Oathbreaker's hooves?

All while this internal conflict was going on in his head, he walked with the group silently.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 am

Whether Paladin heard Nox's statement or not wasn't clear, though he did ignore her when she grabbed Blue by the throat and dragged him off. Instead, he nodded to Nightmare and sighed. "I must admit, I did draw of our nations strength as quickly as possible. I could have waited for better applicants, but these were the fastest, and I did not wish to put your sister's life in more jeopardy than was absolutely unavoidable," the white stallion glanced around, his horn crackling with untapped energy.

Hound growled, her flesh already rippling as she sniffed the air, looking to Rez at with a shake of her head. "I will tell her, but I have tried to go to one of your kins... parties. The noise alone was enough to drive me mad, and almost deafen me. I feel I shall not attend another one," she said quietly.

The main group, consisting of everyone bar Nox and Blue, would be given little warning before a creature straight out of a foal's nightmare emerged from the shadows, followed by a dozen of it's fellows. It was vaguely bipedal, with a pair of arms that stretched to it knees, and a distended jaw. The demons carried various forms of weapons in their misshapen hands, and their dark grey skin seemed to absorb the nearby light. The fearsome creatures lunged, each of the companions having two foes to face.

Before Blue would be given a chance to explain himself proper, a shout would echo through the forest, soundly a lot like Nightmare Moon, followed by the crashing on steel on steel weaponry. The leaves and underbrush around the pair would rustle, before a creature similar to that that the main group faced emerged, claws dragging across the earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:16 am

Rez had definitely saved Blue’s life. Nox was certain the Noble wouldn’t have had the brains to come up with an adequate excuse for what he’d done, and as she listened to his reasons, she found that she was right. Blue was a dangerous character, whether he meant to be or not. The road to Tartarus was paved with good intentions for a reason. Or rather, started at a good intention and was paved with compromises.

“The ends do not always justify the means, Blue. Verbally berating the Princess, who’s already gone through a thousand years of mental torment, to the point that she reverts to her Nightmare form is not justified by a broken wall.” Nox was definitely calmer by this point. “I will not forgive you for what you’ve done to the Princess, no matter what your ends were. However, I will take you up on your offer to put you under close watch.” Suddenly, Nightmare’s battle cry rang through the forest and nearly scared the fur and feathers off of Nox. She ended up dropping Blue and once again attempted to extend her wings, this time to fly above the wall to see exactly what was going on, why there was the sound of metal clashing against metal. But her belt was sturdy, and all she did was jump in the air like a filly trying to see over a tall counter.

Slightly embarrassed now, Nox bolted for the hole in the wall, but looked back, wondering if she should do something about Blue. If he’s nearly as competent as he boasts he is, he should be just- Nox’s thoughts, and hooves, were halted when a horrific bipedal creature emerged from the bushes behind where Nox had been a moment ago. Granted, now she was only a few yards from that spot, but now that creature was closer Blue, and despite how much she despised the stallion, she felt he was too innocent to deserve to be eviscerated by some horrid abomination.

Nox turned around fully, charged her horn again, and sent a powerful blast at the creature’s head. Which bounced off.

Huh. Well, okay then.

Nox then noticed the way the creature seemed to absorb the light around it. Perhaps it had a strong connection to the darkness? Nox focused on the shadows near, on, and inside the creature, and concentrated on getting rid of all of them. This caused the creature to appear to glow slightly, but other than that there was no visible effect.

...Damn. That complicates things further. Well… let’s try something else.

Nox picked up the creature in her magic, then slammed it into the ground. Then she flung it in an arch into the wall with all the force she could, and slammed it back on the ground. She did this dozens of times, the creature moving so fast it was almost a complete blur. Finally, when it was on the ground again, she decided to stop the assault and check if the creature was even still alive.

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:32 pm

Blue had his next argument ready, that's doubtful Luna may brood too much, or ask another to perform a task of needless risk. Nightmare knew what she wanted a lot better. He was truly doing the group a favour by making so if they must follow a leader that they were going to have one that was competent and clear minded. He never got the make his case thanks to the forces of the forest conspiring against him. He wasn't too worried the rest of the group, everypony that was needed was with him, and they were all component enough anyway if they stuck together. Nox had made the accusation that he was a danger to the group, but then abandoned one of their number...This fact took priority over any cuteness Blue may have found in Miss Moon's curious reaction to nearby sounds.

Blue stood up not too hurriedly. His horn lit up as he waited for the monster to approach. He hoped it didn't know how to scream because the noble very much liked being able to hear well. He snapped at a branch from one of the trees and moved it between the two of them, leaves pointing towards the creature. His magic cut into the bark at that end, before Nox returned, not wanting to let harm come to her crush.

The stallion clapped one hoof against the ground to give applause to his rescuer, the one who left him in danger to begin with. Of course, Blue knew this to be a test of if he would follow. What a clever mare to play with danger in such a safe way. “Flawless form Miss Moon,” Blue said without a hint of sarcasm as he tended to his muzzle, magically trying to reconstruct it is it could heal properly and in good time. “I am never one to cut a private meeting short, but I think we have exchanged all that which needed to be said, and there is a fight we may yet still help with. Shall I be the one to lead, since you wished to make sure nothing unfortunate happens in my presence?”  Blue’s legs bounced with readiness as he picked up the branch he had dropped. He wanted to go back to the group and help, showing no signs of having been demoralised by spending the last few minutes being thrown, beaten and threatened. Unlike the princess, Blue was in perfect control of the red fog that came from what he had endured. He couldn't make them see how foolish they were without doing anything, that would make him all talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Rez comically hung his head at the refusal, only to lift it right back up as a new idea came to mind. He started scribbling out a reply when the newest little abominations popped out from the wood to launch their attack. The appearance caught Rez off guard, and for the moment he lost his grip on the dry erase board, letting it fall to the ground below while his headphones were pulled off his ears. As the two beasts started their attack at Rez, the malleable pony simply stretched himself around their weapon swings to avoid them. His counter attack though came with a boom as the now down headphones provided more than ample sound for his sonic based attacks.

Directing, amplifying, and condensing the sound, Rez unleashed an incredibly powerful blast at the two creatures that came after him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:54 am

"Beware their claws," Nightmare said calmly as she summoned a large scythe, the wickedly curved blade shining like a crescent moon. "They are coated in a virulent toxin, and I do not wish to waste magic reviving you." She glanced at Paladin, who gave a curt nod and drew the short sword at his hip, the polished blade shining in the midday sun. The demons roared, and Paladin and Nightmare stepped forward to meet them.

The scythe swung in a tight arc as the first of the demons lunged, its claws bouncing from a tiny shield Paladin had summoned. The blade of moonlight cut into the flesh, before Paladin bounded up onto the shaft of the weapon, darting down its length and leaving a gash in the creature's head. Nightmare pulled her weapon free, and Paladin flipped off of it, watching as the first demon collapsed onto the ground, green blood pouring from its wounds.

The second and third pressed the assault, only to run into the crackling shield of Paladin, who gave them a wave before lightning arced from the shimmering field to the demons, who shrieked in pain before they were neatly decapitated by Nightmare's scythe. The last demon, wielding an enormous battleaxe, grunted before charging. Paladin again darted forward, his relatively slow pace still faster than the encumbered demon, his blade snaking out to cut at its legs, smirking as it dropped to its knees, before Nightmare's blade came down in a neat and tidy arc, gently removing the beast's head from its shoulders.

The two demons who approached Rez only had time to blink in confusion as the sound wave approached, before screeching in pain as they were tossed backwards by the blast. They staggered to the feet, only to be set upon by a giant flaming werewolf, who tore into them with a slightly horrific vigor. Once the two had been suitably torn to shreds, Hound sighed and shurnk down to her normal form again.

The demon who had been smacked around by Very glared at the pair, before staggering towards Blue, three of its four limbs shattered beyond repair. It snarled, and lunged weakly forwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:21 am

Blue’s superior senses heard the shuffling behind them from the creature. As he turned to look he wished he had not. It was very similar to how he would look before the end of the day if everypony kept being so needlessly cruel to him. With only one good limb left, it made sense to make that the target. The Chosen One began to shave the end of the branch, quickly flinging the splinters at the creature to keep it coming. Once he had the branch sharpened to a point, he waited he a good moment, holding the stick high over the creature until an angle exposed itself on the limb. “Mrgrgr…” Blue ended up growling at little, almost venting his anger on the creature as he forced the sharpened point into the creature and through into the dirt, hammering it down like a commoner may have a tent peg. The stallion would never own up to the fact there was some enjoyment from it.

“That should hold it until we are far enough away. Now, come along Miss Moon. My eyes are in front, please focus on the sides. “I do not wish to fight any more than I have to, and if we do I don't wish it to be an ambush.” Blue would look expectantly at the mare, wanting her to get into file so they could get moving back to the group. He did understand why it might be hard to focus with The Chosen One in front, but that couldn't be helped. A noble had to take charge of the situation as they were far better equipped for such things. He didn't let any earlier nastiness get to him with how he stood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:45 pm

With the threat... 'elegantly' dealt with as Rez would put it should any bother to ask him, the white pony reached over with one hoof and picked back up the dry erase board. He immediately erased the parts that were messed up from dropping it and then proceeded to finish the message he'd started when the demon's had first appeared.

When he finished it, the board was levitated in front of Hound again, blatantly displaying, Ah, but I can get you a set of headphones like mine that can be set to let in only so much sound. As he waited for Hound to read the message and reply, Rez slid the headphones back up over his ears. He also moved to fall back into step with the rest of the group, following a bit behind Nightmare and Paladin, though his eyes lingered all over the place, dancing about above the bandanna that still covered the bottom of his face, and somehow had managed to remain in place even when Hound had been trying to test the limits of his malleability. The sound zone once more went up as well, and this time Rez was paying a bit more attention to it, ready to report any and all hostile like noises that might pop up for yards around the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Oathbound had kept on the defensive throughout the fight, shielding himself and his allies with axes that circled around them, striking down and parrying any demons that came in range.

However, when the last demon was left alive, he frowned. Blue doesn't want an ambush to happen, yet he leaves a foe alive? It makes no sense, especially given how the demon was not even remotely secured on the ground. Only the sharpened stick kept it on the ground and who knew if it was strong enough to raise itself off the ground by simply pushing itself upwards, ready to ambush Oath's group again at a later time?

An axe flew up and hovered above the demon's head before falling down like it had when Oath was testing Hound. He walked away as he heard the weapon hit the ground, his head downcast as he did. "I take no pride in killing, unlike you. That is why you're not in control. That is why you lose every time."
The stallion recieved a snort and a laugh in response.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Nox had been about to attack the creature a second time, but... Blue had... well, to put it bluntly, he'd kinda baffled her. He... stuck a stick into its limb. To keep it there until they were far enough away from it. That... wasn't going to solve anything in the long run. That thing was clearly hell-bent on destroying them with whatever power it could muster (which, thanks to Nox, was not a lot at all).

“That should hold it until we are far enough away. Now, come along Miss Moon. My eyes are in front, please focus on the sides. I do not wish to fight any more than I have to, and if we do I don't wish it to be an ambush.”

Nox opened her mouth to protest, to point out to Blue that he'd only delayed when he'd truly have to deal with the problem, to point out that he'd done a very poor job of delaying it (a stick was not going to hold that creature in place for long), to point out that he should not be in front as Nox had taken him up on his offer to essentially babysit him (whether or not this is what he meant, or remotely implied, didn't matter to her), when a blue axe construct (of the earth pony's) flew over to the two of them and came down on the creature's head.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:31 am

As Blue drove the stake into its limb, the demon let out an ear-piercing shriek, writhing in pain as the pair of ponies walked away. As the axe came down the shriek was cut of suddenly, and the forest was quiet. Nightmare surveyed the carnage for a moment before nodding. "Knight... it seems that you could have done a worse job in picking your companions. I take it you learnt my fighting style?"

Paladin nodded as the group started to move again. "Indeed I did. I thought that it would be prudent to learn how to fight with my leaders, both living, and not so much," he replied, wiping blood from a medical needle. With a nod, the tall mare continued on the path, the castle now in view of everyone.

Hound smirked and nodded to Rez, moving over to his side. "I mean... I suppose that could work. We'll see," she said, before looking up at the tower peaks with a curious expression.

---

As the group approached, two things would become immediately obvious. The first was that some sort of heat haze surrounded the building, preventing any form of travel via air. The second, and more confusing aspect of the castle was that it was no longer in ruin. Instead, it looked as though the entire thing had been rebuilt from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Glad he finally got a maybe, which to him was just a delayed yes, Rez continued happily walking along with Hound by his side. When the castle came into view however, Rez looked up at the restored architecture with a curious expression, shown by the obvious tilt of his head since too much of the rest of his features were covered to be seen. Out of sheer curiosity, the malleable pony reached and stretched out one hoof to pick up a nearby stick, and then hesitantly moved the thing into the range of this heat haze, just to see if it was some kind of barrier that'd incinerate them or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:30 pm

She wasn't calling anypony a whelp now, was she?! Nightmare wouldn’t be the first to underestimate him. She didn't have to apologize out loud directly to him and embarrass herself. He knew, and she was forgiven. Already wiser than Luna.  Blue would have argued, “what style? It must be pretty sloppy” , but he had no idea of the details of what transpired, but the pony responsible for pushing her back was certainly not the most adventurous. There was a group smaller than they were. If they could make their way through the forest then their group should have had a much easier time than they did.

Since one apology had be given, The Chosen One’s sense of fairness demanded one in return. Blue took a deep breath, speaking loudly. “Your majesty,” The Chosen One began, acknowledging her properly as an equal to Celestia took some work from him. “I have spoken with Miss Moon, and she has explained that I was overzealous in trying to draw reaction from you. It was my intent to cause anger, but on reflection I see that I have caused you pain. This, in turn, has hurt me also. For the health of the group, I will not take any more measures such as that one without explaining their merits before any action is taken. I could have made more of an apology, making it pretty like a flower or Miss Moon.” He moved closer to the center of the group. He was well aware that he should be closer to the mare at that point, but she’d hopefully back off a little when he was done. “But you would wisely call that an attempt to deceive you, I have seen enough evidence to understand that it was wrong.”

Magic was more interesting than architecture, so Blue was very quick to jump into his thoughts about the heat. “I’m familiar with this type of thing, at least somewhat similar. Some adaptation of an extreme riot containing method is how it strikes me.  From what I know it is an active measure rather than a passive one, so perhaps we can turn it off, it would make escape far easier. Dispersed over such a wide area it should not cause more than discomfort, but I would recommendwe all avoid any extraordinary actions, such as flight or magic until we are clear of it. Unless you like the feeling of incandescent light bulbs pressed against you. Perhaps a wind could disperse it further?” He made sure to stress the times where he was recommending or suggesting a course of action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:41 am

“I have spoken with Miss Moon, and she has explained that I was overzealous in trying to draw reaction from you."

Nox was snapped out of her thoughts with this. She looked curiously at Blue. Pyra focused on the castle and surrounding environment.

"It was my intent to cause anger, but on reflection I see that I have caused you pain. This, in turn, has hurt me also."

Nox's bullshit detector went off.

"For the health of the group, I will not take any more measures such as that one without explaining their merits before any action is taken. I could have made more of an apology, making it pretty like a flower or Miss Moon.”

Nox arched an eyebrow. Was he attempting to flirt with her? "Explain to whom?" she asked him. "Do you plan to explain to the next pony how you're going to verbally provoke them into a rage? Either if you do or don't, I fail to see the benefit to it."

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Oath was at the point where he decided to ignore Blue's antics. He had already done the worst he could do and had brought Nightmare Moon back, even if the Mare in the Moon was no longer an enemy.

The real issue at the moment was the heat field surrounding the mysteriously restored castle.
Oathbound walked a few steps forward tentatively but he retracted his steps as he felt his amulet heating up. Looking down at it, he saw that it was glowing of it's own accord.
"So the Princess must be inside... This amulet was enchanted by her and reacts to her magic. Whatever's going on, she's doing something and it's heating up my amulet." He then gathered his magical power and the sapphire in the middle glowed before Oath could feel his neck growing colder by the second. "This ought to help. I'd rather not take it off." He thought to himself as he took a few steps forward once again, finding the heat to be more bearable now. There was one problem though; the spell only affected his amulet. Every other part apart from his neck was going to be taking the full brunt of the heat. If it was as he thought it would be, the inside would have him unable to exert his full earth pony strength. He still stood there though, waiting for instructions from the alicorn who was the obvious leader of the group.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:08 am

The branch that Rez used to test the field didn't react, and as everyone was trying to work out how to get passed it, Paladin and Nightmate continued to chat quietly, walking straight through it without any negative effects.

As the pair continued on into the castle, Hound padded up to the barrier and smiled. "It's designed to stop flyers, not ponies walking to the castle," she explained, before dragging Rez through the wall of heat.

Once everyone had made it inside, Nightmare held up a hoof. "Blue was it? I think you seem to be under the impression that you were the one who drew me out. This is not the case. I am Luna's war-form, and I only appear in the current era when-" she paused, the temperature in the room rising rapidly.

Flames flickered around the corner, and Paladin dropped into a deep bow as a mare, almost too bright to look at, walked around the corner. She bore only a the vaguest resemblance to Celestia, as where the Solar Diarch's face had been gentle, hers was sharp, angled, and bore a cruelty that Celestia had never had. Her mane and tail were literal blue-white fire, though it cooled slightly as she approached and when she smiled, her teeth were sharpened to points. "When I first appear."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:24 am

"My words and your change did coincide in a way that made that a strong possibility. I knew all along the princess held a stronger side to her." Blue nodded eagerly when Nightmare mentioned his name. It felt good. Talking to Luna without the poison in her voice. He wasn't apologising for her sake anyway. It was more to spare him from the consequence of what he said. Swiftly putting things behind so they could move on. He never actually said that he was sorry, just he felt a little bad about it.

As the heat began to rise, Blue refused to sweat. To do so would be so common, as with allowing anything unintended to happen with one's body, like being dragged, strangled and kicked just for speaking some truth...

“Your highness. You had a number of ponies very worried.” The Chosen one also bowed before Celestia with much more grace compared to Paladin throwing himself at the floor in devotion, Blue did the minimum appropriate for a princess.  He was much fonder of her. He could have been making any number of political moves back in Canterlot at that moment, but he was here. Not like anypony could truly and fully appreciate how magnanimous he was.    

“We were naturally all assured of your ability to contain the situation until you received sufficient aid to deliver the final push. There is a limit to what can be done alone, even for those chosen for great things.” He chose to finally address the elephant occupying the room, the form Celestia inhabited. She appeared to be different, but if he could get Luna to work with him at least somewhat respectfully then he held no fear for her sister. Not like it was possible to fear Celestia. Being near her was the height of safety. Blue possessed a great deal of skill at talking, as he already demonstrated multiple times. This time, he hoped that if he kept talking it might calm the concerns of other ponies. “You appear rather different. Have you had your coat properly groomed for the summer since we last met?” This was a joke meant to draw attention to her changes without directly asking like some dumbstruck idiot. “Have lost some weight?” This comment also could have been a disrespectful joke on how different she appeared to defuse things, but he kept talking and transformed it into a more serious inquiry.  “You must hunger, yes? We can fetch food, and you can tell us of that which you are besieging. Is that agreeable, princess?”

Last edited by Chowatron on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Rez obviously said nothing but seemed to move about like he was grinning and chuckling as Hound drug him through the wall of heat. Old paranoid habits are hard to break, he quickly wrote out on a board and showed Hound before the solar diarch stepped out before them. When she did, Rez quickly wiped the board clear but he hesitated on writing anything else as he studied Celestia's new appearance and listened to the Blue say his bits. While Blue seemed ready to jump to the princess's side even as changed as it was, but Rez was still hesitant and he maintained his stance where Hound had last drug him too. He eyed the new Celestia warily as she stood before him, but still didn't write anything upon his dry erase boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Oathbound froze on the spot as he saw the face of the Solar Diarch - or, rather, her entirety - approaching. She was everything Oathbound had remembered her to not be. Her mane, once ethereal and lustrous, had turned to flames. Her face, once calming and motherly, had turned to that of a cruel mistress.
Despite the heat, Oath felt goosebumps on his coat. This was not the Celestia he knew.
"Ah, seems like your precious and pure princess has a darker side to her after all. Now THIS is interesting." Oathbreaker spoke out in Oath's mind. For once, he was too stunned to respond, instead bowing reluctantly.
"Why...? Why would you do this!?" He asked. Celestia - no, whoever this mare was, has gone down a dark path. One he has walked and one he would not wish upon anypony. Especially the one he once called friend. Back when he still served as Captain of the Canterlot Guard.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Nox had been watching Nightmare and Paladin to see what they'd do about the barrier: apparently they'd just walk through it. Oh. she thought, walking through the barrier as well.

Nox growled at Blue's words, and his increasingly-apparent loyalty to the Mare in the Moon. She mentally did a run-over of her supplies in her Bag to see exactly what she could restrain Blue with: turned out she could restrain him with a lot... and she was probably becoming a hoarder, if she wasn't one already.

And then the other Princess appeared: flaming, fanged, and with an expression that was enough to send chills through Nox, despite the desert heat that radiated off of her.

Great, thought Nox. So now both Princesses were evil-

No. she reminded herself. Nightmare Moon is not evil anymore... Nox shivered as she even thought her full name. She is... well, I don't know exactly what she is, but- oh Celestia, that idiot is talking again. It was painfully obvious that Blue was trying to sweet talk the corrupted- nope, the war-formed Celestia. However, as Celestia was… not herself, Nox hoped Blue was in for a chewing-out.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    

Back to top Go down

Quaking in their boots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next