A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Quaking in their boots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:07 am

Luna had shaken Nox. Shaken her so badly that she hardly noticed the group's actions anymore, except where they looked and their expressions whenever they happened to even glance at her. She thought her disguise was good! Good enough to fool the commonpony and most of her enemies. Then again, Princess Luna was far from a commonpony, so perhaps she'd underestimated her ability to identify another alicorn. However, that didn't lessen her concern about the rest of the group: Paladin, as Luna had said, was perceptive enough to know about her true race... likely. Luna had said "likely". Not "surely", but "likely". But how likely was "likely"? And Paladin had brought this group of ponies together because of their competence (with the exception of Blue, as he'd said, whose apparent purpose was to be a meatshield should they need one), and Blue had already proven to be wiser than Nox had expected (though not that much wiser; just enough common sense to not fall victim to Darwin's laws), so what did that make the rest of the group? Would they find out? When would they find out? What would she do? What would they think? Would it be a repeat of Hollow Shades, that vampire family, the Light mages, that village between the twin diamond peaks in the Frozen North, or, or, or-

She'd reached the edge of the Everfree. She blinked. After waiting, and finally starting the trek into the Everfree, Nox's head cleared and her senses and alertness heightened. She didn't like this forest: it didn't listen to ponykind. It did whatever it wanted. It was unpredictable and filled to the brim with dangerous beasts. Every little sound, every subtle movement hidden in the shadows could've been any number of things (though if it was any creature, odds are it was a Timberwolf), whereas in other forests... it was... most often the other beasts hiding from her.

Nox's eyes landed on the back of Luna's head. She decided something: if she knew what she was, then she should know too who she was.

She sped up a bit, trying to appear casual, and when she reached Luna she whispered very quietly to her, "My real name is Nox. I thought you should know that.

"Also, why were you trying to hide your face back in that town?" She'd asked this a little louder than her previous statement. She'd asked not as much out of genuine curiosity, though that was part of it, as she'd prefer the group to think that was the only reason she'd gone up to Luna.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:28 am

Paladin screwed the lid back onto the flask as he hurried into the forest, glancing at the map that floated alongside him. "Of course Pariah wouldn't bother to mention it..." he mumbled, glancing at a patch marked with an X. "He would just avoid the thing entirely." Shaking his head, he continued to close on the group from behind.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Luna nodded at the question of the stars, and smiled sadly. "I'm afraid we must... painful memories will have to be revisited soon I'm afraid," she said, giving them a gentle hug.

Luna watched Hound bounce through the undergrowth, before looking at Nox with a raised an eyebrow. "I see. Well, good to know what you are actually called Nox," she said, before sighing and flipping back her hood to reveal her youthful face. "This body, this disguise was simply to get me through Canterlot. I needed to hide myself though as there are some who have seem my appearance from my youth, as I was in this form when I was saved. Thus, I had to ensure I was not seen. I am, after all, supposed to be moping in my room or some such. Not hunting down my sister."

Luna stretched out a little as they walked, her body rippling before her mature form was leading the group, ethereal mane drifting in an invisible wind. "Ah... I forgot how much better this body is, she said, rolling her shoulders.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The trek through the forest was stopped as Paladin galloped around the corner, before skidding to a halt, panting hard as he staggered over to them. "Ah, I caught you before... Ah, fuck."

Luna raised an eyebrow as he stumbled to a halt, before blinking in surprise. "Why are all of you getting... taller?" she asked, cocking her head in confusion. For those who would turn to her, would see her now up to her chest in quicksand that was working to suck her beneath the ground, as was anyone who was within roughly a foot and a half. If they tried to teleport out, or fly out, they would find their efforts thwarted.

Paladin groaned and rubbed his forehead, before looking around as growls filled the air. He moved over to the sinking Princess, staying out of the quicksand, as roughly half a dozen timberwolves emerged from the undergrowth.

Before the closest one had a chance to leap at the group, its throat was enveloped by fiery fangs, Hound in her wolf form looking at those who were not stuck, as if asking them what they were waiting forward them to attack, giggling as the wolf in her teeth burst into flames.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:11 am

Blue was still sulking to the side of the group, not being able to get over Oath’s actions against the The Chosen One. He did still keep his ears on the move. Miss Moon had started her sentence with also...Blue as part of his craft, needed to have an eye and ear for speech. He didn't know her well enough to tell if it was just idiosyncratic or not. He wasn't really able to guess what the two would have to talk about. Luna said something that pleased Blue greatly. Luna should have been in her room and let the grown ups that were qualified find her sister.

Blue was only moderately concerned about the situation with the sand. Sinking sand was enough of a trope that the chosen one had invested some time into learning just a little about it. A few puppies were also nothing too scary to a competent and confident pony. This was a nuisance at the level of thought he operated, he just lacked some of the means. Unless...maybe. What if’s bounced around in his mind before he smiled at a solution which he intended to implement as fast as he could. Since he was pent up from earlier, being fully ready to charge and then being stopped by Paladin, the spell he was going to make use of then would be put to use now. “Luna, Miss Moon, you are meant to swim and not sink,” Blue declared, confident he could solve this problem on his own, perhaps making some progress to the other. He only really ended up with a temporary solution that bought time through purposeful struggle until proper efforts could be made. “I trust with how active you keep yourself you know how to float, your highness.” The first step to letting them free themselves would be to increase the buoyancy. Blue’s horn lit up as he prepared to do some magical. He inched himself forwards slightly and lowered his head before firing a juvenile water gun spell amped beyond the limits of a simple squirt to a stream, more like a cannon, blasting water at the sand, but hopefully to princess too. The sand could not properly support weight anymore anyway, so waterlogging it further wouldn't have much consequence. He would need to reach less area if the trapped ponies tried to float as though they were on water. He was pouring his efforts into what could have been a bottomless pool, and although chosen he was far from an inexhaustible, indefatigable hero. That would come in time though. “I want you to gently move to the edge, slowly. If you get stuck try to move your limbs in a small circular motion. Don't feel the need to pull yourself out, we can help once it is safe!” He was a little condescending but sounded like he knew what he was doing...Not too different from how he normally sounded really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:13 am

"...fine." Nox whispered to Luna, just at the end of a conversation. Almost unconsciously she started stepping higher and with more effort as the group moved into a rougher spot of terrain. Were they moving into Froggy Bottom Bog? Weren't they supposed to be going to the castle ruins? "I don't agree with your decisions, but-" she stopped suddenly as Paladin arrived in a panic. She raised her eyebrow at him, then she noticed that not only was everything apparently growing taller, but her legs, starting from the hooves and quickly moving up, were now wet, compressed, and immobile. She looked down. Quicksand. Her heart jumped.

"Oh, no." Nox muttered at the same time Luna asked why everyone was getting taller. She immediately tried to levitate herself out of the quicksand, but to no avail. "Buck..." She then tried to teleport out. Her horn lit up, then let of a bright spark and fizzled. "Buck!"

Nox groaned. She’d have to do this the hard way. She started following the steps before Blue even started, having dealt with quicksand on more than one occasion. She looked over to Princess Luna, who, as she had assumed, also knew what to do and was taking the necessary steps.

When the Timberwolves showed up, Nox ordered Pyra to attack them. Except she’d lit herself aflame and was already attacking them before the third word had left Nox’s mouth. [Sorry I didn’t do too well on this part; my brain’s just not up for it]

She had to admit that Blue, as he rather redundantly instructed the Princess and herself, kept impressing her with his competence, though that was only because she had low expectations of him to begin with.

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:05 am

Oath walked along with the others, thinking that he should perhaps apologize to Blue for his childish behaviour. Even if the stallion was an insufferable, delusional example of the worst the nobility could offer besides Prince Blueblood (He even briefly wondered if the two were related, although he found it unlikely), it was still disrespectful of him to do what he had done.

Just as he was about to turn his head towards the group he noticed something. Movement in the thicket. Rustling of leaves and snapping of twigs.
Timberwolves.
He tried to warn the others but the words died in his throat as he saw the princess stuck in quicksand!
"Princess Luna!" He saw the others in there too but his former guard training kicked in immediately and the urge to help the Lunar Diarch overrid his desire to aid everypony at the same time. As much as he wanted to, he didn't have the strength for such a feat.
Oath summoned two axes that he sent below Luna's chest in the sand, the unbladed sides quickly taking position behind her forelegs and in front of her hindlegs. He then began the massive exertion that was lifting the alicorn from the sand. If this didn't help her get out of the quicksand, then at least it would slow down the sinking process. The lifting weapons were also position in a way that they didn't hinder the Princess' own movement.

As this was happening the pony who summoned these weapons did not stand idle. Taking a position near Blue, he would use his earth pony strength to keep any timberwolves at bay if they tried to halt the noble's efforts. For all his annoying behaviour, the stallion certainly knew how to handle quicksand.
Oath only hoped that the quicksand was not bottomless.

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:41 am

With three, possibly four, ponies all rushing to Luna and whoever else got stuck's aid, Rez instead turned about and looked towards the wolves that were suddenly surrounding them all. "Well, so much for my early detection," Rez thought to himself as his eyes, not horn, began to glow. He then looked towards the closest of the timberwolves to the group helping with quicksand, raised one hoof up, and pulled off his headphones. In the next second a powerful ball of highly amplified sound was condensed and launched at the timberwolf, shredding anything in it's path to the target. Despite the rather devastating and destructive levels of sound in and immediately around the sphere, to those outside of it heard only it's pass through the underbrush. A couple more of these orbs would be launched at future timberwolves who tried to get close to those in and around the quicksand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:53 pm

The three ponies turn to their mistress, then turn up the the wolves. Radiant seems to glow softly, as ice spikes shoot up around the border of the sand facing the timberwolves initial attack direction. Astra Stella activate their telekinesis, and begin to gently tug Luna to shore. They would do the same for Nox next, if she had not already freed herself.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:49 pm

The deadpan that the Lunar Goddess gave Blue as he instructed her on how to exit the quicksand was strong enough that the stream of water that was spraying onto her and onto the sand split down the middle, all the way to the tip of his horn. "Thank you for your... concern Blue, but I know how to get out of the quicksand," she said, before continuing on her slow path towards the edge.

Paladin nodded his thanks to Astra, Stella and Oath as their combined efforts started to pull Luna out, physically pulling her the last few inches and making sure she was all right before repeating the process with Nox. With both Alicorns clear of the sand, he watched as the timberwolves quietly continued to approach the group, before raising an eyebrow and chuckling as Hound bounded between their disorganised ranks, her flaming fangs tearing indiscriminately into the creatures around her, smiling as Pyra burnt them above. She darted above and around Rez orbs as they shredded the remaining beasts, leaving only a few to be impaled on the ice spikes that Radiant had summoned.

Paladin chuckled as one snuck passed the attacks, only to be quickly destroyed by Oath. "Well... I suppose we should keep moving," he said, before his horn began to glow, and a wide, shimmering bridge formed over the quicksand. Drying herself off, Luna abandoned her regalia, teleporting it away with a note. Paladin watched her and chuckled. "Oh, I bet Gem is gonna love cleaning that," he said, before gesturing for her to cross.

Once the last pony had crossed, Paladin sighed and started to cross himself, a deep growl echoing from behind him. The damaged pieces of dead timberwolf formed together, the enormous beast leaping for him... only to slam into a crackling blue shield. Paladin ddin't even look as he crossed his bridge, lightning arcing from the gigantic shield ball he had created to contain the beast, eyes ahead as the huge timberwolf was fried to a crisp. "Shall we continue on?" he asked as he walked to the head of the group, pulling out the map again and wincing as lightning arced to his head, before leading the group deeper into the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:31 pm

With everything more or less taken care of here, Rez slipped his headphones back up and over his ears before pulling out a little device and pressing a few buttons on it until the sounds got just a little louder. Then he gave one cursory glance back towards the reforming wolf, only to let the hoof that'd been reaching for his headphones to fall back to the ground when it became surrounded by a crackling blue shield. Rez shrugged as it was handled and then continued following along, crossing over the bridge and then occasionally glancing about the different members of this little group as he walked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Blue was a little disappointed by the lack of impact he had on the situation, but was completely unable to feel bad about it, because he was perfectly right about the course of action that the trapped ponies should take. “It doesn't look like you needed my help after all princess. I do apologise for not knowing what you are capable of, but I so rarely see you do much of anything. It is as if you avoid me,” Blue felt that aggravating the princess wax tiring work, but it was meaningful none the less. He pretended his feelings were hurt. “So, what did you think? It's nice when we're able to work together, isn't it?” he asked to everyone. He was glad to be surrounded by competent ponies for his safety. He crossed Paladin’s bridge with a confident spring in his step, showing his trust in the stallion by not giving even the second thought about how it could backfire. None at all.

True to the form he had been taking before, he hid behind Paladin as they walked. A pony who he knew was noble enough to protect the noble. “Do you intend to give your entire life to princess Celestia?” There were better places for the conversation, but watching Paladin’s handling of the situation gave Blue’s most active mind ideas. “It would be sad to see one so young and talented without any ambition. I know you will not consider work for anypony else, but the charming stallion that is my good friend is not what I wish to inquire about. I want to learn about your skills. Is there anything you could teach me that would insure us in the case of an unfortunate event I would never allow to happen?” He honestly intended to get all of the easy information he could out of the group except for the princess who held no love for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:38 am

Oathbound's hooves felt a bit of a kick as his hind legs shattered the wolf's ribcage, resulting in the thing exploding. One of the reasons why he didn't like facing these things in close combat - twigs could pierce your skin and could divert your attention at the worst possible moment. Making a quick look-over, he was satisfied that he managed to come unscathed from that. His axes had disappeared as soon as Princess Luna was able to move on her own once again.

Once the group was moving again he saw the small crackles on Paladin's forehead and his brow furrowed before his amulet began to glow once again. "I can handle the shield, you just focus on the map for now." He said before making his own shield, encompassing the shield Paladin had created. However, this one was different for it didn't cause lightning to arc out. Not only that, it cut off any oxygen coming in from outside. The giant timberwolf would not accidentally cause a forest fire.
He also took a look at Blue. For all his bragging and megalomania, the noble had tried to help, even if it was not as effective as one would come to assume. "I'm still not sure if this Canterlotian Trixie is trustworthy... But he did try." With that thought out of the way, he decided to get this over with, since he was going to apologize anyway.
"Blue. Thank you for your help back there. And I must also apologize for earlier." He said. He was certain Blue Sensation was going to let that little gesture of good will go to his head and mistake Oath's intentions for acknowledging his being "the chosen one". That was not gonna change, he still thought Blue was way in over his head with such claims.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:29 am

Nox just rolled her eyes at Blue, but otherwise ignored him as she crossed the bridge. "What is your regalia made of?" she asked Luna after a minute, partially out of curiosity and partially out of desire to talk to her. She was uncomfortably unsure of what Luna thought of her, and she didn't want her mind to keep telling her that she didn't trust her or like her when she had no evidence to contradict these suspicions to support these ideas.

"Is it colored black, or is it a naturally black material? I hope it's not obsidian, that's very fragile." Nox muttered that last part, though it was not inaudible, because she feared offending the Princess if her regalia was made of obsidian.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:12 am

Once Paladin was across the bridge, he cut it and the shield off, letting the ash that had been timberwolves crumble to the ground. He glanced at Oath and shook his head, adjusting the map slightly as he led them down the left path. "Thank you for the offer, but we all have our own burdens to bear. Mine is my own, and I can handle it," he smiled, though it quickly faded as he looked at Blue with a look that was a mixture of annoyance and pity. "Yes Blue, I do intend to give my entire life to the cause of protecting Celestia. I know that nobles do not possess a sense of empathy, so that may be a little hard for you to understand. As for teaching you anything, you lack any form of selflessness, so I'm afraid you could never use my shields."

Luna glanced at Hound, who had returned to her course of bounding through the underbrush, before looking at Nox with a curious turn of her head. "It is a unique material my sister and I discovered inside a falling star many, many years ago. It is coloured black, as my sisters is coloured gold. Fear not, it is not so fragile that it will break." She smiled and sighed as she watched the white stallion in front of her glance at his map as he led them, before taking a deep breath.

Paladin continued to lead the small group onwards, before pausing as he stared a large wall of stone that rose up high into the air, cocking his head and consulting the map again. "Uhhh... This isn't meant to be here..." he tapped the rock and blinked. "There should be a path here that leads to the castle of the two sisters..." The guard tapped it again, before his eyes widened as spikes erupted from the wall, slamming into his hastily crafted shield.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:55 am

Rez had been almost enjoying this little stroll through the woods, especially what with catching the fleeting glimpses of Hound bounding about the vegetation. That combined with the headphones might have been why he'd about walked right into the stone wall, and the spikes sticking shooting out of it. Luckily, Rez was what he was, and that was rather malleable, so when the spike shot out into his face, it more just kind of pushed it inward. Creating an almost cartoonish like appearance of Rez's face pushed inward to ridiculous proportions and to where the spike could be visibly distorting the back of his head without piercing it.

Without moving, Rez's bag glowed briefly as the dry erase board was levitated out and wrote on by the following marker. Oh, I've been pretty close to impaled here, but nopony panic, I'm fine Then Rez took a few steps backwards, removing his face from the errant spike and continuing to step backwards until he was out of it and any additional spike's range. Once he cleaned off the board, he then wrote, So was this very rude wall always here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Blue was pleased that Oath had come to see his mistake, and he certainly hadn’t expected an apology. “Thank you, but aside from our mutual mistake, I still know very little about you, and rather random sorts. You used to be some kind of guard, and now you are a father, and yet I don’t even know your name. I am strong it is strong sounding and full of loyalty.” The stallion didn’t really hide all the ill experiences he had with guard types in his voice, they were an interesting group of ponies that he knew but couldn’t understand.

Blue resented Paladin’s claim, and had no problem rejecting it in a volume of words at a high volume of sound.  “With great grooming comes great responsibility. Am I not here? Neither Celestia nor Luna would have wished me to come. Yet, I, in my thoughtfulness have come with you! Selflessness is but one of the noble traits that runs in my good house... And it is without doubt what has brought us all together now! Why would anypony wish to see another come to harm when they could have prevented it? You speak so sour of me, but I’m really not cruel.” He could have gone on rather easily, but problems arose, and he was forced to leap back, though Paladin took all of the danger and pushed it back as he had predicted.

“It pokes back…” Blue stated. “Miss Moon, that is a very durable firebird that you own, are you close enough to form some understanding? Can you have it - her? -  look to see if it is possible to circumnavigate this wall? There’s no point of making this a grander task than needed. A light walk is better than breaking it down. And we can avoid triggering some kind of arcane alarm from the ones who erected this wall.” Paladin could have gotten lost and off-track, but map reading was a very solider-y thing to do, as was route planning. He found it hard to believe it was a fault on that stallion’s part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:24 am

While he was rather disappointed that Paladin would not let him share his burden, Oathbound understood. There was a type of pride that a guard like him took in his work. He wasn't going to deny that from one whom he could have served alongside with should his past have turned out differently.
Walking next to Paladin like he did when the stallion was handling the map, Oath stopped behind the stallion when he began to investigate the wall that was now blocking their path. It was rather peculiar, given how Oath had been in the forest before and this wall had not been here.
He was also about to pull Paladin away from the wall when the shield had been erected and promptly stopped the spikes.
Upon seeing that the danger had passed for the moment - for the entire group - Oath told everyone to step back before he summoned an axe and raised it above the wall before slamming it downwards, shearing the spikes on the path of the axe from the wall, leaving little stumps that were slightly warm to the touch from the energy being spent to crack the stone. He then repeated this move several times, shearing more and more spikes from the wall until it was clean from any protrusions that might do harm.

He then looked to Blue and then New Moon, agreeing with the noble's plan. But if there was none, he had one trick up his sleeve.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:04 am

Hound stared at Rez, and his apparent malleability, studying his face for a moment with a mixture of morbid curiosity and confusion. "How are you...?" she mumbled, pushing his face to see if it would depress like the spike had made it. "And no, this wall should not be here..." she murmured, still testing the limits of his head.

Paladin was not overly concerned with Rez, given that he seemed unperturbed by having his head impaled on the spikes, instead watching the phoenix fly over the wall unopposed, and Oath slice the spikes off of the wall. For Pyra, it would become instantly clear that there was no easy way into the area, nor anyway at all, the wall extending far into the distance, encircling the castle of teh two sisters entirely, the castle itself covered by something akin to a heat haze.

Paladin had no time to respond to Blue's antics, as Oath's attempt to remove the threat had made the wall angrier, spikes erupting from the surface faster and harder, Paladin grunting as his shield blocked each one, time and time again. He blinked in surprise as a small hole opened in the wall, a grey wolf watching him for a moment before growling and trotting back, the hole closing behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:48 am

Rez was sure to back up, keeping well enough away from the wall that it's sudden increase in aggression wouldn't bother him anymore. THEN, he let himself be subject to Hound's curious pokes and prods. For the first couple, his face held it's form and offered the same resistance that one would expect from a normal pony, but by the third inspecting prod, Rez let that specific spot go more or less like putty, allowing Hound's paw/hoof to sink in as far as she dared to push. There would seem to be no limit to the distance that his face could stretch. While she did this, he was writing on a board that was held up in a few minutes by his magic, it reading Having fun?.

Then he levitated out a second dry-erase board, and started scribbling out on that before turning it about so the others could see. So is the goal to break through, or find a weak point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:13 am

Blue gave a slight sigh at the impending possibility of effort that was slowly approaching. He had a plan to pass that effort onto a different pony though. “It is a shame really,” Blue lamented loudly. He looked at the wall before lowering his head in mock despair. He then turned so his back was facing the wall, wanting to see the reaction, and be able to save himself from it. “Foiled so early. Even though Celestia was wholly incompetent and deserving of removal - not a true loss at all - now we are only left with her even more powerless sister to fail to watch over us.” Blue then glared more intently at Luna. “One would think, after all the times she has helped you there may have been a chance for you to return that, but you're too pathetic to be able to help. You are even more useless than she is! Why did you bother to come along? You are nothing but a burden, and I now understand that your disguise in the town was trying to shield us from the embarrassment of associating with you! Before we waste the value of our lives protecting the worthless, perhaps we should enlist the help of a princess that can do something unique?” The stallion shook his head disapprovingly at the princess. “I would have preferred Nightmare Moon as a companion over this pansy princess! Why do we even need a moon? We still can't see a night! It's about as useless as the pony barely fit to be able to move it. It's a dim reflection of a weak sun! Ponies retreat to their homes out of shame for their princess that makes the night.” Blue spoke his words angrily, hoping sounding more like a growl to cut deeper so they wouldn’t be ignored. He was already trying to predict her possible reactions to be ready for them. Hopefully she'd understand once she calmed down he was only motivating her to strike at the wall behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Nox was frozen in an expression of shock and horror, watching Rez’s head contort in impossible ways. What is he?! she wondered. Only the shattering of the stone spikes from the wall snapped her out of it (not that much else was going on, but just that she was completely oblivious to Blue at the moment), and the sudden regrowth of said spikes made her lurch back, her wings attempting to flare out for a third time.

Pyra returned and landed in front of Nox, and began dragging her talon through the dirt. In just a few seconds there was a crude drawing of the castle ruins sitting in an oval, covered in squiggly lines. Nox missed the wolf.

“Okay, so… there’s no walking around this thing.” Nox summarized. “And… uh…” She didn’t know what to make of the squiggles.

“It is a shame, really.”

Oh merciful Celestia, he’s talking again. Nox slowly looked up, not even wanting to look at the pony. But when he started on his tangent, Nox felt a roaring flame of anger spring to life inside her… and just as quickly extinguish, leaving smouldering cinders of indignation and disbelief. Does that stallion believe he’s subtle?! Oh, no matter. Whatever his words, I cannot let him speak any more, lest he remind Luna of genuinely held notions shared between the nobility of Canterlot.

Nox charged her horn for a short moment, then blasted at the wall with a beam twice the size of Blue’s head, the beam itself mere inches to Blue’s left. The blast lasted just over two seconds, then Nox stopped.

“If you wanted your Princess to blast the wall," she said to Blue. "you could’ve merely asked instead of hurling foolish and painfully obviously-provocative insults at Her.” Her voice carried a false sweetness that said ‘You are a thoughtless, self-righteous fool, and I would take great pleasure in showing you your place in this group'.

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Oathbound jumped back a bit as he saw the spikes reappear, as if they were angry. So this wasn't some simple inanimate wall. It had an intelligence about it.
No matter. Princess Celestia was somewhere on the other side of the wall and he was going to get through the wall, even if it tried to stop him.
"Stand back, Paladin." He commanded as he held a hoof to his side. He waited for the stallion to do as he ordered before he called his weapons back.
They hovered by his side as he took a deep breath and then let it out slowly. His attention was completely on the wall and he had shut out everything else.
Then he walked towards the wall until his face was less than an inch away from the spikes. He rose on his hindlegs and his amulet glowed it's light-blue magical color as his weapons rose above his head. The more astute members of the group, including Princess Luna, would see his legs be slightly tinted blue. Then he brought them back down, his forehooves stomping the ground and - incredibly to those who had no idea of what an Earth Pony's strength being multiplied by magic can be capable of - causing a small earthquake to resonate throughout the area within a half-a-mile radius. At the same time, his weapons descended, cutting in a cross-pattern. But as they crossed paths, a light appeared, along with the sounds of an explosion.

With any hope, his slightly modified Aegisbreak Technique would make a hole in the wall they could pass through. The earthquake should have loosened the stone enough and if it possessed any regeneration capabilities, it would most likely try to fill any holes that might have happened underground. That oughta slow it's healing process enough for Oath and the group to pass through.

Last edited by Brother Roga on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Hound studied him as she pulled and played his face, nodding at his written question. "Indeed... how does your face... not break?" She asked, still tugging and twisting the malleable flesh with a mixture of curiosity and excitement in her expression.

As the werewolf played with his face, Paladin coughed and nodded at his question, apparently unphased by the stallion's unique facial structure. "Indeed," he started, raising an eyebrow as Blue opened his mouth. "It would be best if we were able t-" he froze, jaw dropping in shock as he turned to look at Blue, backpedalling furiously as he dragged Nox and Oath out of the way, hound doing the same with Rez.

In the history of ponykind, there had been a great number of mistakes made by all manner of creatures. Amongst those mistakes, there were three that stood out as the worst, most horrible, gut wrenching mistakes to have ever been made. However, even the greatest of these three, charging Tirek at his full power as a powerless unicorn armed with a spork, did not come close to the monumental error in judgement that Blue had made.

The poor, misguided stallion had roughly three milliseconds to reflect on the mistake he had made before a pair of dark blue hooves, which grew darker rapidly, propelled him through the eight metre thick stone with such ease that the entire section of wall around him exploded into dust. The Queen of Darkness strode through the rubble in all her terrible beauty, before she picked up the somehow barely hurt stallion by the throat, her telekentic grip squeezing tightly as her snake-like pupils looked into his eyes. "Were my sister missing, I would enjoy torturing you whelp. The moon guides the tides, and it provides a reminder to all the big, bad monsters that would eat you alive without a second thought that somepony is watching the shadows," she whispered, before dropping him to the ground and moving passed him.

Paladin stared at the destroyed wall, then to the mare who could only be Nightmare Moon, before shaking his head and walking to her side, following her without a word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Rez continued to let Hound manipulate his face as he wrote out a new message reading, It's a long story, and I don't have a big enough board for it all. Now while he might not have been a werewolf himself, Resonance was a sound mage, and so he very clearly heard every single word of what Blue said, and so he didn't resist at all when Hound pulled him to the side and out of the way. In fact Rez did his own part to shield them by raising a hoof towards the brewing storm of fury that was currently their only princess. The end of this outstretched hoof then did something that also defied normal pony anatomy, as the end of it and just the end of it began to spread outward in all directions like a slowly forming wall. The parts of his hoof before this slowly stretching out sheet of Rez however was still perfectly normal, or well looking normal at least.

A couple seconds after the explosion of Blue being forced through the wall, Rez pulled the hastily erected self shield back, leaving no trace of any difference in his hoof or the surrounding area. Basically thanks to an accident, I'm really stretchy and malleable, Rez's most recently scribbled on board read. As if to demonstrate and using the same hoof that had just made a wall, Rez changed the end of it to resemble a cloven hoof, then a dragon claw, then a tree branch, finally a face that was more akin to a sock puppet, especially when it's mouth opened. It might be a bit to get used to, but... Rez held off for a second as he suddenly ducked under Hound to place her on his back before propelling his body upwards, stretching his legs out to the point where his and her bodies was a couple stories up in the air. Two steps later and Rez lowered them both back down right behind Paladin so they were caught back up. It does come in handy

As he resumed walking with the group though, Rez rather discretely and with absolutely no noise, showed Hound another board asking, Should we be concerned about that? With his magic at work, Hound would be able to reply as loudly as she wanted, but only Rez would hear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm

A… apparently Luna hadn’t heard Nox. She’d… resorted to… more… more physical means of retaliation. Nox stood there, frozen, staring at a now darker and taller and more violent alicorn Princess in clear fear and shock. She didn’t know what to do now.

For most of her life Nox had been very afraid of Nightmare Moon. As a filly, she’d feared Nightmare would gobble her up in her sleep like a Timberwolf. When Nox was a little older, she feared Nightmare Moon might partially escape her prison so she could tear her wings off out of spite (though this idea was not her own). And still for most of her life she believed that if she stood in the moonlight, the Mare in the Moon might see her. And now, with the Mare in the Moon standing right in front of her, she didn’t know what to think.

"L... L-Luna…?"

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Once again Miss Moon reminded him of a school teacher with that tone of their voice. She wouldn't have listened to any polite request,that was Luna's greatest flaw! If she listened to him, nothing would ever go wrong, but since that was not the case. It was not a mistake on Blue’s part it was a sacrifice for Equestria.The only wrong on his was part that he may have enjoyed himself too much, and been too zealous. There was also another problem - just a miscalculation - in that he was only ready to receive an attack from the front and not be pushed back through thick wall. As he flew through he didn’t dare to close his eyes for fear of missing the chance to save himself.

Blue felt uncomfortable, but hardly threatened by the princess’ new eyes glaring into him as she spoke about vague and undefined monsters. To an outside observer that was an ordinary non-chosen pony, it might look as though ‘Nightmare Moon’ held all of the power in the situation, but The Chosen One was perfectly capable of reserving things  For him to act in such a situation would be completely unexpected from a weak noble who had never shown any signs of being able to fight. He would be the one who laughed in the end however, there would be no other pony that had would have the right…

Blue landed on all four legs, catching his breath slowly instead of in gasps as he tried to open up his throat again. He was still quick to do this, pride being as strong as it was. The uniformed had to know he was not doing nothing out of powerlessness! Everypony needed to know why he was being merciful and not retaliating with force! Violence was only ever a response of the irrational, a tool of those unable to fight back through discourse. "Your offense lacks even the slightest semblance of skill,” Blue called after the moody princess. “How can even expect me to fight against you?" He shook his head. "Perhaps I got a little carried away…” The stallion did admit, showing some signs of humility. “It's hard when you're so much better than everybody else." He shook his head as he felt the damage to his pride already repairing. He stayed at the back as he recovered his witts again, watching Luna and the guard go. If there were one pony he thought he might have been able to trust, it was that guard, but Paladin was a complete traitor and did nothing to help. He hoped that Enki would summon a tsunami and wash him away. He was hurt in a way that the weaker version of Luna might get, that was enough a thought to let him push past it.

“Her highness,” Blue said to Miss Moon in order to get her to recover. “Is no longer Luna. And for that I am thankful~” He was clearly glad at that part of the outcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    

Back to top Go down

Quaking in their boots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next