A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Quaking in their boots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue May 17, 2016 1:59 am

Artemia blinked and stared at the trussed up stallion again, before looking at Pyra with a slowly rising eyebrow. And yet he is still around? she asked incredulously, before shaking her head quietly. She sighed and looked around, before groaning as the earth began to rumble. Excuse me a moment, she said, before moving to the centre of the room and closing her eyes. The room began to glow a gentle green, as did her horn, as light began to flow outwards.

The rumbling continued for a few seconds before it faded away, and Artemia gave a quiet sigh. Another one... they are slowly becoming more frequent.

"She says they are slowly getting more frequent," Hound barked out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 pm

I just hope he's valuable cannon fodder like Paladin apparently thought he would be. Pyra commented.

"Then we should get a move-on." Nox responded. "We've had enough setbacks and delays already, and we need to find out what's causing this before it becomes too great for us to handle."

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu May 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Oathbound steadied himself as the earthquake rumbled, until he saw Artemia start channeling her magic into her horn, which somehow seemed to stop the earthquake.
"How did you do that?" He asked her, before motioning towards Hound to ask that of her in his stead.
"If she can suppress the effects of the earthquake, it's possible she could locate the source. Earthquakes are seismic waves, so if she can use her magic to detect them and halt them, it's possible she could help us find out where they're coming from." He said to the others. The idea seemed good in his mind, and with the combined powers of 3 alicorns, it should prove more than sufficient to locate the source if they worked quickly.

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri May 20, 2016 12:49 am

Unlike the others, Rez's steadying still more or less left him basically quivering with the whole no rigid skeleton bit. Even when it ended he was still left shaking a little bit, but that stopped fairly soon after the ground stopped. Past that though, Rez wasn't really sure what to do or what they were all supposed to be doing. As far as his memory went, their main job was to find the missing princess and they'd managed to do that. He wasn't really opposed to continuing with the job of finding and potentially stopping what was causing the earthquakes, but even then he still had no initial ideas as towards how to accomplish that. So when Oath's suggestion came up, all Rez did was nod and start shifting his curious gaze between the various alicorns, princess or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:23 am

Oath wants to know how you stopped the earthquakes. Hound asked, looking at Artemia expectantly.

Artemia blinked, before smiling and nodding I suppose it would be easier to show you and explain at the same time, she said, before closing her eyes. Her horn lit up again, and the stone between their hooves began to shift and rearrange themselves till the stone created pictures of each member in an almost perfect likeness. The earth is mine to control...though events like that, and the earthquakes that affect the forest take out more of my energy than I would like.

Hound relayed the messages between the group and Artemia whilst Celestia moved over to her sister. "Thank you for coming to find me Luna, and you Paladin... It was a little unnecessary, but I understand the sentiment." She looked at Oath and nodded. "A decent plan... But the question does remain of whom our foe is..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:44 am

With nothing better to do for the moment, Rez shifted all his attention to the little earthen duplicate of himself. Curious about the limits of this thing, Rez began stretching his form into various different shapes and sizes to see if the duplicate would change with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:38 am

Oath nodded at Celestia's statement. "I believe it's best to focus on what we can do right now. Speculation will get us nowhere." He said.
"And I know for a fact you can't be responsible." He thought, speaking through his mind to Oathbreaker.
"Hah! Only earthquakes? You'd be an idiot to think I'd use such an indirect method. Better to be close to see the lights of their-" He cut off his mental conversation, knowing what the ebony unicorn would say. He's heard it a thousand times. None know him better than he does.
After all, he and Oathbreaker are the same. His amulet glowed a bit as he took deep breaths to calm himself. Even being in contact with that unicorn taxed his mood. His rage was infectious, to put it mildly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:27 pm

"Can we get a move-on?" Nox asked. "All this dawdling about is making me uneasy."

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:40 pm

The mosaic replicas were static it seemed, with Rez's attempts to get it to copy his shifts not changing the mosaic itself. Artemia watched with a curious look on her face, before shaking her head and sighing. I may be able to track them... but I will need absolute silence. So, if you could all be quiet for a moment. she said, before closing her eyes.

The ground rumbled, the walls of the castle shaking before light began to stream from the cracks. The mosaics faded away, before a huge, and extremely accurate map of Equestria replaced them, light streaming now from what could only be the Everfree forest. We are here Artemia said, before a trail etched it's way through Ponyville, before heading south. The source of these quakes is somewhere far south... beyond that, I cannot say for certain

Hound again relayed the messages and Pariah nodded, hefting the probably still unconscious Blue onto his back and grunting. "Well then. I guess we have a target... somewhat anyway."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:49 am

"A fair distance away from us, yet able to affect us so profoundly..." Oath said grimly. It almost made him shudder to think what could do this. It's like something out of a Daring Do book.
"What could possibly cause such devastation? The land itself is being torn asunder."
He shook his head a bit.
"We have no time to lose. We need to move now if we're going to stop this madness. Princesses, would it be possible for you to teleport us even some distance closer? With your powers combined, such a feat should be simple and not that taxing, should we find trouble and need your magical might." He suggested, looking at Luna and Celestia. At first he suggested having Hound ask Artemia for help also, but she had done more than enough to help already.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:53 am

Rez's entire form drooped some when the mosaics failed to copy his movements, but still watched curiously as they dissipated and the map reformed. As the others tried to figure out the next step, Rez resigned to pull back up his headphones. He always found himself thinking better while listening to music and so Rez cranked up the volume for the moment. With head bobbing slightly to the steady beats, Rez tried to think of both the cause and a potential solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Nox was getting more and more restless by the minute. Nopony was going anywhere and nopony had any idea where to go! Except _south._ Egh, even with that minimal information Nox would be moving, after all problems were usually pretty evident the bigger they were and the closer she got to them.

Well, didn't hurt that she had her gem-

Nox's eyes widened. "Wait a minute!" she exclaimed. She pulled out her bag from her cloak and summoned a bright blue gem that was bigger than her eye. "I have a Gem Map! Er... this thing, I enchanted it with an image of the map of Equestria, and with a spell that marks the locations of major threats! If the cause of these earthquakes is close enough to the surface I can probably find out where it is!"

She put the gem up to her eye, hoping to see a small red dot blinking somewhere in southern Equestria. If it went beyond Equestria's borders the red dot would simply blink at the edge of the "map". It didn't matter how big this was, the dot's size would stay the same.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 am

Pariah chuckled at Oath's question, closing one of his books before glancing at the strange gem. "I have a few ideas of what it could be... and all of them are quite terrible," he said as he slid a book into his bag. "See anything?" He asked quietly.

Nox would be greeted by the sight of a single beeping dot to the far south, beyond the border. Suddenly, a second dot would appear to the north, then a third to the west and a fourth to the east. The number of dots continued to increase, again and again till the entire map was a glowing orb. Then, just as quickly as the dots had appeared, they vanished.

Celestia and Luna nodded quietly. "I believe a teleport would not be beyond our abilities, but I would like to know what our friend with the map has seen," Celestia said before glancing at Hound, who bounded over to Rez and snuggled up happily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Nox's ears wilted. "Uhhh..." She pulled the gem away from her eye, looking at it apprehensively. "I'm... I'm not sure what I just saw.

"Everything went red."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    

Back to top Go down

Quaking in their boots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6