A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Quaking in their boots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 am

Ignoring Blue in his entirity, Celestia turned her attention to Oath as the entire room they were standing in simply... changed. One moment they were in entrance hall, the next the throne room. There was no flash of teleportation, and Celestia sighed. "What do you mean Oath? Are you referring to my war form? Because that is all this," she gestured to herself. "Is. As for you, Blue," she said, finally turning her attention to the stallion. "Your parley attempts at flattery will get you nowhere. I am in neither the mood, nor do I have the time for you to attempt your pathetic little coups. So please, just keep your mouth shut."

Paladin studied the room, wandering off to explore as Luna trotted over to his sister and started to whisper to her. Hound nodded, before barking and bounding over to Celestia, licking her eagerly and grinning as she was petted behind the ears.

"So, you are the group that Paladin gathered... would you do me the honor of introducing yourselves, so that we may get acquinted, and then deal with the issue at hoof." she said, lowering the room temperature several degrees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:03 am

Nox's mouth twitched, but she managed not to grin from ear to ear as Celestia verbally slapped Blue just like she'd anticipated. She'd been mildly surprised when the room suddenly changed, but she thought it was merely an illusion. However, her stomach almost dropped when she saw Nightmare- er, Luna- er... ugh- Nightmare walk over to... War Celestia, and whisper something to her. Nox was almost certain she was telling her about... about... herself...

Nox waited for the others to introduce themselves, wondering to herself whether she should tell Celestia her real name or her false name. It'd be very rude and disrespectful to lie to Princess Celestia, and right now Nox didn't think she wanted to be so disrespectful to either Princess as to lie to their faces. Especially lying to Princess Celestia right in front of her own sister, who knew the truth.

She was caught off-guard when it was time to introduce herself. "Uh- I-I'm No- er, N-New- er- No-New-Ner- uh- uhh..." Nox let out a nervous, high-pitched chuckle, her ears flat against her skull and sweat pouring down her temples. "And this is Pyra." she said quickly, turning so Celestia could clearly see the phoenix on her back.

For an alicorn of darkness, I am terrible at lying. she thought.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:27 am

Rez barely batted an eye at the sudden change in scenery, or perhaps he was rather surprised, frankly it was rather hard to tell what he'd been feeling with all the facial covering he sported. When Celestia asked for an introduction, one could see the slight smirk even through the coverings. Stepping forward, Rez pulled the headphones off his ears while levitating the music playing device up and scrolling through the options until he found the one he wanted. A sudden boom of sound erupted out from the headphones, specifically lessened considerably on Hounds ears as per perks of being a sound mage. "And now put your hooves together for your night's best entertainment, Canterlot's newest rising star, and the loudest mute DJ you're ever going to meet, Rez-O-nance!" the magically amplified recording blasted out into the old castle. Accompanying the announcement was some heavy background beats and a chorus of applause. When it finished, Rez slipped the headphones back onto his ears as if nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:27 am

Blue was going to stand his ground against the princess. His voice between a sob and his usual arrogance. “Your majesty, please do not under estimates my desire to see ones of status treated properly. I have spoken not one word of treason.That you would sneer in the face of genuine concern is most hurtful. Situations like this one show how much we need you, and necessity is far above the pettiness of politics.” She should have been grateful she was in a position where she could treat him in such an ill-mannered way without consequence as the result of trying to embody the virtues she was meant to hold dear.

Blue flopped his ears closed and frowned as loud...noise filled the room to introduce their party loving friend. That would be an annoying track to have play randomly during regular listening. Whoever made it was a now a personal enemy of his at least until his ears recovered or were subjected to it once more.  

“Miss New Moon,” The Chosen One said, seeing as she had made a mess of her introduction. The heat in the room was fading, but she sweated nervously. He addressed Celestia on her behalf. “Your appearance has likely come at the cost of her tongue. She has turned somewhat shy now for an inexplicable reason, but she can be quite fierce. Her pet is also most intelligent, and has also been of use.” That he lacked such a pet of his own was really a crime, but that was for another day.

Blue could have barked harsh enough to make Hound blush when the princess declared after her little conclusion the plan of events. Celestia had just said exactly what Blue said right after ignoring him! That was the issue he had with Luna. The lazy princess let him do all the mental work, but granted him none of the credit. They were both similar and right, yet somehow he was a fool. It was so constant a push of his honour that he wanted to dethrone them, but he chose to resign instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:54 pm

"What?"
"WHAT!?"
Both Oaths had the same question in their minds as the information about Celestia's war form came to light. Unlike Oathbound, however, Oathbreaker went on a mindless screaming spree as he saw his plans for extracting the power of the princesses dark powers be brought to a screeching halt. Oath was quick to silence his other half as his heart rejoiced at the fact that Celestia was not infact corrupted by the same thing that brought about the birth of Nightmare Moon.
However, it did mean one thing. One that Oathbound did not like admitting but would do so even if he didn't. "Well... this makes my earlier reaction rather awkward in retrospect... Apologies, my lady." Oath said as he bowed deeply. He looked at the others as he did. "In case it wasn't clear to some of us, I am Oathbound, former captain of the Canterlot Guard and former personal bodyguard of Princess Celestia. I believe my successor in that position was Captain Shining Armor, before his marriage to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza." Oath said as he rose up. He was certain that Celestia would clear up any errors in his re-introduction.
"However, we still have to find whatever is causing these earthquakes. Princess, do you have any information about the cause?" Oath asked, focusing once again on the task at hoof.

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:35 am

"A pheonix? Ah, she is quite beautiful Miss... New Moon," she said with a smile, the fangs fading for a moment, the genuine happiness shining through before she coughed and sighed. "There is no need to be nervous, as though I appear quite threatening, I am the same me beneath the surface," she explained, trying to comfort the mare.

She didn't flinch as Rez introduced himself, petting Hound calmingly as he unleashed the blast of sound, though Hound herself didn't react as the soound waves had been mitigated for her by Rez. Celestia raised an eyebrow, and glanced at Luna, who shrugged. "So, you are a sound mage. How curious."

Turning to Oath, she smiled again, though her fangs did not retreat this time. "It is understandable Oath. You never had the... privelage of seeing this form before, so that you would think I am what my sister was all those years ago is, as I said, understandable. Unfortunately, I know little of the earthquakes, and what precious few sources I have left tell me nothing. Fortunately, we have someone who knows a great deal more than I... I think."

There was the sound of extremely slow, measured hoofbeats, and a tall alicorn emerged from one of the side rooms, her green mane long enough to reach the floor as she trotted in. She glanced around the room, a necklace hanging from her neck, and she sighed. Glancing at Celestia, she rolled her eyes, and then looked at Pyra, who unlike everyone else in the room, would be able to understand what she said next. Hello little one. I don't suppose you could tell me why my domain is under assault? Or who any of these ponies are? I rebuilt the castle, as that is what the golden one wants, I think, but beyond that, I have no idea why the are here. To everyone else, it would sound like very little at all.

Celestia glanced at her and sighed. "She does not speak any form of equestrian I have heard... I believe she may in fact speak purely animalistic languages."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:59 am

Pyra made a grateful sound at Celestia's compliment, and... smiled, as much as a phoenix could. Nox smiled too, comforted by Celestia's words, and soon enough her ears stopped ringing from Rez's introduction.

Nox wondered what her war form looked like. Probably as dark as she could possibly be, lots of wispy, smokey shadow, more frightening than Nightmare Moon...

Nox was snapped out of her pondering by the new arrival, and once she saw her, her jaw dropped. Who- where- how- who?! Who was she?! How old was she?! Where was she from?!

Pyra squawked as the new mystery alicorn spoke in phoenix tongue. You can speak my language! was in that squawk.

Ah, sorry. You asked me something. The ponies are here to find the source of the earthquakes. The grey earth pony is Oathbound. The mouthless sound mage is named Rez. The werepony is named Hound, and she is a friend, rest assured. Paladin is the unicorn with the damaged horn. The one with the flames for mane and tail is Celestia. Princess Celestia. The dark one whose mane and tail seem to be made of swirling night sky is Princess Luna. The blue one is named Blue... something. He's an idiot and a danger to the group.

Pyra looked at each pony as she introduced them to the mysterious alicorn. Finally, glancing at Nox, Pyra said, And this is my Chosen Sister, Nox. She... is special, but ponies fear her when they know why. But she is not to be feared; she is a very dependable pony.

What is your name? I did not know that the Everfree Forest had its own alicorn.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Rez looked thoughtful for a moment to the new alicorn that introduced, but then a bit of elation filled his eyes and his little telekinesis once more pulled the dry erase board and marker from his pack. He scribbled a few quick words on it and then spun the thing around for all to see. She might not be able to speak our words, but maybe she can read and write them. I also might be able to work up a crude translation with some magic, but it'd take some time, it said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Celestia didn't know? Blue wished he would have brought a camera with him if he knew there was a chance to capture such a moment. Fate, however, did offer him one way to remember the moment. “Hello miss, I am Blue Sensation. The Chosen One will help expel any danger from your home.” His bow polite, but he did not treat her like royalty, only with respect. Alicorns were much like The Chosen One, destined for greatness and holding a great sense of duty. He spoke to her as he would any other he wanted to make an impression on. She was uneducated, not stupid, so he did not wish to condescend her. She must have been like a child in some ways, cut from contact with the world, yet also so in touch with it in a way, unlike others. His thoughts were full of romance, but he was not in love. He just wanted to capture the ideas that came to him. The feral one saving the day, showing everypony who is truly civilized. An excellent narrative, which always appealed to The Chosen One. There’d be a time when he would prove many ponies wrong too…

“I will withhold my pragmatic solutions to the language barrier,” Blue stated. He was being such a good boy, even if it was a pain to restrain himself. “It would make nopony happier.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:53 am

Oathbound sighed as Celestia's mannerisms remained the same he had always known them to be, the appearance of the Solar Diarch not changing them in any way, shape or form. A sigh of relief held in a breath he didn't know he had been holding.
"Privilege. A rather poor choice of words." He then saw the new alicorn appear and scanned the mare with no knowledge of the Equestrian language.
Her matted brown coat and matted green mane were clear indicators that whoever she was, she didn't take care to maintain her appearance like some ponies Oath knew. The necklace was an oddity to him at first, but it was something he would have to consider later.

All in all, she looked like any normal pony could, except for the fact that she was an alicorn.
The alicorn of what? That remained to be seen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:51 am

I can. I speak all animal languages, less whatever it is that these other ponies do. Ah, so the white one is called Celestia... it is good to be able to put a name to a face. I gathered that the blue one was irritating. He is rather loud... I believe he is trying to address me, the foolish child. The green alicorn smiled, her golden eyes sparkling as she examined the strange ponies in the throne room. Your Chosen Sister is like I, and the Celestia and Luna, is she not? My name is Artemia, and though I call it my domain, the Everfree and I are... allies, more than anything.

Celestia watched as Artemia and Pyra conversed, before glancing at Blue. "Blue, I was also unsure of how much of a terrible listener you were, but given that I just explained that she cannot understand her... You are wasting your time." She nodded at Rez, but sighed. "Unfortunately, I have already tried vocal and text methods to communicate with her. If you still wish to try, be my guest."

"Perhaps it was," Luna said, addressing Roga as she approached the pair of thrones that sat at the far end of the room. "But my sister does mean privilege. Not many ponies see us like this... Privileges are not always positive," she murmured as she examined her throne. "How in Equestria did this come to be?"

Pariah returned from his adventure, a dozen books orbiting his head like a swarm of bees as he studied them quietly. Looking up from them, he blinked and stared at the alicorn, before rolling his eyes and returning to his books. "It never rains, eh, Cell?" He asked, smirking as she rolled her eyes and snorted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Rez nodded to Celestia's blessings on his attempt and immediately wandered over to the new alicorn and Pyra. As he walked, his magic pulled out his big board and a couple extra markers. One marker floated over to where Pyra could grasp it in a talon while Rez scribbled something on his smaller board. Alright Pyra, we're going to establish a basic dictionary and try to teach it to this new pony. Basically, I'll write down a word, you explain the translation of that word to the alicorn, and then we have her practice writing it. We do this for enough words and hopefully she'll have a basic form of communication, it said when he turned it around for the phoenix to read. When the phoenix finished reading it, Rez would wipe the board clean and begin the work of getting a translation established for the alicorn to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:10 pm

It was almost like Celestia had it out for Blue, but such things were unbecoming of her, and she would never reach his mastery of insults. “Even the savage, from forth the loftiest fashion of his sleep,  guesses at heaven. She holds thoughts and feelings as well as anypony. To be kind and polite is never a waste of time.” Blue was trying very hard to be patient with the princess. It's like he wasn't talking to a born royal. “Showing a new friend a warm welcome is surely something you approve of?” He didn't need a princess’ approval, but her attention. “Why, princess, - and I'm sure you do mind me asking - did you not try to create a form of bridging language? A lingua franca would be limited, but possibly helpful. Has the stress of the situation overcome your knowledge of handling a first contact? Edict 3WD-40 on the administration of foreign affairs, when modified by the addendum clause 12Bb, explains the proper governmental response perfectly. I'm always available for legal reminders, should I be needed.” He frowned at the princess, looking like he was concerned about her for letting something slip.

He turned his head to look at Celestia’s puppy. As long as there was the mute between the two of them, he felt safer. “Miss, is it possible that you know anything about more natural tongues? I would hate for you to think me a racist, but I ask for the good of the group you understand.” He wanted to bound to the head of the room and take a seat, Luna’s of course. The facts were, however, that The Chosen One was needed to overcome a very simple problem that could happen any day on the frontier. The noble had heard many stories of misunderstandings leading to are problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Nox wasn't surprised at all that Blue apparently hadn't bothered to listen to Celestia when she said that the alicorn couldn't speak Equestrian. She chose to not waste her breath here and instead let Blue waste his. Inevitably he would, the arrogant fool loved to hear himself talk.

Of course he's trying to address you; he wants to flatter you. The more alicorn Princesses he can get on the good side of, the more second-hoof power he has.

Pyra jolted slightly in worry for Nox, but she wasn't very surprised since apparently Luna instantly knew that Nox was an alicorn. But then she... smiled. As much as a phoenix could, anyway. Yes, she is like Celestia and Luna and yourself. She is the alicorn of darkness. That is why ponies fear her: they believe dark and evil to be one in the same.

That sounds doable. Pyra told Nox after reading the board. She didn't take the marker, though. Also, her name is Artemia, she is allied with the Everfree. She knows you're an alicorn.

"Of course she does." Nox sighed and hung her head slightly. Was it really that obvious? She'd have to ask Luna how to hide such obvious magical signatures. Then she addressed the group. "Well, thanks to Pyra, we now have a name for the alicorn: Artemia. Blue, as Celestia told you not a minute ago, she can't speak Equestrian, although Rez has a plan that may remedy that." Okay, so she did waste breath on him again. She couldn't help it: it was oddly satisfying to point out to him when he was being an idiot.

Aaaaaaand then he continued talking. "Blue... a warm smile would do better to communicate friendly nature than a completely foreign tongue. In fact, it might seem offensive and arrogant to continue talking in your own tongue to her as if you're waiting for her to start speaking properly." Nox's tone had turned a bit snappy in the end. She briefly wondered why Celestia hadn't worked out a form of communication, but then remembered that Equestria was kind of in danger right now so there probably wouldn't have been much opportunity.

Nox didn't know if Hound was indeed multilingual, and she'd known werewolves that could actually speak to canines, including Timberwolves, so she said nothing and waited for Hound to speak for herself.

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:56 pm

"Blue, the princess already made clear that our newcomer here cannot speak Equestrian. Your purpose was clear to those who could understand our language, but she doesn't. Your message was as clear as a bathroom mirror after a hot shower."
Oath then turned to Nox.
"And as much as your idea makes sense, Equestria is in peril at the moment. Smiles are hard to come by in times like these. I'm certain that one of the Elements of Harmony would disagree with that, but they aren't here right now. We'll make do."
He also flicked his ears when he heard New Moon acknowledge something, but he decided to ignore it. They have more important things at hoof than a conversation between Pyra and New Moon. However, the phoenix could prove useful here.
"Rez, I don't think we have enough time for that. As much as I think a proper form of communication could help, it would take far too much time while the earthquakes would get stronger. For now, we should just ask if Artemia knows anything about these earthquakes. Time is of the essence."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:01 am

Pyra twittered to Nox, who then looked at Oath. "She says Artemia doesn't know what's causing the earthquakes, and was hoping we knew."

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:15 am

"Blue. I must say, you are excessively thick, aren't you?" Paladin asked as he continued to study some of the books. "Tell you what, how about you try to create a language with a pony who does not speak a single word of any language known to sentient creatures, and see how well you do? Although given how the only thing that comes out of your mouth is stupid, perhaps you don't actually even know Equestrian. From what I can tell, you string words that you think sound intelligent together, without actually understanding a single thing that comes out of that vapid brain of yours." He sighed and rubbed his temple. "Edict 3WD-40 only applies when one is dealing with a creature that is capable of speaking a vocal language. Miss Artemia here does not seem to be able to do so, so the strategy and such laid out there are rendered moot."

Hound blinked and nodded, her body rippling until the massive werewolf was sitting patiently whilst Celestia continued to pet her. Can you understand me? she asked, producing a series of barks and growls.

I can... She nodded, returning her attention to the phoenix. Pyra, what did you mean flatter me...? I cannot say that I have ever heard such a word before, Artemia cocked her head, and looked at the blue stallion before shaking her head. And I am no princess. I am ruler of this forest, in a way, but I am not royalty. Are you certain he is right in the head?

Hound barked happily and wagged her tail, nodding at Oath and Blue. "She can understand when I'm like this," she said in a rather mutilated attempt of Equestrian.

Celestia sighed at Nox's proclamation. "That is unfortunate... I was hoping she, of all ponies, could assist with whatever is causing these quakes. At this rate Equestria will be brought to its knees before we even know what is attacking us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:24 pm

“Now, Paladin. I do not think our friend would appreciate such a negative tone.” Blue took one such tone as he addressed Paladin. “You may as well quit before you end up tripping over yourself. You do not get to make comments about intelligence.  Every one of us has come up with our own way of circumnavigating the problem. I would put it down to great minds thinking alike, but we have all come with a solution. Just be a good guard and offer the illusion of safety “ The boy needed to stay near his princess and be quiet. If he was lucky he might end up being pet the same way as her puppy. He could have him crying under his little shields begging him to stop if he wanted to. They were meant to be together on the same side, however, they didn't need to talk for such a thing to be realised. Thinking about the response made him feel pushed too far to ignore, especially when the rest of the criticisms amounted. He clenched his eyes shut for a moment before deciding to relieve himself of his feelings.

“Miss Moon,” He gave a short and friendly laugh with a sweet smile as he prepared to let it all out. “You have been a purely contrarian nuisance that has offered little help for all of your criticism. I am the one being described as unable to comprehend situations, yet you were the one that did not realise the group beneath you had softened and the you were falling through. Normally one stumbles in, but your incompetence clearly prevented you from noticing.” Any bond they had built from their time in the forest was gone. He tried being nice but it simply did not seem to work at pleasing her  

Oath was an interesting one, his stomped to signal his feelings for that stallion. “You have been a source of internal conflict within the group far more than I. You seem to fail to grasp the severity of the situation. It’s immoral that you are so content with your retirement which you have done nothing to earn.” He wasn't done with Oath yet. He'd attacked Hound on their first meeting and surprised him for no purpose, but he wanted to make it a little more personal. “Perhaps it would be best you go home before your back begins to cause you issues?”

The Chosen One didn't look forward to addressing Celestia as much as he thought he might. “You, princess, are nothing like the stories I used to hear, or the princess I thought I would grow up to aid. Do you think your father would be pleased see his sweet daughter driven to this which you are now? All power but with no guidance. You have lost your path even without turning to any evil. You are enamoured with one traitor and the sister of another. This is another in a string of incidents where you recklessly play with a domain that is not yours to give up.” He let his feelings out about Celestia with harsh frustration but also a pain. Pain at being lied to, and how the trusted princess was really a joke, with the constant ravaging of Equestria as the punchline.

Almost done, He turned to the mute pony he had never properly addressed, mostly from being too busy fending off attacks from all sides. “And you…!” He glared at Rez. He seemed like he was going to attack him with how long he paused for. He came up with nothing objectionable about him. He had a poor taste in music? For all the experience some members of the group were meant to have, he seemed to be the most disciplined. Blue didn't finish. He just began to storm from the room, finished with the group. “I had strong hopes, but this group has devolved into a coalition ineffective against anything except itself. The princess is safe, and so I will be conducting my own investigation into the problems that is free of any pettiness.” Unlike a certain princess he had highlighted the flaws off earlier, he wasn't going to try and take over Equestria with his anger. He would save it and prove the noble path.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun May 01, 2016 2:30 am

We're certain that him being an utter moron is the best-case scenario. Pyra told Artemia. Nox smirked at this.

Nox glowered at Blue for a good long time. After quite a long minute, she breathed deeply and exhaled. The next words she spoke were in a low, matter-of-fact voice, and she dared not take her eyes off of Blue. "He's quite mad at the group and certain that he is what's best for Equestria. I expect that if our opposing forces- or any opposing forces -find him, he will turn traitor if he is found to be of any value to them. I suggest he is either killed, or bound, gagged, and brought with us so that he can be monitored... or used for Paladin's original intended purpose."

Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun May 01, 2016 9:29 am

Oath was flabbergasted by the sheer negativity of the words that Blue kept spewing out. Paladin was to offer what Blue called "an illusion of safety"? New Moon was being verbally bashed to the ground, along with any friendship that might have built up in the past.
Oath himself was being called old and a retiree who had no room to actually retire. That last part he could actually agree with, but it still didn't take away from the contemptful message that the stallion was conveying.

But the last straw came when Blue went to insult Princess Celestia, even going so far as to calling her completely incompetent at leading a nation, which she has done successfully for over a thousand years.
Oath's weapons sprang to life while the stallion was busy berating. Only once he was finished did Oath speak up.
"You will do no such thing, Blue Sensation." He said before bringing the axe down on the stallion's head, hitting it with the hilt. The stallion would be knocked out. "Just kill him and be done with it. You say you don't enjoy killing but you cannot say the same about this wretch. And you cannot lie to yourself about this."
"This 'wretch' will get what's coming to him in the Canterlot dungeons. And if you try to escape, I'll make sure you will join him. I bet you two would enjoy eachother's company, given how you two are so similar."
With his mental conversation over, Oath used his magic to hoist the unconcious stallion over his back and spoke. "I hope we all can agree that this was the best solution for the moment. He should remain unconcious for a few hours. Let's pray that it's long enough for us to deal with these earthquakes."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun May 01, 2016 10:04 am

Nox took out her Bag from her robe and rifled through its contents for a minute before pulling out a length of rope, an inhibitor ring, and a bridle; the bridle was pretty old: its metal was rusted and the cloth fraying, but it had a ball that would keep Blue from being able to speak. Nox had never learned exactly why a bridle would have a ball, but it turned out to be useful here so she wouldn't make that question a priority at that moment.

She levitated the rope, ring, and bridle over to Blue, who she took in her magic without asking, and in a swirling blur had tightly bound Blue from head to hoof in rope and placed the ring and bridle tightly onto his head, making sure the gag was secure. She returned Blue to Oath, and said, "There. Now he'll be easier to manage."

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Sun May 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Rez had still been preparing his little translation game when such an obvious alternative solution presented itself, that the pale white stallion quite literally slapped his forehead with a hoof. Then he slid the boards and markers back into his pack as more heated discussion erupted around him. The brandishing of weapons though drew his attention and the stallion instantly went into a battle mode of his own, sword and strange device drawn at the ready. Still it wasn't quite fast enough to stop Blue getting knocked out and then subsequently gagged and bound, acts that left a look of horror upon the DJ's face.

Some frantic scribbles later and Rez levitated around a board to Nox and Oath that blatantly read, You realize you've both just assaulted, and forcibly restrained a noble in front of the rulers of the diarchy? There was a bit of panic to the writing, but at the same time there was a certain curiosity to it as well. The stallion's eyes were on Celestia, Luna, and Paladin to see how they'd react to such a direct disregard for their own laws, more so than either Nox or Oath. He also kept an eye on Hound
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri May 06, 2016 10:55 am

The books Paladin was reading filed away, floating off to return to their shelves and he snorted, rolling his eyes and moving closer to Blue, a hoof rubbing his temple gently. "Blue, you are a failure, so please, do not think to lecture me on anything... but certainly, if you believe I only offer the illusion of protection, then I shall not give any such protection in the future. But, just so you are aware..." he smiled and glanced at Nightmare Moon. "More than one would be world dominator has found their attacks foiled by my shield. Just ask the mare over there... or Discord."

Celestia paused, and turned slowly towards Blue. "My father? My father? What would you even know of him? Your father was a great stallion Blue... you must be what was left over. I have always guided my ponies in the best path that I could. I did whatever I could to save them from a worse fate than you could possibly imagine. So please, continue to lecture me on how I have failed to protect my citizens."

Artemia and Hound watched the exchange, Artemia raising an eyebrow as the blue stallion was knocked out and tied up. Why... did they knock the blue one out? Did he say something stupid? she asked, cocking her head and looking between the those who could understand her with a curious expression.

Luna, who had been studying the throne looked up at the sound of a thunk, but quickly shrugged it off, whilst Celestia watched it and sighed. "He was barely a noble Rez. And he was planning who knows what by learning my sister's signature. This is a small mercy I will allow, lest he do something stupider and force me to actually have him arrested."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri May 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Well, he called Paladin incompetent and useless, my Sister incompetent, useless, and a nuisance, Oath he called old, useless, and lazy, told Celestia that her father would be disappointed to see what she's become and that she can't guide herself, let alone Equestria, and basically said he was going to do this on his own. Given his ego and insanity, he'd end up being the doom of Equestria, or the tool of the doom, rather. Really, it's in everyone's best interest if Blue is restrained like this for the reminder of the mission. Pyra told Artemia, looking so done with Blue's shit that even those completely unfamiliar with phoenix facial expressions and body language could see it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mad at how Blue's just treated everyone, especially my Sister. Especially since he believes he has any room to talk about everything he's just criticized everypony in the room for! Pyra shifted her wings angrily.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    Fri May 06, 2016 5:07 pm

With his answer acquired, Rez was just left with the decision of deciding what to do with the new information. For the moment, he would keep his own priorities in the special order he had them within his head. So he wiped his board clean, stood up while stowing them back in his packs, and wandered over to where he could sit close to Hound while awaiting their next course of action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quaking in their boots    

Back to top Go down

Quaking in their boots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next