A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Duty and Desire!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Nova shrugged. "Let's see. Started out as a lower enlisted in Canterlot." He starts. "Then for the next few years I worked on getting into the Lunar Special Forces. Once I got in, almost immediately went to war, where I got stabbed, cut and blown up. After that, I did some work for Princess Luna and got my promotion to Moonshadow." He says, looking at Midnight and trying to stretch out as much as he could in their pit. "And that's the abridged version."

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Midnight listened to Nova speak, although she was surprised he told her anything. He'd called her Rookie several times, but he was speaking to her as if they'd known eachother more than 24 hours. Leaving the mare confused at just what kind of person he was. But she'd learn, in time...hopefully.
"I-I see...." she said softly, leaving them once again in silence, before feeling him stretch out and, naturally, come into contact with her, leaving her enjoying the warmth, and blushing slightly. She couldn't help it. He was a Moonshadow, right here, touching her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Nova sniffs and keeps a lookout through the thin windows in their shelter. "Why're you so timid?" He asks. "Didn't they instill any kind of self confidence in you? You don't need to let my rank intimidate you." He states. "We're on the same side after all. And I guess we're partners now. I-- Hold it..." He shushes and looks out the window. At the same time, an insectoid hissing is heard. A lone changeling skulks about like a predator and Nova pulls his knife.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Midnight had to resist the urge to glare at him. Timid..Ok, true she hadn't been acting herself, but he was a Moonshadow! Sure, he said not to let his rank intimidate her, and it didn't scare her, she just really really wanted to make a good impression on him! But she couldn't deny a shiver streamed over here hearing the hissing, and spotted Nova pull out his knife. Midnight quickly grabbed her own, one for each hand, breathing slowly and calmly. She glanced at him and nodded, they would take it...she was sure she could take it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Nova glanced at Midnight, then back at the changeling, climbing stealthily out of their hiding spot. He motioned for Midnight to follow as he stepped lightly under the thick overgrowth. He didn't want to seem like a jerk, but he still needed to know something. He needed to know if she was a killer. He didn't want to have to babysit some top of her class, boardroom showoff. He approached the changeling and tucked his knife away, starting to reach out with his hands... Then all at once he grabbed the changeling by the chitin, pulling it down and locking it in a choke hold, thrashing and hissing.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Midnight followed Nova silently, watching him put the knife away, leaving her slightly confused. Didn't they need to kill it?! She watched as he grabbed the Changeling, locking it so it couldn't run. Midnight had a flurry of questions in her mind of WHY?! But she had to trust him... She had to finish it. She took a step forwards, before tightening the grip on her daggers, and forcefully ramming them straight into and throught its chest, straight to where she assumed the Changeling heart was. Her face was an unreadable mask, as she withdrew her blades, curiousty if her stab her done the job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 pm

The changeling shrieked when it was stabbed, weakly trying to fight back before slowly falling limp. Nova dropped the body and smirked at Midnight, satisfied with the answer he got. "Good job." He says, starting to burry the body under thick leaves and bushes. "Back to shelter." He says, jogging back over to their pit and slouching back in his spot.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Midnight smiles at the praise from Nova, nodding her head as she watched him hide the body. She looked around, but it seemed like the Changeling was alone. Satified, she followed Nova back back to the pit, slipping in next to him.
"A-a lone scout..." she mutters quietly. It didn't make sense to her. Why go alone? It's risky, pairs of 2 or more were safer and just as subtle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:54 pm

"Yeah, they usually travel in swarms, but every so often you'll get a lone scout by himself." He says, adjusting himself for the last time and looking out the small window. The rest of their boring wait would pass uneventfully and once the sun was set and there was almost no light, they headed back to base to report their small encounter and eat a late dinner.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:58 pm

It didn't make sense to the Thestral, not in a bit. But she had most the day to ponder it. But as the day grew longer without action, Midnight became more and more restless. She couldn't help it, she wanted to do something! On the way back, it would have been clear she was trying to just burn off her energy. Taking more steps then needed, flapping her wings, wriggling her fingers and fidgeting. She knew it looked back, but she found it impossible to stop herself.

Finally getting back to the base, she followed Nova. After all, he knew where to go next, plus, even though he had said they could skip the food line, she didn't want to do it alone. Stab and murder a Changeling, not that bad. Being watched by who knows many allies skipping line, plucked more nerves than she'd be proud to admit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:28 pm

The 'report' went more along the lines of "Hey, we killed a changeling, bye." Than an actual report. The meal went about the same way, though there weren't many people in line at this late hour. Nova even half-jokingly bragged to a sergeant about Midnight being a "Cold-blooded killer." And then, they went to their separate rooms and went to sleep.

Two months later.

Nova and Midnight are walking back from their scouting mission. They went out further than before and were ambushed by changelings, barely making it out with their lives. Nova had a bad bite on his shoulder that was bleeding and needed attention. They were let in by the guard and immediately Nova headed for the medical ward.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Midnight couldn't believe they had made it out there alive. Honestly, they shouldn't have. She looked guiltily as Nova, his bad injury she suspected was because he had taken a blow meant for her. She wasn't sure, her back was turned when it had happened, but she felt like even now, after two months and how much better they'd gotten along with eachother, he was still babying her.

She did her best to carry him to the medical bay, snarling at anyone who got in her path. Over the past 2 months, she'd heard rumours about herself from other guards, rumours she was certain Nova had started, or at least told others, about some things she'd done in the field. Cold-Blooded Killer was the most popular, and from what she knew, the one that had been around the longest.

"C-come on Nova...nearly there..." she panted out, fighting half a dozen stiches as well as her own injuries, while small, had built up to cause her agony during their return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Nova groaned and walked into the medical ward, doctors springing into action and getting to work on the two of them. After a few hours of care, and several stitches and bandages they were sitting in a room, left to each other and their thoughts. Nova looks up from where he sits to Midnight, taking in a breath. "How you holding up?"

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Midnight felt better, her stiches in her body were gone, but she still felt like she'd been run over by a construction site and left to rot. She was tired, but closing her eyes hurt for some reason. She perked up hearing Nova talk, for some reason, conversations with him made her happier, as a weak smile snuck onto her face "I'm..fine Nova...Just a little beat up. we pushed our luck today..." She looked at his shoulder "That was meant for me, wasn't it?" she asked, implying the attack had been blocked by him when she was the Changelings original target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Nova shrugs and stretches his arm a bit, wincing at the pain. "Could have been." He says. "I wasn't really paying attention while he was making me his dinner." He jokes with a chuckle, followed by and "Ow." He stood up and grabbed some painkillers, popping two of them in his mouth and walking to the exit. "Don't worry yourself over it. You did good today. You would have done the same thing, right?" He asks, stopping at the door.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Midnight narrows her eyes on Nova. Surely it had to be him protection her, no way a Moonshadow got hurt otherwise, he had to be protection her. In the two months they'd worked together, he'd been nothing short of amazing. She stood up as she did, stayed several steps behind and just to his left, like she'd been since she's first arrived.

"O-of course I would have taken a blow meant for you..w-without hesitation Nova.." she said quickly, resisting the urge to hold on to her left shoulder, which hurt in protest to her moving. "I-I think we should clean ourselves up..." she glanced at her left arm, which was practically soaked in a mixture of dry and wet blood, part Changeling, but most of it was her own from her injuries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Nova shrugs in satisfaction. "Never doubted for a second." He says, turning around and walking out the door. "Yeah, cleanup is probably in order." He agrees. "Hit the showers, then." He says, rubbing his shoulders. "I need to finish some logistical stuff first." He waves Midnight off as he walks down the hall of the medical ward and flags down an officer, starting up a conversation.

Because of the nature of the Lunar Guard, as well as the state of the base, the showers were actually co-ed, with short shower stalls that hid just enough, or not. At this point in the evening, they were beginning to empty of personnel.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Midnight simply watched Nova walk off, and she couldn't deny her disappointment that he had. Ever since day one, there was a single undenable fact about Nova. He was hot, stupidly so that thinking about him shirtless left her slightly flustered. Normally, showers was the best time to get sneak looks at him and his body, so she wasn't too pleased that he hadn't come straight with her. She sighed as she watching him chat to someone, before going to the showers.

Stripping off her uniform in the abandonded room, she went to the closest shower and turned it on instantly, the hot water washing over her. She loved showers, she absolutely loved how the water felt in her mane, how she loved it washing down her body, it was weird, but a shower was one of her favoirte past times. She closed her eyes, her back turned to the door as she started to clean the blood off her arms, the water an odd colour as it went down the drain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 pm

After a couple of minutes, the stall next to Mid would open and close as Nova occupied it, turning on the water and starting to wash the blood off his own body. "What's up, kid?" He asks, putting his arms up behind his head and stretching, causing him to flex and unknowingly give Midnight a show of his muscles.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Midnight opened her eyes from under the water, smiling at Nova as he entered. In theory, they were the only ones here, everyone else would have showered already and that left them alone down here. She looked over at him, smiling despite the name 'kid'. He'd always been like that, Rookie, Kid, just little nicknames he used, his form of affection, she thinks...

However, her reply died in her throat seeing him flex his muscels, causing a large blush to burn itself onto her face, as she glanced away in an attempt to hide it "I'm good...N-nova...j-just glad you're ok and all.." she replied, but didn't look back over to him, embarrassed at how easily flustered she was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:48 am

Nova lathers up some soap and stands under the shower beginning his wash. "I'm glad I look good. I feel like shit." He says, carefully running his washcloth over his stitches. He looks over at Midnight, seeing her looking a little flustered.

He stops and leans against the divider of their stalls, resting his arms on the top. He had been watching her closely for the past two months they were together. More than just evaluating her skills, he admired her looks as well. She was definitely attractive, even if she didn't know it. Of course he took that bite for her. She was occupied, sure, but he also started to develop an attraction to her.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks, in regards to their encounter.

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:37 am

Midnight glanced over at Nova, before seeing he was looking over at her and looked away again, she didn't want him to see it, rules stated she wasn't meant to feel what she did for him, even if she did. Instead, she simply focussed on getting all the blood off her body, the liquids ozzing off her as she rubbed her body, completely unaware Nova was looing at her.

She looked over at him as he asked the question, and hoping her blush wasn't that visible as she turned to face him, the fact he would be able to see completely missed to her, and right in his eyeline, her smallish chest.

"T-there isn't a ton to talk about...we pushed our luck, I..i got careless, you nearly died..." she sighed, and it should be obvious to Alpha she was mentally hitting herself for his injury, and most of the mission
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:28 am

Nova nods as he listened, eyes inevitably wandering over her body. "Don't sweat it. We all make mistakes in the field." He says, reaching over and giving her a pat on the shoulder before going back to washing himself. "God's know I've made a few myself. All you can do is learn from it and move on to the next mission." He stands and let's the water rush over his body, letting his, and that of some changelings blood run down the drains. "I liked your spunk out there, though." He says. "You're getting better."

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 am

Midnight smiled weakly up at him, nodding her head as she continues to clean herself, before trying to go for her back, and hissing in paid as she shoulder refused to let her clean her back, and wings, properly. She looked over at Nova, an idea coming to mind, before pushing it away with the dirtier thoughts that came with it "T-thanks Nova....its been a few months, i'd be worried if I was still as green as when I first arrived..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:40 am

Nova, on the other hand, was having the same problem, but was far less shy about it. "Hey, my shoulder's killing me." He says, turning his back to Midnight. "You think you could get my back and wings for me? He asks, looking over his shoulder and waiting for his partner.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duty and Desire!    

Back to top Go down

Duty and Desire!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next