A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

After the End?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:52 am

Dusk was beginning to wonder why Artemia was afraid of Tirek and the other rulers when it appeared she was maybe on par with them. She was walking into an army of Crystal Wolves of an unknown origin and shrugged them off like she was walking through a light drizzle. Of course, Dusk had been well out of the way of the ice boulder before Artemia shattered it to pieces.

However, the Shoggoth that appeared a long ways behind them is what got his attention. Considering it stood taller than many of the buildings, it wasn't that hard to notice. Dusk was brave and determined, but not stupid. If had a squad of war veterans like himself with enchanted armor and weapons, he figured he could take it. However, it was just him in normal armor with normal weapons. If anything, this was a task for Artemia. Of course, then came the question of getting her attention without revealing her true identity. He'd need to be up close to speak softly enough for no one else to hear, but that was right in the middle of the fighting. As that seemed to be his only option, he charged into the mass of Crystal Wolves with the purpose of getting to Artemia, striking them down with fireballs, strikes from his halberd and hoof strikes.

--

When Sonatine noticed the Shoggoth, she thought being inside away from armed guards was the worst place to be. She abandoned her place in Dusk's shop and went to find Dusk, only to see him charge into the fray. Having no idea what to do, she went back inside to look for a place to hide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:38 am

At the Castle:
Nightingale and Indicus would manage to clear the vault, but not leave the hallway leading towards it before a very loud and close rumbling shook the entire structure. These foundation shaking shockwaves were followed quickly by a series of unpony-like sounds that that hurt the ears to hear. There was also a good bit of very pony sounding screaming that gradually shifted to war cries as a fight broke out. Bits of the monstrous Shoggoth could be seen trying to cover the windows, squirming mass occasionally sporting a mouth or eye stalk. It would seem Indicus and Nightingale's trip would be slightly delayed as outside and covering most of the keep was an other-worldly Shoggoth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edge of the City:
Artemia would have plenty of blows being thrown at her, yet her defenses seemed to take care of each one that would actually matter. As Artemia progressed deeper into their lines however, the threat gradually became more serious. The wolves were bigger, bulkier, and sporting more equipment.

Dusk would be faring only slightly worse if only because he wasn't just auto-deflecting sword blows. Dusk however would have one of his thoughts proven somewhat false as while they weren't exactly his to command, there was practically a legion of well trained soldiers with enchanted arms and armor fighting alongside him. The Crystal kingdom guard were proving their merit as a suitable fighting force, and one not to be taken lightly, especially as a unit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:11 am

As the chaos ensued out side Gale eyes went half lid. Sign of being "Done" with this day.
"Shoggoth, made of mostly flesh and dark magic. Hitting it with sword does some damage but,  it probably end up killing you. magic could work but you risk pissing it off. Dark magic, like mine or the royal chiennes would ether make it stronger, or piss it off even more. Can only be summon by ritual, Quickest way to  kill it with fire, suggestion Molotoves,... * Gale turn to indicus and what ever guard are near by.* Do you want me to sit here like a criminal till you clear this up or do you want me help protect to public?" 
Gale said this in a complete monotone bored voice.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Felicity would continue circle the castle, a tad bored. A farsight spell allowed her to watch the proceedings down below. Her dogs weren't fairing too well, perhaps she ought to have trained them better. Ah well, too late for that anyhow.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:10 am

Artemia slowed as she approached the tougher wolves, though she did not stop. Instead, she raised an arm, summoning Brutus who leapt from the earth to wrap around her arm forming a graceful, elegant, yet obviously brutal mace.

Swinging her arm in a glittering arc of the earth's wrath, she didn't turn her gaze from the warmachines, even as lupine blood splattered her. She continued her swings unabated until the area around her was clear.

Sending her magic deep down into the ground, what little she could spare at least, she drew upon the strength of one of large earth spirits that slumbered beneath, before looking up at the siege weapons and clenching her fist, intending to destroy all of them in enormous strike. Assuming the blow landed, she would drop to her knees as fatigue washed over her body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Dusk fought his way through the wolves as best as he could. He really wished he had his enchanted armor and weapons, but they the gold of Celestia's Royal Guard and had emblems of the Sun all over them. Still, he managed as his years of experience paid off.

He managed to reach Artemia just as she dropped to her knees. Great, she's probably too tired to take on that monstrosity now, he thought. So, he gave himself a new task to make sure she remained unharmed, fighting off any crystal wolves that decided to try to harm her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Indicus ignored Gale's attitude, "Then let us be off." Indicus replied without much emotion as he headed out to help defend the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:14 pm

At the Castle:
Indicus and, since he was with her, Gale wouldn't have any real trouble finding the exit to the castle. Though getting out could prove just a bit hazardous what with the ends of the Shoggoth swinging about widely around the exit as well as numerous other parts of the building. Outside though, there were dozens of ponies already fighting the abomination with everything they had in their arsenal. Pegasi dive bombed the abomination or performed aerial bombardment while earth ponies and crystal ponies kept the limbs and beast at bay with spears and pikes. Behind them dozens of mages stood unleashing volley after volley of spells at the monster. While the overall effect was impressive, the actual effect seemed at least to be doing somewhat little to the massive creature.

Indicus and Gale though wouldn't have too much time to sit and gawk, if they even bothered to, as one of the tentacle like appendages currently sporting about 4 rapidly clacking mouths whipped towards them. One of the mouths even had half a screaming and blood gurgling guard halfway hanging out of it.

Edge of the City:
As Artemia sent her magic and will deep into the earth, she would encounter far more resistance than what she was probably expecting. She would even be granted a sight as to alleviate any confusion as to why, and it showed her the massive spirit in all of it's agonizing glory. All across the spirits rocky corporeal body were large, dark, pulsating crystals, each one easily several times the size of a pony and seemingly driven forcible into the poor spirit. She could feel it's pain of these bindings that not only kept it trapped beneath the surface, but also to that form. Still, it lent what little power it could spare and still stay alive to the little alicorn, more than enough to destroy most of the siege weaponry, and damage what was left.

As she fell to her knees though, Dusk would find his job suddenly becoming a lot more demanding as the wolves that survived the localized earthquake and now had no siege equipment to operate, now turned towards him and Artemia. The first blow would come quickly, an overhead slash combined with a pounce as the first wolf dove at them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Gale didn't much react, she just seemed board.
Inseted she plopped her bag down and pulled out an set of kunia (4 to be exact)
With a moment she vanished only to reappear above the tentacle. Throwing the four knife at the beast. One for each mouth with enough force to pierce it. (Their not much point on trying to save the guard from being eaten, not that she cares as of a few moments ago.)After throwing the last knife she vanished again. Reappearing behind indicus. "Well, Some things never change I guess." She mocked searching threw her bag again.

Indicus

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Indicus rolls his eyes grabbing his blade and with a motion of his hoof the blade burst in a dark flame of shadow and fire magic and sprung into action. Indicus dodged the beasts attempts to kill him and in an opening found one of its limbs and hacks at it the blade doing decent damage due to the enchantment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:32 am

"I'm so sorry..." she whispered, sending her remaining energy to alleviate the pain the spirit felt, if even for a moment. Tears dripped down her cheeks as shd relived the pain the poor ancient spirit was suffering through.

"Brutus... protect me..." she mumbled, the spirit detatched from her arm, before the dog raised a wall around the alicorn and the guard, a wall that would repel the attack, and retaliate with crystal spikes that thrust out.

Artemia glanced at Dusk, giving him a tiny smile before collapsing properly, unconsciousness sweeping over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Dusk had been ready to kill the first wolf, but he wasn't going to complain that Artemia's Wolf did the job instead. Because of this, he glanced at Artemia, missing the moment she smiled but saw she had now gone unconscious. Dusk cursed under his breath. He unleashed a torrent of flame around himself, making sure not to harm Artemia or her wolf, to keep the wolves at bay for so he could get Artemia on his back. After that, he headed towards the line of guardsmen, knowing he couldn't fight the wolves off with a pony on his back. He took care to ensure Artemia's wings wouldn't be showing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:57 pm

At the castle:
Gale's knives hit their marks, piercing the eldritch abomination's mouths with ease, but the constantly roiling mass of flesh seemed un-phased by the attack. Indicus's attack would garner much the same, cutting into the flesh and even managing to sever off the last end of the temp limb. The now shortened tentacle withered about some before rising up and the end closed in on itself. Then it opened back up to reveal an eye looking about where the open wound had been. This new shoggoth eye looked about erratically before finding and focusing on Gale and Indicus. The eye then blinked shut and the shortened tentacle swung at them again. Beyond that one limb, the rest of the shoggoth continued to slowly spread out and cover the castle. Soldiers were slowly but steadily being forced back.

Outside the city:
With their siege equipment destroyed, the invading wolf army were quickly being wiped out. The army and militia had managed to just about reach Artemia and Dusk. When they caught sight of Brutus though, many raised their weapons towards the spirit

Dusk wouldn't meet any resistance though moving past the guard's ranks since the scene as it was, most of the guard seemed to assume that he was simply rescuing somepony or running away from an abnormal looking wolf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:10 pm

"Are you guys going to kill this thing today or something, I paid my taxes."
Gale raise her hoof to the tentacle, with that the knifes glowed violet before they torn their way out the beast and back to gale. Before dodging out of the way from the attacks. 
"Ether you guys kill this thing or cover me so I can" Gale said in a attitude.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Artemia remained unconscious as the wolves were swiftly forced back and defeated, not stirring as Dusk picked her up and started to carry her back towards the city. Brutus barked at the approaching guards, but he stayed near Artemia and Dusk, moving with them back to the city that he had helped defend, watching the Shoggoth writhe in the city.

Brutus' emerald eyes twinkled and he glanced at Dusk, careful not to upset the guards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:23 am

When Dusk noticed the guards thought Artemia's wolf was one of the bad ones, he rolled his eyes and tried to think of a good explanation as to why it was friendly.

He soon had something and said, "That wolf is this mare's pet, don't ask me why. But if it wasn't for him, both of us would be dead. Let it through." He hoped that'd be enough for the guards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:46 am

Indicus dodged the creatures attack and while making a move for the eye responded"Ma'am you fight these things on a much more regular basis I do not so just tell me what the hell to target and do your damn job." His lunge for the eye was interrupted by another tendril which he evaded and took a moment to hack off, before going for the eye again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 am

"Well, one of us have to do their jobs while the other sits on their plots and do nothing. *Glares at Indicus.* "Fire, light and sun base attacks at the main pile of flesh cause the most damage, By the way, you have no rule over me, that goes for our trip too," Gale said coldly.
She dodge the tentacles and threw her knives at the beast.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:36 pm

At the castle:
The monstrous being continued writing about, slinging it's seemingly aimless destruction wherever it pleased. The attacks of Gale, Indicus, and the guard force only seemed to be keeping the majority of the creature from spreading off the castle that it more or less enveloped. Suddenly it seemed to begin preparing a new attack to unleash upon the crowd as multiple large pieces of the otherworldly monster began to distend outwards. Then the cause for this bulbous segments became clear as the massive crystal spikes erupted from the creature's mass, piercing it from underneath in every location. The massive crystal spikes continued extending through the creature, widening the holes that were driven through it.

Now full of holes at least 10 feet in diameter, the monster stopped it's squirming and writing and sickly looking blood seeped out by the gallon. From a high up balcony, Sombra stood looking at the mess on his castle before sighing and wandering back inside. The guard seemed a bit stunned at first, but then got to the work of removing the monster.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outskirts of the city:
The guard regarded Dusk and Artemia for a few minutes longer, but then most of them passed on to wipe out the last of the failed invasion. Some however watched them very carefully, others even seemed to be taking notes. Either way you look at it, there were a LOT of eyes on both of them right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 pm

"Never said I did neither did I have any illusions to such." Indicus said as he dodged yet another attack. When King Sombra unleashed his attack killing the beast the one thing he could think of is relief that the thing was dead and that he knew what it was weak to if they ran into more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:37 am

Dusk ignored the gaze of the guards and soldiers that decided to pay attention to him. He doubted they'd find any reason for him to be investigated. In any case, he needed to get Artemia away from the fighting. He headed for his shop and home, noticing the gigantic beast at the Palace had been slain or was at the brink of being slain.

Upon entering, he noticed that a lot of his stock was still present, not to mention Sonatine was nowhere in sight.

"Sonatine? You still here?" he called out.

"I'm still here," she soon responded. It was clear she was upstairs and likely was in a room. "Is that big thing gone?"

Dusk decided to head upstairs before responding so he wouldn't have to continue shouting. The light coming from the bathroom door told him that was where she decided to hide. "Yes, the beast is dead, and the invaders have been beaten back. The fight took a lot out of Lumos," Dusk said, making sure to use Artemia's alias.

As Sonatine cautiously left the bathroom, Dusk placed Artemia down on the cushions in front of the fireplace. The fire still had some embers left, and the fire was quickly going again after Dusk added some wood and a fire spell to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:30 am

"Thanks, king, you're the cool one," Gale yelled over to where sombra.
"Come on tin can I want to get some supplies before the stores close. I don't feel like talking to red and ugly already, I don't need some pony whining about the lack of supplies on the way." She said to indicus while finally getting out of the castle as soon as possible.

Indicus

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:53 am

Indicus followed with a sigh not bothering to get worked up about the insult. Maybe over time she would trust him but he honestly did not count on it seeing as the only reason their together was because of a command from Queen Nightmare Moon and nothing more. Just to make it better they both knew that he was there only to make sure she did not try to just run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 am

Brutus had followed the pair home, and he bounded upstairs to bark eagerly at Sonatine, giving her a happy lick on the cheek before prancing over to the fireplace. As he curled up protectively around Artemia, he nuzzled her cheek gently, trying to stir her.

Time would pass slowly, though it was not long before Artemia, surrounded by the crystal walls, stirred and awoke slowly. She looked up blearily at the roof, before raising a hand to stroke Brutus' coat. "Are you there Anvil?" she asked, fortunately having enough sense to use his false name. "I would really appreciate a glass of water."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:46 am

Felicity sighs. The army was routed, and her Shoggoth defeated. Best to be away then.
Several carefully concealed teleports later, and she was at a cave. She wasn't entirely sure where she was, but she did no she was far from the Empire and could easily scary her location if needed. The cave was also deserted, a fact she had ascertained thanks to its relatively small size. More or a very large alcove in a hill. It would serve her purposes.
She hefts the animal skins and raw ores she had been scavenging for the many years she had been here. In all this time, she had not made gear for herself. Magical gear, at any rate. It was time she started.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the End?   

Back to top Go down

After the End?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: NSFW-
Jump to: