A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Castle Oblivion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 01, 2014 2:39 am

Verde watches the young stallion cry defiance to the evil force before him and, as a grin widened on her face, she watches him start doing jumping jacks, practically glowing with youthful vim and vigor and cheer. "Hah! There's the spirit! Go on then, gallant Tantalus.. I'm certain these dark forces will soon learn to fear the likes of you!" Heh... fop the little guy may look but he'll be a hard kill. There's much more to him than appears on the surface, much more than I'd expect of a mercenary.

She gives the voice in her mind little thought, idly reaching out to catch the card and barely looking at it as she continues to look concerned over Wild. Only when it reaches the last bit, about the importance of the cards, does she react. Oh, good night.. I was right about the damn cards being important, wasn't I? Luna-damned nuts with... card... motifs...

Wild would be able to hear her sigh lightly. Symmetry is a real bitch.

Last edited by DualThrone on Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Lightning sighed as he saw the others had made it inside of the portal like he had. The sight if a few gave him a mix of fear and confidence. "What had the others seen?" He pondered to himself since Wild's reaction to the visions was completely weird for what he had seen. While he would prefer not to think of his own, he just couldn't shake the feeling that it meant something.

He stepped inside of Castle thinking about it before it was interrupted by the speeches the others gave. Sadly, he felt no anger to be directed to be directed or to consume him. It only gave him numerous questions in what it meant along with a small trace of fear. What it meant he was going to find out one way or another.

The words in his mind further questioned his mind as he grabbed the card. He started to examine it a bit wondering who had the thing with cards. Soon, Sugary burst into a rant about balance which would have been nice if Lightning was caring about it, but it was nice speech though. When Verde spoke complimenting Sugary and his bravery. "Wow, that total wasn't corny, was it Verde?" He said sarcastically as he moved down the center hallway as he stuffed the card into his pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Fantasy felt ambivalence towards the words being spoken in a tone she couldn't identify; at the moment, they were just words, meant to provoke or intimidate her, though the wiser part of her knew those words were important and would affect her greatly later, maybe not that much later. For now, she stood where she was, weight shifted to her right leg, and holding her mace in her right hand. Most of her ambivalence was because her focus was still on the image she'd seen. Equestrian apocalypse. Fire. Lots and lots of fire and smoke. Death everywhere. The images had been far too vivid for comfort, and Fantasy's stomach churned a bit as she dug it back up again and again.

When a card appeared in front of her face, and formed the image of one of the shadow beasts that'd wanted to attack her and her group, along with a Roman Numeral 2, Fantasy forced herself to stop dwelling on the vision. This time, when something somehow told her the card would be the most important thing for this adventure, Fantasy's stomach twisted with mixtures of excitement and fear. Why would a card be so important? Why would she need a card with a picture of an enemy on it? She got the feeling these cards were much more than cards; they could obviously hold living beings, so why would she want to keep one that had one of the creatures in them that wanted her dead?

All of these questions were good, relevant points. It didn't seem to matter, though, as Fantasy put the card in her pocket anyway, having no clue why or when she'd need it. She finally noticed the opened castle doors, leading to the near-blinding-white interior. Fantasy didn't question it; this was Equestria, this was magic, this was dark magic as well; decoration preferences were the least of her worries. She walked into the castle with barely a second thought, and looked around to see who had followed behind her, or who she was behind. She really needed to pay more attention. Don't think about that vision, no matter how gruesome it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Fri May 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Rain Splash sighed and sheathed his sword, "Why can't the bad guys just stay outta our heads?" He muttered to himself spitefully, he silently vowed that if he ever met who was messing with his mind he would exchange more than harsh words. A card he slipped into his pocket has disturbed him more than the ghost pain of the whips and other torture devices that seemed so real in the vision that he felt as if he were there again. Feeling it for himself.

The stallion, Sugary was his name? Bolstered his hope making him snap out of it, he nodded, "I'm in it to win it! I don't know about the rest of you but this guy is gonna pay!" He growled as he unsheathed his own sword, it was odd in his left hand, but he needed his other for water magic, good thing he has been practicing with both, so not to fail miserably with it.

He stood near Sugary with a determined nod, ready to follow, or... Dread filled his mind, to lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Fri May 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Wild Card's crying slowly quietened, and soon the stallion was completely silent. After a few seconds, he gently brushed Verde's hand off his shoulder and stood up straight, the blue fur on his face covered with darkened lines leading away from his silvery-grey eyes where his tears had run down. He picked up his umbrella from the floor, and after folding it up he put it in his hat with as much purpose as one can show with umbrellas.

"Whoever he was... I will not rest until I find him and get answers for this..." Wild snatched the card out of the air, regarded the picture for a moment and placed it in his pocket along with the other two, then he began walking towards the door of the large, foreboding castle with his fists clenched. "I will have answers..." "Even if I have to tear it from his mind myself." "No one messes with our head." His last statement was said in a voice that sounded as if twelve others were in perfect harmony with each other, but he coughed slightly afterwards. 'Ow.'

The pegasus then thought about the words surrounding the idea of cards being the past, present and future. 'What does that say about the card with Ace?' 'It's has not happened, it is not happening, and it is not going to happen. We'll make sure of that.' Wild stared at the bright interior with both awe and anger. 'My word. Everything looks so... valuable.' 'That bastard's hiding in one of those doors...' He thought to himselves, his eyes returning to their normal, orange, colour for the time being. "So, which door shall we look in first?" Wild asked the others calmly, wanting to find the stranger as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Sun May 04, 2014 1:06 am

The three doors looked almost identical to each other but for one subtle difference; while each door seemed identical at first glance there was tiny, almost illegible writing beneath each of the strange symbols on each door, the symbols having one part that almost looked like an upside down heart.

On the middle most door the writing was the most clearly legible; "Betwixt and Between".

The right side door had curious marks around it's keyhole, scratches and bumps as if someone had tried to force it open. The writing on this seemed to have been scratched into the woodwork by the same thing that had tried to force the door open; "Pathway To Lost Friends".

The left most doors writing was almost impossible to read because of it's paint being almost the same as the door and painted on to the very handle itself. Only one word could be made out clearly: "Memories".

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Sun May 04, 2014 2:49 am

Verde blinks and watches the stallion rise, her eyes getting wider with each and every voice that speaks. A few of them she'd heard before; a couple she had not. Naturally, her attention focuses very directly on the extremely refined voice speaking of ripping answers from the enemy's mind. What manner of stallion is this Wild Card? she asks herself in astonishment. So many minds and one of them clearly terribly powerful... and if the mind at the forefront can ask his aid or he can give his aid without being solicited...

"Whichever we enter, sir, I think we should enter as a cohesive group," Verde says aloud, her eyes not leaving Wild for a moment. "But before we do..." She leans in closer to him and lowers her voice. "...I think you need to explain the nature of your minds. There is nothing unstable about you, not visibly, but I just distinctly heard one of your minds propose to rip answers from the mind of our foe. Whose is the voice that proposes this, and does he act only with permission, or entirely as he sees fit? For that matter, what other minds are within you, and what do they intend, and are they free to do as they will when they will without leave?"

She takes a deep breath in, and then allows it out again. Her stance is tense and wary, but notably she hasn't lit her horn or placed her hand on sword or shield, or done anything else to imply any sort of threat or even preparations to defend herself. "I have no issue with your company, Wild Card, but before we walk into danger, with some mysterious and malicious force already trying to tug at our strings, I think we need to know that you're our ally, that all of you are our allies and won't abruptly decide that it'd be good sport to use us for your own ends, sadistic or otherwise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Mon May 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Oathbound took a long look at the doors, each one of them spelling different words that meant nothing but trouble in his mind.
"Betwixt and Between... Pathway To Lost Friends... Memories..." He muttered out loud.
He looked at the others, crossing his arms as he frowned.
"One way or another, we're going to have a big fight in our hands. Let us enter only once we are ready."

And seeing as he had only thrown his weapons at an enemy, he had no worries about proceeding forward. To that end, he went to the middle of the room and sat down, crossing his arms as his weapons appear, starting to sharpen themselves against eachother, causing magical sparks to fly out in the direction of the doors. The motion was needless, as the axes never lost their edge nor could they become any sharper, but he did it anyway. Instead, he focused his mind on the vision and the meaning of the figure with the one wing. He'd heard Sugary's words and was positive that the youth had shared the vision with him.
"This One Winged Angel... Who is he? What does he have to do with Oathbreaker?" He thought, waiting for the others to make the decision to move out. It mattered not which door the group would go through, they would triumph.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Mon May 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Seeing Card get up again was satisfying for Young Sugary. Seeing the stallion speak as he did afterwards was far less so. "I can understand the lady's desire to question the stallion that might have... many minds... But what good are that many minds in one body if there's disagreement...?"

He wanted to trust the stallion. Trust that he meant well. In the meantime, Young Sugary moved about cautiously and look at each of the doors to read upon them while speaking to the group in general. "Like the lady says, we should stay as a whole group. 'Strength in numbers' still means something, last I checked... But I can understand if someone's planning on splitting up to aid in searching." "That, and the Scholar's have told me of puzzles that can only ever be solved by splitting up, yet keeping goals equal... But would that apply here as well...?" While sticking to his thoughts briefly, he paid particular attention to the door that read Pathway to lost friends. Though he had to admit it was too obvious for what he was after in general, he could not help but feel compelled to go through that door the most eventually.

Moving back to the group, he took note of Oath's words and let him be in his concentration as he made a general followup. "Speaking of which... Making strategy, assuming we have the time, is one thing... But I hardly know anyone's name and affiliation. Figured that might be worth discussing a bit too. In case I didn't say it earlier... Mercado Azuca-... er... Sugary Market, allied mercenary Warrior Sage... in training. Body, weapons, and magic at your service!" He gave a quick salute by placing his left arm over his chest while standing straight with a practiced posture, though despite the quick formality, he was still very much alert of his new surroundings and waited for the others to come to their own decisions as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Rain Splash who was rather surprised by actual formalities walked towards Sugary, with a small smile he spoke, "I'm Rain Splash, but almost everypony calls me Rain. I use a form of water and ice magic to my advantage as well as being well versed in hand-to-hand combat and sword and spear fighting." Looking at Wild he thought about the multiple beings overlapping the one mind, furrowing his eyebrows as his thoughts trailed to his flask, and it's multiple oddities it has had. He had also walked towards Fantasy with a worried look, "Are you alright?" Even going so far to place a hand on her shoulder, "Don't you worry, we'll get through this, then maybe I can keep my promise to properly greet you eh?" With a smile he removed his hand before it became I welcomed.

Wandering towards the door labeled "Memories" feeling a strange urge to throw himself into the room. He shook his head troubled as pondered if this was the right door to go through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 am

Lightning looked over at Wild as it seemed his other selves agreed on something. He made a mental on how rare that was. He glanced over the doors a bit and read what little he could from the text. The "Between" door seemed strange for obvious reasons and drew the stallion's attention, but didn't want to enter something as vague as what it said. As if the other doors were much clearer. All of them seemed strange in their own way.

The "Path" door gave him an unsettling feeling as he looked over it and wondered what friends that they meet. The "Memories" door seemed the most pleasant door, but appearances could be deceiving. He also sighed as he remembered his sister Storm. "I wonder how she's doing."

He glanced over at Sugary as he introduced himself and torn Lightning attention back to real life. "Hey there's no need to the formal stuff. It's not like we won't be with each other for this strange adventure." Lightning said as he continued to look at the doors before them. He sat down on the ground and examined it once again.. "Name's Lightning Storm by the way. Member of Shadowbolts that specialized with anything dealing with stealth. I'm a newbie." He said as he turned the stallion with a weak laugh before he looked at his card some more as his mind started to plague him again.

What had the others seen?". He knew that it wouldn't mean anything, but whatever they saw had gotten some sort of reaction out of them. Most of them being determination to defeat this hooded figure. Lightning's lacked that effect of him which made him feel strange. Who this person was he or she should be taken down, but Lightning didn't feel any hatred towards the figure."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 08, 2014 9:18 am

Everything happening around Fantasy was in a bit of a blur. Her attention was barely on those around her, herself instead focusing on the doors, trying to figure out which path would be the best- and by best, she meant least likely to kill her -choice. "Memories" didn't sound all that pleasant. "Pathway to Lost Friends" was obviously a trap; then again, they were all probably a trap, but that one seemed most obvious about it. "Betwix and Between" didn't sound any better than the other two. If anything, it sounded like a combination of two bad things.

Though, she did hear tidbits from everypony here and there. Such as something about somepony having multiple personalities. Interesting. Didn't people with MPD end up in mental wards? At least, that's what happened on Earth. Maybe Equestria has a completely different way of dealing with ponies with more than one mind in their head. She herself wasn't sure how much trust she'd want to put in someone who could be one person one moment and someone else the next. It wouldn't exactly be a good thing if one of the personalities suddenly took the reigns and had no idea they were in the middle of a fight. That's how one becomes a kabob.

She was snapped out of her thoughts, which had managed to completely distract her again, by Rain putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't you worry, we'll get through this, then maybe I can keep my promise to properly greet you eh?"

"Heh." She smiled a bit. She saw Rain wander over to "Memories", and wondered if she should follow him, despite getting uneasy feelings from that door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Wild Card turned his head to face Verde, and sighed. He then responded in an equally quiet voice. "The nature of our minds, Miss Tin? First of all, there are twelve of us inside our mind, each representing an emotion or state of mind. I am Gentle Card, Personality of Calm." The stallion gave a small smile to Verde. "And I believe you are referring to me, Miss Tin. Trap Card," Wild's eyes turned black for a brief moment. "Personality of Cruelty, and don't worry, I only get control of this body whenever the others require my services for... certain situations."

"Right now however, there is no need for my presence." "Plus we could go on about ourselves, Crazy Card Personality of Madness, but time is tick tocking away and we need to catch that guy as quickly as possible." Wild said, looking at Rain at the left most doors. "And I believe we have someone who is all too eager to find out what's on the other side of that door." "And don't worry, Verde, we're all on your side..." He trailed off on the last word, as if even he was unsure about the truthfulness of his statement, before turning to Market with a friendly smile on his face.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr Market." "May I say how ridiculous you look?" "Don't mind him, he speaks his mind a lot. But anyway, glad to have you here with all your skills. My name... Our collective name is Wild Card." After what he thought to be a decent greeting, Wild looked at the doors visible to him. "It seems the one marked "Pathway to Lost Friends" has had a bit of damage done to it." "I say go for it, it looks like our friend left a mark on it." "Well, that's our vote then." Wild finally decided, starting to make his way closer to the aforementioned door but not nearing it as he wanted to stay close to the group as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Fri May 09, 2014 3:02 am

Even though they had not yet laid a hoof on it, the Memories door swung open towards them, nearly catching Rain on the nose with how surprisingly far out the doors jutted, more so than it seemed to be when they were together.

Bizarrely the doors opened out onto what looked perfectly like a large hillside on a starry night. This wasn't an illusion, or if it was it was an extremely good one as they could feel the gentle breeze on the hilltop and smell the dampness in the grass. Clearly they could step right out into the area, which just beyond the hill was something familiar to almost everypony in Equestria by now.

This hillside stood just outside the small, familiar and pleasantly lit town of Ponyville. Judging by the fact that ponies were still out at night and the fact that the place seemed to be lit by paper lanterns, some kind of festival was going on.

"Looks nice doesn't it?" The voice was a whisper but it was close enough to be directly in Fantasy and Wild's ears. In the middle of the room stood a figure in another black coat but while the coat was identical to the figure from earlier the build underneath was very different, slimmer and more athletic than the figure who had taunted them earlier.

"How'd you guys get in here anyway?" It spoke louder this time but the voice was one that anyone native to Equestria couldn't fail to recognise. A quick look up would also confirm what the voice already gave away by the fact that unlike the previous figure this one's face was perfectly visible even with their hood pulled up, no unnatural darkness obscuring their features.

To any who knew of her cocky attitude and bravery, it was alien to see the look on Rainbow Dash's face. She was staring out at the Memories door with what looked almost like heartbreak, desperation... she looked scared, upset but yet she didn't look away, instead taking a step toward the door as if she had forgotten they were all in the hallway as well.

Behind the group Rainbow Dash's emergence The Pathway To Lost Friends had also let out a loud, creaking sound as if a door had been opened on particularly rusty hinges and yet the door showed no sign of opening. The creaking repeated itself over and over, and any who would listen would hear a single word in a voice that again was instantly recognisable to those native to Equestria.

"....hello...?".

It didn't seem possible they could've heard Fluttershy's voice under that loud creaking, though this castle so far had hardly followed logic in anyway in their brief time inside.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Fri May 09, 2014 3:29 am

Verde nodded and when Trap Card speaks, she gives him a brief inclination of her head. "Excellent; I have a suspicion that your talents will be... useful on our journey." She smirks a little. And this is the point where I'd look between them all, except all of them are in a single place. "All of your skills. Competence in duodecicate is always very welcome."

The "Memories" door swinging outwards on its own provoked an immediate reaction from her: the sword was swept out of its scbbard, her shield swung out between her and it, and three more needles zipped off her belt to be made ready. Far more surprising than the door opening by itself was who was standing inside the room on the other side. Rainbow Dash! But... no, then it couldn't have been her in those cards. It was a trick like I surmised. Or... Her eyes dart over Rainbow's Face, noting the oddities, the brokenness of the spirit behind those eyes, something utterly alien. It was certainly Rainbow Dash but there was something... not present in those fierce eyes. Specifically, the fierceness. ...or it wasn't a trick at all and that evil figure has more than one way to imprison the Bearers.

"We came looking for you, Rainbow Dash," she replies to the question, sheathing her sword and the needles but keeping the shield in a position where it could instantly be made ready if needs be. "We were brought to a castle and before three doors. This one opened for us on its own." She glances slowly to either side of the pegasus, making the motion of her head and eyes as visible as she could. "Rainbow, where are Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie? Where are your friends?" No need to mention the cards, yet. If she seems barely aware and that deadness is in her eyes, speaking of the cards may well have unforeseen consequences.

When the door to The Pathway of Lost Friends begins to creak repeatedly, Verde ignores it, or at least appears to be ignoring it. In truth, she's listening very closely and the soft, shy, whisper all too familiar to anyone who'd ever heard Fluttershy speak was as loud to her as if it had been spoken at a normal volume without interference. Still, she didn't let her attention waver, keeping it focused on Rainbow Dash and seeing what the pegasus might do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Fri May 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Ligntning shot up and onto his feet as he heard one of the doors opened. He looked over at the Ponyville and pondered for how this place was going to mindfuck with them even more. Then, a familiar's mare voice spoke from above them. He quickly unholestered his gun and turned to point at the source of it and was about to fire as he saw the mare's face.

The stallion lowered his gun in confusion and wondered why the Element of Loyalty wasn't in a card anymore. The weirder part of it was the fact she was wearing the black cloak. Did the guy that have some spare cloaks in this place or was there more like him? The second choice sent a cold chill up his spine. The rainbow maned pony demeanor seemed to change on drop of a dime.

This version of the Element was something he had seen before during the Young Flyers Competieon. The mare had been curdled up into a ball panicking. She had even taken his number so she wouldn't go which he hadn't realized until they called out for his new number.

He didn't say anything about it now and let Verde try to get Dash to snap out of her trance. He heard the loud creak of another door and glanced over to it, but it was still closed. Soon, he had realized he had dropped his card on the ground and heard a small voice greet them. "Hi?" He said feeling rather dumb for doing so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Sun May 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Oathbound's axes stopped sharpening themselves against one another as the Door Of Memories opened. He opened his eyes and turned his head like a bird to gaze at the one who opened said door, only to frown as he saw the familiar form of Rainbow Dash.

Only... it couldn't be her. There was nothing even resembling the brash, cocky young flier he'd grown to know. And as a resident of Ponyville, Oath got to see the mare a lot.
As such, he knew that something was wrong.
"Rainbow Dash, is that you?"

He immediately regretted asking the question, for the other door opened, only to hear the unmistakable voice of the timid animal caretaker that was known for being the most shy pegasus Ponyville, possibly in all of Equestria.
"Fluttershy?" He asked, as he was lulled into a sense of false security, his axes disappearing in wisps of light. He rose up and joined the pony closest to him. Because even if they were "safe", safety in numbers and such still applied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Mon May 12, 2014 8:03 am

Young Sugary was about as startled as some of the others as he wasn't sure what to expect from behind the doors. Seeing Rainbow Dash, or what seemed like her, made him feel... uneasy. Although he didn't know anything about her aside from what he was already told that would give away anything that she wasn't who she claimed to be in his eyes, she was wearing the same hood as the others they had seen. That fact alone may have been shallow, but it made him reasonably wary.

Then there was the whisper like voice in his ear from the door he showed interest in. Again, not familiar to him, but again, made him wary with the way some of the others were reacting. The others he was with knew them well, it seemed. So if they had some doubts in their voices, he had fair reason to doubt as well.

He chose to move closer to Oathbound after he had dissipated his axes. He also chose to move closer to him to ask him a few things. "Um... Hey, should you really be putting those away? And... Is that, them? I just can't tell..." His voice was a whisper, but his weapon was being pointed in the direction of the doors, his magic was at the ready, and his ears were in constant alert in their subtle movements. His stance on whether or not they were the right mares would remain neutral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Tue May 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Rain reeled backwards slightly as the door almost clipped his face, he chose to slowly back towards the group, "Fantasy, c'mon, away from the door." He warned slightly fearful as he backed away, much closer to the group he asked a similar question to Sugary's over his shoulder, directed to Lightning, "Think this is a bit TOO easy...?"

His one hand on the flask while the second hand gripped his sword securely, glancing warily at Dash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Thu May 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Wild Card nodded at Verde's response, and then his attention was grasped by the opening of the "Memories" door. He rolled his eyes and stared at Rain. "What in Equestria did you do Rain?" "Hang on a second, is that?" He muttered, staring at the black coated figure of Rainbow Dash as he heard her voice pass through his ears.

His eyes widened as the realisation came to him, and his eyes flashed an olive green for a second. "Is that really? Can it? How?" Wild coughed lightly and politely, before straightening out his suit. "Exactly what Miss Tin here explained, Miss Dash." He said, nodding his head towards Verde to confirm who it was he mentioned. "Though I must say it is odd to see you right here, right now." "Yeah, I thought it would have been more difficult than that to find you. Ah well. Can't complain really."

He ended up hitting the left side of his head swiftly. 'Now is not a good time to throw about idle remarks. Just look at the mare...' 'Fine, jeez. Just pointing out something I saw as important.' Wild Card sorted out his hat, which had tilted slightly due to the hit, and finally was happy with it. After staring at the creaking door marked "Pathway To Lost Friends" and raising an eyebrow to the timid voice, he then looked through the open door of "Memories", taking in the view of the pleasant hillside. "So, this is all very well and good but we still haven't really decided on which door to go through... That other guy is probably getting further away by the second." Wild said with a slight hint of impatience in his voice, somewhat breaking the calming mood the hillside created for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Fri May 16, 2014 11:44 pm

"She cannot hear you." The voice was simple and matter of fact but carried the familiar elegance and power that any who had heard her voice even once would know. "Now please remain calm, I may be able to help you."

Princess Luna did her best to keep them calm as she talked in their minds while Rainbow Dash stared blankly at the door leading to the hillside; a group of ponies and a smaller figure were coming up the hill laughing and talking cheerfully.

"Listen to me; the castle you are standing in seems to reside at least partially within the Realm of Dreams. I admit I have never seen a structure like this that you stand in, it is both real and imaginary at once, but regardless of how you got there or how it exists you must please listen; whatever that Castle is and wherever it is it contains the Bearers of the Elements, I can sense their minds within this place... they still dream but their dreams are somehow hidden from me."

Rainbow Dash took a step forward as if she needed to clarify what she was seeing. Through the door they could finally see the group in focus; the Bearers, along with Twilight's assistant Spike, all sitting on a hill to watch one of Luna's meteor showers. This particular shower had been the first since Luna's return from exile and had been almost three years ago.

"This Castle you stand in takes memories, dreams, nightmares, it twists them and molds them into reality. That thing you see before you is not Rainbow Dash; I have tried to see into it's dreams and mind, it is empty." The way Luna said that made her sound like she still wasn't sure if that could be correct. "There is nothing of Rainbow Dash in that pony beyond her looks, and while my view of this castle is limited it would appear she is using these doors to relive the memories of the real Rainbow Dash."

"Watch out!"

The Princess cut herself off as there was a strange sound behind the group, almost like a zipper being undone though it echoed like they were in a cave. In a circle around them stood a group of bizzare looking creatures, twitching and fidgeting at odd angles and moving as if they had no bone structure to speak of:

"What are they?" The fact that Luna apparently had no clue what these creatures were was troubling... assuming this even was the real Luna and that everything they had heard was true, and not just the Castle or the hooded figure from before toying with them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Sat May 17, 2014 6:25 pm

(("Sinister Sundown"))

While young Sugary waited for a clear answer to come to his question, the next voice to pop into his head somewhat startled him, not because there was a voice he didn't recognize as well, but because it just seemed so different in the message it sent. The big difference to him with this new voice, was the fact that it seemed sincere and to the point as opposed to the cryptic talk he had heard so far from he other voices and all those in the black hoods. In short, he felt a little more inclined to trust this mare's voice... Even more so when it actually gave a warning to more creatures appearing instead of just leaving it out of conversation. "Ah!? We got more company!"

After he had turned around, felt that these creatures were somehow similar, yet different to the ones outside. He wasn't sure what it was, but he decided to go with his instincts at this point and get the First Strike himself. He wasn't fond of being led about aimlessly by the mischief of others, and he was about to show it as he charged his horn while switching the shield for the wand once more to help him focus, a mild wind-like aura rising from beneath his legs briefly along with his horn as a sign that he was powering up a fair bit for his spells.

First, he conjured some water in the air as his horn glew blue and held it there. Then, with a yellow glowing horn, he charged static rapidly at the tip of his sword and wand through his arms. Aiming carefully using the wand and sword to point direction, he launched and spread the water onto the closest cluster of the creatures, followed by him commanding and launching the static he had charged up along with one word... "Thunder!" The spell, though only somewhat true to it's name since it did briefly sound like soft thunder when cast, sent a bolt of lightning onto the most wet creatures for maximum effect, and make an opening for any of the other allies he had to deal with the rest that might have survived or remained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Sun May 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Lightning felt his heart skip a beat as he suddenly heard Princess Luna in his head. As she continued to explain to them about the fake Element of Loyalty he still felt as if the mare didn't have a choice, but to relive them. The reaction she gave to seeing the memory made him feel sorry for her. He wanted to stop it, but couldn't justify from taking her out of a good memory. His mind was soon yelled into as the things started to appear around them.

He instantly pulled out his pistol and paused for a moment wondering if the things were going to make the first move or not. He spread out of his field and got a complete view of the creatures around him along with his allies. Luckily, Sugary seemed to be already decided and felt the familiar feeling of storm magic. He got what the stallion was planning and once he shot of the bolt, Lightning split into three different lightning strikes. The one in the middle shot to the creatures like Sugary had originally aimed for while to other shot to hit those further out. He got ready to fire at anything that came from the left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Mon May 19, 2014 10:31 am

For Fantasy, everything was happening in a rush. She'd gone from having to fight Timberwolves and getting out of a forest fire, to fighting shadow beasts at a camp she'd just found, to finding a creepy castle and have it mess with her mind with fake Element bearers, and now she was having more foes thrown at her, all in less than an hour and a half.

To her surprise, she was relatively adaptable to the situation, finding herself in a battle-ready position already. Her mace was lifted above her head, and knees and elbows bent. Her feet were spread apart from each other, with her left foot ahead of her right. Her ears were perked, hopefully to detect any attempted attacks from behind.

She didn't like these things. The dark creatures had been creepy enough, with big glowing yellow eyes and this intense aura of malice. At least those creatures looked anatomically... well. These things were a new level of wrong. They looked like they didn't have a single bone in their body, save for some deformed skull. They had these... daggers as hands. Long, sharp claws, one on the end of each arm, that looked like it could skewer her with barely a second thought. The worst part had to be the face, though. While those other things had been dark and hard to see, this thing was bright white, like the room, and every feature it had easily seen. That's what made the face so unnerving. The thing's skull was pointed on the front, above a maliciously frowning mouth of shark teeth, and there was a... symbol on it's... forehead? Likely card-related, as she'd seen that sort of stuff on cards before. The most chilling feature on this thing, though, was its lack of eyes. Without eyes, there was no way for the creature to fully show where it was directing its malice and hatred. You just... felt it. You felt its malice, its desire to brutally murder you. You couldn't say you weren't going to be first, or next, because you didn't know. You could only hope you weren't its first target.

Fantasy huffed, and rather than pushing down her fear, she partially embraced it. Fear is good, she'd been taught. At least, some fear. It kept you quick on your feet, quick to react to a threat and whatever it had to throw at you. Not fearing these things was stupid. They were obviously dangerous, they were obviously hostile, and if they weren't taken seriously, they could very well kill you. She was alert, ready to attack, and, yes, afraid. She should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   Mon May 19, 2014 11:47 am

Oathbound's axes came back to life as he heard the voice of Princess Luna in his head, having heard enough voices in his head today to know that nothing good happened when you heard a voice in your head.
And even though the lunar princess' voice in his head was alarmed of the creatures that just appeared, it didn't give Oath any assurance of the authenticity of the voice.

As it stood, he only saw one thing that he knew was real - a foe that stood in the group's way.
"Trouble." He answered Luna's voice as he gripped his weapons in his hands tightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castle Oblivion   

Back to top Go down

Castle Oblivion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next