A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Idea for beginner friendly games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doomande

PostSubject: Idea for beginner friendly games   Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:43 pm

So lately have we had a good steady stream of new members on the site, and while some have just jumped out into it and joined a lot of games and tried things out (you know who you are, and we fucking love you guys!), are there as well a lot of people that sign up and write a character and then are a bit shy and haven't joined any games yet (and we love you guys as well!).

While we are good at welcomming people with open arms when it comes to our skype chat have I not seen so many games that are trying to do the same. So does anyone have any ideas about what prompts that would make a good beginner game, or how one could make an else big and scary looking game into one there are manageable?

And remember, all ideas will help out, even if it is an idea that get scrapped since those make the gears in ones head go round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jammex

PostSubject: Re: Idea for beginner friendly games   Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Personally, as newb myself, I think just being a little more open, literally just adding (Beginners welcome) to the thread's title to let us newbies know we are in fact welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Idea for beginner friendly games   Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:45 am

I remember when I started off It was a social thread. The multidimensional bar if I'm correct.
I'm planing to make a open social thread in December. It a good place to get to other styles of role playing and get in to your own style.
But, Knowing not all new ponies are overly social. Might help having an group or a section, that could do a simple threads with the new members.
Ease them in to the format.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for beginner friendly games   

Back to top Go down

Idea for beginner friendly games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1