A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Mecha Show Expo! (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:56 am

Kiryuu whistles gently, enjoying the sights as they approach the lounge. "Nice place." She waves to a few admirers.

View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm

With nothing much to say himself Indicus just sat back and enjoyed the relative quiet. When the karaoke machine started up he looked to see a couple others select a song and start to sing he did not understand a word but he did not mind the change in mood the song gave. Now with a song playing Indicus continued to drink his beer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 am

While the two first fumbled over some of the controls at first, they quickly got the hang of it and moving the scorpion-shaped mech was second nature to them in no time at all. Horn had taken up a magazine and relaxed for a while as Ford and Amp manouvered the mech over to the site. He was then asked where they should start.
"How about everywhere?" He said with a grin as he pressed a big red button and watched as the Brass Scorpion's leg plates moved to the side, revealing drills. These drills began to dig into the earth, while the plates formed a stabilizing pyramid-shape. Soon the mech was firmly set in the ground. Then the trio began to slowly separate as the three cockpits turned out to be detachable from one another, along with the two front claws gaining more width between them. They were all still connected to the main body, but they were more like a hydra now. Or a chimera.
Now the trio had access to pretty much every location they could think of the mech being useful at. For his part, Horn Abs used the tail bucket to shoo away some of the workers who were using shovels to dig a hole for water and began to dig into the earth with his much-larger digging instrument. As an added bonus, the detached cockpits also proved to have speaker systems that the trio had access to since their short-range microphones were no longer connected. This meant they had complete autonomy from one another but could listen to the others if need be.
"Alright, time to really go for a test-drive."

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Ruby shook her head. "Not really... we generally just go for class rather than an actual name for each mech..." she paused as she considered something. "Though I suppose the Blood Asp is onenof a kind... and it's ok, really... we all have passions. Mine involve shooting things."

When they arrived at the mech, Ruby was admiring it quietly, studying the armoured shell, before blinking as Divine rolled over to the leg and ran a hand across the white surface gently. "Well now... that's not something you see every day."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:03 pm

The Turtle Bot carrying Kiryuu would eventually reach its destination of the Pilot's Lounge, and enter through the doors fast, nearly tripping a few as the small dragon was a startling image in the bar all of a sudden, and then left her in the seat opposite of Indicus rather gently. "Turtle. Calculations dictate you will endanger no one here. You will remain under vigilance within the Expo either way. And keep this. Turtle." Despite the apparent illusion of being under arrest, the Turtle Bot spat out onto the table a ticket that allowed Kiryuu in the Lounge, and just moved about at random through the rowdy pilots, leaving her be to simply not cause trouble... Or at least, no more trouble than some of the pilots themselves as a second group practically booed and shooed away the lass from earlier so they could set themselves up to play with their own instruments and their own music. The lead singer's voice was a bit rough on the ears, but it wasn't a bad song by any means.

As for Abs, he'd be listening to loud cheers of joy through the intercom, mostly from Ampere anyway while Ford kept fairly hushed, as they got to piloting the more intricate looking machine for multi-tasking. "Now why under the Celestial skies would you hold out on this detail!? THIS is the way to work hard and work grand!" And so it began, the machine suddenly showing up scaring a few of the less equipped workers as they began to work all around themselves. If the trio did it all right, they alone might account for half the entire effort and cut down on time to start the next main event round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Kiryuu looked at Indicus curiously. "Odd that I find myself in the pilot's lounge when I am neither a pilot, nor require one..." She scans the room quietly while awaiting if a reply will come or not.

View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 am

Indicus looked up at the dragon that was now in-front of him when she spoke and thinking on what Plasma Cutter said and sighed. "Eh if you attend the event long enough you'll learn that sometimes the Turtle bots do very odd and sometimes amazing things in the name of safety. Hell one time twenty or thirty carried out a heavy mech deemed unsafe in a similar way to how you were put here."

Indicus took another sip of his beer now only halfway finished with the beverage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:05 am

Sandy covered her self from all the explosions. " What brain dead person allows scientist to throw explosive chemicals? On that note WHY were any of these guys throwing chemicals, anyways?"
She tend to a look around to see the fiery blobs. "I got good news and bad new. good news. We could easy narrow down who did the attack. bad news, we surrounded by pissed off, firely blobs, any ideas?" She said getting somewhat closer to alpha.

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Indicus wrote:
Indicus looked up at the dragon that was now in-front of him when she spoke and thinking on what Plasma Cutter said and sighed. "Eh if you attend the event long enough you'll learn that sometimes the Turtle bots do very odd and sometimes amazing things in the name of safety. Hell one time twenty or thirty carried out a heavy mech deemed unsafe in a similar way to how you were put here."

Indicus took another sip of his beer now only halfway finished with the beverage

"Wait, are you saying people got nosebleeds from a heavy mech?" Kiryuu's mind boggled, a few sparks shooting from her ears, "She must have had a heavy duty breastplate..." Kiryuu looks down at her own armored body and wonders what else could have gone wrong.

"Eh, either way, I'm SUPPOSED to be giving a demonstration later on and was trying to explore. The name's K1-Ryuu-model combat gynoid, but I prefer to be called Kiryuu. What's your name?"

View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:46 pm

"No, the heavy mech had a faulty fission reactor and the turtle bots took dug a hole in the grass about a mile away and twenty miles deep to keep the entire convention area from a nuclear winter and the surrounding residents from radiation poisoning. Indicus clarified but was confused as to her response. "Anyway my names Indicus, nice to meet you Kiryuu."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 am

Indicus wrote:
"No, the heavy mech had a faulty fission reactor and the turtle bots took dug a hole in the grass about a mile away and twenty miles deep  to keep the entire convention area from a nuclear winter and the surrounding residents from radiation poisoning. Indicus clarified but was confused as to her response. "Anyway my names Indicus, nice to meet you Kiryuu."

"Nice to met you, too, Indicus." She mulls over the statement, "Sorry, I had assumed, based on what you said, that the mech had also wound up in a simmilar sexually compromising situation as I had. My mistake." She looks around the room, "Care to show me around?"

View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:15 am

"A hundred ton death machine winding up in a sexually compromising position that would be interesting." Indicus suppresses a laugh at the thought before continuing. "Yea I can show you around the place if you wan't"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:11 am

Indicus wrote:
"A hundred ton death machine winding up in a sexually compromising position that would be interesting." Indicus suppresses a laugh at the thought before continuing. "Yea I can show you around the place if you wan't"

Kiryuu smiles, standing up from her seat, "Thank you, that would be much appreciated."

View user profile
Syntavant

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:18 am

Razz opened an eye and cocked an eyebrow. She watched with curiosity as Divine tentatively reached out to run her hand on the mech's leg.

She was caught off-guard when Ruby began audibly mumbling something next to her.

"Oh, uh... pardon?" Razz asked as politely as she could, lifting herself off of her temporary leaning post and walking over to look at whatever had caught Divine's, and, in conjunction, Ruby's attention. "She's not scratched or anything, is she? I just got her painted..."

Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:30 am

Sir_Knightmare wrote:

Kiryuu smiles, standing up from her seat, "Thank you, that would be much appreciated."

Indicus stands up from his own seat and gets ready to start the little tour, "Well Lets get out of the lounge and I can show you the Challenge Arena first where mech piolts are given challenges and can earn recognition and extra money if they win especially the harder challenges which are usually live fire exercises against AI controlled mechs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:59 am

Kiryuu condenses what Indicus is saying, understandind the 'Arena' system, "Sounds like the battle arena from back home." She follows Indicus calmly, her his swaying from side to side hypnotically

View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:17 am

"That is basically what it is but usually the fights are stopped before someone is killed but the damage to the mech and loss of confidence from investors or people that would give contract work that hurts." Indicus and Kiryuu were now at the arena's entrance. "Well if you want there may be an event going on now if you want to watch?" Indicus asked wanting to give Kiryuu a decent tour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:19 am

Kiryuu shrugs, "I participate in enough fights, I don't need to watch others. I'm actually in vacation."

View user profile
Indicus

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:37 am

"Fair enough, Well lets move on to..." Indicus thought for a moment before settling on an area. "Lets go to the mech hangers, as one can expect it is where pilots and their teams modify or fix mechs, sometimes even build new ones." Indicus walked towards the mech hangers making sure not to leave Kiryuu behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:16 am

Ruby shook her head and giggled. "No, no no at all... she's um... talking to Lulu." She said, scratching the back of her neck, before glancing at Divine. "She hasn't done that in a while, not since... since she lost her legs." Ruby crouched down and smiled at Divine. "What did she say?"

Divine smiled and looked up at Razz, before glancing at Lulu. "Lulu... she says thank you, and she likes having you pilot her too. Oh, and that the servo in her left leg is a tiny bit out of adjustment." Divine smiled and stretched out her arms. "Sorry, did you mention the Blood Asp Ruby? Are you gonna pilot it again?"

Ruby shook her head. "I don't think so, not yet anyway..." She shrugged and looked up at the gleaming white mech quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:47 am

Alpha dived down and took cover as things began to explode around him. Well, whoever he was following was sure to be gone now. All he could do was shield himself from the explosions and sparks of chemicals that flew about. And as soon as he could stand, he was met with more of those strange goo creatures. "Dangit... What I wouldn't give for a shotgun..."

Last edited by Alpha P on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:02 am

Sandy's ear perk up "I have a idea. you by chance have a something that can cause a spark on you? and please tell me yes."

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Indicus wrote:
"Fair enough, Well lets move on to..." Indicus thought for a moment before settling on an area. "Lets go to the mech hangers, as one can expect it is where pilots and their teams modify or fix mechs, sometimes even build new ones." Indicus walked towards the mech hangers making sure not to leave Kiryuu behind.

Kiryuu follows close, examining and scanning everything along the path. "Interesting."

View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:43 pm

For the time being, Sandy and Alpha weren't being chased by anything in particular, but one thing they might notice from a nearby blob was that it growled at random, then kept still and quiet... and then exploded on the spot, leaving a rather notable scorch mark after the loud bang. All round them, many remained, but some moved more than others, and some were moving closer at random as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:32 am

Howevrr interesting the book was, Dust knew that the explosions she could hear weren't supposed to happen since no event was going on at the range. She quickly radioed on military channels in for someone to take over her shift temporarily before going through the blast doors out of the mech. She headed for the sound of explosions quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mecha Show Expo! (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Mecha Show Expo! (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next