A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

In Candescence {SKYWARD}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:24 pm

"Oh, no, we're not kidnapping him or anything." Awkward laughter. " He looked pretty exhausted when we met him, and now this." Acrimony pointed at Tinder's back. She chuckled awkwardly.

"Torias is the nation we're headed to," Acrimony explained. "There's Torias Major and Torias Minor. Torias Major's the one with the huge forests and garden cities. Their love for grown structures really show, Helps with tourism a lot."

Acrimony bounced a little as she walked. It was unavoidable now that they were almost at half standard gravity. Halfway to the docks!...

"Yeah, we're headed for Minor, but Major isn't that far away from there. The markets in Torias Minor are really nice, yeah. Our ship's going to trade there and whoa what the what I think he's awake--"

Last edited by PortalHunter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://portalhunter.deviantart.com
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:38 pm

“If having a formulated manner of speaking is considered impolite to some, then am I prepared to take such a path to its inevitable destination.” This Kirin mare was an earful of air, and that often made one want to flinch. “I do not know the relationship you share with them, but perhaps the dragon you eye with annoyance is an adept conversationalist, and you lack the ability to see it in such a way.” She actually doubt the truth of that statement, but she was not going to admit it. It was all about pushing the buttons. She then nodded at the nicer mare to show she understood that she was not that bad and relieve her of any awkwardness.”

“It is no business of mine what you do with them, I do not care about the legality of your activities. I do find it an article of interest that you are travelling towards Torias Minor. I am bound for the destination myself, but the weather we have enjoyed has kept me from missing the meeting time with the captain. Acrimony Tang. I can only imagine him, the ironclad captain…” Mittere had an image in her head that would be a shame to shatter. She was not in need of her wings just yet to aid in movement, so they remained hidden. It was also a great pain to free them, her clothing and her body not being up to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:42 pm

"Are you going to faint again when you realize there's still a proper dragon here? Because if you are I'm not gonna bother carrying you around any more." the kirin still shook the poor lanky thing off her back, not giving him much ceremony, if any, and leaving him to sort his own walking out. Done with him for now, she turned her attention back to the unknown mare, giving her a blank glare.
"Well if you can't be bothered to speak like a normal po—snrk..." she snorted at Mittere's little praise, just a hint of fire taking a gasp out through her nostrils. Apparently this mare had quite the imagination. "Yeah...'ironclad'...snrk...think ya need to calm yer titties, seeing as your captain ain't some great big pillar of stallionhood...snrk...ain't that right, Acrimony?"

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15 pm

Lagnia glanced over at Acrominy. "Miss Acrominy, I assure you that I am awake. I was merely having an episode caused by extreme stress and probable lack of food and sleep." He then looked at Tinder, and was unceremoniously dumped off of her back. He would adjust himself to land perfectly, before another step caused him to bounce up into the air. He ended up having to change how he walked so he wouldn't bounce too high. "Miss Tinder, I'm not going to faint again. At least, faint from the meaningless and uninformative collection of meat that I suppose is your mother. Really, I believe I fainted because she was an affront to my senses on every level. It was a shock, really. I've never had that happen before."

Lagnia continued to bounce along, smiling and shaking his head at Mittire. He almost considered telling her about Acrominy, but Tinder beat him to the punch, her response sprinkled with innuendo and a clever wit he wished hadn't been trained out of him in favor of formality. He began laughing quietly at Mittire's expense.

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Dusk simply kept quiet as the conversation went on, silently hoping that the new mare wouldn't start thinking he was the captain once she realized Acrimony wasn't him, as he fit the profile she desired. He certainly wasn't against romance of any kind, but finding a mare that wasn't just interested in his formidable size, and likely correlating that to a particular part of his body, seemed to be difficult. Plus, if he was honest, he preferred more naturally built mares, like Viola. Of course, thinking of Viola in such a way made him blush a bit before he promptly tossed it aside. Now was not the time for romance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:06 am

Lunatic glances over at Lagnia as he spews insults at her, but makes no comment. She felt no need to justify herself to Lagnia or Tinder. The little 'incident' he had had aroused her curiosity to a small degree, but now was not the time to press that. The mare in front of them, Mittere, was currently having her fantasies shattered by Tinder. Her daughter had not taken the most diplomatic of approaches, but she had done well enough Lunatic felt no need to intervene. That could change though, depending on Mittere's reaction to the news.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:05 am

Acrimony came to several realizations.

Okay, so Lagnia was feeling better now? Or something?? "Okay, so you're back up. We'll get you someplace to rest when we get to the ship, all right?"

And the wordy mare who was behind them was supposed to be part of her flight.

The mare also had mentioned an 'ironclad captain', specifically a stallion, and Acrimony felt her face heat up, the chill wind suddenly much worse. Um. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

All the things she couldn't bring herself to say in front of her passengers came to the forefront of her mind. She swept the thoughts away with a sniff and tried to keep a straight face.

Acrimony did one of her not-quite-smiles and sniffed a little more.
She looked around for a few seconds, shook her head, then cleared her throat. 
"Heh. Heheh... I'm Acrimony Tang, pilot of the Micrathene 5." she wondered if she should put her hoof out for the mare to shake it, or... The mare didn't strike her as the type for that, not really. She did it anyway with a few gear-clicks. 

Her headache was starting to pulsate again. Acrimony tried to regain her businesslike, polite composure again. "...I guess you're coming with us, then." She shrugged. "Yeah, sorry about that mix-up. We also had to leave a bit early due to... unforeseen circumstances." Things that weren't planned seemed to be all the rage this week. "What alias do you go by?"

Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:17 am

Viola was mildly amused by the talking going on now, and couldn’t help but giggle a bit. “Well then, things continue to get interesting. I wonder if this is what Sunny puts up with on a regular basis.” She thought. Then again, what Sunny puts up with is life-endangering adventure. Compared to that, Viola was going on a simple pleasure cruise. She was actually quite eager to get going. Maybe find a time to stretch her wings and test out her zero-gravity flying skills. For now though, she followed the group and kept quiet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Mittere was naturally disappointed, but given the circumstances and how there was already some laughter and some awkwardness on the air. The innate awkwardness usually present in her speech hid the fact she had embarrassed herself. Unaffected, she held her head high, fully prepared to power through the situation. “My mammaries are perfectly cool. There is little shame in dreams or fantasy. Everyone of us partakes in such things, it does not matter how base they end up being.”

Though her assessment was correct, since Acrimony had made the effort, Mittere moved to meet her hoof, taking care now that the pony she imagined proved to be slightly more fragile than expected “It is a pleasure to meet you,” she said, before adding something intended to bring the atmosphere back to normal. “It does not reflect well when one can no let go of another's mistakes.” She was apologising and asking for forgiveness, though without actually asking a question. “Mittere. Since you enquired about my alias. It is simpler.” Simpler than what she did not say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 am

"Mittere, nice to meet you." Acrimony nodded and repeated the name under her breath. Not a name she had heard before. It sounded vaguely archaic, though she couldn't fathom why. 

Everyone was pretty light by this point. Acrimony hopped with a little extra bounce in her step. She felt the pressure of the oppressive headache go away along with the weight on her back. She had relaxed her magical grip on all the small components in her support frame. Nice to not have to worry about all those small components anymore.

What little drizzle that came through up here came almost sideways at the motley group in little bursts and sprays. The great creaking and groaning of the wheels and its engines were less noticeable this far zenith. It helped clear Acrimony's mind a little. It also gave a very nice, clear view of the town, of the hundreds of colourful rooftops and flags and lights that ran over the inside of the loop. They were almost three hundred and fifty feet up from ground level now.

Several low-gee structures attached to the hub of Circlet 3 greeted Acrimony and her passengers as they neared the top of the curveway. The buildings up here were arranged with little regard to gravity, stacked haphazardly on of each other in roughly finished wooden octahedrals, built onto the sides of the wheel's hub like so many barnacles dotting some derelict ship.

Acrimony propelled herself through the air expertly and gracefully, hopping from house to beam to roof through the street. Up ahead in the tangle of supports, metal beams, rope nets, and wooden shacks was the path towards the docking station. A rope trail lead straight towards the entryway just a few dozen feet off. 

Acrimony lead the way in the near-weightless space of the hub, now relying on her magic to push herself to the doors. "Hey Dusk," she asked, "You said you had to get your bike, right?"

Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:33 am

Dusk was able to use his magic to push himself to follow Acrimony. He generally tried not to push off of things too hard, as he was much stronger than what was required. He soon answered Acrimony saying, "Yes, and it's in the docking area too. Just point out your ship and I'll get my bike and fly it to there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 pm

"And something of a disappointment to meet you.” Mittere really didn't think she was being clear enough for the mare; Acrimony always seemed a little confused when she spoke, and she hadn’t meant it to seem so...She'd have to rectify her speech and show that she had what Tinder called ‘social skills’. With enough glorious silence and space to breathe, the mare came up with a better sentence to add on. “It is nothing against you. You do in fact look like a competent pilot with quality time behind you, my expectations were just set to a level of unreachable attainment. I will find some measure to try and properly amend the offence I caused. Something can be salvaged from the situation I am sure.” Mittere sighed at the prospect of having to perform any acrobatics without the easy crutch of wings, but undressing in the cold was not an option to her. She knew how to move and the good paths to take as she propelled her at Acrimony’s lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Lagnia took to the low-g like a fish to water...though water floated around in zero g now...No thinking too hard about that. He moved about with a few hops, skips and jumps from building to building, using his claws to help his grip and direction, though he didn't know how long his body was going to hold up before he passed out again. "Yes, a place to rest would be nice. Low gravity can only help so much." Double checking his pistols to make sure they were strapped in place, he then grabbed a pole to swing on, and accidentally glanced off in the wrong direction. He put out one of his forelegs, keeping the claws open as a small get of flame came out to correct his path and set him back with the group. It was somewhat taxing on his body to do so, but he didn't pass out. No more of that now...I almost passed out again. Keep the risks to a minimum.

PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:53 am

"It's just right over there, the one way off to the right. Yeah, the grey one. The one moored next to the red catamaran." Acrimony waved Dusk off to go get his jetbike.

It was a bit unsettling to hear Mittere talk She sounded extremely... Poetic? Archaic? Confusing? Whatever it was about her speech, Acrimony could still mostly understand what she was trying to say. "Oh yes, our ship was originally designed as a salvage tug," she joked. "We'll definitely find something useful outta this." It was true, though. The Micrathene 5 was simply a repurposed salvager that was a few decades out of date. As the group neared the ship, it was even more evident that this ship was being used for functionality, not aesthetics. Scratches and dents and corroded growths covered much of its hull, making it look much older than it actually was. There was an indistinct figure sitting inside its cone-glass cockpit, the electric flashes of ongoing equipment repair flickering irregularly in the relative darkness of the space.

"But really, there's no need to apologize about something as silly as that," Acrimony continued. "You'll get to meet an actual handsome male soon," she said brightly. Or, at least, most of him, anyway...

Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Now that Dusk knew what ship to bring his jetbike to, he went off to get it. He had to admit his bike was probably in better shape than the ship based on the looks of it. However, the ship had engineers, he didn't have any for his bike.

It didn't take long for him to reach his bike, even though it was slightly outdated at this point, it was very sleek and well maintained. The sleekness was broken by two guns jury-rigged to it on the sides. It wasn't often he needed to use them, but they certainly were helpful when he did. It took a couple tried for him to get the bike running, but soon he was flying with it and made his way to the ship. He took the most direct route he could. He landed it on the deck until he knew where he should put it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:52 pm

Mittere shook her head. She could allow herself to feel in the wrong in this instance. “I carried an assumption based on my most favourable expectations. It is clearly an insult that one like yourself was not included in such things. If you say that it does not matter, we can leave the issue, and move on to the matter of greater importance. I think that I shall judge that one for myself. I am hardly too exacting, but tastes differ. If I needed more motivation to make it the inconsequential distance the ship, you would have certainly provided such a push.” The ship seemed like it had been used far more than the warranty would have ever covered. She wondered if there were any such guarantees in this area. It was certainly not as cosy as she was used to, and she was enjoying the roughness so far. It came just as natural to her as living at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:29 am

Finally in a place with very low gravity, Viola was able to spread her wings, showing the right wing was metal. She flew around, taking a bit of time to adjust herself to the lack of gravity, and then just hovered nearby. “So that’s the ship?” She asked, looking at the ship for a moment. “Looks pretty cool.” Viola was rather eager to go and see the world beyond this giant wheel, albeit a very interesting giant wheel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:47 am

"That's the ship!”

Tarnished crystalline plating, crossed with cracks and dotted with barnacles and other growths. Magically-reinforced wooden supports bleached by sunlight, pockmarked with chinks. Acrimony liked to think it only looked rough and worked fine. That was true. Mostly.

“The last of the Micrathenes."

And now the long-obsolete ship model would be seeing use carrying live cargo for the second time this scorecycle. This would pay for the engine replacement parts for sure.

A pair of double doors, the main entrance, opened. Light flooded through, pale warmth. It flickered as a rather angular griffin drifted out, trailing wires and other arcanoelectrical equipment. He saluted stiffly as he saw Acrimony and eyed the passengers. A craggy grin crept up his oddly-scarred face, crystal eyes glowing bright red.

“H-hello, all.’ The griffin waved with an oddly spindly paw. “I-it won’t take long to get going, so…” He glanced at Acrimony. She looked back at him expectantly. He shrugged.

“‘Kay. Uh. Come on in. It’s, um, warmer in here.” He grabbed at the loose bundle of wires and plugs and swiftly flew back in with a friendly, if twitchy, glance at the others. “Nice to meet you all.”

Acrimony chuckled, grabbing at a loose tool the griffin had left behind. “He’s the captain of this ship. We’re getting stuff ready.” Or desperately trying to get something working again. That worked too. “Come on in.” She manoeuvred to the ship’s wide-open doors, sighing at the thought of having to force the ignition points to work again.

Back to top Go down
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:34 pm

“Captain...” Mittere echoed. It took something to be proud enough to call yourself that on a ship like this. She assumed they could at least get parts cheap if they were the last active ship of their class but still… “Do we not get a safety brief?” Mittere knew the answer already, so it was more of a joke. She imagined they did not need to worry too much about being sued if something went wrong. If something happened to the ship, there wouldn’t be anypony left. She just had to check everything for her piece of mind to be safe, to know what she could do when something inevitably broke or set alight on the journey. Entertainment likely wouldn’t be very plentiful, and all conversation she had taken part in so far was not at all stimulating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Dusk led his bike inside the craft. He hoped he'd be shown a place to put it. But, if not, he assumed it would go with the other cargo the ship was probably carrying. This ship definitely was a piece of junk to him, but at least it was a piece of junk that flew. All it needed to do was get him to his destination. He wondered what he'd do until then though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortalHunter

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:07 am

Acrimony had already drifted past the doors, through the airlock chamber, and past the next door.

Her mind was on ignition primers and misaligned spark arrays.

The place looked to be in better condition on the inside. One had to ask, though, what all those scratch marks were doing on the inside of the exterior airlock door.

Seemed as though it had been recently cleaned up.

Continuing on, following Acrimony. Entering the main passageway running through the axis of the ship, hopping from worn steps and bars.

The cargo bay doors were wide open. In went the pony with his jet bike.

From inside the ship, a diamond dog made his way there as well.

"Okay, right. Let's see... Uh, do you want me to take your... Oh, right..." Clinks and metallic sliding noises as Acrimony shook her head. "Let's get going to your rooms, maybe put bags and stuff away, yeah?"

Rough, deep, throaty, with an air of sophistication and clarity.

A polite cough. "Nice to see another biker around."

The diamond dog hung from a stack of crates, tying boxes together. The black-stained working attire marked him as someone who had spent three hours that morning fixing up a faulty hydraulic pump system. "What model?"

Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:16 am

"Skystriker," Dusk said as he made sure his bike was latched down for the trip, "One of the fastest models out there. Well, it will be again once I get the parts I need to repair it. Since I assume you're a biker too, what model do you ride?"

Dusk could tell he was speaking to an engineer, if not the head engineer. He recalled Acrimony mentioning that, but of course he could've misheard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Mittere nodded and walked along with no pretense of interest. The air of a professionalism was ever so lacking from their tour.  She did not plan to sleep much regardless, and much prefered to keep things close. “You should be more at ease,” the mare advised. “I am not convinced any of our number will take a bite from you. I do believe I have mangled that expression.” Maybe it was just a big setup for her pun. Her speech was always deliberate compared to others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Candescence {SKYWARD}    

Back to top Go down

In Candescence {SKYWARD}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: NSFW-
Jump to: